PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Cuban

Riddler
03-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Will Dirk leave as a FA considering Cuban seems to be wasting the rest of his career with those shit signings of Ellis andnCalderon?

Robz4000
03-06-2014, 09:48 AM
He'll be a Spur next year tbh.

Suspect
03-06-2014, 09:51 AM
dirk is going to houston tbh

Sybok
03-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Dirk won't leave because he would have to meet expectations of another owner and team if he did. He's a made man in Dallas.

monosylab1k
03-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Dirk already said there's no chance of him leaving. He got his ring and he just wants to finish out the rest of his career in Dallas. Not questioning his work ethic, I think he's still giving his all on the court, but winning in 2011 was basically the last check mark on his career. He's got nothing else to play for other than to have fun and collect a big check. I'm sure he'd rather win than lose but at this point he just doesn't give a shit.

And honestly, I don't blame him. It was such a struggle and a fight to get his ring, and he did it in such spectacular fashion, that I kinda applaud him kicking up his feet and holding one finger in the air, while giving zero fucks for the rest of his career.

monosylab1k
03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Cuban, on the other hand, is such an arrogant, stubborn prick. He thought he was smarter than everyone else, he thought he knew the CBA better than anyone else, and he thought he could work the system better than anyone else. He was dead wrong in every possible way, he's failed miserably in understanding/predicting how the market would react to the new CBA, and now he's too stubborn to admit he was wrong and go in a different direction.

He's the Jerry Jones of the NBA, lucky to have inherited a superstar, and once Dirk leaves I fully expect the Mavs to suck and/or live in mediocrity for 10+ years like the Cowboys have.

Budkin
03-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Dirk already said there's no chance of him leaving. He got his ring and he just wants to finish out the rest of his career in Dallas. Not questioning his work ethic, I think he's still giving his all on the court, but winning in 2011 was basically the last check mark on his career. He's got nothing else to play for other than to have fun and collect a big check. I'm sure he'd rather win than lose but at this point he just doesn't give a shit.

And honestly, I don't blame him. It was such a struggle and a fight to get his ring, and he did it in such spectacular fashion, that I kinda applaud him kicking up his feet and holding one finger in the air, while giving zero fucks for the rest of his career.

Agreed. Couldn't have scripted Dirk's journey to the ring much better, especially getting revenge on the Heat and winning it on their floor. Dirk's all class. Glad he was able to get there.

Thread
03-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Though Dirk is a little pussyish for letting Cuban go immediately to seed after the ring. And their fandom must share guilt here. Killa, eloquently spoke to it the other morning and in a nutshell he basically said aside from Roguey & Mono (cept when he's under mic) the remainder are chickenshits for not sticking around after they'd rung & for adamantly refusing to ring again.

Bill_Brasky
03-06-2014, 12:31 PM

I'd watch the shit out of Dirk's 30 for 30.

monosylab1k
03-06-2014, 12:35 PM
I'd watch the shit out of Dirk's 30 for 30.

Not 30 for 30 quality but still an entertaining documentary-ish piece on Dirk. More for Mavs fans as its a homerish look at him, but it's got some interesting insight on his early years.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/mavericks/2013/09/03/dirkmp4-2584353/

Bill_Brasky
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Not 30 for 30 quality but still an entertaining documentary-ish piece on Dirk. More for Mavs fans as its a homerish look at him, but it's got some interesting insight on his early years.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/mavericks/2013/09/03/dirkmp4-2584353/
Nice, thanks for the link. Gonna watch it tonight. Dude has caused a lot of Spurfan butthurt, including myself.

Always respected him, but I became a fan when he accepted the WCF trophy without a smile and walked off the court without celebrating. One of the most badass things I've seen a player do.

Rogue
03-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Calderon and Ellis ain't shitty signings imho, it is dalembert who is an absolute waste of money but we only squandered 3m/yr on him which ain't too bad for us imho. Calderon shoots 3pt well above 40% this season and he's among the PGs with the least turnovers, and Ellis is a reliable 2nd scoring choice. Even their defensive game has improved a lot since they came to Dallas imho, better than most people expected.

jimbo
03-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Cuban, on the other hand, is such an arrogant, stubborn prick. He thought he was smarter than everyone else, he thought he knew the CBA better than anyone else, and he thought he could work the system better than anyone else. He was dead wrong in every possible way, he's failed miserably in understanding/predicting how the market would react to the new CBA, and now he's too stubborn to admit he was wrong and go in a different direction.

He's the Jerry Jones of the NBA, lucky to have inherited a superstar, and once Dirk leaves I fully expect the Mavs to suck and/or live in mediocrity for 10+ years like the Cowboys have.

He got lucky as fuck with how he got his fortune (guessing when the bubble would end basically), it's not surprising he thinks like that. When you think you've outsmarted the market in one of the best ways imaginable, you'd probably think you're the smartest guy alive.

Leon Black
03-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Nah he should stay imho……… finish out the rest of his career in the lottery. The Mavs are irrelevant now and will be for the foreseeable future, really don't see what Cuban's plan is