Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a low post scorer who can defend maybe command a double team.RJ for Kaman.Kaman is upset about his minutes RJ can thrive in that system with blake griffin.Would be really good for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kaman!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a low post scorer who can defend maybe command a double team.RJ for Kaman.Kaman is upset about his minutes RJ can thrive in that system with blake griffin.Would be really good for us.
    No team is gonna touch RJ with a 10' pole now. Cept for maybe his buddies on the banana boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team is gonna touch RJ with a 10' pole now. Cept for maybe his buddies on the banana boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to need more then RJ to get a bite. I'm not so sure if Kamen would be a great fit. With Duncan, Spurs need someone a bit more athletic. He would be a great back up though , but he is way to expensive for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I brought him up in another thread.

Jefferson, McDyess, Blair and 2011 First round pick for Kaman and Gomes could work.

Clippers would shave 2-3 million next year if they would decline McDyess' option.

At the same time, Clippers would have Blair on a very cheap contract for 2 more years and the difference between Jefferson and Gomes' salary is only 5 million in 2012 and 6 million in 2013.

That offer may get the Clippers to think, although they'd probably counter with Bledsoe for Hill to be added to only set the asking price a little higher.

Off topic-- I really want the Spurs to pursue Battier this free-agency period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jefferson, McDyess, Blair and 2011 First round pick for Kaman and Gomes could work.

Clippers would shave 2-3 million next year if they would decline McDyess' option.

At the same time, Clippers would have Blair on a very cheap contract for 2 more years and the difference between Jefferson and Gomes' salary is only 5 million in 2012 and 6 million in 2013.

That offer may get the Clippers to think, although they'd probably counter with Bledsoe for Hill to be added to only set the asking price a little higher.

No way the Grizz let him go! IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the Grizz let him go! IMO
    He'll be an unrestricted free agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kaman for rj and dice works
    as works kaman and gomes for bonner, dice and rj

I see both as possible deals.
    For as weird as it can be, rj is the kind of player (sf, for a run and gun team, with nba experience) the clippers should be looking for...'till Aminu will be ready to contribute permanently.
    Kaman looks expendable if they re-sign De Andre Jordan (I thgink they re-sign him after his goos d season, also 'cause he looks the right kind of dinamic center to put near BG), also 'cause he's not the best fit at center for an up tempo team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Battier isn't going to leave the better team that will improve further when Gay returns to join the declining non-contenders he just helped smash out of the playoffs.

And not even the Clippers are stupid enough to trade Kaman for RJ, even with Blair.

What on earth would they do with Jefferson? Aminu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson. Undrafted free agent SF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson.

They don't need to save the money. Blake Griffin prints them money.

They might move Kaman, but it sure as won't be for RJ's rotting, expensive corpse and Dejuan Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hey I'm all for unloading Jefferson if its possible. But I don't want to piss away the future of the franchise (Blair, Hill, 1st rounder) for basically a couple scrubs and a oft-injured white doofus who Pop will fall in love with and overplay. One overplayed ginger is quite enough, thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Battier isn't going to leave the better team that will improve further when Gay returns to join the declining non-contenders he just helped smash out of the playoffs.
    What playing time does Battier have when Gay returns? Especially with the emergence of Sam Young (who has outplayed him in recent months).

At the same time, I don't see Grizzlies investing 3-5 million for a 3rd Small Forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What playing time does Battier have when Gay returns? Especially with the emergence of Sam Young (who has outplayed him in recent months).

At the same time, I don't see Grizzlies investing 3-5 million for a 3rd Small Forward.
    They'll pay him something, even if all he does is mentor the younger grizz. He's playing with "house money" remember? I don't think he cares whether or not he plays tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And not even the Clippers are stupid enough to trade Kaman for RJ, even with Blair.

What on earth would they do with Jefferson? Aminu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson. Undrafted free agent SF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson.

They don't need to save the money. Blake Griffin prints them money.

They might move Kaman, but it sure as won't be for RJ's rotting, expensive corpse and Dejuan Blair.
    Don't be so sure..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...ighlight=Trade

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...hard+jefferson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a couple of threads from 2008 and 2009

it's 2011 enough said.

it's kinda like my buddy he always says remember duncan in 2007....My first response is "it's 2011"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two cases where the Spurs traded away expiring contracts? KT was expiring on a team that was focused on leaving Seattle. RJ was unwelcome in Milwaukee to the point they gave away their leading scorer for expirings.

I could be wrong, but Kaman has more value than expirings. Even if he didn't, RJ's revolting deal is much, much worse than expirings, even with Blair and the 29th pick added.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They could just unload OJ. Time freed up. Role set for the once and future Grizzly. There will be other suitors as well. Real contenders even, not frauds like the Spurs.

Can the Spurs even afford 3-5 million? Even if they could, is he supposed to find minutes behind Jefferson?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, I don't think the clippers would be too interested in Blair since they already have their own undersized big (who is better than Blair). Second, kaman always gets owned by decent bigs and especially by the lakers bigs for some reason. He's only good against undersized bigs now and would struggle against tough defenders like Perkins, Bynum, and Marc gasol. Third, kaman is also injury prone. Lastly, he's slow and pretty much offers the same thing as Duncan currently but with a much lower bball iq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it.

At least this guy is defensively, and rebound-minded.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I also forgot to mention that I would do this trade in a heartbeat if it means getting rid of Jefferson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I'm all for unloading Jefferson if its possible. But I don't want to piss away the future of the franchise (Blair, Hill, 1st rounder) for basically a couple scrubs and a oft-injured white doofus who Pop will fall in love with and overplay. One overplayed ginger is quite enough, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman is a fraud. He can't stay healthy.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griz can't afford Battier if they retain Gasol (and they'll be doing everything they can to retain Gasol)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be lucky to get Cherokee Parks for Jefferson nowdays.

Thread Information