PDA

View Full Version : does anybody else give their spouse a curfew?

Trill Clinton
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
when your significan other decides to go out without you, do you expect them to come home in a reasonable hour? or do you prefer to give them a set time to be home?:wakeup

Drachen
06-05-2012, 05:11 PM
She doesn't go out much without me, but if she does, I would expect 3 at the latest, but she always gets back at 12:30 or earlier.

edit: she is usually texting me throughout the night about stupid people. I usually do the same when I am out without her.

Reck
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
First of all, your wife/husband should not be out by themselves at any hour that's pass 2am.

Second, putting a curfew on them its a surefire way to get them to cheat.

No one likes people to tell them at what hour they should be home, specially an adult.

They should instinctively know when and for how long they should arrive home when alone.

Drachen
06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
First of all, your wife/husband should not be out by themselves at any hour that's pass 2am.

No one likes people to tell them at what hour they should be home, specially an adult.

They should instinctively know when and for how long they should arrive home when alone.

This is pretty much how I feel. I said I would expect by 3 because she may go dancing and close the place down, and grab something to eat on the way home, thus not exactly 2am. That being said, I really can't think of a time that she went past 12:30. I go out more and later than she does, which isn't to say that either of us go out a lot.

Trill Clinton
06-05-2012, 05:29 PM

well if they planned on cheating then they would do it. there isn't a certain time that people cheat at.

I don't see anything wrong with telling her to try to be home at a certain time. I don't feel comfortable with my girl being out the house past midnight.

Summers
06-05-2012, 05:32 PM

Wut?

Drachen
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
well if they planned on cheating then they would do it. there isn't a certain time that people cheat at.

I don't see anything wrong with telling her to try to be home at a certain time. I don't feel comfortable with my girl being out the house past midnight.

Bingo.

FkLA
06-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Shes not allowed to go out without me.

Blake
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
being out past 2 am is stupid in general, imo

Reck
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Yeah, correct. There is no specific time that people cheat at but that's not my point.

What I was getting at was that by telling her that she has to be home at this or that hour no matter what may cause her to do something back in retribution for your controlling ways.

Doesn't necessarily need to be cheating. Could be any type of fuckery just as long as she sticks it to you.

And you're right once more, there is nothing wrong with telling your girl to be home early and whatnot but you must also realize you are imposing the same curfew upon yourself.

You cant go telling your significant one to be home at this hour or that hour and expect her to allow you to be out past the same curfew she has.

clambake
06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
does anyone give their spouse a curfew.......and live to tell about it?

mrsmaalox
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I'd never give another adult a curfew. Especially someone I supposedly love and trust.

JoeyGreco
06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
:lmao Most cheating goes on way before 2am. Typically around 11 or so they can be home before 12:30.

Stringer_Bell
06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
No curfew as long as the female knows that she's gonna get dicked down harder the later she comes home. That's how you keep a bitch anticipating without playa hating on her "me n my girls" time.

CuckingFunt
06-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I could not possibly give less of a fuck how late my significant other stays out without me. Just so long as he or she keeps in touch so I know they're not dead in a ditch somewhere.

Curfews are for children, though. If I were dating someone who was uncomfortable with me staying out all hours of the night, I would want them to let me know and I would respect their feelings. But I can't imagine I'd take very well to being given a curfew. Unspoken expectations are dumb, too. Passive aggressive bullshit destined to create drama and resentment.

FkLA
06-05-2012, 07:26 PM
The only reason women would want to go out on their own at night is to be sluts. 'Time with the girls' is just another way of saying shes gonna go out with them and act like a slut.

CuckingFunt
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
The only reason women would want to go out on their own at night is to be sluts. 'Time with the girls' is just another way of saying shes gonna go out with them and act like a slut.

False.

Avante
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Been married for 30 years. At no time did I worry about her cheating. Marriage is not prison. If you have to worry about her cheating you are doing something wrong. I treat her better than anyone else could. Sex is all she can handle. I listen when she talks, I pay attention to her needs.

Women cheat because they need more than you are giving. A curfew, no way!

I was 33 and she was 21 when we met, yep in a bar.

Avante
06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
^some people have wives that no other guy would be interested in anyway, so yeah you probably havent had to worry too much over the years about your middle aged, unattractive wife finding a willing participant to cheat on you :lol

Since this is the internet as you just proved by acting like you know somebody you've never seen...

Judy is 5-10 an x-college volleyball player with an athletic body long blonde hair and big blue eyes. A doll.

I'm trying to imagine...

Judy...I'm going out with the girls.
me...hmmm...be home by 2am...ok?
Judy...yes dear.

That is funny.

BlackSwordsMan
06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Hard to tell what time of day it is in the kitchen so no curfew from me to her

Avante
06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
and besides you're wrong, some women just cheat because they lack the values and virtues to be committed. they are selfish, impulsive, and just decide to do things on a whim without thinking about anything else or realizing the fact that they are in a relationship.

it happens.

Kids on computers:rolleyes

You don't jump into a marriage if you have a brain. You get to know her, really know her. Yes you move in with her and live together for awhile. If everything is cool after six months to a year then get married.

What you are talking about is when dumb ass kids without a clue of what they are doing get married.

The Reckoning
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM
old people thread

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
old people thread

Sure beats the fuck out of young and dumb thread.

jack sommerset
06-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I could not possibly give less of a fuck how late my significant other stays out without me. Just so long as he or she keeps in touch so I know they're not dead in a ditch somewhere.

Curfews are for children, though. If I were dating someone who was uncomfortable with me staying out all hours of the night, I would want them to let me know and I would respect their feelings. But I can't imagine I'd take very well to being given a curfew. Unspoken expectations are dumb, too. Passive aggressive bullshit destined to create drama and resentment.

Is your name Pat?

Been married for 30 years. At no time did I worry about her cheating. Marriage is not prison. If you have to worry about her cheating you are doing something wrong. I treat her better than anyone else could. Sex is all she can handle. I listen when she talks, I pay attention to her needs.

Women cheat because they need more than you are giving. A curfew, no way!

I was 33 and she was 21 when we met, yep in a bar.

Sounds like you have it all figured out? Thanks for sharing. God bless

The Reckoning
06-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Sure beats the fuck out of young and dumb thread.

curfews?

:rollin

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Is your name Pat?

Sounds like you have it all figured out? Thanks for sharing. God bless

I have sisters so I learned easly on what it took to get along with them. I also paid attention to what they looked for in a guy. When I was running the streets looking for Miss Tonight I found the key to unlocking the door was to listen, women love to talk. Throw in a few smiles, keep their glass full and listen. Worked like a charm.

The Reckoning
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I have sisters so I learned easly on what it took to get along with them. I also paid attention to what they looked for in a guy. When I was running the streets looking for Miss Tonight I found the key to unlocking the door was to listen, women love to talk. Throw in a few smiles, keep their glass full and listen. Worked like a charm.

so youd get them drunk and take them home? thanks einstein.

AmericanWoman
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
and besides you're wrong, some women just cheat because they lack the values and virtues to be committed. they are selfish, impulsive, and just decide to do things on a whim without thinking about anything else or realizing the fact that they are in a relationship.

it happens.

Men cheat for the same reasons but mostly just because they are men.

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:12 PM
so youd get them drunk and take them home? thanks einstein.

Are you really that stupid? Let me guess, hmmm...19?

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Men cheat for the same reasons but mostly just because they are men.

Men are a totally different breed of cat. They'd do an attractive hole in a fence.

IWantsACuatro
06-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey RaZon is back!

The Reckoning
06-05-2012, 09:14 PM
are you really that stupid? Let me guess, hmmm...19?

jack sommerset
06-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Listening is a quality not everyone has. If you master that you can unlock many doors to happiness. God bless

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;"

The Reckoning
06-05-2012, 09:17 PM
all jokes aside avante, howd you navigate the girl's bar friends who would swoop in to cock block you if they saw you speaking with her? any girl in her right mind wouldnt be in a bar without friends.

what do you do with the girls who just stare blankly at you and expect you to buy them drinks and entertain them instead? do you talk to them about blues music, track and football? im sure theyre really interested.

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey RaZon is back!

RaZon was a punk.

IWantsACuatro
06-05-2012, 09:21 PM
RaZon was a punk.

:wow

Well you're an asshole. I don't think RaZon would appreciate what you say about him behind his back.

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:24 PM
:wow

Well you're an asshole. I don't think RaZon would appreciate what you say about him behind his back.

Hahahahaha!!!!

Blake
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
RaZon was a punk.

Agreed

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Agreed

He sure knew his football however.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Ah, another thread where insecure males can pout.

:tu

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Ah, another thread where insecure males can pout.

:tu

Amazing, we agree.

Reck
06-05-2012, 10:41 PM
RaZon's wife is a blow up doll.

That's why he doesn't worry about her cheating. He knows she's loyal to her last bit of air. :lmao

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:43 PM
all jokes aside avante, howd you navigate the girl's bar friends who would swoop in to cock block you if they saw you speaking with her? any girl in her right mind wouldnt be in a bar without friends.

what do you do with the girls who just stare blankly at you and expect you to buy them drinks and entertain them instead? do you talk to them about blues music, track and football? im sure theyre really interested.

Why the rush? Now add you do not have to score every night.

You simply play the field, while looking for that Miss Tonight. Most the time you will find her, that girl dying to tell her story and in need of someone to listen. If you don't find her...big deal. You will next week.

Don't come off as some punk kid who is horny. Be smart and patient. That starts with making her feel comfortable and important.

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I wish Avante's wife would give him a posting curfew.

Surprised your folks allow you on their computer.

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
RaZon's wife is a blow up doll.

That's why he doesn't worry about her cheating. He knows she's loyal to her last bit of air. :lmao

That was so stupid.

Women who are happy at home don't cheat, so what does that tell us? How about you make damn sure her wants and needs are taken care of. As we know a woman will tell you what see wants, so you don't have to guess. Then you do all you can to give her what she needs.

A life where a guy is afraid to let his woman go out.....whoa! That would take a guy who knows he has been lazy. A cat lacking confidence.

Little one, a doll...? Come on little fella that was stupid even for you.

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:56 PM
sorry i bought this computer as i bought everything else of mine

Big allowance I see.

Reck
06-05-2012, 10:56 PM
That was so stupid.

Women who are happy at home don't cheat, so what does that tell us? How about you make damn sure her wants and needs are taken care of. As we know a woman will tell you what see wants, so you don't have to guess. Then you do all you can to give her what she needs.

A life where a guy is afraid to let his woman go out.....whoa! That would take a guy who knows he has been lazy. A cat lacking confidence.

Little one, a doll...? Come on little fella that was stupid even for you.

Que?

Avante
06-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm trying to imagine a relationship without trust. That would totally suck. How could anyone live that way? Suspicious of where they go and what they do, that would really suck. Without trust there is no relationship.

Drachen
06-05-2012, 11:31 PM
:lmao Most cheating goes on way before 2am. Typically around 11 or so they can be home before 12:30.

LOL! I had to share this thread with my wife because of this.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-06-2012, 07:53 AM

a-fucking-men!!!

I hate that passive aggressive bullshit! I can't stand it.

and to all you insecure motherfuckers setting curfews and shit. You won't prevent someone cheating on you by setting some bogus curfew. Either you trust your significant other or you don't. You motherfuckers obviously don't. Think about that for a minute.

Blake
06-06-2012, 08:14 AM
He sure knew his football however.

he sure fooled us then

desflood
06-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Umm... no. My spouse is an adult. Curfews are for teenagers.

JudynTX
06-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Yeah, my man can go out without me., he just has to let me know where he is at all times.

He has to be home by midnight.

He can't withdraw money from the ATM without my permission.

He can only drink on the weekends.

Yeah right....I'm in loving and trusting relationship. :toast

Trill Clinton
06-06-2012, 09:44 AM
good to see everybody on ST in healthy relationships.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
good to see everybody on ST in healthy relationships.

:lol

WTF you expect??!??!

Avante
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't want a woman who I had to be suspicious about. I have never put any barriers or limitations on her. She does whatever she wants and so do I. Yes if one of us plans on spending some big $$$$ we'll talk about it but other than that we both do our things without restrictions. 30 years and our biggest fight is why I can't remember to put the top back on the toothpaste. Yep, about as happy as two people can be. Which happens when two people are as concerned over the others happiness as much as they are theirs.

When selffish kids marry of course it won't work.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Avante;5954379 Yep, about as happy as two people can be. Which happens when two people are as concerned over the others happiness as much as they are theirs.
[/QUOTE]

And when one of them spends 90% of his time on the internets.

SpurinDallas
06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I actually wish my wife would go out more often, and when she does have dinner and drinks with the girls, she is usually home by 10:30. And like another poster stated earlier, when she is out she is usually texting me about 1 girl out of the group annoying the hell out of her.

When I go out, it's usually to go out and play poker at an underground game near home, so I go ahead and tell her I'll be home at a certain time so she isn't worried about me. It works out well for the both of us.

Avante
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
And when one of them spends 90% of his time on the internets.

When do you drop the cartoon bit and start dealing with real life? I had RaZon to show everyone how stupid and immature some of you are. As we know there you were with all that stupid/immature...yo mama...as I kept you hooked. Now here you are once again playing idiot:rolleyes I spend a couple hours in the morning and some late at night time doing this. Rarely do it at all on the weekends. As you know I was gone for about a week. Yet here you are ..90%, dude, why not cool this trying to be funny for everyone bit and act like a real person...ok? I have no respect for you at all because you act like a little immature dumbass kid. I have a feeling you aren't really that. Sure you're stupid when it come to track/blues but that's ok.

Yes I know I had my RaZon bit but that wasn't going to last too long. You can't let ...internet moron...go, why?

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2012, 10:37 AM
When do you drop the cartoon bit and start dealing with real life? I had RaZon to show everyone how stupid and immature some of you are. As we know there you were with all that stupid/immature...yo mama...as I kept you hooked. Now here you are once again playing idiot:rolleyes I spend a couple hours in the morning and some late at night time doing this. Rarely do it at all on the weekends. As you know I was gone for about a week. Yet here you are ..90%, dude, why not cool this trying to be funny for everyone bit and act like a real person...ok? I have no respect for you at all because you act like a little immature dumbass kid. I have a feeling you aren't really that. Sure you're stupid when it come to track/blues but that's ok.

Yes I know I had my RaZon bit but that wasn't going to last too long. You can't let ...internet moron...go, why?

You are way to serious about everything. Again, there isn't enough difference between your RaZon and Avante trolls. So forgive me if I don't treat them differently.

I was making an on-topic joke, respecting the thread and everything and here you are trying to divert Trill's thread to a personal attack on me.

JoeChalupa
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
No curfews needed. Plain old trust works for us.

Avante
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
You are way to serious about everything. Again, there isn't enough difference between your RaZon and Avante trolls. So forgive me if I don't treat them differently.

I was making an on-topic joke, respecting the thread and everything and here you are trying to divert Trill's thread to a personal attack on me.

Sorry if I don't try to clown everything like you do. I'm not some dumbass kid who thinks everything needs to be a joke, that would be you. As long as you act like a punk or clown I'll treat you like one. When you talk to me get real, drop all that silliness you haul around with you it won't work with me.

All that respect the thread bullshit was a RaZonism, not mine.

Ok dumbass its almost 9am, time to go. 90% of the time...:rolleyes

JoeChalupa
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I joke around almost all the time.

Reck
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
RaZon quit it with the long winded responses. Nobody wants to read that much nonsense from you.

Avante
06-07-2012, 04:02 AM
RaZon quit it with the long winded responses. Nobody wants to read that much nonsense from you.

So keep it short, funny and simple? Anything with some substance attached to it that isn't funny is a no no.

Do this Shadowwahwah, don't read me...ok? How about you stop giving out advice and whimpering all the time...ok?

Trust me you are not somebody I respect.

Wild Cobra
06-07-2012, 06:10 AM
when your significan other decides to go out without you, do you expect them to come home in a reasonable hour? or do you prefer to give them a set time to be home?:wakeup
Do you allow your spouse to give you a curfew? Does she? Do you follow it?

Wild Cobra
06-07-2012, 06:12 AM
LOL...

You obviously know nothing about women.

Wild Cobra
06-07-2012, 06:18 AM

Absolutely. You either have trust, or you don't.

I am in total agreement with the knowing they are OK. that is not too much to ask at all.

Avante
06-07-2012, 06:18 AM
It would have been...

Judy...I'm going out with some friends, don't wait up.
me...make damn sure you are back by 2am.
Judy...ah how sweet, you are worried about me.
me...yes I am, a lot of weirdo's out there.
Judy...I'm a big girl, how about you do wait up for me, ok tiger?
me....:king

man on wire
06-07-2012, 06:28 AM
It would have been...

Judy...I'm going out with some friends, don't wait up.
me...make damn sure you are back by 2am.
Judy...ah how sweet, you are worried about me.
me...yes I am, a lot of weirdo's out there.
Judy...I'm a big girl, how about you do wait up for me, ok tiger?
me....:king

Your wife fantasizes about Tiger Woods?

Avante
06-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Your wife fantasizes about Tiger Woods?

It works like this....

Without a big...T...the word tiger is not a name. With a little...t..it would be a playful word meaning frisky, you know kind of like a tiger.

Anytime I can help.....

Reck
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
So keep it short, funny and simple? Anything with some substance attached to it that isn't funny is a no no.

Do this Shadowwahwah, don't read me...ok? How about you stop giving out advice and whimpering all the time...ok?

Trust me you are not somebody I respect.

:lmao Not respecting someone online.

How much of a child are you? :lol

Trill Clinton
06-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Do you allow your spouse to give you a curfew? Does she? Do you follow it?
did you read the thread?

Wild Cobra
06-07-2012, 04:14 PM
did you read the thread?
Yes. That was my first response from reading the beginning.

z0sa
06-07-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm single right now but no, that's ridiculous... I wouldn't ever, either. The only thing near a curfew I ever entertain is a mutual discussion either of us could initiate that goes something like "You know we got a long day/a bunch of bullshit to do/etc tomorrow so try not to be out too late, babe." Encouraging and focused on our daily lives and future, not some kind of mistrust. And obviously if there isn't shit to do on a weekend or something and I don't feel like going... have a fucking blast, call me if you need to, etc. Of course, at this point of my life I date women who can handle their shit on their own for the most part so..

Avante
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM
:lmao Not respecting someone online.

How much of a child are you? :lol

That's where you blow it. So you act different in hiding? Talk about being a child:rolleyes

You're a mess.

bus driver
06-08-2012, 11:21 AM
no