PDA

View Full Version : So will this be the year Popovich finally plays a young athletic player 36 minutes

freetiago
09-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Leonard has no backup and he needs reps to get better and learn to be the #1/2 option
he's finally acknowledging himself now in a recent interview

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Leonard-aims-to-build-on-potential-5785730.php?cmpid=twitter-premium&t=2c5191c39be4660723#/0

“In the Finals, I'm playing 35 minutes a game, so I'm on the floor more and able to score the ball more and get more rebounds,” Leonard said. “I'm going to have to get consistent minutes to play at a consistent level like that.”

exstatic
09-28-2014, 01:56 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239503&page=2&p=7600784#post7600784

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239519&p=7600881#post7600881

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Bitches gonna bitch.

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 02:19 PM
So will this be the year retarded fans stop questioning the best coach in the NBA and franchise history?

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 02:21 PM
And "conclusion jumpers" jump to conclusions, without all the facts.

I see "reporting" of "some" facts, not all, rather than "bitching".

Don't you, or is it just plain old "bitching" to you, and if so, isn't that a pretty wild judgement call (assumption?) on your part?

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 02:25 PM
And "conclusion jumpers" jump to conclusions, without all the facts.

I see "reporting" of "some" facts, not all, rather than "bitching".

Don't you, or is it just plain old "bitching" to you, and if so, isn't that a pretty wild judgement call (assumption?) on your part?

Bitches gonna bitch.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 02:34 PM
^ That is your answer to my question?

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 02:35 PM
^ That is your answer to my question?

Bitches gonna bitch.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 02:45 PM

Chump Translation: I was talking out my ass.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Chump Translation: I was talking out my ass.No Avante Jr., the translation is this:

Bitches gonna bitch.Your next post will be a shining example.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 02:50 PM
No Avante Jr., the translation is this:

Your next post will be a shining example.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 02:54 PM
How do you arrive at that conclusion?Because bitches bitch. So it's a fair prediction that bitches are going to bitch given the chance.

Here's your chance right now.

You may prove me wrong if you don't bitch like a bitch bitches, bitch.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Because bitches bitch. So it's a fair prediction that bitches are going to bitch given the chance.

Here's your chance right now.

You may prove me wrong if you don't bitch like a bitch bitches, bitch.

Who do you claim is "bitching", and why do you think what they are reporting is "bitching" in reality.

Also, who made you judge and jury that they are "bitches" in the first place?

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Next you will argue that it is "self-evident".

I understand your convoluted logic now.

RD2191
09-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't think its too big of a deal in the reg season. I kind of hate when he tries to manage minutes in the playoffs though. Especially with Kawhi/Green. People have this misconception that Pop has always done this which is simply not true. He used to play Duncan 40+ mpg in his early years iirc.

freetiago
09-28-2014, 03:10 PM
his first about 5 or 6 years was 40 minutes in the playoffs and reg season basically

and people should just put ChumpdDumper and Tpark on their ignore list and you'll have a better Spurstalk experience

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Who do you claim is "bitching", and why do you think what they are reporting is "bitching" in reality.

Also, who made you judge and jury that they are "bitches" in the first place?Why would I not be able judge whether people are bitches in my opinion?

Who would make that rule?

You?

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Why would I not be able judge whether people are bitches in my opinion?

Who would make that rule?

You?

So then, you admit this is just your OPINION and not a statement of fact, which is how you worded it?

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 03:17 PM
So then, you admit this is just your OPINION and not a statement of fact, which is how you worded it?Your inference was faulty. Again, i can't understand things for you.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Your inference was faulty. Again, i can't understand things for you.

I understand exactly now.

You were talking out your ass, that simple!

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I understand exactly now.

You were talking out your ass, that simple!I think you illustrated my point perfectly.

Thanks! :tu

Feel free to continue doing so.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I think you illustrated my point perfectly.

No, but you are forgiven your ignorance in the matter.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
No, but you are forgiven your ignorance in the matter.God wouldn't be so insincere.

Cklbmk
09-28-2014, 03:48 PM
I think you illustrated my point perfectly.

I hope you choke. You ruin so many good threads.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 03:50 PM
I hope you choke. You ruin so many good threads.Did you consider this one a good thread?

I rather considered it a duplicate.

Hemotivo
09-28-2014, 04:09 PM
his first about 5 or 6 years was 40 minutes in the playoffs and reg season basically

and people should just put ChumpdDumper and Tpark on their ignore list and you'll have a better Spurstalk experience

:lol

benstanfield
09-28-2014, 05:32 PM
There are a staggering amount of reasons why keeping KL at 28-32 is beneficial for the team. See: 2013-14 Spurs.

ChumpDumper
09-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Didn't Kawhi have fairly long term injuries to play with over the past couple of seasons?

Hell, that's reason enough to exercise caution, to say nothing of the loaded roster.

EVAY
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I don't think its too big of a deal in the reg season. I kind of hate when he tries to manage minutes in the playoffs though. Especially with Kawhi/Green. People have this misconception that Pop has always done this which is simply not true. He used to play Duncan 40+ mpg in his early years iirc.

This. Duncan used to play tons more minutes, and his knees kept getting worse and worse. His career has DEFINITELY been lengthened by Pop reducing his minutes in recent years, but it wasn't always like that. To me, Pop learned that his star couldn't keep playing that many minutes and still keep being great every year. Lots of coaches have yet to learn that lesson.

Plus, Kawhi had knee tendonitis in the '12- '13 season that kept him hurting off and on all year. And it was only his SECOND year in the league.

Pop learned from Duncan that limiting minutes extends the playing life at a superior level of his star. He has applied that to his other stars as well. He is quite aware that his method limits the statistics that he team members can put up in order to play for him, and he has said that repeatedly. The team members have bought into the philosophy that their individual season stats are not going to be as gaudy as some other players, but the team is better off for it, especially come playoff time. If Kawhi doesn't want to buy into that approach for his career he has that option and can choose not to sign an extension with the Spurs. Personally, I expect him to recognize what Pop is doing for him and continue with the Spurs, but if he would be unhappy about it, then he can act on his desire to play more minutes somewhere else. Pretty simple, imo.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 06:34 PM
This. Duncan used to play tons more minutes, and his knees kept getting worse and worse. His career has DEFINITELY been lengthened by Pop reducing his minutes in recent years, but it wasn't always like that. To me, Pop learned that his star couldn't keep playing that many minutes and still keep being great every year. Lots of coaches have yet to learn that lesson.

Plus, Kawhi had knee tendonitis in the '12- '13 season that kept him hurting off and on all year. And it was only his SECOND year in the league.

Pop learned from Duncan that limiting minutes extends the playing life at a superior level of his star. He has applied that to his other stars as well. He is quite aware that his method limits the statistics that he team members can put up in order to play for him, and he has said that repeatedly. The team members have bought into the philosophy that their individual season stats are not going to be as gaudy as some other players, but the team is better off for it, especially come playoff time. If Kawhi doesn't want to buy into that approach for his career he has that option and can choose not to sign an extension with the Spurs. Personally, I expect him to recognize what Pop is doing for him and continue with the Spurs, but if he would be unhappy about it, then he can act on his desire to play more minutes somewhere else. Pretty simple, imo.

Truth

hitmantb
09-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Duncan had one of the highest peaks I have ever seen, beating Kobe/Shaq when he had final year Robinson and first year Parker/Ginobili, one of the greatest lone star performance ever. However he also played 40 minutes a game because Pop wasn't Pop, and IMO he also had one of the shortest peaks. Check out his field goal percentage in 2004 against Lakers and 2005 against Pistons, it was not the same 2003 Duncan.

I hope Pop can keep Kwahi's minutes closer to 30 than 40, keep him fresh for the playoffs and don't let him burn out early. It takes an enormous amount of effort to be a two-way player.

Uriel
09-28-2014, 08:08 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239503&page=2&p=7600784#post7600784

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239519&p=7600881#post7600881
2nd link. WTF. :lol

ElNono
09-28-2014, 10:46 PM
No. Next question?

Boomersgold
09-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Guess Kyle Anderson won't be getting any minutes then.

Prose
09-29-2014, 11:26 PM
bro not playing any players over 30 min was for the regular season. That plan, id say worked, based on the fact that we won a championship....but that's none of my business...

FromWayDowntown
09-30-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm baffled that anyone could be a fan of these Spurs and think that the path to further success depends upon spotlighting particular players, worrying about stats, playing guys for big minutes, or anything other than just pounding the rock just as they've done for the past 3 years. Particularly after watching teams with big minutes accumulators (OKC and MIA, specifically) wilt as the Spurs came at them in waves.