PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Manu on new flopping rules

thunderfan
10-04-2012, 12:44 PM
This is not a post bashing Manu or anything like that. I think he's a great player and a standup guy. Just curious on Spurs fans objective opinion on this. Manu: "It’s going to be very hard to determine,” he said. “Many times, it’s an exaggeration of contact. That’s not a flop. A flop is when there is not contact and not a foul. So we’ll see how they explain it and how it works.”

Wait a minute...an exaggeration of contact is not a flop??!!

What do you guys think...is exaggeration of contact a flop? I would say it definitely is, under some circumstances. I strongly disagree with the idea that a flop only occurs on no-contact plays. In my opinion, if the player's reaction to the contact is above and beyond what is reasonably possible, it's a flop. If I, at 160 lbs, put an arm to Blake Griffin on a boxout and he falls to the floor, that's a flop.

lefty
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
supurculsturubru

ElNono
10-04-2012, 12:50 PM
The question is: was there a foul or not? If it was a foul, exaggeration or not shouldn't matter.

Not that it matters anyways, the star calls and non-calls still rule the league.

DAF86
10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Manu is a smart man and knows that this rule will only cause further controversy. Wait for the first guy that gets penalized for flopping after being clearly fouled and see what happens. Then there's also the fact of seeing if the refs will judge flopping on offense the same way as flopping on defense. What about verbal flopping? I don't know, this just seems like a very hard rule to implement.

Regarding the contact/non contact issue: There are many times where a defensive player gets charged but the contact is not enough for him to go down but still do it to sell the foul. He goes down on his own but it's still a foul. What would you do: call the foul and the flop? It would be a little weird.

ElNono
10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Wait for the first guy that gets penalized for flopping after being clearly fouled and see what happens.

Nothing is gonna happen other than der Fürher Stern handing down million dollar fines to whoever dares speak against a ref...

thunderfan
10-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Manu is a smart man and knows that this rule will only cause further controversy. Wait for the first guy that gets penalized for flopping after being clearly fouled and see what happens. Then there's also the fact of seeing if the refs will judge flopping on offense the same way as flopping on defense. What about verbal flopping? I don't know, this just seems like a very hard rule to implement.

Regarding the contact/non contact issue: There are many times where a defensive player gets charged but the contact is not enough for him to go down but still do it to sell the foul. He goes down on his own but it's still a foul. What would you do: call the foul and the flop? It would be a little weird.

I don't know about the offensive foul situation. I'm fairly against these charges guys are taking where they seem to slide under the offensive player at the last split second. I don't see any of these as being called a flop though with this new policy. I'm not saying there's no acting going on, but by my definition of a flop, the charge at least falls under the reasonable category. I mean, a 225 lb guy running at a pretty good clip and coming into contact with a stationary player could reasonably cause them to be knocked back, if not fall to the ground. Contrast that with (again) me putting a hand to Blake Griffin and him falling on the floor - completely unreasonable.

DAF86
10-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't know about the offensive foul situation. I'm fairly against these charges guys are taking where they seem to slide under the offensive player at the last split second. I don't see any of these as being called a flop though with this new policy. I'm not saying there's no acting going on, but by my definition of a flop, the charge at least falls under the reasonable category. I mean, a 225 lb guy running at a pretty good clip and coming into contact with a stationary player could reasonably cause them to be knocked back, if not fall to the ground. Contrast that with (again) me putting a hand to Blake Griffin and him falling on the floor - completely unreasonable.

Well, I think Manu was talking about the charge situation 'cause that's what affects him the most. Manu is known for getting the contact but still sell the foul to make sure the ref calls it.

thunderfan
10-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Maybe. However, he did say "a flop is when there is not contact and not a foul". I strongly disagree with that statement. It made it sound as if he believed that one could "flop" all they wanted to as long as there was some sort of contact.

DisAsTerBot
10-04-2012, 02:43 PM
...is exaggeration of contact a flop? I would say it definitely is, under some circumstances.

good argument!!!

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
If Manu's as great as you all say he is then he'll stop playing like a c.unt and learn to adapt.

ohmwrecker
10-04-2012, 04:41 PM
A foul is a foul is a foul.

MmP
10-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Well, Manu is a very smart player but to me he is a flopper. I say this in the best possible way, he tends to exaggerate contact which has given him lots of call for him. And that quote there is what defines him as a flopper. Exaggerate contact, is flopping. You can't exaggerate without acting. Maybe there are plays that are worth selling because they're actual fouls agains him and without selling they wont' be called but they're still to me flops. And I repeat to me that flopping is another aspect of his smarts on the court. But that comes all the way from FIBA.

Trainwreck2100
10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm no homer but he's right, if there's contact than there's a foul, the exageration just puts the ref in a difficult position.

monosylab1k
10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
If Manu's as great as you all say he is then he'll stop playing like a c.unt and learn to adapt.

'N Fitzp with the staying strong in the pocket, stepping up and delivering a strike to Stevie Johnson goods per par lamborghini mercy etc

mavs>spurs
10-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Manu flops harder than mono flip flops after the tables turn i saidddd

diego
10-04-2012, 05:42 PM

AFAIK the rules dont say a damn thing about weight, rather about timing, being set / not set, and what the offensive player was doing. I agree, that if a player has already picked up his dribble and is taking his 2nd step, the defender that slides in shouldn't get the call. But weight has nothing to do with it, if say tony parker charged into tyson chandler- regardless if parker took the worst of it and chandler didnt move, or if chandler fell down to make sure the refs noticed he was pushed- what matters is that chandler was in position before parker made his move therefore its a foul.

bottomline, if superstar calls still exist does it really matter if they retroactively call flops? Like when fisher got away with fouling barry in the 08 WCF and the league said afterwards it made a mistake, what does it fix? and does it matter if blake and neal get fined post game for a flop if all game long kobe and duncan are getting touch fouls?

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-04-2012, 06:10 PM
“Many times, it’s an exaggeration of contact. That’s not a flop."

:lmao:lmao:lmao it's not?

Fpoonsie
10-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Lulz. Manu's definitely nervous, and his word choice was wrong, but he's correct in saying that this seems to be a rule w/ entirely too large a gray area.

Latarian Milton
10-04-2012, 07:21 PM
in the past years you couldn't even breathe at the floppers and now you can with the new rules enforced, i think that makes quite a difference

racm
10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Son, how would you react about Harden's reaction to the flopping rules...

xellos88330
10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
There is no answer to this but to wait and see what happens as DAF86 said.

ALVAREZ6
10-04-2012, 10:12 PM
this new rule won't do shit!!! I think I read the NBA doesn't intend to humiliate/disclose to media flopping fines to players, and the fines are pretty fucking low... wtf is $5,000 to an NBA star?

My stance on flopping though is I hate it, all exaggerated contact and non-contact flops should count imo. Everything about acting on a court or field goes against my way of playing sports and I hate seeing it. I wouldn't mind if they drastically increased the fines for flopping and being a pussy. Flopping on defense and trying to draw fouls on offense are not natural, it only happens in professional games, obviously the results matter. Not the way the game should be played, and all BS like that should be penalized.

ambchang
10-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Just another tool the zebras could use in a pivotal playoff game to make sure darling teams get an advantage.

thunderfan
10-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm no homer but he's right, if there's contact than there's a foul, the exageration just puts the ref in a difficult position.

You think every instance of player contact in an NBA game should be a foul? Hell, the game would never end. Surely that's not what you meant. Please correct me. Basketball is not a no-contact sport.

DMC
10-05-2012, 07:50 AM

The refs don't judge flopping. It's all done after the game by the league. The way the refs officiate should not have to change.

DMC
10-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Just another tool the zebras could use in a pivotal playoff game to make sure darling teams get an advantage.

If I read the rule right, the refs won't be involved in judging, real time, whether a flop occurred or not. That would occur after the game and fines issued accordingly. It would only be a money punishment, not a game changer, and the thought is to curb the tendency by making it a risky move. It will still happen, but when someone spends all game doing it, it could rack up some fines and it's quite possible their flops did nothing to help the team.

Still, every drive to the rim for a contested layup is going to result in someone flopping. The offensive player throws their hands up wildly pretending they got hit when they really just made a bad decision and challeged Ibaka or some other shot blocker, and the defense is going to set their feet and pretend a graze from one side knocked them down because they cannot defend.

Trainwreck2100
10-05-2012, 09:21 AM
You think every instance of player contact in an NBA game should be a foul? Hell, the game would never end. Surely that's not what you meant. Please correct me. Basketball is not a no-contact sport.

no but what he's saying is the foul occurs. Light contact or not it's in the rule book and fining a player who gets fouled isn't justifiable.

ambchang
10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
If I read the rule right, the refs won't be involved in judging, real time, whether a flop occurred or not. That would occur after the game and fines issued accordingly. It would only be a money punishment, not a game changer, and the thought is to curb the tendency by making it a risky move. It will still happen, but when someone spends all game doing it, it could rack up some fines and it's quite possible their flops did nothing to help the team.

Still, every drive to the rim for a contested layup is going to result in someone flopping. The offensive player throws their hands up wildly pretending they got hit when they really just made a bad decision and challeged Ibaka or some other shot blocker, and the defense is going to set their feet and pretend a graze from one side knocked them down because they cannot defend.

Then I see the refs using this as a tool to say that they are fair, continue to give flops to the "preferred" team, then hand out monetary punishments, giving the false impression of fairness, while further infuriating fans.

Seriously though, tough to call. Could you imagine, Game 6 of a WCF, home team up by 1, some guy flops on defense and got an offensive foul call on the opposition, have the basket waived off, won the game, then the next day, the league said, oops, wrong call, that was a flop, shouldn't have been an offensive foul called. $5K fine, but you win a pivotal game in the playoffs, sorry I screwed you road team.

All hell would break loose, and for some strange reason, you can count on that home team being one of the preferred teams, never fails.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Does ambchang make excuses for everything in life?:lol

What a weak-minded person, who has probably fathered weak-minded children:lol

silverblk mystix
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Flopping is the result of some players getting calls for being fouled--while other players would get hacked and would not get the call.
So players started to exaggerate the contact to force the refs to blow the whistle. Evertime someone touches Kobe-- he yells out like a little bitch---and-- gets the call. Is that flopping? Is the league going to enforce that?

No.

Star players will get the calls and non-superstars will get fined for flopping.

ambchang
10-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Seemed like my weak-mind broke yours. Love having you follow me around, helps build up my weak self-esteem.

temujin
10-05-2012, 11:50 AM
What I am interested in is the reaction of S. Jackson to the "new" rule on Technical fouls.
"IF you stare at the opponent's bench, without saying a word, that is going to be a T, depending on how HARD you actually stare."

I'd love to know TD's reaction to the new rule:
"If you block a shot of a 6'10 opponent whose initials are K and D, you will be charged with a fould, unless the said opponent has already taken 65 FTs.

Or Parker's reaction on another new rule:
"IF you don't touch an opponent, but the opponent scores, that is an authomatic And1"

Or Leonard's reaction to the most creative new rule:
"If you get clubbed in the head and lose the ball out of bounds, it opponent's ball: in the end, he didn't touch the ball, but your head.

z0sa
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Just a TOSB being his TOself tbh

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm going to post incessant Kobe hatred and jealousy then backtrack and make excuses

Good strategy, champ:tu

ambchang
10-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Good strategy, champ:tu

? You saw me post about Kobe in this thread? Help me find it, must have gone blind.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 01:44 PM
? You saw me post about Kobe in this thread? Help me find it, must have gone blind.

If one were to do a search of your last, say...100 posts in this forum, what percentage would mention or reference Kobe?

70%, maybe? Do you agree that a normal person would find that obsessive and unhealthy?

You can't win, ambchang...there's only degrees of losing for you.

Proxy
10-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Exaggerating the call is the equalizer to the advantage players have on offense. Allow hand-checking on the perimeter again.

I'll be interested in seeing how many flops are called against international players vs black players at the end of this year.

HI-FI
10-05-2012, 02:53 PM

there's no need to get personal with ambchang about being a dad. should we hold your dad accountable for the glib, emo puss you've become?

besides he raises a good point. flopping needs to be curtailed, but the league will probably fuck it up and continue letting superstars get away with whatever they want.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
there's no need to get personal with ambchang about being a dad. should we hold your dad accountable for the glib, emo puss you've become?

besides he raises a good point. flopping needs to be curtailed, but the league will probably fuck it up and continue letting superstars get away with whatever they want.
I have no idea who you are.

AussieFanKurt
10-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Exaggeration of contact stems from shitty reffing and players just trying to get the call they deserve.

DMC
10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Then I see the refs using this as a tool to say that they are fair, continue to give flops to the "preferred" team, then hand out monetary punishments, giving the false impression of fairness, while further infuriating fans.

Seriously though, tough to call. Could you imagine, Game 6 of a WCF, home team up by 1, some guy flops on defense and got an offensive foul call on the opposition, have the basket waived off, won the game, then the next day, the league said, oops, wrong call, that was a flop, shouldn't have been an offensive foul called. $5K fine, but you win a pivotal game in the playoffs, sorry I screwed you road team.

All hell would break loose, and for some strange reason, you can count on that home team being one of the preferred teams, never fails.

Yes, but that's how it goes. The majority of flops happen away from the ball, and many are indeed never called but nothing gets done about it so it continues. Where the ball is concerned, the refs will continue to be the in-situ governing authority. You cannot change a culture overnight but you can make a showing that you are trying. That's about all Stern is after.

It happens in most contact sports, even boxing. It's basically impossible to stop/detect it all the time, real time.

UZER
10-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I love how Lakers fans always call out manu yet Fisher is every bit as bad if not worse and they also loved vlade when he was a Laker. I hate flopping period whether its manu fisher Paul or anyone. How about the verbal flops and flailing arms on every drive that doesnt result in a basket for Kobe and pau. Ive seen then get countless calls from doing this.

UZER
10-05-2012, 08:23 PM

Correction...all hell would only break loose if if went against the Lakers favor or other favorite teams. Case and point...the Fisher no call on Barry...the national media was like "eh...Barry didn't really sell it enough". Which now that I think about it actually contradicts what they are complaining about. Again proving the point....only if it goes against the Lakers if everyone up in arms.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I love how spurfans still cry about officiating and swear the Lakers have all those advantages, yet they still continue to watch a league with a supposedly stacked deck. What simple, simple people:lol

mavs>spurs
10-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Dont you continually make excuses for Kobe though? Good thing you don't have any children.

ambchang
10-05-2012, 11:12 PM
If one were to do a search of your last, say...100 posts in this forum, what percentage would mention or reference Kobe?

70%, maybe? Do you agree that a normal person would find that obsessive and unhealthy?

You can't win, ambchang...there's only degrees of losing for you.

So in this thread, where I have not talked about Kobe, your main arguments against mine is that I talked about Kobe in 70% of the posts in other threads?

What I do find is that over the last few days, 100% of my post have you commenting on them, do you agree that a normal person would find that obsessive and unhealthy?

You talking about degrees of losing? Which is just odd, what was I trying to win? I really can't win because I am not trying to win anything, unless you are trying to lose something, and I just somehow win by default.

ambchang
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I have no idea who you are.

Do you think he knows who you are? Wait, you know anyone on this board?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Dont you continually make excuses for Kobe though? Good thing you don't have any children.
What excuses?

mavs>spurs
10-06-2012, 12:02 AM
The ones you make for kobe's chucking on the regular, don't flip flop now just own it

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-06-2012, 12:07 AM
The ones you make for kobe's chucking on the regular, don't flip flop now just own it
Could you be more specific.

ambchang
10-06-2012, 08:39 AM
He could be specific by suing 70% of your last, say, 100 posts were Kobe excuse making posts. Is that specific enough?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-06-2012, 09:02 AM
So in this thread, where I have not talked about Kobe, your main arguments against mine is that I talked about Kobe in 70% of the posts in other threads?

What I do find is that over the last few days, 100% of my post have you commenting on them, do you agree that a normal person would find that obsessive and unhealthy?

You talking about degrees of losing? Which is just odd, what was I trying to win? I really can't win because I am not trying to win anything, unless you are trying to lose something, and I just somehow win by default.

Do you think he knows who you are? Wait, you know anyone on this board?

Yes, I know exactly who you are. You're the guy who makes excuses and has whined about Kobe, the officiating, and Stern since you've been on this board. It's easy to spot you too, since you've had the same David Robinson avatar for the 3 years I've been laughing at your posts. You are a stupid human being, and weak-minded individual with a weak constitution. For 3 years you've been doing nothing but complaining, but like I said--I know you and I know why you do it:

1. You hate Kobe and the Lakers--and thus have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to them--because they overshadowed your team's only period of relevancy (5>4).
2. You call Kobe a coat-tailer b/c you grew up watching the most egregious coat-tailer of all-time in David Robinson--a born loser who is best known for getting his ass penetrated repeatedly by Hakeem on the biggest stage of D-Rob's career. He thought Jesus would save him from being a mentally weak leader who habitually underperformed in the playoffs, but it wasn't so.
3. The irony of Spurfan saying Kobe coat-tailed those 3 first titles is beautiful, in that during the 2001 and 2002 playoff runs, Kobe face-raped your wittle Spurs:cry like no other team's been destroyed before. In fact, has there ever been a player in Spurs playoff history that has inflicted more damage upon them than Kobe Bryant? Serious question...through the years I can't think of another single player who has repeatedly buttfucked your franchise like he has. This is why you're an angry and bitter human being.

I can find a post of yours from 3 years ago and it will be chock full of anguish and Kobe/Laker hatred just like you have now. You haven't evolved or let the hate run its course.

Now, fast-forward to this week and you have become so weak-minded that you are now preemptively blaming the officials for a rule that you think will favor the Lakers:lmao Who behaves like that? Who perptually makes excuses in life for things that haven't even happened yet? Mentally weak people do. Perhaps this isn't your fault, though. The mentally weak genes were probably passed down to you, just like you'll pass them down to your son. Without eugenics, this can't be stopped, unfortunately.

He could be specific by suing 70% of your last, say, 100 posts were Kobe excuse making posts. Is that specific enough?

You are certainly welcome to try and find that 70%. If you can't, then I've once again proved you to be a liar (in addition to being mentally weak).

Lemme save you you're cookie-cutter comeback b/c you clearly have nothing else to offer but bitterness and jealousy: "Well you'll just follow me around, won't you!:cry"

Yes, whenever we cross e-paths I will always let you know how mentally weak and bitter you sound. Laughing at retards like yourself--although cheap--is one of my favorite past times.

Now go grab your fuckin' shine box

YoMamaIsCallin
10-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Flopping and fouling are two different things. There can be a foul by player A and a flop by player B and it's still a foul by player A and the refs should call the foul. What the flopping fines are trying to do is cut down on the exaggerated reactions inconsistent with the kinetic energy transferred to the other player by the contact, taking into account the player's size, position, and alignment/stability. The league feels this cheapens the game and turns off fans.

That said, there certainly are flops without contact, as Ginobili mentioned. Personally I think JJ Barea is the most guilty of this type of flop. Watch him in slo mo sometime, it's straight up pretending that he got hit. You'd think there was a sniper in the stands shooting rubber bullets at him every time he gets near another player.

I think these new fines will actually help the refs make better calls, because they won't feel they have to police flopping by no-calling fouls when flops occur.

DMC
10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I love how non-Laker fans still cry about officiating and swear the Lakers have all those advantages, yet they still continue to watch a league with a supposedly stacked deck. What simple, simple people:lol

fify

DMC
10-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, I know exactly who you are. You're the guy who makes excuses and has whined about Kobe, the officiating, and Stern since you've been on this board. It's easy to spot you too, since you've had the same David Robinson avatar for the 3 years I've been laughing at your posts. You are a stupid human being, and weak-minded individual with a weak constitution. For 3 years you've been doing nothing but complaining, but like I said--I know you and I know why you do it:

1. You hate Kobe and the Lakers--and thus have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to them--because they overshadowed your team's only period of relevancy (5>4).
2. You call Kobe a coat-tailer b/c you grew up watching the most egregious coat-tailer of all-time in David Robinson--a born loser who is best known for getting his ass penetrated repeatedly by Hakeem on the biggest stage of D-Rob's career. He thought Jesus would save him from being a mentally weak leader who habitually underperformed in the playoffs, but it wasn't so.
3. The irony of Spurfan saying Kobe coat-tailed those 3 first titles is beautiful, in that during the 2001 and 2002 playoff runs, Kobe face-raped your wittle Spurs:cry like no other team's been destroyed before. In fact, has there ever been a player in Spurs playoff history that has inflicted more damage upon them than Kobe Bryant? Serious question...through the years I can't think of another single player who has repeatedly buttfucked your franchise like he has. This is why you're an angry and bitter human being.

I can find a post of yours from 3 years ago and it will be chock full of anguish and Kobe/Laker hatred just like you have now. You haven't evolved or let the hate run its course.

Now, fast-forward to this week and you have become so weak-minded that you are now preemptively blaming the officials for a rule that you think will favor the Lakers:lmao Who behaves like that? Who perptually makes excuses in life for things that haven't even happened yet? Mentally weak people do. Perhaps this isn't your fault, though. The mentally weak genes were probably passed down to you, just like you'll pass them down to your son. Without eugenics, this can't be stopped, unfortunately.

You are certainly welcome to try and find that 70%. If you can't, then I've once again proved you to be a liar (in addition to being mentally weak).

Lemme save you you're cookie-cutter comeback b/c you clearly have nothing else to offer but bitterness and jealousy: "Well you'll just follow me around, won't you!:cry"

Yes, whenever we cross e-paths I will always let you know how mentally weak and bitter you sound. Laughing at retards like yourself--although cheap--is one of my favorite past times.

Damn!

That's some long winded non-Kobe defense right there I tell ya.

mavs>spurs
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Damn!

:lmao

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Damn!

:lol5 years from the grave and spending the golden years trying to make friends with 20-yr old mavfans

DMC
10-07-2012, 05:09 PM
:lol5 years from the grave and spending the golden years trying to make friends with 20-yr old mavfans

Having decent friends enhances the golden years imo.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-07-2012, 05:16 PM
That's adorable...u scros ride tandem bike too?

ambchang
10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes, I know exactly who you are. You're the guy who makes excuses and has whined about Kobe, the officiating, and Stern since you've been on this board. It's easy to spot you too, since you've had the same David Robinson avatar for the 3 years I've been laughing at your posts. You are a stupid human being, and weak-minded individual with a weak constitution.
LOL, this would have been laughable if it wasn’t for it being so pathetic. So instead of coming back with any solid response, you, once again, go on some sort of rant that couldn’t be substantiated or anything. What excuses have I made about Kobe, officiating, and Stern? Pulling a page out of your playbook, could you be more specific? Do you evaluate how you “know’ someone as whether you have read somebody’s post and draw conclusions on those.

The internet is a strange place, where posts do not necessarily reflect on an individual. There are posts that were written that will never be said in real life, and you should know, because you have just written a post you wouldn’t (I hope) say to another human being face to face.

And apparently, my stupid weak-mind with a weak constitution has just snapped yours into pieces, prompting you into this hate-filled post that you just had. I guess what you just proved that is no matter now stupid and weak-minded a person is, there is always someone with a weaker mind and is more stupid.

For 3 years you've been doing nothing but complaining, but like I said--I know you and I know why you do it:

Just keep this thought for a second.

I have posted multiple times, I think he was a fantastic shooting guard and basketball player. I don’t hate him. It’s tough to hate a person that I have never met, will never meet, do not know/care of my own existence, and does not have any impact on my life. Whether Kobe won 5 rings or not and whether the Spurs won 4 rings or not is inconsequential. I find only stupid, weak-minded people and those with a weak constitution would base any self-worth of whether their favourite team/player have more championship rings than others.

It may be your way of evaluating life, but I hope and pray that most people do not subscribe to this juvenile outlook in life.

That is just some sort of conclusion only a weak-minded, stupid person with a weak constitution can come up with. Instead of acknowledging the fact that Kobe was a 2nd banana on fantastic early 00s Lakers teams, you go on the attack around things that are of no consequence. I mean, duh! Robinson was obviously a 2nd banana in the 99 and 03 ring. You can even argue Robinson was a 3rd banana on the 03 ring, no objections from me.

By that rationale, shouldn’t I hate Shaq even more? Shaq, afterall drew the defense that allowed Kobe to roam free and destroyed the Spurs like he did, scoring over defensive juggernauts like Antonio Daniels and Derek Anderson, while Shaq had to contend with nobodies like Tim Duncan and Robinson in 01, and then scoring 26.1 ppg on 45.5% shooting vs. Bruce Bowen single teams.

Then please find it.

You found me talking about the Lakers in this thread? Could you quote me? I don’t think I have actually mentioned anything Lakers related until you somehow brought in your favourite player in this discussion, and not anything specific to the Lakers until, well, this post as a direct response to your highly curious assertion that I am talking about the refs favouring the Lakers.

Hmmm ... let me break this down for you...

You said: Could you be more specific.
I said: He could be more specific ....
I am unsure whether you are familiar with the word “could”. Could by definition, is a hypothetical. It isn’t saying, "He should" say that to be more specific, or "you ARE this and that" to be specific. It has no bearing of how the rest of the sentence go, it’s a hypothetical, or a suggestion.

In this case, it wasn’t even a suggestion as to the rest of the sentence being factual, it’s a hypothetical in saying the rest of the sentence could potential satisfy your request of increase specificity. I am not exactly sure how this could “prove” me being a liar in any way, shape or form.

The second issue that came up in your assertion is, if I were to apply your same stringent standards onto yourself, would you be able to come up with 70% of my posts being Kobe-related? Perhaps? Maybe? Would this be an indication of yourself saying you are a liar?

Or to take it further, if I were to go through my post of the last 3 years, and found one single post, or even quote that does not have any element of complaint in it (reference your quote from above), would that mean that you are a liar? To top it off, it would be you calling yourself a liar, because you came up with this measuring stick.

I haven’t even thought of that in this response, because it has absolutely nothing to do with following me around now that we are engaged in some sort of semi-civilized debate., but thanks for the suggestion.

Wow, you are laughing at me over the internets? I am torn! :(:( This is the worst thing to happen to me because some guy I never met in my life is playing internet tough guy to bully me despite arguing him/her self to the ground.

Grow up, get a life, meet some real people, and actually get to know them for Pete’s sake. Don’t go around labelling people certain ways by reading some random posts you have on the internet.

I can’t say much about your real life, but your display on this one single post make me pity you.