Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Other than Timmy it was a pathetic performance. That kind of play isn't going to get us very far at the end of the season. It's not the first time we've played like that in the last few weeks. This team needs to get its head around itself and understand what it takes to be there because as a group they don't have it right now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Kawhi Played Good ball... A little bit hesitant and ball watching at times in offense, but he scored 23..can't complain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could have used some of Patty's energy and scoring off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's off-ball defense was kinda bad, Jenkins got some easy buckets cuz Kawhi didn't fight through screens imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Kawhi being thrown under the bus? He had a good game, too, Pop. Piss on everyone else all you want but Kawhi continues to build on his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys have to let Pop come down on Kawhi because this will soon be Kawhis team and he will have to be the one CONSISTENTLY playing excellent ball like Timmy and setting the example. but i thought ee played rather well considering we were missing two hall of famers *shrug*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has needed to call this team out for awhile now. The team is not focused and its becoming very annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop pulling the "pathetic" card. I think this might be new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    furthermore, half of our role players are trash, because they depend on a system of being set up by superior players, and when those players are absent (like tonight) it exposes a lot of individual weaknesses.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFLMAOLOLOLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLLOLOLOLOLOL

Translation:
    It took Parker and Manu to be broken and out of commission for Pop to realize he has to be very hard and maximize what he can get out of Leonard this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Pop said about his team. That an Atlanta team that is THAT depleted pushed the Spurs to the limit at home at this point of the season should be troubling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't expect these guys to go out there and do what Tony and Manu do. He knows how skilled his role players are. Pop is happy as long as you show focus, discipline and effort and those are things that should be there no matter who is dressed out. These are the things that have been missing the last few weeks and its pretty alarming. I don't ever remember a Spurs team who was this lackadaisical down the stretch.

If you can't see how much more serious Duncan is taking his job right now compared to the other players then you just aren't looking and that shouldn't be the case.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna have to agree with train of thought 5 to some extent.

this seems like a shot at kawhi, because his game needs to progress if he's to become the man. and so far this season it has not progressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like dogs. They played like dogs. Like those dogs playing poker, I mean what kind of a dog would smoke a cigar and show his hand to the other dogs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us something we don't know.

#1 poster - @chazley
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonna have to agree with train of thought 5 to some extent.

this seems like a shot at kawhi, because his game needs to progress if he's to become the man. and so far this season it has not progressed.
    What the are you talking about? Thanks for the legit LOL

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has needed to call this team out for awhile now. The team is not focused and its becoming very annoying.
    I swear this team is goofy as all . They don't ever look serious, determined or assured out there. Lackluster defense to end games with especially bad defense of last second shots. Really silly turnovers and sometimes, general clumsyness (falling over themselves). The role players we will have to depend on most appear to be shrinking away from the light... *cough* TIAGO *cough* Danny *cough*

The team is just goofy-looking at times. The guys need to focus...

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Kawhi being thrown under the bus? He had a good game, too, Pop. Piss on everyone else all you want but Kawhi continues to build on his game.

What the are you babbling about?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the way Pop's coaching the team right now. His rotations have been throwing guys out of their rhythm. If Blair and one of Joseph or De Colo isn't going to be part of the playoff rotation, they shouldn't be getting rotation minutes now. I hope Pop's words light a spark for the players, but he's letting them down, too.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the way Pop's coaching the team right now. His rotations have been throwing guys out of their rhythm. If Blair and one of Joseph or De Colo isn't going to be part of the playoff rotation, they shouldn't be getting rotation minutes now. I hope Pop's words light a spark for the players, but he's letting them down, too.

uh ok so if Parker and Ginobili don't play, who gets their minutes....

De Colo play all 48?

come on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could have used some of Patty's energy and scoring off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SOFT CARD

SOFT CARD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Not that I don't think there were too many bonehead plays, but the execution isn't going to be there when you're missing key pieces.

Pop must sense he needs to light a fire under a few key role players that need to up their game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is a funk that only a healthy Tony and Manu could fix. It sucks it happened so close to the playoffs.

Thread Information