PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Should the Lakers vacate the 2002 NBA Championship?

DMX7
05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
It's just so wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

Video was posted on a separate thread but we need a poll.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 01:47 PM
should the spurs vacate the 2007 title?

the OP is just that stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

Thread
05-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Only pussies & assholes do polls.

DMX7
05-18-2015, 01:56 PM

Nah, that was all immaterial. Besides, we beat them in 6 anyway. Lakers were flat out handed a game they didn't deserve and it was the difference in the series.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Nah, that was all immaterial. Besides, we beat them in 6 anyway. Lakers were flat out handed a game they didn't deserve and it was the difference in the series.

OH GOODY!!!!

CAN I USE THIS ARGUMENT TOO....

WE BEAT THEM IN GAME 7

THERE CASE CLOSED!!! :) LAKERS ARE THE 2002 CHAMPIONS

mavsfan1000
05-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Absolutely. Rigged game.

DMX7
05-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Absolutely. Rigged game.

Completely agree. At first, I couldn't decide whether to vote "Yes" or "Absolutely", but given the egregious nature of the rigging and how the Kings were simply a better team, I was forced to choose "Absolutely".

Mitch
05-18-2015, 02:23 PM
The Kings are losers, born losers and are dying losers.

DMX7
05-18-2015, 02:27 PM
OH GOODY!!!!

CAN I USE THIS ARGUMENT TOO....

WE BEAT THEM IN GAME 7

THERE CASE CLOSED!!! :) LAKERS ARE THE 2002 CHAMPIONS

Even if we lose game 3 (which we wouldn't have and didn't need the refs help to win), we still would have won the series in 7. If the Lakers lose game 6, series is O-V-E-R.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Even if we lose game 3 (which we wouldn't have and didn't need the refs help to win), we still would have won the series in 7. If the Lakers lose game 6, series is O-V-E-R.

OH YA DUDE!! you are so right... there was no need to gut check steve nash into the announcers table and suspend there starting PF and SG for game 5. you guys could have handled that series all on your own :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 02:40 PM
OH YA DUDE!! you are so right... there was no need to gut check steve nash into the announcers table and suspend there starting PF and SG for game 5. you guys could have handled that series all on your own :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Nash shouldn't have flopped, and since when was Diaw their starting two guard?

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 02:43 PM

Why did Horry get suspended two games for that flop by Nash, but Boom Dizzle didn't even have to miss one game for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4rWb33z10

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 02:43 PM

I thought it was bell forgot it was Diaw.... anyways beside the point..... Flopped? are you trying to be funny

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 02:45 PM
I thought it was bell forgot it was Diaw.... anyways beside the point..... Flopped? are you trying to be funny

The faggot threw his arms up after hitting the ground to try to bait the refs into a flagrant. Instead he baited his teammates into leaving the bench and getting suspended. :lmao

DMX7
05-18-2015, 02:48 PM

Exactly. Steve acted like he had just died.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 02:59 PM
I can't believe the butthurt from Laker fans over Rob shoving Nash into the scorer's table when their team did the exact same kind of shit. I remember in Game 1 of the 03 Spurs-Lakers series Horry went and slapped David Robinson in the nuts right in front of the Spurs bench once the game was out of reach, to try to provoke a reaction. Robinson shot his free throw and that was it. In Game 4 of the 2000 series between the Suns and Lakers I remember Rick Fox trying to start a fight with Cliff Robinson to try to get him suspended after Robinson had been torching the Lakers all night. Only the 2007 Suns were retarded enough to fall for these trollings though. Fuck them, they have no one to blame but themselves. And thank you Steve Nash for doing Horry's work for him with that flop.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 03:04 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/25/1537688/steve-nash-finally-admits-to

"Did you sell the hit?"

Nash: "When I was on the ground, flailing... I thought, 'this is my chance [to flop].'"

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 03:41 PM
I can't believe the butthurt from Laker fans over Rob shoving Nash into the scorer's table when their team did the exact same kind of shit. I remember in Game 1 of the 03 Spurs-Lakers series Horry went and slapped David Robinson in the nuts right in front of the Spurs bench once the game was out of reach, to try to provoke a reaction. Robinson shot his free throw and that was it. In Game 4 of the 2000 series between the Suns and Lakers I remember Rick Fox trying to start a fight with Cliff Robinson to try to get him suspended after Robinson had been torching the Lakers all night. Only the 2007 Suns were retarded enough to fall for these trollings though. Fuck them, they have no one to blame but themselves. And thank you Steve Nash for doing Horry's work for him with that flop.

you can pick apart every play and every foul from every team and you will every player is guilty of committing a "non basketball act" but this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LT_C7o5ZGM

is a straight shoulder check. which riled the emotions of the bench

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/25/1537688/steve-nash-finally-admits-to

"Did you sell the hit?"

Nash: "When I was on the ground, flailing... I thought, 'this is my chance [to flop].'"

yea like im gonna read something written from a Spurs fan. I might as well read weekly world News

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 03:49 PM
you can pick apart every play and every foul from every team and you will every player is guilty of committing a "non basketball act" but this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LT_C7o5ZGM

is a straight shoulder check. which riled the emotions of the bench

Lakers did the exact same shit. Are you even a Laker fan to not remember those two acts of desperation when they were getting their teeth kicked in? LOL that flop, serves that faggot Nash right.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Lakers did the exact same shit. Are you even a Laker fan to not remember those two acts of desperation when they were getting their teeth kicked in? LOL that flop, serves that faggot Nash right.

of course we did and so did you guys.... but to say that we "HAD HELP" from the refs without any proof other than just visual speculation and a confession from a junkie gambler than you have no base to say that the lakers 02 finals are rigged. if you are gonna use that excuse than we can use that excuse for every championship title game dating back to inception of the NBA.

get over it... the lakers are the 02 champs just like the spurs are the 07 champs.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 03:59 PM
yea like im gonna read something written from a Spurs fan. I might as well read weekly world News

It's a video in which Nash admits in his own words that he flopped, dumbass.

snickles
05-18-2015, 04:00 PM
The faggot threw his arms up after hitting the ground to try to bait the refs into a flagrant. Instead he baited his teammates into leaving the bench and getting suspended. :lmao

not to mention the fact, that if you follow to the letter of the rule, nash should have gotten at least Ted up for his "retaliation", running up and trying to get at horry.

i can't believe people still get pissy about the suns players getting ejected. the precedent was set a few seasons before during the knicks/heat playoff mini-brawl.

also, wasn't that the series where he and tony bumped heads, and blood was gusing from his nose? i can't help but notice the refs forgot all about the magic johnson rule the entire 4th qtr and i believe overtime.

but back to the original topic. its done. its over. nothing is ever going to come of the "rigged" game. if the NBA hasn't addressed it by now, it never will.

Thread
05-18-2015, 04:26 PM
I can't believe the butthurt from Laker fans over Rob shoving Nash into the scorer's table

Don't lump me in there, bum. I was all for it. Saved my hash.

Killakobe81
05-18-2015, 04:27 PM
In the words of Justin Timberlake ... just go ahead ...and cry me a river ...

Thread
05-18-2015, 04:27 PM
The Kings are losers, born losers

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Don't lump me in there, bum. I was all for it. Saved my hash.

We already established you're a Suns fan. Laker fans at least know who was on their team.

Thread
05-18-2015, 04:44 PM
We already established you're a Suns fan.

Absolutely. Never denied such.

elbamba
05-18-2015, 04:45 PM

At least 4 of those plays were just the announcers sucking off the Suns. The difference between the two is that everyone loved the Suns and hated the Spurs. What would the NBA have to gain from sending the Spurs to the finals? I sweep of Lebron James.

Stern is on the record as saying the Lakers being in the finals is good for business. There is no comparison between the two series and the two teams.

Thread
05-18-2015, 04:47 PM
At least 4 of those plays were just the announcers sucking off the Suns. The difference between the two is that everyone loved the Suns and hated the Spurs. What would the NBA have to gain from sending the Spurs to the finals? I sweep of Lebron James.

Stern is on the record as saying the Lakers being in the finals is good for business. There is no comparison between the two series and the two teams.

Stings, don't it?

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Absolutely. Never denied such.

Does O&48 kill you inside every time you type it?

Thread
05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Does O&48 kill you inside every time you type it?

It's O & 47, bum.

tee, hee.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 04:59 PM
It's O & 47, bum.

tee, hee.

You're right, I was thinking their first season was 67-68 and not 68-69. Does it kill you some inside every time you type O & 47?

Thread
05-18-2015, 05:07 PM
You're right, I was thinking their first season was 67-68 and not 68-69. Does it kill you some inside every time you type O & 47?

Just because you vacated your 1st 5th doesn't mean you have to lash out at Dale, sweetheart.

tee, hee.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Just because you vacated your 1st 5th doesn't mean you have to lash out at Dale, sweetheart.

tee, hee.
The sting is real.

ha, ha.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 05:47 PM
It's a video in which Nash admits in his own words that he flopped, dumbass.

yes he flopped (just like all players) he exaggerated the call but he DID get checked by Horry. which instigated the players coming off the bench which led to a suspension. so with the ongoing logic with this thread and that being said.. In any case flop or not the move Horry made was illegal...

Thread
05-18-2015, 05:49 PM
The sting is real.

ha, ha.

If you're fixin' to ask me for another bite out of the apple, don't bother. You've had 2. No more, CN.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/185067615-two-bites-on-a-red-apple-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=WHdp883mP6cJjZfGNZx9e0lb9QUjxIxODUrBAHDFnElFFB2x Xt3AP93ESAvcpilc

Clipper Nation
05-18-2015, 05:54 PM
If you're fixin' to ask me for another bite out of the apple, don't bother. You've had 2. No more, CN.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/185067615-two-bites-on-a-red-apple-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=WHdp883mP6cJjZfGNZx9e0lb9QUjxIxODUrBAHDFnElFFB2x Xt3AP93ESAvcpilc
Nuh uh. I'm chastizing you for taking 3 bites of the apple (Lakers, Suns, Cavs) but taking nary a fuckin' bite of the shit sandwich for any of them.

whitemamba
05-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Gotta love all these laker threads , I mean we are in the lottery AGAIN and yet the pains of th past still sting the nostrils.

Mitch
05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
They'll die losers, cub. In the NBA you are either one of the few winners or simply one of the obstacles.

ElNono
05-18-2015, 06:47 PM
No

Thread
05-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Nuh uh. I'm chastizing you for taking 3 bites of the apple (Lakers, Suns, Cavs) but taking nary a fuckin' bite of the shit sandwich for any of them.

:rolleyes

davethedope
05-18-2015, 07:32 PM
This thread should be renamed "The Ballad of Mike Bibby"

Thread
05-18-2015, 07:35 PM
This thread should be renamed "The Ballad of Mike Bibby"

Yeah, he had a hard on for us. He was bashful about it, but, he seethed. But, like Utah in the mid-80's Sacramento made a conscious decision to cast their lot with the officiating and canvas them constantly over a 7 game series.

Both the Jazz & Kings lived to regret that choice.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 08:52 PM

Nash said it himself idiot

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 08:53 PM
And for the OP, No. What's done's done.

Thread
05-18-2015, 09:08 PM
And for the OP, No. What's done's done.

Thank Christ, it's a comfort knowing you & you alone have vacated an NBA Title.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Nash said it himself idiot

Your a fucking moron!! Everyone flops in the nba Nash exaggerated the flop but nonetheless he did get hit by horry which ensued the madness that came afterward. In all honest Phoenix could have gone up 3-1 in game 4 if amare was playing.

But it is what it is. The spurs ended up winning. Just like how the lakers ended up winning in 02. Just like your team you cannot deny them a title

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Your a fucking moron!! Everyone flops in the nba Nash exaggerated the flop but nonetheless he did get hit by horry which ensued the madness that came afterward. In all honest Phoenix could have gone up 3-1 in game 4 if amare was playing.

But it is what it is. The spurs ended up winning. Just like how the lakers ended up winning in 02. Just like your team you cannot deny them a title

No. You're a fucking moron.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Thank Christ, it's a comfort knowing you & you alone have vacated an NBA Title.

As long as everyone's at peace that TD is the greatest of his time Cubs, my friend tbh. :bobo

Venti Quattro
05-18-2015, 10:17 PM
1999*

2007*

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 10:22 PM
1999*

2007*

too?

Sean Cagney
05-18-2015, 10:25 PM

Spurs blew that lead late in game 4 and pissed me off, they were in control of that game and series and should have been going up 3-1 but choked that damn game away. Suns were never in control of that series if you look back, stole that game and it was 2-2 so anything could have happened. I still think the Spurs win that series regardless whether they are suspended or not, but it's over with now so I will just let it rest unlike Suns fans.

Game 4 is the game that Nash got hip checked and the Spurs were up 2-1 basically at the time (Could have gone up 3-1). Where did you get Suns going up 3-1 if they don't get suspended? They missed game 5 not game 4, atleast get facts right before you speak on something.

Venti Quattro
05-18-2015, 10:27 PM

too?

Good joke. Cheers

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 10:29 PM
1999*

2007*

Good joke. Cheers

Thread
05-18-2015, 10:34 PM
I just remember wedging thru the oleanders up at this cabana bar outside the mall trying to get a peek at the TV monitor and praying I'd find the Spurs triumphant (Girl had run me off from the house for turning the TV on & off constantly) "Dale, you're not going to ruin it for these children!"---Then it just was like a mirage...Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili sitting 3 across being interviewed, grins on their faces. I boogied on home, grabbed the boys (Girl wouldn't go.) "You should be ashamed, Dale." and we went to Red Lobster to celebrate.

I was so fucking relieved & happy.

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Spurs blew that lead late in game 4 and pissed me off, they were in control of that game and series and should have been going up 3-1 but choked that damn game away. Suns were never in control of that series if you look back, stole that game and it was 2-2 so anything could have happened. I still think the Spurs win that series regardless whether they are suspended or not, but it's over with now so I will just let it rest unlike Suns fans.
Game 4 is the game that Nash got hip checked and the Spurs were up 2-1 basically at the time (Could have gone up 3-1). Where did you get Suns going up 3-1 if they don't get suspended? They missed game 5 not game 4, atleast get facts right before you speak on something.

I do have my facts somewhat right. Game 3 was the donaghy game. Phx lost, game 4 they won. Suspension in game 5 they lost. A possibility they could have gone up 3-1??? Of course I don't believe in stupid conspiracies like the op here. U guys won the series just like the lakers in 02

Lakers999
05-18-2015, 11:07 PM
No. You're a fucking moron.

Oh how wonderful. The grammar pussy police.

100%duncan
05-18-2015, 11:23 PM
Oh how wonderful. The grammar pussy police.

Seems fair when you call someone a moron. :toast

Sean Cagney
05-18-2015, 11:58 PM
I do have my facts somewhat right. Game 3 was the donaghy game. Phx lost, game 4 they won. Suspension in game 5 they lost. A possibility they could have gone up 3-1??? Of course I don't believe in stupid conspiracies like the op here. U guys won the series just like the lakers in 02

I agree with you man, if a team is close enough to pull off a win in a game then I don't get into all of this refs won the series crap for such and such team. Tim did game 3 I remember now, they lost game 3 and now their fans blame the game on the refs because he was in there although he was not the one making bad calls in that game from what I remember (Youtube video showed it as well).

Kings blew a damn 24 point lead in game 4 when they could have gone up 3-1 in the series, they have their selves to blame for letting that huge lead go at home and letting LA tie up the series and putting them right back in it. I agree with you as well as in no * by either series and both teams won so fans need to get over it already and move on.

ezau
05-19-2015, 12:34 AM
The Kings are losers, born losers and are dying losers.

You've no room. The Lakers are the league's laughing stock for three straight years now.

Mitch
05-19-2015, 12:42 AM
You've no room. The Lakers are the league's laughing stock for three straight years now.

The Lakers have won. No amount of Buss shitting in his hand will change that.

The kings, though... never.

ezau
05-19-2015, 01:37 AM

Fair enough, but for now, the entire universe can take a wet shit on the Lakers. :lol

Mitch
05-19-2015, 01:45 AM
For the moment, but every team will be getting a turn in the sewers eventually.

Fair enough, but for now, the entire universe can take a wet shit on the Lakers. :lol

Jacob1983
05-19-2015, 02:02 AM
They don't deserve the championship but you can't take it away. Just place an asterisk by it.

Thread
05-19-2015, 02:36 AM

You trumped us 1 of those years by vacating your 1st 5th and selling your shit needlessly.

ezau
05-19-2015, 02:52 AM
You trumped us 1 of those years by vacating your 1st 5th and selling your shit needlessly.

Boiled down:

Duncan: 5
Kobe: 5

Let us proceed.

ezau
05-19-2015, 02:52 AM
For the moment, but every team will be getting a turn in the sewers eventually.

Enjoy the wet and warm shit for the next few years then. :lol

Thread
05-19-2015, 02:54 AM
Boiled down:

Duncan: 5

Let us proceed.

No...you didn't boil it down correctly:::

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

ezau
05-19-2015, 02:59 AM
No...you didn't boil it down correctly:::

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

5=5 Old man and you know it. :lol

Thread
05-19-2015, 03:05 AM
5=5 Old man and you know it. :lol

Cept you won your 5th twice and The Bag stays in Texas.

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Cept you won your 5th twice and The Bag stays in Texas.

That's O&47 talking

Caltex2
05-19-2015, 08:36 AM
A game people don't mention is Game 4, which was just as bad as Game 6. There was also a documentary on it.

midnightpulp
05-19-2015, 08:46 AM
As Laker hater, and a person who loves shitting on their titles, I have no sympathy for the Kings. 82games.com even did a writeup on the series, analyzing the competency of the officiating (play-by-play) and found the series to be pretty evenly called. Some might argue that it's not which fouls are called, but when, but the Kings also got their fair share of timely and no-calls (Bobby Jackson fouled Kobe on his game-winning shot attempt in Game 5).

The reason I have little sympathy for the Kings is because they flat out choked. Blew a 20 point lead in Game 4, and then Vlade makes the dumbest play in the history of their franchise by back-tapping the rebound TOWARD the 3 point line. You never do that when you have a 2 point lead with seconds remaining. I also think Vlade could've straight up grabbed the ball, but elected to back tap it for some odd reason, maybe hoping time would run out. And then they miss half their FTs in Game 7.

They had multiple chances to put that series away, and gave it away every time.

That said, I do think the Kings beat the Lakers in 5 if Peja was healthy.

ambchang
05-19-2015, 08:53 AM
One of the main reasons the NBA refuse to officially make their entire game archive for sale.

Think about it, $2.99 a regular season game, $4.99 for a playoff game, and $6.99 for a Finals game. That's millions of extra revenue for the league with pretty much negligible additional expenses.

The league has already digitized a whole swath of them, so why are they still not available? SGI went bankrupt? Hogwash, they already had half the stuff digitized already a few years ago, and they should have been completed by now. Really, who doesn't want to see Wilt in his prime so that people can really compare him to Shaq? How about the Wilt 100 point game? Havlicek steals the ball? See Baylor and David Thompson and Dr. J soar the air before Jordan ruled it? How Magic passed the ball on fast break and how he put up a 42 point/15 rebound/7 assist game in the Finals as a rookie?

Caltex2
05-19-2015, 08:55 AM
The Kings may have choked in Game 7 but it shouldn't have even come down to that. You can do a so called statistical analysis of the officiating but anyone who watched that game as a sports fan knows what happened. Game 4 is the one that needed a good look back on later by comparison.

ambchang
05-19-2015, 08:58 AM

Cincinnati Royals

Thread
05-19-2015, 09:39 AM
That's O&47 talking

That too.

Thread
05-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Cincinnati Royals

That's why the Suns hold the NBA Old Maid Card.

Mitch
05-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Cincinnati Royals

Rochester*

The Kings, new team, location, owner, name, were born losers.

JoeTait75
05-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Cincinnati Royals

Wish I'd been born in time to catch a Cavs-Royals "Battle of Ohio."

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 05:22 PM

You have no room, you're O&47.

Clipper Nation
05-19-2015, 05:26 PM

Are you retarded? Amar'e missed Game 5, not Game 4. The Suns actually had the lead for most of that game without him and Diaw on their home court and choked it away in the last five minutes. Bowen hit a clutch three to put the Spurs up for good, they went home up 3-2 and it was all over but the crying for Phoenix.

Thread
05-19-2015, 06:39 PM

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 07:03 PM

Thread
05-19-2015, 07:06 PM

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 07:46 PM

Lakers999
05-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Are you retarded? Amar'e missed Game 5, not Game 4. The Suns actually had the lead for most of that game without him and Diaw on their home court and choked it away in the last five minutes. Bowen hit a clutch three to put the Spurs up for good, they went home up 3-2 and it was all over but the crying for Phoenix.

go back to page 2 and re-read that over again idiot

ffadicted
05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
All jokes aside, one of the most obviuosly rigged games I've ever watched in any legit sport tbqh