Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Say the Lakers get in the Finals. Would you rather lose to the Superfriends or Boston?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Boston. Even though either would hurt, at least you're not letting a new face into the championship VIP room. You prevent Miami from winning it if at all possible because at that point, it strengthens the legacies of both Wade and LeBron. Keep them down for as long as possible.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rather lose to Heat.

Boston is our #1 rival and them winning will put Pierce at 2-1 vs the Kobe-lead lakers. That will never truly be avenged since their core will retire before they make finals again. The Wade-lead heat will be around for some years which means more chances to even the score.

As much as I hate D-Whistle and LeChoke, the entire Celtic roster can go to tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know the true answer, but I would imagine that the average age of the lakers fans who say that they would rather lose to Boston would be under 35 (unless they are among the wave of new lakers fans). Anyone who was paying attention in the 80s and before would very likely like the other 29 teams to run a train on them before losing to boston (especially being so close to evening the score).

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I look at it as preventing or at least delaying a dynasty with the Heat. Even if Boston wins, it will be their last le for a long time. They're done after this year. If the Heat win this year we could be talking about the first of several. If you stop the Heat this season they probably break up the big three and maybe get a new coach. You delay not only them winning their first with this core but maybe their ability to become a dynasty and challenge the other great NBA dynasties

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with JamStone. As much as I hate KG, I would like to see the Celtics win it. The idea of being able to form a "super team" and win a le should be crushed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would not want to lose to Boston in a Finals series. LeBron and the Superfriends are bound for a ring anyway, so it would hurt but we always knew that they would win one. But losing to Boston now would sting. It will HURT for a LONG TIME, especially when I know that LA could handle them. It's going to be like '69 all over again when the Celtics stole that series from LA, after which Russell dozed off into retirement.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I look at it as preventing or at least delaying a dynasty with the Heat. Even if Boston wins, it will be their last le for a long time. They're done after this year. If the Heat win this year we could be talking about the first of several. If you stop the Heat this season they probably break up the big three and maybe get a new coach. You delay not only them winning their first with this core but maybe their ability to become a dynasty and challenge the other great NBA dynasties
    If the Heat don't win, though, it could lead to Heat being in the race for Dwight. They can build a very compe ive package around Bosh and Dwight might be tempted since it's almost a sure fire instant dynasty.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Dwight might be on steep decline. A serious back problem for a guy who relies on athleticism and jumping ability so much is a very fragile thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron and the Superfriends are bound for a ring anyway, so it would hurt but we always knew that they would win one.
    I disagree. I've never felt that Chris Bosh was enough to get them over the hump. Chris Bosh is a joke of a bigman, imho. Never been a fan of his game, nor respected it.

We all know what LeBron and Wade are capable of. However, I think in order for the Heat to win a Championship, Bosh would have to play lights out, and I just simply don't see that happening in any 7 game series.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Agree with JamStone. As much as I hate KG, I would like to see the Celtics win it. The idea of being able to form a "super team" and win a le should be crushed.
    because that isn't what boston did just a few years ago in 08 with their big 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because that isn't what boston did just a few years ago in 08 with their big 3
    Eh, that didn't feel like the same situation. KG and Ray Allen were in to their 30s and declining. KG and Ray Allen didn't plan it out in the summer before FA to play together, Danny Ainge just made some incredible moves, IIRC.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    For the first couple of seasons, they were all still in their primes. It's no different than miami except with a smaller window in terms of years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    wtf? I'd rather lose to the Heat in 5 straight finals than give another one to the Celtics.

Boston.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Lol but the Heat have become your B-team, DD so not a tough question for you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, talk about a damn indecent proposal.

I respect Boston, although I don't like them. I don't respect Miami nor do I like them. I guess I would rather lose to Boston (I can't believe I just posted that). This Miami team needs to pay their dues. Boston team been together a short time but they are a veteran team. Miami needs to go through the fire. They were given the benefit of the doubt (and the whistle) when they assembled Wade, Brawn, and Bosh. Let them earn it. Miami was given too much hype even before they won even one playoff series. So far, in my eyes, they have done nothing to deserve it. Plus, I don't want LBJ to win even one ring during the Kobe era. Just like MJ didn't win during Showtime era.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This. All of this. Jam with the goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were a laker fan I'd probably want to loose against miami rather than boston. I disagree with Jamstone even if Miami establish kind of dynasty, lakers don't care imo about another franchise getting some rings. Boston is their only rival.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Welcome to the brotherhood Laker fan

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If I were a laker fan I'd probably want to loose against miami rather than boston. I disagree with Jamstone even if Miami establish kind of dynasty, lakers don't care imo about another franchise getting some rings. Boston is their only rival.
    If you were Laker fan you'd be gay like Pass1st, Deads, and Venti

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's only one Lakerfan on here who chased ...and we have that do ented

btw, where's the $2400?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, talk about a damn indecent proposal.

I respect Boston, although I don't like them. I don't respect Miami nor do I like them. I guess I would rather lose to Boston (I can't believe I just posted that). This Miami team needs to pay their dues. Boston team been together a short time but they are a veteran team. Miami needs to go through the fire. They were given the benefit of the doubt (and the whistle) when they assembled Wade, Brawn, and Bosh. Let them earn it. Miami was given too much hype even before they won even one playoff series. So far, in my eyes, they have done nothing to deserve it. Plus, I don't want LBJ to win even one ring during the Kobe era. Just like MJ didn't win during Showtime era.
    I agree...this is a new day and age...those old Laker / Boston Rivalries don't mean to me...plus a black head coach winning a le never hurt a gotdam thang... I don't know what race coach Spo is but he looks like a little no coaching face...I wouldn't want to see Bosh and Wade get another ring...Lebron doesn't deserve one either because he doesn't take the game serious enough for me...

I guess Kobe has spoiled Kool .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's only one Lakerfan on here who chased ...and we have that do ented

btw, where's the $2400?
    I'm looking at it now...Kori never responded to me...when she does then we can talk

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm looking at it now...Kori never responded to me...when she does then we can talk
    That's bull , because she's already PM'd me asking about the bet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    and LkrFan keep in mind that not only did MJ not win during the show-time era...he didn't win during the Bad Boys era nor the Celtics era...once those guys got old there was no compe ion for MJ....

MJ won because he had it easyPERIOD!!!

Thread Information