PDA

View Full Version : Nando de Colo is an INTELLIGENT DEFENDER (aka NO NEAL)

Gino-Step
06-10-2013, 01:12 AM
de Colo is a wizard on defensive spacing and reading opposing offenses. Something Neal absolutely cannot do. Neal moves after a pass has been made. He has no clue where the Heat might cut or pass to. When you are an off ball defender in this series (which is what Neal is since he does not guard LeBron, Wade, or Bosh), defensive IQ is much more important than physical attributes.

Nando de Colo has the brains for this.

FK POP

Brutalis
06-10-2013, 01:16 AM
y u do dis?

Colo is average at best on defense. Seriously? And he'll contribute as much as CoJo will on offense.

Budkin
06-10-2013, 01:17 AM
No way Nando gets PT at this point. He lost out.

timvp
06-10-2013, 01:17 AM
De Colo would break the turnover record in this series, unfortch.

Splits
06-10-2013, 01:19 AM
So, front page has playtmac and playdecolo threads... guess it's about time to go and bump that "Is Pop kicking himself over SJax?" thread...

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Maybe if he didn't bitch to the media, he would've been given a chance.

SpurPadre
06-10-2013, 01:21 AM
De Colo would break the turnover record in this series, unfortch.

Isn't that currently held by Beno Udrih?

td4mvp2k
06-10-2013, 01:23 AM
So, front page has playtmac and playdecolo threads... guess it's about time to go and bump that "Is Pop kicking himself over SJax?" thread...:lol or y... didnt spurs sign eddy curry...

T Park
06-10-2013, 06:04 AM
It exposes a need for this offseason. If they can get the cap space, one would think they could find the appropriate shooting guard to upgrade to.

dunkman
06-10-2013, 06:40 AM
They should play Cory, instead of Neal.

cd98
06-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Depends on whether we need shooting or defense. Neal can shoot, but can't defend. Cojo can defend, but can't shoot. I think Cojo will get more minutes at home where he will have more confidence with his shot.

LakerHater
06-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Neal keep leavin shooters open! :bang

BatManu20
06-10-2013, 02:42 PM
NDC would be terrible in this series. I bet he doesn't play a single minute outside of garbage time.

spurraider21
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Neal's outside shooting never fully recovered this season. Ended the reg season at 35.5% from 3, and for the playoffs is below 30%. I was always a Neal fan because despite his defensive lapses, he was a reliable shot-maker. That ability has dissolved. He still spaces the floor better than CoJo does because the defense still respects him, and he was a quicker release, but he has the tendency to be like Westbrook and just pull up for a long jumper in transition before our offense gets anything set up, and its infuriating.

TJastal
06-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Neal's outside shooting never fully recovered this season. Ended the reg season at 35.5% from 3, and for the playoffs is below 30%. I was always a Neal fan because despite his defensive lapses, he was a reliable shot-maker. That ability has dissolved. He still spaces the floor better than CoJo does because the defense still respects him, and he was a quicker release, but he has the tendency to be like Westbrook and just pull up for a long jumper in transition before our offense gets anything set up, and its infuriating.

Agreed. Neal's shot has not looked fluid and is defenitely off. If he's not scorching the nets he's a major liability out there.

Dex
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Is it just me, or does Neal seem to have the turning radius of a big rig truck when he is going around screens?

Budkin
06-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Remember in 2011 when it seemed like Neal could hit from anywhere, anytime? That train was derailed.

TheGoldStandard
06-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Neal is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a Spurs uniform. His shot making is ho hum and his lack of defense is just atrocious. I've never seen him fight through a screen, he's more interested in packing the paint away from the ball as if he's going to make some weak side block and leaves his man open for an uncontested 3.

Johnny RIngo
06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
DeColo has no offense(can't even hit open threes) and has too much Beno in him to ever be a useful playmaker. He'll be back in Europe after next season. Spurs FO is good but they're wasting their time with this piece of shit.

ohmwrecker
06-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Gary Neal, at this point, is giving away as many or more points than he scores. At least Joseph can hold his own on one end of the floor, Gary Neal isn't doing either. I would actually prefer T-Mac for fuck's sake.