PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen 2016 yet?

Pages : [1] 2

Yonivore
08-10-2012, 03:59 PM
vtv6XUT-hno
Anyone know when it's coming to theaters in Central Texas?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Looks pretty accurate to me.

cantthinkofanything
08-10-2012, 04:05 PM
where's Ben Affleck?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanx.

I think I'll go watch it today:

2016: Obama's America (http://www.google.com/movies?hl=en&near=Portland,+OR&dq=2016&sort=1&mid=d65eeebaa6d36b72&sa=X&ei=iHclUKGsIZH2igKmuoCACw&ved=0CGAQwAMoEg)

Vici
08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
You gotta be shitting me. I'm rarely offended, except by extreme and blatant stupidity.

Yonivore
08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanx.

I think I'll go watch it today:

2016: Obama's America (http://www.google.com/movies?hl=en&near=Portland,+OR&dq=2016&sort=1&mid=d65eeebaa6d36b72&sa=X&ei=iHclUKGsIZH2igKmuoCACw&ved=0CGAQwAMoEg)
Is it on the screen anywhere around Austin or San Antonio?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Is it on the screen anywhere around Austin or San Antonio?
I don't know, but there's the complete title for you to search with. I'm in Portland OR, and my search gave automatically gave me the Portland metro area theaters, only 3 of them for the metropolitan area. I didn't continue searching.

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:22 PM
found this if it helps:

Obamas America 2016 (http://2016themovie.com/theaters/)

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Cinemark 17
11819 Webb Chapel Rd
Dallas, TX

AMC Stonebrair Mall
2601 Preston Rd
Frisco, TX

AMC Grapevine Mills
3150 Grapevine Mills Pkwy
Grapevine, TX

Tinseltown Movies 17
911 State Hwy 114 W
Grapevine, TX

AMC Gulf Pointe
11801 S Sam Houston Pky E
Houston, TX

Edwards Houston Marque Stad. 23 & IMAX
7620 Katy Frwy
Houston, TX

Cinemark 24 Legacy
7201 Central Expy
Plano, TX

Cinemark West Plano
Plano, TX

AMC First Colony
3301 Town Center Blvd S
Sugar Land, TX

Cinemark at Market Street
9595 Six Pines Dr
The Woodlands, TX

Santikos Silverado IMAX
24720 Tomball Parkway
Tomball, TX

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:27 PM
You gotta be shitting me. I'm rarely offended, except by extreme and blatant stupidity.
Is it really that stupid?

I have seen indications all along he is out to destroy America.

Sorry, have to ask...

Is Michael Moore your idea of a documentary film maker?

Yonivore
08-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Cinemark 17
11819 Webb Chapel Rd
Dallas, TX

AMC Stonebrair Mall
2601 Preston Rd
Frisco, TX

AMC Grapevine Mills
3150 Grapevine Mills Pkwy
Grapevine, TX

Tinseltown Movies 17
911 State Hwy 114 W
Grapevine, TX

AMC Gulf Pointe
11801 S Sam Houston Pky E
Houston, TX

Edwards Houston Marque Stad. 23 & IMAX
7620 Katy Frwy
Houston, TX

Cinemark 24 Legacy
7201 Central Expy
Plano, TX

Cinemark West Plano
Plano, TX

AMC First Colony
3301 Town Center Blvd S
Sugar Land, TX

Cinemark at Market Street
9595 Six Pines Dr
The Woodlands, TX

Santikos Silverado IMAX
24720 Tomball Parkway
Tomball, TX
Thanks. I'll wait until it hits a closer screen.

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks. I'll wait until it hits a closer screen.
Shows like this might not make a complete round of cities. You could easily miss it. How far is the closest one? I would drive no more than an hour to see such a film myself.

clambake
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
that trailer is hilarious!

thanks yoni!

Yonivore
08-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Shows like this might not make a complete round of cities. You could easily miss it. How far is the closest one? I would drive no more than an hour to see such a film myself.
They're all more than an hour from me but, there's a drive to get it on more screens and apparently it's been met with some success. I didn't listen close but, they apparently were able to get it from a double-digit number of screens to over 200 and now, they're shooting for 3,000 screens.

There's a website to request it at a theater near you, I just have to find it...I just assumed Austin would have one of the more than 200 that are showing it now and didn't write it down.

clambake
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
birther movie.

you can catch a ride with darrin!

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry, have to ask...

This is every bit the same kind of "documentary" as what Michael Moore makes. If you find this acceptable you find Michael Moore acceptable.

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
This is every bit the same kind of "documentary" as what Michael Moore makes. If you find this acceptable you find Michael Moore acceptable.
That depends.

Is it being touted as a documentary? How factual is it and how much is spun fact?

You may have a valid point. We will not really know until we see it.

Yonivore
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Have you seen it?

I at least waited until I'd watched Michael Moore's idiocy before declaring is so.

ElNono
08-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Looks like "2008: McCain will win in a landslide!"

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Have you seen it?

I at least waited until I'd watched Michael Moore's idiocy before declaring is so.

:lol Yes I'm sure you went into a Michael Moore movie with a completely open mind.

I have not seen it. But I've read Dinesh D'Sousa before and got a good enough idea from the trailer that this is just pablum for the people who get some weird sadistic pleasure out of thinking Barack Obama is ushering in the apocalypse.

Not for me. I'd sooner go see the Alf movie.

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 04:50 PM
ALF could be a great movie

ElNono
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7392

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Are you saying Obama is an Alien Life Form?

Joking aside, Obama really is controversial. He apologizes for America, which a president should never do. He caters to the lowest common denominator, wanting to steal the wealth of those pulling the cart and decrease their numbers. Then, increasing the payloads in the carts by adding more and more freebies to those not paying taxes. How long until there are not enough people to pull the carts?

ElNono
08-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Alf was in the mainstream media, you're probably a commie, tbh

clambake
08-10-2012, 04:56 PM
the producer is a mormon. lol

ChumpDumper
08-10-2012, 04:56 PM
He apologizes for America, which a president should never do.Link to a quote of his actually apologizing for America.

Bet you can't do it.

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Are you saying Obama is an Alien Life Form?

Joking aside, Obama really is controversial. He apologizes for America, which a president should never do. He caters to the lowest common denominator, wanting to steal the wealth of those pulling the cart and decrease their numbers. Then, increasing the payloads in the carts by adding more and more freebies to those not paying taxes. How long until there are not enough people to pull the carts?

Look, I fully acknowledge this film is made for the people who believe all that. Let us know what you think of the movie.

Did you see American Carol? How was that?

clambake
08-10-2012, 04:58 PM
no doubt, financed by the mormon church........which is financed by mitt.

Wild Cobra
Link to a quote of his actually apologizing for America.

Bet you can't do it.
Sure, I could if I searched enough.

He has. It's out there. Just not worth my time. Others know it happened, I don't care if you believe me or not.

And "double dog daring" me isn't going to work, so please don't go to "chump mode."

DarrinS
birther movie.

you can catch a ride with darrin!

Why do you keep repeating this false allegation?

clambake
08-10-2012, 05:01 PM
not false. its out there. just not worth my time. others know it happened, i don't care if you believe me or not.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2012, 05:02 PM

He has. It's out there. Just not worth my time. Others know it happened, I don't care if you believe me or not.

And "double dog daring" me isn't going to work, so please don't go to "chump mode."You're completely full of shit.

You know you can't do it, so you're going into Wild Cobra mode and whining about me.

DarrinS
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM
not false. its out there. just not worth my time. others know it happened, i don't care if you believe me or not.

You're completely full of shit.

You know you can't do it, so you're going into clambake mode and whining about me.

Spurminator
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM

And "double dog daring" me isn't going to work, so please don't go to "chump mode."

If it's something that should never be done by a President, it would be something you remember and you shouldn't have to look it up.

I've certainly heard people SAY he's "apologizing for America" but the specific quotes never really bore that out in his actual comments. Usually the issue was more about him not going to foreign countries and saying "Fuck y'all we're America, and might is right. Obama out, bitches. U-S-A! U-S-A!"

clambake
08-10-2012, 05:07 PM
You're completely full of shit.

You know you can't do it, so you're going into clambake mode and whining about me.

:lol good one! :p:

Creepn
08-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Game Change was a pretty good political movie.

clambake
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
has anyone seen this mormon movie yet?

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 07:29 PM
juGoLKZjPQU

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Does the video give out the super lotto numbers for the next 4 yrs?

clambake
08-10-2012, 07:33 PM
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7392

George Gervin's Afro
08-10-2012, 07:33 PM

So you're making it up

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I learn something new every day. I didn't know Dinesh D'Souza was Mormon.

Thanks for the learning experience.

Wild Cobra
08-10-2012, 08:06 PM
So you're making it up
If you say so.

ChumpDumper
08-10-2012, 09:15 PM
If you say so.Well, technically you're just parroting some bullshit someone else said and could never back up either.

mercos
08-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Less than a minute in and the video is full of shit. Obama wants America downsized? That's why he helped topple Ghaddify and is now aiding Syrian rebels right? That also explains our current military expansion in Asia. His foreign policy is a more efficient version of George W. Bush's policy.

It blows my mind when the Obama haters try and claim he is the most liberal president ever. He signed a stimulus plan loaded with tax cuts. He signed a health care plan drawn up by conservatives. He signed an extension of the Bush tax cuts (wasn't for it, but signed it). The guy has governed as a moderate Republican.

None of the major pieces of the liberal agenda have been passed. No single payer health care. No public option. No real financial regulation (lol Dodd-Frank). As a liberal, I have been very disappointed with what he has been able to accomplish, and I didn't have unrealistic expectations like some going in. Obama has been far more moderate than I would have anticipated, and he is getting slammed as the second coming of Hugo Chavez? And conservatives wonder why they are painted as racist...

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Well, technically you're just parroting some bullshit someone else said and could never back up either.
No I'm not. I just don't have complete recall of such things. Besides, I don't care if Glob Flys like yourself believe me either.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Sorry, have to ask...

Is Sean Hannity your idea of a news reporter?

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Just came back from watching the show. It's pretty good. It is in no way a partisan hitpiece like what Michael Moore does. It is well done and thorough, all fact, and no birther stuff. I challenge all you liberals to watch it and find fault in the facts presented.

It's mostly a history of Obama's life from his books and people in Obama's life. D'Souza actually talks to many of the people alive that knew Obama and his parents. He uses from what I'm guessing, Obama's own words from his books on tape as well.

I would say that he presents a peek into Obama that no one has ever considered before. The picture he paints is the Obama is anti-colonialist. D'Souza relates to this well being from India, and follows the traces of Obamas past.

Hint...

Remember the number 47544.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:12 AM
And conservatives wonder why they are painted as racist...
Nah... the rednecks and evangelicals hate him for racist reasons, the establishment Republicans hate him because they're not in power, and actual conservatives just want Ron Paul in the White House, tbh... Ron bless

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Is Sean Hannity your idea of a news reporter?
No, but then there are so few news reporters today. Most who call themselves journalists are just partisan hacks.

Hannity is a partisan pundit. not as bad as most, and presents mostly fact, but he still spins. Just not like most do.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:13 AM
It is in no way a partisan hitpiece like what Michael Moore does.
Son, I don't even need to see a frame of the movie to know that it's a partisan hitpiece, tbh...

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
No, but then there are so few news reporters today.

Hannity is a partisan pundit.
Yet you take his words as gospel truth... Ron bless

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Son, I don't even need to see a frame of the movie to know that it's a partisan hitpiece, tbh...

It's likely Fair and Balanced like Fox News, tbh...

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
But it isn't. Liberals would probably enjoy the revelations into his dreams presented from the books. To liberals, the conclusion shown as to what he wants to do to this nation is probably appealing.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
But it isn't. Liberals would probably enjoy the revelations into his dreams presented from the books.

:lmao

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Watch it and see for yourself before laughing in ignorance.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Watch it and see for yourself before laughing in ignorance.

If I want to know any "revelations" from Obama's books, I would read Obama's books. (which I won't be doing either).

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM
To liberals, the conclusion shown as to what he wants to do to this nation is probably appealing.
So it's a partisan hitpiece, then... thanks for clearing that up, B... :lol

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:19 AM
So it's a partisan hitpiece, then... thanks for clearing that up, B... :lol

The timing of the release is purely coincidental too :lol

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM
If I want to know any "revelations" from Obama's books, I would read Obama's books. (which I won't be doing either).
For better or worse, the film mostly shows Obama as an anti-colonialist. On the surface, this is good, and especially to liberals. The conclusions of the film is where liberals might agree, but then again they might not.

I challenge one of you liberals to watch this film and report back.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:22 AM
The timing of the release is purely coincidental too :lol
You can be sure there is no coincidence of the release date. It will strengthen conservatives and what I call true Americans more to turnout and vote for Romney, against Obama, but I have no doubt that some liberals watching this will love Obama even more after seeing this.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:27 AM

Who are you talking to?

You can be sure there is no coincidence of the release date. It will strengthen conservatives and what I call true Americans more to turnout and vote for Romney, against Obama, but I have no doubt that some liberals watching this will love Obama even more after seeing this.

Then the movie is absolutely misleading, seeing the real Obama has been, without a shadow of a doubt, Bush Jr.

Jacob1983
08-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Please leave ALF out of this discussion. ALF did nothing wrong but eat domestic cats or at least attempt to eat domestic cats. ALF > Obama

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Who are you talking to?
Any of you liberals. Seriously, go see it. Not to change your mind, but to see it for the most part, is a true documentary, and you can decide for yourself. The opinionated commentary at the end isn't going to change your mind, unless you learn things you didn't know before that you are strongly against.

Then the movie is absolutely misleading, seeing the real Obama has been, without a shadow of a doubt, Bush Jr.
Please, stop with your ignorant rants. Go see the movie before saying such bullshit.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Any of you liberals.

What do you mean "you liberals"?
Oh wait, you're the guy that thinks he's not republican, but "libertarian"

Never mind :lol

Please, stop with your ignorant rants.

You just described what the movie portrays... Were you lying? Wouldn't be the first time.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:37 AM
As a libertarian (an ACTUAL one, not a Glenn Beck poser such as yourself), I'm hardly one of "you liberals", tbh... Ron bless

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:38 AM
As a libertarian (an ACTUAL one, not a Glenn Beck poser such as yourself), I'm hardly one of "you liberals", tbh... Ron bless

"If you're not with us, you're against us", B... ron bless

Jacob1983
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
I have to agree that Obama is Bush Jr. but Obama's supporters and lovers don't want to accept the fact that their cool hip first gay president is nothing more than a mirror image of evil Hitler dummy Bush.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Fine. As a libertarian, I challenge you to watch the movie, and tell people how I am wrong.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
"If you're not with us, you're against us", B... ron bless
Mission accomplified, y'all....

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
I have to agree that Obama is Bush Jr. but Obama's supporters and lovers don't want to accept the fact that their cool hip first gay president is nothing more than a mirror image of evil Hitler dummy Bush.
Some of his policies do look similar, but look at it from the perspective of Bush desiring war for a different reason than Obama. Notice that they do disagree on the reasons.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Some of his policies do look similar, but look at it from the perspective of Bush desiring war for a different reason than Obama.

You can't honestly be this naive, son...

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:44 AM

I don't even think it's that... the problem is the GOP keeps picking absolute turds... even the base is gonna vote Mitt holding their noses...

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't even think it's that... the problem is the GOP keeps picking absolute turds... even the base is gonna vote Mitt holding their noses...
...or stay home and not vote. The same will happen with Obama. there are so many democrats who will hold their nose if they vote for him too. This is where negative campaigning works. Who can keep the other guys voters home on election day.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
there are so many democrats who will hold their nose if they vote for him too.
Son, I can't remember a candidate who's inspired more contempt and mockery than the thin-skinned tax cheat Willard, tbh... NOBODY likes Willard.... there are actually people who like Obama....

Jacob1983
08-11-2012, 12:49 AM
People just need to wake the fuck up and open their eyes. Obama is Bush. Obama isn't a Muslim, liberal, socialist, communist, African, or the anti-Christ. Obama is a war monger just like Bush.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
...or stay home and not vote. The same will happen with Obama. there are so many democrats who will hold their nose if they vote for him too.

No doubt. The problem is that in order to actually count, you gotta pick one or the other. Partisan hacks like you or Yoni don't matter, because you'll drone your asses an vote for the team. But for independents, and specially people in the center, it's tough. It's right-lite or far-right... especially when Mitt keeps picking crazies out there.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
No doubt. The problem is that in order to actually count, you gotta pick one or the other. Partisan hacks like you or Yoni don't matter, because you'll drone your asses an vote for the team. But for independents, and specially people in the center, it's tough. It's right-lite or far-right... especially when Mitt keeps picking crazies out there.
Son, the solution is to hope Ron Paul da gawd pulls off the upset in Tampa, or to write him in on the ballot.... he's the only centrist candidate in this race - conservative monetary policy, liberal social policy, tbh... Ron bless

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
And you aren't a partisan hack?

Please.... Don't make me laugh.

You're telling people about a film you didn't see, and you are calling me the partisan hack...

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Son, the solution is to hope Ron Paul da gawd pulls off the upset in Tampa, or to write him in on the ballot.... he's the only centrist candidate in this race - conservative monetary policy, liberal social policy, tbh... Ron bless

Ron Paul is toast, tbh... personally, while I do like maybe 80% of what he sells, he has some position off the deep end that completely throw me off... stuff like isolationism or going back to the gold standard...

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Ron Paul is toast, tbh... personally, while I do like maybe 80% of what he sells, he has some position off the deep end that completely throw me off... stuff like isolationism or going back to the gold standard...
He's not an isolationist, he's a non-interventionist, there's a difference... in fact, I'd say the real isolationists are Willard and Obama, two warmongers who will continue to drag our name through the mud abroad with their crap, tbh...

Also, sound money is the future, unless you want endless QE until we eventually reach Weimar status, tbh... (cue Wild Cobra googling "QE" and "Weimar" so he'll have new vocab for his phony Libertarian act)... Ron bless

ElNono
08-11-2012, 12:58 AM
And you aren't a partisan hack?
Please.... Don't make me laugh.

:lol I've never ever voted for a Democrat (or Republican) all my life. I'll likely won't be voting this time either seeing I cannot willingly vote for either of these turds.

You're telling people about a film you didn't see, and you are calling me the partisan hack...

What "people" I'm telling? :lol

You described the film and it's absolutely disconnected with reality (as expected from a political hit piece). Again, were you lying?

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
He's not an isolationist, he's a non-interventionist, there's a difference... in fact, I'd say the real isolationists are Willard and Obama, two warmongers who will continue to drag our name through the mud abroad with their crap, tbh...

Well, I didn't like what he was selling way back when he was selling it. I would have to revisit it. But the next time around, because he ain't going anywhere this cycle.

Also, sound money is the future

I disagree.

Jacob1983
08-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit because they don't go up to your front porch and break down your door. America shouldn't do nation building and bullying countries into submission. That shit always come backs and fucks America in the ass. Wake up, people. And yes, I know Ron Paul is done. He never really had a chance because the people that run America said fuck you to him.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit because they don't go up to your front porch and break down your door. America shouldn't do nation building and bullying countries into submission. That shit always come backs and fucks America in the ass. Wake up, people. And yes, I know Ron Paul is done. He never really had a chance because the people that run America said fuck you to him.

I'm talking about economic policy... IIRC, back then he was talking about no trade agreements, etc... while I do agree that some trade agreements are non-beneficial, not everything falls in that category...

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm talking about economic policy... IIRC, back then he was talking about no trade agreements, etc... while I do agree that some trade agreements are non-beneficial, not everything falls in that category...
Shit like NAFTA doesn't really facilitate free trade and only exists to raise tariffs and allow special interests to have even more influence, tbh...

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:12 AM
You described the film and it's absolutely disconnected with reality (as expected from a political hit piece). Again, were you lying?
No, I'm not lying. It's not disconnected.

The biggest problem anyone has winning against Obama is he is unpredictable. That is until you see him for his anti-colonial thoughts. This documentary brings this into view, like no one has ever seen before. Now I'm even not saying the anti-colonial ideology is wrong. In most ways, it's right. Seriously, you will have a better understanding of the man if you watch and listen to the facts and ignore the opinion parts. the difference of fact and opinion is clearly seen in the film. It isn't a slanderous film like Michael Moore would do.

It is a very well done and insightful film, and his brother George talks like a conservative!

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:19 AM
No, I'm not lying. It's not disconnected.

:lol this is absolutely a disconnect from reality:

For better or worse, the film mostly shows Obama as an anti-colonialist. On the surface, this is good, and especially to liberals.

The biggest problem anyone has winning against Obama is he is unpredictable.

:lol Barry unpredictable. Now I've heard it all.

He's the most predictable guy we've had in years. He'll propose something, chicken out, then proceed to "compromise" by giving up every concession in the book. ACA, debt ceiling, stimulus... all the same shit. And that's why he's right-lite. There's not single thing he didn't cave to the right about.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Shit like NAFTA doesn't really facilitate free trade and only exists to raise tariffs and allow special interests to have even more influence, tbh...

Well, I agree that it's not beneficial especially in times like right now with the unemployment like it is. But not all trade-agreements are that lopsided or inherently bad. You can make agreements where both nations benefit and gives both nations a competitive edge. As a matter of fact, a lot of nations do that, and not doing it can make you less competitive.

Obviously, if there's corruption in the dealings, then all bets are off.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:22 AM
I mean he now predictable in the things he actually does. Not what he lies about.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:24 AM
I mean he now predictable in the things he actually does. Not what he lies about.

Barry is horrible in many aspects, being unpredictable is not it. I would argue that's actually Mitt's problem. Everyone knows Barry, and what he does, for good or bad. Nobody really knows what Mitt is about, but looking at his business side, you gotta suspect he's just as much wheeling and dealing.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Anyways, thanks for reporting about the movie. I'm sure Yoni will be getting his ticket soon.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Anyways, thanks for reporting about the movie. I'm sure Yoni will be getting his ticket soon.
Seriously though, you should go see it for yourself.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Seriously though, you should go see it for yourself.

I get enough partisan bs here, tbh... plus not even a fan of Barry, why would I want to waste my time on that...

SnakeBoy
08-11-2012, 01:36 AM

because he's a moderate. This will be two elections in a row where the GOP has put up one of the most moderate candidates possible. And supposed "independent" Obama voters will claim he's too extreme.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:44 AM
because he's a moderate. This will be two elections in a row where the GOP has put up one of the most moderate candidates possible. And supposed "independent" Obama voters will claim he's too extreme.

I was hoping his "moderate" side would show up at some point. I was on record I would vote for the guy if he was willing to slide the rhetoric to the center a bit and tell me what it's in it for us.

But he's just been doubling down on the neocon right talking points to a T... I don't know if he's too afraid the base won't vote for him or what. He frankly looks like a puppet out there. Maybe his VP pick will let Ryan pander to the right and he can get talking what's he gonna do for the center.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:48 AM
I was hoping his "moderate" side would show up at some point. I was on record I would vote for the guy if he was willing to slide the rhetoric to the center a bit and tell me what it's in it for us.

But he's just been doubling down on the neocon right talking points to a T... I don't know if he's too afraid the base won't vote for him or what. He frankly looks like a puppet out there. Maybe his VP pick will let Ryan pander to the right and he can get talking what's he gonna do for the center.
LOL...

You're saying a neocon isn't moderate?

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:52 AM
You're saying a neocon isn't moderate?

there's nothing that says "moderate" like a word containing "conservative" on it... smh

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 02:03 AM
there's nothing that says "moderate" like a word containing "conservative" on it... smh
The term neocon is laughable. It isn't conservative.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 02:04 AM
The term neocon is laughable. It isn't conservative.

Okay mr libertarian :lol

SnakeBoy
08-11-2012, 02:45 AM

LOL...So if he shifts to the center after the convention (no candidate does it before then) you're giong to vote for Romney? My guess is you'll find a reason to vote for the D.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 03:15 AM
LOL...So if he shifts to the center after the convention (no candidate does it before then) you're giong to vote for Romney? My guess is you'll find a reason to vote for the D.

Not voting for D. Just can't do it. CC won't have to cancel out my vote :lol

Right now, not voting for R either. The election is in 90 days, and at this point I'm starting to think the center won't even be an afterthought. I disagree about waiting until after the convention, BTW. You normally have some sort of idea at this point where this is heading, and if there's anything there for you. I remember even dubya having some BS on healthcare to appeal the center on his website way back when.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2012, 05:22 AM
The picture he paints is the Obama is anti-colonialist. D'Souza relates to this well being from IndiaOK, so explain to all of us why being anti-colonialist is a bad thing. All our founding fathers were anti-colonialist.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
OK, so explain to all of us why being anti-colonialist is a bad thing. All our founding fathers were anti-colonialist.
That's my point. Show me where I said the concept was a bad one. Please note, I have pointed out this isn't a hit piece like everyone assumes.

clambake
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
why should people see a movie thats a hit piece from a mormon?

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
why should people see a movie thats a hit piece from a mormon?

I learn something new every day. I didn't know Dinesh D'Souza was Mormon.

Thanks for the learning experience.
You're a fucking idiot.

leemajors
08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

Umm, the producer:

Molen is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Umm, the producer:

Sure, he was part of the movie, but the movie is by Dinesh D'Souza. D'Souza put together a good team, but it is D'Souza'a movie.

leemajors
08-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Sure, he was part of the movie, but the movie is by Dinesh D'Souza. D'Souza put together a good team, but it is D'Souza'a movie.

Umm, a producer is every bit as important.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:45 PM

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Molen was one of six producers that helped with the project. He also worked on:

2012 2016: Obama's America (documentary) (producer)

2011 Beyond the Blackboard (TV movie) (executive producer)

2003 The Legend of Johnny Lingo (producer)

2002 Minority Report (producer)

2001 The Other Side of Heaven (producer)

2000 The View from the Swing (executive producer)

1997 The Lost World: Jurassic Park (producer)

1996 The Trigger Effect (executive producer)

1996 Twister (executive producer)

1995 Casper (executive producer)

1994 Little Giants (executive producer)

1994 The Little Rascals (executive producer)

1994 The Flintstones (executive producer)

1993 Schindler's List (producer)

1993 Jurassic Park (producer)

1993 A Far Off Place (executive producer)

1991 Hook (producer)

1990 Days of Thunder (executive producer)

1988 Rain Man (co-producer)

1988 Bright Lights, Big City (executive producer)

1987 Batteries not included (associate producer)

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Umm, a producer is every bit as important.
So?

The movie wasn't by Molen.

The movie is by Dinesh D'Souza.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I can't believe you guys are worried about a movie that you say if by a Mormon.

Being against someone for their religion is every bit as bad as racism.

ElNono
08-11-2012, 01:56 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/28tuxw7.jpg

leemajors
08-11-2012, 01:57 PM
So?

The movie wasn't by Molen.

The movie is by Dinesh D'Souza.

So, clambake is not an idiot. Mormons had their hands all over it.

Clipper Nation
08-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Yeah, I can't imagine there'd be an obvious conflict of interest in a Mormon making an anti-Obama movie at the same time as a Mormon running for president against Obama, tbh.... :rolleyes

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 02:08 PM
So, clambake is not an idiot. Mormons had their hands all over it.
No, he is still an idiot. Reciting wikipedia as fact, without verifying...

Here is the source that who ever entered the wiki entry used:

Johnny Lingo remade as major motion picture (http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/44292/Johnny-Lingo-remade-as-major-motion-picture.html); Church News; 9/6/03. Relavant quote:

"The Legend of Johnny Lingo" was co-produced by Jerry Molen and John Garbett, two former Hollywood film makers and members of the Church who believe that virtue is an attractive — albeit forgotten — segment of mainstream entertainment.
The wiki quote says:

Someone could probably find history at some point that I attended a Mormon church, and call me a member. That in no way makes me an active member.

Just how accurate do you think this is? Clambake's response is a cut and paste from wiki, and the person making the entry used opinion not taken from the source. Molen may actually be an active member, but the source material does not say that.

clambake
08-11-2012, 02:08 PM
what a fucking idiot.

leemajors
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
No, he is still an idiot. Reciting wikipedia as fact, without verifying...

Here is the source that who ever entered the wiki entry used:

Johnny Lingo remade as major motion picture (http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/44292/Johnny-Lingo-remade-as-major-motion-picture.html); Church News; 9/6/03. Relavant quote:

The wiki quote says:

Someone could probably find history at some point that I attended a Mormon church, and call me a member. That in no way makes me an active member.

Just how accurate do you think this is? Clambake's response is a cut and paste from wiki, and the person making the entry used opinion not taken from the source. Molen may actually be an active member, but the source material does not say that.

http://i47.tinypic.com/28tuxw7.jpg

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine there'd be an obvious conflict of interest in a Mormon making an anti-Obama movie at the same time as a Mormon running for president against Obama, tbh.... :rolleyes
You too, running your mouth without actually knowing the facts? Just on the hearsay of others?

clambake
08-11-2012, 02:12 PM
this dumbass thinks i cut and pasted, and he's promoting a hit from a mormon.

fucking retarded.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
this dumbass thinks i cut and pasted, and he's promoting a hit from a mormon.

fucking retarded.
You just by chance, typed in exactly, work for word, the wiki entry?

add...

Ooops...

I'm sorry, it's your other internet handle, leemajors, that used the exact wiki quote.

Where did you get your information? Did you check the source?

leemajors
08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
:lmao me and clambake being the same person :lmao

clambake
08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
fucking idiot doesn't know the producer is a mormon.

clambake
08-11-2012, 02:24 PM
why don't you go back to the club and make another pity thread.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 02:33 PM
fucking idiot doesn't know the producer is a mormon.
You are the idiot. I said no such thing. The movie is not by Molen. The movie is by D'Souza. That is the important distinction.

Why don't you understand that? Do you know the role of a producer? I suggest you look that up instead of continuing your ignorant rant. A producer is brought in to deliver the film project of someones story to completion and manage the financial aspects. Now it can be their story, or someone elses, and in this case, it's D'Souza's.

The movie was directed and written by Dinesh D'Souza. Molen was one of six producers.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 02:35 PM
:lmao me and clambake being the same person :lmao
I'm sorry. I'll admit to playfully covering my mistake of attributing your cut and paste to Calmboy.

Sorry for the insult.

clambake
08-11-2012, 02:35 PM
i have forgotten more about film making than you will ever know.

Stringer_Bell
08-11-2012, 03:11 PM

That was pretty brutal on the senses, especially the part where the robot voice mentioned that our founders had a dream for America to expand so as to help liberty expand. I highly doubt they envisioned the Vietnam/Iraq/Afghan wars or Wall Street running amok to be part of that dream. It is beyond me that anyone can claim America has NOT overstepped the boundaries of self-preservation into the land of selfish exceptionalism. We have no business doing a lot of the stupid shit we do around the world and in our own communities (pimping out other countries and our own inner-cities), and if scaling back on the stupidity means we're not "#1" in the world then so be it. If we're gonna be #1 at anything, let it be #1 in education, affordable healthcare, and the preservation of our lands. But obviously, that's not what this country is about so I dunno why the white people/conservatives are sooooo scared of Obama since he's only doing more of the same that GW did. It IS racism fueling these criticisms, no doubt.

Spurminator
08-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Damn, that guy produced some absolute shit heaps after Schindler's List. No wonder that's the one called out in the preview.

"From the Producer of The Flintstones and the Jurassic Park sequel" probably wouldn't appeal as much.

Or I could be wrong, considering this film's audience.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2012, 03:57 PM
You gotta be shitting me. I'm rarely offended, except by extreme and blatant stupidity.That was pretty brutal on the senses, especially the part where the robot voice mentioned that our founders had a dream for America to expand so as to help liberty expand.
That "robot voice" is the voice of Dinesh D'Souza.

I highly doubt they envisioned the Vietnam/Iraq/Afghan wars or Wall Street running amok to be part of that dream.

I agree.

It is beyond me that anyone can claim America has NOT overstepped the boundaries of self-preservation into the land of selfish exceptionalism. We have no business doing a lot of the stupid shit we do around the world and in our own communities (pimping out other countries and our own inner-cities),
Yes, we have those elected in high places that do just that. I think you would agree that looking at candidates hard, instead of the sound bites we are exposed to is important. Would you agree that if a voter is not properly informed, they should not vote? How else would you fix that?

and if scaling back on the stupidity means we're not "#1" in the world then so be it. If we're gonna be #1 at anything, let it be #1 in education, affordable healthcare, and the preservation of our lands.

Does your claim of stupidity include ousting the Libyan the head of state, but not the ones in Syria or Iran when they are worse? Also supporting the efforts in Egypt, but not more radical places?

But obviously, that's not what this country is about so I dunno why the white people/conservatives are sooooo scared of Obama since he's only doing more of the same that GW did. It IS racism fueling these criticisms, no doubt.

It appears the same, but it's not. The reasons are different.

Whites...

Are you making this a racist thing? If so, shame on you.

Watch the film and see if you agree or not as to why I say the reasons are different. It will be $10 well spent.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2012, 02:20 AM
So has anyone else watched this yet?

SnakeBoy
08-13-2012, 03:06 AM
So has anyone else watched this yet?

I made it to the 17 second mark of the trailer. Does that count?

Wild Cobra
08-13-2012, 03:12 AM
I made it to the 17 second mark of the trailer. Does that count?
Of course not.

It really is an interesting flick. Not as partisan, and not a hit piece like the leftist media makes it out to be. It isn't kind to Obama in some ways, but it wouldn't call it a hit piece.

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 08:12 PM
FIRST BOX OFFICE: Anti-Obama Movie #1 (http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/first-box-office-anti-obama-movie-1/)

FRIDAY 2 PM: The anti-Obama movie 2016 Obama’s America went into wider release around America today and is opening right now in first place at the domestic box office. That’s quite a feat since the Rocky Mountain Pictures political documentary is still playing in only 1,090 North American theaters – or about 1/3 as many theaters as big-budget actioner The Expendables 2 (3,355 theaters)...
I saw it today. There was nothing in the movie new to me but, Dinesh D'Souza does a pretty good job of telling the story of Obama's principle influences, from childhood to present.

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
FIRST BOX OFFICE: Anti-Obama Movie #1 (http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/first-box-office-anti-obama-movie-1/)
Wow...

What a liar, as in the person who wrote that piece.

Good to see it's picking up traction.

Have you seen it yet?

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I keep hearing how this movie shows what obama 'wants to do'... assuming it is as dire as your nuts claimn for it to be, what is his motive to do this? He can only serve 8 yrs...so.... what does he get out of it? SInce you guys claim to know 'what he wants to do' then fill us in as to why?

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I keep hearing how this movie shows what obama 'wants to do'... assuming it is as dire as your nuts claimn for it to be, what is his motive to this? He can only serve 8 yrs...so....
Go see the movie.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Go see the movie.

so you don't know... and the movie never fills this part of the story in..shocking

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 08:22 PM
so you don't know... and the movie never fills this part of the story in..shocking
No, I don't want to have a discussion, about the movie, with someone who hasn't seen it and will just spend the next 15 pages talking out his ass.

The movie makes it pretty clear what are Obama's intentions.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
No, I don't want to have a discussion, about the movie, with someone who hasn't seen it and will just spend the next 15 pages talking out his ass.

The movie makes it pretty clear what are Obama's intentions.

ok, so the movie does not tell us why..but,but,but he wants to change the country...why? we don't know...lol

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM

ok, so the movie does not tell us why..but,but,but he wants to change the country...why? we don't know...lol
Remain ignorant, it matters little to me.

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
What else do you expect from George?

His masters told him not to see it, that it's only a hit piece, so he won't.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM

this movie is for people like you... who don't like him and will believe anything because of it.... ignorant..lol

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 08:31 PM
this movie is for people like you... who don't like him and will believe anything because of it.... ignorant..lol
You are just talking out your ass. The movie was well done, and is an actual documentary. It shows insights about Obama from where he lived, interviews with people, and passages from his books.

Liberals may watch the movie and actually like him better after seeing it.

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 08:33 PM
"Love him, hate him, you don't know him," seems like a tag line for everyone. What's the matter, afraid something will rub off on you, like the truth?

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
You are just talking out your ass. The movie was well done, and is an actual documentary. It shows insights about Obama from where he lived, interviews with people, and passages from his books.

Liberals may watch the movie and actually like him better after seeing it.

I'm still waiting for the documentary discussing how many people the Clintons killed... 'actual documentary, lol

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 08:36 PM
"Love him, hate him, you don't know him," seems like a tag line for everyone. What's the matter, afraid something will rub off on you, like the truth?
He can't handle the truth, but we already know that.

George...

I forgot to say, there is no "birther" talk. When it comes to him being born in Hawaii, it says his birth was reported in two newspapers.

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm still waiting for the documentary discussing how many people the Clintons killed... 'actual documentary, lol
There never will be, because none of them are alive to talk.

You need to ask Mouse or Cosmored to get on that one.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:37 PM

I don't love or hate the guy... you have crossed the line of hating him..into the delusional/conspiracy phase... there is no logical explanation as to why Obama wants to make these 'changes'... he gets nothing out of it yet your side claims he wants to do it...it's ridiculous..

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't love or hate the guy... you have crossed the line of hating him..into the delusional/conspiracy phase... there is no logical explanation as to why Obama wants to make these 'changes'... he gets nothing out of it yet your side claims he wants to do it...it's ridiculous..

Well, I used to really hate the guy. I understand him better after seeing the film, and now that I understand him, most the hate has gone away. I still hate his political positions though, but now, at least, I understand him.

George Gervin's Afro
08-24-2012, 08:52 PM
:lol Yes I'm sure you went into a Michael Moore movie with a completely open mind.

I have not seen it. But I've read Dinesh D'Sousa before and got a good enough idea from the trailer that this is just pablum for the people who get some weird sadistic pleasure out of thinking Barack Obama is ushering in the apocalypse.

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Okay.

Spurminator
08-24-2012, 10:23 PM
What else do you expect from George?

His masters told him not to see it, that it's only a hit piece, so he won't.

How many Michael Moore movies did you go see?

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 11:04 PM
How many Michael Moore movies did you go see?
Two too many.

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Two too many.

Make it three too many.

I've seen Fahrenheit 911, Bowling for Columbine, Roger and Me, and Canadian Bacon.

He should stick to calling his work fiction. Canadian Bacon was great!

If you have Netflix, click here:

Fahrenhype 911 (http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/FahrenHYPE_9_11/70012600?trkid=2361637)

Clipper Nation
08-24-2012, 11:26 PM

Do you and WC ever plan on actually defending your ignorant neocon views with proof, or are you two just always going to blurt out crybaby shit like this whenever those views are questioned?

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Do you and WC ever plan on actually defending your ignorant neocon views with proof, or are you two just always going to blurt out crybaby shit like this whenever those views are questioned?
I don't have neocon views. I don't believe in making the world one with western values.

Yonivore
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
There's been no views expressed to question. He's not even willing to see the movie.

Clipper Nation
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't have neocon views. I don't believe in making the world one with western values.

Yet you still get pissy and defensive whenever anyone criticizes the undeclared war in Iraq....

ElNono
08-24-2012, 11:58 PM
BTW, good review (http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/08/24/2016-obamas-america-well-produced-effective-political-propaganda-faithful) of the movie by a Mitt Romney fan...

Wild Cobra
08-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Yet you still get pissy and defensive whenever anyone criticizes the undeclared war in Iraq....
I was in the military supporting Desert Storm just over 20 years ago, working at a communications site with hotlines to the United States European Command. I have a very different outlook of the need to do what we did than most have.

Wild Cobra
08-25-2012, 12:06 AM
BTW, good review (http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/08/24/2016-obamas-america-well-produced-effective-political-propaganda-faithful) of the movie by a Mitt Romney fan...

Yes, but his usage of "polemic" is incorrect. I disagree with his first two paragraph as related to the movie.

In the next to last paragraph, he improperly interprets what the film says. The film clearly states the idea Obama has of his father is from his mother.

ElNono
08-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes, but his usage of "polemic" is incorrect. I disagree with his first two paragraph as related to the movie.

In the next to last paragraph, he improperly interprets what the film says. The film clearly states the idea Obama has of his father is from his mother.

You should write your own review and submit it...

Wild Cobra
08-25-2012, 12:11 AM
You should write your own review and submit it...
No. I'll just ask that you go see it instead.

Is it too much to ask? I watched Michal Moore-ons movies, to see what was being said.

ElNono
08-25-2012, 12:12 AM
No. I'll just ask that you go see it instead.

Is it too much to ask? I watched Michal Moore-ons movies, to see what was being said.

I get enough political propaganda here... as I said before, I didn't waste my time with Game Change, not going to waste my time with this... What you do with your time is up to you, tbh...

Wild Cobra
08-25-2012, 12:17 AM
I get enough political propaganda here... as I said before, I didn't waste my time with Game Change, not going to waste my time with this... What you do with your time is up to you, tbh...
This isn't like other political documentaries. It really does allow you to understand Obama better.

Seriously. I can see those who like Obama leaving with a greater respect of him after watching it. There are no dirty little lies or secrets revealed. We already have heard about his unscrupulous ties like Wright, Ayres, etc.

For the right, know your enemy. For the left, know your friend.

ElNono
08-25-2012, 12:20 AM
This isn't like other political documentaries. It really does allow you to understand Obama better.

I'm not a fan of Barry, and if I wanted to know him better, there's a few books I could pick up and read coming straight from the horse's mouth. I don't need a third party to tell me some narrative.

But I'm not interested in Barry at all, so I won't be picking up the books either.

ElNono
08-25-2012, 12:23 AM
For the right, know your enemy. For the left, know your friend.

How about libertarians? crofl

Jacob1983
08-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Ghetto ass Cinemark in McKinney finally got this movie. I'm just curious to know how tickets have been sold at the ghetto ass Cinemark in McKinney for this movie. I just want to know who's dying to see this piece of shit documentary.

DMX7
08-25-2012, 08:03 AM
There never will be, because none of them are alive to talk.

You need to ask Mouse or Cosmored to get on that one.

You are so stupid -- it must hurt.

DMX7
08-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Ghetto ass Cinemark in McKinney finally got this movie. I'm just curious to know how tickets have been sold at the ghetto ass Cinemark in McKinney for this movie. I just want to know who's dying to see this piece of shit documentary.

"Documentary" does not accurately describe whatever this is.

The republicans have basically created a fictional president to run against. The birth certificate thing hurt them hard, so they're still kind of in denial about that. I'm honestly surprised so man of them have accepted Bin Laden's death with such little evidence publicly available.

Drachen
08-25-2012, 09:14 AM
:lol this is absolutely a disconnect from reality:

:lol Barry unpredictable. Now I've heard it all.

He's the most predictable guy we've had in years. He'll propose something, chicken out, then proceed to "compromise" by giving up every concession in the book. ACA, debt ceiling, stimulus... all the same shit. And that's why he's right-lite. There's not single thing he didn't cave to the right about.

This.

Also, LOL anti-colonial on one hand, complain about messing around in libya on the other.

Yonivore
08-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm not a fan of Barry, and if I wanted to know him better, there's a few books I could pick up and read coming straight from the horse's mouth. I don't need a third party to tell me some narrative.
Are you talking about his fictional autobiographies?

But I'm not interested in Barry at all, so I won't be picking up the books either.
And, that's how we end up with one of the most disastrous presidencies in the history of the union.

Vici
08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I was in the military supporting Desert Storm just over 20 years ago, working at a communications site with hotlines to the United States European Command. I have a very different outlook of the need to do what we did than most have.

lol I love shit like this. Both my parents were officers in that war (Major and Lt. Colonel), my uncle was a general working at the Pentagon, all three of them have a different view than you... but then again I'm sure you were privy to information that they weren't because your position was special...

Bill_Brasky
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
If you saw this or paid attention to this obvious distraction, you are just the worst kind of person.

Yonivore
08-25-2012, 10:54 AM
If you saw this or paid attention to this obvious distraction, you are just the worst kind of person.
How so? And, if you haven't seen it, how are you able to characterize it as a distraction -- or, as anything, for that matter?

ElNono
08-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Are you talking about his fictional autobiographies?

As opposed to a tale from a third party playing futurology?

Yeah, I'll take the fictional autobiography. At least that's coming from him.

And, that's how we end up with one of the most disastrous presidencies in the history of the union.

I disagree. I blame the irrational waterboys like you that follow the strict line the team draws for them, and end up picking guys like Barry or Mitt, who are simply unelectable for non-party people like me.

George Gervin's Afro
08-25-2012, 12:20 PM
I guess micheal moore needs to produce a dcoumentary to tell us how republicans think and where they came from

Spurminator
08-25-2012, 04:36 PM
And, if you haven't seen it, how are you able to characterize it as a distraction -- or, as anything, for that matter?

If you know who Dinesh D'Sousa is, you probably have a good idea of what to expect.

DarrinS
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Have not seen it -- not going to see it

4down
08-25-2012, 08:58 PM

Jacob1983
08-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Well, I guess some people are seeing it because it got 4th place on Friday.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Well, I guess some people are seeing it because it got 4th place on Friday.
For it to get 4th, a lot of liberals ware watching it too I bet, and like it. Telling their friends.

George Gervin's Afro
08-26-2012, 08:44 AM
For it to get 4th, a lot of liberals ware watching it too I bet, and like it. Telling their friends.

or it's the same people who buy hannity/levin books

Yonivore
08-26-2012, 10:23 AM
If you know who Dinesh D'Sousa is, you probably have a good idea of what to expect.
Really what would that be?

Yonivore
08-26-2012, 10:35 AM
As opposed to a tale from a third party playing futurology?

Yeah, I'll take the fictional autobiography. At least that's coming from him.
Reminds me of that old joke, "Lie to me, Pinnochio, lie to me!"

I disagree. I blame the irrational waterboys like you that follow the strict line the team draws for them, and end up picking guys like Barry or Mitt, who are simply unelectable for non-party people like me.
Non-party. You may not be pro-Democrat but, you're most certainly anti-Republican.

If you were truly one of the moderates, one of the independents, one of those who identifies with neither of the major parties, I would think you would want to consume whatever is available to help inform your position on the only two people who are electable on November 6.

You obviously only consume that which paints Romney in a bad light. Own your liberalism, ElNono.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Reminds me of that old joke, "Lie to me, Pinnochio, lie to me!"

"Lie to me D'Souza" doesn't sound any more appealing, tbh.

Non-party. You may not be pro-Democrat but, you're most certainly anti-Republican.

I think CC illustrated pretty well the sad state of the GOP. I'm not anti-Republican, I'm anti extremist. It's unfortunate that's what the GOP is mainly made of these days.

If you were truly one of the moderates, one of the independents, one of those who identifies with neither of the major parties, I would think you would want to consume whatever is available to help inform your position on the only two people who are electable on November 6.

I've had a sampling of Barry for 4 years... I have a pretty good idea who and what he is. That's why I can't cast a vote for him. The only novelty here is really Romney, and he hasn't earned my vote either.

:cry :cry :cryYou obviously only consume that which paints Romney in a bad light.:cry :cry :cry

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Really what would that be?

Pablum for people like you, of course.

Are you really going to try to say this is an even-handed, non-partisan movie? Next you'll be telling us to withhold judgment on the latest Ann Coulter book before reading it.

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Yes, this is certainly an underground sensation that will mark a complete shift in political momentum as millions of liberal sheep suddenly awaken from their haze of Obama Obsession thanks to a brilliantly rational call to sanity orchestrated by noted moderate independent Dinesh D'Sousa.

By the way, it's looking like it's going to be closer to 8th.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

jack sommerset
08-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Movie picking up some steam. God bless

Box Office Report: Anti-Obama Doc Beats New Films With $6.3 Mil on Eve of GOP Convention

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-report-anti-obama-doc-beats-films-161221160.html

clambake
08-26-2012, 01:17 PM
going to see a mormon movie.

your god won't like that, jack.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 01:17 PM
By the way, it's looking like it's going to be closer to 8th.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
Not bad considering they aren't playing everywhere. Almost 1/2 the sales of #1 with less then 1/3rd the venues.

That 4th place could be in the cities it's showing in. Of course they don't place in cities not showing it.

Yonivore
08-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Pablum for people like you, of course.
How would you know?

Are you really going to try to say this is an even-handed, non-partisan movie? Next you'll be telling us to withhold judgment on the latest Ann Coulter book before reading it.
The question should be, is it factual and does it draw a fair conclusion?

I think it is and it does.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 01:51 PM
going to see a mormon movie.

your god won't like that, jack.
Why do you call it a Mormon movie? It isn't you know.

Yonivore
08-26-2012, 01:53 PM
"Lie to me D'Souza" doesn't sound any more appealing, tbh.
What are his lies?

I think CC illustrated pretty well the sad state of the GOP. I'm not anti-Republican, I'm anti extremist. It's unfortunate that's what the GOP is mainly made of these days.
The "GOP is extreme" narrative finally reached your inbox.

What's extreme about the GOP platform this year?

I've had a sampling of Barry for 4 years... I have a pretty good idea who and what he is. That's why I can't cast a vote for him. The only novelty here is really Romney, and he hasn't earned my vote either.
Then, I hope you simply stay away from the polls.

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 02:05 PM
How would you know?

Because it was written by a professional conservative pundit and has been marketed almost exclusively on conservative radio and websites.

The question should be, is it factual and does it draw a fair conclusion?

I think it is and it does.

Then the film achieved its goal with you, the target audience. Like I said. Pablum.

It's okay. Movies are for entertainment. Some people are willing to pay $10-$12 to have their biases and fears fostered on a big screen with dozens of other likeminded people.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:14 PM
It's okay. Movies are for entertainment. Some people are willing to pay $10-$12 to have their biases and fears fostered on a big screen with dozens of other likeminded people.
Some people's biases like yours means you don't need to seek the truth.

Yonivore
08-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Because it was written by a professional conservative pundit and has been marketed almost exclusively on conservative radio and websites.
That doesn't mean it's full of lies.

Then the film achieved its goal with you, the target audience. Like I said. Pablum.

And, documentaries inform.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:18 PM
What are his lies?

Futurology

The "GOP is extreme" narrative finally reached your inbox. What's extreme about the GOP platform this year?

It started way before this year... but this platform doubles-down on the same idiocy: attempting to impose their clerical bullshit on everyone else as far as same-sex marriage and abortion is concerned, more trickle-down economics, shredding the safety nets, more money to the MIC, the irrational stance that tax cuts is all that matters.

What I'd like Mitt to talk about in order to get my vote would have to include: when Gitmo is going to be closed, where does Mitt stands on assassination of americans by executive order, when are we pulling the fuck out of Afghanistan, when does he stand on the massive spying of americans, what is he going to do to get Congress working again if he can't have a majority on both chambers...

But none of these topics are seemingly nearly as important as "lets beat that muslim negro! rah rah rah!"

Then, I hope you simply stay away from the polls.

Well, I said I can't willingly vote for either, and nothing has changed so far.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Futurology

LOL...

That's the big lie?

An opinion?

Do you even know what the end of story is?

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:23 PM
An opinion?

Isn't that what other directors like Michael Moore does, express his opinion?

Looks like it bothers you a great deal in that case.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Do you even know what the end of story is?

This is where "2016: Obama’s America" switches into high polemic/propaganda mode. In the final third or so of the film, the filmmakers opine that Obama shares his father’s more radical political beliefs. As evidence, they point to many of his admitted political mentors, including the late communist journalist Frank Marshall Davis, the liberation theology minister, Jeremiah Wright, the late anti-Israel/Western academic Edward Said, unrepentent ’60s terrorist-turned-academic Bill Ayers, and others. As a result, the film argues that President Obama wants to significantly reduce the U.S.’s influence within the world while increasing the influence of nations that he believes have suffered or been held back economically or militarily due to U.S. and western dominance. To argue his case, D’Souza interviews conservative scholars, including Shelby Steele and Daniel Pipes. He also interviews several leftist academics who echo the anti-colonial views that he believes Obama learned from his father and mentors.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:26 PM
It's not that complicated... if Barry wanted to do that, he had full control of Congress to do so... these 4 years are simply a much better barometer of who Barry is... IMO

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Isn't that what other directors like Michael Moore does, express his opinion?

Looks like it bothers you a great deal in that case.
OMG...

What Moore does is flat out like about facts.

There are no lies in 2016. I challenge you to watch it and point any out I missed.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:28 PM
OMG...

2016 was a movie made for you and Yoni. It's only obvious you'll like it. We understand.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:29 PM
This is where "2016: Obama’s America" switches into high polemic/propaganda mode. In the final third or so of the film, the filmmakers opine that Obama shares his father’s more radical political beliefs. As evidence, they point to many of his admitted political mentors, including the late communist journalist Frank Marshall Davis, the liberation theology minister, Jeremiah Wright, the late anti-Israel/Western academic Edward Said, unrepentent ’60s terrorist-turned-academic Bill Ayers, and others. As a result, the film argues that President Obama wants to significantly reduce the U.S.’s influence within the world while increasing the influence of nations that he believes have suffered or been held back economically or militarily due to U.S. and western dominance. To argue his case, D’Souza interviews conservative scholars, including Shelby Steele and Daniel Pipes. He also interviews several leftist academics who echo the anti-colonial views that he believes Obama learned from his father and mentors.
And because of someone elses take on it, you know the facts.

The Frank Davis is the one that surprised me. We all know he had dealings with these people, more than just knowing them.

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Some people's biases like yours means you don't need to seek the truth.

I know where not to seek "the truth" from.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:31 PM
And because of someone elses take on it, you know the facts.

The Frank Davis is the one that surprised me. We all know he had dealings with these people, more than just knowing them.

Thanks for confirming that's exactly what the movie portrays... I can't agree with D'Souza's futurology however, in light of the past 4 years... as I've said before, complete disconnect.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for confirming that's exactly what the movie portrays... I can't agree with D'Souza's futurology however, in light of the past 4 years... as I've said before, complete disconnect.
Well, I find it ironic that you are so informed of something you didn't see. You read other peoples propaganda, then call it propaganda.

Hilarious.

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 02:35 PM
That doesn't mean it's full of lies.

I didn't say it was full of lies. But I know it's going to take selective information and make lofty assumptions meant to give people like you a comforting scare that helps to justify the hours you spend every day convincing yourselves that the Other Team is destroying the country and you're on the side who can see them for what they are.

And, documentaries inform.

Yeah, and so does the prime time lineup on Fox "News." At least it's free.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Well, I find it ironic that you are so informed of something you didn't see.

It's a movie... synopsis weren't invented with this film, tbh

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:40 PM
It's a movie... synopsis weren't invented with this film, tbh
How often are the film critics and synopses correct?

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 02:46 PM
What's hilarious is that you guys so desperately need validation from non-conservatives... There's obviously some part of you that knows you spent money on partisan bubblegum but you think if a few liberals say "You know, it was actually pretty decent and made a lot of good points," you can convince yourself that this is somehow different than your average liberal documentary that you guys so hyperbolically railed against back when Michael Moore was still relevant.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Are you saying the things that Obama writes in his books referring to Davis, are incorrect?

Are you saying that Obama is lying?

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:49 PM
What's hilarious is that you guys so desperately need validation from non-conservatives... There's obviously some part of you that knows you spent money on partisan bubblegum but you think if a few liberals say "You know, it was actually pretty decent and made a lot of good points," you can convince yourself that this is somehow different than your average liberal documentary that you guys so hyperbolically railed against when Michael Moore was still relevant.
It's not that at all.

I find it childish that we conservatives will actually watch works by the likes of Moore, but that liberals are afraid to watch conservative works. Especially when one has actually documentary components, and Moore's is all based of twisted facts, where he uses facts and doesn't flat out lie.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
How often are the film critics and synopses correct?

criticism and synopsis are two different things...

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:54 PM
criticism and synopsis are two different things...
Yes, but both are limited and colored by the person writing it.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:54 PM
What's hilarious is that you guys so desperately need validation from non-conservatives... There's obviously some part of you that knows you spent money on partisan bubblegum but you think if a few liberals say "You know, it was actually pretty decent and made a lot of good points," you can convince yourself that this is somehow different than your average liberal documentary that you guys so hyperbolically railed against back when Michael Moore was still relevant.

Spot on... what's clear is that it worked exceptionally well with it's intended audience... D'Souza certainly deserves credit for that.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes, but both are limited and colored by the person writing it.

synopsis are a description. They don't intend to provide any 'color'.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:56 PM
I find it childish that we conservatives will actually watch works by the likes of Moore

Whose fault is that? :lol

The next Moore movie I watch will be the first one, tbh

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Do you realize that the synopsis you read does not say that this information was taken out of Obama's own books?

Obama himself was the reader you the audio versions of his books. They play that audio as well.

None of this was made up.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:57 PM
synopsis are a description. They don't intend to provide any 'color'.
Yet they do. Often by conveniently leaving out facts.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Do you realize that the synopsis you read does not say that this information was taken out of Obama's own books?

My previous quote was a critique, not a synopsis.

Synopsis for the movie are available too, in the usual movie places, and I've read them too.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Yet they do. Often by conveniently leaving out facts.

I'm not discussing this with you. You apparently can't distinguish between synopsis and critique.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Whose fault is that? :lol

The next Moore movie I watch will be the first one, tbh
Then watch Canadian Bacon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109370/). It's actually funny.

More funny than what you think is funny by leaving out the context of my sentence. I'll call that childish too.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't watch political hit pieces...

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't watch political hit pieces...
Canadian Bacon is a comedy. He does a good job with fictional comedy.

John Candy, Alan Alda...

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I find it childish that we conservatives will actually watch works by the likes of Moore, but that liberals are afraid to watch conservative works. Especially when one has actually documentary components, and Moore's is all based of twisted facts, where he uses facts and doesn't flat out lie.

I would assume some conservatives saw Michael Moore's more successful films given how well they did at the box office, but let's not act like you guys all went to the movies with an open mind hoping for a balanced and educational documentary.

And let me know when you see a liberal group organizing letter-writing campaigns to keep 2016 out of theaters, or filing FEC complaints to keep ads for 2016 off the air prior to party conventions and an election.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Canadian Bacon is a comedy. He does a good job with fictional comedy.

John Candy, Alan Alda...

5.8 on imdb... pass...

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I would assume some conservatives saw Michael Moore's more successful films given how well they did at the box office, but let's not act like you guys all went to the movies with an open mind hoping for a balanced and educational documentary.

And let me know when you see a liberal group organizing letter-writing campaigns to keep 2016 out of theaters, or filing FEC complaints to keep ads for 2016 off the air prior to party conventions and an election.
The problem was Moore mislabeling his lies and documentaries.

Show me a lie in 2016.

What about the Hillary movie getting hammered?

ElNono
08-26-2012, 03:04 PM

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
5.8 on imdb... pass...
Batman Forever got 5.4.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Batman Forever got 5.4.

Yeah, didn't watch

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, didn't watch
Considering 1995 is probably older than IMDB, I wouldn't go by their ratings.

I suppose when a movie critic tells you a movie is thumbs down, you don't watch it either.

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 03:12 PM
The problem was Moore mislabeling his lies and documentaries.

Right...

Show me a lie in 2016.

Why do you keep coming back to this? Who said there were any outright lies? I'm sure it's a painstakingly sourced film, but those sources are used to make assumptions that are colored by a comically incredulous view of Obama.

"Name any lie in the movie" is the same thing NBADan used to say when people told him Fahrenheit 9/11 was nothing more than a liberal hit piece exploiting people's comically incredulous view of Bush.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Considering 1995 is probably older than IMDB, I wouldn't go by their ratings.

I suppose when a movie critic tells you a movie is thumbs down, you don't watch it either.

Not really... but imdb does have a public voting system, that beats any individual critic, IMO.

I've seen my good share of turd movies regardless... unfortunately, movies have largely shifted into the horror crap, and good flicks are hard to come by these days...

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Right...

Why do you keep coming back to this? Who said there were any outright lies? I'm sure it's a painstakingly sourced film, but those sources are used to make assumptions that are colored by a comically incredulous view of Obama.

"Name any lie in the movie" is the same thing NBADan used to say when people told him Fahrenheit 9/11 was nothing more than a liberal hit piece exploiting people's comically incredulous view of Bush.
LOL...

There are plenty of lies and deceptions in Fahrenheit 911.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Not really... but imdb does have a public voting system, that beats any individual critic, IMO.

I've seen my good share of turd movies regardless... unfortunately, movies have largely shifted into the horror crap, and good flicks are hard to come by these days...
Well, if you like comedy, watch Canadian bacon if you have a chance.

Actually...

Looks like the whole thing is here:

11rg5tF4f4A

Spurminator
08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
LOL...

There are plenty of lies and deceptions in Fahrenheit 911.

I'll have to take your word for it. I don't care. That movie wasn't made for me and neither is this one.

ElNono
08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
^ thanks

clambake
08-26-2012, 03:34 PM
i don't know much about mormonism. are there any mormon restrictions on when this movie can be shown?

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2012, 12:39 PM
FACT CHECK: Anti-Obama film muddy on facts

By BETH FOUHY
Associated Press

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CVN_2016_OBAMAS_AMERICA_FACT_CHECK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-28-03-20-56
WASHINGTON (AP) -- "2016: Obama's America," a new conservative film exploring the roots of President Barack Obama's political views, took in $6.2 million to make it one of the highest-grossing movies of last weekend. The film, written and narrated by conservative scholar Dinesh D'Souza, argues that Obama was heavily influenced by what D'Souza calls the "anti-colonial" beliefs of his father, Barack Obama Sr., a Kenyan academic who was largely absent from the president's life.

To document that claim, D'Souza travels to Kenya to interview members of Obama's extended family as well as to Hawaii and Indonesia, where Obama grew up. He also cites several actions and policy positions Obama has taken to support the thesis that Obama is ideologically rooted in the Third World and harbors contempt for the country that elected him its first black president.

The assertion that Obama's presidency is an expression of his father's political beliefs, which D'Souza first made in 2010 in his book "The Roots of Obama's Rage," is almost entirely subjective and a logical stretch at best.

It's true that Obama's father lived most of his life in Kenya, an African nation once colonized by the British, and that Obama's reverence for his absent father frames his best-selling memoir. D'Souza even sees clues in the book's title: "Notice it says `Dreams From My Father,' not `of' my father," D'Souza says.
But it's difficult to see how Obama's political leanings could have been so directly shaped by his father, as D'Souza claims. The elder Obama left his wife and young son, the future president, when Obama was 2 and visited his son only once, when Obama was 10. But D'Souza frames that loss as an event that reinforced rather than weakened the president's ties to his father, who died in a car crash when Obama was in college.

D'Souza interviews Paul Vitz, a New York University psychologist who has studied the impact of absent fathers on children. In Obama's case, Vitz says, the abandonment meant "he has the tension between the Americanism and his Africanism. He himself is an intersection of major political forces in his own psychology."

From there, the evidence D'Souza uses to support his assertion starts to grow thin.

D'Souza says Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, shared his father's left-leaning views. After living in Indonesia for several years, D'Souza said, Dunham sent the younger Obama to live with his grandparents in Hawaii so he would not be influenced by her second husband, Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian who worked for American oil companies and fought communists as a member of the Indonesian army.

"Ann separates Barry from Lolo's growing pro-Western influence," D'Souza says in the film. Obama has said his mother had sent him back to Hawaii so he would be educated in the United States.

In Hawaii, D'Souza asserts with no evidence, Obama sympathized with native Hawaiians who felt they had been marginalized by the American government when Hawaii was becoming a state. D'Souza also asserts - again with no evidence - that Obama had been coached to hold those views at Punahou, the prestigious prep school he attended in Honolulu.

"Oppression studies, if you will. Obama got plenty of that when he was here in Punahou," D'Souza says, standing on the campus.

In Kenya, D'Souza interviews Philip Ochieng, a lifelong friend of the president's father, who claims the elder Obama was "totally anti-colonial." Ochieng also discloses some of his own political views, complaining about U.S. policy in Afghanistan and Iraq and saying the U.S. refuses to "tame" Israel, which he calls a "Trojan horse in the Middle East." D'Souza seems to suggest that if a onetime friend of Obama's late father holds those opinions, so too must the president himself.D'Souza then goes through a list of actions Obama has taken as president to support his thesis. Many of them don't hold water:

- D'Souza rightly argues that the national debt has risen to $16 trillion under Obama. But he never mentions the explosion of debt that occurred under Obama's predecessor, Republican George W. Bush, nor the 2008 global financial crisis that provoked a shock to the U.S. economy.

- D'Souza says Obama is "weirdly sympathetic to Muslim jihadists" in Afghanistan and Pakistan. He does not mention that Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama bin Laden and the drone strikes that have killed dozens of terrorists in the region.

-D'Souza wrongly claims that Obama wants to return control of the Falkland Islands from Britain to Argentina. The U.S. refused in April to endorse a final declaration on Argentina's claim to the islands at the Summit of the Americas, provoking criticism from other Latin American nations.

-D'Souza says Obama has "done nothing" to impede Iran's nuclear ambitions, despite the severe trade and economic sanctions his administration has imposed on Iran to halt its suspected nuclear program. Obama opposes a near-term military strike on Iran, either by the U.S. or Israel, although he says the U.S. will never tolerate a nuclear-armed Iran.

- D'Souza says Obama removed a bust of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill from the Oval Office because Churchill represented British colonialism. White House curator William Allman said the bust, which had been on loan, was already scheduled to be returned before Obama took office. Another bust of Churchill is on display in the president's private residence, the White House says.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CVN_2016_OBAMAS_AMERICA_FACT_CHECK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-28-03-20-56

Wait a minute, this film is factually challenged?

Bartleby
08-28-2012, 01:30 PM
"D'Souza even sees clues in the book's title: "Notice it says `Dreams From My Father,' not `of' my father," D'Souza says."

:lol Dreams of my Father would have been a stupid title.

Bartleby
08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
dbl post

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
The Associated Press journalist is skewing the truth. Fact is, most of the material comes from Obama's own words.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
The Associated Press journalist is skewing the truth. Fact is, most of the material comes from Obama's own words.

ElNono
08-28-2012, 01:54 PM
lol truth

Spurminator
08-28-2012, 06:23 PM

So there's really no conjecture or interpretation on D'Sousa's part? The movie is just D'Sousa sitting down and reading Obama's writings? That sounds like a really boring movie.

Wild Cobra
08-29-2012, 02:55 AM
So there's really no conjecture or interpretation on D'Sousa's part? The movie is just D'Sousa sitting down and reading Obama's writings? That sounds like a really boring movie.
No, there is some conjecture.

Tell you what. Watch the movie, and tell me what alternative ideas you have to what Obama means in his passages.

And... It appears that he used the tape book versions. All the book passages are in Obama's voice, he was the "reader" for his books on tape.