PDA

View Full Version : Why are atheist?

Pages : [1] 2

RD2191
09-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Huge whiny faggots? Tbh

http://news.yahoo.com/police-cars-god-trust-decals-draw-complaints-144756053.html

apalisoc_9
09-06-2015, 01:33 PM
No idea..But I've met more atheist trying to promote their atheist lifestyle than religious people srs..

RD2191
09-06-2015, 01:37 PM
No idea..But I've met more atheist trying to promote their atheist lifestyle than religious people srs..
It's getting to that point Tbh. For people who claim that they're tired of religious people pushing their beliefs down their throats they sure seem to be taking a liking to it seeing as how much they're doing it themselves.

Blake
09-06-2015, 02:31 PM

Lol probably not

ChumpDumper
09-06-2015, 02:40 PM
No idea..But I've met more atheist trying to promote their atheist lifestyle than religious people srs..Which atheist slogan is on police cars?

apalisoc_9
09-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Lol probably not

yeah you know how?

Blake
09-06-2015, 03:03 PM
yeah you know how?

Well if what you say is really true, you don't get out much.

apalisoc_9
09-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Well if what you say is really true, you don't get out much.

Sweet, "you don't get out that much arguments"

Blake
09-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Sweet, "you don't get out that much arguments"

Well drive down any street in almost any town in the US and there's a religious church with a sign trying to bring you in.
Jehovah witness and mormons go door to door
There's plenty of religious 700 club type preachers on tv.
County clerk pushing her religious beliefs to keep gays from getting married.
Politicians like Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee pushing their religious views into hot topics.

Literally hundreds of thousands of people following these people pushing their religious lifestyles on others. I run into religious nuts constantly.
Seriously, I don't know any atheist "pushing their atheist lifestyle" on others.

is why i think you're talking directly out your ass

DMC
09-06-2015, 09:51 PM
Secularism isn't being sold, per se, it's being sought after.

apalisoc_9
09-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Secularism isn't being sold, per se, it's being sought after.

Not true..

DMC
09-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Not true..
Sure it is. The world isn't becoming more religious. It's become less religious. By this I don't mean how many people say they believe a god exists, but how many people live their lives in fear that it's true? Not nearly as many as did 100 years ago.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-06-07-Turkey3.jpg

Joseph Kony
09-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Rob pls :cry

K...
09-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Yeah, magic fairy believers have huge strong holds.. .. On no rob ran into atheism on yahoo news, he is oppressed. Oh no, the first amendment was violated I'm being oppressed.

Anyway, there are plenty of ass hole atheists. I think it has to do with youth aggression more than atheism per se.

spurraider21
09-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Huge whiny faggots? Tbh
and you starting this thread is you being a huge whiny faggot

BD24
09-07-2015, 10:07 AM
:lolTalking out of your ass per par
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251973

Arcadian
09-07-2015, 10:41 AM

Even if that were true, it would be totally justified after thousands of years of religious persecution and war. They used to execute people for just doubting religion. And now you're gonna say non-theists can't peacefully promote their ideas? lol

ChumpDumper
09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
I've never had an atheist missionary knock on my door to try and convert me to his system of belief.

RandomGuy
09-08-2015, 11:37 AM
I've never had an atheist missionary knock on my door to try and convert me to his system of [lack of] belief.

FIFY

hater
09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
they whine a lot sure.

they are unhappy ppl that know their seconds of existence are getting shorter by the day :lol

Blake
09-08-2015, 01:26 PM
they whine a lot sure.

they are unhappy ppl that know their seconds of existence are getting shorter by the day :lol

Lol compared to happy Christians

hater
09-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Lol compared to happy Christians

Whiny bitch exhibit #1a

Blake
09-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Whiny bitch exhibit #1a

Neh, the whiny bitches are miserable Christians that shove their religious views down the public's throats.

:cry can't let dem gays gets married etc etc Lords work etc etc

xellos88330
09-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Atheism is everywhere. It is even on the street signs telling you which street you are on. It is on the police cars letting you know that it is a police car or emergency vehicle.

hater
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Yup. Fucking atheists shove their bullshit everywhere. I can't even get a Lords coffee anywhere. I have to ask for a plain coffee. Fucking whiny bitches

Blake
09-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Yup. Fucking atheists shove their bullshit everywhere. :cry I can't even get a Lords coffee anywhere.:cry I have to ask for a plain coffee.:cry Fucking whiny bitches

what's a Lords coffee

hater
09-09-2015, 09:34 AM
what's a Lords coffee

see what I mean?? whiny bizniches

Blake
09-09-2015, 10:15 AM
see what I mean?? whiny bizniches

wut. All anyone sees is you whining about not getting Lords coffee.

What is "Lords coffee"

Joseph Kony
09-09-2015, 10:59 AM
:lolTalking out of your ass per par
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251973

:lmao :lmao

apalisoc just being a fucktard as usual. im sure Harlem PM'd him before making that thread tho

leemajors
09-09-2015, 01:46 PM
i'd imagine most people who claim atheist are just agnostic.

DMC
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Atheism is everywhere. It is even on the street signs telling you which street you are on. It is on the police cars letting you know that it is a police car or emergency vehicle.
Uh... no

Avante
09-09-2015, 05:48 PM
I pity the sad little fucks to be blunt. Just look at the atheists here, totally messed up.

xellos88330
09-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Uh... no

Uh... yes. Where is god in the word "Police"? Where is god in the street name "Broadway"?

Atheism is nothing more than a supremist movement based on shit that shouldn't even matter to them.

Blake
09-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Uh... yes. Where is god in the word "Police"? Where is god in the street name "Broadway"?

Atheism is nothing more than a supremist movement based on shit that shouldn't even matter to them.

Uh you do know they put "in God we trust" on the police cars in the OP.

never seen an "in atheism we trust" decal.

I'd love to see an "in Allah we trust" tho. The outrage would be phenomenal

BD24
09-09-2015, 06:58 PM
:lolDo it in NYC:lol

Quetzal-X
09-09-2015, 07:10 PM
'murican religionist mostly arent satisfied with just preaching god. They have to choose the right god for you. For your own good of course.

DMC
09-10-2015, 12:26 AM

So now atheism is about the word god? You're a dense little fellow aren't you?

A car doesn't eat meat ergo it must be a vegan, but then it doesn't eat vegetables ergo it must be a CARnivore.

phyzik
09-10-2015, 01:42 AM
I find it funny how that Kentucky woman claims she wont allow marriage licenses based on her faith and the religious idiots comparing her to Rosa Parks.... :lmao

:cry "Fuck the law, my unfounded belief trumps your basic human right!!!" :cry

If anything, she is more like the white person telling Rosa to get out of that seat and get to the back of the bus.

What happens when a Muslim state worker refuses a drivers license to a woman based on his beliefs?

oh wait, that's wrong... because it's not Christian..... :wow :lol

Hypocrisy level set to maximum. :lmao

News flash fucking idiots, marriage was a concept long before your sky daddy and is not in the sole domain of religion, never mind that this nation was founded on secular laws until religious fucktards started to meddle with it.

It is unfortunate that the Founding Fathers of America were 239 years ahead of their time.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 07:54 AM

And that matters to you because.....

Look, you don't believe in god... I get that. You are free to think what you want. I just don't get how something as simple as a car decal would get your panties in a bunch. Especially when the subject is "imaginary". Why the fuck weren't you pissed off at Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and the land of make believe? That shit ain't real. Noone screaming about that? What about cartoons? Noone is screaming that that shit ain't real and needs to be taken off the air.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 08:01 AM
So now atheism is about the word god? You're a dense little fellow aren't you?

A car doesn't eat meat ergo it must be a vegan, but then it doesn't eat vegetables ergo it must be a CARnivore.

Dense huh? If it isn't about the word "god" then why the fuck does a decal bother you so fucking much?

Atheism is just a supremacist group trying to ban everything that they don't agree with.

Oh no!!! This car has "In God we Trust" written on it. This must mean that the ENTIRE police force is under the influence of mass delusion and it needs to be remedied!!! Oh no!!! Someone said "god"!!! That is soooooo terrible!!! Someone doesn't believe in evolution!!! OH NO!!!

Fucking atheists need to grow up.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Oh wait.... I am dense because I don't follow the same train of thought as you. Ok let me try it.

LOGIC, SCIENCE, I AM BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN AN IMAGINARY BEING!!! I AM SOOOO FUCKING PROUD OF MYSELF!!! I WISH THAT SOMEONE COULD PAT ME ON THE BACK!!! LET ME GET ON THE INTERNET AND FIND OTHER PEOPLE TO PAT ME ON THE BACK FOR USING OTHER PEOPLES DISCOVERIES TO CLAIM THAT I AM INDEED INTELLIGENT!!! HOORAY FOR ME!!! EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES OR HAS FAITH IS SOOOO FUCKING STUPID COMPARED TO ME!!! I HAVE TO SHOW THEM HOW SUPERIOR I AM TO THEM!!! WEE THIS IS FUCKING FUN!!!

DisAsTerBot
09-10-2015, 08:18 AM
^not whiny

Blake
09-10-2015, 08:35 AM
And that matters to you because.....

Look, you don't believe in god... I get that. You are free to think what you want. I just don't get how something as simple as a car decal would get your panties in a bunch. Especially when the subject is "imaginary". Why the fuck weren't you pissed off at Mr. Rogers Neighborhood and the land of make believe? That shit ain't real. Noone screaming about that? What about cartoons? Noone is screaming that that shit ain't real and needs to be taken off the air.

Uh because nobody is claiming the land of "make believe" is real and putting it on police cars. The title "land of make believe" pretty much says it all.

Blake
09-10-2015, 08:37 AM

WEE THIS IS FUCKING FUN!!!

Lol

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Uh because nobody is claiming the land of "make believe" is real and putting it on police cars. The title "land of make believe" pretty much says it all.

According to you isn't Heaven synonymous with the Land of Make Believe? It really isn't that difficult to make the connection.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Lol

Wow... typical. Never mind the context, and just focus on a single statement.

Blake
09-10-2015, 08:56 AM
According to you isn't Heaven synonymous with the Land of Make Believe? It really isn't that difficult to make the connection.

The disconnect for you is that Christians say heaven is real.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 08:57 AM
The disconnect for you is that Christians say heaven is real.

And that bothers you... why exactly?

Blake
09-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Wow... typical. Never mind the context, and just focus on a single statement.

It's just funny when someone is ranting with the cap lock on right after they tell someone else to grow up.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 09:01 AM
It's just funny when someone is ranting with the cap lock on right after they tell someone else to grow up.

Apparently sarcasm isn't one of your strong suits. I actually find this kind of funny since a majority of anti-theist posts are chalk full of sarcasm.

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:01 AM
And that bothers you... why exactly?

It doesn't bother me if private entities do it. Why does it bother you to take the decals off?

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Apparently sarcasm isn't one of your strong suits. I actually find this kind of funny since a majority of anti-theist posts are chalk full of sarcasm.

Because cap lock sarcasm is so mature.

SnakeBoy
09-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Which atheist slogan is on police cars?

There's nothing on most police cars in this country.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 09:06 AM
There's nothing on most police cars in this country.

ZING!!! LMAO!!!

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 09:09 AM
It doesn't bother me if private entities do it. Why does it bother you to take the decals off?

Well, if things can be removed because of one groups ideology, shouldn't other groups be allowed to put things on because of their ideologies? This is why I feel that atheism is nothing but a supremacist movement.

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:10 AM
ZING!!! LMAO!!!

uh lack of a slogan =/= atheist slogan

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 09:12 AM
uh lack of a slogan =/= atheist slogan

atheism is the lack of belief, therefore the slogan is lacking. LOL!!!

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Well, if things can be removed because of one groups ideology, shouldn't other groups be allowed to put things on because of their ideologies? This is why I feel that atheism is nothing but a supremacist movement.

No they shouldn't. It's a US Constitution thing.

Would you really be cool with "in Allah we trust" on our police cars or dollar bills?

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:13 AM
atheism is the lack of belief, therefore the slogan is lacking. LOL!!!

There's no slogan at all.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 09:13 AM
No they shouldn't. It's a US Constitution thing.

Would you really be cool with "in Allah we trust" on our police cars or dollar bills?

I honestly don't give a shit. You could put "If you use this money you are a faggot" on the dollar bill and I would still use the bitch to get stuff.

Call me a faggot... shit. I will be the faggot drinking his beer.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 09:23 AM
There's no slogan at all.

Exactly Blake.... exactly.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:44 AM
There's nothing on most police cars in this country.I don't know about that. There's a lot of "protect and serve" and the like. The point is there are religious slogans out there on some police cars and no atheist slogans on any police cars -- so on those cars with religious slogans whose agenda is being pushed?

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:44 AM
I honestly don't give a shit. You could put "If you use this money you are a faggot" on the dollar bill and I would still use the bitch to get stuff.

Call me a faggot... shit. I will be the faggot drinking his beer.

there'd be a lot of Christians whining about it for sure. Kim Davis most likely wouldn't accept it as payment for a marriage license if it said that.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:47 AM
If you guys can show me a police department with "There is no God" stickers on their patrol cars, I will concede this thread.

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:48 AM

Well it seems like it would be hard to have a supremacist movement if you don't advertise it

Blake
09-10-2015, 09:50 AM
-- so on those cars with religious slogans whose agenda is being pushed?

the cars without slogans are pushing the atheist supremacist movement agenda tho

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 09:55 AM
the cars without slogans are pushing the atheist supremacist movement agenda thoThey're everywhere! Diabolical!

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2015, 09:58 AM
They're everywhere! Diabolical!

on that we can agree

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 10:00 AM
on that we can agreeOn what?

SnakeBoy
09-10-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't know about that. There's a lot of "protect and serve" and the like. The point is there are religious slogans out there on some police cars and no atheist slogans on any police cars -- so on those cars with religious slogans whose agenda is being pushed?

Srsly you want to debate a joke.

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with. <---sarcasm, no need to debate it

SnakeBoy
09-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Blake is a little slow.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Srsly you want to debate a joke.

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with. <---sarcasm, no need to debate itConsidering at least one other poster in this thread, maybe there is a need.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Well it seems like it would be hard to have a supremacist movement if you don't advertise it

Well, you are trying to remove something. Isn't that advertising it? It is in the media now. Isn't it being advertised?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:08 AM
the cars without slogans are pushing the atheist supremacist movement agenda tho

Well, they are trying to make ALL cars not have those slogans on them. There wouldn't be an issue if atheists weren't so butthurt about another group having a different ideology than their own. Typical supremacist.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Well, they are trying to make ALL cars not have those slogans on them. There wouldn't be an issue if atheists weren't so butthurt about another group having a different ideology than their own. Typical supremacist.What group's ideology is represented on police car decals?

I. Hustle
09-10-2015, 11:14 AM

Just curious, what does Allah translate to?

I think it's hilarious how both of you groups get. Both of you are shoving each other's beliefs on one another and then getting upset.

For you believers, i think you should follow I Corinthians 8:13

Non believers, what does it matter if someone believes in whatever religion? I get the whole decal sticker argument but even if that is taken off, it's not like you won't find something else to complain about.

Both sides are REALLY annoying.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:17 AM
What group's ideology is represented on police car decals?

Believers. Plain and simple.

Why do you care to push the ideology that it doesn't belong there? Because you don't believe. Who gives a shit about what is on a car as long as they do what they are supposed to do.

DisAsTerBot
09-10-2015, 11:19 AM

Why do you care to push the ideology that it doesn't belong there?

because it's a government entity. is this a real question?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:22 AM
This is my problem with atheist supremacists. They think that they are right and everyone else needs to conform to their ideology and spend tons of tax dollars clogging up court systems over fucking words and traditions. Lame.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:23 AM
because it's a government entity. is this a real question?

It is fucking words. Do those words make them stop doing their job? It doesn't fucking matter.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Believers. Plain and simple.So not the actual people of the city.

Why do you care to push the ideology that it doesn't belong there?Why do you care to push the ideology that it does?
Because you don't believe.Don't tell me what I believe.
Who gives a shit about what is on a car as long as they do what they are supposed to do.So you'd be fine with child pornography depicted on police cars.

I'm glad we know you endorse the placement of child pornography on police cars.

People should know you're a believer in these kinds of thing.

I. Hustle
09-10-2015, 11:27 AM
This is my problem with atheist supremacists. They think that they are right and everyone else needs to conform to their ideology and spend tons of tax dollars clogging up court systems over fucking words and traditions. Lame.

That's my EXACT problem with BOTH groups.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:27 AM
So not the actual people of the city.

Why do you care to push the ideology that it does? Don't tell me what I believe.So you'd be fine with child pornography depicted on police cars.

I'm glad we know you endorse the placement of child pornography on police cars.

People should know you're a believer in these kinds of thing.

Is there child pornography on the car?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Telling me not to tell you what you believe and then you proceed to tell me what I believe. LOL!!! Lame.

DisAsTerBot
09-10-2015, 11:30 AM
constitution??? JSUT FUKKING WORDssS!!!! LAME!!!!!

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Is there child pornography on the car?You're fine with it. You're in favor of it as long as they do their jobs.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
That's my EXACT problem with BOTH groups.

I completely agree, however, these guys think I am pushing to have all cars have it on there when in reality I really don't give a shit.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Telling me not to tell you what you believe and then you proceed to tell me what I believe. LOL!!! Lame.http://i.imgur.com/U7Ghu2s.gif

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:32 AM
I completely agree, however, these guys think I am pushing to have all cars have it on there when in reality I really don't give a shit.You'd be fine with child porn on the car.

We know.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:33 AM
You're fine with it. You're in favor of it as long as they do their jobs.

Don't dodge the question. Is there a cop car with child pornography? Show me the proof that it exists.

I. Hustle
09-10-2015, 11:36 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54897195.jpg

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Don't dodge the question. Is there a cop car with child pornography? Show me the proof that it exists.I don't know if one exists and will not look for one. That's your kind of search, apparently.

You're certainly OK with child porn on cop cars though. You said so.

I'm not. It's a very simple belief of mine. You should respect my belief opposing child pron even if you are OK with child porn on police cars.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't know if one exists and will not look for one. That's your kind of search, apparently.

You're certainly OK with child porn on cop cars though. You said so.

I'm not. It's a very simple belief of mine. You should respect my belief opposing child pron even if you are OK with child porn on police cars.

LOL!!! My kind of search huh? The subject of child pornography didn't come up until you brought it up. So we all know who is really thinking about naked kids. Proof is in the pudding that you seem to have a latent desire to use to lure children.

Seee... I can play that game too!!!

So since there is no child pornography on cop cars, I guess that makes your argument completely invalid because you cannot provide evidence. Therefore the topic is irrelevant as the situation does not exist.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Man it is hilarious watching people get so bent out of shape over something that they think doesn't exist. That is madness.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 11:51 AM
LOL!!! My kind of search huh? The subject of child pornography didn't come up until you brought it up. So we all know who is really thinking about naked kids. Proof is in the pudding that you seem to have a latent desire to use to lure children.

Seee... I can play that game too!!!

So since there is no child pornography on cop cars, I guess that makes your argument completely invalid because you cannot provide evidence. Therefore the topic is irrelevant as the situation does not exist.All the evidence that you are fine with child pornography on police cars was provided by you.

Why do you care to push the ideology that it doesn't belong there? Because you don't believe. Who gives a shit about what is on a car as long as they do what they are supposed to do.
I care what is on a police car; e.g., I don't want something like child pornography on a police car.

Do you really not care if there is child pornography on a police car?

Blake
09-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Blake is a little slow.

Lol I got his claim of atheist supremacist movement just fine.

The cars are blank! Atheists in our faces!

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Naturally I care. That is a moral issue. Don't be ridiculous.

I just don't understand how a slogan about putting trust in god could equate to child pornography. I really have no clue how you made that kind of connection.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Naturally I care. That is a moral issue. Don't be ridiculous.

I just don't understand how a slogan about putting trust in god could equate to child pornography. I really have no clue how you made that kind of connection.You made a stupid blanket statement about not caring what is on police cars.

I showed you the error of your ways and saved you from your own wicked thoughts.

You're welcome.

Blake
09-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Man it is hilarious watching people get so bent out of shape over something that they think doesn't exist. That is madness.

funny I think it's hilarious watching people like you get bent out of shape but pretending you're not.

Avante
09-10-2015, 12:05 PM
I can't imagine the motivation behind having nothing in your life but those hard cold scientific theories. How bland is that? All around you you see churchs, religious holidays, hell, "In God We Trust" on your money. Why figt it so hard, you gain what being...."you can't fool me"...when all those around simply don't worry about being fooled.

I pity these atheists, so simple, so bland.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 12:08 PM
You made a stupid blanket statement about not caring what is on police cars.

I showed you the error of your ways and saved you from your own wicked thoughts.

You're welcome.

I believe I mentioned earlier that atheists just want pats on the back and attention. This statement proves that perhaps I am correct.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Oh no!!! That police department trusts in God!!!! Whatever shall we do!!! I know!!! Let's clog the court system and waste tax dollars to make them remove it!!!

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2015, 12:15 PM
What I don't get is you trust these guys with guns but care what their car believes in.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 12:21 PM
I believe I mentioned earlier that atheists just want pats on the back and attention. This statement proves that perhaps I am correct.Who said I was an atheist?

Oh no!!! That police department trusts in God!!!! Whatever shall we do!!! I know!!! Let's clog the court system and waste tax dollars to make them remove it!!!Let's waste taxpayer money on decals that have nothing to do with anything!

Explain to me why there should be such a decal on any police car.

Blake
09-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I believe I mentioned earlier that atheists just want pats on the back and attention. This statement proves that perhaps I am correct.

What do you think the Christians that put the decals on the police cars want? I think they want attention and a pat on the back.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Who said I was an atheist?

Let's waste taxpayer money on decals that have nothing to do with anything!

Explain to me why there should be such a decal on any police car.

Wouldn't you feel more comfortable and more trusting with people in position of authority who share the same basic ideals of your own? Of course you would, otherwise atheists wouldn't be bitching about what is on the cars.

It is common sense. More people could be more trusting of the police simply because there are more believers than non believers.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 01:48 PM
What do you think the Christians that put the decals on the police cars want? I think they want attention and a pat on the back.

Read my reply post to chump.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't you feel more comfortable and more trusting with people in position of authority who share the same basic ideals of your own? Of course you would, otherwise atheists wouldn't be bitching about what is on the cars.You have no idea why people don't want god phrases on cars.

It is common sense. More people could be more trusting of the police simply because there are more believers than non believersIt's not common sense at all. It's merely an advertisement of a lifestyle that people like you want to push on other people. You are worse than what you claim the atheists to be. There are plenty of believers who don't want belief advertised on government vehicles.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 01:55 PM
You have no idea why people don't want god phrases on cars.

It's not common sense at all. It's merely an advertisement of a lifestyle that people like you want to push on other people. You are worse than what you claim the atheists to be. There are plenty of believers who don't want belief advertised on government vehicles.

How is it advertised. Are they going around trying to convert people or something? No. They are simply showing their stance. It is no different than a person wearing a fucking t-shirt of something they are a fan of. Advertising???? REALLY!?! GTFOH with that shit.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 01:58 PM
FREEZE!!! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!! FIRST WE NEED TO GO THE CHURCH FOR MANDATORY PRAYER BEFORE WE READ YOU YOUR RIGHTS BECAUSE GOD'S LAW COMES FIRST!!!

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 01:58 PM
If cops did that, then I could understand your beef.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:00 PM
How is it advertised. Are they going around trying to convert people or something? No. They are simply showing their stance.By advertising it on a car.
It is no different than a person wearing a fucking t-shirt of something they are a fan of.It is completely different.
Advertising???? REALLY!?! GTFOH with that shit.lol you're getting all caps mad.

It's advertising.

advertise
verb ad·ver·tise \ˈad-vər-ˌtīz\
: to make the public aware of something (such as a product) that is being sold

: to make a public announcement (in a newspaper, on the Internet, etc.) about something that is wanted or available

: to cause people to notice (something)
Shrinkflation: how things get smaller
but cost the same »
ad·ver·tisedad·ver·tis·ing
Full Definition of ADVERTISE

transitive verb
: to make something known to : notify
a : to make publicly and generally known <advertising their readiness to make concessions>
b : to announce publicly especially by a printed notice or a broadcast
c : to call public attention to especially by emphasizing desirable qualities so as to arouse a desire to buy or patronize : promote

Pretty simple.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Wouldn't you feel more comfortable and more trusting with people in position of authority who share the same basic ideals of your own? Of course you would, otherwise atheists wouldn't be bitching about what is on the cars.

It is common sense. More people could be more trusting of the police simply because there are more believers than non believers.

that's not common sense at all. in fact, that's a logical fallacy tbh.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
They are simply showing their stance.

Using public tax dollars.

and frankly, they shouldn't have a religious stance.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:11 PM
1. They are not selling anything.

2. They are not saying that you want it, or it is available.

It is definitely there to be noticed though in the transitive form, but in no way to promote faith in god. Just to acknowledge it.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
1. They are not selling anything.

2. They are not saying that you want it, or it is available.

It is definitely there to be noticed though in the transitive form, but in no way to promote faith in god. Just to acknowledge it.Of course it's promoting it.

Don't be disingenuous.

Just take off the stickers. It's so simple.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Read my reply post to chump.

so you're saying they want the general public to be more trusting.

Do you believe muslims trust them more or less with those decals? I think less imo.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM

There are 10 people. 8 are believers and 2 are not. Of those 10 people, only 2 are not comfortable trusting you because of a car decal. 8 people are more inclined to trust you because of similar ideals as depicted by the decal.

Where is the fallacy? You already proven that you are less trusting of the cops because their ideals differ from your own. How did you prove it??? You want it removed.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
so you're saying they want the general public to be more trusting.

Do you believe muslims trust them more or less with those decals? I think less imo.

How many Christians are there in the US than muslims?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Of course it's promoting it.

Don't be disingenuous.

Just take off the stickers. It's so simple.

It would be simpler to leave them on and not whine about it.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:19 PM
There are 10 people. 8 are believers and 2 are not. Of those 10 people, only 2 are not comfortable trusting you because of a car decal. 8 people are more inclined to trust you because of similar ideals as depicted by the decal.How do you prove anyone is more trusting of anyone because of a decal? There are thousands of believers who have been convicted of heinous crimes.

Where is the fallacy? You already proven that you are less trusting of the cops because their ideals differ from your own. How did you prove it??? You want it removed.no God decal = no decal related trust issue with anyone

It's so simple. Why can't you understand that?

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:20 PM
It would be simpler to leave them on and not whine about it.No, it wouldn't. you still have decal related issues.

No decals, no decal related issues.

It's so simple.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Stop worrying about a retarded decal and there wouldn't be any issues.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Things would be so much simpler if atheists would mind their own business and quit being such giant douches about every little thing that doesn't fit in with their value system.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:26 PM
There are 10 people. 8 are believers and 2 are not. Of those 10 people, only 2 are not comfortable trusting you because of a car decal. 8 people are more inclined to trust you because of similar ideals as depicted by the decal.

Where is the fallacy? You already proven that you are less trusting of the cops because their ideals differ from your own. How did you prove it??? You want it removed.

the fallacy is you pushing your appeal to the masses off as common sense fact instead of just being your opinion.

best scenario in my opinion is just do an honest job as a policeman with no religious advertising on your car.

That way you can have people trust you more objectively without any preconceived religious bias for or against you.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:28 PM
the fallacy is you pushing your appeal to the masses off as common sense fact instead of just being your opinion.

Or better yet, do an honest job as a policeman with no religious advertising on your car.

That way you can have people trust you more objectively without any preconceived religious bias for or against you.

Ok, go to Mecca and shout out Allah is a lie. Odds are that you won't do such a thing because it could be dangerously offensive right? Are you not exercising common sense that your opinion is not a popular one therefore must be kept to yourself?

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Things would be so much simpler if atheists would mind their own business and quit being such giant douches about every little thing that doesn't fit in with their value system.

Actually it's Christians that aren't minding their own business and being giant douches about things that don't fit their value system.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Stop worrying about a retarded decal and there wouldn't be any issues.As much as you want to control other people's thoughts and feelings, you can't

Things would be so much simpler if atheists would mind their own business and quit being such giant douches about every little thing that doesn't fit in with their value system.Government advertising is everyone's business.

Just get rid of God decals. Problem solved.

No God decal-related problem has ever happened from the absence of a God decal on a cop car.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Ok, go to Mecca and shout out Allah is a lie. Odds are that you won't do such a thing because it could be dangerously offensive right? Are you not exercising common sense that your opinion is not a popular one therefore must be kept to yourself?

but am I wrong that Allah is a lie?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:32 PM
As much as you want to control other people's thoughts and feelings, you can't

Government advertising is everyone's business.

No God decal-related problem has ever happened from the absence of a God decal on a cop car.

Ok, then why is Obama in office "advertising" insurance?

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
That's a huge strawman by the way

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Ok, then why is Obama in office "advertising" insurance?

We're talking about religious advertising..

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:34 PM
but am I wrong that Allah is a lie?

That wasn't the question now was it. Does your common sense dictate that it is indeed a bad idea? That is the question the scenario was asking.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:36 PM
We're talking about religious advertising..

Then aren't you all trying to advertise atheism by wanting it removed?

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Ok, then why is Obama in office "advertising" insurance?What religion is insurance?

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Then aren't you all trying to advertise atheism by wanting it removed?Nope. There would be no advertisement of any belief or lack thereof.

Trainwreck2100
09-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Ironic coming from Mr. Hasty Generalization

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:46 PM
As much as you want to control other people's thoughts and feelings, you can't

Government advertising is everyone's business.

With that same logic, these problems wouldn't happen if one of the groups eliminated the other.

So basically... the theists need to remove the atheists so there wouldn't be any problem. On the other side, the atheist needs to eliminate the theist so there wouldn't be any problem.

Yep... that is the way to peaceful living in an equal environment.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:49 PM
That wasn't the question now was it. Does your common sense dictate that it is indeed a bad idea? That is the question the scenario was asking.

Your scenario is an international goal post move. Of course it's dangerous now to do something like that in Mecca. Doesn't mean I shouldn't have the right to do it.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Ironic coming from Mr. Hasty Generalization

What hasty generalization are you referring to

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Your scenario is an international goal post move. Of course it's dangerous now to do something like that in Mecca. Doesn't mean I shouldn't have the right to do it.

So shouldn't it be well within the rights of the cops putting those stickers on their cruisers? You want the right to be able to say something like that. So the cops shouldn't have that same right?

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Then aren't you all trying to advertise atheism by wanting it removed?

No.

You're basically saying that any car driving around without decals is advertising atheism.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 02:56 PM
No.

You're basically saying that any car driving around without decals is advertising atheism.

No. The act of wanting them removed is advertising atheism.

Blake
09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
So shouldn't it be well within the rights of the cops putting those stickers on their cruisers? You want the right to be able to say something like that. So the cops shouldn't have that same right?

No because the cruisers are paid for with public funding. They do not have the right to use public property this capacity to advertise their religious beliefs.

Blake
09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
No. The act of wanting them removed is advertising atheism.

No, it's not wanting an established religion pushed on the public per the constitution.

RD2191
09-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Rob pls :cry
:lol

RD2191
09-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Why are atheists so salty about a sticker expressing belief in a "make belief" God? How can something that doesn't exist offend you? If the sticker said "in Zeus we trust" would atheists care?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Why are atheists so salty about a sticker expressing belief in a "make belief" God? How can something that doesn't exist offend you? If the sticker said "in Zeus we trust" would atheists care?

Because it hurts their feelings that people still do things that differ from their ideology. Especially since they are so smart and know better than everyone else.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Nope. There would be no advertisement of any belief or lack thereof.

Then why do you want it removed?

RD2191
09-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Because it hurts their feelings that people still do things that differ from their ideology. Especially since they are so smart and know better than everyone else.

I think it's because deep down inside they know that God does exist. Why else would anyone go through so much trouble to prove that something doesn't exist? It doesn't make sense at all. I mean it's pretty well established that the Easter bunny doesn't exist yet I don't see people trying to take the Easter bunny down.:lol

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:12 PM
With that same logic, these problems wouldn't happen if one of the groups eliminated the other.

So basically... the theists need to remove the atheists so there wouldn't be any problem. On the other side, the atheist needs to eliminate the theist so there wouldn't be any problem.

Yep... that is the way to peaceful living in an equal environment.So your solution is genocide.

You aren't making Christians look good here.

The simple solution is no God decals.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Then why do you want it removed?Because tax money shouldn't go to advertising God on cop cars.

What part of that do you still not understand?

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
No. The act of wanting them removed is advertising atheism.Nope.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Because tax money shouldn't go to advertising God on cop cars.

What part of that do you still not understand?

The part where having that on the cop car makes you want to go to church against your will.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:16 PM
The part where having that on the cop car makes you want to go to church against your will.Straw man fallacy.

You aren't good at this at all.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:18 PM
So your solution is genocide.

It isn't my solution. It is simply a larger version of your logic path.

My solution is simple. Grow a pair and stop being offended at every little thing or perceived slights. I swear this reminds me of that "I was raped when I was still in the womb" video.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Straw man fallacy.

You aren't good at this at all.

Well, it is advertising God and promoting god right? So you must feel compelled to do it. If it were indeed a strawman, you would be in the "i don't give a fuck" crowd like myself.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM
In the end... it is just a fucking bumper sticker. A bumper sticker. I see all kinds of offensive bumper stickers all over the place and I am not bitching about it. That is their prerogative and not mine.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:28 PM
"I was raped, when I read a bumper sticker on a cop car fender."

"I was raped, when my wife called me a sex god."

"I was raped, when I saw a church giving food to the poor."

"I was raped, when my friend thanked God for his unlikely recovery from illness."

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:34 PM
It isn't my solution. It is simply a larger version of your logic path..My logic path stops at God decals on cars.

Simple.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:35 PM
In the end... it is just a fucking bumper sticker. A bumper sticker. I see all kinds of offensive bumper stickers all over the place and I am not bitching about it. That is their prerogative and not mine.we're not talking about private citizens' bumper stickers.

Try to keep up with the adults.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Well, it is advertising God and promoting god right? So you must feel compelled to do it. If it were indeed a strawman, you would be in the "i don't give a fuck" crowd like myself.But you do give a fuck about God advertising. you've been defending advertising god on cop cars all day.

Brazil
09-10-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm bored so why not starting a back and forth with chump about atheism...it has never been done before

I. Hustle
09-10-2015, 03:51 PM
No, it's not wanting an established religion pushed on the public per the constitution.

I agree. Those bumper stickers have been converting people by the droves. When people see it they automatically break down and start believing in Christianity.

Take those stickers down now!

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Pretty much spot on.

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Is it a bumper sticker?

xellos88330
09-10-2015, 03:55 PM
But you do give a fuck about God advertising. you've been defending advertising god on cop cars all day.

Ummm no. I give a fuck about it being just a bumper sticker. I am a believer and still look at it as only a bumper sticker.

Blake
09-10-2015, 04:03 PM

Yes they would. So would Christians.

Blake
09-10-2015, 04:05 PM
I agree. Those bumper stickers have been converting people by the droves. When people see it they automatically break down and start believing in Christianity.

Take those stickers down now!

would you be cool if tax dollars were used to put decals on that said "in satan we trust"

Blake
09-10-2015, 04:08 PM
In the end... it is just a fucking bumper sticker. A bumper sticker. I see all kinds of offensive bumper stickers all over the place and I am not bitching about it. That is their prerogative and not mine.

what offensive stickers do you see on cop cars

Blake
09-10-2015, 04:09 PM
"I was raped, when I read a bumper sticker on a cop car fender."

"I was raped, when my wife called me a sex god."

"I was raped, when I saw a church giving food to the poor."

"I was raped, when my friend thanked God for his unlikely recovery from illness."

Wut

I. Hustle
09-10-2015, 04:17 PM
would you be cool if tax dollars were used to put decals on that said "in satan we trust"

Doesn't affect me. It's not like the cops are there when I need them. Since I don't break the law I don't encounter them that way either.

You missed that comeback on me, partner. I honestly didn't even notice it was on the cars.

I. Hustle
09-10-2015, 04:18 PM
what offensive stickers do you see on cop cars

To protect and serve.

Blake
09-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Doesn't affect me. It's not like the cops are there when I need them. Since I don't break the law I don't encounter them that way either.

You missed that comeback on me, partner. I honestly didn't even notice it was on the cars.

Well for me, I don't like to see tax dollars wasted on silly, unconstitutional stuff.

DMC
09-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Dense huh? If it isn't about the word "god" then why the fuck does a decal bother you so fucking much?

It's not about bother. It's about secularism. Do you even know what that means? Separation between religious and state matters. Would you want an Imam running the country? Do you want to answer to religious leaders? Would you like the 10 Commandments to be made into law? If not, ask yourself why. That's god.

Atheism is just a supremacist group trying to ban everything that they don't agree with.

Well no, that would be the Baptists.

Oh no!!! This car has "In God we Trust" written on it. This must mean that the ENTIRE police force is under the influence of mass delusion and it needs to be remedied!!! Oh no!!! Someone said "god"!!! That is soooooo terrible!!! Someone doesn't believe in evolution!!! OH NO!!!

You are free to tattoo the word "god" on your forehead because I don't pay taxes for it. What I do pay for should not be used to invoke a religious sentiment. Can a police car not be effective unless it has "god" written on it? What kind of faggot would write that on a police car anyhow? A religious one. What if he was Muslim? Could he write "Alah u Akbar" on it? Would you be ok with that? Of course not.

Look who's talking, the invisible sky daddy defender.

ChumpDumper
09-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Ummm no. I give a fuck about it being just a bumper sticker. I am a believer and still look at it as only a bumper sticker.So you have no problem with removing them.

Alright. We've resolved this issue.

BD24
09-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Xellos having a full on meltdown jesus lol.

Quetzal-X
09-11-2015, 12:10 AM
So your solution is genocide.

Christians are fucking great at genocide tbh.

No genocide, no 'murica tbh

Joseph Kony
09-11-2015, 12:57 AM
xellos can I put a bumper sticker on your car that says "I enjoy steamy loads in my asshole" and you be cool with it tbh? just a bumper sticker imo

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 11:07 AM
xellos can I put a bumper sticker on your car that says "I enjoy steamy loads in my asshole" and you be cool with it tbh? just a bumper sticker imo

It is still just a bumper sticker.

Oh, wait. You are one of those people who think that because you read something it must be fact. HAHAHA!!! What a sad state of existence you are in.

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 11:08 AM
So you have no problem with removing them.

Alright. We've resolved this issue.

They aren't the ones with the problem. Your camp is. Why don't YOU take them off if they bother you so much? It is easy remember?

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Xellos having a full on meltdown jesus lol.

Definitely not a meltdown. I am just having a great time. If I were melting down, I probably wouldn't be posting because my comp would be destroyed.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2015, 11:12 AM
They aren't the ones with the problem. Your camp is. Why don't YOU take them off if they bother you so much? It is easy remember?
I'd be glad to if allowed. Is that the only thing keeping them from being removed?

ChumpDumper
09-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Duplicate

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd be glad to if allowed. Is that the only thing keeping them from being removed?

Well, it sure as hell isn't me keeping them on. I just don't see the point whether they are on or off. It doesn't bother me. I see offensive crap on bumper stickers all over the place. I also don't believe that the bumper sticker is malicious in nature. I can understand the outrage if those stickers were REQUIRED to be on there because according to the first amendment, no law can be passed to promote religious agenda. If those stickers helps the cops feel safe from harm, then shouldn't we let them? Especially after all of the anti-cop propaganda that is out there. I mean, you most likely aren't a cop, and neither am I. We aren't risking our safety to ensure the safety of others. If we were, we would most likely want to at least have the feeling of being secure and safe with all this bullshit backlash against the police.

At the same time, you aren't a cop who believes in God. How could you possibly understand? You can only see one perspective and that is your own. I have immediate family members who are law enforcement officers and some of the shit they tell me, I can understand why they would feel inclined to place that bumper sticker on their cruiser.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Well, it sure as hell isn't me keeping them on. I just don't see the point whether they are on or off. It doesn't bother me. I see offensive crap on bumper stickers all over the place. I also don't believe that the bumper sticker is malicious in nature. I can understand the outrage if those stickers were REQUIRED to be on there because according to the first amendment, no law can be passed to promote religious agenda. If those stickers helps the cops feel safe from harm, then shouldn't we let them? Especially after all of the anti-cop propaganda that is out there. I mean, you most likely aren't a cop, and neither am I. We aren't risking our safety to ensure the safety of others. If we were, we would most likely want to at least have the feeling of being secure and safe with all this bullshit backlash against the police.So it doesn't matter to you at all.

Great.

Then you have no objection to their being taken off.

And you said you aren't a cop so don't try to speak for them. That's extremely arrogant of you.

Problem resolved.

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 01:23 PM
So it doesn't matter to you at all.

Great.

And you said you aren't a cop so don't try to speak for them. That's extremely arrogant of you.

Problem resolved.

I have family that are in law enforcement (I just edited my post.) You might want to reread it. :P

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 01:24 PM
So it doesn't matter to you at all.

Great.

Problem resolved.

You also aren't a cop, so don't try to tell them how to do their job and speak for them either.

Problem fully resolved.

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 01:26 PM
I care about the officers. Not a bumper sticker. Perhaps you should do the same. You never know, they could save your life one day.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2015, 01:53 PM
I care about the officers. Not a bumper sticker. Perhaps you should do the same. You never know, they could save your life one day.if you don't care about stickers, you are fine with their not being on the cars.

Resolved.

Quetzal-X
09-11-2015, 02:15 PM
If they really feel safe from harm by a putting a decal on their vehicle-well shit, maybe they need some type of psyche testing. Also maybe they can transfer to an office position if they feel stickerless cars put them at a disadvantage. Maybe even change careers to a less stressful job.

Blake
09-11-2015, 02:40 PM
You also aren't a cop, so don't try to tell them how to do their job and speak for them either.

Problem fully resolved.

It's not their job to use tax dollars to pay for religious bumper stickers. You still don't get the problem.

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 05:08 PM
It's not their job to use tax dollars to pay for religious bumper stickers. You still don't get the problem.

LMAO!!! You seriously need to research before you spout who has the problem or not. The stickers were privately funded and weren't paid for by the city. But hey... lets spend tax dollars to take them to court and make them take it off.

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 05:10 PM
If they really feel safe from harm by a putting a decal on their vehicle-well shit, maybe they need some type of psyche testing. Also maybe they can transfer to an office position if they feel stickerless cars put them at a disadvantage. Maybe even change careers to a less stressful job.

Perhaps you need some psychology classes before you start saying people need psyche testing. Oh wait... you are superior because you are not a believer right?

xellos88330
09-11-2015, 05:11 PM
if you don't care about stickers, you are fine with their not being on the cars.

Resolved.

Yep. The stickers are already on the car. No point in removing them unless those that complain about them take them off themselves.

BD24
09-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Definitely not a meltdown. I am just having a great time. If I were melting down, I probably wouldn't be posting because my comp would be destroyed.
So you believe in god, yet you want to take everything literally? Tell me how does that work for you?

Blake
09-12-2015, 10:27 AM
LMAO!!! You seriously need to research before you spout who has the problem or not. The stickers were privately funded and weren't paid for by the city. But hey... lets spend tax dollars to take them to court and make them take it off.

Smh. Op:

" Gary Parsons, the sheriff in Lee County in Virginia, said his office spent a total of $50 to have the decals added to about 25 vehicles."

and who paid for the cop cars?

DMC
09-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Tax dollars are spent to put them on. Who paid their salaries while they were out putting stickers on cars?

You ignore very relevant questions because answering them exposes your ignorance, bias and predisposition to believe nonsense.

It's amazing how you want to defend something that ignores common fucking sense.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Yep. The stickers are already on the car. No point in removing them unless those that complain about them take them off themselves.No, that isn't how it works. It's not a bumper sticker. Don't be even more stupid about this.

Joseph Kony
09-13-2015, 12:38 AM
It is still just a bumper sticker.

Oh, wait. You are one of those people who think that because you read something it must be fact. HAHAHA!!! What a sad state of existence you are in.

lol tard. you've never interacted with me before, stfu son :lol

phyzik
09-13-2015, 03:46 AM
I think I might sneak around and put bumper stickers on cop cars that say "Satan is the Almighty!"

Let's see how people react to that.

Quetzal-X
09-13-2015, 03:54 AM
"In God[s]We Trust"

Chris
09-13-2015, 04:33 AM
xellos8830 doing the Lord's work in here, got some of ya'll squirming tbh :lol You can't save them all xellos, but we can certainly pray for them to find their paths. Chump and Blake like facts, so here's a few facts for you take in while you're busy being offended.

"In God we trust" as a national motto and on U.S. currency has been the subject of numerous unsuccessful lawsuits. The motto was first challenged in Aronow v. United States in 1970, but the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled: "It is quite obvious that the national motto and the slogan on coinage and currency 'In God We Trust' has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise." The decision was cited in Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow, a 2004 case on the Pledge of Allegiance. These acts of "ceremonial deism" are "protected from Establishment Clause scrutiny chiefly because they have lost through rote repetition any significant religious content." In Zorach v. Clauson (1952), the Supreme Court also held that the nation's "institutions presuppose a Supreme Being" and that government recognition of God does not constitute the establishment of a state church as the Constitution's authors intended to prohibit.
Aside from constitutional objections, President Theodore Roosevelt took issue with using the motto on coinage as he considered using God's name on money to be sacrilege.

The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase received many appeals from devout persons throughout the country, urging that the United States recognize the Deity on United States coins. From Treasury Department records, it appears that the first such appeal came in a letter dated November 13, 1861. It was written to Secretary Chase by Rev. M. R. Watkinson, Minister of the Gospel from Ridleyville, Pennsylvania, and read:

Dear Sir: You are about to submit your annual report to the Congress respecting the affairs of the national finances.

One fact touching our currency has hitherto been seriously overlooked. I mean the recognition of the Almighty God in some form on our coins.

You are probably a Christian. What if our Republic were not shattered beyond reconstruction? Would not the antiquaries of succeeding centuries rightly reason from our past that we were a heathen nation? What I propose is that instead of the goddess of liberty we shall have next inside the 13 stars a ring inscribed with the words PERPETUAL UNION; within the ring the allseeing eye, crowned with a halo; beneath this eye the American flag, bearing in its field stars equal to the number of the States united; in the folds of the bars the words GOD, LIBERTY, LAW.

This would make a beautiful coin, to which no possible citizen could object. This would relieve us from the ignominy of heathenism. This would place us openly under the Divine protection we have personally claimed. From my hearth I have felt our national shame in disowning God as not the least of our present national disasters.

To you first I address a subject that must be agitated.

As a result, Secretary Chase instructed James Pollock, Director of the Mint at Philadelphia, to prepare a motto, in a letter dated November 20, 1861:

Dear Sir: No nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins.

You will cause a device to be prepared without unnecessary delay with a motto expressing in the fewest and tersest words possible this national recognition.

It was found that the Act of Congress dated January 18, 1837, prescribed the mottoes and devices that should be placed upon the coins of the United States. This meant that the mint could make no changes without the enactment of additional legislation by the Congress. In December 1863, the Director of the Mint submitted designs for new one-cent coin, two-cent coin, and three-cent coin to Secretary Chase for approval. He proposed that upon the designs either OUR COUNTRY; OUR GOD or GOD, OUR TRUST should appear as a motto on the coins. In a letter to the Mint Director on December 9, 1863, Secretary Chase stated:

I approve your mottoes, only suggesting that on that with the Washington obverse the motto should begin with the word OUR, so as to read OUR GOD AND OUR COUNTRY. And on that with the shield, it should be changed so as to read: IN GOD WE TRUST.

The Congress passed the Act of April 22, 1864. This legislation changed the composition of the one-cent coin and authorized the minting of the two-cent coin. The Mint Director was directed to develop the designs for these coins for final approval of the Secretary. IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin.

Another Act of Congress passed on March 3, 1865. It allowed the Mint Director, with the Secretary's approval, to place the motto on all gold and silver coins that "shall admit the inscription thereon." Under the Act, the motto was placed on the gold double-eagle coin, the gold eagle coin, and the gold half-eagle coin. It was also placed on the silver dollar coin, the half-dollar coin and the quarter-dollar coin, and on the nickel three-cent coin beginning in 1866. Later, Congress passed the Coinage Act of February 12, 1873. It also said that the Secretary "may cause the motto IN GOD WE TRUST to be inscribed on such coins as shall admit of such motto."

The use of IN GOD WE TRUST has not been uninterrupted. The motto disappeared from the five-cent coin in 1883, and did not reappear until production of the Jefferson nickel began in 1938. Since 1938, all United States coins bear the inscription. Later, the motto was found missing from the new design of the double-eagle gold coin and the eagle gold coin shortly after they appeared in 1907. In response to a general demand, Congress ordered it restored, and the Act of May 18, 1908, made it mandatory on all coins upon which it had previously appeared. IN GOD WE TRUST was not mandatory on the one-cent coin and five-cent coin. It could be placed on them by the Secretary or the Mint Director with the Secretary's approval.

The motto has been in continuous use on the one-cent coin since 1909, and on the ten-cent coin since 1916. It also has appeared on all gold coins and silver dollar coins, half-dollar coins, and quarter-dollar coins struck since July 1, 1908.

A law passed by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by the President on July 30, 1956, the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress, declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States. IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate. The first paper currency bearing the motto entered circulation on October 1, 1957. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) was converting to the dry intaglio printing process. During this conversion, it gradually included IN GOD WE TRUST in the back design of all classes and denominations of currency.

As a part of a comprehensive modernization program the BEP successfully developed and installed new high-speed rotary intaglio printing presses in 1957. These allowed BEP to print currency by the dry intaglio process, 32 notes to the sheet. One-dollar silver certificates were the first denomination printed on the new high-speed presses. They included IN GOD WE TRUST as part of the reverse design as BEP adopted new dies according to the law. The motto also appeared on one-dollar silver certificates of the 1957-A and 1957-B series.

BEP prints United States paper currency by an intaglio process from engraved plates. It was necessary, therefore, to engrave the motto into the printing plates as a part of the basic engraved design to give it the prominence it deserved.

One-dollar silver certificates series 1935, 1935-A, 1935-B, 1935-C, 1935-D, 1935-E, 1935-F, 1935-G, and 1935-H were all printed on the older flat-bed presses by the wet intaglio process. P.L. 84-140 recognized that an enormous expense would be associated with immediately replacing the costly printing plates. The law allowed BEP to gradually convert to the inclusion of IN GOD WE TRUST on the currency. Accordingly, the motto is not found on series 1935-E and 1935-F one-dollar notes. By September 1961, IN GOD WE TRUST had been added to the back design of the Series 1935-G notes. Some early printings of this series do not bear the motto. IN GOD WE TRUST appears on all series 1935-H one-dollar silver certificates.

Below is a listing by denomination of the first production and delivery dates for currency bearing IN GOD WE TRUST:
DENOMINATION PRODUCTION DELIVERY
$1 Federal Reserve Note February 12, 1964 March 11, 1964
$5 United States Note January 23, 1964 March 2, 1964
$5 Federal Reserve Note July 31, 1964 September 16, 1964
$10 Federal Reserve Note February 24, 1964 April 24, 1964
$20 Federal Reserve Note October 7, 1964 October 7, 1964
$50 Federal Reserve Note August 24, 1966 September 28, 1966
$100 Federal Reserve Note August 18, 1966 September 27, 1966

xellos88330
09-13-2015, 07:53 AM
lol tard. you've never interacted with me before, stfu son :lol

You have never interacted with me either. Practice what you preach boy.

xellos88330
09-13-2015, 07:59 AM
So you believe in god, yet you want to take everything literally? Tell me how does that work for you?

Definitely believe in God, but don't take everything literally. No fun in that.

You want examples of people who take things literally.... look at the ones bitching about a damn bumper sticker.

xellos88330
09-13-2015, 07:59 AM
I think I might sneak around and put bumper stickers on cop cars that say "Satan is the Almighty!"

Let's see how people react to that.

I would most likely laugh my ass off.

xellos88330
09-13-2015, 08:03 AM
No, that isn't how it works. It's not a bumper sticker. Don't be even more stupid about this.

Looks like a bumper sticker to me. You say God doesn't exist because he simply doesn't exist within the confines of our current knowledge. So I am curious how you can say that a bumper sticker is not a bumper sticker. I would love an explanation for that. Especially when I can clearly see a bumper sticker.

xellos88330
09-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Tax dollars are spent to put them on. Who paid their salaries while they were out putting stickers on cars?

You ignore very relevant questions because answering them exposes your ignorance, bias and predisposition to believe nonsense.

It's amazing how you want to defend something that ignores common fucking sense.

LMAO!!! So a person cannot do what they want to with their own salary now?

How in the hell is that not a supremacist statement? I am ignorant and biased huh? You are the one trying to force a person to spend money that they have risked their life to earn in service to the community in a way that YOU deem correct.

xellos88330
09-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Smh. Op:

" Gary Parsons, the sheriff in Lee County in Virginia, said his office spent a total of $50 to have the decals added to about 25 vehicles."

and who paid for the cop cars?

They also received funding and donations from private citizens in amounts GREATER than $50.

I don't know about you, but I donate to the blue regularly and it is most definitely more than $50 annually. Not all money the police receive is in the form of taxes. Of course, you would know that wouldn't you?

BD24
09-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Definitely believe in God, but don't take everything literally. No fun in that.

You want examples of people who take things literally.... look at the ones bitching about a damn bumper sticker.
Oh REALLY??

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Looks like a bumper sticker to me.It's not, so you can stop calling it a bumper sticker. it's not even on a bumper.
You say God doesn't exist because he simply doesn't exist within the confines of our current knowledge.I never said any such thing. Why do you have to resort to lying?
So I am curious how you can say that a bumper sticker is not a bumper sticker.It's not on a bumper. It's a decal
I would love an explanation for that. Especially when I can clearly see a bumper sticker.Do you call the decal on the door a bumper sticker?

Yes or no.

Just quit lying, OK. What would God think of your lying?

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 11:29 AM
They also received funding and donations from private citizens in amounts GREATER than $50.

I don't know about you, but I donate to the blue regularly and it is most definitely more than $50 annually. Not all money the police receive is in the form of taxes. Of course, you would know that wouldn't you?Do they work for the government?

Yes or no.

No lies, please.

Blake
09-13-2015, 02:31 PM
xellos8830 doing the Lord's work in here, got some of ya'll squirming tbh :lol You can't save them all xellos, but we can certainly pray for them to find their paths. Chump and Blake like facts, so here's a few facts for you take in while you're busy being offended.

"In God we trust" as a national motto and on U.S. currency has been the subject of numerous unsuccessful lawsuits. The motto was first challenged in Aronow v. United States in 1970, but the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled: "It is quite obvious that the national motto and the slogan on coinage and currency 'In God We Trust' has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise." The decision was cited in Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow, a 2004 case on the Pledge of Allegiance. These acts of "ceremonial deism" are "protected from Establishment Clause scrutiny chiefly because they have lost through rote repetition any significant religious content." In Zorach v. Clauson (1952), the Supreme Court also held that the nation's "institutions presuppose a Supreme Being" and that government recognition of God does not constitute the establishment of a state church as the Constitution's authors intended to prohibit.
Aside from constitutional objections, President Theodore Roosevelt took issue with using the motto on coinage as he considered using God's name on money to be sacrilege.

The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War. Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase received many appeals from devout persons throughout the country, urging that the United States recognize the Deity on United States coins. From Treasury Department records, it appears that the first such appeal came in a letter dated November 13, 1861. It was written to Secretary Chase by Rev. M. R. Watkinson, Minister of the Gospel from Ridleyville, Pennsylvania, and read:

Dear Sir: You are about to submit your annual report to the Congress respecting the affairs of the national finances.

One fact touching our currency has hitherto been seriously overlooked. I mean the recognition of the Almighty God in some form on our coins.

You are probably a Christian. What if our Republic were not shattered beyond reconstruction? Would not the antiquaries of succeeding centuries rightly reason from our past that we were a heathen nation? What I propose is that instead of the goddess of liberty we shall have next inside the 13 stars a ring inscribed with the words PERPETUAL UNION; within the ring the allseeing eye, crowned with a halo; beneath this eye the American flag, bearing in its field stars equal to the number of the States united; in the folds of the bars the words GOD, LIBERTY, LAW.

This would make a beautiful coin, to which no possible citizen could object. This would relieve us from the ignominy of heathenism. This would place us openly under the Divine protection we have personally claimed. From my hearth I have felt our national shame in disowning God as not the least of our present national disasters.

To you first I address a subject that must be agitated.

As a result, Secretary Chase instructed James Pollock, Director of the Mint at Philadelphia, to prepare a motto, in a letter dated November 20, 1861:

Dear Sir: No nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins.

You will cause a device to be prepared without unnecessary delay with a motto expressing in the fewest and tersest words possible this national recognition.

It was found that the Act of Congress dated January 18, 1837, prescribed the mottoes and devices that should be placed upon the coins of the United States. This meant that the mint could make no changes without the enactment of additional legislation by the Congress. In December 1863, the Director of the Mint submitted designs for new one-cent coin, two-cent coin, and three-cent coin to Secretary Chase for approval. He proposed that upon the designs either OUR COUNTRY; OUR GOD or GOD, OUR TRUST should appear as a motto on the coins. In a letter to the Mint Director on December 9, 1863, Secretary Chase stated:

I approve your mottoes, only suggesting that on that with the Washington obverse the motto should begin with the word OUR, so as to read OUR GOD AND OUR COUNTRY. And on that with the shield, it should be changed so as to read: IN GOD WE TRUST.

The Congress passed the Act of April 22, 1864. This legislation changed the composition of the one-cent coin and authorized the minting of the two-cent coin. The Mint Director was directed to develop the designs for these coins for final approval of the Secretary. IN GOD WE TRUST first appeared on the 1864 two-cent coin.

Another Act of Congress passed on March 3, 1865. It allowed the Mint Director, with the Secretary's approval, to place the motto on all gold and silver coins that "shall admit the inscription thereon." Under the Act, the motto was placed on the gold double-eagle coin, the gold eagle coin, and the gold half-eagle coin. It was also placed on the silver dollar coin, the half-dollar coin and the quarter-dollar coin, and on the nickel three-cent coin beginning in 1866. Later, Congress passed the Coinage Act of February 12, 1873. It also said that the Secretary "may cause the motto IN GOD WE TRUST to be inscribed on such coins as shall admit of such motto."

The use of IN GOD WE TRUST has not been uninterrupted. The motto disappeared from the five-cent coin in 1883, and did not reappear until production of the Jefferson nickel began in 1938. Since 1938, all United States coins bear the inscription. Later, the motto was found missing from the new design of the double-eagle gold coin and the eagle gold coin shortly after they appeared in 1907. In response to a general demand, Congress ordered it restored, and the Act of May 18, 1908, made it mandatory on all coins upon which it had previously appeared. IN GOD WE TRUST was not mandatory on the one-cent coin and five-cent coin. It could be placed on them by the Secretary or the Mint Director with the Secretary's approval.

The motto has been in continuous use on the one-cent coin since 1909, and on the ten-cent coin since 1916. It also has appeared on all gold coins and silver dollar coins, half-dollar coins, and quarter-dollar coins struck since July 1, 1908.

A law passed by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by the President on July 30, 1956, the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress, declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States. IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate. The first paper currency bearing the motto entered circulation on October 1, 1957. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) was converting to the dry intaglio printing process. During this conversion, it gradually included IN GOD WE TRUST in the back design of all classes and denominations of currency.

As a part of a comprehensive modernization program the BEP successfully developed and installed new high-speed rotary intaglio printing presses in 1957. These allowed BEP to print currency by the dry intaglio process, 32 notes to the sheet. One-dollar silver certificates were the first denomination printed on the new high-speed presses. They included IN GOD WE TRUST as part of the reverse design as BEP adopted new dies according to the law. The motto also appeared on one-dollar silver certificates of the 1957-A and 1957-B series.

BEP prints United States paper currency by an intaglio process from engraved plates. It was necessary, therefore, to engrave the motto into the printing plates as a part of the basic engraved design to give it the prominence it deserved.

One-dollar silver certificates series 1935, 1935-A, 1935-B, 1935-C, 1935-D, 1935-E, 1935-F, 1935-G, and 1935-H were all printed on the older flat-bed presses by the wet intaglio process. P.L. 84-140 recognized that an enormous expense would be associated with immediately replacing the costly printing plates. The law allowed BEP to gradually convert to the inclusion of IN GOD WE TRUST on the currency. Accordingly, the motto is not found on series 1935-E and 1935-F one-dollar notes. By September 1961, IN GOD WE TRUST had been added to the back design of the Series 1935-G notes. Some early printings of this series do not bear the motto. IN GOD WE TRUST appears on all series 1935-H one-dollar silver certificates.

Below is a listing by denomination of the first production and delivery dates for currency bearing IN GOD WE TRUST:
DENOMINATION PRODUCTION DELIVERY
$1 Federal Reserve Note February 12, 1964 March 11, 1964
$5 United States Note January 23, 1964 March 2, 1964
$5 Federal Reserve Note July 31, 1964 September 16, 1964
$10 Federal Reserve Note February 24, 1964 April 24, 1964
$20 Federal Reserve Note October 7, 1964 October 7, 1964
$50 Federal Reserve Note August 24, 1966 September 28, 1966
$100 Federal Reserve Note August 18, 1966 September 27, 1966

Tldr.

to sum up tho: "in God we trust" is an unconstitutional motto.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Yeah, for some reason some Americans got really insecure about their faith in the 20th century and just had to "bumper sticker" money and the pledge of allegiance, etc.

The US did just fine without the mottoes before. Why are the faithful so insecure that they have to put god graffiti on everything?

Clipper Nation
09-13-2015, 03:00 PM
:lol The Founders weren't even religious. Thomas Paine was a militant atheist who alienated so many Bible-thumpers that only six people showed up to his funeral. Thomas Jefferson was a deist who rewrote the Bible to take all the God and Jesus shit out. John Adams was also a deist.

Blake
09-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeah, for some reason some Americans got really insecure about their faith in the 20th century and just had to "bumper sticker" money and the pledge of allegiance, etc.

The US did just fine without the mottoes before. Why are the faithful so insecure that they have to put god graffiti on everything?

Fear of the red commie atheists of the mid 20th century I reckon

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Fear of the red commie atheists of the mid 20th century I reckon Wouldn't god be on our side no matter the bumper stickers on money?

Or would he forget otherwise and let Red Dawn happen?

Blake
09-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Wouldn't god be on our side no matter the bumper stickers on money?

Or would he forget otherwise and let Red Dawn happen?

He'd definitely forget. They need to put the motto on police bullets to invoke Alzheimer God's guiding hand of death.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2015, 06:27 PM
That's a great point.

Engrave god stuff on the bullets and guns. There's no way he would allow a bad shoot.

DMC
09-13-2015, 08:59 PM
LMAO!!! So a person cannot do what they want to with their own salary now?

What? Can you go golfing while being paid to bag groceries you dense motherfucker?

How in the hell is that not a supremacist statement? I am ignorant and biased huh? You are the one trying to force a person to spend money that they have risked their life to earn in service to the community in a way that YOU deem correct.
Stupid Mouse wannabe faggot

xellos88330
09-14-2015, 09:00 AM
What? Can you go golfing while being paid to bag groceries you dense motherfucker?

Stupid Mouse wannabe faggot

No, but I can easily go golfing before or after bagging groceries. But yeah... because it was on the car it HAD to be while he was on duty.

It is such a shame that "intelligent" atheists like yourself show complete lack of vision and make assumptions the same as those with faith. You are so short sighted in your goal to discredit that you refuse to look at all the possibilities out there. I am not saying I am 100% correct, but just that other scenarios exist outside of your linear thought process.

Heh... dense huh? If I am dense, then you must singularity. There is no escape from your dumbness. You might as well give up.

Blake
09-14-2015, 09:31 AM
It is such a shame that "intelligent" atheists like yourself show complete lack of vision and make assumptions the same as those with faith. You are so short sighted in your goal to discredit that you refuse to look at all the possibilities out there.

In Flying Spaghetti Monster We Trust

DMC
09-14-2015, 01:51 PM
No, but I can easily go golfing before or after bagging groceries. But yeah... because it was on the car it HAD to be while he was on duty.

It's not his car.

Does he have that decal on his personal vehicle as well?

It is such a shame that "intelligent" atheists like yourself show complete lack of vision and make assumptions the same as those with faith. You are so short sighted in your goal to discredit that you refuse to look at all the possibilities out there. I am not saying I am 100% correct, but just that other scenarios exist outside of your linear thought process.

All postulates cannot be correct. Even if one of them is, the overwhelming odds for any theist is that they are wrong. At least as an atheist I am not intellectually giving up the asshole for the thorny cock of the religious mantra, nor do I agree with the reward value should any of them be true.

Heh... dense huh? If I am dense, then you must singularity. There is no escape from your dumbness. You might as well give up.
You're not going to troll me into a long winded volley because you don't have the ammunition to return fire.

xellos88330
09-14-2015, 04:20 PM
It's not his car.

Does he have that decal on his personal vehicle as well?

All postulates cannot be correct. Even if one of them is, the overwhelming odds for any theist is that they are wrong. At least as an atheist I am not intellectually giving up the asshole for the thorny cock of the religious mantra, nor do I agree with the reward value should any of them be true.

You're not going to troll me into a long winded volley because you don't have the ammunition to return fire.

So the odds say that theists are wrong, but it isn't a complete conclusion. This means that atheism is based on speculation. Kind of like theists.

DMC
09-14-2015, 05:16 PM
So the odds say that theists are wrong, but it isn't a complete conclusion. This means that atheism is based on speculation. Kind of like theists.

Even your response shows poor reading comprehension or cognitive ability (or shitty trolling attempts). I didn't say odds are that theists are wrong. I said even if one was right, of all the god beliefs, the odds that any particular belief is right is very low. The odds would be against any particular god belief being correct. However, there's only one god disbelief. Your belief doesn't just supposed the existence of a god, it assigns it attributes in order to be considered a god.

Atheism is based on intellectual honesty. We don't know that a god exists, and there's been no compelling argument for or evidence for the existence of one, so it's no different than any other silly assertion. You certainly don't believe Thor exists, I'd hope. That's at least one god who's existence you seem ok with dismissing.

Theists aren't using speculation, and don't try to close ranks with all theists as if Muslims wouldn't cut your head off when you talk about your Jesus as if he's the son of their Allah. Your religion and the other hundreds don't mesh, so you all have atheism toward other suggested god forms.

You're just one of those people who don't understand epistemology, probably have to even look that word up to know what I'm talking about. You think ignorance of something increases the possibility of it being true. It doesn't. Before you walk into a room you've never seen, the walls are the color they are, and you not knowing those colors doesn't mean they can be any color other than what they are. The possibilities aren't "wide open".

Now...bzzzzzz...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Blake
09-14-2015, 05:18 PM
So the odds say that theists are wrong

Then it's especially ridiculous to waste time and money on a motto that's probably wrong.

DMC
09-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Define these words and then tell everyone how they relate to your case if you are theist:

1. possible
2. knowledge
3. god
4. existence

xellos88330
09-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Even your response shows poor reading comprehension or cognitive ability (or shitty trolling attempts). I didn't say odds are that theists are wrong. I said even if one was right, of all the god beliefs, the odds that any particular belief is right is very low. The odds would be against any particular god belief being correct. However, there's only one god disbelief. Your belief doesn't just supposed the existence of a god, it assigns it attributes in order to be considered a god.

Atheism is based on intellectual honesty. We don't know that a god exists, and there's been no compelling argument for or evidence for the existence of one, so it's no different than any other silly assertion. You certainly don't believe Thor exists, I'd hope. That's at least one god who's existence you seem ok with dismissing.

Theists aren't using speculation, and don't try to close ranks with all theists as if Muslims wouldn't cut your head off when you talk about your Jesus as if he's the son of their Allah. Your religion and the other hundreds don't mesh, so you all have atheism toward other suggested god forms.

You're just one of those people who don't understand epistemology, probably have to even look that word up to know what I'm talking about. You think ignorance of something increases the possibility of it being true. It doesn't. Before you walk into a room you've never seen, the walls are the color they are, and you not knowing those colors doesn't mean they can be any color other than what they are. The possibilities aren't "wide open".

Now...bzzzzzz...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

When you are considering our current knowledge compared to what we don't know in the universe, then of course the possibilities are "wide open".

Spurminator
09-16-2015, 03:47 PM
This is funny though.
http://www.clickhole.com/article/proof-god-doesnt-exist-say-hello-man-who-used-be-r-1727?utm_campaign=default&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_source=facebook

Proof That God Doesn’t Exist? Say Hello To The Man Who Used To Be Religious, But Isn’t Anymore

Posted Jan. 19, 2015

http://i.onionstatic.com/clickhole/7035/16x9/640.jpg

Get ready to cry, religion lovers. The debate over the existence of God just might have been put to bed at last. Wichita, KS resident Doug Moran used to believe in God, but doesn’t anymore—is he the elusive living proof that God isn’t real and all religions are made-up?

Evangelical Christians and Muslims alike will be eating their words when they learn about Moran, who was raised in a very strict Catholic family and attended all-boys schools his entire life, and yet somehow lost his faith, no longer believes in God, and has stopped following Catholic doctrine.

In fact, Moran says he’s grown skeptical of whether religion, in general, helps society at all. Good luck explaining that one, creationists!

Need to see it for yourself? Here’s Moran at age 9, receiving Holy Communion at a Catholic Church.

http://i.onionstatic.com/clickhole/7019/original/640.jpg

And yet here he is 20 years later, an avowed agnostic who isn’t sure if any kind of higher power, let alone a single all-powerful God, exists.

http://i.onionstatic.com/clickhole/7036/original/640.jpg

Amazing. Can there be any further doubt that we’re all alone in the universe, without guiding light, lost in a dark infinity?

God really is dead!

Blake
09-16-2015, 04:40 PM
When you are considering our current knowledge compared to what we don't know in the universe, then of course the possibilities are "wide open".

So you're open to the idea of a gay god that's ready to welcome you into his holy bedroom for eternity

DMC
09-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Fold
And it took you how long to come up with that shitty retort?

xellos88330
09-17-2015, 02:05 PM
So you're open to the idea of a gay god that's ready to welcome you into his holy bedroom for eternity

Yes. That would be hell though.

xellos88330
09-17-2015, 02:06 PM
And it took you how long to come up with that shitty retort?

About as long as it took for you to come up with yours.

Blake
09-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Yes. That would be hell though.

Unless you're gay. But then gay God probably would have gone ahead and made everyone gay. So I think it's logical to go ahead and rule out gay God.

Just like we can logically rule out Bible Christian God

Quetzal-X
09-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Bible Christian god is some BULLSHIT!!!

DMC
09-18-2015, 09:27 AM
About as long as it took for you to come up with yours.
All that huffing and puffing must have worn out that squirrel in your head. You got real quiet with just one small pinky sized retort.

xellos88330
09-19-2015, 09:01 AM
All that huffing and puffing must have worn out that squirrel in your head. You got real quiet with just one small pinky sized retort.

Nope, I just have a life.

It is hilarious that you seem to believe that I stopped posting because of something you wrote. Atheist arrogance strikes again! Well, you can have your atheism if you only use it to pat yourself on the back and claim "superiority" even if only by association with their ideals.

You can go ahead and say god doesn't exist even though we can't even figure out how many species are on our own planet. You know, because assuming is logical and concrete.

DMC
09-19-2015, 10:22 AM

It is hilarious that you seem to believe that I stopped posting because of something you wrote. Atheist arrogance strikes again! Well, you can have your atheism if you only use it to pat yourself on the back and claim "superiority" even if only by association with their ideals.

You can go ahead and say god doesn't exist even though we can't even figure out how many species are on our own planet. You know, because assuming is logical and concrete.

A suggestion that solves everything solves nothing. "God did it" is not an answer any more than "It was done".

Blake
09-19-2015, 01:18 PM

We can say Bible God doesn't exist which has nothing to do with undiscovered species on this planet

xellos88330
09-19-2015, 02:24 PM
A suggestion that solves everything solves nothing. "God did it" is not an answer any more than "It was done".

Hey you get it now! It isn't any more. So aren't you doing the same thing theists are?

ChumpDumper
09-19-2015, 04:10 PM

You can go ahead and say god doesn't exist even though we can't even figure out how many species are on our own planet. You know, because assuming is logical and concrete.What does knowing the number of species on Earth have to do with anything?

DMC
09-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Hey you get it now! It isn't any more. So aren't you doing the same thing theists are?

So I don't say god did it. I don't believe a god exists, because I've not seen evidence for it. Isn't it ironic that the more extreme the claim the less evidence exists for it?

It's raining: Proof.. rain

God exist.. proof... well if you had proof you wouldn't need faith!

Bad evidence arguments are boring.

DMC
09-19-2015, 06:46 PM
What does knowing the number of species on Earth have to do with anything?

Simple actually, since we don't know simple things that have finite answers, we should never rule out infinitely complex suggestions that have no answers.

Religion comes from the period of human prehistory where nobody—not even the mighty Democritus who concluded that all matter was made from atoms—had the smallest idea what was going on. It comes from the bawling and fearful infancy of our species, and is a babyish attempt to meet our inescapable demand for knowledge (as well as for comfort, reassurance, and other infantile needs). Today the least educated of my children knows much more about the natural order than any of the founders of religion. - Hitchens

spurtech09
09-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Have nothing against atheist or any other religion....but why is it when you mention Jesus Christ to them or they see the word Jesus they go nuts?Well not all atheist.....Look at Manu he's Atheist and he seems like a down to earth guy.....but the ones that post on here ......forget it....there like Isis.....They want to chop off your head .... :(

ChumpDumper
09-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Why are bible thumpers always so eager to play the victim?

Quetzal-X
09-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Have nothing against atheist or any other religion....but why is it when you mention Jesus Christ to them or they see the word Jesus they go nuts?Well not all atheist.....Look at Manu he's Atheist and he seems like a down to earth guy.....but the ones that post on here ......forget it....there like Isis.....They want to chop off your head .... :(

IMO it is because there is little more repugnant than pretending that Jesus' image being dishonestly represented is a small thing. That shit, and it is shit, was used to genocide mexicans and other natives n and s then later used to justify the pure evil hearts of european slave owners crackin' the whip to build america . Fuck that shit, that fucking cross was a terror weapon so fuck that shit too. Justice only matters when it is convenient , so fuck'em

Fuck. That. Shit.

Blake
09-21-2015, 08:26 AM

well they usually go nuts when Jesus/ God's name is invoked in the secular sector.

Justifiable nut going, imo

Blake
02-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Well, it sure as hell isn't me keeping them on. I just don't see the point whether they are on or off. It doesn't bother me. I see offensive crap on bumper stickers all over the place. I also don't believe that the bumper sticker is malicious in nature. I can understand the outrage if those stickers were REQUIRED to be on there because according to the first amendment, no law can be passed to promote religious agenda. If those stickers helps the cops feel safe from harm, then shouldn't we let them? Especially after all of the anti-cop propaganda that is out there. I mean, you most likely aren't a cop, and neither am I. We aren't risking our safety to ensure the safety of others. If we were, we would most likely want to at least have the feeling of being secure and safe with all this bullshit backlash against the police.

At the same time, you aren't a cop who believes in God. How could you possibly understand? You can only see one perspective and that is your own. I have immediate family members who are law enforcement officers and some of the shit they tell me, I can understand why they would feel inclined to place that bumper sticker on their cruiser.

Oh look. More stickers

..We looked at it as an opportunity to show our patriotism,” Sheriff Chris Francis toldFox Carolina. “I want to make sure that my deputy sheriffs know what ‘In God We Trust' means and how blessed we are to be citizens in America, to live in western North Carolina and to be able to support our nation’s motto.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/12/nc-sheriff-puts-in-god-trust-decals-on-patrol-cars-thanks-to-local-church.html

Blake
02-15-2016, 11:04 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/us/2016/02/12/nc-sheriff-puts-in-god-trust-decals-on-patrol-cars-thanks-to-local-church/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1455291808140.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

I'm sure the Muslims in the community feel safer now.

xellos88330
02-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Atheists who claim to be correct don't even know if they are or not. Sounds like a faith statement. Sure you have "evidence", but evidence does not always mean accurate.