PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Phil Jackson Ethers Tim Duncan and The Spurs

Koolaid_Man
06-05-2015, 06:49 PM
This is why we love Phil....for as decorated and accomplished as he is..he gives us spot on endless classic ram it up your ass trolling material :lmao

When discussing the possibility of Carmelo Anthony accepting a reduced salary, Jackson invoked Tim Duncan as a point of comparison. Then, almost parenthetically, he made clear that he doesn't consider the San Antonio Spurs (http://bleacherreport.com/san-antonio-spurs) a dynasty, according toNewsday's Al Iannazzone (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-zzone-newsday-new-york-knicks-news-and-commentary-from-al-iannazzone-1.812055/phil-jackson-zings-san-antonio-1.7803855?firstfree=yes):

"Tim Duncan making the salary he's making after being part of a dynasty—not a dynasty, I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championships but they've always been there. San Antonio has had a wonderful run through Tim's tenure there as a player. He's agreed to take a salary cut so other players can play with him so they can be this good. And that's the beginning of team play."

[Jackson] has never been one to shy from taking verbal jabs at the San Antonio Spurs. Ever since he’s been in the league (and especially when he was with the Lakers (http://bleacherreport.com/los-angeles-lakers)during the Spurs-Laker rivalry) he has called the Spurs out for having a asterisk title in 1999, and even gone far to say the Spurs have a 'Brokeback Mountain' style of play.

baseline bum
06-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Phil ethered himself by hiring Derek Fisher and putting together that shit roster.

Kool Bob Love
06-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Stfu phil.

Mitch
06-05-2015, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championships

Phil Jackson

spurraider21
06-05-2015, 06:58 PM
the brokeback mountain comment he made was actually in disgust of the defense played by kobe and co

RD2191
06-05-2015, 06:59 PM
the brokeback mountain comment he made was actually in disgust of the defense played by kobe and co
:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Phil on the Spurs first title:

"I know it's added onto their list, but anybody who was around basketball in '99 knows it was entirely an aberration," Jackson said. "Not that they don't deserve it. They won the pack and they came out of that heap, but that's an asterisk. That's kind of a weird situation that sits over there."

After he made jokes about gays he apologized by saying this:

It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserve to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys, or gays I apologize."

Silver&Black
06-05-2015, 07:03 PM
:lol Lakers East
:lol Phil

Koolaid_Man
06-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Phil hates the Spurs....:toast

Mitch
06-05-2015, 07:04 PM

"I know it's added onto their list, but anybody who was around basketball in '99 knows it was entirely an aberration," Jackson said. "Not that they don't deserve it. They won the pack and they came out of that heap, but that's an asterisk. That's kind of a weird situation that sits over there."

It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserve to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys, or gays I apologize."

Phil has always spoken the truth and not sided with popular opinion. Even when Kobe was the future of the Lakers, he'd call him out as well.

whitemamba
06-05-2015, 07:05 PM
PJax

Koolaid_Man
06-05-2015, 07:05 PM
I've never seen a coach openly diss the media darlins like Phil has...no one questions him either he has too much jewlry to argue with :bobo

Koolaid_Man
06-05-2015, 07:07 PM
He's basically been saying all these years..fuck the spurs...there really is no other way to see it. :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-05-2015, 07:14 PM

You lie...

The Spurs had hit 13 three-pointers, and Jackson was asked if the Spurs' penetration was leading to their open outside shots.
Jackson replied: "We call this a Brokeback Mountain game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts."

Strange Love
06-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Phil hates the Spurs....:toast

Which makes his rants even more pathetic. All the stupid shit he's saying is coming from a place of jealousy and spite.

The Spurs and Pop have been and have stayed relevant far longer than he has so of course he has a bone to pick. Anything to detract from the shitty mess he's made out of the Knicks. :lol

Mitch
06-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Which makes his rants even more pathetic. All the stupid shit he's saying is coming from a place of jealousy and spite.

The Spurs and Pop have been and have stayed relevant far longer than he has so of course he has a bone to pick. Anything to detract from the shitty mess he's made out of the Knicks. :lol

Phil Jackson - 13 rings

Pop, Duncan, Robinson - 12 rings

Splits
06-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Oh look, a thread by some faggot quoting an article that wasn't published within the last year.

Splits
06-05-2015, 07:18 PM
http://s1.postimg.org/q49ggz2en/image.jpg

spurraider21
06-05-2015, 07:24 PM
You lie...
yeah... lakers defense gave up too much penetration

Splits
06-05-2015, 07:26 PM
"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson said. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had."

Jackson even talked about how the sexual-assault charges levied against Bryant in 2003 temporarily changed his outlook on the perennial All-Star.It "cracked open an old wound" because Jackson's daughter was the victim of an assault while on a date with an athlete in college.

"Brooke expected me to get angry and make her feel protected. Instead I suppressed my rage — as I'd been conditioned to do during childhood by my parents … it left her feeling alone and unsupported. (In the end, after filing a report with the police, Brooke chose not to press charges.)

"The Kobe incident triggered all my unprocessed anger and tainted my perception of him. ... It distorted my view of Kobe throughout the 2003-04 season. No matter what I did to extinguish it, the anger kept smoldering in the background."

"Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game."

Stop comparing anyone to Michael Jordan. It's just not fair. Kobe has patterned himself after Michael and there are a lot of identical things there. But it's one thing to hope to be like him, it's another thing to be like him.

LkrFan
06-05-2015, 07:27 PM

:lol:rollin :lmao :rollin

Mitch
06-05-2015, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championship

Strange Love
06-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Aww look at all the lakerfan dodging that stain that Split posted.

Splits
06-05-2015, 07:30 PM
"You can't be a selfish player and make this offense work for the team's good. Period." When I opened the floor to comments, there was complete silence, and I was about to adjourn the meeting when Shaq spoke up. He got right to the point, saying, "I think Kobe is playing too selfishly for us to win." That got everyone fired up. Some of the players nodded in support of Shaq, including Rick Fox, who said, "How many times have we been through this?" No one in that room came to Kobe's defense. I asked him if he had anything to say. Kobe finally addressed the group, and in a calm, quiet voice he said he cared about everyone and just wanted to be part of a winning team.
I wasn't pleased with the meeting. I worried that having everyone's complaints on the table without any resolution would have a negative effect on team harmony. In the days that followed, we lost four out of five games, including a 105-81 "massacre" by the Spurs in the Alamodome. One night that week I had a dream about spanking Kobe and giving Shaq a smack. "Shaq needs and Kobe wants -- the mystery of the Lakers," I wrote in my journal.

Splits
06-05-2015, 07:51 PM
http://www.4thandforever.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/FuckKobe_Slider_sepia.jpg

http://www.4thandforever.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/KobeMakeUps.jpg

http://www.donaldchase.com/images/mike-tyson-kobe.jpg

Splits
06-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Assuming, naively in retrospect, that a conversation after the official interview was off the record, I mentioned to Rick that I had been told that in high school Kobe sabotaged games to keep them close enough for him to dominate at the end

lefty
06-05-2015, 08:27 PM
:lol Phil trolling Spurmstalk and Spurms fans going Sinaola in this thread

:lol Phil is that Nigga tbh

UZER
06-05-2015, 08:34 PM
He called them a dynasty, then tried to backtrack. Nope too late, his mouth said what his brain first thought when talking about the Spurs.

06-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Phil taking shots at the Spurs is old hat. He's been doing it for years.

Buddy Mignon
06-05-2015, 08:51 PM
He called them a dynasty, then tried to backtrack. Nope too late, his mouth said what his brain first thought when talking about the Spurs.

I say "this is some good pussy" during sex all the time and never mean it.

Splits
06-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Phil taking shots at the Spurs is old hat. He's been doing it for years.

And the article is more than a year old. Insecure Kirbystan is insecure.

LkrFan
06-05-2015, 08:56 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
06-05-2015, 08:57 PM
And the article is more than a year old. Insecure Kirbystan is insecure.

Truth still hurts, eh Split asshole? :lol

Splits
06-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Truth still hurts, eh Split asshole? :lol

Not at all. Jackson shit all over Kirby so many times I can't keep count. He's talking out his ass about the Spurs. He's talking from the heart when it comes to discrediting the Rapist.

Thread
06-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Not at all. Jackson shit all over Kirby so many times I can't keep count.

Then came back, hat in hand, looking for a hand down. Kobe granted it.

Mitch
06-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Not at all. Jackson shit all over Kirby so many times I can't keep count. He's talking out his ass about the Spurs. He's talking from the heart when it comes to discrediting the Rapist.

:cryIt's true if it's speaking about Kobe... :madrunbut the Spurs are off limits!

Says a guy who hates Kobe, but roots for the Spurs :lol

DMC
06-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Pop is living in Phil's mind, rent free.

lefty
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM

THought it was the other way around

:lol 2001

Mikeanaro
06-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Phil is a Phag.

Stevie Johnson
06-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Phil is a Phag.
Nobody pays attention to you. Stop posting.

Mikeanaro
06-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Nobody pays attention to you. Stop posting.
Wassup Big Dog?
Pay attention to this, Phil is a Phucking Phony Phag, Pheels Phlesh Phlute in Phundament.

Stevie Johnson
06-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Wassup Big Dog?
Pay attention to this, Phil is a Phucking Phony Phag, Pheels Phlesh Phlute in Phundament.
Hahahahahaha you are so funny!!!!

spurraider21
06-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Then came back, hat in hand, looking for a hand down. Kobe granted it.
Hat in hand? They had to make him the highest paid coach in the league just to pry him back

Mikeanaro
06-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Hahahahahaha you are so funny!!!!
:toast

UZER
06-05-2015, 11:36 PM

Phil was having sex?

cutewizard
06-06-2015, 01:11 AM
Phil Jackson

Using that argument, the Celtics of the Larry Bird era are not a dynasty??

hahaha....

come to think of it...the Celtics team of Bird, McHale, Parish and Walton is arguably the strongest basketball team in the history of Earth

which means Phil's contention is....inaccurate in some way

Mitch
06-06-2015, 01:14 AM
Using that argument, the Celtics of the Larry Bird era are not a dynasty??

hahaha....

come to think of it...the Celtics team of Bird, McHale, Parish and Walton is arguably the strongest basketball team in the history of Earth

which means Phil's contention is....inaccurate in some way

Why are you named "cutewizard"?

Sean Cagney
06-06-2015, 01:25 AM
He's basically been saying all these years..fuck the spurs...there really is no other way to see it. :lol

They stay on his mind like they stay on your mind for some reason though.......

ChumpDumper
06-06-2015, 01:50 AM
lol Phil is as obsessed with the Spurs as ST lakerfan

Goddam they are the Spurs' bitches forever.

lefty
06-06-2015, 02:36 AM
lol Phil is as obsessed with the Spurs as ST lakerfan

Goddam they are the Spurs' bitches forever.

Actually Pop and the SPurms are obsessed with Phil

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/bVYRCVZ5wWlRprhs3zg6sw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3NztpbD1wbGFuZTtweG 9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02NzA-/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-12-04/ae160de0-7bdc-11e4-ad59-9f8daca8035b_GPPJ12414.jpg

ChumpDumper
06-06-2015, 02:40 AM
Actually Pop and the SPurms are obsessed with PhilNot really. This site proves the lakerfan obsession.

BTW, what team do you support, lefty?

lefty
06-06-2015, 02:41 AM
Not really. This site proves the lakerfan obsession.

BTW, what team do you support, lefty?

Golden State Warriors, as usual

ChumpDumper
06-06-2015, 02:42 AM
Golden State Warriors, as usualAs usual?

When did you start supporting them?

Do you have a link to it?

Why does your team say "San Antonio Spurs"?

lefty
06-06-2015, 02:44 AM
As usual?

When did you start supporting them?

Do you have a link to it?

Why does your team say "San Antonio Spurs"?

:lmao

Nah I've always been a Spurs fan tbh

Silver&Black
06-06-2015, 02:45 AM
lefty is just doing the reverse jinx tbh.

He is saying that he's a Warriors fan so they will lose. He really wants the Cavs to win....

RsxPiimp
06-06-2015, 02:48 AM

disciple
06-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Phil Jackson - 13 rings

Pop, Duncan, Robinson - 12 rings

So weak. Jackson's greatest period of high level success was the six years of Bulls with Jordan. That pales in comparison to the Spurs. Not even close. Don't throw out his 13 as sustained greatness. Not same or attached in any way. Frankly, though his talent of getting great players to play together is unquestionable, it is still great players. Jordan/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe. Both better talent combo than anything the Spurs have had.

I always held Jackson in high esteem until the asterisk position he argued. Such a surprise to see him participate in such a weakminded endeavor. That type of rant is reserved for those that feel the need to increase their self-perceived position of authority due to insecurity or jealousy. Now the no dynasty. I feel bad for him that he feels he must say these things.

DMC
06-06-2015, 08:27 AM
If you don't like the team, you'll find something about them to take them down a notch. Phil couldn't get to the playoffs with Pop's squad, and he proved that in NY already.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2015, 09:35 AM

I don't understand his point of view.. The field was the exact same for everyone. Everyone knew they had 50 games to get their shit together and be ready for the playoffs. One could argue the playoff teams would have been more ready to play because they would have been far healthier having not been all beat up from the 82 game schedule. Heat won in a shortened season as well. You play out the circumstances you are given..

dbreiden83080
06-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Also the sense of urgency was so heightened in 1999 because of that 50 game schedule. I think a lot of teams and the Spurs are guilty of this as well, go through some long stretches of being lackadaisical knowing it's a long 82 game season. But in 1999 if you were a team with playoff hopes under .500 after 25 games, you know every game after that is critical with only 25 games remaining..

hater
06-06-2015, 10:52 AM

hater
06-06-2015, 10:52 AM
And spursfan living in lakerfans mind rent free as well :lol

buttsR4rebounding
06-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Pop's contributions to the game will ultimately be judged superior to Phil's. He knows it and thus his insecurity to the Spurs. Phil could win when he had 2 of the best 5 players in the league. Pop is changing the way the game is played. You hear many references to the "Spur's Way". When was the last time you heard the "Knick's Way" or "Phil's Way" unless you were discussing a failed strategy at securing a top 2 pick. He has been a joke of a GM as well. Not too much different than Isaiah Thomas actually.

Dancelot
06-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I always wonder to myself if the Lakers had won back in 1999 would he still be putting an * on that title?

Thread
06-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Pop's contributions to the game will ultimately be judged superior to Phil's.

Pop is judged on a one way street. That's why he has a 2nd 5th & Phil 11. You hold somebody's feet to a fire they shape up real fuckin' fast. Pop? He was fuckin' around with seeds & hacks a month ago when the race commenced. Result? The Clippers, the fuckin' Clippers left him,,,dead in the ground. The cost? Just a back-to-back. Nobody judged him, save our people here.