PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have built boring teams

rascal
12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
It happens every year. The Spurs build their team around older players or players lacking athletic skills who can create their own shots. The Spurs are boring tag is appropriate for the way the Spurs like to build their teams. It eventually bites them in the ass come playoff time when they come up against younger, quicker, more athletic teams who can defend the easy looks the spurs get away with and feast on during the regular season. The Spurs are built primarily on perimeter shooters and an offensive scheme of ball movement to get the open shots.

SpursRock20
12-17-2013, 11:56 AM
It happens every year. The Spurs build their team around older players or players lacking athletic skills who can create their own shots. The Spurs are boring tag is appropriate for the way the Spurs like to build their teams. It eventually bites them in the ass come playoff time when they come up against younger, quicker, more athletic teams who can defend the easy looks the spurs get away with and feast on during the regular season. The Spurs are built primarily on perimeter shooters and an offensive scheme of ball movement to get the open shots.

You can't spin "The Spurs are boring" shtick into a fact. It's all based on an individual's opinion.

rascal
12-17-2013, 11:58 AM
You can't spin "The Spurs are boring" shtick into a fact. It's all based on an individual's opinion.

It is a fact the Spurs have "The Spurs are boring" tag around the country and there are reasons for it.

Baam
12-17-2013, 11:59 AM
The Spurs were way more boring when they were winning championships...

PÒÓCH
12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Where's Dennis Rodman when you need him ?

SpursRock20
12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
It is a fact the Spurs have "The Spurs are boring" tag around the country and there are reasons for it.

That's true. Doesn't make the Spurs boring, however.

ElNono
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM

sup rascal. Sorry bout your Lakers :(

Clipper Nation
12-17-2013, 01:56 PM
The Spurs aren't boring at all, your offense is actually fun to watch most nights, tbh....

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-17-2013, 02:04 PM

They got that from the Robinson Era and early Duncan Era, yes during that time, they were boring to watch most nights. Since Manu and Parker have joined the Spurs, they have never been boring.

Rick Von Braun
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Rascal's takes are boring...

Duncan2177
12-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey if boring wins championships that's all that matters.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2013, 03:23 PM
How many times are u gonna post about this in a year Rascal??? I already talked this with u in a few threads. I will take boring if it wins titles.

Brazil
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
rascal :lol

DAF86
12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I want my nigga Bruno to tell us who this rascal folk is 'cause I'm sure he's somebody's troll, he's not a Spurs fan that's for sure.

jag
12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
rascal

Top 5 worst posters on ST.

Bruno
12-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I want my nigga Bruno to tell us who this rascal folk is 'cause I'm sure he's somebody's troll, he's not a Spurs fan that's for sure.

Don't count on me to out trolls account, DAF86Yacht.

dallasmaverickslose
12-17-2013, 03:46 PM
rascal (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=914)

Top 5 worst posters on ST.

I guess that puts you in the Top 1 worst?

jag
12-17-2013, 03:52 PM
I guess that puts you in the Top 1 worst?

I'm not sure what that has to do with rascal being a shitty poster. I don't know who you are, but please tell me you disagree with me so I'll know how shitty you are too.

dallasmaverickslose
12-17-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure what that has to do with rascal being a shitty poster. I don't know who you are, but please tell me you disagree with me so I'll know how shitty you are too.

I was kidding bro sheeeeeeeesh

ChumpDumper
12-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Why has rascal ever pretended to be a fan of this team?

In all his years of posting I have never seen him say anything positive about the Spurs.

weebo
12-17-2013, 04:10 PM

:lol

LittleCriminal
12-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I guess if you are infatuated with dunks, over payed contracts, one player iso's and losing games you will say the Spurs are a boring team..
Spurs are actually strategic every play every game.. play Team defense and Team Offense without any individual needing or wanting media attention
and have had a winning record for the past 15/16 seasons... I for one am never bored watching the Spurs.

justinandimcool
12-17-2013, 04:15 PM
You're confusing boring with mediocre.

Indiana and Portland play classyball too, but they have guys who can actually utilize footspeed, put the ball on the floor, and finish at the rim.

Put any kind of competent defender on a Spur and he will freeze up and pass to the next action in the play. Repeat until turnover or bad shot or TP bailout.

HarlemHeat37
12-17-2013, 04:21 PM
You're confusing boring with mediocre.

Indiana and Portland play classyball too, but they have guys who can actually utilize footspeed, put the ball on the floor, and finish at the rim.

Put any kind of competent defender on a Spur and he will freeze up and pass to the next action in the play. Repeat until turnover or bad shot or TP bailout.

Portland is 29th in the league in points in the paint, and Indiana is an average offensive team, tbh..

Anyways, rascal is admittedly a depressed loser in real life, he's mentioned it several times on ST, even making threads about his shitty life..I'm not making fun of him, I'm just reminding everybody that he's a pessimist, glass half-empty type of nigga, tbh, he was even hating on the Spurs when they were winning titles:lol..

He also has a wife that has cuckolded him and lives alone in Brazil, refusing to come to the USA to even see him, probably getting smashed regularly by large Brazlian cocks, while he's on SpursTalk complaining about every possible aspect of the Spurs organization, tbh..that's also probably why he's the biggest Splitter hater here, now that I think about it:lmao..

Leetonidas
12-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Maybe you should pray for a more exciting team. Dumbass

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2013, 04:23 PM
:lol its been a tough few years for rascal what with his lakers and the 140 mil payroll sucking so bad.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey rascal do you still the lakers have the best front office in the league?:lol

Skull-1
12-17-2013, 04:36 PM
The Spurs were way more boring when they were winning championships...

I wish they were even more boring. Like they were when we had Bruce and a lockdown, championship winning defense.

baseline bum
12-17-2013, 04:37 PM

LOL UTSA education

Arcadian
12-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Exactly.

You wanna talk about boring, how about spewing the same shitty takes for over a decade?

It's nonsense. The Spurs are entertaining because they are different. Entertainment is about novelty. The Spurs are consistent at winning, but their style of play has adapted to the dynamic changes of the league. And they have an identifiable style that is quite distinct from most other teams.

Skull-1
12-17-2013, 04:39 PM
I guess that puts me in the Top 1 worst?

Yes.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2013, 04:50 PM

I get sick of some clowns in here saying my team and putting a team next to it when they are not really a fan, they are easy to spot though. Put your real team if you are proud! It is clear this dude is another LA troll fant hough.

dallasmaverickslose
12-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Yes.

Skull-1 sure is a clever son of a gun!

Skull-1
12-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Skull-1 sure is a clever son of a gun!

Very.

DAF86
12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
I get sick of some clowns in here saying my team and putting a team next to it when they are not really a fan, they are easy to spot though. Put your real team if you are proud! It is clear this dude is another LA troll fant hough.

I think he's more of a quasi phsyco that really hates the Spurs for some reason and is obssessed with them. 'Cuase he's an original poster (see the spur) and posts regularly without ever going out of character. It's really sad.

spurraider21
12-17-2013, 07:41 PM
:lol not sure if serious

Sean Cagney
12-17-2013, 07:47 PM
I think he's more of a quasi phsyco that really hates the Spurs for some reason and is obssessed with them. 'Cuase he's an original poster (see the spur) and posts regularly without ever going out of character. It's really sad.

He has said the same thing in threads for months now pretty much. It is always they were boring and so on.

DAF86
12-17-2013, 09:43 PM
He has said the same thing in threads for months now pretty much. It is always they were boring and so on.

"Original" as in: He has been on Spurstalk since it was first created.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2013, 10:27 PM
"Original" as in: He has been on Spurstalk since it was first created.

He is sad...

MI21
12-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Pretty sure rascal is not a troll, if so, he has been gong for a good 12 years, fair effort.

LittleCriminal
12-18-2013, 12:03 AM
A troll is a troll....
Does it matter what the accumulated years of service are??
The answer for you Is No.

exstatic
12-18-2013, 08:31 AM

Spur|n|Austin
12-18-2013, 10:06 AM

DrSteffo
12-18-2013, 10:52 AM
The Spurs are boring if you don't know much about basketball.

TheyCallMePro
12-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Boring? Were the most exciting and most efficient offensive team in the league. Have been since 2008.

There's no NBA team that's more fun to watch than the Spurs.

elmanutres
12-18-2013, 03:36 PM
boring? Pretty sure that 2013 finals was the most exiting back and forth finals since the 2005 finals.

rascal
12-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Boring? Were the most exciting and most efficient offensive team in the league. Have been since 2008.

There's no NBA team that's more fun to watch than the Spurs.

The country doesn't think so. All the spurs finals except the last one because Miami drew the ratings have been pitiful when the spurs played.

The Spurs offense lacks playmakers. The Spurs play below the rim basketball for the most part. Just watch the Spurs offense and you will see most of the team just camps around the 3 point line for the entire offensive possession. Their idea of a fast break is Parker running down by himself and stopping at the key, pulling it back to start the passing it around game to find an open shooter camping out on the 3 point line. It is effective in the regular season but gets exposed in the playoffs against teams that clamp down defensively on the open looks.

I see every year when the spurs get beat in the playoffs people come in here saying the spurs need to get younger more athletic players but every year they come back with the same core and add a journeyman over the hill type player or some slow footed white guy.

DMC
12-18-2013, 06:01 PM

They could be exciting like the Clippers and be out in the 1st or 2nd round. How do you explain that? Or like the staaaaaaaaaaacked Lakers and get LOL'ed out of Staples. I don't think winning is boring. If your boring players can beat their monkeyballing players, I'll take the boring all day every day.

TheyCallMePro
12-18-2013, 06:02 PM
The country doesn't think so. All the spurs finals except the last one because Miami drew the ratings have been pitiful when the spurs played.

The Spurs offense lacks playmakers. The Spurs play below the rim basketball for the most part. Just watch the Spurs offense and you will see most of the team just camps around the 3 point line for the entire offensive possession. Their idea of a fast break is Parker running down by himself and stopping at the key, pulling it back to start the passing it around game to find an open shooter camping out on the 3 point line. It is effective in the regular season but gets exposed in the playoffs against teams that clamp down defensively on the open looks.

I see every year when the spurs get beat in the playoffs people come in here saying the spurs need to get younger more athletic players but every year they come back with the same core and add a journeyman over the hill type player or some slow footed white guy.

Ratings have to do with market-size. Not how exciting the team is to watch.

We should have beat the Heat last year...I think what were doing works pretty well. I will agree though that in crunch time in the playoffs our offense does seem to bog down. Tony Parker controls the ball too much and our ball movement stops. We played extremely tight in game 6 and 7 of the Finals last year. I remember Pop saying that we played "horrible" in both games.

DMC
12-18-2013, 06:02 PM

We shouldn't have traded away Lebron, CP3 and Durant imo.

rascal
12-22-2013, 11:45 AM
The Spurs offense lacks playmakers. The Spurs play below the rim basketball for the most part. Just watch the Spurs offense and you will see most of the team just camps around the 3 point line for the entire offensive possession. Their idea of a fast break is Parker running down by himself and stopping at the key, pulling it back to start the passing it around game to find an open shooter camping out on the 3 point line. It is effective in the regular season but gets exposed in the playoffs against teams that clamp down defensively on the open looks. It is getting exposed in the regular season by young athletic teams that clamp down on the Spurs perimeter shooters.

ducks
12-22-2013, 03:35 PM

the country relected the guy in the whitehouse
country knows shit