Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is why we love Phil....for as decorated and accomplished as he is..he gives us spot on endless classic ram it up your ass trolling material

When discussing the possibility of Carmelo Anthony accepting a reduced salary, Jackson invoked Tim Duncan as a point of comparison. Then, almost parenthetically, he made clear that he doesn't consider the San Antonio Spurs a dynasty, according toNewsday's Al Iannazzone:
    "Tim Duncan making the salary he's making after being part of a dynasty—not a dynasty, I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championships but they've always been there. San Antonio has had a wonderful run through Tim's tenure there as a player. He's agreed to take a salary cut so other players can play with him so they can be this good. And that's the beginning of team play."
    [Jackson] has never been one to shy from taking verbal jabs at the San Antonio Spurs. Ever since he’s been in the league (and especially when he was with the Lakersduring the Spurs-Laker rivalry) he has called the Spurs out for having a asterisk le in 1999, and even gone far to say the Spurs have a 'Brokeback Mountain' style of play.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil ethered himself by hiring Derek Fisher and putting together that roster.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stfu phil.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championships
    Phil Jackson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the brokeback mountain comment he made was actually in disgust of the defense played by kobe and co

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the brokeback mountain comment he made was actually in disgust of the defense played by kobe and co

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil on the Spurs first le:

"I know it's added onto their list, but anybody who was around basketball in '99 knows it was entirely an aberration," Jackson said. "Not that they don't deserve it. They won the pack and they came out of that heap, but that's an asterisk. That's kind of a weird situation that sits over there."

After he made jokes about gays he apologized by saying this:

It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserve to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys, or gays I apologize."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers East
    Phil

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil hates the Spurs....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"I know it's added onto their list, but anybody who was around basketball in '99 knows it was entirely an aberration," Jackson said. "Not that they don't deserve it. They won the pack and they came out of that heap, but that's an asterisk. That's kind of a weird situation that sits over there."

It was a poor attempt at humor and I deserve to be reprimanded by the NBA. If I've offended any horses, Texans, cowboys, or gays I apologize."

Phil has always spoken the truth and not sided with popular opinion. Even when Kobe was the future of the Lakers, he'd call him out as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    PJax

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've never seen a coach openly diss the media darlins like Phil has...no one questions him either he has too much jewlry to argue with

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's basically been saying all these years.. the spurs...there really is no other way to see it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You lie...

The Spurs had hit 13 three-pointers, and Jackson was asked if the Spurs' penetration was leading to their open outside shots.
    Jackson replied: "We call this a Brokeback Mountain game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts."

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Phil hates the Spurs....
    Which makes his rants even more pathetic. All the stupid he's saying is coming from a place of jealousy and spite.

The Spurs and Pop have been and have stayed relevant far longer than he has so of course he has a bone to pick. Anything to detract from the ty mess he's made out of the Knicks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Which makes his rants even more pathetic. All the stupid he's saying is coming from a place of jealousy and spite.

The Spurs and Pop have been and have stayed relevant far longer than he has so of course he has a bone to pick. Anything to detract from the ty mess he's made out of the Knicks.
    Phil Jackson - 13 rings

Pop, Duncan, Robinson - 12 rings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, a thread by some got quoting an article that wasn't published within the last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... lakers defense gave up too much penetration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson said. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence. Kobe had a long way to go before he could make that claim. He talked a good game, but he'd yet to experience the cold truth of leadership in his bones, as Michael had."
    Jackson even talked about how the sexual-assault charges levied against Bryant in 2003 temporarily changed his outlook on the perennial All-Star.It "cracked open an old wound" because Jackson's daughter was the victim of an assault while on a date with an athlete in college.

"Brooke expected me to get angry and make her feel protected. Instead I suppressed my rage — as I'd been conditioned to do during childhood by my parents … it left her feeling alone and unsupported. (In the end, after filing a report with the police, Brooke chose not to press charges.)

"The Kobe incident triggered all my unprocessed anger and tainted my perception of him. ... It distorted my view of Kobe throughout the 2003-04 season. No matter what I did to extinguish it, the anger kept smoldering in the background."
    "Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game."
    Stop comparing anyone to Michael Jordan. It's just not fair. Kobe has patterned himself after Michael and there are a lot of identical things there. But it's one thing to hope to be like him, it's another thing to be like him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call San Antonio a dynasty—a force, a great force. They haven't been able to win consecutive championship

Believe.
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Aww look at all the lakerfan dodging that stain that Split posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You can't be a selfish player and make this offense work for the team's good. Period." When I opened the floor to comments, there was complete silence, and I was about to adjourn the meeting when Shaq spoke up. He got right to the point, saying, "I think Kobe is playing too selfishly for us to win." That got everyone fired up. Some of the players nodded in support of Shaq, including Rick Fox, who said, "How many times have we been through this?" No one in that room came to Kobe's defense. I asked him if he had anything to say. Kobe finally addressed the group, and in a calm, quiet voice he said he cared about everyone and just wanted to be part of a winning team.
    I wasn't pleased with the meeting. I worried that having everyone's complaints on the table without any resolution would have a negative effect on team harmony. In the days that followed, we lost four out of five games, including a 105-81 "massacre" by the Spurs in the Alamodome. One night that week I had a dream about spanking Kobe and giving Shaq a smack. "Shaq needs and Kobe wants -- the mystery of the Lakers," I wrote in my journal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information