PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Kawhi Leonard gets touches against good and elite teams..against scrubs though...

apalisoc_9
12-31-2013, 08:29 PM
I can't be the only that sees this shit..Going up against good teams and elite teams, the kid gets touches. he's averaging 13.5 touches against teams .600 or better, against shit teams he'd be lucky to get points from a play. Spurstalk geniuses, what's is pop's mentality here? Shitty offensive system that wins against bad teams? ( Where kawhi is reduced to spot up shooter), Stat padding by other players? Pop using him as a wildcard? What is it?

I mean If I was 22 and asked to make shots and take shots against good and elite teams, and then asked to be reduced as spot up shooter against bad teams..How would I feel? Does pop even consider the possible consequences of having a frustrated leoanrd? I've noticed the last 6 games, the team has put in effort to give splitter touches, are they trying to develop the guy? We all know his fruit cake offense amount to nothing in the play-offs..So why him? why not the guy who has continuously proven his clutch and can make plays when it matters?

What is the old man thinking?

Rogue
12-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Pop been trying to compress his stats as much as he can so the team can re-sign him for a rather cheap price when his contract expires. Pop only unleashes him when he really needs his scoring (against good & elite teams)

apalisoc_9
12-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Pop been trying to compress his stats as much as he can so the team can re-sign him for a rather cheap price when his contract expires. Pop only unleashes him when he really needs his scoring (against good & elite teams)

I've never really thought of that way, but yeah I guess that's a possibility.

Arnold Toht
12-31-2013, 09:01 PM

He did the same thing with Splitter, except Splitter's agent knew better.

Rogue
12-31-2013, 09:17 PM
agree, he didn't do this with Danny because he knows Danny is a scrub and is easily replaceable.

Thread
12-31-2013, 09:20 PM
He did the same thing with Splitter, except Splitter's agent knew better.

- "You ain't no country preacher, preacher."

- Jeff Bridges - "Thunderbolt & Lightfoot"

TDMVPDPOY
01-01-2014, 01:21 AM
isnt this season the end of his rookie contract?

i seriously hope he leaves for greener pastures...

there is no fkn excuse for management not to be fully utilizing his skill set to its fullest potential who imo has better growth development than that starting jewhater on the team...

PlayNando
01-01-2014, 02:07 AM
Kawhi doesn't get touches against scrub teams because the Hero won't give him any. Against scrub teams Parker likes to run up his stats so he looks good on paper and makes All-Star teams, etc. Parker is all about individual accomplishments and doesn't give a damn about the team's development or anyone else. Just look at what he did in game 6, going 6-23 in an attempt to shoot his way into a Finals MVP Trophy.

AaronY
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Kawhi doesn't get touches against scrub teams because the Hero won't give him any. Against scrub teams Parker likes to run up his stats so he looks good on paper and makes All-Star teams, etc. Parker is all about individual accomplishments and doesn't give a damn about the team's development or anyone else. Just look at what he did in game 6, going 6-23 in an attempt to shoot his way into a Finals MVP Trophy.

troof bombs...especially that last part

apalisoc_9
01-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Truer words have never been spoken before..

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:28 PM
2:lol% shooting tonight and he's supposed to be The Future! franchise player for the Spurs. Dark days coming for them Spurs.

:rollin :lmao :rollin

apalisoc_9
01-02-2014, 11:29 PM
2:lol% shooting tonight and he's supposed to be The Future! franchise player for the Spurs.

Thanks Tony.

Thread
01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
2:lol% shooting tonight and he's supposed to be The Future! franchise player for the Spurs.

Luva had this guy pegged months ago. Luva did some research, checked some photos against CN's wedding album and is quite sure Kiwi has got tard in him.

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Thanks Tony.
-10 points for deflecting. TP wasn't guarding KL. :)

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Luva had this guy pegged months ago. Luva did some research, checked some photos against CN's wedding album and is quite sure Kiwi has got tard in him.
:lmao

Clipper Nation
01-02-2014, 11:33 PM
2:lol% shooting tonight and he's supposed to be The Future! franchise player for the Spurs. Dark days coming for them Spurs.

The Hero! only managed 7 assists.... that's 42 straight single-digit assist nights.... how's Kawhi supposed to get into a rhythm when Hero won't pass the ball? :downspin:

apalisoc_9
01-02-2014, 11:34 PM
-10 points for deflecting. TP wasn't guarding KL. :)

WTF did you even watch the game? he was guarding him all night...managed to deny him the ball and hold him to 5 total shots.

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:37 PM
The Hero! only managed 7 assists.... that's 42 straight single-digit assist nights.... how's Kawhi supposed to get into a rhythm when Hero won't pass the ball? :downspin:
Only a closet BNSFag would know that shit. Great stat though s:loln

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
WTF did you even watch the game? he was guarding him all night...managed to deny him the ball and hold him to 5 total shots.
GNSFag maaaaad as fuck. I win. :)

HI-FI
01-02-2014, 11:40 PM

that shit is pathetic. I hadn't checked the stats but seen enough of his games, same old shit.

looks like LkrFan is excited about future of Knicks-West since Knicks won tonight. good luck with that. :tu

Clipper Nation
01-02-2014, 11:42 PM
that shit is pathetic. I hadn't checked the stats but seen enough of his games, same old shit.

You'd think he'd at least luck into a double-digit assist night eventually, tbh.... I mean, even in the annoying games CP3 has every year where he's completely checked out and being tentative, he'll still get at least 10 assists....

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:43 PM

looks like LkrFan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824) is excited about future of Knicks-West since Knicks won tonight. good luck with that. :tu
If we get Melo and Daddy Tyson, I'm good. :tu

apalisoc_9
01-02-2014, 11:44 PM
You'd think he'd at least luck into a double-digit assist night eventually, tbh.... I mean, even in the annoying games CP3 has every year where he's completely checked out and being tentative, he'll still get at least 10 assists....

Cp3 recognizes things like mis-match, hot hands, open corner, the need to feed the ball to a guy that delivers when it matters etc...Tony is just a scoring PG.

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:46 PM
TP: 3
CP: :lol

-200 points son. SMH

Thread
01-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Cp3 recognizes things like mis-match, hot hands, open corner, the need to feed the ball to a guy that delivers when it matters etc...Tony is just a scoring PG.

9, quit following the herd, gd it!

Clipper Nation
01-02-2014, 11:47 PM
CP: :lol

-200 points son. SMH
Hero: prime Timmy, prime Manu, and Pop on his team; benched for Speedy Claxton :downspin:

HI-FI
01-02-2014, 11:47 PM
If we get Melo and Daddy Tyson, I'm good. :tu

I hope you guys get Melo. Knicks fans think they're championship material every year because of big names, only to be let down. I think Knicks-West is happening before our eyes.

You're also a Cowboys fan so maybe your familiar with this song and dance though? :tu

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
I hope you guys get Melo. Knicks fans think they're championship material every year because of big names, only to be let down. I think Knicks-West is happening before our eyes.

You're also a Cowboys fan so maybe your familiar with this song and dance though? :tu
If we get Daddy, bring on Melo. Melo by himself? N:lol

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Hero: prime Timmy, prime Manu, and Pop on his team; benched for Speedy Claxton :downspin:
CP: 2nd round virginPERI:lolD

-100 more points son. :lmao

Clipper Nation
01-02-2014, 11:50 PM
If we get Daddy, bring on Melo. Melo by himself? N:lol

Daddy and Melo would simply make you the Knicks, with Kirby playing the role of Amare :downspin:

LkrFan
01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Daddy and Melo would simply make you the Knicks, with Kirby playing the role of Amare :downspin:
:lol

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 01:28 AM
I can't be the only that sees this shit..Going up against good teams and elite teams, the kid gets touches. he's averaging 13.5 touches against teams .600 or better, against shit teams he'd be lucky to get points from a play. Spurstalk geniuses, what's is pop's mentality here? Shitty offensive system that wins against bad teams? ( Where kawhi is reduced to spot up shooter), Stat padding by other players? Pop using him as a wildcard? What is it?

I mean If I was 22 and asked to make shots and take shots against good and elite teams, and then asked to be reduced as spot up shooter against bad teams..How would I feel? Does pop even consider the possible consequences of having a frustrated leoanrd? I've noticed the last 6 games, the team has put in effort to give splitter touches, are they trying to develop the guy? We all know his fruit cake offense amount to nothing in the play-offs..So why him? why not the guy who has continuously proven his clutch and can make plays when it matters?

What is the old man thinking?

Back before back to back finals appearances when apa was taking his cheap shots on :pop: