PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans/if you were a Lakers fan theoretical question

Venti Quattro
04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Say the Lakers get in the Finals. Would you rather lose to the Superfriends or Boston?

JamStone
04-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Boston. Even though either would hurt, at least you're not letting a new face into the championship VIP room. You prevent Miami from winning it if at all possible because at that point, it strengthens the legacies of both Wade and LeBron. Keep them down for as long as possible.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Rather lose to Heat.

Boston is our #1 rival and them winning will put Pierce at 2-1 vs the Kobe-lead lakers. That will never truly be avenged since their core will retire before they make finals again. The Wade-lead heat will be around for some years which means more chances to even the score.

As much as I hate D-Whistle and LeChoke, the entire Celtic roster can go to hell tbh

Drachen
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't know the true answer, but I would imagine that the average age of the lakers fans who say that they would rather lose to Boston would be under 35 (unless they are among the wave of new lakers fans). Anyone who was paying attention in the 80s and before would very likely like the other 29 teams to run a train on them before losing to boston (especially being so close to evening the score).

JamStone
04-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I look at it as preventing or at least delaying a dynasty with the Heat. Even if Boston wins, it will be their last title for a long time. They're done after this year. If the Heat win this year we could be talking about the first of several. If you stop the Heat this season they probably break up the big three and maybe get a new coach. You delay not only them winning their first with this core but maybe their ability to become a dynasty and challenge the other great NBA dynasties

DJB
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Agree with JamStone. As much as I hate KG, I would like to see the Celtics win it. The idea of being able to form a "super team" and win a title should be crushed.

Venti Quattro
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I would not want to lose to Boston in a Finals series. LeBron and the Superfriends are bound for a ring anyway, so it would hurt but we always knew that they would win one. But losing to Boston now would sting. It will HURT for a LONG TIME, especially when I know that LA could handle them. It's going to be like '69 all over again when the Celtics stole that series from LA, after which Russell dozed off into retirement.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I look at it as preventing or at least delaying a dynasty with the Heat. Even if Boston wins, it will be their last title for a long time. They're done after this year. If the Heat win this year we could be talking about the first of several. If you stop the Heat this season they probably break up the big three and maybe get a new coach. You delay not only them winning their first with this core but maybe their ability to become a dynasty and challenge the other great NBA dynasties

If the Heat don't win, though, it could lead to Heat being in the race for Dwight. They can build a very competitive package around Bosh and Dwight might be tempted since it's almost a sure fire instant dynasty.

JamStone
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Dwight might be on steep decline. A serious back problem for a guy who relies on athleticism and jumping ability so much is a very fragile thing.

DJB
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
LeBron and the Superfriends are bound for a ring anyway, so it would hurt but we always knew that they would win one.

I disagree. I've never felt that Chris Bosh was enough to get them over the hump. Chris Bosh is a joke of a bigman, imho. Never been a fan of his game, nor respected it.

We all know what LeBron and Wade are capable of. However, I think in order for the Heat to win a Championship, Bosh would have to play lights out, and I just simply don't see that happening in any 7 game series.

Old Man Kidd
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Agree with JamStone. As much as I hate KG, I would like to see the Celtics win it. The idea of being able to form a "super team" and win a title should be crushed.

because that isn't what boston did just a few years ago in 08 with their big 3

DJB
04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
because that isn't what boston did just a few years ago in 08 with their big 3

Eh, that didn't feel like the same situation. KG and Ray Allen were in to their 30s and declining. KG and Ray Allen didn't plan it out in the summer before FA to play together, Danny Ainge just made some incredible moves, IIRC.

Old Man Kidd
04-27-2012, 01:57 PM
For the first couple of seasons, they were all still in their primes. It's no different than miami except with a smaller window in terms of years.

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 02:00 PM
wtf? I'd rather lose to the Heat in 5 straight finals than give another one to the Celtics.

Fuck Boston.

JamStone
04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Lol but the Heat have become your B-team, DD so not a tough question for you.

LkrFan
04-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Damn, talk about a damn indecent proposal. :lol

I respect Boston, although I don't like them. I don't respect Miami nor do I like them. I guess I would rather lose to Boston (I can't believe I just posted that). This Miami team needs to pay their dues. Boston team been together a short time but they are a veteran team. Miami needs to go through the fire. They were given the benefit of the doubt (and the whistle) when they assembled Wade, Brawn, and Bosh. Let them earn it. Miami was given too much hype even before they won even one playoff series. So far, in my eyes, they have done nothing to deserve it. Plus, I don't want LBJ to win even one ring during the Kobe era. Just like MJ didn't win during Showtime era.

LkrFan
04-27-2012, 03:47 PM

This. All of this. Jam with the goods. :tu

Brazil
04-27-2012, 05:31 PM
If I were a laker fan I'd probably want to loose against miami rather than boston. I disagree with Jamstone even if Miami establish kind of dynasty, lakers don't care imo about another franchise getting some rings. Boston is their only rival.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the brotherhood Laker fan :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:36 PM
If I were a laker fan I'd probably want to loose against miami rather than boston. I disagree with Jamstone even if Miami establish kind of dynasty, lakers don't care imo about another franchise getting some rings. Boston is their only rival.

If you were Laker fan you'd be gay like Pass1st, Deads, and Venti :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
There's only one Lakerfan on here who chased cock...and we have that documented:lol

btw, where's the $2400?

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Damn, talk about a damn indecent proposal. :lol

I respect Boston, although I don't like them. I don't respect Miami nor do I like them. I guess I would rather lose to Boston (I can't believe I just posted that). This Miami team needs to pay their dues. Boston team been together a short time but they are a veteran team. Miami needs to go through the fire. They were given the benefit of the doubt (and the whistle) when they assembled Wade, Brawn, and Bosh. Let them earn it. Miami was given too much hype even before they won even one playoff series. So far, in my eyes, they have done nothing to deserve it. Plus, I don't want LBJ to win even one ring during the Kobe era. Just like MJ didn't win during Showtime era.

I agree...this is a new day and age...those old Laker / Boston Rivalries don't mean shit to me...plus a black head coach winning a title never hurt a gotdam thang...:lol I don't know what race coach Spo is but he looks like a little no coaching fuck face...I wouldn't want to see Bosh and Wade get another ring...Lebron doesn't deserve one either because he doesn't take the game serious enough for me...

I guess Kobe has spoiled Kool . :hat

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
There's only one Lakerfan on here who chased cock...and we have that documented:lol

btw, where's the $2400?

I'm looking at it now...Kori never responded to me...when she does then we can talk

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm looking at it now...Kori never responded to me...when she does then we can talk

That's bullshit, because she's already PM'd me asking about the bet.:lmao

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
and LkrFan keep in mind that not only did MJ not win during the show-time era...he didn't win during the Bad Boys era nor the Celtics era...once those guys got old there was no competition for MJ....

MJ won because he had it easyPERIOD!!!

ElNono
04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
crofl SSI check didn't come in yet, and he's already betting it

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
That's bullshit, because she's already PM'd me asking about the bet.:lmao

Well she hasn't PM'd me because she can't...now tell her to get off her high horse and holla at me...

Brazil
04-27-2012, 05:45 PM
If you were Laker fan you'd be gay like Pass1st, Deads, and Venti :lol

I take that as a compliment sweetheart, at least they can do stuff on ST: create threads, embed videos, posting without being ridiculed by an entire board...

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:45 PM
crofl SSI check didn't come in yet, and he's already betting it

what's SSI?

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
I take that as a compliment sweetheart, at least they can do stuff on ST: create threads, embed videos, posting without being ridiculed by an entire board...

Ha!

I feel bad about that..everyone here thinks I'm a douche...so sad I tell ya...so sad...I have no friends :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
what's SSI?

How you've been surviving all these years.

btw, what excuse will you have for not sending payment, tomorrow?:lol

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
How you've been surviving all these years.

btw, what excuse will you have for not sending payment, tomorrow?:lol

When Kori gets at me and comes off her high horse then the bet can proceed :lol

pass1st
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Welfare isn't going to bet, just looking for a scapegoat

"I wont bet until she unpinks me"

Unpinked

"I'm not betting"

LkrFan
04-27-2012, 06:43 PM
and LkrFan keep in mind that not only did MJ not win during the show-time era...he didn't win during the Bad Boys era nor the Celtics era...once those guys got old there was no competition for MJ....

MJ won because he had it easyPERIOD!!!

Co-signed. The above mentioned teams got old. Then the NBA expanded and became watered down with the Heat, Grizzlies, Raptors, etc. Then MJ won. Where was he when the '86 Celtics were kicking ass? Where was he when Magic lead Showtime to a back-to-back? Where was he when Zeke broke through and repeated? I'll tell you where: on the wrong side of ass whoopings.

When he finally won, he was crying. Crying because finally all of those true all-time greats have either gotten old or retired, the refs were in his back pocket, and now he can finally win. Now he is the GOAT? Russell has double digit rings and was a hell of a defender/rebounder. I'd give him the nod over MJ. I would also put KAJ over MJ as well - he also had 6 rings - and just so happen to be the NBA's all-time leading scorer. He's also the greatest center this game has ever seen.

But MJ is the GOAT. :rolleyes People don't stand for shit will fall for anything the media tells them.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Co-signed. The above mentioned teams got old. Then the NBA expanded and became watered down with the Heat, Grizzlies, Raptors, etc. Then MJ won. Where was he when the '86 Celtics were kicking ass? Where was he when Magic lead Showtime to a back-to-back? Where was he when Zeke broke through and repeated? I'll tell you where: on the wrong side of ass whoopings.

When he finally won, he was crying. Crying because finally all of those true all-time greats have either gotten old or retired, the refs were in his back pocket, and now he can finally win. Now he is the GOAT? Russell has double digit rings and was a hell of a defender/rebounder. I'd give him the nod over MJ. I would also put KAJ over MJ as well - he also had 6 rings - and just so happen to be the NBA's all-time leading scorer. He's also the greatest center this game has ever seen.

But MJ is the GOAT. :rolleyes People don't stand for shit will fall for anything the media tells them.

:lol

I agree with almost everything you said but I would take MJ or over Russell...MJ was almost a Raw African...

As for the Kobe MJ debate...MJ was a better driver, Kobe a better shooter, mid-range games were equal...It's a toss-up :lol

Ace
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I disagree. I've never felt that Chris Bosh was enough to get them over the hump. Chris Bosh is a joke of a bigman, imho. Never been a fan of his game, nor respected it.

We all know what LeBron and Wade are capable of. However, I think in order for the Heat to win a Championship, Bosh would have to play lights out, and I just simply don't see that happening in any 7 game series.

Bosh played as great as you can expect a 3rd option to play. Try watching a game for once GNSF...

DJB
04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Championship teams in this era need a Dominant big. Chris Bosh is not a dominant big.

By the way, it's a shame that the entire miami heat nation is represented by such an awful poster as yourself.

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Championship teams in this era need a Dominant big. Chris Bosh is not a dominant big.

By the way, it's a shame that the entire miami heat nation is represented by such an awful poster as yourself.

You're the awful poster, you simple, gray, banal faggot.

Brazil
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I have no friends :lol

you have cul and luva... thats some fucking great buddies

scanry
04-27-2012, 10:49 PM
If i were a Laker fan, i would rather lose to the Heat. The Lakers only started beating the Celtics until Magic came around. And i don't think the die hard Lakers fans would ever want to be beaten by the Celtics again.

Jam, I sense you are more of a Kobe fan, so i don't think you would want Kobe to lose to Lebron. I know it is inevitable, but hey Magic knew that about Jordan and he was happy for Jordan. However it looks like Lebron just doesn't want it.

Ace
04-27-2012, 11:53 PM

Crofl you think Duncan is a dominant big?..

cobbler
04-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Would hurt either way but this is a question that is a no brainer and seperates real Laker fans from the rest.

FUCK BOSTON!!!!

100%duncan
04-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Boston. Fuck the heat.

DMC
04-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Since you're trying to catch Boston in titles, losing to them would be the worst. Losing to anyone would be bad, but allowing Boston to gain another ring on you wouldn't sit right in your craw, especially since this might be your last shot at it with KB.

Losing to LBJ could be seen as a passing of the torch, and it could be spun that way with fans.

DJB
04-28-2012, 02:17 AM

36 yr old Duncan > Chris Bosh in his prime any fucking day. Period.

Come up with any argument that suggests otherwise, I dare you.

DJB
04-28-2012, 02:37 AM
You're the awful poster, you simple, gray, banal faggot.

Don't be butthurt that I troll you and your purple named faggot friends on the reg...

Venti Quattro
04-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Don't be butthurt that I troll you and your purple named faggot friends on the reg...

The point guard is the most important position in basketball, especially in the playoffs. :lol :lol :lol

Ace
04-28-2012, 11:30 AM
36 yr old Duncan > Chris Bosh in his prime any fucking day. Period.

Come up with any argument that suggests otherwise, I dare you.

Follow along...

Is Duncan a dominant big? Answer the question simpleton...