PDA

View Full Version : Foundational Falshoods of Creationism

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

phyzik
07-24-2014, 01:59 AM
All based on peer reviewed scientific data, no bullshit propaganda, just the cold hard facts. Believers can suck it.

KnJX68ELbAY
ZFrkjEgUDZA
fnj7PlqmJ5o
80nhqGfN6t8
HzmbnxtnMB4
t3k0dDFxkhM
g8Q2Db17v5U
TU-7d06HJSs
Qfoje7jVJpU
5MXTBGcyNuc
Dm277H3ot6Y
2TkY7HrJOhc
myfifz3C0mI
MYsnVMjG4lk
3XHbRGiQccM
_wv6kgjOEL0
eGmLDKQp_Qc

RD2191
07-24-2014, 02:29 AM
:lolFail of a a thread, faggot.

phyzik
07-24-2014, 02:32 AM
:lolFail of a a thread, faggot.

"I cant believe in provable facts, there fore, you're gay!"

Kind of like.... Science doesn't have the answer...... therefore, God....

How original. :lol

At LEAST watch the vidieo's that contain TRUE scientific, peer reviewed data. Don't dismiss it because you WANT to believe in fairy tails.

Posit some peer reviewable data to counter the FACTS of these videos. We might have a conversation.

*HINT* you cant provide peer reviewed data for "Faith".

Avante
07-24-2014, 02:40 AM
"I cant believe in provable facts, there fore, you're gay!"

Kind of like.... Science doesn't have the answer...... therefore, God....

How original. :lol

At LEAST watch the vidieo's that contain TRUE scientific, peer reviewed data. Don't dismiss it because you want to believe in fairy tails.

So there were these little sea thingy's that waddled out from the abyss and then after millions of years we have the elephant, the spider, the eagle, the human, the bear, the ant, the dinosaur, the gnat, the roach etc etc. Oh hell yes that's no fairy tale alright.

phyzik
07-24-2014, 02:49 AM
Just FYI to all you people.... There is a 100ft Diameter Tea Pot orbiting Saturn right now..... In aprox. 100 years it will come close enough to Earth that it may crash here and rain down upon us the greatest tea ever created. I cant provide any physical or electrical data that this tea pot exists... you just have to believe me.

phyzik
07-24-2014, 02:51 AM
So there were these little sea thingy's that waddled out from the abyss and then after millions of years we have the elephant, the spider, the eagle, the human, the bear, the ant, the dinosaur, the gnat, the roach etc etc. Oh hell yes that's no fairy tale alright.

You are the definition of "no concept of time".

Unless you really believe the Earth is 6000yrs old.... then you are just a fucking moron.

Actually, in either case, you still just displayed your complete misunderstanding of Evolution.... Congratulations on your stupidity.

I suggest you at LEAST research the science behind the theory you are trying to discredit.... I would suggest you at least research the term "Theory" in regards to science before you even begin, just so you dont sound like a fucking idiot like you just did.

Just FYI, the "Theory" of Evolution is arguably more solid and sound than the "Theory" of Gravity.

Avante
07-24-2014, 03:09 AM
You are the definition of "no concept of time".

Unless you really believe the Earth is 6000yrs old.... then you are just a fucking moron.

Actually, in either case, you still just displayed your complete misunderstanding of Evolution.... Congratulations on your stupidity.

I suggest you at LEAST research the science behind the theory you are trying to discredit.... I would suggest you at least research the term "Theory" in regards to science before you even begin, just so you dont sound like a fucking idiot like you just did.

Just FYI, the "Theory" of Evolution is arguably more solid and sound than the "Theory" of Gravity.

Don't fuck with me ya little bitch, ok fucker?

Pay attention asshole..

Yes ya dumb fuck, we all came from the sea, so save your bullshit. Now I want your dumb ass to just explain how we got the spider, go ahead ya fucking idiot, tell me in your words where we got the spider. How many different species of spiders do we have and they all came from the sea.....right?

phyzik
07-24-2014, 03:14 AM
Don't fuck with me ya little bitch, ok fucker?

Pay attention asshole..

Yes ya dumb fuck, we all came from the sea, so save your bullshit. Now I want your dumb ass to just explain how we got the spider, go ahead ya fucking idiot, tell me in your words where we got the spider.

Not even going to take the time to explain it to you.... Google is there for a reason.... Here, I will at least give you a start.....

All links to your questions are on this page starting with Chelicerata and going on to Trigonotarbida.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_spiders

Avante
07-24-2014, 03:16 AM
Not even going to take the time to explain it to you.... Google is there for a reason.... Here, I will at least give you a start.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_spiders

If I wanted to Google it I would have. I want you to explain it to me, what you can't? Of course ya can't.

Dude, watch your fucking mouth, ya got that?

phyzik
07-24-2014, 03:18 AM
If I wanted to Google it I would have. I want you to explain it to me, what you can't? Of course ya can't.

I dont understand.... what information do you want me to provide beyond observable truths?

What criteria would meet your needs? or are your needs just unattainable so you can feel good about your beliefs?

And why should I watch MY mouth when all I am presenting is observable fact vs unverifiable belief?

Beyond that, what exactly are you going to do if I dont "watch my mouth"?

Is your belief that fragile that you have to threaten people that question it?

Avante
07-24-2014, 03:23 AM
I dont understand.... what information do you want me to provide beyond observable truths?

What criteria would meet your needs? or are your needs just unattainable so you can feel good about your beliefs?

And why should I watch MY mouth when all I am presenting is observable fact vs unverifiable belief?

What is this shit?

Sharing many superficial characteristics with spiders, Trigonotarbida were terrestrial, respired through book lungs (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Book_lung), and walked on eight legs with two additional legs adapted to use around their mouth. Arguments still remain open as to whether they possessed the ability to create silk. This had been a popular thought for quite some time, until an unpublished fossil was described with distinct microtubercles (http://www.spurstalk.com/w/index.php?title=Microtubercles&action=edit&redlink=1) on its hind legs, akin to those used by spiders to direct and manipulate their silk.
Regardless, Trigonotarbida are not considered true spiders. They are generally accepted as an independent early offshoot within the Arachnida (http://www.spurstalk.com/wiki/Arachnida) clade, and not directly ancestral to modern spiders.

Looks to me like they still don't have it all figured out and that was right out of the shoot. And that's just spiders.

Ok man, I have read all this shit before, and it's real weak. Just look at that above.....had been a popular belief- until......

Sorry man but no way in hell elephants came from little sea creatures.

phyzik
07-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Looks to me like they still don't have it all figured out and that was right out of the shoot. And that's just spiders.

Ahhh... The God of the Gaps argument... We dont know, Therefore, God.

gotcha.

The thing is, if you read the history of arachnids, we know the genealogy already. but I guess you skipped that part.

phyzik
07-24-2014, 03:35 AM
Question: What does the bible say about Kangaroos and other marsupials indigenous to Australia?

Your God is all knowing, right? How did they get on the Ark and not have one mention among their species?

Avante
07-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Ahhh... The God of the Gaps argument... We dont know, Therefore, God.

gotcha.

The thing is, if you read the history of arachnids, we know the genealogy already. but I guess you skipped that part.

You have any idea at all how much of this is out there?

The idea of "embryonic recapitulation", that the fetus goes through a fish stage, etc, is a load of bollocks. It was based on Ernst Haeckle's series of woodcuts of different embryos showing similarity, but this was challenged by his own contemporaries and has been shown to be fraudulent. Nevertheless this is a meme that refuses to die.
http://creation.com/ernst-haeckel-evange... (http://creation.com/ernst-haeckel-evangelist-for-evolution-and-apostle-of-deceit)

There is very little evidence that we evolved from apes, let alone fish. The genetic differences between us and our supposed closest relative, the chimp, are too great to have occurred in the allocated 6 million years since our last common ancestor.

TONS AND TONS....of people are laughing in your face. Why look so fucking stupid?

phyzik
07-24-2014, 03:45 AM
You have any idea at all how much of this is out there?

The idea of "embryonic recapitulation", that the fetus goes through a fish stage, etc, is a load of bollocks. It was based on Ernst Haeckle's series of woodcuts of different embryos showing similarity, but this was challenged by his own contemporaries and has been shown to be fraudulent. Nevertheless this is a meme that refuses to die.
http://creation.com/ernst-haeckel-evange... (http://creation.com/ernst-haeckel-evangelist-for-evolution-and-apostle-of-deceit)

There is very little evidence that we evolved from apes, let alone fish. The genetic differences between us and our supposed closest relative, the chimp, are too great to have occurred in the allocated 6 million years since our last common ancestor.

TONS AND TONS....of people are laughing in your face. Why look so fucking stupid?

Ummm... Do you realize that you are using the very same scientific principle of science that disproved Ernst Haeckle as your argument to disprove science itself?

do you understand what peer review is?

Your TONS and TONS of people laughing at this situation is what makes it sad, because they (and apparently you) are being fed misinformation.

There is OVERWHELMING evidence that we are part of the Ape family. All you have to do is look.

Avante
07-24-2014, 03:46 AM
Question: What does the bible say about Kangaroos and other marsupials indigenous to Australia?

Your God is all knowing, right? How did they get on the Ark and not have one mention among their species?

Only an idiot buys all that bullshit, that's all man man crap. I'm just not dumb enough like you to think this just all happens without some mastrer design. What if we were 1000 miles closer to the sun or 1000 miles further away? What if we rotated faster or slower? Way way too many things have to work in perfect concert to pull this off. Are you really stupid enough o think....yep it just happened.....come on man pull your head out of your ass, ok?

Science? Back in the 40's science came up with just how fast a human could run. They did all their research, did all their studies and came up with.....an Olympic sprinter in peek condition could run a 100m in 9.90 seconds, and that was it.

The world record is 9.58.

phyzik
07-24-2014, 03:51 AM
Only an idiot buys all that bullshit, that's all man man crap. I'm just not dumb enought like you to think this just all happens without some mastrer design. What if we were 1000 miles closerto the sun or 1000 miles further away? What if we rotated faster or slower? Way way too many things have to work ihn perfect concert to pull this off. Are you really stupid enoughr o think....yep it just happened.....come on man pull youir head out of your ass,ok?

And that is what makes life so special.... That we are in this unique situation compared to the billions of stars in the billions of galaxies in our observable universe.... Why must a "God" be responsible for it? Why not just chance? If it is just "chance" all the more special to me. If "God" showed himself with a bilboard in the sky tomorrow announcing himself unequivocally, you know what I would do?

"Holly shit, I was wrong!"

But until then, he is just as real as a fucking fairy or unicorn and undeserving of my concern.

Even then, I would grill his ass about the suffering of children in South Africa and other countries, I would probably be even more pissed if he showed his face to be honest.

Avante
07-24-2014, 03:56 AM
And that is what makes life so special.... That we are in this unique situation compared to the billions of stars in the billions of galaxies in our observable universe.... Why must a "God" be responsible for it? Why not just chance? If it is just "chance" all the more special to me.

Why this need to rebel against that God? When it's real REAL obvious most people disagree with you? You have any idea the impact God/religion has made on this old world? What a simple little shit like you knows better...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

phyzik
07-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Why this need to rebel against that God? When it's real REAL obvious most people disagree with you? You have any idea the impact God/religion has made on this old world? What a simple little shit like you knows better...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

You realize you have the burden of proof right? Why should I believe in something without proof? Because you say so?

I really, REALLY, want you to think about it like this........

There is a steel teapot orbiting Jupiter.... I have no pictures, no data, nothing.... you just have to BELIEVE what I tell you, and if you question it, you are a fucking idiot because everyone else I know believes it. You just have to have FAITH what I tell you is true. I need money to bring that Tea Pot back but I dont know when that will be.... some few thousand years from now.... But if you give me money, I guarantee you might have eternal life when it comes back!! but only 200,000 of you, so pay more so you get a spot on the tea Train!!!

What you are proposing is called "Pascals Wager".... Look it up.

Avante
07-24-2014, 04:06 AM
And that is what makes life so special.... That we are in this unique situation compared to the billions of stars in the billions of galaxies in our observable universe.... Why must a "God" be responsible for it? Why not just chance? If it is just "chance" all the more special to me. If "God" showed himself with a bilboard in the sky tomorrow announcing himself unequivocally, you know what I would do?

"Holly shit, I was wrong!"

But until then, he is just as real as a fucking fairy or unicorn and undeserving of my concern.

Even then, I would grill his ass about the suffering of children in South Africa and other countries, I would probably be even more pissed if he showed his face to be honest.

I seriously doubt you'd make a zit on His ass slick, ok? Trust me you'd keep your mouth shut and do as you were told.

Well you can go off into pollywogs becoming eagles and gorillas, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phyzik
07-24-2014, 04:07 AM
I seriously doubt you'd make a zit on His ass slick, ok? Trust me you'd keep your mouth shut and do as you were told.

Well you can go off into pollywogs becoming eagles and gorillas, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would I keep my mouth shut and do as I was told by something I dont even believe in?

If I was so evil and decrepit, according to your god, who condones stoning women and slavery, I should already be dead. Yet rapist live like kings in Africa and Los Angeles. Some God you got there buddy.

Avante
07-24-2014, 04:08 AM
You realize you have the burden of proof right? Why should I believe in something without proof? Because you say so?

I really, REALLY, want you to think about it like this........

There is a steel teapot orbiting Jupiter.... I have no pictures, no data, nothing.... you just have to BELIEVE what I tell you, and if you question it, you are a fucking idiot because everyone else I know believes it. You just have to have FAITH what I tell you is true. I need money to bring that Tea Pot back but I dont know when that will be.... some few thousand years from now.... But if you give me money, I guarantee you might have eternal life when it comes back!! but only 200,000 of you, so pay more so you get a spot on the tea Train!!!

What you are proposing is called "Pascals Wager".... Look it up.

That was stupid!

I have no need to not believe, what do I gain by it, yep....nothing. Why fight it, I'd rather believe in something, I mean look at what not believing has done for you....yikes!

Avante
07-24-2014, 04:09 AM
why would I keep my mouth shut and do as I was told by something I dont even believe in?

Dude, He had come back.....remember? You really aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are ya amigo?

phyzik
07-24-2014, 04:13 AM
Dude, He had come back.....remember? You really aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are ya amigo?

So wait.... A god, sent himself, but yet as a son of himself, to die for our "sins" which he made us in his own image in the first place, just to save us from his wrath which he died for so he wouldn't kill us himself....

Just making sure I understand the logic behind this insane shit.

Avante
07-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Ok little fella I gotta go. Let me leave ya with this.

Nobody wants some little shit like you showing everyone what happens to those who don't believe. Look at yourself, all wacked out on trying to prove .........nothing. Those who believe will always believe those who don't act stupid like you are doing.

See ya!

phyzik
07-24-2014, 04:16 AM
Ok little fella I gotta go. Let me leave ya with this.

Nobody wants some little shit like you showing everyone what happens to those who don't believe. Look at yourself, all wacked out on trying to prove .........nothing. Those who believe will always believe those who don't act stupid like you are doing.

See ya!

....And the nonsensical exit of another theist who has no logical arguments when posited with logical thought.

If you are a "believer" I have no problem with you, I just ask that you "OBJECTIVELY" look at the data..... If you just READ the bible, that alone should ring a bell in your head that screams "INSANE"...

If you STILL chose to believe, get it the fuck out of my government and keep it in your homes.... This shit should be treated like smoking cigarettes already.

Avante
07-24-2014, 04:38 AM
....And the nonsensical exit of another theist who has no logical arguments when posited with logical thought.

If you are a "believer" I have no problem with you, I just ask that you "OBJECTIVELY" look at the data..... If you just READ the bible, that alone should ring a bell in your head that screams "INSANE"...

If you STILL chose to believe, get it the fuck out of my government and keep it in your homes.... This shit should be treated like smoking cigarettes already.

No ya dumb fuck it's called 2:30 in the morning, ok? You didn't "prove" anything and ya never will. You have your dumb ass opinion which only other dummies agree with it.

Now....good night little man.

cute_spursfan
07-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Takes big cojones to be a believer -- the very same cojones physik might not have :(

Blake
07-24-2014, 09:00 AM

Damn you're extra salty today.

Blake
07-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Takes big cojones to be a believer

not in America.

Sportcamper
07-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Romans-1
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness…Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them…For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse…Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened…Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools…

xmas1997
07-24-2014, 11:02 AM
not in America.

You would know about no balls. :lmao

It's already been established recently that you know nothing about religious matters and never studied it whatsoever, so you have no room to comment on it.

Besides, you never ADD to ANY discussions or debates on here, you only annoy like the petulant pest that you are.

Own up to the truth.

As for the topic at hand, I have little patience for those who believe the bible "LITERALLY", and especially the Old Testament which came from earlier writings and civilizations, the flood story in particular.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-24-2014, 11:05 AM
:lol "facts"

mouse
07-24-2014, 01:51 PM
We might have a conversation.

you are just a fucking moron.

fucking idiot .

And you still wonder why intelligent people don't debate with you?

RD2191
07-24-2014, 02:07 PM

Beyond that, what exactly are you going to do if I dont "watch my mouth"?

Is your belief that fragile that you have to threaten people that question it?
When did you observe evolution?

Blake
07-24-2014, 02:09 PM

When did you observe a human popping into existence due to magic?

xmas1997
07-24-2014, 02:24 PM
And you still wonder why intelligent people don't debate with you?

They same applies to the fellow below, but moreso. v v v.

When did you observe a human popping into existence due to magic?

There is more TRUTH in Rob's statement than all of your posts put together, you have no room to talk about magic!
:lmao

Blake
07-24-2014, 02:40 PM
There is more TRUTH in Rob's statement than all of your posts put together, you have no room to talk about magic!

I don't talk about magic except to make fun of people that believe in it

Damn you're stupid.

it's me
07-24-2014, 03:36 PM
not in America.

This..... every single idiot is a believer here.

it's me
07-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Good thread! ...... believers are the most arrogant creatures alive. They think all answers come from their book of magic (bible) :lmao ... BW...I just completed a "read the bible in 90 days challenge" with a hardcore christian coworker....man that shit is fucked up, I had almost forgot. Fucking bible god is such an asshole... egocentric son of a bitch killing and commanding to kill people all over the place. That mother fucker was sick... new testament god is kind of shitty too. Glad that crap is all human invention.

Clipper Nation
07-24-2014, 04:12 PM
phyzik taking a massive wet shit all over the Jeebotards :lol

RD2191
07-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Has anyone answered my question?

RD2191
07-24-2014, 04:18 PM
:lolFish

it's me
07-24-2014, 04:25 PM

What's your Q Ruperto?

Blake
07-24-2014, 05:03 PM

For one species of Monarch flycatchers (Monarcha castaneiventris), it was all about looks. These little insectivores live on Solomon Islands, east of Papua New Guinea. At some point, a small group of them developed a single amino acid mutation in the gene for a protein called melanin, which dictates the bird’s color pattern.*Some flycatchers are all black, while others have chestnut colored bellies. Even though the two groups are perfectly capable of producing viable offspring, they don’t mix in the wild. Researchers found that the birds already see the other group as a different species. The males, which are fiercely territorial, don’t react when a differently colored male enters their turf. Like the apple maggot flies, the flycatchers are no longer interbreeding, and have thus taken the first step towards becoming two different species.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2011/12/18/evolution-watching-speciation-occur-observations/

RD2191
07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
:lol

Blake
07-24-2014, 05:41 PM

You're just unintelligent, tbh.

RandomGuy
07-24-2014, 07:32 PM
not in America.

LbfFAYn8bgc

RandomGuy
07-24-2014, 07:34 PM

While I was fillin' yo mama's water dish.

(cred to Dave Chappelle)

Aztecfan03
07-24-2014, 07:48 PM
phyzik (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1521) taking a massive wet shit all over the Jeebotards :lol

Yeah cause posting three hours worth of youtube links is totallly doing that...:rolleyes

RandomGuy
07-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Yeah cause posting three hours worth of youtube links is totallly doing that...:rolleyes

Eyah. Nobody watches that shit.

Be happy to lay the logic smack down text-style if you want. :D

Big Empty
07-24-2014, 08:25 PM
theres evidence on ghost hunters and ghost adventures that there actually may be an afterlife of some sort. i dont think its possible to stage some of that stuff on there but its enough evidence for me lol

Avante
07-25-2014, 02:22 AM
Never seen so many dumb posts in one thread before, wow!

If you've delved into evolutuion you know of how weak it all is. Where are all the ...in the process....species? Where are all the gorillas before we got todays gorilla?

I doubt most believers buy the Bible word for word, I don't think anyone really thinks Moses parted the Red Sea. It's not about all that, it's about something above and beyond us.

Only a 100% dumb fuck would think humans evolved from apes and all this just....BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes there is a Master Designer, but I do doubt it's anything like "God" of the Bible, that's just us humans fucking things up....again. Something......is behind all this and it's real real obvious.

Blake
07-25-2014, 07:53 AM
Yes there is a Master Designer, but I do doubt it's anything like "God" of the Bible, that's just us humans fucking things up....again. Something......is behind all this and it's real real obvious.

Who designed the master designer

101A
07-25-2014, 10:28 AM
LbfFAYn8bgc

Damn. Looks to me like Atheists spend A LOT more time concerned about Christians than the other way around. It is EASY to be an atheist. Just look at this thread. The "believers" are ridiculed, called idiots - and are the subject of you fine strawman video there.

My wife is a professor of Biochemistry (She is specifically a protein-structure Biochemist), has been published in the (peer reviewed) journals Science and Nature (among many others) - most of the morons on here wouldn't understand the covers of those rags, much less the abstracts or articles published therein. She understands evolution, and that the universe is ~14 Billion years old, the earth about 5 billion, and that for the VAST amount of its history, human beings did not exist. The recognizes the similarities in all life forms, seeing the same biochemical processes in yeast bacteria that also exist, and allow our own lives to continue. There is a basic component to life that is replicated throughout the animal and plant kingdoms - the variations that exist at the most basic levels are minor, but cause extreme variation where the tire meets the road. Today she is finishing up the purification steps of a mutation of Rad51 protein so that she can stick it under the departments new million dollar microscope to see what it looks like.

She understands life, where it came from, and its variation more than, I suspect, anyone on this board, yet she believes in, and prays to God.

The people who start these threads, and then revel in ridiculing Christians who try to explain their beliefs are sad. Your arrogance that YOU hold answers to questions you don't understand (and I'm not talking spiritual, I mean scientific); that the ONLY thing you know for sure is that there IS NO GOD!!!!! And since you KNOW this absolute truth, it is SO obvious, EVERYONE who does believe must be a certifiable, gullible, moron.

Now there are certainly braches of Christianity that do themselves no favors in dispelling that label. Young Earthers, strict creationists, etc.... deny their own intelligence and logic. They question that which is quite observable and repeatable in the World around them based on a literal reading of a book that was never meant to be read literally. Seriously, talk to a Ra bi - the old testament is the work of the Jews after all....Jews do not read it literally; they pray on it, and interpret it. As Paul writes in 2nd Thessalonians "Question Everything" - by everything, he means everything - including church leaders. God gave you a brain for a reason - USE IT!!! I can imagine the face palm he does daily when some of you are searching those idiot websites that try to explain away actual, physical evidence that the Earth/Universe is the age it is. Make no mistake, by not using your gifts, your intelligence, your logical brain...you are disappointing God.

The Gospel of John begins with an explanation of Christ's origins "The Word was made Flesh". However, in the original Greek, the word translated as "Word"was "Logos". The more traditional translation of "Logos" is "Logic" or "Thought". I don't know why English translators of the bible used "Word" - but that a different translation there certainly makes a difference in interpretation, don't you think. And that's just one example...so at the very least, if you are going to take the Bible literally, at least learn the languages it was written in, so you can actually READ the bible! I'm not going to, so I'm going to keep an open, critical mind when I study the bible - understanding it has been written, translated and changed by MAN for several millenia now.

I have, through this come to my own conclusion that when God created us in his own image, he was NOT talking about his physical image. He created us in his mental image - what separates Humans from other animals, after all, is our brain's ability to reason, empathize and process. We can think about where we are, where we came from, and where we are going. God, after all, created us for companionship - he desperately wants us to be good to each other and to choose to be companions with him. Giving us the ability to NOT choose him, and to even determine that he doesn't exist at all, is a necessity.

TE
07-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Damn. Looks to me like Atheists spend A LOT more time concerned about Christians than the other way around. It is EASY to be an atheist. Just look at this thread. The "believers" are ridiculed, called idiots - and are the subject of you fine strawman video there.

My wife is a professor of Biochemistry (She is specifically a protein-structure Biochemist), has been published in the (peer reviewed) journals Science and Nature (among many others) - most of the morons on here wouldn't understand the covers of those rags, much less the abstracts or articles published therein. She understands evolution, and that the universe is ~14 Billion years old, the earth about 5 billion, and that for the VAST amount of its history, human beings did not exist. The recognizes the similarities in all life forms, seeing the same biochemical processes in yeast bacteria that also exist, and allow our own lives to continue. There is a basic component to life that is replicated throughout the animal and plant kingdoms - the variations that exist at the most basic levels are minor, but cause extreme variation where the tire meets the road. Today she is finishing up the purification steps of a mutation of Rad51 protein so that she can stick it under the departments new million dollar microscope to see what it looks like.

She understands life, where it came from, and its variation more than, I suspect, anyone on this board, yet she believes in, and prays to God.

The people who start these threads, and then revel in ridiculing Christians who try to explain their beliefs are sad. Your arrogance that YOU hold answers to questions you don't understand (and I'm not talking spiritual, I mean scientific); that the ONLY thing you know for sure is that there IS NO GOD!!!!! And since you KNOW this absolute truth, it is SO obvious, EVERYONE who does believe must be a certifiable, gullible, moron.

Now there are certainly braches of Christianity that do themselves no favors in dispelling that label. Young Earthers, strict creationists, etc.... deny their own intelligence and logic. They question that which is quite observable and repeatable in the World around them based on a literal reading of a book that was never meant to be read literally. Seriously, talk to a Ra bi - the old testament is the work of the Jews after all....Jews do not read it literally; they pray on it, and interpret it. As Paul writes in 2nd Thessalonians "Question Everything" - by everything, he means everything - including church leaders. God gave you a brain for a reason - USE IT!!! I can imagine the face palm he does daily when some of you are searching those idiot websites that try to explain away actual, physical evidence that the Earth/Universe is the age it is. Make no mistake, by not using your gifts, your intelligence, your logical brain...you are disappointing God.

The Gospel of John begins with an explanation of Christ's origins "The Word was made Flesh". However, in the original Greek, the word translated as "Word"was "Logos". The more traditional translation of "Logos" is "Logic" or "Thought". I don't know why English translators of the bible used "Word" - but that a different translation there certainly makes a difference in interpretation, don't you think. And that's just one example...so at the very least, if you are going to take the Bible literally, at least learn the languages it was written in, so you can actually READ the bible! I'm not going to, so I'm going to keep an open, critical mind when I study the bible - understanding it has been written, translated and changed by MAN for several millenia now.

I have, through this come to my own conclusion that when God created us in his own image, he was NOT talking about his physical image. He created us in his mental image - what separates Humans from other animals, after all, is our brain's ability to reason, empathize and process. We can think about where we are, where we came from, and where we are going. God, after all, created us for companionship - he desperately wants us to be good to each other and to choose to be companions with him. Giving us the ability to NOT choose him, and to even determine that he doesn't exist at all, is a necessity.

:tu

Good stuff. I am a part time researcher myself. I don't understand the ridicule between both sides. It is what it is and for people to spend a considerable amount of their day arguing against what somebody believes in is hilarious if you actually think about it. For all this time when society became more secular there have been atheists being born just to toy with somebody else's beliefs. It's pretty intolerant if you ask me.

Blake
07-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Damn. Looks to me like Atheists spend A LOT more time concerned about Christians than the other way around.

Well yeah, because devout Christians that follow the rules of the Bible keep our society from moving forward.

Giving us the ability to NOT choose him, and to even determine that he doesn't exist at all, is a necessity.

It's not a necessity at all unless you're going to put limits on God's power.

RD2191
07-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Well yeah, because devout Christians that follow the rules of the Bible keep our society from moving forward.

It's not a necessity at all unless you're going to put limits on God's power.
:lmao:lmao

RD2191
07-25-2014, 10:45 AM

TE
07-25-2014, 10:56 AM
:lmao:lmao
I've never seen somebody try so consistently hard over the years to convince somebody else to change their beliefs. Especially on a fucking message board. :lol

Blake
07-25-2014, 11:02 AM
I've never seen somebody try so consistently hard over the years to convince somebody else to change their beliefs. Especially on a fucking message board. :lol

lol Christians =/= convincing someone to change their beliefs.

If you want to believe in a magic sky daddy, go for it. I'll probably laugh at you, but if you're really that happy, who cares?

Just keep your crazy beliefs away from politics and education.

TE
07-25-2014, 11:11 AM
lol Christians =/= convincing someone to change their beliefs.
rofl and to think atheists once accused Christians of doing that, pot calling the kettle black tbh

Blake
07-25-2014, 11:14 AM
rofl and to think atheists once accused Christians of doing that, pot calling the kettle black tbh

doing what?

Spurminator
07-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Guys, guys, guys, we can stop arguing now... This guy just proved creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBASNmg4AY

</thread>
</discussion>
</science>

Aztecfan03
07-25-2014, 02:23 PM

</thread>
</discussion>
</science>

Yep this guy is stupid.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2014, 02:31 PM

Like I always said;

it is like watching two blind guys bashing each other over the head arguing about the color green -which neither has ever seen or experienced before.

In these matters we are all blind.

Big Empty
07-25-2014, 02:31 PM

</thread>
</discussion>
</science>
He has a good point :)

spurraider21
07-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Dinosaurs

/6,000 year old Earth theory
/god created animals and humans 1 day apart theory

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Like I always said;

it is like watching two blind guys bashing each other over the head arguing about the color green -which neither has ever seen or experienced before.

In these matters we are all blind.

This is true, and the mature, respectful, and ADULT way to view it.
Only kids, retards, or fanatics view it differently because not even a troll could be that ignorant.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2014, 02:49 PM
This is true, and the mature, respectful, and ADULT way to view it.
Only kids, retards, or fanatics view it differently because not even a troll could be that ignorant.

Another thing -

everyone is asking the wrong questions;

Is there a god?
Is there a heaven?
Is the bible blah-blah...

No one is aware of the right question;

Who are you?

What is "I"

What is "me"

Who is this "I" that is somehow observing "me"

How do you know you understood creationism, evolution, life, love, god, etc....?

If you don't even know who or what "I" is - how the fuck do you even think you know anything?

Sleeping people are hilarious.

Instead of trying to wake up - they want to bash other sleeping people - for being in the same nightmare that they themselves are in.

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Another thing -

everyone is asking the wrong questions;

Is there a god?
Is there a heaven?
Is the bible blah-blah...

No one is aware of the right question;

Who are you?

What is "I"

What is "me"

Who is this "I" that is somehow observing "me"

How do you know you understood creationism, evolution, life, love, god, etc....?

If you don't even know who or what "I" is - how the fuck do you even think you know anything?

Sleeping people are hilarious.

Instead of trying to wake up - they want to bash other sleeping people - for being in the same nightmare that they themselves are in.

So true, never thought of that.
The only occasions this very thought came to me was when I was holding a dying person in my arms.
One moment there was animation in their body and life in their eyes, and the next moment, there was nothing.
It was if the spirit or animator, or entity that inhabited this shell we call our body just decided to give up residence in their body and leave, and never come back.
Makes you ponder existence, life and death, in a very profound way.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2014, 03:22 PM
So true, never thought of that.
The only occasions this very thought came to me was when I was holding a dying person in my arms.
One moment there was animation in their body and life in their eyes, and the next moment, there was nothing.
It was if the spirit or animator, or entity that inhabited this shell we call our body just decided to give up residence in their body and leave, and never come back.
Makes you ponder existence, life and death, in a very profound way.

Her body expired...that would be the "me"

Where did "I" go to?

"I" observes me...animals aren't able to do this...

Have you heard people say, or you yourself say, " I am a lawyer...I am a banker...I am ______ or I am ______.... I am depressed....I am happy....?

So who is doing the observing?

Who is describing yourself?

Psychologists think we begin first with an awareness of THINGS -

then we eventually become aware of our THOUGHTS -

followed by the - THINKER -

Who is the thinker? What is the thinker - doing the thinking? Can the thinker know himself?

Mystics reply with - "can the eye see itself?" "can the tooth bite itself?" "can the "I" know itself?"

When you can begin to understand these things and understand who is the observer - because this is the foundation of EVERYTHING -

then you can grapple with the "god" questions...the "creation" questions...the "love" "life"

questions -

until then you are in darkness - yelling at the clouds.

Big Empty
07-25-2014, 03:24 PM

Where did "I" go to?

Have you heard people say, or you yourself say, " I am a lawyer...I am a banker...I am ______ or I am ______.... I am depressed....I am happy....?

Who is the thinker? What is the thinker - doing the thinking? Can the thinker know himself?

Mystics reply with - "can the eye see itself?" "can the tooth bite itself?" "can the "I" know itself?"

When you can begin to understand these things and understand who is the observer - because this is the foundation of EVERYTHING -

then you can grapple with the "god" questions...the "creation" questions...the "love" "life"

questions -

Damn this is some deep sh*t SM :)

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 03:30 PM

Where did "I" go to?

questions -

This is true.
And this is also the foundation that "I" exist under that I can never explain to others as to the why I now believe in God, whereas before, I did not.
These are very very "subjective" and "personal" "inner" revelations, that could never in a thousand years be explained to someone who has never had similar, although quite different, types of experiences.
This is another reason I keep saying to those who doubt or disbelieve, to "look within", and not without, or around you.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2014, 03:36 PM
This is true.
And this is also the foundation that "I" exist under that I can never explain to others as to the why I now believe in God, whereas before, I did not.
These are very very "subjective" and "personal" "inner" revelations, that could never in a thousand years be explained to someone who has never had similar, although quite different, types of experiences.
This is another reason I keep saying to those who doubt or disbelieve, to "look within", and not without, or around you.

Well, you posted elsewhere that things were revealed to you - after being absolutely sure there wasn't a god - but somehow you stayed open - allowing for these truths to be revealed -

only those that "already know there isn't a god" - therefore closing the door to truth -

that somehow miss these truths -

pretty much describes a lot of people here.

silverblk mystix
07-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Damn this is some deep sh*t SM :)

Reality is a wonderful "high"

Aztecfan03
07-25-2014, 03:48 PM
He has a good point :)

If he did I stopped before i got to it because he doesn't know anything about science. (This coming from a Christian)

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Many philosophers say this is precisely the reason for all of "this" the "materiality" of this world and our existence,

That we day in and day out deal and work with

is merely no more than an illusion.

Science has shown that everything we deal with, work with, see, hear, touch, taste, experience,

and even perceive of ,

can be reduced down to "energy", in it's most basic forms.

And science is showing us that the only thing that is truly "immortal",

and "eternal",

and "infinite"

and "encompasses everything"

is "energy",

which never ends, never dies, and never ceases to be.

That, in a sense, to me, is GOD, the ultimate all knowing sentient entity of all energy.

it's me
07-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Many philosophers say this is precisely the reason for all of "this" the "materiality" of this world and our existence,

That we day in and day out deal and work with

is merely no more than an illusion.

Science has shown that everything we deal with, work with, see, hear, touch, taste, experience,

and even perceive of ,

can be reduced down to "energy", in it's most basic forms.

And science is showing us that the only thing that is truly "immortal",

and "eternal",

and "infinite"

and "encompasses everything"

is "energy",

which never ends, never dies, and never ceases to be.

That, in a sense, to me, is GOD, the ultimate all knowing sentient entity of all energy.

Am I understanding correctly? you basically believe in Spinoza's god and not the christian god... because to me those are two completely different things. Many atheist (mostly agnostics) recognize Spinoza's god (Even Einstein) but that "pantheistic" idea of god has absolutely nothing to do with the supposedly personal christian god.

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Am I understanding correctly? you basically believe in Spinoza's god and not the christian god... because to me those are two completely different things. Many atheist (mostly agnostics) recognize Spinoza's god (Even Einstein) but that "pantheistic" idea of god has absolutely nothing to do with the supposedly personal christian god.

You may be on to something here.
But what I think is that the Christian God is what the early Christians, and even up to the modern day Christians, are much too theosophically naive and uneducated to understand, all God in general.
It is the essence of my Christianity, but I always said I was unorthodox in that way, being more spiritual than religious.

I believe there is but One God, pantheistic, Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Buddistic, Bhraman, Wiccan, etc., an all encompassing God.

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 04:39 PM
I am really curious to see what Random thinks about this, and some others.

it's me
07-25-2014, 05:20 PM
You may be on to something here.
But what I think is that the Christian God is what the early Christians, and even up to the modern day Christians, are much too theosophically naive and uneducated to understand, all God in general.
It is the essence of my Christianity, but I always said I was unorthodox in that way, being more spiritual than religious.

I believe there is but One God, pantheistic, Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Buddistic, Bhraman, Wiccan, etc., an all encompassing God.

Ok..... not sure if serious though....so you would consider getting into a synagogue and worship with the Jews? Or go take a bath in the Ganges river to purify your soul? or do you believe in jesus and accept he is the son of god that died for your sins? You can bullshit some, even can bullshit yourself, but there are SIGNIFICANT differences between being a christian and believing god is sort of a cosmic energy that contains everything.

xmas1997
07-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Ok..... not sure if serious though....so you would consider getting into a synagogue and worship with the Jews? Or go take a bath in the Ganges river to purify your soul? or do you believe in jesus and accept he is the son of god that died for your sins? You can bullshit some, even can bullshit yourself, but there are SIGNIFICANT differences between being a christian and believing god is sort of a cosmic energy that contains everything.

I do understand there are differences as told us laic people by the religious communities and faiths, but I think that was in order to control the masses and for other more selfish reasons.

I think when you get right down to the nitty gritty, they are all saying the same things yet differently, meaning they differ in trivialities rather than in substance.

I think this was done on purpose in order to divide us, confuse us, and push us from the other faiths.

Yes, I do believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, but He also said He was the Son of Man too.

That is significant, as is His statement that we would do these things and greater.

I also think he showed us the Way, and consequently tried to open our eyes to the Way, which is the fact that we are all, every one of us, sons and daughters of God, given free will to believe or disbelieve, as well as the ability to Create as Our Father Creates.

As for the bible, and other faiths' religious books, I think they were never meant to be interpreted LITERALLY, and are basically MISSING many teachings that should have been included but were purposely left out.

Having said all this, I am not on a pulpit preaching here, nor am I advocating that any of you should believe as I believe.

I am merely TELLING those of you who are interested, what I believe, and a tiny bit of why I believe that way, nothing more, and nothing less.

And my only advice to those of you who are seeking answers, is to not trust the words of others, even science, because there are always exceptions to everything, so look within yourselves for your answers, and you will find them.

mouse
07-26-2014, 09:12 AM
:tu
I am a part time researcher myself. I

What have you found?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MIT-on-Evolution/th_AD_MIT_Einstien.mp4 (http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MIT-on-Evolution/AD_MIT_Einstien.mp4)

Bill_Brasky
07-26-2014, 09:51 AM
dj khaled is a christian/creationist, so there's your proof that people who subscribe to that crap have mush for brains.

mouse
07-26-2014, 10:08 AM
dj khaled is a christian/creationist, so there's your proof that people who subscribe to that crap have mush for brains.

But isn't his soul going to win at the end?

phyzik
07-26-2014, 10:46 PM
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

-Frank Zappa

Most of these "thumpers" don't even realize what their holy book says. If they even read about half of it they would probably be disgusted with it.

This is WHY I posted these videos... It is readily available to them... all they have to do is watch and be presented with SCIENTIFIC FACTS.... and not some allegory belief bullshit that fits in with their crap to make them feel better.

Truth hurts... that doesn't mean you can pray it away.

xmas1997
07-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Fanatics of atheism, or fanatics of theism, I don't know which is worse.

We all HAVE to believe or disbelieve the same way they do, or we are idiots.
Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2014, 10:55 PM
All based on peer reviewed scientific data, no bullshit propaganda, just the cold hard facts. Believers can suck it.

<snip>

I pity you for wasting your time watching that many hours of video.

Don't you have a life?

phyzik
07-26-2014, 11:29 PM
I pity you for wasting your time watching that many hours of video.

Don't you have a life?

Why is the search for truth a waste of life?

So I should just believe what some old book tells me and move on?

I pity you, that you just accept something from the past and don't question it.

By definition, because I question things, I have a life.... you just accept things because of faith.... You don't have a life.

Again...

-Frank Zappa

phyzik
07-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Fanatics of atheism, or fanatics of theism, I don't know which is worse.

We all HAVE to believe or disbelieve the same way they do, or we are idiots.
Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

It is really not Fanaticism of Atheism.... It is more about the oppression of Theism on another belief. Theist like to think that Atheism is somehow going to war against them... But the reality is that they have been forcing their beliefs on everyone throughout the world.... And now that they are being called out on it they are acting like bitches saying "ohhh, you are prosecuting against us!!"

Fuck them!

The Reckoning
07-26-2014, 11:42 PM
if both sides of the argument put half the thought that they do into their arguments into something productive, the world would be a better place

phyzik
07-26-2014, 11:46 PM
if both sides of the argument put half the thought that they do into their arguments into something productive, the world would be a better place

The problem is one side is completely wrong in regards to scientific provable data. They base their "beliefs" on faith despite the evidence to the contrary.

How do you reconcile with someone that believes in unicorns and the tooth fairy as fact?

Idiotic beliefs should be ridiculed no matter how much they believe in them.

RD2191
07-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Who the fuck is thumping you fucking tard? You atheist are the ones that keep posting retarded articles and starting shit threads. What a piece of shit you are.

RD2191
07-26-2014, 11:54 PM
The problem is one side is completely wrong in regards to scientific provable data. They base their "beliefs" on faith despite the evidence to the contrary.

How do you reconcile with someone that believes in unicorns and the tooth fairy as fact?

Idiotic beliefs should be ridiculed no matter how much they believe in them.
You believe you evolved from a fish. :lol

phyzik
07-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Who the fuck is thumping you fucking tard? You atheist are the ones that keep posting retarded articles and starting shit threads. What a piece of shit you are.

You can hate the truth all you want, it doesn't negate the truth.

phyzik
07-26-2014, 11:56 PM
You believe you evolved from a fish. :lol

You obviously dont understand Evolution.

Use www.google.com

At LEAST take a few minutes to understand what Evolution means before you start talking "fish = Human"

I will give you credit though, at least you didnt go with the "Rock = Life" bullshit.

RD2191
07-26-2014, 11:58 PM
Yes I do. You believe a fish walked onto land turned into a reptile then a rat and then a monkey and then ape and then man. LOL.

RD2191
07-26-2014, 11:59 PM
You have no truth, just speculation. Were you there when an ape turned into a man? Did you see it happen?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:01 AM
You have no truth, just speculation. Were you there when an ape turned into a man? Did you see it happen?

Ahh.. the old "we didn't observe it" Therefore God argument.

Do you REALLY want to go there? I can embarrass you.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Ahh.. the old "we didn't observe it" Therefore God argument.

Do you REALLY want to go there? I can embarrass you.
The only one your embarrassing is yourself. Answer the question, were you there when ape evolved to man?

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:05 AM
In b4 "evidence".

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:07 AM
The only one your embarrassing is yourself. Answer the question, were you there when ape evolved to man?

Apes never evolved into Man... There was no chicken vs egg scenario.... You obviously don't understand evolution.

There was no Ape that suddenly gave birth to a "man,"

We are ALL apes.

I don't know how else to say it.

We had a common ancestor. The fossils prove it despite what your creationist "scientist" claim.

We HAVE the transitional fossils that prove it!!! It is irrefutable at this point!

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Apes never evolved into Man... There was no chicken vs egg scenario.... You obviously don't understand evolution.

There was no Ape that suddenly gave birth to a "man,"

We are ALL apes.

Here us a WKI with pictures of all transitional fossils we have found so far..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils

I don't know how else to say it.

We had a common ancestor. The fossils prove it despite what your creationist "scientist" claim.

We HAVE the transitional fossils that prove it!!! It is irrefutable at this point!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_evolution_fossils

Ohh, but you want pretty much day by day fossils...... fuck off.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Fossils of apes? Okay.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Fossils of apes? Okay.

Did you know Theist couldn't differentiate between a human and an ape fossil when presented with pictures?

In fact, a leading "THEIST" Anthropologist said in one year it was definitely an ape, then 5 years later with the same skull said it was a human?

RD2191
Most of the fossils shown are not considered direct ancestors to Homo sapiens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens) but are closely related to direct ancestors and are therefore important to the study of the lineage.

RD2191
:lol:wakeup

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Most of the fossils shown are not considered direct ancestors to Homo sapiens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens) but are closely related to direct ancestors and are therefore important to the study of the lineage.

You are just proving my point... What point have you proven besides my own?

We are direct ancestors...

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:20 AM
And why do scientist like to combine ape and human like features? They don't know what those species really looked like.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:21 AM
And why do scientist like to combine ape and human like features? They don't know what those species really looked like.

Except that our DNA is pretty much exact... But forget all that...

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:22 AM
http://www.acu.edu.au/__data/assets/image/0008/479762/Skin-deep_body.jpg

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Missing link, lol. In a few thousand years scientist will claim that dude was half man half ape.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:24 AM
Of course they'll give him ape and human like features just to fit into the theory.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:26 AM
http://ecomburak.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/jimmy-walkabout-australian-aborigine1.jpg

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Here's a question.... What happened to the Kangaroo's for Noah's arch? How about no mention of them.... or any of the other species on Australia?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:28 AM
In fact, if "GOD" was so powerful, why no mention of Australia at all?

I mean, if he was soooo fucking uber to create the universe, you would think if he created this "Haven" he would know about Australia.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:31 AM
Never mind that.... if his "book" was sooo correct, there would not be different versions... If there was ONE perfect book, written or spoken by God, it would be unequivocally, unquestionably, the one true book.

No one would be able to question it.

Yet here we are, debating.... :rolleyes

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Different versions of the Bible?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:35 AM

Why would there be different versions?

Isn't it supposed to be the Word of God? Why would "God" have different versions?

Either he doesn't exist or he is a fucking asshole trying to create conflict between his believers for his own amusement...

Either way, I wouldnt follow such an asshole.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:39 AM
What different versions are there? Different translations, sure.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:42 AM

Just to make sure I cover my basses, I now thought that you had a narrow mind as far as Christianity. Before hand I was referring in broad spectrum of all religions.... but let us narrow it down a bit for your sake....

Why dismiss the old testament?

I thought the word of god was infallible? So why a re-write?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:44 AM
What different versions are there? Different translations, sure.

Old Testament

New testament

I thought, in the christian faith, the word of god was infallible. So why the re-write?

If the New testament is the "New" gods way of seeing things, than it is not the same god. Unless you use circular reasoning which most theist do.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:48 AM
What do you mean by dismiss? Why don't Christians follow Mosaic law?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:51 AM
What do you mean by dismiss? Why don't Christians follow Mosaic law?

Dont misdirect the question now.... You asked what different versions there are....

I said Old testament and New testament...

Which one is correct?

Only one can be the word of God according to the faith.

It cant be both.... so which is it?

Then we can go from there....

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:54 AM
What is different about them?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 12:56 AM
What is different about them?

Come now.... if you are so devout, you should know....

Does an atheist really have to explain the difference between the two?

I can if you want, if you are so inept in your own "faith".

RD2191
07-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Your questions don't make sense. You're implying that the new and old testament are different books, they are not. Both are harmonious. Are you asking why we don't follow the laws of Moses?

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm also not claiming to be religious or an expert on the Bible. I study the Bible and learn new things every day. I doubt you know everything about Evolution so you should't expect me to be some sort of theologian.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:02 AM
Your questions don't make sense. You're implying that the new and old testament are different books, they are not. Both are harmonious. Are you asking why we don't follow the laws of Moses?

They are not "harmonious". That is the point. One presents a set of laws that is supposed to be the absolute word of god.... then the "new" one supposes a different set of laws which is also supposed to be the word of god... which one is it? I thought God was infallible? Why would he need to create a new book through the son of himself in which he created to save us from the wrath of himself? Do you even realize how insane that sounds? Why create an avatar in the first place? why not just forgive us if he is a God? It is fucking mental!!!!

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:08 AM
What laws were changed? Give me some examples.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm reading up on Mosaic Law right now, I don't know the answer to your question right now, but I'm willing to look for it if you really are interested. You can also read the Bible and I mean really study it and I'm sure you can also find the answer.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:26 AM
What laws were changed? Give me some examples.

Old Testament: The Lord is the only God (is 42:8; Is 44:6)
New testament: Trinity of God. (God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Old Testament: Leviticus 24:19: "If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him: 20. fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.
New testament: Matt 5:38: "You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' 39. But I tell you, don't resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Do you really want me to go on? Give me a day and I can produce more contradictions than you can refute.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Trinity? The trinity does not exist.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:31 AM
And like I said, this is not a competition. I will find an answer to every one of your questions if you really are interested. Your smug attitude isn't helping, you act as if you're winning at something, which you are not. You can find the answers in the Bible if you really want to. In your case though, you're looking for contradictions, look for the truth.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:31 AM
Trinity? The trinity does not exist.

So you admit that you pick and choose then.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:33 AM
And like I said, this is not a competition. I will find an answer to every one of your questions if you really are interested. Your smug attitude isn't helping, you act as if you're winning at something, which you are not. You can find the answers in the Bible if you really want to. In your case though, you're looking for contradictions, look for the truth.

wrong.... I just choose to not believe in something where there is no proof.... Which any sane person should do. Hence the Flying Spaghetti monster. Provide me proof, and not some nonsensical "you cant prove he DOESN'T exist" nonsense.... You provide verifiable proof and I qill absolutely say "well, shit, I was wrong." Until then, you are arguing with me about faries and unicorns.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:35 AM
So you admit that you pick and choose then.
Pick and choose what? The trinity does not exist, there is no trinity. Where are you getting trinity from?

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:35 AM
wrong.... I just choose to not believe in something where there is no proof.... Which any sane person should do. Hence the Flying Spaghetti monster.
There is no proof of evolution, yet you believe in it. Forget evolution, where did life come from? Were you there when it happened?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:37 AM
There is no proof of evolution, yet you believe in it. Forget evolution, where did life come from? Were you there when it happened?

Ummm... There is MOUNTAINS of proof about evolution.... All it takes is for you to look it up. Evolution is not about the origin of life, it never has been about that. Evolution is about the progression of life.

you just completely outed yourself in your understanding of biological evolution.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:38 AM
And why do you believe scientist? Scientist contradict themselves on a daily basis.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Ummm... There is MOUNTAINS of proof about evolution.... All it takes is for you to look it up. Evolution is not about the origin of life, it never has been about that. Evolution is about the progression of life.

you just completely outed yourself in your understand of biological evolution.
How can you believe you came from an ape when you don't even know how life got to earth?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:41 AM
And why do you believe scientist? Scientist contradict themselves on a daily basis.

And that is the beauty of science... it questions itself.... Unlike a book written 2000 years ago. I have no problem being wrong but when the data overwhelmingly supports an idea, it is stupid to go back to a 2000 year old book and say "nope, this is right".

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:43 AM
How can you believe you came from an ape when you don't even know how life got to earth?

Ummm... The overwhelming evidence that clearly shows I do because I dont ignore it?

Again, all you have to do is watch the videos I posted... you dont have to agree with them, but just watch them... the evidence is OVERWHELMING.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:44 AM
And that is the beauty of science... it questions itself.... Unlike a book written 2000 years ago. I have no problem being wrong but when the data overwhelmingly supports an idea, it is stupid to go back to a 2000 year old book and say "nope, this is right".
Why is it stupid? I think it's stupid to think that we came from apes.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:44 AM

and 95% of scientist think you are wrong.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:45 AM
There is no evidence, and I once again ask, when did you observe evolution?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:46 AM

and 95% of scientist think you are wrong.

Watch the videos and come to your own conclusion.

Just watch them though.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:47 AM
There is no evidence, and I once again ask, when did you observe evolution?

Oh my fucking Flying Spaghetti monster!!

WE OBSERVE EVOLUTION EVERY FUCKING DAY!!!

Micro and Macro evolution are the same fucking thing!!!

The only difference is TIME!

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Why would I watch them? They provide nothing of insight.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Oh my fucking Flying Spaghetti monster!!

WE OBSERVE EVOLUTION EVERY FUCKING DAY!!!
You mean adaptations?

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:50 AM
I'm talking fish to land animal to ape, did you see it happen?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Why would I watch them? They provide nothing of insight.

And that is the plugging of the ears going "la la la la, I cant hear you" even though the proof is right there presented to you.

And people wonder why Atheist are "assholes" to theist.

It is like punching a brick wall.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:51 AM

We dont need to see it "happen" because it takes millions of years, but we DO have the fossil proof, you just refuse to accept it.

Scientists show one fossil and the difference between the "neighbor" and you want something in between that... They come up with something between that, but you want something even more between those.

Did you know that there is a fossil that pretty much 50% of theist couldnt agree if it was human or ape? Even a leading "Theist" scientist at one point claimed a skull to be "completely human" only 6 or 7 years later on the SAME FUCKING SKULL claimed it it be "completely ape"...

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:53 AM
What fossils?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:56 AM
What fossils?

Watch the videos.... it is in there. I dont have to prove myself, it has already been proven. Peer reviewed and everything.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:56 AM
No it hasn't.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 01:57 AM
No it hasn't.

yes it has. Already provided the proof for you here in this thread... up to you to find it. Not my problem if you refuse to find out the facts for yourself and choose to believe myths.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 01:59 AM
What proof though? Show me how you know a fish evolved into a rat that evolved into a monkey that evolved into a man.

phyzik
07-27-2014, 02:01 AM

― Frank Zappa

phyzik
07-27-2014, 02:02 AM
What proof though? Show me how you know a fish evolved into a rat that evolved into a monkey that evolved into a man.

Wow....

Please read up on evolution....

Not even going to explain how way off base you are with your understanding of it right now.

At least have a basic understanding of what you are arguing about before you make a fucking idiot of yourself.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:02 AM
So then where did the ape come from?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 02:04 AM
So then where did the ape come from?

Just FYI, we are also Apes...

Use google.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:07 AM
No we are not. And where did the ape come from? A lemur?

phyzik
07-27-2014, 02:12 AM
No we are not. And where did the ape come from? A lemur?

Yes, humans are apes, or at least a part of the ape family.

Until you fully understand what evolution entails there is no point arguing with you. It is like arguing engine work with someone who doesn't even know how to change their own oil.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:12 AM
And to answer your question about the old and new testament, The Law of Moses was given by God to his people, the Jews, they would remain his people as long as they followed his laws, which of course they did not. So seeing as the laws were pointless and the Jews were no longer Gods chosen people God sent Jesus to give us new laws and a chance for everyone to have everlasting life.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Yes, humans are apes, or at least a part of the ape family.

Until you fully understand what evolution entails there is no point arguing with you. It is like arguing engine work with someone who doesn't even know how to change their own oil.
I understand evolution, it states that we came from an ape that came from a lemur that came from a rat that came from a fish.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Was it fair for God to have a chosen people? What about the other people? I do not know the answer to that question but I am now searching for it.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:25 AM
I also believe many of those laws were given to help his people survive while in the wilderness.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:43 AM
You keep calling me an idiot yet you have yet to provide a definition of what you think evolution is.

RD2191
07-27-2014, 02:43 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/248/a/f/evolution_project_by_ntamura-d2y43cb.jpg

cantthinkofanything
07-27-2014, 04:06 AM
Jesus Christ...how about a NSFW warning...

xmas1997
07-27-2014, 09:02 AM
It is really not Fanaticism of Atheism.... It is more about the oppression of Theism on another belief. Theist like to think that Atheism is somehow going to war against them... But the reality is that they have been forcing their beliefs on everyone throughout the world.... And now that they are being called out on it they are acting like bitches saying "ohhh, you are prosecuting against us!!"

Fuck them!

"Them", is YOU, so in essence you are telling yourself to fuck yourself! That is pretty bizarre if you ask me! :lol
Just so you know, I am not trying to be "contrary" here, but shed a little insight on things.
Your statement about the theists "forcing their beliefs throughout the world", is only partially true, and to be honest, it is such a tiny fragment of the truth that it is preposterous and quite narrow minded to say the least.

First, this "forcing By the theists against the atheists" only occurred during a few short age spans, an example of which would be during the Dark Ages of the Inquisition.
There were other ages this was done in the Middle East (such as theist against theist, i.e. the Crusades), but you have to realize that "it WAS NOT the entire world".
Civilizations in Asia (China and India for example) were not being affected by this Inquisition, only "parts of Europe and the Middle East" were, and there were a hell of a lot more people living in Asia (again China and India for example) than Europe and the Middle East.

Second, the belief in One God (Judaism, Christianity, Islamism), and of many gods (Greek, Roman, Celtic, and Norse religions for example), are a hell of a lot "shorter spans" of time than the span of ages that held, and hold, an atheistic view.

Third, your contention that now the theists are "being called out on it", due to them "forcing their theistic beliefs on others", is also inherently false, because of the implication that due to these few short and rare ages (such as the Inquisition), they deserve to be called out.
You tend to conveniently forget about the age of persecutions that the theists suffered through because they dared to posit a view of One God.

Fourth, a very easy argument could be made that atheists are the ones "who should be called out" simply because they have always been the great MAJORITY OF THE WORLD' population, and other than those tiny few times where theists persecuted others for being atheistic or otherwise, "the persecutions of theists have been a hell of a lot longer".
Whereas the real truth is, one wrong does not deserve another, or two wrongs make it right.

So, the point is, the only reason either (an atheist or a theist) "FEELS a NEED to call out the other", is entirely and solely because they have a limited, basic, and ignorantly "FANATICAL" view, and an incomplete knowledge of what they believe or disbelieve, plus are inherently insecure in their views, to the point that they NEED to force those views on the other.
This is WHY they are FANATICS.

For most of us reasonable and rational atheists and theists, we have "no desire whatsoever to 'FORCE' our views on anyone whosoever", least of all on those who view it differently.
No, both reasonable and rational sides are quite content to believe or disbelieve whatever we want to, as long as it doesn't interfere with our daily lives, or hurt others.

Yet even now in this age there are those "on both sides of the issue" who still want to cram their viewpoints down our throats, instead of allowing us to live and believe the way we feel is right and comfortable.
These "enforcers" if you will, are the FANATICS, regardless of whether they are atheists or theists.

And they are both WRONG, and not because of what they believe or disbelieve, or how they live, but because they are acting intrusive and dictatorial in PUSHING their views on others.
These fanatical characters exist right here on ST, microcosm reflects macrocosm, here in this forum, as it is all over the world.

Big Empty
07-27-2014, 10:01 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/248/a/f/evolution_project_by_ntamura-d2y43cb.jpg
So in a million years what will we evolve into next? Evolution doesnt stop with our current normal human body features does it?

silverblk mystix
07-27-2014, 03:41 PM
"Them", is YOU, so in essence you are telling yourself to fuck yourself! That is pretty bizarre if you ask me! :lol
Just so you know, I am not trying to be "contrary" here, but shed a little insight on things.
Your statement about the theists "forcing their beliefs throughout the world", is only partially true, and to be honest, it is such a tiny fragment of the truth that it is preposterous and quite narrow minded to say the least.

First, this "forcing By the theists against the atheists" only occurred during a few short age spans, an example of which would be during the Dark Ages of the Inquisition.
There were other ages this was done in the Middle East (such as theist against theist, i.e. the Crusades), but you have to realize that "it WAS NOT the entire world".
Civilizations in Asia (China and India for example) were not being affected by this Inquisition, only "parts of Europe and the Middle East" were, and there were a hell of a lot more people living in Asia (again China and India for example) than Europe and the Middle East.

Second, the belief in One God (Judaism, Christianity, Islamism), and of many gods (Greek, Roman, Celtic, and Norse religions for example), are a hell of a lot "shorter spans" of time than the span of ages that held, and hold, an atheistic view.

Third, your contention that now the theists are "being called out on it", due to them "forcing their theistic beliefs on others", is also inherently false, because of the implication that due to these few short and rare ages (such as the Inquisition), they deserve to be called out.
You tend to conveniently forget about the age of persecutions that the theists suffered through because they dared to posit a view of One God.

Fourth, a very easy argument could be made that atheists are the ones "who should be called out" simply because they have always been the great MAJORITY OF THE WORLD' population, and other than those tiny few times where theists persecuted others for being atheistic or otherwise, "the persecutions of theists have been a hell of a lot longer".
Whereas the real truth is, one wrong does not deserve another, or two wrongs make it right.

So, the point is, the only reason either (an atheist or a theist) "FEELS a NEED to call out the other", is entirely and solely because they have a limited, basic, and ignorantly "FANATICAL" view, and an incomplete knowledge of what they believe or disbelieve, plus are inherently insecure in their views, to the point that they NEED to force those views on the other.
This is WHY they are FANATICS.

For most of us reasonable and rational atheists and theists, we have "no desire whatsoever to 'FORCE' our views on anyone whosoever", least of all on those who view it differently.
No, both reasonable and rational sides are quite content to believe or disbelieve whatever we want to, as long as it doesn't interfere with our daily lives, or hurt others.

Yet even now in this age there are those "on both sides of the issue" who still want to cram their viewpoints down our throats, instead of allowing us to live and believe the way we feel is right and comfortable.
These "enforcers" if you will, are the FANATICS, regardless of whether they are atheists or theists.

And they are both WRONG, and not because of what they believe or disbelieve, or how they live, but because they are acting intrusive and dictatorial in PUSHING their views on others.
These fanatical characters exist right here on ST, microcosm reflects macrocosm, here in this forum, as it is all over the world.

Well said.

xmas1997
07-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Well said.

Thanks, it would account for all the hypocrisy that goes on in here!

FANATICS, and their fanatical views.

RandomGuy
07-28-2014, 12:57 PM

The video was meant to be amusing, but I can very easily find Christians saying bad things about atheists, if you like.

I don't claim there is no God. That is a strawman of my position. I merely claim that I have not been presented with evidence supporting that rather extraordinary claim.

KayBys8gaJY

Reasonable people can believe unreasonable things. I don't generally belittle people who believe things, unless they want to cast the first stone. I tend to give about as much respect as I am given, or at least try to anyway.

If anyone wants to cite the Bible, edited or re-written or whathaveyou, as "proof" of something,one has have to also explain the icky stuff, like human sacrifice, murder, rape, and the sheer absurdity of the resurrection and the whole underpinning of Judaism/Christianity, etc.

M1G_NkEZReg

Lastly, I would simply ask why God has not revealed himself to me. If a road to damascus vision was good enough for Saul, it should be good enough for me. I want to see angels, and something a lot more convincing than some deeply flawed book. Surely the creator of the universe could do better than that. THinking that we need to learn ancient languages to really understand God makes about as much sense as requiring us to go to the basement bathroom of a building orbiting Alpha Centari to read the demolition notice for our planet. I can't imagine the creator of the universe is a Vogon.

RandomGuy
07-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Here's a question.... What happened to the Kangaroo's for Noah's arch? How about no mention of them.... or any of the other species on Australia?

The easiest explanation of that is that the primitive people that wrote the fairy tale didn't know about them.

That is why Jesus was performing magic tricks. It had to be something that people back then could conceive of as being godlike.

There is a reason the miracles in the bible or any other mythology don't include things like "oh yeah, by the way, diseases come from tiny life forms", or "the earth goes around the sun" or "the earth is spinning on its axis".

RandomGuy
07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
I also believe many of those laws were given to help his people survive while in the wilderness.

Feel free to find anywhere in the bible a passage saying that any of those commandments were null and void.

I'll wait.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Feel free to find anywhere in the bible a passage saying that any of those commandments were null and void.

I'll wait.
Wait for what? The Bible clearly states those laws were for the Jews, they became void when the Jews refused to accept Jesus as the Son of God.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:10 PM
And the questions to all of your answers are in the Bible. You clearly want to argue for the sake of it. You really aren't interested in learning the truth.

RandomGuy
07-28-2014, 01:12 PM

I can see that murder defense now...

The police when they show up to arrest someone...

"But officers, did you SEE me do it?"

Then they are hauled in front of a jury, and all the physical evidence is provided. "but ladies and gentlemen of the jury, did you SEE me do it? No? Therefore I didn't do it, and no murder ever took place! The police didn't see me do it either."

Not really a very compelling argument, and a rather dishonest attempt to set an impossible standard of evidence, in my opinion.

We can figure out what happened in the past by examining evidence of things that took place, and making reasonable, testable, reproducible hypotheses.

Even setting that aside, theories have predictive power, and evolution has predicted a lot of things that we have later discovered to be true.

spurraider21
did you see Christopher Columbus land in north america?

RD2191
Matthew 23:37,3837 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/23/#v40023037) “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it.38 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/23/#v40023038) Look! Your house is abandoned to you.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Zero evidence of an ape evolving into a man.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:18 PM

I'll wait.

Exodus 19:5,6
5 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/19/#v2019005) Now if you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special propertyout of all peoples, for the whole earth belongs to me.6 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/19/#v2019006) You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the Israelites.”

Are we Israelites?

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:23 PM
And the questions to all of your answers are in the Bible. You clearly want to argue for the sake of it. You really aren't interested in learning the truth.

The Bible's answer to a better society is slavery and death penalty for gays.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:24 PM
The Bible's answer to a better society is slavery and death penalty for gays.
Hmmm, can gays have children?

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Zero evidence of an ape evolving into a man.

not quite true.

But there truly is zero evidence for an adult human to suddenly pop into existence.

Lol magic

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Hmmm, can gays have children?

Yes. But that aside I guess you're ok with killing them.

lol damn

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes.

lol damn you're stupid.
Really? A man can have sex with another man and create a child?

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:28 PM
not quite true.

But there truly is zero evidence for an adult human to suddenly pop into existence.

Lol magic
So explain how life got here, I'll wait.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:28 PM
You keep calling me stupid but you're the one that didn't realize your wife was cheating on you for two years. Really? You must be quite the genius.

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Really? A man can have sex with another man and create a child?

A man can adopt.

But kill them regardless, young Christian.

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:30 PM
You keep calling me stupid but you're the one that didn't realize your wife was cheating on you for two years. Really? You must be quite the genius.

I'm clearly more intelligent than you.

You're a fucking idiot.

~O~
07-28-2014, 01:30 PM
This is a very strong topic...and an issue within every human. How...and what created us?

Not to find it offensive to us but.......we're are just a freak accident of the universe. We've yet to find anything living in this universe other than ourselves. There have been "Super Earths" found but yet to prove life exists on them. Thus far, we seem to be virus...and plague that feeds off the Earth's resources till it ends.

In my own opinion.....god is the universe.....and everything in it. We are the atoms....the quarks...the molecules..that make up this universe. We as human's always look to one answer or even various answers to all implications, adversities, and blessings of life.

I could say..time, chance, gravity, stars, etc are our gods. They aren't divine figures but factors that are important to our existence.

The only god I've been able to see is this Earth.....and what does it do for you? Its a gift that keeps never stops giving and everything about it....is unappreciated by all of us. As I look around my house now, everything....was extracted from this earth to allow me...to live a comfortable life. Everything from Earth originated was brought here by the force of gravity. Substances brought in from Gravity was created from stars. These these were created through chance...and took time to happen. What allows all this to happen? The Universe..and everything that exists in it. Can I get a amen? lol

But yes...this is just how I feel about this very controversial subject. I won't argue with anyone about this..because.....................I know what it leads to. From watching so many documentaries with various answers, I can't even say that my answer is the ultimate answer. At least its off of factors I know exist and are uncontrollable.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:32 PM
A man can adopt.

But kill them regardless, young Christian.
Why would I kill them? Won't they eventually die off if they can't have children? What's the point of a woman? That's right, God created them for one another.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm clearly more intelligent than you.

You're a fucking idiot.
Says the guy who didn't know his wife was cheating on him for 2 years. :lol

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:39 PM

It's unknown but I'm open to any number of scientific theories based on what we know of the universe.

What is fucking hilarious and makes you the retard that you are is that you want to limit yourself to believing that a magic being poofed human beings into existence with all the imperfect pain and suffering that go with it.

Lol low intelligence.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:41 PM
It's unknown but I'm open to any number of scientific theories based on what we know of the universe.

What is fucking hilarious and makes you the retard that you are is that you want to limit yourself to believing that a magic being poofed human beings into existence with all the imperfect pain and suffering that go with it.

Lol low intelligence.
You didn't know your wife was cheating on you, how is that possible? Are you really that stupid?

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Says the guy who didn't know his wife was cheating on him for 2 years. :lol

And I'm still smarter than you.

I'd also wager I'm better off than you in real life.

Lol retard.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:43 PM
And I'm still smarter than you.

I'd also wager I'm better off than you in real life.

Lol retard.
How well off can you be if you had to ask for marital advice on a sports forum? And I seriously doubt that. But like I said before, I don't define success by the amount of money a person makes.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:46 PM
This is a very strong topic...and an issue within every human. How...and what created us?

Not to find it offensive to us but.......we're are just a freak accident of the universe. We've yet to find anything living in this universe other than ourselves. There have been "Super Earths" found but yet to prove life exists on them. Thus far, we seem to be virus...and plague that feeds off the Earth's resources till it ends.

In my own opinion.....god is the universe.....and everything in it. We are the atoms....the quarks...the molecules..that make up this universe. We as human's always look to one answer or even various answers to all implications, adversities, and blessings of life.

I could say..time, chance, gravity, stars, etc are our gods. They aren't divine figures but factors that are important to our existence.

The only god I've been able to see is this Earth.....and what does it do for you? Its a gift that keeps never stops giving and everything about it....is unappreciated by all of us. As I look around my house now, everything....was extracted from this earth to allow me...to live a comfortable life. Everything from Earth originated was brought here by the force of gravity. Substances brought in from Gravity was created from stars. These these were created through chance...and took time to happen. What allows all this to happen? The Universe..and everything that exists in it. Can I get a amen? lol

But yes...this is just how I feel about this very controversial subject. I won't argue with anyone about this..because.....................I know what it leads to. From watching so many documentaries with various answers, I can't even say that my answer is the ultimate answer. At least its off of factors I know exist and are uncontrollable.
Well though out answer by an intelligent man.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 01:49 PM
if the bottom line answer you are looking for is "we don't know" then why do you pretend that you know? while the origin of the very first life-form on earth is still cloudy, that has nothing to do with the evolution of life on this planet, which is well documented in the fossil and genetic record. even if you want to believe that a deity first implemented life on earth, that doesn't rule out the well documented evolution of life... say "god" whether it be your judeo-christian god or some other vague "god" planted the seeds of life, the way life has branched and spread over time through natural selection isn't really affected or altered

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 01:50 PM

yeah bro i watched the matrix too :lol

as for the hippee "i think god IS the universe thing" i think the bottom line question is if you think god has consciousness, is self aware, etc

RD2191
Your wife cheated on you and you had no one to talk to. Yeah, you're a real winner, Blake.

RD2191
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5554430976/h665D250D/

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:51 PM
if the bottom line answer you are looking for is "we don't know" then why do you pretend that you know? while the origin of the very first life-form on earth is still cloudy, that has nothing to do with the evolution of life on this planet, which is well documented in the fossil and genetic record. even if you want to believe that a deity first implemented life on earth, that doesn't rule out the well documented evolution of life... say "god" whether it be your judeo-christian god or some other vague "god" planted the seeds of life, the way life has branched and spread over time through natural selection isn't really affected or altered
How can you explain life when you don't even know how it got here?

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 01:53 PM
easily. we can map out origins, changes, and developments in language without being able to identify the origin of language.

whether the very first single celled organisms developed organically on earth, were delivered via a meteorite, or brought here by a god, we can still see how life on earth has changed over billions of years via fossil/genetic records.

it's silly to say that humans were here one day after all the animals. we never knew dinosaurs existed until the 19th century. if we were around at the origin of life, i dont think we would have just not noticed giant reptilian creatures

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:55 PM
easily. we can map out origins, changes, and developments in language without being able to identify the origin of language.

whether the very first single celled organisms developed organically on earth, were delivered via a meteorite, or brought here by a god, we can still see how life on earth has changed over billions of years via fossil/genetic recordss
So then why do most scientist deny God when they really don't know?

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:55 PM
How well off can you be if you had to ask for marital advice on a sports forum? And I seriously doubt that.
But like I said before, I don't define success by the amount of money a person makes.

I define intelligence by someone's ability to see evidence, understand how it is evidence and use their mind to make a logical conclusion.

My conclusion about you based on the evidence here is that you're retarded.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 01:56 PM
there is no evidence to support the existence of a god yet. i dont think a scientist will ever outright say "god doesn't exist" much in the same way nobody can ever definitively say "the flying spaghetti mosnter doesn't exist." its a logical fallacy to try to prove a negative.

Blake
07-28-2014, 01:56 PM

Link to this claim.

I'll wait, retard.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:57 PM
I define intelligence by someone's ability to see evidence, understand how it is evidence and use their mind to make a logical conclusion.

My conclusion about you based on the evidence here is that you're retarded.
What evidence? A couple of fossils of an ape that were then sketched out to have human and ape like features for no reason at all.

RD2191
Link to this claim.

I'll wait, retard.
Almost every douche in here is an Atheists.

Blake

Lol Bible magic.

Lol retard.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:58 PM
http://www.skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/Nebraska-Man.jpg

RD2191
07-28-2014, 01:58 PM
^They got all of that from a tooth. :lol

Blake
07-28-2014, 02:00 PM

Almost every hypocritical prick in here believes in God.

keep up God's work by trying to go after my personal life.

Lol retard.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Just 1 tooth provided all of that information. A bipedal ape/man from a tooth. Rumor has it his name was Blake but scientists aren't sure.

spurraider21
atheists don't believe in god. that is actually different than outright claiming that god doesn't exist

Blake
Your wife cheated on you and you had no one to talk to. Yeah, you're a real winner, Blake.

Lol resorting to making up stuff about me.

lol retarded Christian.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Almost every hypocritical prick in here believes in God.

keep up God's work by trying to go after my personal life.

Lol retard.
LOL, butthurt. Calls me a tard and cries because I call him out for being a bitch.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:04 PM
http://www.skepticblog.org/wp-content/uploads/Nebraska-Man.jpg
a) that was an artist's representation, not something deemed to be a scientific fact. this bitch was the artist, not a scientist :lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am%C3%A9d%C3%A9e_Forestier

In 1922 his "Nebraska Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Man)" drawings appeared in The Illustrated London News. These reconstructions, in collaboration with scientist Grafton ****** Smith, were of a possible ape-like ancestor of present-day man, based on a fossil tooth found in Nebraska (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska). However this drawing owed more to artistic imagination than scientific fact, and the find itself was scientifically insignificant.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am%C3%A9d%C3%A9e_Forestier#cite_note-5)

b) Retraction[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nebraska_Man&action=edit&section=3)]

From its initial description, Hesperopithecus was regarded as an inconclusive find by a large portion on the scientific community. Examinations of the specimen continued, and the original describers continued to draw comparisons between Hesperopithecus and apes. Further field work on the site in the summers of 1925 and 1926 uncovered other parts of the skeleton. These discoveries revealed that the tooth was incorrectly identified. According to these discovered pieces, the tooth belonged neither to a man nor an ape, but to a fossil of an extinct species of peccary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccary) called Prosthennops serus. The misidentification was attributed to the fact that the original specimen was severely weathered. The earlier identification as an ape was retracted in the journal Science (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_(journal)) in 1927.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Man#cite_note-Gregory_1927-3)

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Lol resorting to making up stuff about me.

lol retarded Christian.

I normally avoid laying out my personal stuff on the internets, but hell, I'm reeling so much right now, I'm asking everyone/anyone in sight what to do.

I had some nukes dropped on me this past week regarding the wife, which after looking back the past 1-2 years I should have seen it and I realize I am a fucking idiot. I've mulled over everything a billion times and there's no where to go but to get a divorce.

I have a 7 year old and some have already told me I need to go all out to get full custody. Any other practical advice? Step 1? Step 2?

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

:depressed

Blake
07-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Just 1 tooth provided all of that information. A bipedal ape/man from a tooth. Rumor has it his name was Blake but scientists aren't sure.

Scientists would be the ones to name it. Why wouldn't they be sure?

smh retard joke

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:06 PM
a) that was an artist's representation, not something deemed to be a scientific fact. this bitch was the artist, not a scientist :lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am%C3%A9d%C3%A9e_Forestier

b) Retraction[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nebraska_Man&action=edit&section=3)]

From its initial description, Hesperopithecus was regarded as an inconclusive find by a large portion on the scientific community. Examinations of the specimen continued, and the original describers continued to draw comparisons between Hesperopithecus and apes. Further field work on the site in the summers of 1925 and 1926 uncovered other parts of the skeleton. These discoveries revealed that the tooth was incorrectly identified. According to these discovered pieces, the tooth belonged neither to a man nor an ape, but to a fossil of an extinct species of peccary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccary) called Prosthennops serus. The misidentification was attributed to the fact that the original specimen was severely weathered. The earlier identification as an ape was retracted in the journal Science (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_(journal)) in 1927.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Man#cite_note-Gregory_1927-3)
Scientists still do all of that shit all the time. Of all the skulls they have found of ape/man, how do they know what they look like? Why do they give them ape and human like features? Just the other day they found some fossil fragments of a bird and they even colored in his feathers. LOL

Blake
07-28-2014, 02:06 PM
my last resort

Where in that did I say I had no one to talk to?

Fuck you're retarded.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:07 PM
robdiaz2191 why'd you stop responding :lol, thought we were having a good discussion. address my last 3 posts porfavor

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Scientists still do all of that shit all the time. Of all the skulls they have found of ape/man, how do they know what they look like? Why do they give them ape and human like features? Just the other day they found some fossil fragments of a bird and they even colored in his feathers. LOL
artists representations =/= scientific community

RD2191
atheists don't believe in god. that is actually different than outright claiming that god doesn't exist
ok

Blake
LOL, butthurt. Calls me a tard and cries because I call him out for being a bitch.

I'm calling you retarded because you can't read or you're too lazy to.

Someone is about to shove the tooth up your ass if they haven't already by the time I type this.

Lol retard

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:09 PM
ok
are you acknowledging what i said or being smug about it?

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:09 PM
artists representations =/= scientific community
Most of them accept it and publish it in journals and what not.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Most of them accept it and publish it in journals and what not.
no they don't. you are making shit up

In 1922 his "Nebraska Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Man)" drawings appeared in The Illustrated London News. These reconstructions, in collaboration with scientist Grafton ****** Smith, were of a possible ape-like ancestor of present-day man, based on a fossil tooth found in Nebraska (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska). However this drawing owed more to artistic imagination than scientific fact, and the find itself was scientifically insignificant.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am%C3%A9d%C3%A9e_Forestier#cite_note-5)

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm calling you retarded because you can't read or you're too lazy to.

Someone is about to shove the tooth up your ass if they haven't already by the time I type this.

Lol retard
Your wife though, how and when did you know? Why did it take 2 years?

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:11 PM
no they don't. you are making shit up
So then how do they know all of these apes had human like features and are our ancestors?

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:12 PM
http://www.utahpeoplespost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/evolitio.jpg

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Dem apelike features though.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.acu.edu.au/__data/assets/image/0008/479762/Skin-deep_body.jpg

Missing link, lol. In a few thousand years scientist will claim that dude was half man half ape.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:14 PM
http://ecomburak.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/jimmy-walkabout-australian-aborigine1.jpg

~O~
07-28-2014, 02:15 PM
yeah bro i watched the matrix too :lol

as for the hippee "i think god IS the universe thing" i think the bottom line question is if you think god has consciousness, is self aware, etc

I didn't know I was quoting the Matrix and I'm not a hippee but I guess I am according to you bro. lol

Honestly, we do feed off the Earth's natural resources. Everything..around you is a product of the Earth. Even you and I. We've just learned how to manipulate Earth for our own benefit and satisfaction. The Earth is being progressively trashed...and will eventually have to cleanse itself yet again.

I don't think god is self aware. If God is self aware, then...we as humans and animals are the closest thing to god as far as I'm concerned. Look at what Humans have done. They've learned how to live longer, live better, and learned about "nearly" everything outside of themselves. Humans have even created another intangible world....the internet. Humans even determine the fate of other humans and animals. Hell, we've even learned how to create duplication of animals. Its not perfected but..sheesh. We're pretty damn godly...if you really look at what we've done.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:16 PM
So then how do they know all of these apes had human like features and are our ancestors?
the artists representation of the amount of hair/facial expressions, etc are not factual.

one of the most useful pieces of information we get from fossils is being able to date them. like in the layers of rock in the grand canyon, certain fossils only appear in a certain date range. over the course of time in the fossil record, we see how there are changes, and upon gathering many of these, they are able to create a lineage which is consistent with date/changes

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:18 PM
I didn't know I was quoting the Matrix and I'm not a hippee but I guess I am according to you bro. lol

Honestly, we do feed off the Earth's natural resources. Everything..around you is a product of the Earth. Even you and I. We've just learned how to manipulate Earth for our own benefit and satisfaction. The Earth is being progressively trashed...and will eventually have to cleanse itself yet again.

I don't think god is self aware. If God is self aware, then...we as humans and animals are the closest thing to god as far as I'm concerned. Look at what Humans have done. They've learned how to live longer, live better, and learned about "nearly" everything outside of themselves. Humans have even created another intangible world....the internet. Humans even determine the fate of other humans and animals. Hell, we've even learned how to create duplication of animals. Its not perfected but..sheesh. We're pretty damn godly...if you really look at what we've done.
Amazing, almost as if something or someone wanted us to survive. Trees to provide wood, shelter, fire. Plenty of water and oxygen. Fish to eat, cows to eat, various crops. Not trying to argue with you but what are the odds that everything "evolved" perfectly to help us survive.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:18 PM
i dont get how you posting random pictures and saying lol is making any sort of an argument

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Amazing, almost as if something or someone wanted us to survive. Trees to provide wood, shelter, fire. Plenty of water and oxygen. Fish to eat, cows to eat, various crops. Not trying to argue with you but what are the odds that everything "evolved" perfectly to help us survive.
there was life before humans, and for more than a day. do you agree with this statement?

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:20 PM
You ain't gonna tell me that dudes skull doesn't have "Neanderthal" type features.

spurraider21
07-28-2014, 02:21 PM
You ain't gonna tell me that dudes skull doesn't have "Neanderthal" type features.
you can compare skeletons of humans to skeletons of extinct hominids and draw all sorts of conclusions.

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
the artists representation of the amount of hair/facial expressions, etc are not factual.

one of the most useful pieces of information we get from fossils is being able to date them. like in the layers of rock in the grand canyon, certain fossils only appear in a certain date range. over the course of time in the fossil record, we see how there are changes, and upon gathering many of these, they are able to create a lineage which is consistent with date/changes
Okay, you can date them, how do they know we evolved from them?

RD2191
07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
there was life before humans, and for more than a day. do you agree with this statement?
I agree.