My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Will Dirk leave as a FA considering Cuban seems to be wasting the rest of his career with those signings of Ellis andnCalderon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be a Spur next year tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    dirk is going to houston tbh

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Dirk won't leave because he would have to meet expectations of another owner and team if he did. He's a made man in Dallas.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk already said there's no chance of him leaving. He got his ring and he just wants to finish out the rest of his career in Dallas. Not questioning his work ethic, I think he's still giving his all on the court, but winning in 2011 was basically the last check mark on his career. He's got nothing else to play for other than to have fun and collect a big check. I'm sure he'd rather win than lose but at this point he just doesn't give a .

And honestly, I don't blame him. It was such a struggle and a fight to get his ring, and he did it in such spectacular fashion, that I kinda applaud him kicking up his feet and holding one finger in the air, while giving zero s for the rest of his career.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cuban, on the other hand, is such an arrogant, stubborn prick. He thought he was smarter than everyone else, he thought he knew the CBA better than anyone else, and he thought he could work the system better than anyone else. He was dead wrong in every possible way, he's failed miserably in understanding/predicting how the market would react to the new CBA, and now he's too stubborn to admit he was wrong and go in a different direction.

He's the Jerry Jones of the NBA, lucky to have inherited a superstar, and once Dirk leaves I fully expect the Mavs to suck and/or live in mediocrity for 10+ years like the Cowboys have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk already said there's no chance of him leaving. He got his ring and he just wants to finish out the rest of his career in Dallas. Not questioning his work ethic, I think he's still giving his all on the court, but winning in 2011 was basically the last check mark on his career. He's got nothing else to play for other than to have fun and collect a big check. I'm sure he'd rather win than lose but at this point he just doesn't give a .

And honestly, I don't blame him. It was such a struggle and a fight to get his ring, and he did it in such spectacular fashion, that I kinda applaud him kicking up his feet and holding one finger in the air, while giving zero s for the rest of his career.
    Agreed. Couldn't have scripted Dirk's journey to the ring much better, especially getting revenge on the Heat and winning it on their floor. Dirk's all class. Glad he was able to get there.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Though Dirk is a little pussyish for letting Cuban go immediately to seed after the ring. And their fandom must share guilt here. Killa, eloquently spoke to it the other morning and in a nuts he basically said aside from Roguey & Mono (cept when he's under mic) the remainder are chicken s for not sticking around after they'd rung & for adamantly refusing to ring again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd watch the out of Dirk's 30 for 30.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd watch the out of Dirk's 30 for 30.
    Not 30 for 30 quality but still an entertaining do entary-ish piece on Dirk. More for Mavs fans as its a homerish look at him, but it's got some interesting insight on his early years.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/maver...rkmp4-2584353/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not 30 for 30 quality but still an entertaining do entary-ish piece on Dirk. More for Mavs fans as its a homerish look at him, but it's got some interesting insight on his early years.

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/maver...rkmp4-2584353/
    Nice, thanks for the link. Gonna watch it tonight. Dude has caused a lot of Spurfan butthurt, including myself.

Always respected him, but I became a fan when he accepted the WCF trophy without a smile and walked off the court without celebrating. One of the most badass things I've seen a player do.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Calderon and Ellis ain't ty signings imho, it is dalembert who is an absolute waste of money but we only squandered 3m/yr on him which ain't too bad for us imho. Calderon shoots 3pt well above 40% this season and he's among the PGs with the least turnovers, and Ellis is a reliable 2nd scoring choice. Even their defensive game has improved a lot since they came to Dallas imho, better than most people expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban, on the other hand, is such an arrogant, stubborn prick. He thought he was smarter than everyone else, he thought he knew the CBA better than anyone else, and he thought he could work the system better than anyone else. He was dead wrong in every possible way, he's failed miserably in understanding/predicting how the market would react to the new CBA, and now he's too stubborn to admit he was wrong and go in a different direction.

He's the Jerry Jones of the NBA, lucky to have inherited a superstar, and once Dirk leaves I fully expect the Mavs to suck and/or live in mediocrity for 10+ years like the Cowboys have.
    He got lucky as with how he got his fortune (guessing when the bubble would end basically), it's not surprising he thinks like that. When you think you've outsmarted the market in one of the best ways imaginable, you'd probably think you're the smartest guy alive.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah he should stay imho……… finish out the rest of his career in the lottery. The Mavs are irrelevant now and will be for the foreseeable future, really don't see what Cuban's plan is

Thread Information