PDA

View Full Version : Why do you want to trade Rasho over Nazr?

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 09:47 AM
I am sure you all have very good reasons, so let's hear them! I won't like any of them :lol but I am listening. :makemyday

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 09:55 AM
His deal is longer and if he has indeed lost his role on the team, you get into a Malik-like "play him or trade him" situation. The new CBA may have made the need to choose the latter a bit less imperative than it was with Malik.

WalterBenitez
07-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Just and opinion, no a reason :eyebrows

Nazr showed more "warrior-spirit" (if you allow me the expression) than Rasho; Rasho is a good player in some ocasion plays tremendous "D" but in some games he showed very very soft, on the other "hand"... I am worried about "Nazr's hands" sometimes he loos like washs his hands with oil. :D

boutons
07-09-2005, 10:28 AM
They both have major limitations in individual skills and fundamentals. The choice, imo, is which has less weaknesses.

All I care about is that "may the better man win" the starting C in November. We'll see whether Rasho has the fight in him to win it back (which I think is well within his reach), and whether Nazr can improve on defense and hustle enough to keep his starting role. However, at their ages and experiences, I don't expect either to have much, if any, "blossoming' left.

caspian
07-09-2005, 10:29 AM
I am sure you all have very good reasons, so let's hear them! I won't like any of them :lol but I am listening. :makemyday

Nazr is more athletic and, therefore, has more unrealized potential (upside). It also just so happens that Rasho lacks a 'fire-in-the-belly' aggressiveness.

However, and this is a pet peeve...Nazr had better learn how to catch the damn ball.

duncan_21
07-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Nazr's a little quicker, a better shot blocker, a little better at scoring in the post, and has a better jumpshot (by a little). Nazr matches up better against the quicker c's in the league, rasho matches up with the old time centers of 10 years ago.

I only see rasho effective against guys like shaq and yao. Other then those 2 matchups I don't see why he would have to start. My biggest complaint with rasho is that it seems like he can't make up his mind on what to do with the ball. Once he makes his decision he's so slow that he gets a contested shot.

Nazr looks like mister butterfingers. tp would have averaged another 2 apg in the finals if he could hold on to the damn ball, and these were nice feather touch passes.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Hell, trade 'em both for Magloire.....how come we haven't heard that one?

Maybe they could throw in Nailon too....

:drunk

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 11:19 AM
All right guys, I am no basketball guru. I know enough to get by. Also I am slightly = ) biased on the subject. But for fun, here is an honest effort at objectivity.

Rasho and Nazr are both talented and each have had shining moments.

Nazr is very good at getting the offensive rebound and going right back up. I agree that he doesn't have the best hands.

Rasho plays excellent defense I think and also does well at setting screens. I like that this will be Rasho's third year having played under Pop's system as opposed to it being Nazr's first full season with us.

Rah has his nice hook shot and might score more often if he didn't defer to Timmy. I think Nazr has the scoring edge although I am not sure by how much.
Maybe the Spurs want a center who scores more, I don't know.

Bottom line, so far as I am concerned:
Keeping any player is somewhat of a risk. Since, I have endless faith in Rasho ( and am partial to him), he gets my vote of confidence over Nazr.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Nazr dunks. Rasho lays it up. 'Nuff said.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Rasho is soft and a big reason why San Antonio didn't win the championship last year. You can't win a championship with Rasho starting. Nazr is much better.

ace3g
07-09-2005, 11:46 AM
we lost last year because of .4, robert horry didnt have his shot, and on occassion we couldnt hit jump shots.

spurschick
07-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Nazr dunks.

Occasionally. After a few pump fakes. He needs to learn just to go straight up.

rascal
07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Rasho = Soft

Thats why I want him traded. He plays timid, is not agressive enough( seldom takes it strong to the basket and gets out husseled on the glass) and doesn't play up to his size. He is also hard to watch play, capital Boring.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Spurschick,

THat was partially tongue in cheek.

However, it is a microcosm of how Nazr is aggressive while Rasho plays so weak around the rim.

I think you'll see less pump fakes next year when Nazr's completely healthy (people seem to want to gloss over the fact he played the entire playoffs with a bum leg).

Sense
07-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Rasho was always the weakest link in the starting position..

No real role....

you might say defense, but anyone else in his spot can play the same defense or better.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 12:09 PM
you might say defense, but anyone else in his spot can play the same defense or better.Except no one has.

Sense
07-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Except no one has.

Hmm... under Pop?

You doubting that?

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Hmm... under Pop?

You doubting that?Yes.

Nazr, TMass, Horry, Marks -- none have played D as well as Rasho.

If you want DRob back, give him a jingle. Otherwise it's the main reason for keeping Rasho around.

Sense
07-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Hmm, as far as I know you really shouldn't doubt Nazr on that one. He's better at the boards, and he's a good blocker.

Horry is underrated when it comes to defense, he won us games last season due to his blocks and steals, and who cares about TMass and Marks? Personally I don't like em...that's why they are bench.

I do believe we can bring a big man to San Antonio and he will have more defensive impact than Rasho.

T Park
07-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Consider whos asking the question and move on.

Ive always said, if you could find someone better than NEsterovic, bring him in, till then leave the guy alone.

Nazr Mohammed>>>>>>>Nesterovic that simple.

Hes got some worth as a scoring and good defensive center, and if you can get a SF or big or whatever in return for that, to fill the holes in this team you do it.

That simple.

Horry For 3!
07-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Hell, trade 'em both for Magloire.....how come we haven't heard that one?

Maybe they could throw in Nailon too....

:drunk
WTF you thinking!?! Magloire is only good in the East, he didn't do shit in the West.

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=T Park]Consider who's asking the question and move on.(QUOTE]

Asking a valid question, is not lame. However, hitting on two women at the same GTG ( Goombah's) is.

So here is a helpful reminder for you to carry along with you as you "move on": Girls talk!

Happy trails!

Sense
07-09-2005, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=T Park]Consider who's asking the question and move on.(QUOTE]

Asking a valid question, is not lame. However, hitting on two women at the same GTG ( Goombah's) is.

So here is a helpful reminder for you to carry along with you as you "move on": Girls talk!

Happy trails!

Not trying to get inbetween this one, but I think you make him look good when saying he's hitting on two women, especially if it's T Park.
:rolleyes

angel_luv
07-09-2005, 01:50 PM
I shouldn't have said it in the first place. It was no big deal. I was amused more than I was offended.
Sorry T-Park.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 01:59 PM
WTF you thinking!?!Unclench. It was a joke -- though it's not like our centers are really lighting anyone up.

Twisted_Dawg
07-09-2005, 02:08 PM
......Didn't you see Ray Allen dunk right over Rasho? Completely humiliated him. Enough said as to why he needs to be traded.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 02:11 PM
I've seen pretty much every center in the league get dunked on.

That's a nonargument.

Sense
07-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Rasho is right next to bradley on the most dunked on list.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 02:14 PM
He's #1 on the Dislocating Kobe's Shoulder list.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Consider who's asking the question and move on.

Happy trails!
:lmao :lmao :lmao!

scott
07-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Narz doesn't have a vagina.

td4mvp3
07-09-2005, 02:52 PM
defensively, they're probably about a wash since the idea is a team-oriented approach. hell, barry and robinson looked all right in this scheme. but even if you give rasho the edge defensively, i'd have a hard time believing it's by much. then you factor in that nazr has shown a better scoring touch and, what's more, mentality as seen by the dunking. very rarely will your dunk get blocked but we've seen plenty of layups end up in the front row. that and nazr's offense was impressive by anyone's standards considering he'd been part of the team for half a year. he was on par with our starting center who had been here for two-three years. we shouldn't be having discussions about rasho deferring too much to duncan or not dunking because by now that message should have been received. and if nesterovich's main calling card is defense, i saw little drop off in that area when nazr was in. it does still make me chuckle though thinking of how many times rasho was berated by kg and now has a ring while mr. minnesota continues his search. that aside, i'd like to see the guy go.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2005, 02:57 PM
but even if you give rasho the edge defensively, i'd have a hard time believing it's by much.It is much, but it's alot to expect in such a short time. We'll see after training camp..
very rarely will your dunk get blockedNazr would have led the Spurs in "own shots bocked per 48" this season, beating out even Malik.
nazr's offense was impressive by anyone's standards considering he'd been part of the team for half a year.Nah. It was anemic by anyone's standards, just better than Rasho's.

It's not a landslide for either side.

Dex
07-09-2005, 03:09 PM
......Didn't you see Ray Allen dunk right over Rasho? Completely humiliated him. Enough said as to why he needs to be traded.

I suppose nobody ever scored on you when playing ball, huh? :rolleyes

Even the 'almighty' Shaq gets dunked on, and nobody is going to dispute his status. Get over it.

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Narz doesn't have a vagina.
How would you know :lol

bigzak25
07-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Aggie nailed it. This is all about agressiveness and dollars.

Rasho is just not worth his contact for what little he brings, especially as a 7 footer. Every thing he brings on D, Naz can do better, other than maybe keeping a big body on Shaq, but Rasho gets abused as well, so that's a push at best...

And as glad and thankful as i am that we had Nazr this year, i expect him to be gone after next season as well. I don't think the Spurs are gonna pony up the cash to keep him, especially if Scola is all that. That's why we are all in wait and see mode. And that's why, while I want Rasho traded, I only want that going down if the FO has another 7 footer in their back pocket. Maybe they do.

and RACK angel for OWNING tpark. what was that consider the source and move on bullshit? you didn't move on, did you? you gave your 2 cent take. just cuz you couldn't get play and now you supposedly are back in cali, you think you have a right to be a dick? guess what? you do. but expect others to exercise their right to call you out on it.

WalterBenitez
07-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Rasho = Soft

Thats why I want him traded. He plays timid, is not agressive enough( seldom takes it strong to the basket and gets out husseled on the glass) and doesn't play up to his size. He is also hard to watch play, capital Boring.

I have the same opinion, but when used to play WOLVES he USED TO DUNK and looked more agressive, so what happened to this man??? :angel

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Nazr can dunk. Rasho can't.

Rasho can catch passes better. Nazr can't.

Now to me these are the biggest weaknesses of each player. And I think that improving catching ability is FAR easier than increasing your jumping ability....