PDA

View Full Version : Media Day / Training Camp Thread

Pages : [1] 2

ace3g
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Place for everything related to media day photos, quotes, etc and Training camp news

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mayykcKMvq1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

And for those wondering: Yes de Colo is going to bunk w/Boris Diaw at Tony Parker's place, aka the French Frat House, for time being

Spurs planning on working de Colo at both guard positions. He acknowledges he has much to learn, eager to start.

--

Spurs Training Camp Roster: (New)

Tyler Wilkerson
Derrick Brown
Josh Powell
Tre' Kelley
Wesley Witherspoon

(Returning)

DeJuan Blair
Matt Bonner
Nando de Colo
Boris Diaw
Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili
Danny Green
Stephen Jackson
Cory Joseph
Kawhi Leonard
Patty Mills
Gary Neal
Tony Parker
Tiago Splitter

Buddy Holly
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Isn't media day Monday?

ace3g
09-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, a mistake on my part; Spurs twitter posted that picture of SJAX in front of the green screen and I figured it was for media day.

lefty
09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the playoffs ?

timtonymanu
09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Can't wait to see Matt Bonner still in a Spurs jersey this season.

ace3g
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Can't wait to see Matt Bonner still in a Spurs jersey this season.

Well at least we won't have to see a certain player this year:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ECb9SJ8YzMg/TKGLCQZGChI/AAAAAAAAA28/BdPwVGP4CHk/s1600/richard-jefferson-spurs1.jpg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/12/01/66/2629004/9/628x471.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/bobcats/090807_jefferson.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
09-26-2012, 04:56 PM
witherspoon looks interesting, any pics withoutspoon?

Leetonidas
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Well at least we won't have to see a certain player this year:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ECb9SJ8YzMg/TKGLCQZGChI/AAAAAAAAA28/BdPwVGP4CHk/s1600/richard-jefferson-spurs1.jpg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/12/01/66/2629004/9/628x471.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/bobcats/090807_jefferson.jpg

I suddenly feel much better about this season. Thanks :lol

lefty
09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
oh yeah Bonner or RJ

Pick your poison

TimmehC
09-26-2012, 07:03 PM
No Ryan Richards.

Wonder where he'll pop up next.

racm
09-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Would rather have Bonner, at least he knows what to do and simply curls up in a fetal position come April :lmao

Obstructed_View
09-26-2012, 07:20 PM
No Ryan Richards.

Wonder where he'll pop up next.

He probably won't. Got a shitload of talent, but didn't seem to give much effort in SL.

Kool Bob Love
09-26-2012, 07:36 PM
:hungry:

Fastest off season ever.

GO SPURS GO!

Bruno
09-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Spurs still have 2 roster spot open for the training camp. I would be surprised if at least one of these 2 players isn't a center because Spurs are very thin at that spot. What would be interesting is if this center added is just a practice body or a player with a legit shot at making the final roster.

On another subject, De Colo just tweeted that he will wear #25 with Spurs.

racm
09-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Spurs still have 2 roster spot open for the training camp. I would be surprised if at least one of these 2 players isn't a center because Spurs are very thin at that spot. What would be interesting is if this center added is just a practice body or a player with a legit shot at making the final roster.

So he's pretty much the French James Anderson? :downspin:

ace3g
09-26-2012, 07:46 PM
He posted this picture on his FB page earlier today, going with the Ben Stiller Zoolander Post Modeling look.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/552701_10151023825216863_1593641008_n.jpg

Bruno
09-26-2012, 08:02 PM
^ it was part of a series of picture of french athletes taken before the Olympics. They were disguised in gold miners with the idea that they will go to the Olympics to find gold like miners do.

Diaw was too part of this campaign:
http://a10.idata.over-blog.com/525x748/2/40/40/86/-Les-Chercheurs-d-Or--par-Mamedy-Doucara.jpg

racm
09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Suits all of them tbh.

ace3g
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM

Well it won't be Fesenko.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Going online as we speak: ESPN sources say Bulls to sign center Kyrylo Fesenko by week's end after working him out in Chicago

crc21209
09-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Damn it. I thought Fesenko would've done just fine here. Big body who can defend and rebound, is that so hard to find? :lol

ace3g
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Bulls been looking for proven big willing to take non-guaranteed deal now & possibly re-sign in late NOV when tax issues ease. Fes says yes

Ice009
09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Wow, Spurs seem like they just DO NOT want a big.

racm
09-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow, Spurs seem like they just DO NOT want a big.

You speak as if a free agent would be easier to acquire than a trade.

Plus, Pop isn't focusing on LAL, he's focusing on OKC as the team to beat. Guess guys like Rasho left a bad taste in his mouth.

Ice009
09-26-2012, 09:13 PM
The Spurs still need another big. What you said about OKC is might be true, but we still need another big. You must have another big, can't go into a series against LA with the current bigs on the roster.

racm
09-26-2012, 09:28 PM
The Spurs still need another big. What you said about OKC is might be true, but we still need another big. You must have another big, can't go into a series against LA with the current bigs on the roster.

I doubt league minimum big men would be good for anything save 6 fouls to hack D12, tbh.

If the Spurs need a serviceable big they can package any of Blair/Bonner/Neal (and if you ask me, keep Blair even if he's useless against LAL precisely because he simply eats up OKC) for a salary dump, THEN sign a big. Or trade for one.

rmt
09-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Would rather have Bonner, at least he knows what to do and simply curls up in a fetal position come April :lmao

And he's much cheaper too.

So, if Blair eats up OKC, was it a mistake of Pop's not to play him more in the playoffs?

racm
09-27-2012, 08:24 AM
And he's much cheaper too.

So, if Blair eats up OKC, was it a mistake of Pop's not to play him more in the playoffs?

Pop hasn't liked what he's seen the past two seasons. Of course, it's a contract year and a season in shape for the Dancing Bear, so he has a good chance of being the fourth big.

wildbill2u
09-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Damn it. I thought Fesenko would've done just fine here. Big body who can defend and rebound, is that so hard to find? :lol

Apparently it is. When you stop and think about it, the number of 'franchise' quality centers has dropped off considerably in the NBA.

ace3g
09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Ten questions for the 2012-13 season

With training camp less than a week away, let’s take a broad overview of some of the bigger questions facing the Spurs as they attempt to wedge their way past the Lakers and Thunder for Western Conference supremacy.

Was standing pat the right move?

The Spurs’ decision to go with essentially the same team that, depending on your point of view, was either two games from the Finals or reverse swept off the court by Oklahoma City has been debated all summer.

On paper, it looks to be a typically sound, safe choice from the Spurs. But with the Lakers having loaded up and the Thunder not going anywhere, only time will tell if it was the right choice.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/27/ten-questions-for-the-2012-13-season/

ace3g
09-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Spurs add Derrick Brown, Josh Powell, Tyler Wilkerson & Wesley Witherspoon to training camp roster. San Antonio's roster now stands at 18.

timtonymanu
09-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Laker Powell? Not bad.

ace3g
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Official Spurs release:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120927_training_camp

benefactor
09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Josh Powell is an excellent camp addition. Another player that has a better than average chance to make the team.

loveforthegame
09-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I've always liked Powell so good news to see him in camp. But with one spot open I'm hoping Brown wins the role.

TD 21
09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Josh Powell is an excellent camp addition. Another player that has a better than average chance to make the team.

Unless a trade is made, Brown most likely has the inside track. One, he's better; two, he's almost five years younger; and three, he fills a more glaring positional need.

I don't mind adding Powell for camp, but again, where is the true center? And why is damn near every big they acquire or bring in for camp 6-9 or under, with mediocre or worse athleticism? Fesenko would have made a lot more sense.

Bruno
09-27-2012, 06:00 PM
4 training camp invite = 4 long SF/mobile PF.

There are definitively something behind these moves. These players aren't just practice bodies for the training camp. Spurs are looking at a combo forward and, unless they all suck, the best of these 4 players will be kept past the training camp.

benefactor
09-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Probably so. I'd rather have Brown anyway. Need to get rid of some of these damn guards.

benefactor
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
4 training camp invite = 4 long SF/mobile PF.

There are definitively something behind these moves. These players aren't just practice bodies for the training camp. Spurs are looking at a combo forward and, unless they all suck, the best of these 4 players will be kept past the training camp.
I was thinking the same thing. Brown and Powell are both NBA level players. The Spurs wouldn't invite players this good just to scrap them after camp.

TD 21
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM
"Players this good"? The Pistons invited Flynn and Williams and they already have 15 guaranteed contract. The Nets gave Blatche and Childress non guaranteed contracts. McGrady is probably going to have to accept a non guaranteed contract. Guys like Barbosa and Redd may not get signed before the season starts.

Things are changing. A few years ago, I'd have agreed that someone like Powell was slightly above "you wouldn't invite him for camp just for the hell of it", but not anymore.

As far as combo forward, that hasn't been accurate of Powell for years. He's flat out a PF. Although I guess you could add /C, because dam near every PF plays some C today.

benefactor
09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
So because a bunch of old players, player that suck and players that are head cases are unsigned/in camps instead of signed this is now the norm and the Spurs are just bringing in NBA level players for the hell of it?

Typical take from you.

TD 21
09-27-2012, 07:11 PM
So because a bunch of old players, player that suck and players that are head cases are unsigned/in camps instead of signed this is now the norm and the Spurs are just bringing in NBA level players for the hell of it?

Typical take from you.

No, I'm saying much higher profile players are not getting guaranteed contracts and some are in the untenable situation of having to beat someone out with a guaranteed contract. So it shouldn't be a surprise if someone like Powell (who obviously has far less cache than any of them) is brought in to camp with the likelihood of him making the team being slim. And I'm not sure why you think Powell is anything more than a fringe player.

bklynspursfan
09-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Blair putting in work in the gym... Might have to kill the fat jokes

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/september/dejuan-blair-killing-it-in-the-gym.html

Libri
09-27-2012, 09:30 PM

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/september/dejuan-blair-killing-it-in-the-gym.html

If only there were height exercises. :depressed

spursdotcom
09-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Just a heads up, we will be streaming Monday's media day.

:flag:

ace3g
09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Just a heads up, we will be streaming Monday's media day.

:flag:

Good to hear

DesignatedT
09-27-2012, 09:58 PM
:tu

ace3g
09-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Lot to keep an eye on as Spurs’ camp nears

By Mike Monroe

There are plenty of questions as the Spurs open training camp at their practice facility next week, but one big decision must be made before camp begins: Will the team insist that point guard Tony Parker continue wearing the protective goggles he sported during the Olympics in London?

Parker didn’t like the protective eyewear, but it was necessary after a freak injury that required surgery to remove a shard of glass from his left cornea. He pitched the goggles into the stands after Spain eliminated France from the medal round, declaring he was done with them for good.

When he arrives for his physical exam ahead of Tuesday’s start of camp, he may discover the club’s well-established history of erring on the side of caution with injuries demands he be fitted for new goggles.

“I’m not sure that’s a decision ‘Dr. Parker’ gets to make on his own,” Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said. “We haven’t seen him yet. We’re now several months, post-injury. We’ll have a better picture of it when we see him. Somebody very qualified will examine that eye.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/27/lot-to-keep-an-eye-on-as-spurs%E2%80%99-camp-nears/

mountainballer
09-28-2012, 04:12 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Brown and Powell are both NBA level players. The Spurs wouldn't invite players this good just to scrap them after camp.

I fear Powell is done. but it doesn't hurt to doublecheck.
IMO Brown will make the team.

TE
09-28-2012, 04:15 AM

Fucking finally.
I expect a much better and more motivated Blair.

bklynspursfan
09-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Fucking finally.
I expect a much better and more motivated Blair.

Same here... Then I expect him to be traded if he can build up enough value. But seriously, i don't know why he took so long to do this.

eric365
09-28-2012, 07:52 AM
But seriously, i don't know why he took so long to do this.

Contract year

mountainballer
09-28-2012, 09:30 AM
But seriously, i don't know why he took so long to do this.

we know he is slow.

bklynspursfan
09-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Contract year

I see that now, but the guy complained about not getting playing time, you'd think if he wanted it he'd take it more seriously.

ace3g
09-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Media briefing:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb2hwmVuWR1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

Summing up about 8 minutes of Pop: West is tough, Spurs want to improve defense, everyone's healthy, Duncan looks trim and fit, ready to go.

Not exactly a stop-the-presses headline, but Pop singles out OKC and Lakers as the teams to chase in the West.

Pop says Tony Parker's eye has not been examined by Spurs docs since his return, but nobody seems overly concerned about it.

Key to defensive improvement, Pop says is "more consistency." Thought they were good in spots last season, "mediocre" overall.

bklynspursfan
09-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Media briefing:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb2hwmVuWR1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

Summing up about 8 minutes of Pop: West is tough, Spurs want to improve defense, everyone's healthy, Duncan looks trim and fit, ready to go.

Not exactly a stop-the-presses headline, but Pop singles out OKC and Lakers as the teams to chase in the West.

Pop says Tony Parker's eye has not been examined by Spurs docs since his return, but nobody seems overly concerned about it.

Key to defensive improvement, Pop says is "more consistency." Thought they were good in spots last season, "mediocre" overall.

You can add this one too (although it shadows one that was already said lol)

Joe Alexander ‏@JoeAlexander210
It sounds like Spurs coach Gregg Popovich will make defense the biggest emphasis in camp. Nothing new there.

I'm just glad that will be a key emphasis as it really needs to be.

ElNono
09-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Pop says the same thing every year... wake me up when he starts getting in player's faces and benching guys after defensive fuckups... that Pop has been MIA for a long time now...

ace3g
09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Video of Pop interview

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120928_pop

dylankerouac
09-28-2012, 01:07 PM
It would be great if the team shows defensive improvement this year. Might not happen individually for any of the big 3. Maybe Parker.

Bruno
09-28-2012, 01:50 PM
It's nice to hear from Pop that his priority is to improve the defense. We will see if he backs up his claim by playing the right players at the right spots.

The rest of the interview was some classic Pop with him doing a great job at not really answering at the questions.

And thanks to spurs website people for all these videos. :tu

DesignatedT
09-28-2012, 02:03 PM
It probably isn't any different than years past but it seems like Pop is really stressing that these guys compete hard for playing time during camp and all that. Wish I could be apart of some of these practices to see our guys going at it and competing for spots. Incredibly crowded roster.

Also, not that it should be a surprise but Tim Duncan is just fuckin awesome. Even thinner and more mobile then last year? This guy never fails to amaze.

ElNono
09-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Even thinner and more mobile then last year?

The Maps app sucks though... :lol

DesignatedT
09-28-2012, 02:33 PM
:lol

What's wrong with the maps app btw?

ElNono
09-28-2012, 02:38 PM

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-apple-tim-cook-apology-20120928,0,4208097.story

DesignatedT
09-28-2012, 02:44 PM
interesting

boutons_deux
09-28-2012, 02:45 PM

whizbang 3d stuff, but the basic 2D mapping sucks. Apple really screwed up.

The question is now whether they will block Google maps app when it arrives in a couple months.

Bruno
09-28-2012, 04:46 PM

Far too early to know what to make of Nando de Colo, but ... those who have seen him in open gym this week rave about his passing skills.

TDMVPDPOY
09-28-2012, 04:56 PM
i dunno what further defensive upgrade the spurs going to bring, when they still have the turd towers let alone not playin splitter/duncan at the same time more minutes....

ace3g
09-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Well if the either Brown or Wilkerson works out, the Spurs can try a few SF/small ball PF combo line ups of mobile guys; it worked for the Heat and Thunder. We would have Kawhi, SJAX, Diaw, and Brown/Wilkerson.

Against the Thunder we got in trouble when one of Kawhi/SJAX got in foul trouble and Thunder went with the Durant/Harden combo. Having an extra SF/small ball PF would really help.

Hopefully the Spurs make a trade for another big as well for the likes of the Lakers.

DesignatedT
09-28-2012, 06:09 PM
At least last year we ditched the Blair/Bonner lineup. Can we now ditch them completely?

ace3g
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
At least last year we ditched the Blair/Bonner lineup. Can we now ditch them completely?

I think last year in the playoffs, Pop finally got over his Bonner love, not sure about Blair, but eliminating one of them would really help.

UZER
09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Pop: Tim looks great..trim fit ready to go. Bonner also looks great....looking to give him more minutes this season....particularly for his corporate knowledge.

racm
09-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I think last year in the playoffs, Pop finally got over his Bonner love, not sure about Blair, but eliminating one of them would really help.

Bonner out and more PT for Blair, tbh.

Small-ball with Kawhi/Jax at the 4 and Blair at the 5 worked pretty well, too.

tl;dr give Bonner more DNP-CDs please.

spursince#99
09-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I believe Bonner is needed. We need a big who can shoot the 3 ball rather well, and he's the ideal candidate.

MR.SILVER&BLack
09-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I believe Bonner is needed. We need a big who can shoot the 3 ball rather well, and he's the ideal candidate.
Diaw can shoot, jackson can shoot & Brown has been working on his 3 point shot. Bonner is not needed anymore.

justinandimcool
09-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm all for being defense first, but we don't actually have the personnel and the um...bigs...to do that at an elite level.

racm
09-28-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm all for being defense first, but we don't actually have the personnel and the um...bigs...to do that at an elite level.

The Spurs have serviceable perimeter defense. Although they would get bullied in the post when Duncan sits, yes, but defending the pick and roll and perimeter players in general will benefit the team more overall since there is only one Dwight Howard.

IknowU
09-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Pop wears the same fucking Australia Bball shirt at the start of every season. He must anticipate to wearing it every year.

dylankerouac
09-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Diaw afraid to shoot.

Fixed.

Ice009
09-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Pop wears the same fucking Australia Bball shirt at the start of every season. He must anticipate to wearing it every year.

I never noticed. Got any other pics from previous seasons?

007nites
09-29-2012, 05:58 AM
What is Timmy's weight theses days? 250?

SpurNation
09-29-2012, 06:55 AM
The Spurs have serviceable perimeter defense. Although they would get bullied in the post when Duncan sits, yes, but defending the pick and roll and perimeter players in general will benefit the team more overall since there is only one Dwight Howard.

Key point.
It's no secret Spurs got beat by not having adequate perimeter D vs. OKC in the WCF's. And they would of had even more trouble facing Miami if they made it to the finals. But the lack of defense minded bigs was also an issue when Duncan sat. My guess is Pop is leaning towards the direction of improving defense as you pointed out. Athletic/Quick 3/4's is the tendency throughout the league. And to be honest the depth of "quality" "traditional" bigs is lessening in the league. Hence small ball being implemented more than ever.

racm
09-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Small ball works because the quantity of big men who offer more than six fouls per game is at a low, what with AAU play focusing on speed and athleticism and guys like Dirk making it cool for seven footers to jack up threes.

ace3g
09-30-2012, 02:08 PM

and complete NBATV preseason schedule:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/09/28/nba-tv-to-show-29-preaseason-games/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

DesignatedT
09-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I've had it for the past 3 years but seem to have forgotten if League Pass broadband televises pre-season games. Anyone know?

ChuckD
09-30-2012, 03:05 PM

NBA Bigs are going the way of the dinosaur. There wasn't a 7 footer in the Finals last year.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 10:34 AM
San Antonio Spurs ‏@spurs

[Live coverage] Spurs Media Day Begins at 12:30 http://j.mp/IztHjE

timvp
10-01-2012, 10:48 AM
^Wow, spursdotcom is streaming media day. Nice :tu

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/230422_10151028885071981_123044712_n.jpg

ace3g
10-01-2012, 11:46 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb83v51Msd1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb84ctJwUf1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
#25 for De Colo

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
^Wow, spursdotcom is streaming media day. Nice :tu

up and running now at spurs.com/live (http://www.nba.com/spurs/live) check for more photos at spurs.com/notebook (http://www.nba.com/spurs/notebook)

ace3g
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
ahhhh....

Joe Alexander ‏@JoeAlexander210

Spurs camp roster includes Eddy Curry - 10 year veteran center.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Derrick Brown wearing #1, Curry #52

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Eddy Curry. Interesting

ElNono
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
up and running now at spurs.com/live (http://www.nba.com/spurs/live) check for more photos at spurs.com/notebook (http://www.nba.com/spurs/notebook)

Great stuff, thanks! :tu

ace3g
10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Josh Powell #10, Tyler Wilkerson #7 going with the Roger Mason Hair

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb84v2MQDa1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM

RodNIc91
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Damn, Eddy Curry? pics please

benefactor
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
crofl Curry. He won't last long with Pop. He's been lazy for a decade. I doubt that will change now.

Dex
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Pop needs to 'get over himself'. :lol Curry is the tallest guy in camp.

loveforthegame
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Curry in camp? Interesting.

Juggity
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Eddy Curry???

wat tha fukkk

ace3g
10-01-2012, 12:29 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb85knQz9K1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 12:36 PM

TimmehC
10-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Wow, Wilkerson looks like a different person than 2 years ago.

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 12:40 PM
still waiting on guys for interviews, shouldn't be much longer.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
poor JMcD, all alone

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
other than the lack of action thus far, how does the stream look? Thanks

ace3g
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Running smoothly, no lag so far.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
stream looks good. no problems.

mexpurs21
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Looks perfect to me

timvp
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Stream looks good. Is there supposed to be volume yet?

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
There's volume. It's just not loud :lol. Had to put in the headphones.

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Tim Duncan live now

ace3g
Timmy!!!

spursdotcom
audio good?

Fireball
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Timmy !!!

Fireball
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
audio is fine, thanks

timvp
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Tim Duncan: "We need to be a better defensive team."

timvp
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Duncan: "We've been concentrating on offense. We need need to get back to focusing on defense."

ace3g
we are LIVE!!!

ace3g
good to hear defense is focus from Pop and now Timmy

Fireball
10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
focus on defense was always there, but the right personnel was missing ... and still is I think

timvp
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Duncan says that Kawhi has had a great summer.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
"I'm not going anywhere, I'm not doing anything" Timmy on chances of signing somewhere else

timvp
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
(I made this thread live by the way. You don't have to refresh to see new posts.)

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Sounds like Duncan wants to play 4 more years :lol

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
lol Timmy talking about TPs glasses

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
"we upped our street cred" - Timmy

mexpurs21
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
"we upped our street cred" - Timmy

:rollin

timvp
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
"The Cowboys are getting their asses kicked," Tim Duncan.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Pop is up

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Pop is up now

mexpurs21
10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Pop: "Is this the end of the 3rd quarter or what?" :rollin

Fireball
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
media to Timmy: "What is the reson for the teams success?"
Timmy: "consistency"

media to Pop: "What is the reson for the teams success?"
Pop: "Tim Duncan"

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Never seen Pop praise a player like he does Kawhi since Duncan

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:15 PM
more PnR for Kawhi this season

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb87xlH0cx1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

Venti Quattro
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Is the live thread creation only limited for the administrators?

bklynspursfan
Lmao Pop.. . "can you believe this guy? What kind of shit was that"

DesignatedT

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Blair up now

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 01:21 PM
DeJuan Blair up now

bklynspursfan
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Blair ducking questions lol

Juggity
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Blair seems a little downcast

pvmit
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
spursdotcom, are you going to put up the complete interviews later?

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Tough questions for Blair but damn lol. Dude does not seem happy.

Fireball
blair seems pissed off

Buddy Holly
Media making fun of Dejuan. "He's here right now."

Buddy Holly
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Dejuan was salty.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
He brought it on himself. Can't mouth off about your role during the off-season and expect not to get asked about it. Dude needs to gtfo though imo, fwiw, tbqh

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Her mic says spurs.com so I'm guess reporter for the Spurs, lol, kinda of has this Arianny Celeste, UFC Ring Girl look

jeebus
I'd rather have fatass Curry than Bonner or Blair iirc

spursdotcom
spursdotcom, are you going to put up the complete interviews later?
Yes

Ice009
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
He didn't know what to say when they asked him what does he have to do to get on the court in the playoffs. Said he's gotta figure out what the team needs from him and what they want him to do.

Buddy Holly
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
spursdotcom who's the girl?

TDMVPDPOY
did kawhi got new ink done? whose his tattooist?? koriwhat?

ace3g
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb88ijXfRG1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb88inN15U1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb88irAcf01rugvcno1_1280.jpg

Ice009
10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Blair is pretty much mad about getting benched in the playoffs two seasons in a row, especially after starting most of the season then just getting benched. Obviously most of us realize why he was benched, but I guess he doesn't and is still pretty mad about it which is understandable IMO.

ElNono
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Manu looks old

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Manu really needs to get some hair growing medicine. Dude is going straight bald

Buddy Holly
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Any othef media day pictures released?

Ice009
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
lol looks like that girl has got a lot of you excited ;). I might have to take a closer look at her next interview.

ElNono
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
What's with the creeps in here? :lol

Next thing you know Cobra will be looking up her house on Google maps...

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
spursdotcom who's the girl?

Our web host/reporter Briana Walters. She's been with us all summer and worked for Spurs TV last season.
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120925_foodbank

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
manu manu manu

Ice009
lol don't go posting names man.

DesignatedT
Did the Spurs change up their regular jerseys again? I don't remember all those holes or whatever type of material manu is wearing last season.

ElNono
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
10 years later and Manu still can't speak english... smh

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
man it is pouring here on NE side of SA

TDMVPDPOY
10-01-2012, 01:38 PM
i think signing curry is not a bad choice at all, can he still put the ball in teh basket? if he can...maybe we can make splitter, diaw, duncan focus on defense and help defense when either is on teh court the same time with curry....

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Manu " I have enough money fools, I don't care about no contract year!"

TimDunkem
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
10 years later and Manu still can't speak english... smh

He speaks better English than Blair.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
not like he can lose that accent

Juggity
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM

And Derrick Rose

ElNono
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM

ace3g
hopefully they will interview someone like Derrick Brown, Wilkerson, or Curry just to see how they think they can make an impact

Fireball
they are talking about the girl s well *lol*

crc21209
10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Damn Manu is getting balder by the hour. :lol

TimDunkem
10-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Damn Manu is getting balder by the hour. :lol

Every minute, a hair follicle on Manu's head dies.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
mic hit her on the head, lol

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
definitely time, TP

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Tony Parker up

ace3g
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
says he's cleared to play without glasses

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM

crc21209
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Glad to hear he's cleared to play without the glasses. I think he would get frustrated with them after awhile and toss them anyway though...

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
:lmao tony

ace3g
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Tony going after guys haircut, lol

Dex
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Tony also talking about a focus on defense.

Sounds like it's the mantra of this training camp. We can only hope.

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Again...I'll believe all this defense talk when I see it. I don't know if that Pop really exists anymore.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
just to bring the excitement down...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4JKPg9CIAI2yqp.jpg:large

Fireball
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Pop always says the focus is on defense, but do we have the personnel to become better defensively? Kawhi knowing more about his opponents might help, more Patty than Neall ... Derrick Brown? I do not know ...

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:09 PM
The Pop that you keep referencing where he yells at everyone and pulls people out for a missed assignment is long gone, you're right about that. That doesn't mean that he and the team won't be making more of an effort to improve in that department though. Just because he isn't spitting in people's faces anymore on the sideline anymore doesn't mean he isn't doing it in practice.

ElNono
10-01-2012, 02:09 PM
just to bring the excitement down...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4JKPg9CIAI2yqp.jpg:large

Damn you... fucking damn you!!! :pctoss

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
that's it for today everyone, thanks for watching.

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
The Pop that you keep referencing where he yells at everyone and pulls people out for a missed assignment is long gone, you're right about that. That doesn't mean that he and the team won't be making more of an effort to improve in that department though. Just because he isn't spitting in people's faces anymore on the sideline anymore doesn't mean he isn't doing it in practice.
Again...I'll believe it when I see it.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
See what?

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
See what?

That doesn't mean that he and the team won't be making more of an effort to improve in that department though.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Not sure how you would know if they are or are not focusing more on defense unless you think they were an average defensive team last season due to effort. I don't believe that to be the case.

ElNono
10-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Not sure how you would know if they are or are not focusing more on defense unless you think they were an average defensive team last season due to effort. I don't believe that to be the case.

Numbers don't lie... IIRC they ranked middle of the league on defense last season.

There's some aspects to be optimistic about improvement. Namely, having old, physical Jack instead of pussy RJ, and Kahwi's progression. But if we keep rolling out with small ball, we're gonna get scored on.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Can Derrick Brown play defense? I know he has some decent #s from his play in Charlotte last season but I don't know much about him defensively.

crc21209
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
He can't be any worse than Bonner and Blair, right?

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I've watched games. I have yet to see a team that is focusing more on defense. I'll watch games again. I won't believe anything different unless I see it.

Not rocket science, Aggie.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:34 PM
So unless defensive numbers improve tremendously, they are not focusing on defense. got it.

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Teams that focus on defense actually show some improvement on the court. Why it this hard to understand?

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Even Tim Duncan admitted they have been focusing too much on offense. Do you not believe him either?

Spurs Brazil
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Manu looks very old

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Even Tim Duncan admitted they have been focusing too much on offense. Do you not believe him either?

What are you even talking about now?

Duncan, Tony, Pop have all said they need to focus more on defense, I get that.

Your response to them was "I'll believe it when I see it", so obviously you are the one who doesn't believe them :lol

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
It's hard to believe when you haven't seen it for years.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I get that. I don't think we will ever be as good defensively as we were, I think that's pretty obvious. But it isn't because we aren't spending time on it or because Pop isn't walking around the sidelines yelling at everyone. It's mainly because we are old.

benefactor
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Pop has been channeling his inner Don Nelson for while now. That's why they don't have the personnel. You are right, they may spend time on it...but that doesn't mean they are serious about it. Pop said himself the league is more about scoring. The personnel he has chosen backs that up. If he is more committed to defense he will find a way to keep players on the floor that help the team more defensively instead of finding the best players to score points.

Talk and practice are one thing...what rolls out on the court is another. If he is committed, the players who get minutes will show it.

SenorSpur
10-01-2012, 03:02 PM

You've got to be kidding. Who the hell needs a big that shoots lights out during the regular season, but sucks balls in the playoffs?

I'd rather have Michelle Bonner over Matt Bonner.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
NBATV is currently focusing on the Western Conference Media Days. Andrew Monaco is suppose to have a segment on the Spurs

ElNono
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I get that. I don't think we will ever be as good defensively as we were, I think that's pretty obvious. But it isn't because we aren't spending time on it or because Pop isn't walking around the sidelines yelling at everyone. It's mainly because we are old.

While I agree we're not going to be as good as we were (which was top 2 back in the glory days), there's no reason why we shouldn't strive for top 5 instead of middle-of-the-pack.

I also think this personnel have components (like Jack, Kawhi, Thiago... up to an extend Diaw) that are much more capable to play defense.

IMO, the "Pop shouldn't yell and yank because we don't have the personnel" isn't a valid excuse anymore. If Gary Neal is being Gary Neal on defense, then get in his face, sit his ass and play Jack as the backup SG.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Spurs are up on NBATV

SenorSpur
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Pop always says the focus is on defense, but do we have the personnel to become better defensively? Kawhi knowing more about his opponents might help, more Patty than Neall ... Derrick Brown? I do not know ...

I'll be convinced that Pop is focusing more on getting better defensively, as a team, when he rids the roster of poor defensive players. Let's face it, if he were really serious about it, Bonner and Blair wouldn't be here. The talk is good, but Pop is really morphing into Don Nelson.

SenorSpur
10-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Spurs are up on NBATV

It just concluded. Andrew Monaco interviewed Manu Ginobili. It's no secret to anyone, but Manu has such a magnetic personality. He could run for Mayor for either his hometown of Bahia Blanco or San Antonio - and win.

Fireball
10-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Get rid of Blair and Neal ... Bonner might actually be good enough defensively as the 4th/5th big because he at least makes no mistakes. Bonners problem really is he chokes on offense in the playoffs ...

ace3g
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Lets see if any of the NBATV analyst pick the Spurs to at least make the WCF.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
come on Woj.... (probably 1 of the first times he is behind on a scoop)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent center Eddy Curry will join the Spurs in training camp, the team says.

Josh Powell

http://www.woai.com/media/lib/12/4/b/d/4bdc241d-7b25-4ada-b0ea-e4033e9dba71/Original.jpg

benefactor
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Someone probably told him this morning and he was busy doing something important...like talking to sources about potential news to break.

TDMVPDPOY
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
still no pics of eddy?

ace3g
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
still looking

spursdotcom
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Video from today is up

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121001_parker
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121001_duncan
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121001_ginobili
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121001_blair
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121001_pop

ace3g
10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/yKCEqnQn6F0pjjKd9jvTXw--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTQ4NTtjcj0xO2N3PTUxMjtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9NDg1O3E9MTAwO3c9NTEy/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_NBA/201210011655609517538-p2.jpg

TMTTRIO
10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Interesting to hear Manu put it as "if" he decides to continue to play he'll probably stay with the Spurs. It's sounding more like he will retire after the season. I guess it'll come down to health/injuries and how the Spurs do this season.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Here we go:

http://media.kens5.com/images/Spurs_Media_Day_2012-10-01+(1).JPG

-

some other photos:

http://media.kens5.com/images/Spurs_Media_Day_2012-10-01+(34).JPG

http://media.kens5.com/images/Spurs_Media_Day_2012-10-01+%2832%29.JPG

http://media.kens5.com/images/Spurs_Media_Day_2012-10-01+%2831%29.JPG

full photo gallery:

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/font-color990000bPHOTOS-BFONTSpurs-players-mingle-with-media-day-172172591.html?gallery=y&img=1&c=y#/news/local/font-color990000bPHOTOS-BFONTSpurs-players-mingle-with-media-day-172172591.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y

--

BTS vid of Media Day:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121001_mediaday

more photo galleries:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/121001_mediaday

http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/121001_behindthescenes

Bruno
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
From looking at the pictures, all the players seems to be in a good to great shape but I haven't seen a picture of Diaw.The only one, who is fat is, Sherron Collins but it doesn't matter. Something must have happened with Tre'Kelley.

Neal is in a decent shape but he certainly hasn't lost the necessary weight to play PG. Pop should play him only at the SG slot.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
still no pics of eddy?
http://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/local_image_gallery_default/121001_mediaday_011.jpg

ace3g
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
From looking at the pictures, all the players seems to be in a good to great shape but I haven't seen a picture of Diaw.The only one, who is fat is, Sherron Collins but it doesn't matter. Something must have happened with Tre'Kelley.

Neal is in a decent shape but he certainly hasn't lost the necessary weight to play PG. Pop should play him only at the SG slot.

No mention of Diaw is odd, hadn't even noticed till you mentioned it, he wasn't even in that gallery of all the head shots, hmmm...

Spurs Brazil
10-01-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/local_image_gallery_default/121001_mediaday_010.jpg

Collins looks fat

timtonymanu
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Collins looks like the current Carlton Banks.

timtonymanu
10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Pop says the same thing about defense every year but I can't take him seriously when he's giving Bonner significant minutes who's just going to flame out during the playoffs anyway. There's no point in preparing him for the postseason. At the same time, they keep looking for score first guards instead of players who can help the team get stops.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Collins look like the current Carlton Banks.

racm
10-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Have any of you ever realized the reason the Spurs have been a mere top 10 defense as opposed to a top 8 defense is because Duncan's old, Bowen's gone, and even Manu has lost a step?

ace3g
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Collins looks like the current Carlton Banks.

http://imageshack.us/a/img171/610/carltonsweater.jpg

benefactor
10-01-2012, 08:28 PM

therealtruth
10-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Duncan and Manu have an excuse on defense but everyone not so much. Defense is more about commitment and focus than athleticism.

timtonymanu
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img171/610/carltonsweater.jpg

rofl. Nice work.

racm
10-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Duncan and Manu have an excuse on defense but everyone not so much. Defense is more about commitment and focus than athleticism.

Exactly. Kawhi needs to improve his defense further, same with Green and Splitter.

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Another Tony interview:

lZDsV3jbbnE

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Pop:

K9_PKGqHeno

bklynspursfan
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM

szkorhetz
10-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Like that!

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
nice

ace3g
10-02-2012, 01:36 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba2hsS9k01rugvcno1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mba2hoJNVD1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

--

found this through twitter, Sloan in the White:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4OIQiZCAAAGw2w.jpg:large

http://distilleryimage7.instagram.com/14c9b8100cb911e2b4d31231380fddd1_7.jpg

ace3g
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Training Camp Day 1 Video:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121002_jackson

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/121002_splitter

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I wish they'd have those "sights and sounds" videos available again. Those are sweet.

spurs_2108
10-02-2012, 02:33 PM
That was hard to watch the Blair interview...

ace3g
10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
So, who is going to the Open Practice tomorrow?

It's early but it seems that the focus is on defense and being more physical overall.