PDA

View Full Version : Obama approval hits all-time low of 38%

jack sommerset
08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Obama's weakening poll numbers are the result of a slumping economy, stubbornly high unemployment numbers and a recent bruising battle with Republicans in Congress to raise the nation's debt ceiling.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politics/obama_approval_hits_all_time_low_DA5PGs0HSTPgD1Xve fsfDK?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

ChumpDumper
08-25-2011, 06:13 PM
lol nypost

Yeah, team!

jack sommerset
08-25-2011, 06:23 PM
This is more up your alley

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/us-obama-approval-39-appr_n_935583.html

ChumpDumper
08-25-2011, 06:25 PM
If they go back up, you'll never hear it from me!

Just like you never heard a peep from me when they were high!

Go team!

ElNono
08-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Was this part of the same poll?

2012 President
50% Obama (D), 37% Perry (R)
47% Obama (D), 38% Romney (R)
50% Obama (D), 36% Bachmann (R)
51% Obama (D), 34% Palin (R)

ChumpDumper
08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
As crappy as Obama has been, the Republican candidates appear to still have a ways to go.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Internet polls suck anyways

baseline bum
08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
BtDZpvxRnFM

Wild Cobra
08-25-2011, 06:34 PM
As crappy as Obama has been, the Republican candidates appear to still have a ways to go.
Yep, only one can be the top dog, to run against Obama and win.

cheguevara
08-25-2011, 07:24 PM
38% is not that bad.

you can still win the game in Tropico 3 at 38%

jack sommerset
08-25-2011, 07:52 PM

Not really. Your team is in trouble.

"Republican Candidate" Extends Lead vs. Obama to 47% to 39%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148487/Republican-Candidate-Extends-Lead-Obama.aspx

ChumpDumper
08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
jack is actively trying to donate to Generic Republican Candidate.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 08:36 PM
cherry picking polls is fun... if you're jack

personally, I think the only shot Barry has of winning a re-election bid has everything to do with a vote against the GOP than anything he has done.

baseline bum
08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
cherry picking polls is fun... if you're jack

personally, I think the only shot Barry has of winning a re-election bid has everything to do with a vote against the GOP than anything he has done.

In almost any other election I would think Obama is done for, but the teabaggers scare the shit out Americans after they tried to privatize medicare and let the nation default. The teabaggers could very well end up Obama's saving grace just like they were for Harry Reid.

Capt Bringdown
08-25-2011, 10:29 PM

There's a case to be made that Bush was the worst President ever. In the sense that Obama has normalized, extended and amplified many of Bush's policies across the board, not to mention embraced deficit mania, Obama has to be right up (or down) there.

Still, my Liberal friends are still obsessed with those scary, scary Republican/Tea partians. As Obama dismantles what remains of the Democratic party I look forward to their excuses.

Heath Ledger
08-25-2011, 10:45 PM
As long as Florida is involved in the voting process you can win with a 0 percent approval rating.

Same goes with a murder case.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised it's still close to 40%. I'm pretty liberal and I despise O'###### at this point.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm surprised it's still close to 40%. I'm pretty liberal and I despise O'###### at this point.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. To be at 40% the competition must really suck.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 11:24 PM
There's a case to be made that Bush was the worst President ever. In the sense that Obama has normalized, extended and amplified many of Bush's policies across the board, not to mention embraced deficit mania, Obama has to be right up (or down) there.

Still, my Liberal friends are still obsessed with those scary, scary Republican/Tea partians. As Obama dismantles what remains of the Democratic party I look forward to their excuses.

He's up there in the terrible president department, no doubt about it. The only 'plus' over dubya I can think of is that he didn't deploy troops in any wars he started, and that OBL didn't live long enough to laugh at him as much as he did while Jr was at the helm. But it's minor stuff really. Overall he's the continuation of the same shitty policy.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Basically Obama only cares about being popular and being "bipartisan" and it completely backfired. Once he appointed that crazy shylock fuckstick Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff, it shoulda been clear we were in for a shitty 4 years.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 11:38 PM
James David Manning's nickname the "Long Legged Mac Daddy" describes Obama pretty well. He completely pimped the bottom 90% of America in order to get elected by basing his campaign around change, and he brought absolutely none of the change he promised the bottom 90%.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Basically Obama only cares about being popular and being "bipartisan" and it completely backfired. Once he appointed that crazy fuck Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff, it shoulda been clear we were in for a shitty 4 years.

It's weird because he could've run some policy more towards the center-left and had the Congress to do so, but he just fucked up (ie: Obamacare should've been single payor). Then extending the tax cuts and not ending the wars kind of destroyed his credibility with dems.

So now he's in a situation where the left/center sees him as a right winger, and the right had to move to the extreme-right to criticize him. He's never been liked by the right either. Don't really know where he goes from here.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-25-2011, 11:41 PM
I think this election might be a record low turnout. Moderates in this country have absolutely no reason to vote.

Nbadan
08-28-2011, 03:08 AM
It's weird because he could've run some policy more towards the center-left and had the Congress to do so, but he just fucked up (ie: Obamacare should've been single payor). Then extending the tax cuts and not ending the wars kind of destroyed his credibility with dems.

I think politically it would have been very costly not to extend the Bush tax cuts...Obama tried to raise taxes on those making more than $250K and he caught a lot of heat for what should have been a no-brainer....also, there was going to be no second stimulus package, the blue-dog democrats would make sure of that, but that is exactly what the economy needed....the only economic stimulus Obama was going to get were the horribly structured Bush tax cuts.....

Nbadan
08-28-2011, 03:11 AM
So now he's in a situation where the left/center sees him as a right winger, and the right had to move to the extreme-right to criticize him. He's never been liked by the right either. Don't really know where he goes from here.

As much as Progressives and more liberal democrats despise some of Obama's political triangulation, they may show up in big numbers just to vote against Perry....

ElNono
08-28-2011, 06:05 AM
I think politically it would have been very costly not to extend the Bush tax cuts...Obama tried to raise taxes on those making more than $250K and he caught a lot of heat for what should have been a no-brainer....also, there was going to be no second stimulus package, the blue-dog democrats would make sure of that, but that is exactly what the economy needed....the only economic stimulus Obama was going to get were the horribly structured Bush tax cuts.....

People will only remember the record. And the record is an across-the-board right wing agenda. Either he was ok with it, or his 'compromises' suck.

As much as Progressives and more liberal democrats despise some of Obama's political triangulation, they may show up in big numbers just to vote against Perry....

Too early to tell, tbh. His approval rating points to that, but translating that to people actually going out there and voting for him is another story.

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2011, 09:09 AM
People will only remember the record. And the record is an across-the-board right wing agenda. Either he was ok with it, or his 'compromises' suck.

Too early to tell, tbh. His approval rating points to that, but translating that to people actually going out there and voting for him is another story.

my vote will be against perry..i have voted aginst him for the last 2 election cycles and will do so agian, and again, and again,

DarrinS
08-28-2011, 10:22 AM

Wow

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Tbh I'm surprised it took so long for that comment to get a reaction.

ChumpDumper
08-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Tbh I'm surprised it took so long for that comment to get a reaction.Tbh your attempts at shock are getting pretty boring.

ManuBalboa
08-28-2011, 02:23 PM
lol The Gop sucks, the economy sucks much much worse. The game is already over. 1 term and done son.

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
lol black people and work

ChumpDumper
08-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Barrack O'Nigga is such a disgrace at this point he may end up losing to Rick fucking PerryStill not working tbh.

Agloco
08-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Obama's weakening poll numbers are the result of a slumping economy, stubbornly high unemployment numbers and a recent bruising battle with Republicans in Congress to raise the nation's debt ceiling.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politics/obama_approval_hits_all_time_low_DA5PGs0HSTPgD1Xve fsfDK?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

I don't know abot you, but he hasn't paid my mortgage or my gas like he promised. I'm voting for Bachmann, she promised $2 dollar gas. If I can't get it free, at least I'll get it cheap.