PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com: Spurs talking S&T with Portland, Rasho for Abdur-Rahim

Pages : [1] 2

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
From Chad Ford on ESPN.com:

Kevin (New Jersey): Hey Chad, how big are the chances of Shareef Abdur Rahim running alongside J Kidd, Vince, and RJ in a Nets uniform next season?

http://espn.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Chad Ford: (1:18 PM ET ) They are praying. He'd be a great fit there and both Shareef and the Nets know it. The problem is that several other teams like the Spurs are talking sign-and-trade with the Blazers. That allows them to pay more money. The Blazers are trying to work out a Rasho Nesterovic for Abdur-Rahim swap.

I like this. You get Abdur-Rahim for a guy who didn't factor into your title run and whose long term future was quite uncertain in SA.

Tobias
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Well a Rasho for SARS S&T won't help our cap situation as that implies their contracts will be similar.

SpursWoman
07-06-2005, 12:32 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/sweetc/ypray.gif :)

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Well a Rasho for SARS S&T won't help our cap situation as that implies their contracts will be similar.

Actually, it will, at least for this summer. If the Spurs did such a S&T then they would still have their MLE to use on other players (ie Scola).

ducks
07-06-2005, 12:33 PM
I like this more with horry still as a spur

also this would mean horry may be learning the ropes more of a coach
he said he would like to coach or be a scout after he is done playing

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/sweetc/ypray.gif :)

:lmao

My sentiments exactly (but they better have Nazr extended before they do this).

ducks
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
could you imagine this going down and then signing big dog

if the spurs needed o they could bring in some players who could lit it up

picnroll
07-06-2005, 12:36 PM
If SAR comes can't see Scola coming too. If they do get SAR trade Scola's rights for an unprotected draft pick.

2pac
I like this more with horry still as a spur

also this would mean horry may be learning the ropes more of a coach
he said he would like to coach or be a scout after he is done playing

That sounds like a lot of work. [/Horry]

George Gervin's Afro
Let's play along and assume this trade goes down. I am not sure what to make of the deal. On one hand the time of the dominant center is almost non-existant and picking up Rahim for the likes of the mobile big men in the league does make some sense. We had a terrible time with Stud-amire in the WCF and , at least on paper, Rahim would seem to be able to help out tremendously. On the other hand if one of our big guys went down, Nazr or Tim we would seriously suffer on the defensive end due to the lack of a 7 footer guarding the basket. I think overall our defensive scheme would suffer without a 7 footer coming off of the bench. any thoughts?

ducks
07-06-2005, 12:38 PM
this move would keep horry fresh for playoffs

Aggie Hoopsfan
BTW, I like that he says the Blazers are trying to work this out.

I was kind of skeptical that anyone would be willing to help us out via trades.

Marcus Bryant
could you imagine this going down and then signing big dog

if the spurs needed o they could bring in some players who could lit it up

If, perhaps, they signed Scola with the LLE plus $350K for the buyout with Tau and then offered GRobinson something starting in the $3.5 mil range as a starting salary for 2 or 3 seasons.

Still, this seems like a lot of salary commitments for Holt Cat to take on.

picnroll
Oberto for LLE.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Portland is another franchise that has dealt with the Spurs in the past, just like the Hawks, Knicks, Suns, and :lol Lakers ("the rich get richer")...

Aggie Hoopsfan
I think overall our defensive scheme would suffer without a 7 footer coming off of the bench. any thoughts?

Well, considering we had a 6'8" guy doing it (Horry) in the playoffs, I'd say that worked out okay.

Look, the overall trend in this league is for longer, athletic forward types, not the big brutes. That's one area where the Spurs need to improve at - having guys to match up with the likes of Amare, Rashard, etc.

Shareef gives you that.

Marcus Bryant
Oberto for LLE.

Well, if he would like to spend a season on IR then yeah, he can sign for that or whatever is left over of the MLE.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Let's play along and assume this trade goes down. I am not sure what to make of the deal. On one hand the time of the dominant center is almost non-existant and picking up Rahim for the likes of the mobile big men in the league does make some sense. We had a terrible time with Stud-amire in the WCF and , at least on paper, Rahim would seem to be able to help out tremendously. On the other hand if one of our big guys went down, Nazr or Tim we would seriously suffer on the defensive end due to the lack of a 7 footer guarding the basket. I think overall our defensive scheme would suffer without a 7 footer coming off of the bench. any thoughts?

TD functions as the backup 5.

Solid D
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Maybe I'd rather have Przybilla, if the Spurs are dealing with the Blazers.

SequSpur
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Its great to have a bunch of good players, but are these guys happy with sitting on their asses for most of the season?

batman2883
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Music to my ears please tell me this trade goes down, and get Rasho off the team already. I still see the Spurs getting Scola though i doubt very highly they let a player of that magnitude slip through their fingers

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
This would be wonderful. I don't like having to take a similar contract back, but at least it won't tie up the MLE.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
you get a young forward who can put up good numbers if td has to sit out a few games... and the power forward you can depend on to rest horry in the regular season... for rasho... a guy they wont use if they start nazr.

picnroll
07-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Oberto is a fairly physical player and decent post defender, without Rasho needed backup for Naz and Duncan should either go down or be in foul trouble. Horry, SAR, Scola aren't capable of the C position against physical Cs.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Its great to have a bunch of good players, but are these guys happy with sitting on their asses for most of the season?

Since your starting center won't likely be breaking 30 minutes a game and you'd like to limit the minutes of your primary backup big to around 15, yeah, there's room at the inn.

mookie2001
07-06-2005, 12:46 PM
get someone
tall.
not short
tall.

Merlin
07-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, considering we had a 6'8" guy doing it (Horry) in the playoffs, I'd say that worked out okay.

Look, the overall trend in this league is for longer, athletic forward types, not the big brutes. That's one area where the Spurs need to improve at - having guys to match up with the likes of Amare, Rashard, etc.

Shareef gives you that.

Horry is not 6'8", more like 6'10". He and Duncan are about the same height.

spvrs
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
a slow footed tweener. just what we need!

I'd have Diaw and cap space for Rasho... (confirmed no brainer by swami chumpdumper)

shyne
I don't like this, SAR I don't think has ever played in a single playoff game before sure he will be good in the regular season, but how will the pressure affect him in the playoffs. Plus to me he seems a bit soft, but thats just my opinion. I'd rather have Scola who goes balls out everytime he steps on the court, and at least has some big game experience.

Marcus Bryant
So the Spurs might be looking at a frontline of...

Starters
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Mohammed

Bench
3 GRobinson
4 Horry
4 Abdur-Rahim
4 Scola

Someone remind me why this would be a bad thing. Granted, there is a lot that would have to happen for that to come to fruition, but still, what's wrong with something like that?

If Holt Cat et al are ready to spend, I'm down.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I'd rather have Przybilla, if the Spurs are dealing with the Blazers.I guess Joel is so offensively challenged that the Blazers are looking for a better compliment to Randolph spacing-wise. They'll instantly have one of the better center tandems in the league, for what that's worth to them. Easier to waive Ratliff after that -- something else I didn't initially consider.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't like this, SAR I don't think has ever played in a single playoff game before sure he will be good in the regular season, but how will the pressure affect him in the playoffs. Plus to me he seems a bit soft, but thats just my opinion. I'd rather have Scola who goes balls out everytime he steps on the court, and at least has some big game experience.

Yet, Scola hasn't played in a single NBA game.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Frontline rotation will get tighter in the post season, and if SAR doesn't perform in the playoffs he can take the seat at the end of the bench Rasho had during this years run.

bigzak25
07-06-2005, 12:51 PM
i think this trade sucks.

but i will assume i'm wrong and trust in Pop if the Spurs make it happen.

Marcus Bryant
I'm looking for the cloud between the silver lining if this is true.

Gummi
I like this. Maybe my dream will come true. But what are the Blazers thinking? Ratliff, Przybilla and then possibly Rasho. I know they want to trade Ratliff and they want to keep Przybilla in the starting lineup. I guess we have to wait and see.

TheTruth
Yet, Scola hasn't played in a single NBA game.
Good point.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for the cloud between the silver lining if this is true.
The cloud would be that it will hold back Scola's progression.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I'd have Diaw and cap space for Rasho.

Diaw? :lol He would be getting Linton Johnson type minutes on this team, and you want to trade him for a guy who was our starting center?

Quit digging.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Diaw? :lol He would be getting Linton Johnson type minutes on this team, and you want to trade him for a guy who was our starting center?

Quit digging."It's totally onesided in favor of the Spurs."

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
"It's totally onesided in favor of the Spurs."
didn't you have this argument last night?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Sorry, that just cracks me up.

When we get done with that one, why don't we trade Ginobili for Carlos Delfino?

shyne
To me SAR and Scola are in the same boat, neither have played in an NBA playoff game, and you guys know thats all that matters. At least we know that Scola is a winner and your going to get 100% every night, im not sure about that with SAR he has never even been on a playoff contending team.

constantstate
if this trade happens, i cant see how scola is coming. he's either gonna stay over there another year and finish his contract or be traded to a team that can pay/play him. thats just too many 4s man. one of those dudes would have to be on the ir the whole year... unless scola comes over for the lle and lle like money over the next 2 or more years... and they sit him and prep him to take over horry's mins.

easjer
07-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't like it. I don't see the need. Keep Nazr and Rasho until you see what Nazr gives you after training camp, bring Scola and see what he does and then look around for a young athletic forward - they seem to be everywhere and they all want to play for the Spurs.

I don't see why you fuck with a good thing on one or two questions marks (SARS in the playoffs? Scola in the league? Nazr on defense and catching passes?) that may or may not produce to the level you've already got.

Sorry.

I do promise to bite my tongue and trust Pop & Co if it happens.

ChumpDumper
didn't you have this argument last night?Just bringing AHF up to speed. It was an example of a salary dump, nothing more.

spvrs
what I really want is Aggie's Rasho for Deng and Nicioni.

P.S. sacramento traded 2 second rounders plus paid Keon's contract. hmmm... don't see Z signed in Alt. yet so maybe we still can swing it

clubalien
07-06-2005, 01:01 PM
SAR>scola
I say we trade scola for draft picks
and sign Oberto since after trading rasho we will only have one C and oberto or dike mutombo would be great backup Cs

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Again, I'm trying to find the cloud here. So far it's that SAR hasn't played in a NBA playoff game.

I need something more. This is SAR for Rasho, people. You already have another starting center and TD is your backup.

Where's the cloud...?

easjer
07-06-2005, 01:11 PM
We still don't know what Nazr will do. That's my problem. Not trading one of them - though I'd rather keep both - but trading away the guy who's done very well on defense for yet another question mark. I just don't get it.

Other than that . . . shrug. I don't mind SARS so much, if he drops the attitude and accepts a bench role and continues to perform then he's right up the Spurs alley.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Is the league moving more towards the mobile athletic bigmen or not? DRob was the prophet, now Amare is the reality. Or something like that.

easjer
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
To further expound, we've got a championship group. We've got a legit center and an athletic center, each with faults the other doesn't have. We've got rights to a foreign players who has performed fantastically elsewhere, but is a question mark - however we could bring him into a safe setting and answer the questions.

This trade creates more question marks - and it's for someone who is a bit of a question mark.

I don't see the need. Plain and simple.

easjer
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I think they are moving that way (athletic over big)- but there are still enough of the old guard around to warrant keeping one of them on your team.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Again, I'm trying to find the cloud here. So far it's that SAR hasn't played in a NBA playoff game.

I need something more. This is SAR for Rasho, people. You already have another starting center and TD is your backup.

Where's the cloud...?
theres no cloud there... maybe just a small one. too many 4's. if they do this trade you dont need/want scola... but you still need a 3. mle or lle? also, we might miss rasho against shaq, but just add another big body to the end of the bench for the 6 mandatory fouls they give anyone who gets in the way of "his heaviness" and you're set... and be sure you can lock nazr into an extension before his value increases... otherwise tim duncan is your starting center the following year.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
theres no cloud there... maybe just a small one. too many 4's. if they do this trade you dont need/want scola... but you still need a 3. mle or lle? also, we might miss rasho against shaq, but just add another big body to the end of the bench for the 6 mandatory fouls they give anyone who gets in the way of "his heaviness" and you're set... and be sure you can lock nazr into an extension before his value increases.

Perhaps the Spurs have too many 5s? TD is the backup center in SA, so the Spurs have effectively three centers. One of the 4s on the bench could spy some minutes at the 3.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Is the league moving more towards the mobile athletic bigmen or not? DRob was the prophet, now Amare is the reality. Or something like that.
in the west... with the exception of the sun blocking yao. but the east still has alot of heavies.

tophy7
Is Tmass playing next season?

Marcus Bryant
To further expound, we've got a championship group. We've got a legit center and an athletic center, each with faults the other doesn't have. We've got rights to a foreign players who has performed fantastically elsewhere, but is a question mark - however we could bring him into a safe setting and answer the questions.

This trade creates more question marks - and it's for someone who is a bit of a question mark.

Perhaps the need is that Horry won't be around forever and hey, you have a chance to add a 28 year old PF who's a proven scorer in this league, has a solid jumper with 3 point range, and gets to the line more in 5 games than Radosoft does in an entire season.

spvrs
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Personally I don't get this trade. We just won the championship with Duncan at 80%, with a center who was on the team for 1/2 the year, with 2 guys that are going to get better (Parker and Manu). A rookie point guard that got tossed in the fire and has a summer to work his failings... Add Devin Brown back and you have a LOT better team.

SAR means no Scola. Scola is the perfect guy to try because he'll be cheap. Unless Duncan is pushing hard for this I stay the course and pray some team is stupid enough to let you dump Rasho's salary

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
in the west... with the exception of the sun blocking yao. but the east still has alot of heavies.

The East has one heavy. Dampier could be called a "heavy", for example. Anyone worried about muscling up with him?

constantstate
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Perhaps the Spurs have too many 5s? TD is the backup center in SA, so the Spurs have effectively three centers. One of the 4s on the bench could spy some minutes at the 3.
whos the third center if we trade rasho?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Personally I don't get this trade. We just won the championship with Duncan at 80%, with a center who was on the team for 1/2 the year, with 2 guys that are going to get better (Parker and Manu). A rookie point guard that got tossed in the fire and has a summer to work his failings... Add Devin Brown back and you have a LOT better team.

SAR means no Scola. Scola is the perfect guy to try because he'll be cheap. Unless Duncan is pushing hard for this I stay the course and pray some team is stupid enough to let you dump Rasho's salary

You just won a title and you want to pass up an opportunity to get even better by moving a guy who didn't see hardly any minutes in your title run?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
whos the third center if we trade rasho?

You don't need a 3rd center. Or hell, you invite Mass back for a season to ride IR.

Sense
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
I wouldnt mind.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 01:23 PM
The East has one heavy. Dampier could be called a "heavy", for example. Anyone worried about muscling up with him?
i meant big tall guys. whos that dude that danny ferry is high on that plays center for the cavs?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Ilgauskas? Not worried about him.

GrandeDavid
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
I would definitely like to see this trade go down as well!

easjer
But we shouldn't rely on Timmy to be the back up. We should find a backup. We're stuck if Timmy gets injured and Nazr gets injured. It's fine for a few posessions against a smaller team, but shouldn't be standard. Otherwise, (imo, only) we push Timmy too hard and shoot ourselves in the foot if he goes down.

I'm not opposed to SARS. You make a good point about replacing Horry. But I think we can better fill that with Scola, sight unseen. He's younger, and plays well on the international stage. Further, we've got 2 years before we lose Horry, so I think it's worth sticking with what we've got for a year and then shopping out a center if it's not working.

Again, not opposed t SARS necessarily - my opposition lies elsewhere. I know, you'd think Rasho was paying me . . .

1Parker1
Wow, it's so nice that we have so many options to pick from. Just 2 years ago all we had was Rasho............

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
But we shouldn't rely on Timmy to be the back up. We should find a backup. We're stuck if Timmy gets injured and Nazr gets injured. It's fine for a few posessions against a smaller team, but shouldn't be standard. Otherwise, (imo, only) we push Timmy too hard and shoot ourselves in the foot if he goes down.

If both go down then the Spurs aren't going to win. Actually, then the Spurs are better suited to try to outscore teams by turning into a run and gun team versus a halfcourt one. Who fits in that more, SAR or Rasho?

The only way Horry is going to get court time is if TD plays some 5.

SpursChampsIII
07-06-2005, 01:31 PM

Where's the cloud...?

I don't know why anyone would even question this trade...especially if we keep Nazr too. SAR is a BMF.

clubalien
HINT tim duncan plays PF NOT center
what if nazr or tim gets injuried
remember rasho plaing great when tim was down?
i still like rasho for SAR but we need to pick up a center
because having only 1 center can get you in trouble
like i said dike mutambo , oberto, someone like that would work fine as a back up

50 cent
:elephant

Please let this happen!!!

50 cent
07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh, but extend Nazr if we are going to do this.

TheTruth
07-06-2005, 01:32 PM

Where's the cloud...?
The lack of a cloud is a direct tribute to how much ASS our FO kicks!!

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:33 PM
if this trade goes done
if duncan gets hurts spurs could win more games then without him

scola IS NOT A PROVEN NBA PLAYER FOLKS
the only good thing is he has played with manu
if he had not played with him would people still be as high on him

I know many here has always questions his d and rebounding

I was excited about scola. He was cheap but spurs should pony up the money they NEED TO BE A DYNSASTY WITH DUNCAN. MAYBE HOLT IS REALIZING HIS MISTAKE WITH DAVID

SpursChampsIII
07-06-2005, 01:33 PM

I'm not opposed to SARS. You make a good point about replacing Horry. But I think we can better fill that with Scola, sight unseen. He's younger, and plays well on the international stage. Further, we've got 2 years before we lose Horry, so I think it's worth sticking with what we've got for a year and then shopping out a center if it's not working.

Again, not opposed t SARS necessarily - my opposition lies elsewhere. I know, you'd think Rasho was paying me . . .

I've got news for you...we're screwed if Tim and Nazr get hurt, even if we still have Rasho.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
what if nazr or tim gets injuried

do you think spurs will win a title without duncan if spurs keep rasho?

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
THIS IS NOT GOING DOWN
SPURS DO NOT LET THIS GET OUT....
IF THIS GOES DOWN IT WILL BE WITHIN 24-48 hours NO MORE

zeleni
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM

You speak wisdom.

clubalien
07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
you forget that SAR plays 4, he is a huge sorcer, he was almost a frachise player not totaly there but close, was major focus of alanta team

this means if TiM gos down SAR takes his place, we still have a chance to win games, and then Tim comes back right before playoffs and we have a great record so we play bottom level teams, and tim build s back up for playoffs
so if tim gets hurt SAR is actual a better option

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:40 PM
THIS MOVE WILL MAKE THE SPURS START OFF well

also will keep all players fresh because they will not have to play as many minutes

manu will not have to play over 30 minutes a game ....

timvp
07-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I think the Spurs thinking is:

1) Adapting to the new league. Today, players are faster ... especially power forwards. Having a huge center isn't as important as it was even a couple seasons ago.

2) Spacing. Like I said in that thread where I was advocating Donyell Marshall, the Spurs play much better when their power forward/center opposite of Tim Duncan is lifted. That give more room for The Big Three to operate. SARS could step away from the basket and still be effective.

3) Saving Horry. You don't want Horry playing more than 15-18 minutes in the regular season. With Duncan around 32 minutes and Nazr around 28 minutes, that's 36 minutes you have to fill with backup bigs. That's where SARS comes in.

4) Uncertainty regarding Scola. The Spurs scouts have watched and talked to this guy more than everyone on this forum combined. If they have an idea that he won't work in the NBA, then the Spurs have to go out and get someone who will work out. If the Spurs decide he's not what he's cracked up to be or that they're better off trading him, it's hard to go against the best scouting department in the league.

5) Trading one of Nazr or Rasho limits any bad blood that could arise next season. It makes the roles much more obvious going into the season. And let's face it, Nazr and Rasho are hot commodities on the open market ... even though it doesn't seem that way to Spurs fans that are spoiled when it comes to centers. Both of these guys can play and 75% of the teams in the league would love to have them.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Seriously, if the Spurs lost TD and Nazr, then it makes more sense to turn into a Suns' clone.

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Horry
5 SAR (yes, I know he's not a true center)

Might as well try to outscore teams then and SAR would help more in that scenario than Rasho.

spvrs
07-06-2005, 01:44 PM
4) Uncertainty regarding Scola. The Spurs scouts have watched and talked to this guy more than everyone on this forum combined. If they have an idea that he won't work in the NBA, then the Spurs have to go out and get someone who will work out. If the Spurs decide he's not what he's cracked up to be or that they're better off trading him, it's hard to go against the best scouting department in the league.

can't argue with that.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
If Spurs Have Either That That Scola Will Not Work Out Or His Buyout Is To High
They Could Do This And Let Scola's Contract Run Out And Let Him Improve. They Would Not Have To Trade Him Yet
Are They Going To Go After Big Dog?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, if the Spurs do this then they would still have their MLE and LLE.

Supergirl
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
So the Spurs might be looking at a frontline of...

Starters
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Mohammed

Bench
3 GRobinson
4 Horry
4 Abdur-Rahim
4 Scola

Someone remind me why this would be a bad thing. Granted, there is a lot that would have to happen for that to come to fruition, but still, what's wrong with something like that?.

Because the Spurs would be trading a good , 7' defensive center who helped them get to where they were in the regular season for a small forward/power forward. Scola and Horry are good but one cannot play long minutes, b/c we need him the the playoffs, and one will be a rookie. Mohammed - who I like a lot - has never playeda full season with the Spurs. I think the Spurs would be risking a lot if they gave up on Rasho this offseason. Keep him through the season, see how Mohammed does over the course of 82 games with the Spurs, and then see. They may need him, and I fear they will regret it if htey trade him. A decent 7 footer is hard to come by these days, and Rasho is still one of the better centers in the NBA - after Shaq and Brad Miller it's hard to see who's much better.

ducks
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Oberto COULD STILL COME

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Because the Spurs would be trading a good , 7' defensive center who helped them get to where they were in the regular season for a small forward/power forward. Scola and Horry are good but one cannot play long minutes, b/c we need him the the playoffs, and one will be a rookie. Mohammed - who I like a lot - has never playeda full season with the Spurs. I think the Spurs would be risking a lot if they gave up on Rasho this offseason. Keep him through the season, see how Mohammed does over the course of 82 games with the Spurs, and then see. They may need him, and I fear they will regret it if htey trade him. A decent 7 footer is hard to come by these days, and Rasho is still one of the better centers in the NBA - after Shaq and Brad Miller it's hard to see who's much better.

The Spurs have two centers other than Rasho and Rasho didn't really provide anything in the title run. He also has averaged under 30 minutes a game during his career as a Spur and his offensive production is downright abyssmal for a player of his size and skill.

With SAR you get a guy who compliments TD's offensive game much better and who at 28 years of age still has a lot of basketball left. You also get a guy whose game is much better suited to what the Spurs are going to be facing at the 4 in the NBA going forward. As it currently stands, a lot of time TD gets to rest a little when he's guarding the opposing backup 5s of the league defensively. If you still have Rasho coming off the bench, then TD has to match up with typically quicker 4s...

Jimcs50
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
His FT shooting is too good for SA....he will have to miss more FTs to fit in.

JUUOT
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Some may scream reading this but the way i see this i would prefer Nazr to get traded than rasho. TIMVP showed in the donyell marshall for Nazr that mohamed might get very expensive to re-sign.
you can not take the risk to send rasho elsewhere until you found a reasonable extension contract with Nazr that is in rasho's price.
Than you can do this kind of trade.

It is the only thing i care. Scola or marshall or SAR all have arguments but we need first to clear the future by signing nazr otherwise all this could be destructed next summer cause spurs could not have the money to keep their legitimate center.

Jimcs50
07-06-2005, 02:03 PM
The Spurs have two centers other than Rasho and Rasho didn't really provide anything in the title run. He also has averaged under 30 minutes a game during his career as a Spur and his offensive production is downright abyssmal for a player of his size and skill.

With SAR you get a guy who compliments TD's offensive game much better and who at 28 years of age still has a lot of basketball left. You also get a guy whose game is much better suited to what the Spurs are going to be facing at the 4 in the NBA going forward. As it currently stands, a lot of time TD gets to rest a little when he's guarding the opposing backup 5s of the league defensively. If you still have Rasho coming off the bench, then TD has to match up with typically quicker 4s...

Marcus, I remember when we were calling for him to come to SA in 00, maybe we will finally get our wish, eh?

:)

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:04 PM
So instead of "Kersey for Rahim", it might end up being "Rasho for Rahim"....wtf is Flea Flicker?

constantstate
07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
normally i'd say dont fuck with a good thing. we have depth at every spot except the small forward. but getting a guy like sar who can score points in case timmy went out for a while. or to get him TRUE rest, along with robbert horry... DO IT. extend nazr fast too... lock these bitches up and win a few titles.

Rummpd
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Don't forget that we also have rights to a certain Lithuanian center who is doing all right in the Euro league = hint he recently won a MVP.

Jimcs50
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
He does not just score, he scores without taking a lot of shots, he is efficient, and that means that he will not be taking a lot of looks away from Manu, TP and TD, and that is a bonus.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:11 PM
SAR certainly knows how to get to the line, unlike Radosoft, and he knows how to convert from there.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Something to think about...

SAR is 6'9" 245 lbs.
Nazr is 6'10" 250 lbs.

Yet the impression is that SAR is slight because he's been a 4 his entire career whereas Nazr is much bigger because he's been a 5.

easjer
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Marcus, weren't you one of the folks begging Holt Cat to open the coffers and keep both Nazr and Rasho?

I want them both. Barring that - I want to know what Nazr can do before trading Rasho away, particularly when Nazr's contract, extension or FA, is in the air. Why on earth you would let him hold the Spurs wallet holders by the balls for a position we're ok in is beyond me. You don't trade Rasho till Nazr's locked up and you shouldn't lock up Nazr until you know whether or not his defense will come up to par after training camp.

Is it just because you want this guy so badly? Why do you want him so badly?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Marcus, weren't you one of the folks begging Holt Cat to open the coffers and keep both Nazr and Rasho?

Yes. Now something more attractive has come along.

I want them both. Barring that - I want to know what Nazr can do before trading Rasho away, particularly when Nazr's contract, extension or FA, is in the air. Why on earth you would let him hold the Spurs wallet holders by the balls for a position we're ok in is beyond me. You don't trade Rasho till Nazr's locked up and you shouldn't lock up Nazr until you know whether or not his defense will come up to par after training camp.

Is it just because you want this guy so badly? Why do you want him so badly?

I want this team to focus more on better bball decisions at this point. I definitely do not want as some do to see them milk a team with TD for all it's worth and not maximize his prime playing years.

Yes, that's a fan's perspective and, well, I'm a fan in this role.

easjer
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
No I see, just curiousity - not animosity or accusations. Thanks.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Here's a way to think about it, if the Spurs bring in both SAR and Scola and Scola is as good as all of the hype and eventually beats out SAR then you have a guy with somewhat of a marquee name to deal down the road.

SAR isn't even 30 yet.

td4mvp3
07-06-2005, 02:25 PM
i haven't seen anyone bring it up, but haven't lots of people complained that duncan is really a center instead of a power forward? any chance the front office is just looking to make that a reality by making him the starting center, nazr off the bench and then whoever coming in third (dikembe? any chance they could get him after this SAR thing, should it happen?) and have SAR at power forward followed by horry?

Guru of Nothing
07-06-2005, 02:30 PM
For those of you who like to think far in advance, here are all the centers (in addition Nazr) with contracts expiring after this next season.

Predrag Drobnjak
Jason Collier
Melvin Ely
Antonio Davis
DeSagana Diop
Shawn Bradley
Francisco Elson
Nene
Ben Wallace
Vin Baker
Yao Ming
Scot Pollard
Chris Wilcox
Vlade Divac
Lorenzen Wright
Alonzo Mourning
Michael Olowokandi
Jackson Vroman
Tony Battie
Kelvin Cato
Amare Stoudemire
Joel Przybilla
Loren Woods
Jarron Collins

kskonn
07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I don't think the spurs would ever officially make Tim a Center. It would make it much harder for him to be voted in to the All Star game. Unfortunately the Chinese vote is a little larger than the SA and Virgin Island vote.

Thant being said I like the trade. It gets us a great player. I also firmly believe that if it does happen then Pop and his crew have talked through everything we have times 10. They will be prepared and will have a plan to addreess the needs that will arise from any offseason transactions.

Banks91
07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
personally i wouldnt want duncan listed as center cuz he isnt, cuz cmon on he 6 11
,plus he wouldnt be the starting center at asg, even though duncan is light years ahead of Yao

constantstate
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
most of those big name guys will sign back with their teams. theres too much of an advantage to sign your own players (who are worth it)

Extra Stout
07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Duncan not a center?

To close out most playoff games, the Spurs went with a lineup of Duncan, Horry, Bowen, Ginobili, Parker.

Who's the center in that lineup? Horry?

There's a reason Duncan is listed as a F/C.

CalsonicKansei
07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
The spurs better capitalize on this shit because NJ and other teams are gonna try to convince him that they can win a championship which i think they cant but he needs to open his eyes and see this is a good thing for him. I just hope he wins a championship here and does not go back to ATL, fuckin pussy (Stephen Jackson). Because all the nba players do. They wanna go play for the Hawks.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:38 PM
This is definitely a time for the Spurs to be opportunistic. Rasho isn't bad for a big but he definitely has his limitations in this league. The league is moving away from him.

Also, again, if Rasho or Nazr was coming off the bench then TD would be forced to play more backup 4 and I can guarantee you that is more demanding than playing backup 5 on the defensive end in this league.

spurjur
07-06-2005, 02:41 PM
I think the trade sounds good. However, I believe the Spurs would have too many at the four spot. I say the Spurs should do it only if they throw in Theo Ratliff. Theo Ratlif is a true center and would be a great backup for Nazr. Theo Ratliff is the type of player Pop likes. Ratlif hits the glass hard and is a great shot blocker. Not only that, Ratliff will be a free agent next year. I think it makes sense for both teams. I seriously doubt that Ratliff would want to play another season in Portland. If they don't trade him, he will walk away from Portland and Portland wouldn't get anything for him next year.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:42 PM
What's the cliche I'm looking for...hmmm...

'You don't look a gift horse in the mouth'?

That seems to fit this scenario.

kskonn
07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Duncan not a center?

To close out most playoff games, the Spurs went with a lineup of Duncan, Horry, Bowen, Ginobili, Parker.

Who's the center in that lineup? Horry?

There's a reason Duncan is listed as a F/C.

NO, I agree Duncan plays a lot of center but because of Political reasons he will always be listed as a Forward.

SpizdiStrann
07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
comī on people.. :rolleyes rasho will stay where he is.. get real: he will be back next season, -and start next duncan every single season game.

easjer
07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't know. I sort of think "Beware Greeks bearing gifts" comes to mind.

But maybe that's just because you mentioned a horse and I was talking to someone about the Ilyad and the Odyssey not 10 minutes ago. . .

50 cent
07-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I think the trade sounds good. However, I believe the Spurs would have too many at the four spot. I say the Spurs should do it only if they throw in Theo Ratliff. Theo Ratlif is a true center and would be a great backup for Nazr. Theo Ratliff is the type of player Pop likes. Ratlif hits the glass hard and is a great shot blocker. Not only that, Ratliff will be a free agent next year. I think it makes sense for both teams. I seriously doubt that Ratliff would want to play another season in Portland. If they don't trade him, he will walk away from Portland and Portland wouldn't get anything for him next year.
And how exactly do you propose that working cap wise???

The Spurs don't need Theo. Just get SAR.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:52 PM
true, but this lineup would be just NAAAAASSSSSSSTTTTTYYYYYYY

Parker
Bowen
Gino
Scola
Duncan

This one is nastier:

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Abdur-Rahim
5 Duncan

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Again, what is wrong with this deal?

td4mvp3
07-06-2005, 02:57 PM
21 Time Duncan FC 6-11 260
2 Nazr Mohammad C 6-10 250

how is duncan not a center, regardless of political reasons, when he outweighs and is taller than our starting center? and i'm not so sure any one in the front office would care about the all star game (pop has already said he hates coaching the thing, and i didn't think tim got a bonus everytime he made it, but who knows) and there is no saying that duncan couldn't come off the bench for that game (might even be better, not logging too many minutes in a meaningless game). all of which is moot since nada has happened, but would moving duncan to center be all that implausible?

TheAfricanFan
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
People talk about center presence in the middle when the best interior defense doesn't have one on their rotation... (Detroit Pistons) :rolleyes

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
why does everyone keep badmouthing Scola, did you guys watch him destroy the USA team in the Post at the World Championships and Olympics in Athens. You keep saying that scola being called the best power forward in Europe is something not to care about, well guess what, Ginobili was called the best Shooting Guard in Europe right before he was signed by the spurs, and that kid turned out all right, well atleast the last time I checked,

Scola is going to be a monster in the paint everyone, HE IS MANU in a PF body

kskonn
07-06-2005, 03:01 PM
21 Time Duncan FC 6-11 260
2 Nazr Mohammad C 6-10 250

how is duncan not a center, regardless of political reasons, when he outweighs and is taller than our starting center? and i'm not so sure any one in the front office would care about the all star game (pop has already said he hates coaching the thing, and i didn't think tim got a bonus everytime he made it, but who knows) and there is no saying that duncan couldn't come off the bench for that game (might even be better, not logging too many minutes in a meaningless game). all of which is moot since nada has happened, but would moving duncan to center be all that implausible?

No I agree he would play center. He would just show as a forward.

for example

SAR --- Center
Duncan- PF
and so on

but yea once the game starts he would be a full fledge center. It just seems that officially calling him a center would be weird since so mnay people are now saying that he is the best forward to play the game, ever. I completely agree with your on the court set up. Besides in the spurs system I do not believe that the Center and Power forward position have that different of a roll. they both help and they both play high and low. Please correct and explain if I am wrong.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
What happens when Scola has to play man to man D? It's a lot easier to hide player deficiencies in that scrum I saw in the Olympics.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I still say try to do a sign and trade of Nazr for Nocioni, Pop has always liked Nocioni, and he would be a great future SF for the spurs

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:04 PM
scola did play man to man defense in the olympics; and he had some great blocks against duncan and the other big men on the USA team

Timoha
07-06-2005, 03:04 PM
I think that the Spurs should try to move Rahso. (Especially since they were able to win a championship without his participation in the playoffs and he has a very big contract.) I don't know much about SAR but he sounds like a great pick up. My only question is, if we pick up SAR, how would it affect our ability to get Scola? So much has been said about him and I really want to see him play on our team.

Kori Ellis
07-06-2005, 03:05 PM
I still say try to do a sign and trade of Nazr for Nocioni, Pop has always liked Nocioni, and he would be a great future SF for the spurs

Nocioni is already under contract with the Bulls. So wouldn't it have to be just a regular trade (not sign and trade)? He makes around $2.7M and Nazr makes around $5.5M, so there'd have to be more from Chicago.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
yeah I realize that Kori, the bulls would have to give us either cash, draft picks, or another player to make the deal work; but if Curry is unable to play next season the bulls wouldnt mind having a player like Nazr on their team. I think the spurs should worry about getting a SF before they go after a PF because we already have Scola to work with get the position we have the least depth in

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Scola clearly benefitted from the lax defensive rules in the Olympics.

Kori Ellis
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I think the spurs should worry about getting a SF before they go after a PF

I agree with that. I believe they need to get a young SF here ASAP to groom behind Bruce.

Extra Stout
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I agree with that. I believe they need to get a young SF here ASAP to groom behind Bruce.They have trade assets. If Rasho is shipped out for SAR, then Scola is expendable.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
and unlike Nazr, Rasho has proven he can play at a high level when duncan goes down with injury, what if Duncan sprains another ankle and is gone for 2 or 3 weeks, I dont think Nazr has the type of offense and defense to succeed without duncan on the court.

Rasho avg around 15 pts and 10 boards when duncna was gone with injury last season, I dont think Nazr can put up those type of offensive numbers and we need that from our bigman if duncan is down

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:16 PM
but that is the thing the spurs are not going to trade scola, they are too high on him to do that.

Extra Stout
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
but that is the thing the spurs are not going to trade scola, they are too high on him to do that.If they're that high on Scola, then they won't pull the trigger on the Rasho-SAR deal, unless the plan is to turn around next summer and deal SAR for a true 3.

constantstate
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
They have trade assets. If Rasho is shipped out for SAR, then Scola is expendable.
what kind of player is scola going to bring you? if scola is a one armed midget without the same skill set as manu? (what kind of asset is that?) cause thats all ive been hearing about scola. :)

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:20 PM
scola is going to be brought in to be the malik/manu energy player off the bench, and maybe eventually become a starter

but Scola will avg 10pts and 8 boards when he does become a spur

jcrod
07-06-2005, 03:21 PM
I like it, since it involves Rasho not Nazr. SAR would do great in this system. We still need a young 3 though.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:22 PM
constant they are not telling the truth about scola, he is a great player playing for one of the best European teams( like manu did), he plays with the same amount of energy and effort that manu does;

trust me Scola will not be a bust in this league, especially under the coaching of Pop

jcrod
07-06-2005, 03:23 PM
and unlike Nazr, Rasho has proven he can play at a high level when duncan goes down with injury, what if Duncan sprains another ankle and is gone for 2 or 3 weeks, I dont think Nazr has the type of offense and defense to succeed without duncan on the court.

Rasho avg around 15 pts and 10 boards when duncna was gone with injury last season, I dont think Nazr can put up those type of offensive numbers and we need that from our bigman if duncan is down

You don't do this thinking TD is going to get hurt. If TD gets hurt we don't win the title anyways. Nazr plays better next to TD then Rasho. SAR could pick up the scoring slack if TD gets hurt BTW.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
yeah nazr really showed how he could play in the finals ( mr. butterfingers) just hold on to the damn ball, I mean with size of hands he probably has it shouldnt be that hard to hold on to the ball

jcrod
07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah nazr really showed how he could play in the finals ( mr. butterfingers) just hold on to the damn ball, I mean with size of hands he probably has it shouldnt be that hard to hold on to the ball

True, but I think that will come with time. I don't think he was use to the guards handing it to him. The guards in NY would not of dump it, they would've still tried to score. Nazr throws it down, unlike Rasho, and a yr under this system will do wonders.

ducks
07-06-2005, 03:35 PM
How Many Players Losted The Ball The First Season Playing With Manu
He Makes Passes When They Are Not Expecting It. That Is Why I Like Him
So Sometimes It Results In A To
Spurs Had A To Problem Sometimes Without Nazr

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:38 PM
What if Scola struggles and sucks in the league?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:39 PM
If they're that high on Scola, then they won't pull the trigger on the Rasho-SAR deal, unless the plan is to turn around next summer and deal SAR for a true 3.

Bingo. If the Spurs play their cards right they get SAR at a very attractive price and he would be an attractive trade asset, perhaps moreso than Rasho.

If not, then the Spurs have a great scoring big to play alongside TD.

E20
07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Ducks need to write more clearly I understood what he said with the TO problem with other Spurs players and Manu's rookie season but, I'm wondering if everybody else caught on.

BadlyDrawnBoy
What if SAR sucks and struggles on this team?

ace3g
Nazr needs to develop a better outside shot like Rasho has, because alot of you are saying that if we bring in SAR he will help spread the floor better, well when Nazr is out there he needs to spread the floor to, so practice a 10 to 12 ft jumper over the offseason

Again that is why I dont like this trade, we dont know how well Nazr will play next season, and if we dont have another big we will be in trouble

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Nazr isn't a shooter. He plays off the glass. He gets the put backs.

He needs to better develope his hands. Not to mention his foot speed. That's it. Fuck his shooting, if he could dunk the ball better and not get it stolen or stuffed because it takes him a minute just to get the ball and go up with it, we'd be set with Nazr.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:44 PM
The likelihood of Scola struggling in the NBA is greater than that of SAR in SA.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
The likelihood of Scola struggling in the NBA is greater than that of SAR in SA.

Brent Barry.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
but Scola wont struggle in the NBA, maybe just alittle bit on the defensive side but all European players have that problem, but not on the offensive side, because he dominated the USA team in the Olympics

why do I keep bringing that point up because the USA team is made of NBA players like Tim Duncan

ducks
07-06-2005, 03:48 PM
but not on the offensive side, because he dominated the USA team in the Olympics

DUDE THE NBA PLAYERS NEVER SAW HIM PLAY
JAMES KILLED BOWEN THE FIRST TIME HE PLAYED AGAINST HIM
THEN HE FIGURED HIM OUT AND JAMES HAS SUCKED AGAINST HIM SINCE

ace3g
and another thing, I never remember Rasho having a turnover problem when he was a starter, sure he didnt dunk but that is not his game, and Rasho is better defensively than Nazr is

Pop even agrees with me, and I quote "Rasho is probably the best defensively on this team, he is always in the right position to make a stop" something along those lines but Pop praises Rasho's defense

easjer
I'm more concerned about the defensive presence than the offensive presence of the center. Everyone keeps saying Nazr will get better, but we don't know that. I don't feel good about trading away our proven defensive center who was producing the way we wanted and hoped he would before his ankle injury for an unknown center who's contract is in the air.

If he's our starting center, his contract demands shoot through the roof, because who will we replace him with? If you have to trade, keep Rasho (the proven factor) and trade Nazr - the 5 position in this set up does not need to be high scoring.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:49 PM
At least you know that Barry and SAR can make it in the NBA.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:50 PM
but not on the offensive side, because he dominated the USA team in the Olympics

DUDE THE NBA PLAYERS NEVER SAW HIM PLAY
JAMES KILLED BOWEN THE FIRST TIME HE PLAYED AGAINST HIM
THEN HE FIGURED HIM OUT AND JAMES HAS SUCKED AGAINST HIM SINCE

So in 2002, when Scola played in the world games, the NBA players didn't get to see him?

Really Ducks... quit being so lame.

ducks
07-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Spurs May Have Nazr's Extention About Wrapped Up
Who Knows If They Do Would You Pull The Trigger

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
and the USA team has seen Scola before just like they had seen Manu before; both of them were on the Argentina NT in the World Championships; heck the USA team couldnt stop Manu, Scola, Nocioni, and Oberto then and they still cant stop them now

even with the coaching of pop and brown they couldnt stop the Argentina NT

BadlyDrawnBoy
At least you know that Barry and SAR can make it in the NBA.

And the best PF in Europe can't?

Marcus Bryant
Scola's defense and size are real concerns in SA, as well as his speed. He's not a lock to make it in the NBA, let alone star or whatever you guys are expecting.

Marcus Bryant

That means jack shit in the NBA.

ducks
07-06-2005, 03:52 PM
So in 2002, when Scola played in the world games, the NBA players didn't get to see him?

Really Ducks... quit being so lame.

IN THE NBA THE PLAYERS SEE EACH OTHER MORE
I AM NOT SOLD SCOLA'S D IS GOING TO BE ALL THAT
YES HE HAD GOOD OUTINGS IN THE GAMES BUT TO BAD THEY HAVE DIFFERENT RULES IN THE NBA

ducks
07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Scola's defense and size are real concerns in SA, as well as his speed. He's not a lock to make it in the NBA, let alone star or whatever you guys are expecting.

YES BUT HE PLAYED WITH MANU AND IS FROM THE SAME COUNTRY SO HE IS SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ace3g
07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
just look at the facts; manu comes in has a great rookie season; if it werent for an ankle injury he would of been a bigger part of the reg season/ manu = nba ready

Nocioni comes in and plays for the Bulls even gets the starting job for a little bit and plays great; a tough defender with alot of energy/ nocioni = nba ready

get the picture everyone/ scola = nba ready

Just wait and see

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:55 PM

Oh, it doesn't?

So Jasikevicius getting interest from a lot of NBA teams has nothing to do with him being considered the best point guard in Europe?

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:56 PM
IN THE NBA THE PLAYERS SEE EACH OTHER MORE
I AM NOT SOLD SCOLA'S D IS GOING TO BE ALL THAT
YES HE HAD GOOD OUTINGS IN THE GAMES BUT TO BAD THEY HAVE DIFFERENT RULES IN THE NBA

Explain Manu's success in the NBA?

Nocioni's success.

And Delfino's fan pub.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:57 PM
YES BUT HE PLAYED WITH MANU AND IS FROM THE SAME COUNTRY SO HE IS SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Who called him a superstar? Lebron James?

ace3g

MARCUS DID YOU EVER HEAR WHAT THEY WERE CALLING MANU WHEN HE WAS IN EUROPE("the best SG in Europe")

and I think Manu turned out all right, there is a reason the spurs drafted scola because they knew he could be something special in the NBA like Manu is now

ducks
Why Would You Not Want The Spurs To Trade Him
If He Is That Good He Would See More Minutes On A Different Team Esecially If This Trade Goes Down

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh, it doesn't?

So Jasikevicius getting interest from a lot of NBA teams has nothing to do with him being considered the best point guard in Europe?

What's Jaric done in the league? Come on.

Also, the Euro rules can help mask a lot of weaknesses for bigs that can be exposed in the NBA. Also, the caliber of bigs and especially the athleticism of bigs in the NBA is somewhat different than in Europe.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
What's Jaric done in the league? Come on.

Also, the Euro rules can help mask a lot of weaknesses for bigs that can be exposed in the NBA. Also, the caliber of bigs and especially the athleticism of bigs in the NBA is somewhat different than in Europe.

Europe isn't any different from Div. 1 bball.

Scola has about as much chance of success as any PF/C drafted last week.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:00 PM
So what? This is the NBA not the NCAA.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Why Would You Not Want The Spurs To Trade Him
If He Is That Good He Would See More Minutes On A Different Team Esecially If This Trade Goes Down

Because it's better to have a 25 year old 6'9 player who can be a great add. to the puzzle than a 28 year old 6'9 player with gimpy knees who needs the minutes and ball to be successful.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Exactly, so quit doubting the guy and let him show what the fuck he has. If the Spurs in general had your mindset, Manu would be playing for the Blazers or Magic.

ace3g
trust me, scouts look at players who are being called "the best so and so position in europe"

every year more and more foreign players are being drafted and eventually they will outnumber the amount of american players in the draft.

reason for that is because Foreign players are taught "the fundamentals" by their coaches before they even are allowed near an AND 1 Video' and by the way that AND 1 stuff is crap heck I can do the same type of crossover in one move where it takes them like 3 or 4 to get pass a defender; and a basic crossover takes less energy from you

look at manu he doesnt use that many crazy cross overs; he uses the basics like behind the back, etc

Marcus Bryant
That's great. We know what SAR can do in the league. Hell, Duncan's had knee trouble and he's 29.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:03 PM
That's great. We know what SAR can do in the league. Hell, Duncan's had knee trouble and he's 29.

Duncan had a knee injury.

SAR has bad knees.

There's a difference.

You know what, lets trade Horry for McDyess.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM
trust me, scouts look at players who are being called "the best so and so position in europe"

every year more and more foreign players are being drafted and eventually they will outnumber the amount of american players in the draft.

reason for that is because Foreign players are taught "the fundamentals" by their coaches before they even are allowed near an AND 1 Video' and by the way that AND 1 stuff is crap heck I can do the same type of crossover in one move where it takes them like 3 or 4 to get pass a defender; and a basic crossover takes less energy from you

look at manu he doesnt use that many crazy cross overs; he uses the basics like behind the back, etc

Ha. Manu is so fucking unorthodox at times. If he was black everyone would be tut-tutting about how "American" players just don't have any respect for the game's fundamentals.

Spare me.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
You know what, stop getting an erection over "the best PF in Europe" just because the Spurs have his rights.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:06 PM
You know what, stop getting an erection over "the best PF in Europe" just because the Spurs have his rights.

As opposed to jerking off to "gimpy knees" just because there's a rumor we might trade for him.

ace3g

SO YOU THINK BOGUT WILL BE MORE SUCCESSFUL IN THE NBA THAN SCOLA WILL
I WILL LET YOU KNOW RIGHT NOW DOESNT MATTER WHAT RULES YOU USE OR WHAT COURT YOU PLAY ON, SCOLA WOULD KICK BOGUT'S ASS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

Marcus Bryant
As opposed to jerking off to "gimpy knees" just because there's a rumor we might trade for him.

He's a proven player in this league, dumbfuck and his knees have as much uncertainty as TD's.

Go post some pics of the latest Taco Cabana.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Ha. Manu is so fucking unorthodox at times. If he was black everyone would be tut-tutting about how "American" players just don't have any respect for the game's fundamentals.

Spare me.

Wait, isn't Duncan black... wait, isn't he called...

Maybe Manu should pretend he's black like you used to and he'd get more respect.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Explain Manu's success in the NBA?

Nocioni's success.

And Delfino's fan pub.

MANU'S SUCCESS IS BECAUSE HE HAS TALENT

THOSE PLAYERS YOU LISTED HAVE MORE TALENT THEN SCOLA
AND MANU'S D IS BETTER THEN SCOLA'S D

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:08 PM
He's a proven player in this league, dumbfuck and his knees have as much uncertainty as TD's.

Go post some pics of the latest Taco Cabana.

He's a proven loser. Good for him. He's never been on a team over .500, and he's never done shit but score.

Yeah, that's proven. At every YMCA and black top in America.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:08 PM
I've never pretended to be black or an urban planning professional, for that matter.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:09 PM

SO YOU THINK BOGUT WILL BE MORE SUCCESSFUL IN THE NBA THAN SCOLA WILL
I WILL LET YOU KNOW RIGHT NOW DOESNT MATTER WHAT RULES YOU USE OR WHAT COURT YOU PLAY ON, SCOLA WOULD KICK BOGUT'S ASS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

REALLY YOU WANT TO BET ON THAT :lol

SCOLA WOULD NOT BE A NUMBER ON DRAFT PICK THIS YEAR

BadlyDrawnBoy
MANU'S SUCCESS IS BECAUSE HE HAS TALENT

THOSE PLAYERS YOU LISTED HAVE MORE TALENT THEN SCOLA
AND MANU'S D IS BETTER THEN SCOLA'S D

Nocioni and Delfino have more talent than Scola?

Then why the fuck was he the second best player at both the World game and the Olympics?

Marcus Bryant
He's a proven loser. Good for him. He's never been on a team over .500, and he's never done shit but score.

That's right, if a player is on a team that doesn't make the playoffs that means he sucks too.

Great fucking logic.

ace3g
MARCUS YES MANU IS UNORTHODOX AT TIMES BUT HE DOESNT TRY ANY TYPES OF AND 1 CROSSOVERS , and when he is unorthodox it is when he is driving to lane, that is why they call him unorthodox mostly because he is left handed and nba defenders are not use to that

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I've never pretended to be black or an urban planning professional, for that matter.

Funny, neither have I.

But yes, YOU did pretend to be black Spursfan.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:10 PM

WHAT HAS SCOLA PROVED WITHOUT MANU :lol :lol :lol :lol
WHAT HAS SCOLA PROVED IN THE NBA :fro

whottt
07-06-2005, 04:11 PM
This best PF in Europe argument is stupid...

Who was the MVP in Europe this season? IE the best player?

If Duncan can suck in the Olympics...Scola can definitely suck in the NBA...and once he does...the Spurs will get nothing for him...

Marcus Bryant
MARCUS YES MANU IS UNORTHODOX AT TIMES BUT HE DOESNT TRY ANY TYPES OF AND 1 CROSSOVERS , and when he is unorthodox it is when he is driving to lane, that is why they call him unorthodox mostly because he is left handed and nba defenders are not use to that

Nah, he just tries passes that no one expects and behind the back reverse prayer layups in clutch playoff situations. His game is as "And 1" as any "American" player...

ducks
That's right, if a player is on a team that doesn't make the playoffs that means he sucks too.

Great fucking logic.

BY USING THEIR LOGIC LEBRON JAMES SUCKS ASS :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

BadlyDrawnBoy

Great fucking logic.

No, but you claimed he was a proven player.

He doesn't play defense, he's a scorer.

He has bad knees and has never been on a team above .500.

If he were the guy getting 5 minutes a game, then he's excused.

Bu5 he's geting 35 minutes plus and still can't get a team to play above .500

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Funny, neither have I.

That's right, you're just a retail development (and NSYNC) groupie

But yes, YOU did pretend to be black Spursfan.

When? Other than having an avatar with the face of Mark Bryant when have I (if that is what you consider pretending to be black)?

WTF? Are you really this stupid?

whottt
He's still more proven than Scola...

BadlyDrawnBoy
WHAT HAS SCOLA PROVED WITHOUT MANU :lol :lol :lol :lol
WHAT HAS SCOLA PROVED IN THE NBA :fro

What has Manu proved without Tim?

What has Amare proved without Nash?

Get works anyway and everyway.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 04:13 PM
SCOLA WOULD NOT BE A NUMBER ON DRAFT PICK THIS YEAR

ugh.... did you read the article on espn.com right before the draft by one of the top column writers on ESPN talking about if scola were in the draft this year he would have gone number 1

spurjur
07-06-2005, 04:13 PM
There is a reason why the Spurs have won three championships since '99. Its called management. A business is successful because of management. The Spurs' big whigs know what they are doing. They knew what they were doing when they drafted Parker. They knew what they were doing when they drafted Manu. They knew what they were doing when they drafted Scola. They knew what they were doing when they traded Barbosa. I trust that Pop, RC, and the scouts know what they are talking about when they say he is the best PF in Europe. Its their job to know what they are talking about. Have any of you drafted or signed any players that have helped the Spurs win a championship? Uh...no. So let's quit saying that Scola isn't anything.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:14 PM
No, but you claimed he was a proven player.

He doesn't play defense, he's a scorer.

Ha. If Glenn Robinson can come to the Spurs and suddenly learn how to play D, I'm sure SAR can too.

He has bad knees and has never been on a team above .500.

The Spurs have signed players from below .500 teams. I guess those were bad signings too.

If he were the guy getting 5 minutes a game, then he's excused.

Bu5 he's geting 35 minutes plus and still can't get a team to play above .500

:lol WTF man? TD is the franchise here. The Spurs are looking for a backup big. Duh.

BadlyDrawnBoy
That's right, you're just a retail development (and NSYNC) groupie

When? Other than having an avatar with the face of Mark Bryant when have I?

WTF? Are you really this stupid?

The funny thing, you're much gayier than Nsync.

Much.

And yes, at the very begining you told people you were black, so quit acting like you didn't cockface,

timvp
Again, being the "Best Power Forward In Europe" doesn't really mean much. Do you know who is the second best power forward in Europe? Me neither. Probably some NBA reject like Maceo Baston or Mario Austin or someone like that. Guards and small forwards can make the transition to the NBA as long as they have the speed. Centers can make the transition as long as they're strong enough. Power forward is a whole new level in the NBA. They are a whole lot bigger and stronger than you'll find in Europe.

And if the Spurs decide to trade Scola, I'll trust that they are right. They've been scouting him since he was 18. Manu has known him forever. If they don't think he fits on this team, chances are they're right.

And with all the hoopla surrounding Scola right now, I'm sure you can get a young stud player and a pick for him.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Ha. If Glenn Robinson can come to the Spurs and suddenly learn how to play D, I'm sure SAR can too.

The Spurs have signed players from below .500 teams. I guess those were bad signings too.

:lol WTF man? TD is the franchise here. The Spurs are looking for a backup big. Duh.

A backup? SAR would want to start. Putting Duncan at 5.

SAR is either starting here or he's off to NJ.

Karl Mundt
07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
SAR is a great player, definitely much better than Rasho, and the Spurs would probably keep Scola in Europe or trade his rights unless they plan on playing SAR mostly behind Bruce so there would be another roster spot for a back-up center, someone who'd play for the minimum, like Massenburg. With Nazr, Tim getting most of the minutes at center, that player would probably only get used in case of injuries.

But what happens if Nazr doesn't resign next year? As i've stated somewhere before, it's not unlikely for Nazr to get a contract offer somewhere that's too big for the Spurs to match and he ends up walking. Over the cap, the Spurs would have to trade to get a starting quality center, not an easy off-season task.

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM
The funny thing, you're much gayier than Nsync.

Much.

Your "Gaydar" is off. I'm not going to sleep with you.

And yes, at the very begining you told people you were black, so quit acting like you didn't cockface,

Nope. Never. "Cockface"? My my, someone's getting testy.

timvp
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM

SAR wouldn't start. Perhaps that's not what you are getting.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Man, right now, I really wish we had signed Kidd in '03!

Signed,

Dumbass of 2003 who continue to post now.

wildbill2u
07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Backup big men sure will clog up the bench if we get SAR, Horry, Scola. I just don't see that many good players backing up NASR and TD.

And this still doesn't address the void at SF backup for Bowen and eventual change of starter there.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Spurs Can Rape Someone In Trading Scola Before He Steps On The Court Because He Has Played With Manu

Marcus Bryant
Yikes, now he's my groupie. That's scary.

BadlyDrawnBoy
SAR wouldn't start. Perhaps that's not what you are getting.

He wouldn't? He'd want to come off the bench and play behind Duncan and Horry?

:rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:19 PM

Again, it's rather clear to SAR that he would not be starting in SA.

Come on, eventually you'll get it.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:19 PM
This message is hidden because Marcus Bryant is on your ignore list.

Damn... fake black guy got blocked.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Sar Wants To Come To Sa He Knows They Have Talent He Wants To Win
Not Go Somewhere And Loss

Marcus Bryant
:lol What an odd little bitch.

ace3g
to back up TD and NAZR the spurs should go after Oberto for the vet minimum and for a back up SF the spurs should go after Nocioni either now or when he is a FA in 07, maybe use SAR as trade bait

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Sar Wants To Come To Sa He Knows They Have Talent He Wants To Win
Not Go Somewhere And Loss

So would that be why he said he'd like to play in NJ with Kidd?

It's Portland trying t make this trade, not SAR and his agent.

timvp
He wouldn't? He'd want to come off the bench and play behind Duncan and Horry?

:rolleyes

Does Horry play in the regular season? Not really. The Spurs will have about 36 minutes to burn at the big positions. If Horry eats 12 of those during the regular season, that gives SAR 24 minutes of playing time.

SAR says he wants to come here to win -- not to start.

When a player will All-Star level talent wants to join your team, you don't turn them down. Especially when there is no reason to. Everyone knows the Spurs are about winning. If SAR comes, he can expect to get the Brent Barry treatment.

ducks
He Is Using Kidd And The Nets As Leverage

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
So would that be why he said he'd like to play in NJ with Kidd?

It's Portland trying t make this trade, not SAR and his agent.

Actually, I believe he said that he wanted to get into some retail development in the Tri-State area. Perhaps launch some branded NSYNC movie theaters. He's a lock for the Nets.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
to back up TD and NAZR the spurs should go after Oberto for the vet minimum and for a back up SF the spurs should go after Nocioni either now or when he is a FA in 07, maybe use SAR as trade bait

I'd love Nocioni on this team.

Trade Rasho for Nocioni and filler.

With Curry probably gone, they need a center.

Manu, Scola, and Nocioni.

Man, that'd be nice.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
He Is Using Kidd And The Nets As Leverage

Are you SAR? Are you his agent?

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Are You?

timvp
07-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I'd love Nocioni on this team.

Trade Rasho for Nocioni and filler.

With Curry probably gone, they need a center.

Manu, Scola, and Nocioni.

Man, that'd be nice.

Nocioni <<<<<<<< SAR.

Nocioni is decent, but over hyped. He's a poor offensive player and not really a great defender.

He's a hustle player who'll knock your teeth out, but there's not a whole lot of skill to back that up.

BadlyDrawnBoy
Does Horry play in the regular season? Not really. The Spurs will have about 36 minutes to burn at the big positions. If Horry eats 12 of those during the regular season, that gives SAR 24 minutes of playing time.

SAR says he wants to come here to win -- not to start.

When a player will All-Star level talent wants to join your team, you don't turn them down. Especially when there is no reason to. Everyone knows the Spurs are about winning. If SAR comes, he can expect to get the Brent Barry treatment.

When has SAR said anything? The last thing I heard him say is he'd like to go to NJ.

It's Portland that came up with the trade, not SAR demanding it.

Marcus Bryant
When ducks makes more sense than you, you might as well hang it up and listen to a little NSYNC.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Maybe Spurs Should Just Sign All Agrentine ?
Because They Have The Best Players In The World

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Are You?

Maybe.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Could we get Delfino, Oberto, or Herrmann?

timvp
07-06-2005, 04:26 PM
When has SAR said anything? The last thing I heard him say is he'd like to go to NJ.

It's Portland that came up with the trade, not SAR demanding it.

SAR has been wanting to come to SA for like four years now. Before the season was over, he indicated he wanted to be in San Antonio. Right after the season ended, there was an article that said SAR wants to come to SA.

If he wants to come that badly and is willing to accept a bench role, are you going to say no to a career 20 and 8 guy who is 28 years old?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:27 PM
SAR has been wanting to come to SA for like four years now. Before the season was over, he indicated he wanted to be in San Antonio. Right after the season ended, there was an article that said SAR wants to come to SA.

If he wants to come that badly and is willing to accept a bench role, are you going to say no to a career 20 and 8 guy who is 28 years old?

Absolutely, because we know that draft picks and international players are automatically better than NBA vets simply because they are Spurs' property.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-06-2005, 04:28 PM

And Horry couldn't get off of Shaq's nut sack last summer.

Words mean nothing.

He wants to be here and come off the bench and accept a role as a support player who won't get big minutes, then sure.

Karl Mundt
07-06-2005, 04:29 PM
But what happens if Nazr doesn't resign next year? As i've stated somewhere before, it's not unlikely for Nazr to get a contract offer somewhere that's too big for the Spurs to match and he ends up walking. Over the cap, the Spurs would have to trade to get a starting quality center, not an easy off-season task.

So noone is worried about this?

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:29 PM
And Horry couldn't get off of Shaq's nut sack last summer.

Words mean nothing.

He wants to be here and come off the bench and accept a role as a support player who won't get big minutes, then sure.

:lol Wow, it took some time, but better late than never, I suppose.

timvp
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM

I agree. I'm not the biggest SARS fan on the planet, but if he wants that role ... I'm not going to say no.

ace3g
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Nocioni is decent, but over hyped. He's a poor offensive player and not really a great defender.

You must not be talking about the same Nocioni; this guy plays tough defense like bowen does, and he wont give up on lose balls and fast breaks by other teams, did you see some of the crazy blocks he had against the USA team in both the World championships and Olympics.

I swear you people need to watch some game tape of these players before you start to downgrade their talent

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2005, 04:31 PM

I'm sure they'd try to reach an agreement with Nazr before they move Rasho. Then again, the Spurs faced a team with one of the top 3 frontlines in the NBA and they beat it due to TD at the 5 and Robert Horry at the 4.

ducks
07-06-2005, 04:31 PM

WIN NOW AND WORRY LATER
[/GHOST]

ace3g
07-06-2005, 04:33 PM

uhm.......didnt the Argentina NT win the Gold Medal at the olympics... but I might be mistaken

ducks

You must not be talking about the same Nocioni; this guy plays tough defense like bowen does, and he wont give up on lose balls and fast breaks by other teams, did you see some of the crazy blocks he had against the USA team in both the World championships and Olympics.

I swear you people need to watch some game tape of these players before you start to downgrade their talent

DO YOU WATCH ALL THE NBA OR JUST PLAYERS FROM AGRENTINE?

timvp

The Wizards dared Nocioni to beat them by leaving him wide open. Who won that series?

Thank you.

P.S.

Just because you are from Argentina doesn't make you a basketball god. There is one God and Emanuel is his name.

:smokin

ace3g
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
and over the years, Foreign players are becoming better than American players, thats not an opinion that is a fact.

ducks

uhm.......didnt the Argentina NT win the Gold Medal at the olympics... but I might be mistaken

USA COULD EASILY DESTROY THAT TEAM IF THEY PLAYED TOGETHER THAT LONG

Marcus Bryant
Hopefully enough people buy into the Argentine hype so that the Spurs can get a GM to do something stupid this summer...

Useruser666
SARS is rapidly spreading in this forum! :lol

timvp
07-06-2005, 04:35 PM

Yes, you make good points. If the Spurs can extend Nazr, I'd feel a lot better about this trade. Even if they can't, I think you still have to make this trade.

It's going to cost the Spurs a lot to lockup Nazr but I think that if push comes to shove and they don't have Rasho to fall back on, Holt will crack.

Karl Mundt
07-06-2005, 04:35 PM
And SAR would really really like to win a championship if he was to sign with the Spurs to play back-up to Tim. He has an option to go to New Jersey that seems to be a team who can contend for the ECFs where he would start. I'm not sure what New Jerseys cap situation is or who they can offer to Portland, but i doubt they have a less desirable (for Portland) commodity to offer than Rasho, since they already have Przybilla and Ratliff. I know if they don't sign and trade they won't get anything, but i'm sure they'll get offered better options than a 3rd center.