PDA

View Full Version : Pop: It was Pathetic Performance

timvp
04-06-2013, 10:22 PM
"Other than Timmy it was a pathetic performance. That kind of play isn't going to get us very far at the end of the season. It's not the first time we've played like that in the last few weeks. This team needs to get its head around itself and understand what it takes to be there because as a group they don't have it right now."

:wakeup

apalisoc_9
04-06-2013, 10:24 PM
I thought Kawhi Played Good ball... A little bit hesitant and ball watching at times in offense, but he scored 23..can't complain.

Boomersgold
04-06-2013, 10:24 PM
We could have used some of Patty's energy and scoring off the bench.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Kawhi's off-ball defense was kinda bad, Jenkins got some easy buckets cuz Kawhi didn't fight through screens imo.

SpurPadre
04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Why is Kawhi being thrown under the bus? He had a good game, too, Pop. Piss on everyone else all you want but Kawhi continues to build on his game.

TrainOfThought5
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
You guys have to let Pop come down on Kawhi because this will soon be Kawhis team and he will have to be the one CONSISTENTLY playing excellent ball like Timmy and setting the example. but i thought ee played rather well considering we were missing two hall of famers *shrug*

DesignatedT
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Pop has needed to call this team out for awhile now. The team is not focused and its becoming very annoying.

Libri
04-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Pop pulling the "pathetic" card. I think this might be new.

TrainOfThought5
04-06-2013, 10:29 PM
furthermore, half of our role players are trash, because they depend on a system of being set up by superior players, and when those players are absent (like tonight) it exposes a lot of individual weaknesses.

Darius McCrary
04-06-2013, 10:31 PM
ROFLMAOLOLOLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLLOLOLOLOLOL

Translation:
It took Parker and Manu to be broken and out of commission for Pop to realize he has to be very hard and maximize what he can get out of Leonard this season.

FromWayDowntown
04-06-2013, 10:31 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Pop said about his team. That an Atlanta team that is THAT depleted pushed the Spurs to the limit at home at this point of the season should be troubling.

DesignatedT
04-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Pop doesn't expect these guys to go out there and do what Tony and Manu do. He knows how skilled his role players are. Pop is happy as long as you show focus, discipline and effort and those are things that should be there no matter who is dressed out. These are the things that have been missing the last few weeks and its pretty alarming. I don't ever remember a Spurs team who was this lackadaisical down the stretch.

If you can't see how much more serious Duncan is taking his job right now compared to the other players then you just aren't looking and that shouldn't be the case.

vander
04-06-2013, 10:34 PM
gonna have to agree with train of thought 5 to some extent.

this seems like a shot at kawhi, because his game needs to progress if he's to become the man. and so far this season it has not progressed.

DMC
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Like dogs. They played like dogs. Like those dogs playing poker, I mean what kind of a dog would smoke a cigar and show his hand to the other dogs?

Uriel
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Tell us something we don't know.

chazley
04-06-2013, 10:39 PM
gonna have to agree with train of thought 5 to some extent.

this seems like a shot at kawhi, because his game needs to progress if he's to become the man. and so far this season it has not progressed.

What the fuck are you talking about? Thanks for the legit LOL

tim_duncan_fan
Pop has needed to call this team out for awhile now. The team is not focused and its becoming very annoying.

I swear this team is goofy as all fuck. They don't ever look serious, determined or assured out there. Lackluster defense to end games with especially bad defense of last second shots. Really silly turnovers and sometimes, general clumsyness (falling over themselves). The role players we will have to depend on most appear to be shrinking away from the light... *cough* TIAGO *cough* Danny *cough*

The team is just goofy-looking at times. The guys need to focus...

EricB
Why is Kawhi being thrown under the bus? He had a good game, too, Pop. Piss on everyone else all you want but Kawhi continues to build on his game.

What the fuck are you babbling about?!?

Chinook
04-06-2013, 10:41 PM
I don't like the way Pop's coaching the team right now. His rotations have been throwing guys out of their rhythm. If Blair and one of Joseph or De Colo isn't going to be part of the playoff rotation, they shouldn't be getting rotation minutes now. I hope Pop's words light a spark for the players, but he's letting them down, too.

EricB
04-06-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't like the way Pop's coaching the team right now. His rotations have been throwing guys out of their rhythm. If Blair and one of Joseph or De Colo isn't going to be part of the playoff rotation, they shouldn't be getting rotation minutes now. I hope Pop's words light a spark for the players, but he's letting them down, too.

uh ok so if Parker and Ginobili don't play, who gets their minutes....

De Colo play all 48?

come on.

timtonymanu
04-06-2013, 10:46 PM

:lol

phxspurfan
04-06-2013, 10:46 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif SOFT CARD http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif SOFT CARD http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

AFBlue
04-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Interesting. Not that I don't think there were too many bonehead plays, but the execution isn't going to be there when you're missing key pieces.

Pop must sense he needs to light a fire under a few key role players that need to up their game.

Boomersgold
04-06-2013, 10:47 PM

Yes.

timtonymanu
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
This team is a funk that only a healthy Tony and Manu could fix. It sucks it happened so close to the playoffs.

gameFACE
04-06-2013, 10:50 PM
This was one of those times where I left the game a bit pissed after a win. I thought the Spurs were playing decent defense the first quarter. But it went downhill in the 3rd Q. They were already looking at three days offf. Fortunately after this three days off they don't have too bad a schedule despite the B2B.

DesignatedT
04-06-2013, 10:52 PM

Well Diaw left in the first with back spasms so Blair had to play more. Not worried about the big rotation. It's going to be Duncan-Splitter-Diaw and we pretty much know that. Blair or Bonner getting some time here and there isn't hurting anything.

As for the guard position that is where it gets really screwed up. I mean I don't think Neal got in in the 2nd half tonight. His defense is horrible and that and1 three he gave up left Pop furious. I know Pop also said De Colo is the backup PG right now but Joseph is still showing glimpses of being the better option and I'm sure Pop is still seeing it. I know I am.

Either way, between Tony, Green and Manu there isn't much time left and only one of those other guys are going to get some minutes. Pop is still figuring out which 1 it is going to be. We already have 3 out of our 4 guards cemented in, two just happen to be injured right now.

spurraider21
04-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Well Diaw left in the first with back spasms so Blair had to play more. Not worried about the big rotation. It's going to be Duncan-Splitter-Diaw and we pretty much know that. Blair or Bonner getting some time here and there isn't hurting anything.

As for the guard position that is where it gets really screwed up. I mean I don't think Neal got in in the 2nd half tonight. His defense is horrible and that and1 three he gave up left Pop furious. I know Pop also said De Colo is the backup PG right now but Joseph is still showing glimpses of being the better option and I'm sure Pop is still seeing it. I know I am.

Either way, between Tony, Green and Manu there isn't much time left and only one of those other guys are going to get some minutes. Pop is still figuring out which 1 it is going to be. We already have 3 out of our 4 guards cemented in, two just happen to be injured right now.

It should also be said that Manu can play PG or SG, so you can have De Colo in at point guard or shooting guard, Neal at shooting guard, CoJo at point guard. Its a really fluid 4th guard spot

mercos
04-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Pop is right, but he is also partly to blame. I realize the team is facing injury after injury, but his player rotations have not been good. The role players are going to have to pick it up if this team is to sniff the conference finals, even with a healthy TP and Manu. They are more than capable, just look at the way they played at Miami earlier this year, and against Chicago right around the All Star break. The defense has been lackluster, and for some reason we can't finish at the rim. Seems like a lack of focus and effort.

Chinook
04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
uh ok so if Parker and Ginobili don't play, who gets their minutes....

De Colo play all 48?

come on.

I'm not talking about Joseph playing for Parker, smart aleck. I'm talking about Joseph and De Colo being in the back court together for most of the second half while two other shooting-guards who will actually be in the rotation were sitting on the bench. Green and Neal are going to be on the court during the playoffs. Sitting them for mistakes doesn't do anything for either of them. Pop also played Macroball with Leonard at the two which I think played a big role the Hawks staying in the game (although Kawhi just toasted whichever two-guard was on him in the post). He seems to be freaking out and trying to make unnecessary changes like he has the past three seasons.

SpurPadre
04-06-2013, 11:14 PM
What the fuck are you babbling about?!?

What the fuck is your problem? I'm reacting to Pop only mentioning TD as having done a good job tonight.

Budkin
04-06-2013, 11:16 PM
We have no fire at all. It's pretty sad.

Chinook
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM

I think Neal will get minutes even if Pop decides to play De Colo or Joseph at the backup point. The bench just lacks offense as currently constructed. I see Pop going five-deep at guard while playing small-ball for stretches with Ginobili and/or Green at the three and Leonard/Jack at the four.

It should also be said that Manu can play PG or SG, so you can have De Colo in at point guard or shooting guard, Neal at shooting guard, CoJo at point guard. Its a really fluid 4th guard spot

With Ginobili being hobbled, I can't really see him playing much point this post-season. It's certainly a risk on the defensive end. That may give De Colo and especially Joseph a leg up in the race for the last spot, provided the position is actually still open.

EricB
04-06-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm not talking about Joseph playing for Parker, smart aleck. I'm talking about Joseph and De Colo being in the back court together for most of the second half while two other shooting-guards who will actually be in the rotation were sitting on the bench. Green and Neal are going to be on the court during the playoffs. Sitting them for mistakes doesn't do anything for either of them. Pop also played Macroball with Leonard at the two which I think played a big role the Hawks staying in the game (although Kawhi just toasted whichever two-guard was on him in the post). He seems to be freaking out and trying to make unnecessary changes like he has the past three seasons.

lmao hilarious just hilarious.

EricB
04-06-2013, 11:28 PM
What the fuck is your problem? I'm reacting to Pop only mentioning TD as having done a good job tonight.

Leonard's defense was shit homer.

I know yall think Leonard walks on water and shits gold, but he does screw up.

DarrinS
04-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Leonard's defense was shit homer.

I know yall think Leonard walks on water and shits gold, but he does screw up.

This

And did I seriously read "this wil soon be Kawhi's team" in this thread?

:lmao

ElNono
04-06-2013, 11:43 PM
The question for Pop... is anybody listening? I think some of this is on Pop too...

A guy like Blair has been professional, but he's already looking forward to his next contract on another franchise... kids like CoJo or De Colo just haven't had the confidence from the coach where they don't have to look over their shoulders every time and be scared to screw up and lose their opportunity. Vets like Jack, Tim, Bonner... they heard that song plenty times before, it probably goes into one ear and leaves immediately on the other.

Kawhi played well, don't think that was hurled his way.

That leaves you with Tiago, Green and Neal. I think Pop has grown pretty tired of Neal, specifically on defense. He works great on the economics side of the ballclub, but we'll see what happens this summer when he becomes a free agent.

Tiago and Green have had up and downs. Tiago can simply play much more stronger but he pussifies too much. Green is feast or famine, and truth be told, his game is just as limited as it was last season, which is kinda worrying, because you have to start wondering if that's his ceiling.

ElNono
04-07-2013, 12:00 AM
We sat a bunch of dudes the last few games, not just missing Manu and TP... for example, neither Tim or Kawhi played against Memphis, and Kawhi also missed the Orlando game... TP was in Memphis but didn't play against Orlando, and obviously is missing today... in hindsight, that Clippers game was a killer, with Manu getting injured and Tony getting slammed on the neck...

hater
04-07-2013, 02:14 AM
I disagree with Pop. No Manu, no TP. and we still managed a win.

back in last couple of years, spurs would have bent over to any team of scrubs.

Just get on TD and Kawhi's back and we should be ok. It's not like we're playing for a championship anyway

hater
04-07-2013, 02:15 AM
We sat a bunch of dudes the last few games, not just missing Manu and TP... for example, neither Tim or Kawhi played against Memphis, and Kawhi also missed the Orlando game... TP was in Memphis but didn't play against Orlando, and obviously is missing today... in hindsight, that Clippers game was a killer, with Manu getting injured and Tony getting slammed on the neck...

:rolleyes

manu could have easily got injured westling with his twins on his living room rug. dude's body is done

fusionjazzman72
04-07-2013, 02:16 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/04/06/130406popmov-2436571

fusionjazzman72
04-07-2013, 02:16 AM
He was pissed! I love it!

ElNono
04-07-2013, 02:27 AM
manu could have easily got injured westling with his twins on his living room rug. dude's body is done

:rolleyes

Apparently everybody is banged up and missing games here or there... you do sound salty mad that when Tony doesn't play the team has been winning... must have to do with the shitty predictions...

polandprzem
04-07-2013, 02:40 AM
THE DATE OF SPAM HAS EXPIRED

HI-FI
04-07-2013, 02:41 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/04/06/130406popmov-2436571

good stuff. Pop dropping truth bombs. I love that he was done after that one comment.

BatManu20
04-07-2013, 04:11 AM
I still think we can beat OKC in a 7 game series IF we're healthy, but not if we're still in this funk that we're in now. And if we made it to Miami, they would sweep us tbh.

Spurs9
04-07-2013, 04:32 AM

:cry Patty's towel waving on the bench :crynly goes so far :lol

Ice009
04-07-2013, 06:07 AM
furthermore, half of our role players are trash, because they depend on a system of being set up by superior players, and when those players are absent (like tonight) it exposes a lot of individual weaknesses.

Nope, Spurs have been displaying mental weakness for weeks (even with those players).

Spurs have basically been playing like mental weaklings at the end of games for quite a while now. That's what pretenders do.

Apart from Tim Duncan, Spurs look like total pretenders. If they are going to go anywhere in the playoffs, then they need to sharpen up their focus mentally.

This was definitely a pathetic performance. I was pretty mad again at their lack of focus to finish the game. Horrible stuff.

Pop
04-07-2013, 06:09 AM
The question for Pop... is anybody listening? I think some of this is on Pop too...

A guy like Blair has been professional, but he's already looking forward to his next contract on another franchise... kids like CoJo or De Colo just haven't had the confidence from the coach where they don't have to look over their shoulders every time and be scared to screw up and lose their opportunity. Vets like Jack, Tim, Bonner... they heard that song plenty times before, it probably goes into one ear and leaves immediately on the other.

That leaves you with Tiago, Green and Neal. I think Pop has grown pretty tired of Neal, specifically on defense. He works great on the economics side of the ballclub, but we'll see what happens this summer when he becomes a free agent.

Tiago and Green have had up and downs. Tiago can simply play much more stronger but he pussifies too much. Green is feast or famine, and truth be told, his game is just as limited as it was last season, which is kinda worrying, because you have to start wondering if that's his ceiling.

You're exactly right comes down to these two players who are extremely dependent of the system and are not exactly super consistent. But we could play without betting so much on them so it's 100% on Pop.

Green is useless without Tp driving and kicking not to talk about his other limitations and Tiago is not tough enough to be a great 5th option, he's not about hustle and D so he's more fucking up the spacing than anything.

Leetonidas
04-07-2013, 06:23 AM
A lot of them look like they've mailed it in and are waiting for the playoffs. Let's hope this is this case

Chinook
04-07-2013, 07:37 AM
lmao hilarious just hilarious.

Oh look, it's another one of those "I don't have an argument to make, so I'm just going to laugh at other people's points," types. I know my stance isn't ironclad, but there's nothing absurd about thinking that Pop's messing with the rotation is affecting his players' performances. As you can see from the next post.

Almost exactly this except for the emboldened. Green is feast or famine with his actual accuracy. The thing about this game is that he didn't even get touches. During the Orlando game, Pop called plays to get Green buckets, whereas in this game, he played his usual game plan and then wondered why Green doesn't have the same impact. I wanted him to try to get Green into a rhythm like he's been doing with other players. The time without Parker can be good for him if he gets the opportunity to expand his game (and actually takes advantage of it). We know he can do it.

Chinook
04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
You're exactly right comes down to these two players who are extremely dependent of the system and are not exactly super consistent. But we could play without betting so much on them so it's 100% on Pop.

Green is useless without Tp driving and kicking not to talk about his other limitations and Tiago is not tough enough to be a great 5th option, he's not about hustle and D so he's more fucking up the spacing than anything.

I don't think the Spurs have much of a chance to win if they don't play depending on every one of their top eight players. A Spurs team that goes away from Green has the same fate as one that goes against Ginobili. The margin of error is just that small. Pop needs to sink or swim his rotation players.

Green's shooting is useless without Parker's penetration to set it up. But Green can and should do more on the offensive end. We've seen him have success without Parker before. He only ended five possessions for the team last night. That's well below his average, and it showed in the team's performance.

Splitter next to Duncan works in some situations, so it's great that they have chemistry together. But I don't think it's going to work in the playoffs against teams that aren't the Clippers. That's not to say the Spurs won't win those series; I just mean that they'll struggle. But it's the best option the team has right now. When Splitter plays with the bench, De Colo needs to do everything he can to find him. We all know how devastating Splitter can be with the second unit.

John B
04-07-2013, 08:01 AM
The experiment on Neal as backup PG and indecisiveness to put either Nando or Cojo backfired. And this was not unforeseable with Ginobili's age and proneness to injury in the stretch. Pop and co didn't handle very well. I think we could've signed a veteran PG when we had a chance. Guys are just trying to create for themselves but they're not natural at it which is creating the turnovers. They'll be fine when TP and Manu get back, but they're missing a veteran backup PG which we always had in previous years.

SenorSpur
04-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Nope, Spurs have been displaying mental weakness for weeks (even with those players).

Spurs have basically been playing like mental weaklings at the end of games for quite a while now. That's what pretenders do.

Apart from Tim Duncan, Spurs look like total pretenders. If they are going to go anywhere in the playoffs, then they need to sharpen up their focus mentally.

This was definitely a pathetic performance. I was pretty mad again at their lack of focus to finish the game. Horrible stuff.

This ^

Pop had every right to call these guys out. This has been brewing for a while now. All of us have seen it. The mental mistakes, their lackadasical effort on D, their total disregard for situational decison-making. It's everyone. I'm actually surprised Pop waited this long. While he's at it, Pop should look in the mirror too because his substitutions patterns in the 4th quarters of some recent games have left something to be desired, as well. If this team doesn't get it together soon, they will not have to worry about a much anticipated playoff rematch with OKC . They will not get that far.

boutons_deux
04-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Looks like Harden leaving OKC won't make any difference, if Spurs even get to WCF

TrainOfThought5
04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
A lot of them look like they've mailed it in and are waiting for the playoffs. Let's hope this is this case

Bruno
04-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I quite disagree with Pop.

I think some role players were tired in that game. Pop has given some games off for his stars but, for the role players, it was the 5th game in 7 days. Splitter, Green, De Colo or Neal were obviously a little flat for that game. Pop should have given Mills some minutes because he was fresh and could have bring some energy to that game.

Kidd K
04-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Pop wasn't exactly taking a shot at Leonard guys. Just at everyone who didn't play exceptional, and yes that does include Kawhi, but not neccessarily to the same extent as it does everyone else since Kawhi was the 2nd best Spur last night.

Pop simply didn't pick out Kawhi as well as Duncan since he wasn't consistent on both ends like Duncan was. Yeah he scored, got some rebounds, but the D' wasn't exactly impressive this time around. He fell into the, "I'm scoring so I don't have to fight on defense" mentality that no fan wants to see if he hopes his team is going to win a championship.

As for this "Green sucks" comments, try to realize he usually sucks just when Parker isn't out there. He needs a REAL point guard like Parker out there to help him be open and to be given the ball where he can succeed, not have some scrub like De Colo who heavily relies on other players to do most the work for him. Many Spurs players struggle with De Colo running the point, and it doesn't stop at Danny Green. See: Tiago Splitter, Gary Neal, Stephen Jackson, and possibly others I'm not noticing.

Green is a role player, not a star. He can't do much offensively on his own.

exstatic
04-07-2013, 10:25 AM
"Other than Timmy it was a pathetic performance. That kind of play isn't going to get us very far at the end of the season. It's not the first time we've played like that in the last few weeks. This team needs to get its head around itself and understand what it takes to be there because as a group they don't have it right now."

:wakeup

Kawhi played pretty well, too. Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly.

Fabbs
04-07-2013, 11:42 AM
You want more energy and enthusiasm coming from the bench?
Pops getting BonBon ready for another playoff run while benching/shipping Baynes is pure genius. CIA.

Nothing pathetic about that at all.

UZER
04-07-2013, 01:22 PM
You want more energy and enthusiasm coming from the bench?
Pops getting BonBon ready for another playoff run while benching/shipping Baynes is pure genius. CIA.

Nothing pathetic about that at all.

He's like an addict and Bonner is heroine. He can ignore it, curse it, burry deep in the back of the closet, but as long as its in the house, he gonna eventually give in go back to it. He knows nothing else.

Brox6
04-07-2013, 01:59 PM
few weeks ago, Spurs were called well oiled machine in terms of offense...and suddenly it stops running :bang

Budkin
04-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Bonner probably reminds Pop of himself. He gives 110% but is just not a good basketball player.

Budkin
04-07-2013, 02:01 PM
few weeks ago, Spurs were called well oiled machine in terms of offense...and suddenly it stops running :bang

Do you think that might have something to do with the rash of injuries?

Brox6
04-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Do you think that might have something to do with the rash of injuries?

that is the easiest way out...the opponent have adjusted to our offense..

UZER
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM

And Pop doesn't how to make in game adjustments.

TP: Coach they're trapping me across have court and forcing me to the sidelines.
Pop: The system Tony...the system. It will get us through this. Just keep running it.
TP: But Pop I can't run the system when they're trapping me.
Pop: Fine Tony, fine...lets see. Oh ok, well get someone else to bring up the ball. Neal, you're our best outside shooting guard that has excellent ball handling skills. You proved it in last years playoffs. You bring up the ball.
Neal: But coach, I'm not a point guard.
Pop: Dammit Neal! Don't be a pussy. I would have Matt play point but he's our best defensive big and we need every rebound we can get!...Fine! Nando get in there...no wait, Cojo get in there.
Random Player: But Pop, you sent him to the Toros yesterday.
Pop: That's right, he needs to learn the system....system....hmmmm....Tony! That's right. Just Keep running the system. We'll be alright. Ok Defense on 3....1-2-3!

Pop
04-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Proxy
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM

It's both. Guys are playing like shit but rotations are out of whack too... think about the amount of variables that change with Tony and Manu out. That's not an excuse; it's a reason. These are two of the three playmakers on the team.

TrainOfThought5
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
timvp what kind of stats will a breakout Playoff run for Kawhi look like?

the more i think about it the more i like 20/10/5.

MR-Clutch
04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) what kind of stats will a breakout Playoff run for Kawhi look like?

aal04
04-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Fact: Our roleplayers arent as good as we like to think they are.

Our big 3 make everyone else look good.

Its to the point where Pops biggest issue every game is how long he can keep the big 3 off without losing the lead that they build.

polandprzem
04-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Pop is fricking right.

The spurs are playing like a lottery team now. Only Timmay stands the ground and produce.

There is not time to catch any rhythm now, so no fun

hater
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I called it first.

after TP injury we'd be playing 50% ball

unfortunately TP still injured.

exstatic
04-07-2013, 03:51 PM

Pretty easy when your primary two penetrators and creators are out at the same time.

exstatic
04-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Fact: Our roleplayers arent as good as we like to think they are.

Our big 3 make everyone else look good.

Its to the point where Pops biggest issue every game is how long he can keep the big 3 off without losing the lead that they build.

Our role players are fine, against other team's role players. Like pretty much everyone else's role players, they suffer when they are moved up in the pecking order. Danny Green is never going to become Manu Ginobili.

TrainOfThought5
04-07-2013, 03:55 PM

Am i homering out for Kawhi?? yep. sure am.

but with his recent uptick in minutes, and efficiency i expect that to be his general stats, much like hes done in the last two games.

TrainOfThought5
04-07-2013, 03:56 PM

but with his recent uptick in minutes, and efficiency i expect that to be his general stats, much like hes done in the last two games.

MI21
04-07-2013, 08:53 PM

How many players have averaged 20/10/5 in the playoffs in the last 30 years? Kevin Garnett? Chris Webber? Hakeem? D-Rob? Magic? Bird?

Come on now.

TrainOfThought5
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM

How many players have averaged 20/10/5 in the playoffs in the last 30 years? Kevin Garnett? Chris Webber? Hakeem? D-Rob? Magic? Bird?

Come on now.

LMAO! 18/8/5 is in the vicinity and also acceptable.

dbreiden83080
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Pop should be happy. After they lost in the WCF he blamed too much success for the loss. That the winning streak was kind of a bad thing. Well no such problem heading into the payoffs this year.. :lol

Strategic
04-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I can hear Pop in the huddle "guys I need to see some pathetic out there"!

superjames1992
04-07-2013, 09:49 PM
timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) what kind of stats will a breakout Playoff run for Kawhi look like?

LOL, no player in the ENTIRE NBA averaged 20/10 this season and you think our second-year 12 PPG small forward is going to in the Playoffs? :lol

Some of you CoK folks need to cut it back a bit. A breakout performance would be more like 15 points, 6 rebounds, tbh. He'll get noticed if he puts those numbers up.

TrainOfThought5
04-07-2013, 09:54 PM
LOL, no player in the ENTIRE NBA averaged 20/10 this season and you think our second-year 12 PPG small forward is going to in the Playoffs? :lol

Some of you CoK folks need to cut it back a bit. A breakout performance would be more like 15 points, 6 rebounds, tbh. He'll get noticed if he puts those numbers up.

quite frankly, 18/8/5 is also acceptable.

therealtruth
04-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Pop should be happy. After they lost in the WCF he blamed too much success for the loss. That the winning streak was kind of a bad thing. Well no such problem heading into the payoffs this year.. :lol

It's kind of ridiculous. In '11 he blames the lack of rhythm chemistry for the loss and then in '12 he blames having too much success. You can't have it both ways.

Johnny RIngo
04-08-2013, 12:11 AM

Come on now.

You forgot Duncan(2002 and 2003 playoffs) and Barkley. But yeah, very rare to see someone average 20/10/5 line for an entire post-season. Leonard would be a franchise player if he had the ability to put up those kind of stats

quentin_compson
04-08-2013, 04:43 AM
You forgot Duncan(2002 and 2003 playoffs) and Barkley. But yeah, very rare to see someone average 20/10/5 line for an entire post-season. Leonard would be a franchise player if he had the ability to put up those kind of stats

I did a quick search as well and was kind of surprised that Webber never had those averages. The last players to do so between Barkley in 90/91 and Duncan and Garnett in 2001/02 (played only 3 games, though) were Derrick Coleman in 91/92 (only 4 games) and Drexler in 93/94 (only 4 games as well).

Fireball
04-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Problem in this game with Kawhis defense was that he may have had no clue who these players were he defended. IMO his big steps on the defensive end came against high caliber players he already knows from last season. He still should be able to defend the Hawks scrubs though ...