PDA

View Full Version : Cuban comments on Horry

Walton Buys Off Me
07-08-2005, 11:56 AM
From today's Fort Worth Star Telegram, this might give us an indication of the financial terms of Horry's decision to remain with San Antonio;

"The Mavs offered Robert Horry a three year contract for at least 9 million but Horry decided to return to San Antonio. "We wanted Rob", Mark Cuban said. "We probably wouldn't have played him much during the season, but we could have used to swagger in the playoffs".

Screwing Cuban always brings a smile to my face.

No link because you have to register but you can read the blurb off hoopshype.

Walton

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 11:59 AM
That doesn't indicate anything we didn't already know.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
When were actual confirmed dollar figures ever discussed in regards to Horry?

And I'm not talking about you coming up with scenarios in your momma's basement in one of your 1252 daily 'posts'.

constantstate
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
the thought of him raising his arm in that fruity way only he does... trying to high-five horry as the camera pans towards the mavs bench for a time out... makes me sick. :)

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes.

And my mama's basement beats your mama's basement.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Probably, my mom lives in an apartment.

Marcus Bryant
07-08-2005, 12:05 PM
So you share an apartment with your mama. Nice. She must tire of hearing you and TwoManJam go at it.

picnroll
07-08-2005, 12:05 PM
We probably wouldn't have played him much during the season, but we could have used to swagger in the playoffs".

Cuban was probably as or more interested in keeping Horry from the Spurs as he was signing him for the Mavs.

SenorSpur
07-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Cuban is like the rich kid next door. If you've got a pretty set of marbles, he's not happy until he goes out and buys a set that are prettier than yours.

Or maybe he's more like the NBA's version of lil' Dan Synder (owner of the Washington Redskins), who every year changes out parts like a madman, trying to buy himself a championship - and every year gets further and further away. I'm glad Big Rob turned him down. Cuban's a jerk off!

Down with the Mavs in '06. The only swagger Cuban will see is the championshiph strut when the Mavs play the Spurs. Can't wait until the Spurs put foot in their ass next season.

If there's any justice the scheduling gods will schedule the Spurs ring ceremony during our first home games vs. Dallas.

picnroll
07-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels and the stiff Podkolzin are crapping up summer league in Vegas so far. Better luck next time Mark.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Y'all gotta realize - Cuban likes having his name out there. And seeings he's not doing shit right now WRT FA, he's gotta gravy train off of others.

ZStomp
07-08-2005, 10:03 PM
From today's Fort Worth Star Telegram, this might give us an indication of the financial terms of Horry's decision to remain with San Antonio;

"The Mavs offered Robert Horry a three year contract for at least 9 million but Horry decided to return to San Antonio. "We wanted Rob", Mark Cuban said. "We probably wouldn't have played him much during the season, but we could have used to swagger in the playoffs".

Screwing Cuban always brings a smile to my face.

No link because you have to register but you can read the blurb off hoopshype.

Walton

I'm thinking they gave Horry a 3 year deal for like $10-12 million.....

milkyway21
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Dear Mr. Cuban,

Horry's priority is to play in a Championship team. You see, he is not satisfied with his 6 rings. He wants to beat Jordan's record.And with Tim Duncan, TP & Manu, he thinks Spurs is capable of doing that again.

Sorry. Try your luck next time around...maybe after 3 yrs?

Respectfully,

Spurs fan:D

bpl
07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
f u c k cuban

CubanMustGo
07-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Dear Mark, take your fucking money you were fucking lucky to get before the crash and go fuck yourself. Fuckwad.

CalsonicKansei
07-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Cuban is a fucktard, that is filthy rich.

exstatic
07-08-2005, 11:39 PM
My guess is that SA ponyed up with a 3 year offer in the neighborhood of $15M, although it's really a 2 year deal around 10M, with the last year being a buyout. My thinking is that for his last season, Ferry was rewarded for his two years at vet min with a 4.5M one year deal. Why wouldn't they do a better deal for Horry?

mavsfan1000
07-09-2005, 12:23 AM
It is unfortunate that Dallas has the possiblities to go far but seem to feel the pressure more than most teams. We don't have the leader that the top teams have. Shaq and Duncan are probably the best leaders in the league.

Banks91
07-09-2005, 12:27 AM
simply put the mavericks arent goin to win a championship as long as

Nowitzki is the leader of ur team, its as simple as that. Dirk is not a winner, and

he never will be. that dumb cuban shouldve accepted that deal for shaq that

included nowitzki

Banks91
07-09-2005, 12:28 AM
i mean, y would u consider a player like nowitzki untouchable, when in reality

shaq himself wasnt untouchable, along with t-mac(who by the way made dirk

look like stupid in playoffs).

Banks91
07-09-2005, 12:33 AM
look at 14 of last 15 championships

bulls 6
lakers 3
spurs 3
rockets 2

other then the pistons, which used team play and great defense, each team had

had dominant player , from jordan and bulls, hakeem and rockets, shaq and lakers

duncan and spurs. Dirk just does not belong in that group, and until he does(which

he will never) then the mavericks wont win

mavsfan1000
07-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Shaq is not the player he once was. You would think all the beating he takes that he would wear out and that did happen this year and he wasn't healthy in the playoffs. Dirk is much younger and Dallas had more trouble with defense anyway. Shaq would not improve that. Dallas was lucky to get out of a hole that they were in the 90's but becoming a champion everything has to be perfect. Dallas was lucky to find Dirk but they need more.

Banks91
07-09-2005, 12:36 AM
for the moment and probably the next 5 seasons, the teams that can win

will be teams with dominant players (heat and shaq, spurs and duncan,manu.

suns and amare, wolves and garnet even though didnt maket the playoffs this year) and the exception in detroit

mavsfan1000
07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Good luck with Garnett. He is not a dominant player even though he is solid. I don't see anything out of Minnesota for a long time. Suns without Joe Johnson won't win either. Spurs and Mavericks are the top 2 teams in my opinion and Houston and Phoenix are right behind. Phoenix might be ahead of Dallas with Joe Johnson.

Mavs<Spurs
07-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Cuban is like the rich kid next door. If you've got a pretty set of marbles, he's not happy until he goes out and buys a set that are prettier than yours.

Or maybe he's more like the NBA's version of lil' Dan Synder (owner of the Washington Redskins), who every year changes out parts like a madman, trying to buy himself a championship - and every year gets further and further away. I'm glad Big Rob turned him down. Cuban's a jerk off!

Down with the Mavs in '06. The only swagger Cuban will see is the championshiph strut when the Mavs play the Spurs. Can't wait until the Spurs put foot in their ass next season.

If there's any justice the scheduling gods will schedule the Spurs ring ceremony during our first home games vs. Dallas.

exactly right!

Mavs<Spurs
07-09-2005, 01:01 AM
It is unfortunate that Dallas has the possiblities to go far but seem to feel the pressure more than most teams. We don't have the leader that the top teams have. Shaq and Duncan are probably the best leaders in the league.

You've heard this before I'm sure, but you all have got to get a prime time low post scorer to get to and win the Finals. Most of the time, you will get a higher percentage shot when you have such a player. Plus, the pressure that this type of player will put on the other team's defense will open things up for your teams shooters. Not like I'm telling you anything you don't already know. :fro

Mavs<Spurs
07-09-2005, 01:04 AM
look at 14 of last 15 championships

bulls 6
lakers 3
spurs 3
rockets 2

other then the pistons, which used team play and great defense, each team had

had dominant player , from jordan and bulls, hakeem and rockets, shaq and lakers

duncan and spurs. Dirk just does not belong in that group, and until he does(which

he will never) then the mavericks wont win

Plus, with the exception of Jordan, obviously the greatest player of all time, all of the other teams had an awesome low post player.

Mavs<Spurs
07-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Good luck with Garnett. He is not a dominant player even though he is solid. I don't see anything out of Minnesota for a long time. Suns without Joe Johnson won't win either. Spurs and Mavericks are the top 2 teams in my opinion and Houston and Phoenix are right behind. Phoenix might be ahead of Dallas with Joe Johnson.

agree

Hook Dem
07-09-2005, 08:52 AM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/8820/maverickssuck6hy.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

strangeweather
07-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Good luck with Garnett. He is not a dominant player even though he is solid. I don't see anything out of Minnesota for a long time.

I think Garnett gets a bad rap because he's never had that terrific a team around him except for '04. Still, even with chemistry problems, other never-got-a-title guys like Malone would never have missed the playoffs last year.

Suns without Joe Johnson won't win either. Spurs and Mavericks are the top 2 teams in my opinion and Houston and Phoenix are right behind. Phoenix might be ahead of Dallas with Joe Johnson.

The Suns will have Joe Johnson, and I'd definitely put them ahead of the Mavs. The Rockets could end up pretty close (or ahead of the Mavs) with the right offseason moves. The Nuggets should contend for homecourt unless Karl falls apart again like he did in Milwaukee.

Vashner
07-09-2005, 10:37 AM
He's a rich boy spoiled with toys for cash...

SenorSpur
07-09-2005, 10:44 AM
He such a spoiled ass that he routinely listens to both local sportstalks stations and if he hears any Mavs chatter that he perceives to be "unfair" or "too negative", he'll routinely call into the show's host to challenge their opinions.

He makes no bones about wanting to follow the blueprint set forth by the Spurs. He's very happy to have AJ in place as head coach. However during one of his tirades, this fool had the never to indicate "Josh Howard will be better than Bruce Bowen" year and should challenge for DPOY.

He's an ass with blue and white "rose colored" glasses.

Spurologist
07-09-2005, 10:51 AM
:flipoff cuban

green14552
07-09-2005, 07:27 PM
oh the humility...

Horry makes a shot he shouldn't have made and you all pat yourselves on the back...

...very likely the 2nd best team won the series...

let's hope the Mavs are as arrogant and self-inflated when they win the championship.....

boooo spurs....boooo ....booooo :spin

SenorSpur
07-11-2005, 03:09 AM
oh the humility...

Horry makes a shot he shouldn't have made and you all pat yourselves on the back...

let's hope the Mavs are as arrogant and self-inflated when they win the championship.....

When you've won three titles, you've earned the right to pat yourself on the back. What the hell have the Mavs won? The summer league championships?

Get real. No need to worry about the Mavs championship hopes. The only way the Mavs even sniff the championship is when they kiss the rings of the world champions.

:fro Read the banners and weep!

tophy7
07-11-2005, 03:16 AM
oh the humility...

let's hope the Mavs are as arrogant and self-inflated IF they win the championship.....

Changed the keyword for you :lol

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2005, 03:16 AM
We may beat him in banners, but we lose in the drumline/miced rim category.

SenorSpur
07-11-2005, 08:46 AM
A testimony to their "style over substance" philosophy.

easjer
07-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Well, I think Houston, even with their creamy marshmallow center, has the potential to outstrip Dallas this year, but I have to see what AJ does with the defense. . . Either way, it's going to be a tight division this year - I don't expect Houston will have quite the same pg troubles. The Spurs will have to be on their toes if they don't want to want to be 4th or 5th in the playoff seeding.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Well, I think Houston, even with their creamy marshmallow center, has the potential to outstrip Dallas this year.

That's true in a lot of ways. Eric "Second Best Big Man in the League" Dampier seems to be doing his best to catch Yao on the Charmin scale. I think it's kind of funny how much "Rasho is soft" talk goes on here and he's not even the softest in the state!