View Full Version : Serious Internets Poll Question

Dr. Gonzo
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Who would win in a bare knuckle brawl?

Philip Banks
http://husbandsanddads.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/philip-banks.jpg

vs.

Carl Winslow
http://www.absolut-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/carl_winslow_in_uniform.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
05-03-2011, 11:36 AM
What the hell? I can't create a poll. :(

IronMexican
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Tough choice. I could see Phil winning this thing in 4 or 5, but I can easily see Carl doing the same thing. But I think it'd be a tough 6 or 7 fight series with either fighter possibly winning.

Dr. Gonzo
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
You never told me why David Spade is dancing like a douche in your sig.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Carl Winslow and it's not even close.

Uncle Phil's got an impressive record on paper but who did he ever take on in his own weight class? He inflated his stats tossing around an undersized Jazz and managed to take down that one dude whose daughter was a bully ("I think you have her confused with YO MAMA!"). Whoop-dee-fucking doo.

Meanwhile, dating back to Sean Connery in the Untouchables and possibly back further, fictional members of the Chicago PD are tough motherfuckers. He's not going down like a little bitch, that's for certain. And that opens up the fight to go on and expose Phil's real weakness: conditioning. Dude had heart issues. Carl, though doughy, managed to show off his cardio in the clutch when he had to stay on that treadmill while his chief defused the bomb. Carl could totally rope-a-dope his lawyer. Wouldn't take long before Banks is sucking wind and then Winslow FTW.

Or if he decided to just end it quick he'll get Urkel to hook him up with some Bruce Juice for the fight.

No matter how you slice it Banks goes back to Bel Air in a bodybag.

Dr. Gonzo
05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
That was a brilliant analysis. I think Philip has a better shot than you would think. He was raised on a farm in the South. You can't underestimate his survival instincts and dirty scrapping style.

jman3000
05-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I always liked to think that the character Carl Winslow and Sgt Powell from Die Hard are the same person. His wife is pregnant with Eddie at the time (he's getting the food at the gas station for her before shit hits the fan) and after the incident at Nakatomi Plaza he has to move from LA to Chicago in order to protect his family.

Don't mind the 15 year time gap.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Speaking of Carl Winslow, but is it me or did Zach Randolph favor a fat Eddie Winslow?

Saved By Zero
05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Speaking of Carl Winslow, but is it me or did Zach Randolph favor a fat Eddie Winslow?

I had the same thought. :lol