PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kaman anyone?

SinBAD
04-30-2011, 04:52 AM
We need a low post scorer who can defend maybe command a double team.RJ for Kaman.Kaman is upset about his minutes RJ can thrive in that system with blake griffin.Would be really good for us.

20beastie45
04-30-2011, 04:54 AM
I like Kaman!

TJastal
04-30-2011, 04:59 AM
We need a low post scorer who can defend maybe command a double team.RJ for Kaman.Kaman is upset about his minutes RJ can thrive in that system with blake griffin.Would be really good for us.

No team is gonna touch RJ with a 10' pole now. Cept for maybe his buddies on the banana boat.

20beastie45
04-30-2011, 05:01 AM
No team is gonna touch RJ with a 10' pole now. Cept for maybe his buddies on the banana boat.

:lmao:lmao

Chomag
04-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Going to need more then RJ to get a bite. I'm not so sure if Kamen would be a great fit. With Duncan, Spurs need someone a bit more athletic. He would be a great back up though , but he is way to expensive for that.

MaNu4Tres
04-30-2011, 05:08 AM
I brought him up in another thread.

Jefferson, McDyess, Blair and 2011 First round pick for Kaman and Gomes could work.

Clippers would shave 2-3 million next year if they would decline McDyess' option.

At the same time, Clippers would have Blair on a very cheap contract for 2 more years and the difference between Jefferson and Gomes' salary is only 5 million in 2012 and 6 million in 2013.

That offer may get the Clippers to think, although they'd probably counter with Bledsoe for Hill to be added to only set the asking price a little higher.

Off topic-- I really want the Spurs to pursue Battier this free-agency period.

20beastie45
04-30-2011, 05:11 AM

Jefferson, McDyess, Blair and 2011 First round pick for Kaman and Gomes could work.

Clippers would shave 2-3 million next year if they would decline McDyess' option.

At the same time, Clippers would have Blair on a very cheap contract for 2 more years and the difference between Jefferson and Gomes' salary is only 5 million in 2012 and 6 million in 2013.

That offer may get the Clippers to think, although they'd probably counter with Bledsoe for Hill to be added to only set the asking price a little higher.

No way the Grizz let him go! IMO

MaNu4Tres
04-30-2011, 05:12 AM
No way the Grizz let him go! IMO

He'll be an unrestricted free agent.

venitian navigator
04-30-2011, 05:13 AM
kaman for rj and dice works
as works kaman and gomes for bonner, dice and rj

I see both as possible deals.
For as weird as it can be, rj is the kind of player (sf, for a run and gun team, with nba experience) the clippers should be looking for...'till Aminu will be ready to contribute permanently.
Kaman looks expendable if they re-sign De Andre Jordan (I thgink they re-sign him after his goos d season, also 'cause he looks the right kind of dinamic center to put near BG), also 'cause he's not the best fit at center for an up tempo team.

objective
04-30-2011, 05:16 AM
Battier isn't going to leave the better team that will improve further when Gay returns to join the declining non-contenders he just helped smash out of the playoffs.

And not even the Clippers are stupid enough to trade Kaman for RJ, even with Blair.

What on earth would they do with Jefferson? Aminu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson. Undrafted free agent SF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson.

They don't need to save the money. Blake Griffin prints them money.

They might move Kaman, but it sure as shit won't be for RJ's rotting, expensive corpse and Dejuan Blair.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 05:18 AM

Hey I'm all for unloading Jefferson if its possible. But I don't want to piss away the future of the franchise (Blair, Hill, 1st rounder) for basically a couple scrubs and a oft-injured white doofus who Pop will fall in love with and overplay. One overplayed ginger is quite enough, thanks.

MaNu4Tres
04-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Battier isn't going to leave the better team that will improve further when Gay returns to join the declining non-contenders he just helped smash out of the playoffs.

What playing time does Battier have when Gay returns? Especially with the emergence of Sam Young (who has outplayed him in recent months).

At the same time, I don't see Grizzlies investing 3-5 million for a 3rd Small Forward.

TJastal
04-30-2011, 05:24 AM
What playing time does Battier have when Gay returns? Especially with the emergence of Sam Young (who has outplayed him in recent months).

At the same time, I don't see Grizzlies investing 3-5 million for a 3rd Small Forward.

They'll pay him something, even if all he does is mentor the younger grizz. He's playing with "house money" remember? I don't think he cares whether or not he plays tbh.

MaNu4Tres
04-30-2011, 05:26 AM

And not even the Clippers are stupid enough to trade Kaman for RJ, even with Blair.

What on earth would they do with Jefferson? Aminu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson. Undrafted free agent SF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson.

They might move Kaman, but it sure as shit won't be for RJ's rotting, expensive corpse and Dejuan Blair.

Don't be so sure..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85966&highlight=Trade

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124681&highlight=Richard+jefferson

20beastie45
04-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Don't be so sure..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124681&highlight=Richard+jefferson

a couple of threads from 2008 and 2009

it's 2011 enough said.

it's kinda like my buddy he always says remember duncan in 2007....My first response is "it's 2011"

objective
04-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Don't be so sure..

Two cases where the Spurs traded away expiring contracts? KT was expiring on a team that was focused on leaving Seattle. RJ was unwelcome in Milwaukee to the point they gave away their leading scorer for expirings.

I could be wrong, but Kaman has more value than expirings. Even if he didn't, RJ's revolting deal is much, much worse than expirings, even with Blair and the 29th pick added.

objective
04-30-2011, 05:52 AM

They could just unload OJ. Time freed up. Role set for the once and future Grizzly. There will be other suitors as well. Real contenders even, not frauds like the Spurs.

Can the Spurs even afford 3-5 million? Even if they could, is he supposed to find minutes behind Jefferson?

04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
First, I don't think the clippers would be too interested in Blair since they already have their own undersized big (who is better than Blair). Second, kaman always gets owned by decent bigs and especially by the lakers bigs for some reason. He's only good against undersized bigs now and would struggle against tough defenders like Perkins, Bynum, and Marc gasol. Third, kaman is also injury prone. Lastly, he's slow and pretty much offers the same thing as Duncan currently but with a much lower bball iq.

TE
04-30-2011, 06:25 AM
I'd do it.

At least this guy is defensively, and rebound-minded.

04-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Oh, I also forgot to mention that I would do this trade in a heartbeat if it means getting rid of Jefferson.

spurspokesman
04-30-2011, 08:04 AM
:lmao

spurspokesman
04-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey I'm all for unloading Jefferson if its possible. But I don't want to piss away the future of the franchise (Blair, Hill, 1st rounder) for basically a couple scrubs and a oft-injured white doofus who Pop will fall in love with and overplay. One overplayed ginger is quite enough, thanks.
:lol:toast

Harry Callahan
04-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Kaman is a fraud. He can't stay healthy.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Griz can't afford Battier if they retain Gasol (and they'll be doing everything they can to retain Gasol)

bigfan
04-30-2011, 09:51 AM
You'd be lucky to get Cherokee Parks for Jefferson nowdays.

elemento
04-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Blair and Hill aren't the future of our franchise ..don't be fucking delusional

If we have to give up on Blair to get rid of Jefferson's ass, i'd do it in a heartbeat. Kaman would help us to score in the post at least.

And i would trade Hill for Batum as well. Portland just got a better player to play SF and i'm sure Portland won't spend money on Batum (only 1 year left in his rookie contract) having Wallace there. They're desperate for a PG and think they would do it in a heartbeat as well.

PDXSpursFan
04-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Blair and Hill aren't the future of our franchise ..don't be fucking delusional

If we have to give up on Blair to get rid of Jefferson's ass, i'd do it in a heartbeat. Kaman would help us to score in the post at least.

And i would trade Hill for Batum as well. Portland just got a better player to play SF and i'm sure Portland won't spend money on Batum (only 1 year left in his rookie contract) having Wallace there. They're desperate for a PG and think they would do it in a heartbeat as well.

+1 on Batum for Hill

fotan2
04-30-2011, 02:15 PM
i like the idea of pursueing Battier. he still has 3-4years left on his clock.

the spurs should be a decent destination for him since his familiy is still in houston. it only takes a 30 minute flight on the commuting.

mexicanjunior
04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Kaman is ok when he is healthy but more often than not he is on the IR...

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2011, 02:29 PM
I'd take it, but sadly is pretty much a case of "too little, too late". The Spurs FO have failed to put another quality big alongside Duncan and that is why he hasn't and will not ring again since 07.

Buddy Holly
04-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Apparently you have never heard of Donald Sterling.

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Hed be nice.

Bobsyeruncle
04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, good luck with Kaman. Bitch is always hurt. I know, I know the Clipper curse, blah blah blah... You want the brittle red-head you can have him.:rollin

Hoops Czar
04-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Spurs don't have options. Take a chance on Oden. Kaman is staying put.

Chomag
04-30-2011, 03:52 PM
I agree, he is way to injury prone to take on his price. Along with the Bad fit with Duncan. Timmy needs a quicker more agile, or athletic shot blocker/rebounder, and good post defender beside him.

Now Greg Oden also injury troubles but would be the better gamble as he could probably be had right now for a 1 year at the MLE if not less. With some shameless courting of course :lol

spurtech09
04-30-2011, 04:01 PM
bonner and rj for kaman....maybe blair or dice

TD 21
04-30-2011, 06:43 PM

I've thought about it, among various other scenarios.

The only teams I could see Jefferson being moved to are the Cavaliers and Clippers. The Cavs are desperate for assets and have a ton of cap space and an owner willing to spend. If the Spurs send, say, their 2013 1st round pick (with provisions, obviously), with Jefferson, for, say, the Cavs 2016 2nd round pick (aka, nothing), the Cavs might bite. It's similar to the Davis trade and would give the Cavs at least a half credible SF (knock Jefferson all you want, he still beats Gee, Eyenga and Graham, who they paraded around at SF) and good veteran example for their young players (sure he's soft, but I mean in terms of his professionalism). Plus, he has a history with Scott.

As far as the Clippers, there's the obvious need at SF, plus the need for more shooting. Kaman's days are numbered with the emergence of Jordan. Kaman is injury prone, wildly inconsistent, probably has no more than two 18/9/1.5 seasons in him and seemingly wouldn't be a good fit next to Duncan against most teams. But if the Spurs could get a legit 7-0, capable of putting up those numbers, still in his twenties and not making completely insane money, as well as dump Jefferson in the process, they'd have to at the very least strongly consider it.

Can't see them trading Bledsoe for Hill, though. Bledsoe is their PG of the future. Hill is a combo guard. They already basically have a combo guard for a PG in Williams. It wouldn't make sense to add another.

I'd like to see the Spurs pursue Chandler, particularly if they could dump Jefferson. They should offer McDyess' partially guaranteed contract and one of Anderson and the 1st (or both, if it takes it). Short of that, they should sign Battier. He'll probably want to re-sign with the Grizzlies and they'll probably want to keep him, but they're loaded on the wings. Even if they trade Mayo, they still have Gay, Allen, Young and Henry, who are all under 30. So they're set their going forward. And with what they're paying their core four, I'm not sure they can afford to give Battier a reasonable offer, especially when he's not needed.

I have no illusions that he's as good defensively as his reputation suggests. But he's a lot better than anyone the Spurs have had on the wings defensively since Bowen. He's a good three-point shooter, can post up smaller wings, play some small ball four and obviously he's a character guy, as well as a leader, so he'd fit in seamlessly into the Spurs.

Nathan89
04-30-2011, 06:51 PM
The Clippers would never take Rj's contract when Kaman only has one year left on his contract. The year after next the Clippers will be able to go after any free agent in the market. That could be someone like D.Howard or some other star. Zero.Fucking.Chance.