PDA

View Full Version : Danyel, RE: The Scola article

whottt
07-16-2005, 01:41 AM
I couldn't find the one I was looking for...

But I did find a thread from last summer in which it was discussed...

And you posted in it lol!

Link:http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183&page=2&pp=26

And here's an interesting post from TimVP in that same thread...

Look at what he is saying now...look at what this reporter(and they said he was friends with most of the guy son the national team) said today his reaction would probably be...and put 2+2 together...

Scola doesn't want to wait...he wants to play.

Obviously his buyout was more than the Spurs expected it to be because his club lost it's best players...

If he's worth what he is asking, the Spurs should be able to trade him...and another team can bring him over.

But it's obvious that he has got issues with this and it's probably best if he just plays for another team than for an organization he has a grudge with...

I understand the guys frustration..and that is another reason the Spurs should trade him...

It just wasn't meant to be for Scola and the Spurs.

whottt
07-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Oh...here's the TimVP post from that thread:

If Scola is going to get mad because of an email, what is going to happen when Pop rips his azz?

:depressed

whottt
07-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Here is what I posted in that thread:

Well I saw that interview and I think he was pissed. When Sager told him what Popovich said he scowled and said he was going to worry about his Euro team, not the NBA...much like what he said in this article.

And furthermore, I don't know if anyone remembers this or not...but Scola wasn't too happy about being drafted in the second round by the Spurs either...once he slipped out of the first round he was hoping no one would draft him so he could be a FA. I definitely remember him making comments about it at the time...that he wished he hadn't been drafted after slipping out of the first round.

Just because Manu is a coaches dream doesn't mean every Euroleague player or every Argentinian is...those guys can have egos and a scorers mentality just like the American players do...something to remember when we are ripping our own guys...

Personally I am not too worried about it...we have a fairly decent PF as it is and Scola does need to be able to rebound to play that position in the NBA...if he can't I don't see any reason to ditch Malik, who does rebound well, just to bring Scola over...

In Scola's defense though...he seems to have a firey mentality and I don't think that's a bad thing on this team.....he seems to know how to use his anger for motivation and come up big when it matters...It could just be the type of player he is..a guy who plays with an attitude and a chip on his shoulder.

I wouldn't sweat it one way or the other...if he's pissed he'll either get over it and not let it be a factor or else he'll move on with a little help from the Spurs...it'd be nice if we could get him and it works out but it's no biggie since PF is not our problem position.

my2sons
07-16-2005, 08:46 AM
wonder what manu's thoughts on all this are...wonder if he had any input on maturity, and which player was ready now for the nba and which player can handle pop's style better, or if this is strictly 3 - 14.5 million reasons scola isn't coming this year.

danyel
07-16-2005, 09:15 AM
I couldn't find the one I was looking for...

But I did find a thread from last summer in which it was discussed...

And you posted in it lol!

Link:http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183&page=2&pp=26

And here's an interesting post from TimVP in that same thread...

Look at what he is saying now...look at what this reporter(and they said he was friends with most of the guy son the national team) said today his reaction would probably be...and put 2+2 together...

Scola doesn't want to wait...he wants to play.

Obviously his buyout was more than the Spurs expected it to be because his club lost it's best players...

If he's worth what he is asking, the Spurs should be able to trade him...and another team can bring him over.

But it's obvious that he has got issues with this and it's probably best if he just plays for another team than for an organization he has a grudge with...

I understand the guys frustration..and that is another reason the Spurs should trade him...

It just wasn't meant to be for Scola and the Spurs.

Well, I certainly agree it didnt work out the best for both parts. Truth is all Spurs lost is one of the latest picks in that draft, almost valueless. What did Scole lose?

Scola didnt like some of the emails Bufford sent him and used them as motivation, total lockeroom cancer attitude.

I said I didnt remeber the article, that deserved his own thread? :rolleyes

Just to be clear, Scola has no one to blame about not being in the NBA but himselft. Spurs aren't helping though...