PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Bruno
03-10-2012, 02:26 PM
It's in five days, it's time to speculate and dream about what Spurs should do.

ajballer4
03-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I cant remember who said it, but the best idea I've heard so far is James Anderson for Shelden Williams.
Works well for both teams

Edit: Trade machine doesn't work, it would have to be worked a little bit

timtonymanu
03-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Good thread. We can merge everything in here.

That being said, the greys will still flood the forum with trade threads.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
If the Spurs stand pat after the deadline this season will be a wash.

I guess there are better chances of grabbing someone off a buyout.

Amuseddaysleeper

baseline bum
Bonner+Blair for Varejao and a 1st. Do it RC.

timtonymanu
03-10-2012, 02:37 PM

Yep our chances are Boris Diaw for now. I have to get use to the idea of having him here.

Paranoid Pop
03-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Who's available?
We don't have any asset that would allow us to trade for Ilyasova, McGee, Blatche, Bogut, Smith...

A Diaw buy-out seems like the best realistic option but where do we put him in the rotation?

Bruno
03-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Something I wonder is how hard Spurs want to keep this summer potential cap space.

I guess the key to that is how much money Duncan is ready to sacrifice for his next contract.

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Damn.. McGee or Bogut would be nice, so Duncan wouldn't have to defend the paint alone.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 02:58 PM
You guys want Troy Murphy? He's tall, white, spreads the floor, and is a ginger too (or was at one point).

Libri
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Anything available on the Pacers? Larry Bird is looking to make a trade.

BackHome
03-10-2012, 03:49 PM
We need a backup PG?..lol

baseline bum
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Damn.. McGee or Bogut would be nice, so Duncan wouldn't have to defend the paint alone.

McGee may be the dumbest bastard in the league; would love to have Bogut for cheap though.

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-10-2012, 04:16 PM
McGee is pretty bad offensively, & honestly.. his defensive intensity has decreased alot this season, but in the Spurs system, I'm sure he'd be better. The problem is, well.. his shitty attitude.

Bogut would be great.

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-10-2012, 04:17 PM
BUT! I don't know if Bogut can get over the epic tea-bagging Duncan gave him that one game vs. Australia, and just play along side him. :P

jermaine
03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Well they say, outside of John Wall and a couple vets at the end of their bench, their cumulative IQ equals how much they score on an average night...doesn't sound good for McGee, there.

Andrew Bogut, hell yes. Maybe they'd love to take RJ back since he produced for them? Maybe they'll even give us SJ back too since they don't like him? Something like RJ + Blair + Bonner + Anderson + pick(s) for Bogut + SJ. Then sign a buyed-out bigman for MLE and we have a whole new team.

Man I just wet myself thinkin about that trade. I can't lie, I like Bonner but to get rid of Blair, Jefferson, an Anderson. "My brotha, from anotha motha" bonner gots to go. I hate to give those three burn on 2k12 I hate them so much.

DPG21920
03-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Something I wonder is how hard Spurs want to keep this summer potential cap space.

I guess the key to that is how much money Duncan is ready to sacrifice for his next contract.

Not only Duncan, but they have to consider that MLE level money doesn't land them players (see this year's efforts to sign rather average SF's so they could amnesty RJ and they failed to obtain such a player despite having the MLE). If they can trade, I would have to imagine doing that is more appealing since Tim's contract and MLE money might really inhibit their ability to sign someone.

Not to mention that they aren't far off due to the West being open of making a legit run this year.

That is if they want to actually win however...

DPG21920
03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I personally think they will try to make a move (that's probably more of a hope than an actual belief though). With the Tim contract news coming out and the opportunity that is there, combined with the putrid defense they see on a daily basis, they know they have to do something.

It's really hard to envision a trade due to limited assets and the Spurs balling on a budget right now, but I have to believe they are desperately trying to fill in the gaps now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Bring on Ilyasova! Bonner/Blair + Anderson. Spurs got that in the bag.

Spursfan 87
03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
If the Spurs are going to make a move then their draft rights of Nando and Lorbek need to come into play.

TD 21
03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I personally think they will try to make a move (that's probably more of a hope than an actual belief though). With the Tim contract news coming out and the opportunity that is there, combined with the putrid defense they see on a daily basis, they know they have to do something.

It's really hard to envision a trade due to limited assets and the Spurs balling on a budget right now, but I have to believe they are desperately trying to fill in the gaps now.

They will . . . they'll try to dump Anderson for anything they can get (probably some protected future 2nd), so that they can somewhat lessen the tax burden after signing Diaw.

As far as shoring up their glaring weakness, it's not happening. Why they're so ready and willing to throw away one of the final seasons they'll have with Duncan and Ginobili is beyond me, but they made it loud and clear this past off season that they were fine with that.

The best that can be hoped for is that they put Diaw through a rigorous mini training camp upon his arrival, he ends up being a hand in glove fit, they start him and Leonard (with more shooting at the four, they don't need as much at the three -- though Leonard's showing marked improvement in this area --, plus Leonard can help make up for Diaw's lack of rebounding and give them a wing defender in the starting lineup) and play Green ahead of Jefferson as the backup three. I actually think all of this has a decent or better shot at happening, other than Jefferson not being in the rotation.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-10-2012, 07:13 PM

Buck has already tipped their hand on that matter. Sounds like Tim will come down about 40% to ~$12M, no matter how hard the peeps in the forums scream for cap room for players who will never come.

Buy low options, both injured:

Varejao
Bogut

He's going to be replaced anyway by cheaper players and they have no wings:

Al Jefferson

jesterbobman
03-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Blair, Anderson + 1st round pick for Ilyasova & Bucks 2nd round pick, Potentially Blair going to another team for a late 1st(that goes to Milwaukee.)

Then add some kind of free agent big who gets waived(We still have Mini MLE)

ace3g
03-10-2012, 07:33 PM
what most of us have discussed already:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/3/10/2858245/Spurs-trade-possibilities-unlikely

Wild Cobra Kai
03-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Not only Duncan, but they have to consider that MLE level money doesn't land them players (see this year's efforts to sign rather average SF's so they could amnesty RJ and they failed to obtain such a player despite having the MLE). If they can trade, I would have to imagine doing that is more appealing since Tim's contract and MLE money might really inhibit their ability to sign someone.

Not to mention that they aren't far off due to the West being open of making a legit run this year.

That is if they want to actually win however...

Spurs didn't actually have the MLE this off season, only the mini ($2.5M), since they were over the tax figure.

DPG21920
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Spurs didn't actually have the MLE this off season, only the mini ($2.5M), since they were over the tax figure.

If they would have amnestied RJ, they would have. It would have been a simultaneous move; come to agreement with MLE free agent, amnesty RJ to actually make that available and then sign that FA.

benefactor
03-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Yup...that's the offer they made to Caron Butler IIRC.

ElNono
03-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Spurs are standing pat and rolling with what they have... you heard it here first...

spurspokesman
03-10-2012, 09:33 PM

This

spurspokesman
03-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Ilyasova is another stretch 4... would rather trade Bonner instead of Blair if we were to acquire him...

Aint happening. Dude can shoot and he hits the boards pretty well. Someone will offer way more for him. But if we got him i'm all for it.
It was fun watching him drop 25 on the knicks

Robz4000
03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
It's actually looking like the Spurs need a Tony Allen-esque player that can shut down perimeter shooters. Leonard isn't looking like the man for the job anymore (at least this season). It always seems like some scrub gets a hot hand against the Spurs and it usually isn't a big (go figure). If Tim, Tiago, and Blair can hold down the paint like they've been doing as of late on top of getting someone to shutdown the opposing team's hot hand, the Spurs can make a serious playoff run this year. Would be nice to get a stretch 4, but it's looking unlikely at this point.

Avitus1
03-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Spurs wont do shit... as always.

CGD
03-10-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't like the Bogut talk - we already have two very solid centers in TD and Splitter. The better move is for a 4. I like the idea of trying to get Randolph at the deadline from Minni with some combination of Anderson, George Hill's trade exception, a 2nd round pick.

CGD
03-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Anyone have a sense of who is likely to get bought out? I know there was talk of Boris, but anyone else?

Keepin' it real
03-10-2012, 11:59 PM
It's in five days, it's time to speculate and dream about what Spurs should do.

Well, since we're dreaming, my dream would include trading a couple of our guards to the:

Hornets for Emeka Okafor, or
Knicks for Tyson Chandler, or
Blazers for Marcus Camby.

In other words, trade back-court depth for front-court defense and rebounding. Wow, these are really good dreams; think I'll go back to :sleep.

sehui
03-11-2012, 12:03 AM
How about trading Blair/Anderson for T'wolves anthony randolph?

silverblk mystix
03-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Spurs send Bonner to the bucks...as a token...just to let the bucks know they are serious...

If the spurs don't get Bogut or S Jax...it's ok they can keep Bonner just for considering the offer...

sounds fair to me...

Mal
03-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Ford is useless, so maybe Aaron Brooks ?

100%duncan
03-11-2012, 06:19 AM
pop joked on one interview in which it meant that there's no change going to happen. no chance brah

100%duncan
03-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Spurs send Bonner to the bucks...as a token...just to let the bucks know they are serious...

If the spurs don't get Bogut or S Jax...it's ok they can keep Bonner just for considering the offer...

sounds fair to me...

:lol

benefactor
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89uj3ef

I know, I know...but the Spurs are limited as far as options go. He's obviously unhappy in Sacto and perhaps the change of scenery will get him somewhere close to the player that averaged 14/9 last season. Spurs get a true PF and the Kings get some needed guard depth and another big on a cheap contract. Kings would probably need to throw in a second round pick too.

DesignatedT
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Hickson has been pretty bad but I'd do it. He's better than Blair and Anderson is likely going to walk after the season anyway.

benefactor
03-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah...he's been bad but I think it has more to do with fit and his unhappiness with Cleveland trading him. It's worth a shot as it has a chance to be fairly high reward. We all know this team isn't winning anything with Blair starting on the front line.

silverblk mystix
03-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah...he's been bad but I think it has more to do with fit and his unhappiness with Cleveland trading him. It's worth a shot as it has a chance to be fairly high reward. We all know this team isn't winning anything with Blair starting on the front line.

Won't matter...Pop will play him BEHIND Bonner....:bang

dunkman
03-11-2012, 11:49 AM
They will . . . they'll try to dump Anderson for anything they can get (probably some protected future 2nd), so that they can somewhat lessen the tax burden after signing Diaw.

As far as shoring up their glaring weakness, it's not happening. Why they're so ready and willing to throw away one of the final seasons they'll have with Duncan and Ginobili is beyond me, but they made it loud and clear this past off season that they were fine with that.

The best that can be hoped for is that they put Diaw through a rigorous mini training camp upon his arrival, he ends up being a hand in glove fit, they start him and Leonard (with more shooting at the four, they don't need as much at the three -- though Leonard's showing marked improvement in this area --, plus Leonard can help make up for Diaw's lack of rebounding and give them a wing defender in the starting lineup) and play Green ahead of Jefferson as the backup three. I actually think all of this has a decent or better shot at happening, other than Jefferson not being in the rotation.

When they signed RJ and Dice, the expectations were high but nothing happened as Jefferson had marginal impact in the '10 and '11 playoffs.

I think that Holt, Pop and RC realised that good chemistry and having Manu healthy is the best option, instead of throwing big bucks on talented players that may not produce.

For that same reason they will avoid dismantling the team, unless its for some franchise player. They may try to dump Anderson, he's gone anyway after the season.

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I probably would do Hickson only because less injury concern, he's shown flashes of production and he would bring consistent energy; having said that I don't think he is nearly as good as that production he had in CLE.

I had an interesting convo with Shamsports: We were arguing the merits of a Bonner/JA/1st rounder for Amir Johnson. He thinks TOR would baulk at that offer because he's worth more basketball wise. I thought the Spurs probably wouldn't do that even though I'd want them to. It saves TOR a lot of money (~13M), gets them an add 1st rounder and doesn't hurt them short term wins wise. He thinks Amir could fetch more than that.

Thoughts?

therealtruth
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
When they signed RJ and Dice, the expectations were high but nothing happened as Jefferson had marginal impact in the '10 and '11 playoffs.

I think that Holt, Pop and RC realised that good chemistry and having Manu healthy is the best option, instead of throwing big bucks on talented players that may not produce.

For that same reason they will avoid dismantling the team, unless its for some franchise player. They may try to dump Anderson, he's gone anyway after the season.

The problem is the front office didn't address the real needs. RJ wasn't needed. Dice would have been good as backup big man. What the FO needed was a bigman not a SF.

yavozerb
03-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I probably would do Hickson only because less injury concern, he's shown flashes of production and he would bring consistent energy; having said that I don't think he is nearly as good as that production he had in CLE.

I had an interesting convo with Shamsports: We were arguing the merits of a Bonner/JA/1st rounder for Amir Johnson. He thinks TOR would baulk at that offer because he's worth more basketball wise. I thought the Spurs probably wouldn't do that even though I'd want them to. It saves TOR a lot of money (~13M), gets them an add 1st rounder and doesn't hurt them short term wins wise. He thinks Amir could fetch more than that.

Thoughts?

I wouldnt even waste my team arguing about a Bonner trade since there is 0% chance pop would ever get rid of him...

jjktkk
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM

Thoughts?

I think Hickson would be a great pickup.

Mr Bones
03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Blair + Anderson for Donte Greene & 2nd round pick. Greene plays defense, is 6'11", and could be a backup SF and PF . I like Ilyasova too, but there's no way he'd be available for scraps.

Beanzamillion21
03-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Blair + Anderson for Donte Greene & 2nd round pick. Greene plays defense, is 6'11", and could be a backup SF and PF . I like Ilyasova too, but there's no way he'd be available for scraps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r58ONy-EK2g&feature=related

Not a chance the Spurs land this guy.

ace3g
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
For those that were considering Jamison:

Cavs Unlikely To Buyout Jamison

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/03/10/sports/nh5215878.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Mal
03-11-2012, 06:54 PM
For those that were considering Jamison:

Cavs Unlikely To Buyout Jamison

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/03/10/sports/nh5215878.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Good, he aint going to Miami

TD 21
03-11-2012, 06:55 PM
If the Spurs added their 1st to Blair and Anderson, they could probably get Ilyasova. He's more than likely going back to Europe after this season, so that would be a good haul for the Bucks, who lack young talent. Like most international players, he's probably intrigued with the idea of playing for the Spurs, so they'd probably have a better chance than most of re-signing him.

But I'd be weary about signing him to a long term contract. This is a guy who's admitted he'll go to whoever offers him the most money and who conveniently went from a decent to a near elite rebounder in a contract year. And no one's ever confused him with being an above average defender.

I doubt the Spurs would do this though, because they know there's a good chance he walks and because they're probably ending up with Diaw anyway. Diaw isn't in Ilyasova's league as a rebounder, nor is he as good a shooter, but he is a stretch four all the same, is a better passer and is a better defender when the spirit moves him.

Mal
03-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Ersan will ask for 40 mil/5 years or even more.

timvp
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM

Thoughts?

No offense bro but why the hell would the Raptors do that trade? JA has negative trade value. Bonner has negative trade value to a non-contending team and especially Toronto where Colangelo hated him. The first round pick you're throwing in doesn't even offset the negative trade values of JA and Bonner. And then you want Amir Johnson on top of that?

:smchode:

timvp
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Hickson's an interesting idea since Danny Ferry drafted him in Cleveland and it's possible he could be really high on him. (He supposedly wouldn't trade him for Amare at one point.) So if Ferry is extremely high on him (no idea if he's still high on him -- he could easily have lost confidence in his future since he has sucked lately) the Spurs might be willing to put together a quality package.

That said, Hickson has so many bad habits right now that I doubt he'd be ready to produce come playoff time. He'd be a move for next season most likely.

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
No offense bro but why the hell would the Raptors do that trade? JA has negative trade value. Bonner has negative trade value to a non-contending team and especially Toronto where Colangelo hated him. The first round pick you're throwing in doesn't even offset the negative trade values of JA and Bonner. And then you want Amir Johnson on top of that?

:smchode:

You save TOR ~13M, they get another first rounder and they get more flexibility to rebuild since they're a bottom feeder. Valanciunas is coming over, they recently drafted Ed Davis and would they really want a ~7M inconsistent player in that situation?

Maybe I'm undervaluing how great Amir Johnson is but saving TOR 13M plus giving them a first rounder seemed more than fair to me.

timvp
03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
You save TOR ~13M, they get another first rounder and they get more flexibility to rebuild since they're a bottom feeder. Valanciunas is coming over, they recently drafted Ed Davis and would they really want a ~7M inconsistent player in that situation?

Maybe I'm undervaluing how great Amir Johnson is but saving TOR 13M plus giving them a first rounder seemed more than fair to me.

Amir has three years and $17.6 million remaining on his contract. That's really good value for a 24-year-old bigman with good potential whose only glaring weakness is fouling too much. When it comes to adjusted plus/minus, Amir has been one of the elite role players in the NBA for the last half decade -- so any team that pays attention to that would value him even higher.

If the Raptors wanted to, they could salary dump Amir for nothing ... which would technically be better than also accepting Bonner and JA. They probably could salary dump him and get back a first rounder if they wanted to, tbh.

P.S.

The Spurs look smart now that they were the only team who tried to steal Amir Johnson from the Pistons back in the day. That said, he probably never would have developed on the Spurs because Pop would never play a bigman who fouls as often as Amir.

mountainballer
03-12-2012, 05:36 AM
I agree that we likely don't have the right assets for a trade with the Raptors, but I still think this is one of the more interesting teams for the Spurs to watch closely. maybe Spurs can sneek into a deal.

they obviously tried hard to sign Wilson Chandler and to do so they would have needed more cap space. we can assume that they tried to dump some salary (Barbosa?) and that the teams with TEs (Lakers) are still waiting what happen at deadline. that said, there could easily happen several moves and trades involving the Raptors.
Amir Johnson might be the best fit for the Spurs, but I could also see some interest in James Johneson, maybe even Jerryd Bayless or Linas Kleiza. all those guys might be available for the right price.
the rumor that the Spurs are exploring deals for a back up PG makes Bayless an option.
JA plus Corey Joseph (a Toronto naitiv!) + pick works, opens 600K additional cap space for the Raptors (they could improve the offer for Chandler).
in the other thread most ST poster call it nonsense to trade for a back up PG, but they all ignore the fact how much Spurs struggle to defend the opponents PGs. see the Clippers game. Bayless would be a huge upgrade for the PG defense.

Bruno
03-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Trading for a PF doesn't really make sense unless this player is, or at least has the upside to be, significantly better than Bonner and Blair. And with the trade deadline being only 40 days before the end of the season, a lateral move could turn into a negative move because the new player won't have a lot of time to learn Spurs plays.

There is little hope that Spurs got better and it sucks.

yavozerb
03-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Trading for a PF doesn't really make sense unless this player is, or at least has the upside to be, significantly better than Bonner and Blair. And with the trade deadline being only 40 days before the end of the season, a lateral move could turn into a negative move because the new player won't have a lot of time to learn Spurs plays.

There is little hope that Spurs got better and it sucks.

I think at this point in the season spurs fans need not worry about upgrading but should simply worry about getting more depth at the 4/5 postion. As already stated in numerous threads this will happen when players contracts start getting bought out, not a trade in my opinion...

Bruno
03-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I think at this point in the season spurs fans need not worry about upgrading but should simply worry about getting more depth at the 4/5 postion.

Getting depth at the C spot is more important than at the PF spot. Dan Gadzuric, who has started to play in D-League, could be a decent 3rd string C.

GSH
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Getting depth at the C spot is more important than at the PF spot. Dan Gadzuric, who has started to play in D-League, could be a decent 3rd string C.

The Spurs may, in fact, be down to Dan Gadzuric as their last hope for a big man acquisition. :(

------

There has been a lot written about the Spurs signing guys with "character". One of the players (not a big man) rumored to be on the Spurs' list for years is a notorious problem child. A lot of Spurs fans have wanted him for his scoring ability, and a lot have screamed aout his problems. This week, one of his former teammates was quoted as being unhappy about the player being signed by his new team. You know you're a problem child when Carmello Anthony objects to you because of bad character:

Contrary to popular belief, Anthony was leery of the Knicks bringing in his former Denver teammate three weeks ago and gave a thumbs down to upper management, according to a person close to the Knicks superstar.

Publicly, Anthony said all the right things about Smith, who was fined $25,000 by the NBA Saturday for tweeting a photo of a partially naked woman in his Milwaukee hotel room. A couple of weeks before the signing, Anthony was asked if the Knicks should sign his former teammate who has a thuggish reputation. Anthony and Smith share the same agent, Leon Rose. “If it happens, it happens and I’ll be happy,” Anthony said publicly before the signing.

But, according to the source, Anthony was not gung-ho and was “hurt’’ Knicks upper management tossed his advice out the window

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/source_carmelo_didn_want_055cqzewfhKDz5MuRhI6jN#ix zz1ouXzATqz

Beanzamillion21
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't know, this Dan Gadzuric looks pretty sloppy to me. Could be a waste of money and time tbh.

Texas_Ranger
03-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry, but Dan Gadzuric?? Are you funcking kidding me. Why not try with Austin Croshere again or Kevin Willis. And I really think K-Will would be better than those two.

TJastal
03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm sorry, but Dan Gadzuric?? Are you funcking kidding me. Why not try with Austin Croshere again or Kevin Willis. And I really think K-Will would be better than those two.

Gadzuric isn't terrible, he's better than Turiaf for certain.

yavozerb
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM

I don't know, this Dan Gadzuric looks pretty sloppy to me. Could be a waste of money and time tbh.

Gadzuric isn't terrible, he's better than Turiaf for certain.

Again, do not look at the market for bigs until all possible contract buyouts are finished..Gadzuric is not going the be the only option in my opinion for the spurs.

Magua
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Lakers are talking about getting players like Howard, Rondo, Lowry, etc--while the Spurs are hoping to get Dan Gadzuric:lmao

Beanzamillion21
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Lakers are talking about getting players like Howard, Rondo, Lowry, etc--while the Spurs are hoping to get Dan Gadzuric:lmao

Stalin
03-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Co sign

mountainballer
03-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Lakers also talk about sending out Pau Gasol in the mentioned moves. are the Spurs willing to sacrifice a player with compareable impact?
nope.
well, I guess you get the point.

Magua
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Lakers also talk about sending out Pau Gasol in the mentioned moves. are the Spurs willing to sacrifice a player with compareable impact?
nope.
well, I guess you get the point.

:lolThat's because you only have one player with "comparable" impact. Duncan is older than dirt and Manu has osteoporosis.

Magua
03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
tbh though a Duncan Gadzuric frontline would beast on the league

Spursfanfromafar
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Is it a worthwhile idea for the Spurs to do a salary dump for either Anderson (Clippers need a shooting guard)/TJ Ford or both and then try signing a backup point guard through the trade exception of $854xxx odd that the Spurs have because of the George Hill trade?

Maybe sign someone as Tracy McGrady from the Hawks? TMac seems to have tired of the Hawks and he could want to chase some glory with the Spurs and can play some minutes at the point as well.

I am assuming that someone like Diaw will be available after waivers in any case.

ace3g
03-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Stay away NJ

Rick Bonnell ‏ @rick_bonnell

I hear from multiple sources Nets expressed interest in Boris Diaw's expiring contract. The hitch is what #Bobcats would have to take back.

Duncan2177
03-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Stay away NJ

Rick Bonnell ‏ @rick_bonnell

I hear from multiple sources Nets expressed interest in Boris Diaw's expiring contract. The hitch is what #Bobcats would have to take back.

He would be a damn fool to sign with them.

DesignatedT
03-12-2012, 03:18 PM
He would be a damn fool to sign with them.

The Nets are interested in trading for him. Not signing him if he's bought out.

ace3g
03-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah exactly, if he is traded he won't really have a choice where he goes; which is why I'm hoping 2 p.m. passes on March 15th and he isn't traded so at least there is a hope he might choose the Spurs (If he is bought out).

Again I just don't see many reasonable / realistic trade options out there at the PF/C spot that Pop might give minutes to in the playoffs (Diaw has experience). Even if we got a player like JJ Hickson or another young player who would be more suited to develop for the future; I doubt Pop would play them ahead of Bonner or Blair, Diaw at least has a chance at that.

DesignatedT
03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I bet the Spurs hold off on anything until they figure out what exactly is happening with Boris. They have to feel pretty confident they can land him with Tony here and our lack of bigmen situation. While he is not a perfect player he is actually the type of big Pop would like to get.

Bruno
03-12-2012, 03:41 PM
I guess Nets would be more interesting in Diaw expiring contract than in the player/ They are pretty much out of the playoff race but they need cap space this summer to get Dwight Howard.

TD 21
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Amir has three years and $17.6 million remaining on his contract. That's really good value for a 24-year-old bigman with good potential whose only glaring weakness is fouling too much. When it comes to adjusted plus/minus, Amir has been one of the elite role players in the NBA for the last half decade -- so any team that pays attention to that would value him even higher.

If the Raptors wanted to, they could salary dump Amir for nothing ... which would technically be better than also accepting Bonner and JA. They probably could salary dump him and get back a first rounder if they wanted to, tbh.

P.S.

The Spurs look smart now that they were the only team who tried to steal Amir Johnson from the Pistons back in the day. That said, he probably never would have developed on the Spurs because Pop would never play a bigman who fouls as often as Amir.

Yeah, but with Valaciunas coming over next season and Bargnani and Davis in tow, it doesn't make sense to pay just under $6 million going forward for a guy who'd probably eventually be the fourth big.

It's more likely the Spurs could acquire him in the summer though, after they amnesty Jefferson. Then they'd have enough cap space to offer Blair (along with something minor, such as the rights to De Colo) for Johnson, which would give them a positional replacement and open up significantly more cap space.

That's never stopped Pop from playing Blair, who's a foul machine in his own right. He's not at Johnson's level, but he's not that far off. Splitter fouls quite a bit too.

As far as Carter, trust me when I say, he's done. Like Vaughn '08-'09 done. Probably even more so.

Bruno
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/179629709548720130

Y! Sources: Whatever the Magic do at trade deadline, Dwight Howard's still determined to sign with the Nets in July. http://tinyurl.com/6ot24tk

dylankerouac
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope he still plays in tomorrows game : /

timvp
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
The Golden State Warriors have agreed in principle to trade guard Monta Ellis and two players to the Milwaukee Bucks for center Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Warriors will send forward Ekpe Udoh and injured center Kwame Brown to the Bucks as part of a package for Bogut, one of the NBA’s most talented – but also often-injured – centers. The deal will be officially completed later on Tuesday night, one executive involved in the trade said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_monta_ellis_andrew_bogut_trade_031312

WoW

timtonymanu
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Jackson back to the team he wanted to be traded from a while back. :lol

timvp
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Ellis, Udoh and Brown for Bogut and Jackson. That's a pretty good trade for both sides. The Bucks need scoring and Ellis can score. Udoh is one of the better young defensive centers in the league. Shedding Jackson's salary is also a plus.

Bogut, if he can get healthy, would be a huge gain for the Warriors ... but that's a question mark obviously.

Texas_Ranger
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Now that Bucks are stacked at guard position we could try and get Beno.

Russ
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Kwame Brown is always part of the compensation for a legitimate big.

loveforthegame
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219698/Warriors_Looking_To_Flip_Stephen_Jackson

Looks like the Warriors are trying to flip Jackson.

Sense
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM

ace3g
03-13-2012, 11:43 PM
don't shoot the messenger:

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA

The Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz have discussed a Raja Bell trade, according to sources.

TJastal
03-14-2012, 01:54 AM

So it's come to that, huh?

TJastal
03-14-2012, 01:57 AM
The Golden State Warriors have agreed in principle to trade guard Monta Ellis and two players to the Milwaukee Bucks for center Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Warriors will send forward Ekpe Udoh and injured center Kwame Brown to the Bucks as part of a package for Bogut, one of the NBA’s most talented – but also often-injured – centers. The deal will be officially completed later on Tuesday night, one executive involved in the trade said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_monta_ellis_andrew_bogut_trade_031312

WoW

Bucks just became the highest scoring team in the league.

FromWayDowntown
03-14-2012, 07:29 AM
"The Spurs recognize the need for an extra big man and, in the wake of TJ Ford's retirement, a backup point guard . . . . "

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/03/13/all’s-quiet-on-spurs-trade-front/

Sense
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Is it just me or is everything too quiet?

DBMethos
03-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Hopefully the FO will recognize (unlike last year) that our record is fool's gold and actually do something to address the shortcomings of this roster. That is, unless they're happy with a 2nd round exit.

ace3g
03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Stefan Bondy ‏ @NYDNInterNets

Discussions for the Jazz to send Raja Bell to the Clippers for the $3.8 million trade exemption Clips got in Eric Gordon deal. ...

And CJ Miles would go to the Nets for Petro and first rounder

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-14-2012, 11:00 AM
And CJ Miles would go to the Nets for Petro and first rounder

Great deal for NJ, depending on the 1st round pick's protection.

ace3g
03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm up for any trade that NJ does that doesn't involve Diaw

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA

Orlando Magic and Minnesota Timberwolves discussed a Jason Richardson for Michael Beasley swap. Nothing imminent. Wolves weighing options.

--

I also heard Diaw for Beasley is an option as well (hopefully they don't go with that one...)

Bruno
03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
If CJ Miles goes to NJ, it means that the Spurs/Jazz/Wolves trade is dead because CJ Miles was a part of it. However, Jazz would be even more interested in Green because they will need 3pt shooting with Miles gone.

wildbill2u
03-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Listening to Houston radio sports gurus, it sounds like the Rockets are ready to blow up the roster and start over. Guys like Dalembert Chanler Parsons, Patrick Patterson or even Scola might be available if the Spurs are looking for front line help.

Beanzamillion21
03-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Listening to Houston radio sports gurus, it sounds like the Rockets are ready to blow up the roster and start over. Guys like Dalembert Chanler Parsons, Patrick Patterson or even Scola might be available if the Spurs are looking for front line help.

JA and Danny Green For Dalembert and Scola

Spursnlego
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
JA and Danny Green For Dalembert and Scola
:greedy

Texas_Ranger
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Green for Dragic.

ducks
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM
sj for manu
sj is atleast healthy

mudyez
03-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Chanler Parsons? why they should get rid of him (if not to sweeten a deal, whith someone taking on a bad contract)?

dont see us trading for any Rocket (even Daly or Scola would be great)...

...or any player per se.

therealtruth
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Chanler Parsons? why they should get rid of him (if not to sweeten a deal, whith someone taking on a bad contract)?

dont see us trading for any Rocket (even Daly or Scola would be great)...

...or any player per se.

Rockets have to like Parsons right now. He's been balling lately.

slick'81
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Is Chris Kaman going to be on the move? According to ESPN.com (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7685875/nba-trade-chatter-48-hours-deadline), he's still drawing interest: "New Orleans is still willing to trade Kaman and will settle for a second-round draft pick at this point. The Hornets are not looking for players in return. Indiana has interest in Kaman."

Robz4000
03-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Is Chris Kaman going to be on the move? According to ESPN.com (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7685875/nba-trade-chatter-48-hours-deadline), he's still drawing interest: "New Orleans is still willing to trade Kaman and will settle for a second-round draft pick at this point. The Hornets are not looking for players in return. Indiana has interest in Kaman."
If this is true the Spurs would have to be retarded not to take it.

Anonymous Cowherd
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
We'd have to have cap room to take it, no?

Robz4000
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
We'd have to have cap room to take it, no?
Salary dump TJ on someone, trade JA for a pick (or send him to NOH), use the TE from the GH3 trade, and that'll open up around $3.5mil.

cdcast
03-14-2012, 06:45 PM

On Boston's CSNNE website, it said if Kaman isn't traded, there's a chance Kaman could be bought out.

cdcast
03-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Salary dump TJ on someone, trade JA for a pick (or send him to NOH), use the TE from the GH3 trade, and that'll open up around $3.5mil.

can't package TE in a multi-player trade.

Leetonidas
03-14-2012, 06:56 PM

Really? A fucking second round pick for Kaman? C'mon son

TD 21
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Surprised to not see this posted yet . . .

San Antonio has expressed interest in Flynn (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7685875/nba-trade-chatter-48-hours-deadline). ESPN.com (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7685875/nba-trade-chatter-48-hours-deadline)

Anderson, Joseph and Ford, works financially. The Rockets are a team in flux. Wouldn't be surprising at all to see Martin, Lee, Williams, or a combination thereof, traded, so Anderson could provide some wing depth if that comes to fruition. While Joseph would provide a Flynn replacement, as he's unrestricted after the season and obviously won't be re-signing with them.

Hard to believe they couldn't do a little better than this for a guy who less than three seasons ago was the sixth pick and who, as underwhelming as he's been, hasn't had that much of an opportunity yet. And the opportunity he did get was on a dysfunctional team, with a coach attempting to run some variation of the triangle, which he's not suited for.

I'd do this in a second if I were the Spurs. They're going to need to find someone who can eat up lots of minutes at the point next season. Parker will be 30, coming off a season where he's carried a heavy load, potentially coming off a deep playoff run and off of playing in the Olympics.

Texas_Ranger
03-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Watched some Rockets games and Flynn sucks balls.

slick'81
03-14-2012, 07:19 PM
johnny flynn not bad i guess if spurs could land him as tps backup

Bruno
03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
The whole Dwight Howard sage is crazy. He is literally changing his mind every couple of hours. The latest is that he will stay with Orlando and sign the opt-in papers. If it's confirmed, a lot of dominoes should fail today with teams knowing Howard won't be a free agent thsi summer.

benefactor
03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Yup...if he goes through with it(don't hold your breath) everything should get rolling pretty quickly. Hopefully he bucks his current trend and does it so we can get this all over with.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to anyway. Any team he goes to can give him more money if they have his Bird rights rather than acquiring him via opting out of his final year.

Russo21
03-15-2012, 06:51 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7n9s627

mudyez
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7n9s627

and why again should CLE do that?

btw.: I'd like us to get Flynn, but not sure, if I'm ready to give up on Joseph yet!

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
and why again should CLE do that?

btw.: I'd like us to get Flynn, but not sure, if I'm ready to give up on Joseph yet!

Signing another pg in no way means the spurs would be giving up on joseph..Joseph is only 20-21 years old and simply needs some time to refine his skills. I am pretty sure the spurs FO did not intend to give much (if any) PT to Joseph this season with the signing of Ford.

ace3g
03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo

Indiana Pacers acquiring guard Leandro Barbosa in a trade with Toronto Raptors, source tells Y!

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Strange move, they have George and Hill at the 2.

Is this the best they could have done with their cap space?

ace3g
03-15-2012, 10:15 AM
David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt

Source confirms @SpearsNBAYahoo report that Pacers will acquire Leandro Barbosa from Toronto. Source says Raptors will get a second-rounder.

Pacers wanted to get a scorer for the stretch run. Had $14 million in cap space available.

Mark in Austin
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
The whole Dwight Howard sage is crazy. He is literally changing his mind every couple of hours. The latest is that he will stay with Orlando and sign the opt-in papers. If it's confirmed, a lot of dominoes should fail today with teams knowing Howard won't be a free agent thsi summer.

After ALL this now he fucking stays? If I'm the Magic, I'm insisting that he sign the full extension this summer or I'm trading his ass. No player is worth going through the drama Orlando has dealt with the last year and a half. It he waives the ETO, it just sets the team up for another year of bullshit.

The hell with that.

DPG21920
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm wondering how if LA is legitimately trading either fisher/Barnes or just Blake for Beasley why the Spurs don't make an offer?

TimmehC
03-15-2012, 10:23 AM
That Indiana trade is strange unless they're unloading George or Granger in a separate deal.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm wondering how if LA is legitimately trading either fisher/Barnes or just Blake for Beasley why the Spurs don't make an offer?

Who says they havn't made an offer?

TimmehC
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM

Because Beasley as a Spur would make RJ look good.

Chomag
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM

Spurs FO dont make offers, at best they just wait around the phone to listen.

Come one, you know this man.

Side Note- would love to see them makw an offer for Dragic for a backup PG.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
That Indiana trade is strange unless they're unloading George or Granger in a separate deal.

Are you talking about the Barbosa trade? If so, as the article states, its all about cap room availablilty with the pacers..Nothing more

GSH
03-15-2012, 10:28 AM

Maybe everybody here knows it, maybe they don't - but Howard has a new agent. He didn't make Dwight's current deal, and he doesn't get paid unless Dwight makes a new deal. Reports are that every time Dwight decides to stay in Orlando, he goes and talks with Dan Fegan, and comes back saying that he will opt out. You don't have to be a CSI to figure out what's going on there.

I wonder if Fegan has really explained to Dwight that he loses $30 Million if he goes somewhere else? I'm pretty sure that I could be an agent, if it's okay to lose a guy $30 Million, to make sure I get paid. Seriously, I can do that.

maverick1948
03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Trade Danny Green and the 2016 Charlotte 2nd pick to Charlotte for their 2nd round pick. Sign Eric Dawson for the rest of the season for rookie minimun.

endrity
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Maybe everybody here knows it, maybe they don't - but Howard has a new agent. He didn't make Dwight's current deal, and he doesn't get paid unless Dwight makes a new deal. Reports are that every time Dwight decides to stay in Orlando, he goes and talks with Dan Fegan, and comes back saying that he will opt out. You don't have to be a CSI to figure out what's going on there.

I wonder if Fegan has really explained to Dwight that he loses $30 Million if he goes somewhere else? I'm pretty sure that I could be an agent, if it's okay to lose a guy $30 Million, to make sure I get paid. Seriously, I can do that.

It's not 30 million, he will get that extra year no matter what

DPG21920
03-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Who says they havn't made an offer?

Well, we've seen validated reports about most of their attempts (RJ amnesty, trade for J-Ho) and have heard nothing of this.

ace3g
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
mentioned in other thread but: Sam Young traded to 76ers

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/15/grizzlies-trade-young-to-sixers/

TimmehC
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Are you talking about the Barbosa trade? If so, as the article states, its all about cap room availablilty with the pacers..Nothing more
Sure, Toronto wanted him off the books. But I mean from Indiana's side. With Collison, Hill, and George, seems like there's not exactly a lot of minutes available at guard. Unless George moves to the 3 full-time.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Well, we've seen validated reports about most of their attempts (RJ amnesty, trade for J-Ho) and have heard nothing of this.

Please do not believe everything you read esp. when it is about the Spurs FO decesions or planned decesions. Some of it may be a true, but in my opnion 75% or greater is BS..

Bruno
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
mentioned in other thread but: Sam Young traded to 76ers

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/15/grizzlies-trade-young-to-sixers/

Memphis needed to do a salary dump move to go under the luxury tax threshold.

Young was the legit choice with Memphis having Pondexter.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Sure, Toronto wanted him off the books. But I mean from Indiana's side. With Collison, Hill, and George, seems like there's not exactly a lot of minutes available at guard. Unless George moves to the 3 full-time.

With as much as 15+ mil of cap room this is simply a move to add depth for the remainder of the season for the Pacers. Hill has been pretty banged up as of late and again it simply gives there coach extra options during a game. Barbosa is simply a rental player for 1 season and 1 season only..

ace3g
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Several teams inquiring on Charlotte point guard D.J. Augustine, league sources say. Bobcats are listening.

Mal
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM

Several teams inquiring on Charlotte point guard D.J. Augustine, league sources say. Bobcats are listening.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16338073.jpg

MannyIsGod
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM

The agent would stand to make the most if he signed with Orlando.

MannyIsGod
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I wish the Spurs would trade for a damn backup PG.

ace3g
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM

Portland and New Jersey are engaged in advanced talks on a deal that would send Gerald Wallace to the Nets, a league source tells Y!

--

Chris Broussard ‏ @Chris_Broussard

Dwight Howard just texted me that he has signed the waiver of his Early Termination Option

edgar
03-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Chris Brousard
Received text from Dwight Howard, he will waive his ETO. He will stay with Orlando for next year.

Spursfanfromafar
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Gerald Wallace to the effing Nets. Crash should and deserves to play for a contender.

benefactor
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
After ALL this now he fucking stays? If I'm the Magic, I'm insisting that he sign the full extension this summer or I'm trading his ass. No player is worth going through the drama Orlando has dealt with the last year and a half. It he waives the ETO, it just sets the team up for another year of bullshit.

The hell with that.
I don't understand why he didn't opt in in the first place. Opting in then telling the Magic he doesn't plan to re-sign is basically a guarantee of a bigger contract than he would get if he was traded now. The only difference is he finishes the year in Orlando and gets traded during the summer.

ace3g
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM

Nets are close to sending Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a protected 1st round pick to Portland for Gerald Wallace, league sources tell Y!

bklynspursfan
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Nets are close to sending Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a protected 1st round pick to Portland for Gerald Wallace, league sources tell Y!

bklynspursfan

Beat me to it

timvp
Some interesting trades so far today. Should be a fun next few hours :hungry:

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Timvp, what do you think of the Barbosa to Indiana trade? Reckon this was the best they could get with their cap space? Not much time and a role for Barbosa with Hill, Collison and George there.

timvp
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Timvp, what do you think of the Barbosa to Indiana trade? Reckon this was the best they could get with their cap space? Not much time and a role for Barbosa with Hill, Collison and George there.

George Hill has been horrendous at point guard for the Pacers. They've basically given up on that experiment and are using AJ Price at backup point guard. I'm guessing by bringing in Barbosa, they are going to try a Barbosa/Hill backcourt to see if that works.

Bruno
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM

I can't believe Wallace trade value is so low. :wow

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Maybe Wallace is done with Portland ? Their latest results may be saying that there are some issues between players, coachees or something.

Leetonidas
03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
2 more hours

Bruno
03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
George Hill has been horrendous at point guard for the Pacers.

George Hill as a PG this year: 4 assists per 48 min.

http://www.82games.com/1112/11IND3.HTM#bypos

Leetonidas
What pisses me off is I get all antsy like this every season and rarely do the Spurs do shit...and then when they actually are they get the papers into the league office too late.

timvp

The Blazers trade two first rounders for Wallace. A year later, they trade him away for one first rounder. Ouch.

That said, the Blazers were screwed either way because Wallace sucks so much on the road. They weren't going to win with a player who is only good at home.

For the Spurs, if they were interested in Babbitt, he probably became unattainable now. And in the offseason, the chances of stealing Batum went from slim to none unless the Spurs throw max money at him ... which would be dumb.

ace3g
Only 2 hours left, Bruno, based on the moves so far (especially the Nets) do you think it has helped the scenario where Diaw is bought out?

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Yeap, that means Blazers have plans for Batum, rather than Wallace. Which means no Batum for Spurs.

kjhip1
03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
What soap opera DHoward has turned into...he now decides to stay in Orlando..Poor guy making over 19,000,000 next year..now ESPN will proceed to talk about why he decided to stay and at what point he came to this revelation. oh and by the way the Spurs beat the Magic....

timvp
George Hill as a PG this year: 4 assists per 48 min.

http://www.82games.com/1112/11IND3.HTM#bypos

Even worse, look at the team's scoring while Hill is at point guard. 80 points per 48 minutes? I knew he wasn't a real point guard but that's absurdly low.

A couple weeks ago I tried to figure out why they aren't using him at point guard anymore ... but then I saw that number and completely understood.

Bruno
The Blazers trade two first rounders for Wallace. A year later, they trade him away for one first rounder. Ouch.

It's even less that that because they will take Shawne Williams who has a negative value.

Leetonidas
03-15-2012, 12:06 PM
What an awesome trade that turned out to be eh? Kawhi is already a more useful player than Hill ever was

Bruno
Even worse, look at the team's scoring while Hill is at point guard. 80 points per 48 minutes? I knew he wasn't a real point guard but that's absurdly low.

That's brutal.

But yeah, Spurs should have traded Parker and have Hill as their starting PG...

kjhip1

A couple weeks ago I tried to figure out why they aren't using him at point guard anymore ... but then I saw that number and completely understood.

was it that bad when he was here or has he just given up on trying to be a point guard? I mean I kow he sucked at backup here but was it anywhere near 4 assist per 48min?

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Jermaine O`neal a new ring bitch ?

Bruno
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Only 2 hours left, Bruno, based on the moves so far (especially the Nets) do you think it has helped the scenario where Diaw is bought out?

With Howard staying in Orlando, Nest should be way less interested in clearing cap space for this summer. And if they do the Wallace trade, the Diaw trade makes quite no sense for them.

It's looking good on the Diaw front but there could have other teams than Nets interested in him and his expiring contract.

timvp
03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
But yeah, Spurs should have traded Parker and have Hill as their starting PG...

I'm hoping the Spurs pulled a misdirection play on the Pacers.

"We love Hill so much we are going to trade Parker for a lottery pick!"

"Ah man, nobody would give us a lottery pick. :("

"Hey, Larry Bird, we almost traded Parker because we love Hill so much but we can't have both. Tell you what, we'll do Hill a favor and trade him back home if you give us your non-lottery pick, some Euro scrub and a second rounder. We love Hill but we want to be fair to him."

"Deal? Okay. Thanks, Larry Legend.

:smokin"

DBMethos
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
What an awesome trade that turned out to be eh? Kawhi is already a more useful player than Hill ever was

True that. I think that the idea of George Hill (i.e. combo guard that can run offense, take over at times and play reliable D at multiple positions) was better than the reality. With Kawhi, I'm not even certain we know his full potential yet.

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM

"We love Hill so much we are going to trade Parker for a lottery pick!"

"Ah man, nobody would give us a lottery pick. :("

"Hey, Larry Bird, we almost traded Parker because we love Hill so much but we can't have both. Tell you what, we'll do Hill a favor and trade him back home if you give us your non-lottery pick, some Euro scrub and a second rounder. We love Hill but we want to be fair to him."

"Deal? Okay. Thanks, Larry Legend.

:smokin"

It`s quite possible :lol

ace3g
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
With Howard staying in Orlando, Nest should be way less interested in clearing cap space for this summer. And if they do the Wallace trade, the Diaw trade makes quite no sense for them.

It's looking good on the Diaw front but there could have other teams than Nets interested in him and his expiring contract.

Oh I know, just trying to eliminate as many factors as possible. Granted even if he does get bought it, still isn't a lock that he will choose the Spurs either.

Bruno

I think that's what they did.

Here is what Parker said just after the draft and the Hill trade:

So, Tony, you will play for San Antonio next year?
Of course, I will. I know that some rumors have been floating about that, but, before that, I've had Pop on the phone who warned me that rumors will be floating and that I should ignore them.

:smokin

Spurs da champs
Nets got Wallace.

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Waiting for some book written by Popovich or Buford, when they tell all the magic with trades, with picking players. All CIA Spurs agenda

Leetonidas
03-15-2012, 12:18 PM
True that. I think that the idea of George Hill (i.e. combo guard that can run offense, take over at times and play reliable D at multiple positions) was better than the reality. With Kawhi, I'm not even certain we know his full potential yet.

Hill's defense was vastly overrated

Spursfanfromafar
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Blazers get a Nets First round top 3 protected lottery pick. Thats a sweet buy for Gerald Wallace who didn't sign an extension with the Blazers and who want to rebuild with Batum.

bklynspursfan
03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Any idea if Camby is available?

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Is it the Nets 2012 top 3 protected first? If so, it's not that bad for Por.

Bruno
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, it's the Nets pick with a small protection instead of being the Houston pick Nets owned that was lottery protected. It's not a bad deal for Portland after all.

therealtruth
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM

I am not a big fan of combo guards. I can't think of the last champion that had a combo guard as a big part of the rotation.

Spurs da champs
03-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I am not a big fan of combo guards. I can't think of the last champion that had a combo guard as a big part of the rotation.

Jason Terry.

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:25 PM
I think Gerald Wallace is bad fit with Matthews, Batum, Aldridge. He made Aldridge play too much C, and Batum too much SG.

But 3-10 draft pick also isnt that sweet this year for them. They dont get Davis. Perry Jones, Sullinger, Henson arent Centers. Drummond is too much of a prospect. Could also stay in UConn for next year. Any decent PG in lottery. They probably pick their 6th men in Barnes.

phxspurfan
03-15-2012, 12:25 PM
the last champion that had a combo guard as a big part of the rotation.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/acidkidd/jason-terry-rankings.jpg

MaNu4Tres
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Smart for Portland.

They don't have a real shot now and Wallace's play and his all important athleticism is steadily declining. Moving him opens up 10 mil of cap space next off-season and they get Nets' 1st rounder on top of it to build on.

That cap-space and the Net's 1st rounder are quality assets that will improve the Blazers in the near future.

FlAVaK
03-15-2012, 12:29 PM

JJ Barea started at SG in the last finals...

GSH
It's not 30 million, he will get that extra year no matter what

I'm sure Greg Oden thought that, too. But even assuming everything works out for Dwight on his next contract, signing somewhere other than Orlando would "only" have cost him about $5 Million. More than pocket change, even for Dwight.

The agent would stand to make the most if he signed with Orlando.

It's in plenty of articles, but this is from Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated:

That influence was a point of frustration for the Magic, as Howard would routinely express a willingness to stay only to reverse course after consulting with his agency. It's worth noting that Howard's current agent is not on the books for his current contract and would not be paid on his client unless there is a new deal. Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/03/14/dwight.howard.magic/index.html#ixzz1pCvhCKTC

As usual, Manny thinks he's God... but he's not.

Mal
Who could Blazzers draft, who fits them, who can help them now, and who is avaible with 3-7 pick

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Smart for Portland.

They don't have a real shot now and Wallace's play and his all important athleticism is steadily declining. Moving him opens up 10 mil of cap space next off-season and they get Nets' 1st rounder on top of it to build on.

That cap-space and the Net's 1st rounder are quality assets that will improve the Blazers in the near future.

Agree. Don't see what's in this for the Nets, though. They're not winning much more with Crash and they lose a valuable trade asset in their 1st round pick for an eventual trade in the summer for Howard.

Spurs da champs
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
^The nets are trying to surround D-Will now, since it looks like they lost Dwight.

Mal
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Surround with Gerald Wallace, who will want 5 years deal at age 30 ?

DPG21920
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
It's amazing how low some decent players values are at the moment. If the Spurs wanted to, it appears they could add a decent player with what they have to offer.

sehui
03-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Deron Williams is going to walk to the mavs.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 12:36 PM
^The nets are trying to surround D-Will now, since it looks like they lost Dwight.

They will try and surround him with short term contracts only..The nets probably still believe they have a chance at Howard following next season or maybe could even trade for Howard next season. This is far from over with, just delayed...

Spurs da champs
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
^ Well regardless the Nets are getting desperate.

yavozerb
It's amazing how low some decent players values are at the moment. If the Spurs wanted to, it appears they could add a decent player with what they have to offer.

What do they have to offer?

Mugen
Well there goes Batum to the Spurs this summer.

I dont understand how trading a lottery pick in this draft for Gerald Wallace is supposed to entice D-Will to stay.

ace3g
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM

Close

Cleveland will get the Lakers 2012 first-round pick in the Ramon Sessions trade, league source tells Y! Brian Windhorst 1st reported deal.

loveforthegame
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Lakers get Ramon Sessions for a future draft pick.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219802/Lakers_Agree_To_Trade_For_Ramon_Sessions

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Well there goes Batum to the Spurs this summer.

I dont understand how trading a lottery pick in this draft for Gerald Wallace is supposed to entice D-Will to stay.

The nets are better with Wallace, are they not? D-will can walk, but he will be leaving alot of $ on the table if he does...

DPG21920
03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
What do they have to offer?

Plenty of young cheap and/or expiring contracts plus a first round draft pick.

yavozerb

Close

Cleveland will get the Lakers 2012 first-round pick in the Ramon Sessions trade, league source tells Y! Brian Windhorst 1st reported deal.

Good trade for the lakers..Did they ever trade Blake?

Spurs da champs
The nets are better with Wallace, are they not? D-will can walk, but he will be leaving alot of $ on the table if he does...

On Paper they are but we all know what happened with RJ.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Plenty of young cheap and/or expiring contracts plus a first round draft pick.

Yes, but you are only going to get cheap contracts in return..Not sure of many teams who have good players with cheap contracts who want to get rid of them

GSH
03-15-2012, 12:42 PM

I don't think it has sunk in on a lot of fans yet that this is the reality of the new CBA. That graduated lux tax is too much even for teams like Dallas and LA to pay. Something's gotta give. Max players are still going to be max players. (Although I think that eventually there will be fewer of them.) So the days of marginal players with stupid-big contracts is probably over.

Just my opinion, but I don't think this is just one-time salary dumping. It's also a correction of those mid-range salaries. In the future, we'll see some max-contract guys getting dumped, too, when they aren't living up to their top-tier promise. I would guess that teams with cap space will pick up some big name players for peanuts most seasons.

kjhip1
Good trade for the lakers..Did they ever trade Blake?

Nope. Blake still with team...

yavozerb
On Paper they are but we all know what happened with RJ.

Dude, could you even name the SF for the Nets before this trade? I couldn't, they are much better with Wallace..

phxspurfan
03-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Come on Spurs FO, at least float a rumor that you're going to do something...

....or that you're trying to do something

kjhip1
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
So luke walton was apart of that sessions deal from what I'm reading...

Spurs da champs
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Dude, could you even name the SF for the Nets before this trade? I couldn't, they are much better with Wallace..

:lol No. But if Wallace is the best you have to offer for D-Will to stay, then your really playing with fire.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I find the complete silence surrounding the Spurs promising.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
:lol No. But if Wallace is the best you have to offer for D-Will to stay, then your really playing with fire.

I thinks its a great trade for the Nets. Not only do they get a good SF, they good good player with a contract for only 2 years, thus leaving open the possiblity of major cap room following next season for D-howard still. A starting lineup of D-will, Brooks,Wallace,Humphrey,and lopez is not too bad..

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Fucking hell Sessions for Walton? Walton's not even an expiring. WTF Cavs?

DPG21920
03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes, but you are only going to get cheap contracts in return..Not sure of many teams who have good players with cheap contracts who want to get rid of them

Spurs, with various combinations of players can take back about ~5-6M for one player. I don't think it's an issue of a player (Beasley just as an example), but an issue of Spurs not wanting to eat cap space and making a decision to save as much money as possible. It's not about pushing for a title because they know they arent good enough unless they trade or add a decent buyout candidate (even then it's prob not enough).

No trade signals to me they value cap space at this point.

TMT®
03-15-2012, 12:52 PM

I heard it was originally for the Lakers' 2012 1st rounder and their TPE.

ace3g
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Ric Bucher ‏ @RicBucher

Source: RJefferson for SJackson being discussed.

--

would you take back SJAX?

Sausage
Ric Bucher ‏ @RicBucher

Leetonidas
Ric Bucher ‏ @RicBucher

--

For RJ? YES

Sausage
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Ric Bucher ‏ @RicBucher

Can't be any worse than RJ

timtonymanu
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Are you fucking serious?

FlAVaK
03-15-2012, 12:55 PM
No source confirming Walton involved. Its the for the LO TE i guess...

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Ric Bucher ‏ @RicBucher

--

Ric Bucher ‏ @RicBucher

:flag:

DPG21920

Lakers just traded Walton for Sessions. You're telling me the Spurs didn't have comparable assets?

loveforthegame
As a Spurs fan hell yes I'd want Jackson over RJ.

But as a GS fan too I don't want that trash on my team either. :lol

loveforthegame
DP. Sorry

Spurs da champs
Damn one can only hope.

FlAVaK
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/03/13/deadline.trades/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a5

• LAKERS GET: PG Ramon Sessions

• CAVALIERS GET: Lakers' 2012 first-round pick

bklynspursfan
03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm not good with all the financial stuff, but if this RJ trade happened, would it give us more flexibility to sign a free agent 4 or 5?

Mal
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
RJ for Jax make sense, since there is no chance to land Batum or Hibbert

Sausage
03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7691112/source-golden-state-warriors-san-antonio-spurs-talking-stephen-jackson-trade

DPG21920
03-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Yazo: all I'm saying is this is much more of a buyers market than I anticipated.

FlAVaK
03-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Walton for Sessions and Eyenga (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7691006/sources-los-angeles-lakers-get-pg-ramon-sessions-cleveland-cavaliers)

The ADMIRAL 50
03-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm not good with all the financial stuff, but if this RJ trade happened, would it give us more flexibility to sign a free agent 4 or 5?

Actually the downside is this trade would destroy our hope of cap space.

With RJ: Spurs amnesty him in the summer, opening up 10 mill or so

With the trade for SJax: Spurs cannot amnesty Jackson, are only able to open up the amount of the difference between what Duncan is making this season (21 mill) compared to what he signs for AFTER we get under the cap, which wont be much.

Right now we are over the cap a good deal. A Duncan resigning for much less AND a RJ amnesty gets us a huge chunk of cap space, just a Duncan resigning for much less only gets us back under with a little bit of room.

Jackson wouldnt be able to be amnestied bc we didnt sign him to that contract.

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Yazo: all I'm saying is this is much more of a buyers market than I anticipated.

Agree...Teams trying to get situauted with new cba rules in effect.

sehui
03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Holy crap, Spurstalk members have been talking about SJAX for the past 2-3 years; if this goes down this would be pretty awesome! And getting rid of Dick!

The ADMIRAL 50
03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
If someone can confirm what I posted concerning being unable to amnesty SJ I would appreciate it but I'm pretty sure thats how it works

yavozerb
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM

With the trade for SJax: Spurs cannot amnesty Jackson, are only able to open up the amount of the difference between what Duncan is making this season (21 mill) compared to what he signs for AFTER we get under the cap, which wont be much.

Right now we are over the cap a good deal. A Duncan resigning for much less AND a RJ amnesty gets us a huge chunk of cap space, just a Duncan resigning for much less only gets us back under with a little bit of room.

The spurs do not want to waste 20+ mil. unless that absolutley have too..You talk about amnesting RJ as if though the spurs are off the hook for all the $ he is owed, they are not...

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
If someone can confirm what I posted concerning being unable to amnesty SJ I would appreciate it but I'm pretty sure thats how it works

They wouldn't be able to amnesty SJax if they trade for him.

diego
hmmm, not sure I'm convinced about SJAX. Though I've lost all patience for RJ, I'm not sure if Jax has anything left beyond his attitude, and that attitude can be cancerous if there is no game to back it up.

If on top of that it makes it more difficult to bring in a quality big because of cap space...

Spurs da champs
@daldridgetnt
Source: Spurs, Warriors "close, but not done" on deal to send Stephen Jackson back to Spurs for Richard Jefferson. Pop has always loved SJax

phxspurfan
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm not huge on SJax. This team needs backup PG and C help, not more offense on the wing. And given then the cap situation it would put us in, I would rather stay put than add SJax for RJ.

mudyez
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
hm, do we want him? dont we want him? its so hard!

yeah, it would be so sweet but its not like we are getting 07'Jax nor will we be able to have caproom this summer.

BUT: its still Captain Jack and who comes here for that capspace anyway?

silverblk mystix
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
@daldridgetnt
Source: Spurs, Warriors "close, but not done" on deal to send Stephen Jackson back to Spurs for Richard Jefferson. Pop has always loved SJax

Well...can the spurs add Bonner with RJ...you know...as a sign of good faith?

yavozerb
hmmm, not sure I'm convinced about SJAX. Though I've lost all patience for RJ, I'm not sure if Jax has anything left beyond his attitude, and that attitude can be cancerous if there is no game to back it up.

If on top of that it makes it more difficult to bring in a quality big because of cap space...

It has already been discussed that the spurs are not gonna have enough cap space to sign a quality big man after TD re-signing in the offseason..

pad300

Yep, the only way SAS makes that trade is if they get something more than SJAX. Both SJAX and RJ have sucked in the last couple of years. SJax can't be amnestied, but RJ can. For this to make sense, SAS needs to get something more than just SJAX.