PDA

View Full Version : Predictions revisited

Avante
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
These from June.

There won't be a white sprinter on our Olympic 100/200 team, male or female. (nailed it!)

We will hear...he has world class speed...the first time we see RGIII play a game for the Redskins. He doesn't by the way.

(nailed it!)

We will hear..."greatness is measured by Championships won"...when talking about LeBron James in the up coming NBA Championships.

(nailed it!)

The USA will win the Olympic 4x4 relay. Both mens and womens.

(nope!)

Tim Tebow will be the Jets QB by season end.

(very real possibilty)

USC will win the NCAA. We will see a playoff system put in place.

(nope/yep)

Obama for 4 more years.

(nailed it!)

Before the end of 2012 we will suffer another terrorist attack similiar to 911.

(I hope I'm wrong)

The Niners will win the NFL.

(doubting it)

Boxing will continue to suck.

(nailed it!)

Rappers will continue to show everyone why country music is better.

(nailed it!)

Mexico will buy California.

(Hmmmm?)

Hollywood will bring Lee Childs Jack Reacher to the big screen.

(nailed it!)

Jamaica will run the first sub37.00 in the 4x1.

(nailed it!)

Last edited by Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/posthistory.php?p=5970974); 06-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Blake
12-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Avante won't hit 70%

Nailed it!

cantthinkofanything
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
From July:

originally posted by cantthinkofanything:

I think Avante and slvrblkmystix will have a baby together but the doctors will confuse it for a turd and flush it down the toilet.

Trill Clinton
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM
These from June.

There won't be a white sprinter on our Olympic 100/200 team, male or female. (nailed it!)

We will hear...he has world class speed...the first time we see RGIII play a game for the Redskins. He doesn't by the way.

(nailed it!)

We will hear..."greatness is measured by Championships won"...when talking about LeBron James in the up coming NBA Championships.

(nailed it!)

The USA will win the Olympic 4x4 relay. Both mens and womens.

(nope!)

Tim Tebow will be the Jets QB by season end.

(very real possibilty)

USC will win the NCAA. We will see a playoff system put in place.

(nope/yep)

Obama for 4 more years.

(nailed it!)

Before the end of 2012 we will suffer another terrorist attack similiar to 911.

(I hope I'm wrong)

The Niners will win the NFL.

(doubting it)

(nailed it!)

(nailed it!)

Mexico will buy California.

(Hmmmm?)

(nailed it!)

Jamaica will run the first sub37.00 in the 4x1.

(nailed it!)

Last edited by Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/posthistory.php?p=5970974); 06-12-2012 at 01:56 AM.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc515/chicitylepio/clap.gif

Avante
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
From July:

Why try and rise above..."I fucked your mama"....why chance it?

CuckingFunt
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM

(nailed it!)

(nailed it!)

(nailed it!)

You're taking credit for accurately predicting your own personal tastes and that Hollywood would make a film that had already completed principal photograph six months before you made your predictions?

Avante
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
You're taking credit for accurately predicting your own personal tastes and that Hollywood would make a film that had already completed principal photograph six months before you made your predictions?

I really didn't know that.

I was at a yard sale a couple years ago, old lady has a bunch of books, she asked me..."ever read Lee Childs"...I told her .."nope". That was a dozen books ago, I'm reading one right now. Jack Reacher is tailor made for the silver screen, better than Patterson's Alex Cross.

Do you really think I'd post that prediction if I knew how easy it would be to do what you just did? I really didn't know. I really don't keep up with what Hollywood is working on.

Blake
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
I predict Avante will continue to suck.

I predict SBM will continue to suck Avante.

Avante
12-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm sure all of you have noticed I have my very own pet here. It's really getting sad watching this, yep pity is setting in. Should I toss the poor dog a bone? Nay, fuck him!

Blake
12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I predict Avante will continue to suck.

Nailed it!

CuckingFunt
12-04-2012, 01:57 PM

I was at a yard sale a couple years ago, old lady has a bunch of books, she asked me..."ever read Lee Childs"...I told her .."nope". That was a dozen books ago, I'm reading one right now. Jack Reacher is tailor made for the silver screen, better than Patterson's Alex Cross.

Do you really think I'd post that prediction if I knew how easy it would be to do what you just did? I really didn't know. I really don't keep up with what Hollywood is working on.

No one can ever or will ever know what you do with your computer, but whether or not you knew at the time of your post that the film had already been shot is largely irrelevant. A prediction is meant to predict something that will happen in the future. Therefore, finding out later that thing already happened doesn't really count as an accurate prediction. Certainly not one to brag about.

Avante
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
No one can ever or will ever know what you do with your computer, but whether or not you knew at the time of your post that the film had already been shot is largely irrelevant. A prediction is meant to predict something that will happen in the future. Therefore, finding out later that thing already happened doesn't really count as an accurate prediction. Certainly not one to brag about.

I totally disagree.

After about the fourth book I started thinking about Sam Spade, Phillip Marlowe, Alex Cross and the literary hero was brought to the movies and how Jack Reacher was on that level, so why not a movie? The fact others also thought that has nothing to do with me predicting it to happen since I was unaware that it was already in the works.

Dad goes to play some poker, you tell mom...."I bet he wins 50 bucks"..then in walks dad with the 50 bucks he won. Just because he 'd already won it................................................

johnsmith
12-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I totally disagree.

After about the fourth book I started thinking about Sam Spade, Phillip Marlowe, Alex Cross and the literary hero was brought to the movies and how Jack Reacher was on that level, so why not a movie? The fact others also thought that has nothing to do with me predicting it to happen since I was unaware that it was already in the works.

Dad goes to play some poker, you tell mom...."I bet he wins 50 bucks"..then in walks dad with the 50 bucks he won. Just because he 'd already won it................................................

Well, you've also proven yourself to be a liar, so saying "I didn't know" just doesn't mean much to anyone.

dirk4mvp
12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
:lol too embarrassed to talk his predictions in the NFL forum anymore, hoping the judyntx's of the world give a shit about your lame vanilla guesses.

cantthinkofanything
12-04-2012, 02:16 PM

"Jack Reacher" LOL.

CuckingFunt
12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I totally disagree.

Of course you do.

Does Dad wait six months to come home? And are his winnings the topic of multiple conversations on the interwebs during those six months?

cantthinkofanything
12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Of course you do.

Does Dad wait six months to come home?

Avante: "Dad never did come home."

Avante
12-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Of course you do.

Does Dad wait six months to come home? And are his winnings the topic of multiple conversations on the interwebs during those six months?

Actually I remembered predicting Tebow would end up a starter. Forgot all those other predictions until I searched it out. Then I noticed my Jack Reacher prediction.

Once more...

Knowing the climate here do you really think I thought I could get away predicing a movie already in the works knowing had badly it has to be..."well no shit dude, the movie is already being made ya dumb fuck"....come on it isn't real obvious I didn't know about it?

Avante
12-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Avante: "Dad never did come home."

cantwhatever: "Dad was gay?'

Avante
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
:lol too embarrassed to talk his predictions in the NFL forum anymore, hoping the judyntx's of the world give a shit about your lame vanilla guesses.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Blake
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM

And then Mason wakes up and realizes he is starving Per par etc so on

cantthinkofanything
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
cantwhatever: "Dad was gay?'

Avante: "my ball smells like my cableman's saliva"

dirk4mvp
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I love it when a plan comes together.

Too bad your plan of hitting the mark on bets this year isn't going anywhere.

CuckingFunt
12-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Actually I remembered predicting Tebow would end up a starter. Forgot all those other predictions until I searched it out. Then I noticed my Jack Reacher prediction.

Once more...

Knowing the climate here do you really think I thought I could get away predicing a movie already in the works knowing had badly it has to be..."well no shit dude, the movie is already being made ya dumb fuck"....come on it isn't real obvious I didn't know about it?

I already said it didn't matter whether or not you knew about movie before making your "prediction." Being right about something that happened six months ago simply isn't a prediction to begin with.

Keep moving those goal posts, though. That's really working in your favor, I think.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I already said it didn't matter whether or not you knew about movie before making your "prediction." Being right about something that happened six months ago simply isn't a prediction to begin with.

Keep moving those goal posts, though. That's really working in your favor, I think.

Whatever.

Avante
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Too bad your plan of hitting the mark on bets this year isn't going anywhere.

Dude, we have how many games left and I'm at even in the pros.

Blake
12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Dude, we have how many games left and I'm at even in the pros.

Not enough games for you to reach your prediction of you predicting 70%.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Some things I predicted circa 6 months ago

-Spurs would beat the Thunder on D-Day (they didn't)

-Matt Bonner wasn't going anywhere this offseason (he didn't!)

-I would not go see The Dark Knight Rises due to the quality of work in the first page of the script that SB leaked (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200565&p=5998743&viewfull=1#post5998743) (this one is a push. I did go see it, but from what I could tell this must have been a much earlier draft. Little of the dialogue listed there appeared anywhere in the film)

-Jim Croce > Gordon Lightfoot. (Nailed it, just as Jimbo nailed that Canadian's ass to the tree of woe.)

-That management here would require all responses to be in rap form when Spurstalk relaunched. (This was more a hope than a prediction, but it went unfulfilled.)

-Boris Diaw would hit Russell Westbrook and get two Thunder players suspended in the process. (Incorrect.)

-Mike Brown had a 5% chance of getting canned because Kobe loved that he was able to jack up enough shots to chase a scoring title last year. (Wrong in the long run but at the time it was a question of whether or not Brown would be the Lakers head coach when the 2012-13 season rolled around.)

-Suits on USA did not start killing a character off screen once a week (again, less a prediction than a wild eyed hope against hope, but it did not come to fruition)

Clipper Nation
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Avante will still be a retarded old fuck.... nailed it!

Avante
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Avante will still be a retarded old fuck.... nailed it!

As you continue to do.......0.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
He does continue to nail it tbh.