Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    de Colo is a wizard on defensive spacing and reading opposing offenses. Something Neal absolutely cannot do. Neal moves after a pass has been made. He has no clue where the Heat might cut or pass to. When you are an off ball defender in this series (which is what Neal is since he does not guard LeBron, Wade, or Bosh), defensive IQ is much more important than physical attributes.

Nando de Colo has the brains for this.

FK POP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y u do dis?

Colo is average at best on defense. Seriously? And he'll contribute as much as CoJo will on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Nando gets PT at this point. He lost out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo would break the turnover record in this series, unfortch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, front page has playtmac and playdecolo threads... guess it's about time to go and bump that "Is Pop kicking himself over SJax?" thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if he didn't to the media, he would've been given a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo would break the turnover record in this series, unfortch.
    Isn't that currently held by Beno Udrih?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, front page has playtmac and playdecolo threads... guess it's about time to go and bump that "Is Pop kicking himself over SJax?" thread...
    or y... didnt spurs sign eddy curry...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It exposes a need for this offseason. If they can get the cap space, one would think they could find the appropriate shooting guard to upgrade to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should play Cory, instead of Neal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on whether we need shooting or defense. Neal can shoot, but can't defend. Cojo can defend, but can't shoot. I think Cojo will get more minutes at home where he will have more confidence with his shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal keep leavin shooters open!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NDC would be terrible in this series. I bet he doesn't play a single minute outside of garbage time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal's outside shooting never fully recovered this season. Ended the reg season at 35.5% from 3, and for the playoffs is below 30%. I was always a Neal fan because despite his defensive lapses, he was a reliable shot-maker. That ability has dissolved. He still spaces the floor better than CoJo does because the defense still respects him, and he was a quicker release, but he has the tendency to be like Westbrook and just pull up for a long jumper in transition before our offense gets anything set up, and its infuriating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal's outside shooting never fully recovered this season. Ended the reg season at 35.5% from 3, and for the playoffs is below 30%. I was always a Neal fan because despite his defensive lapses, he was a reliable shot-maker. That ability has dissolved. He still spaces the floor better than CoJo does because the defense still respects him, and he was a quicker release, but he has the tendency to be like Westbrook and just pull up for a long jumper in transition before our offense gets anything set up, and its infuriating.
    Agreed. Neal's shot has not looked fluid and is defenitely off. If he's not scorching the nets he's a major liability out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me, or does Neal seem to have the turning radius of a big rig truck when he is going around screens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember in 2011 when it seemed like Neal could hit from anywhere, anytime? That train was derailed.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a Spurs uniform. His shot making is ho hum and his lack of defense is just atrocious. I've never seen him fight through a screen, he's more interested in packing the paint away from the ball as if he's going to make some weak side block and leaves his man open for an uncontested 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeColo has no offense(can't even hit open threes) and has too much Beno in him to ever be a useful playmaker. He'll be back in Europe after next season. Spurs FO is good but they're wasting their time with this piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary Neal, at this point, is giving away as many or more points than he scores. At least Joseph can hold his own on one end of the floor, Gary Neal isn't doing either. I would actually prefer T-Mac for 's sake.

Thread Information