PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why some are scared of the Warriors, tbh

Pages : [1] 2

spursistan
11-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Granted they are the defending Champ and historically good team, but if I'm Spurfan, I'm not the f***ing Clippers..

They clearly don't present the bad fits that Thunder (2012-2014) had to our team in direct matchup, not even the external factors (Refkc)

Starpower? I would argue Heat (2013-2014)> Warriors (2015-2016)...Let's face it, it is one man show (Curry).. and let's not kid ourselves including Thompson/Draymond Green as part of an established Big 3 dynamics..

IMO, the Spurs in Wingstop have by far the best foundation in the league to throw a spanner in their works..A depleted Cavs team near-provided the blueprint: choke off Curry as much as possible and let Iguodala or someone else be the MVP-level difference maker..

It is easier said than done, but i think this Dubs team could still be SHOOK in a playoff atmosphere..

UNT Eagles 2016
11-13-2015, 01:28 PM
We match up better with them than the rest of the league, but it's not going to be an easy series by any stretch... definitely 6/7 game series depending on HCA and other factors. Even if they're a 70 win team I see them losing 2 or 3 out of 4 games to us.

Tbiggums47
11-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Granted they are the defending Champ and historically good team, but if I'm Spurfan, I'm not the f***ing Clippers..

They clearly don't present the bad fits that Thunder (2012-2014) had to our team in direct matchup, not even the external factors (Refkc)

Starpower? I would argue Heat (2013-2014)> Warriors (2015-2016)...Let's face it, it is one man show (Curry).. and let's not kid ourselves including Thompson/Draymond Green as part of an established Big 3 dynamics..

IMO, the Spurs in Wingstop have by far the best foundation in the league to throw a spanner in their works..A depleted Cavs team near-provided the blueprint: choke off Curry as much as possible and let Iguodala or someone else be the MVP-level difference maker..

It is easier said than done, but i think this Dubs team could still be SHOOK in a playoff atmosphere..

I agree. I'd like to see The Spurs take away their two primary options to see how the rest of that team responds. If you watched the game with Minnesota last night. If not for the shots of Stef and Clay. Minnesota beats them. I just happen to believe a team (Spurs) with experience and resolve can pick that team apart. I don't believe they prosper in the half court game. IJS����������+��= 6

lefty
11-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Cuz Curry is going to light up Parker

UNT Eagles 2016
11-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Hide Parker on Iguodala or Barnes or whoever they have at center when Curry/Thompson are in the game. Start Green on Curry and Leonard on Thompson, alternate between Green/Leonard on Curry -- Rasual Butler can be the 3rd defender against Curry if the Spurs need a third defender. When one of the Splash Bros leaves the game, Manu can guard the other wing while Mills can guard the replacement PG/SG (Livingston or Barbosa). Aldridge would likely have to guard Draymond Green, but that isn't a big problem.

KL2
11-13-2015, 01:40 PM
GS is going to be very very hard to beat, the Spurs have one of the worst defenders in the NBA starting at PG while GS has arguably the greatest PG of all time. Curry is going to fucking destroy Parker every chance he gets unless either Leonard or Green is on him, he's easily capable of putting up 40+ per night. I'd feel a lot better if the Spurs had a Joseph-like defender off the bench.

You know Pop isn't going to pull Porker, he just won't do it. He's going to let him get destroyed out there while he throws a bitch fit over every single mistake Green makes, TP will most likely be responsible for the demise of this team.

Dancelot
11-13-2015, 01:41 PM
I agree with this post. They remind me a lot of the Nash era Suns, very deep & can flat out score while looking unbeatable. From what I've noticed so far this season is the defense isn't all that great (wolves scored 106 points on them.) Imagine if those same suns back in the day had the same path the Warriors had last playoffs, they would've dominated too.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-13-2015, 01:42 PM
GS is going to be very very hard to beat, the Spurs have one of the worst defenders in the NBA starting at PG while GS has arguably the greatest PG of all time. Curry is going to fucking destroy Parker every chance he gets unless either Leonard or Green is on him, he's easily capable of putting up 40+ per night. I'd feel a lot better if the Spurs had a Joseph-like defender off the bench.

You know Pop isn't going to pull Porker, he just won't do it. He's going to let him get destroyed out there while he throws a bitch fit over every single mistake Green makes, TP will most likely be responsible for the demise of this team.
Start Green on Curry, and never use anyone outside of Green/Leonard/Butler to defend Curry. Parker hides on one of their more useless players, we can live with Harry Barnes fadeaways or Iguodala's long twos.

KL2
11-13-2015, 01:48 PM
I do think the Spurs match up well outside of Curry-Porker though.

The Spurs' size will be overwhelming, I see post ups and rebounds all day. Very intrigued as to how West will do, West generally struggles against taller, stronger players, however GS is so small I can see him having a big impact in that type of series, he did play pretty well last year vs them too. And you know the Spurs always have a chance with MvpLeonard leading the way.

KL2
11-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Start Green on Curry, and never use anyone outside of Green/Leonard/Butler to defend Curry. Parker hides on one of their more useless players, we can live with Harry Barnes fadeaways or Iguodala's long twos.

I agree, I'm just scared about Curry, that guy is such an explosive scorer. As soon as he sees the mismatches, he's going to attack them. The Spurs had him on lock last year with Green-Leonard, however Curry managed to get Parker/Bonner on him for a few possessions and started scoring at will, it was barely over the span of a few minutes, however he took full advantage of it getting GS back in the game.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-13-2015, 02:01 PM
I agree, I'm just scared about Curry, that guy is such an explosive scorer. As soon as he sees the mismatches, he's going to attack them. The Spurs had him on lock last year with Green-Leonard, however Curry managed to get Parker/Bonner on him for a few possessions and started scoring at will, it was barely over the span of a few minutes, however he took full advantage of it getting GS back in the game.
Yeah, and then the Spurs made the necessary adjustment after the timeout and quickly increased the lead back into the 20s. They're not idiots.....

Lostwingman
11-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Because Curry is shooting like he sold his soul to a demon.

keeferob25
11-13-2015, 02:05 PM

I'm not that confident with that as you are lol. In '13 pop tried to hide Parker on Barnes and he absolutely destroyed him and was a HUGE reason as to why that series was A LOT closer than some like to forget. Truthfully, Pop was incapable of hiding Parker and every GS counterpart to Parker went right at him. Granted that was two years ago but at this point...Parker is THE worst...not one of the worst but THE worst defensive starter in the entire league. GS is worlds better than they were two years ago. There isn't a single rotation player on GS that Parker won't get torched by...and i'm not even trying to play into the Parker shtick...he's just THAT bad and stats have proven that for a year+ now.

lilbthebasedgod
11-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Eh. If everything comes together then it'll be close. As of now they look even better than last year

Fireball
11-13-2015, 02:10 PM
should ... could ... whatever ... right now they are way above evervybody ... we do not play them soon and can be happy about it

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 02:11 PM

His? He sold his daughter's soul.

RD2191
11-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Spurs in 4. Sweep. All double digit wins.

SAGirl
11-13-2015, 02:15 PM
You have to respect them. They are a lot better than in 2013, when Curry was also hobbled. They have a . Lot of chemistry, continuity and confidence. You don't have to be scared to respect your opponent. Like Pop said if you don't have an element of fear that the opponent will kill you, you probably should not be out there playing.

Sean Cagney
11-13-2015, 02:27 PM
GS is going to be very very hard to beat,

Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

Mr Bones
11-13-2015, 02:29 PM
The Warriors are a really good team.

Also, do we really need yet another poster who ends every sentence with "tbh" and also ends sentences with not a period and not an ellipsis, but with two dots..?
If you're not a HarlemHeat alt, you're sure doing a weird nonconscious imitation of him.

BackHome
11-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Curry is a terrible defender so I would run his ass through screens all day long. I am more worried about the Refs then I am of this team. As we all know it's hard to beat two teams at the same time.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2015, 02:38 PM

no

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not that confident with that as you are lol. In '13 pop tried to hide Parker on Barnes and he absolutely destroyed him and was a HUGE reason as to why that series was A LOT closer than some like to forget. Truthfully, Pop was incapable of hiding Parker and every GS counterpart to Parker went right at him. Granted that was two years ago but at this point...Parker is THE worst...not one of the worst but THE worst defensive starter in the entire league. GS is worlds better than they were two years ago. There isn't a single rotation player on GS that Parker won't get torched by...and i'm not even trying to play into the Parker shtick...he's just THAT bad and stats have proven that for a year+ now.

Barnes is playing way better than 2 years ago but he wasn't the only reason as to why that series was "close", Jarrett "Spurs Killer" Jack was the other. They don't have JJack anymore but added Shaun Livingston and Leandro Barbosa which any of them will destroy Parker. Shaun with his size and Leandro with his athleticism. Right now there is nobody where Pop could hide Tony and whichever player is being guarded by him you can be sure that they will run tons of screens looking for that switch.

Thankfully, last Summer we added an offensive weapon called LaMarcus Aldridge which should mitigate some of Parker's deficiencies. Watching multiple POR vs GSW games on YouTube, on paper there's no body who can shutdown LaMarcus on that team.

bklynspursfan
11-13-2015, 02:44 PM
I personally don't worry so much about GS. I fear OKC more than them

daslicer
11-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Not scared of them but I know it won't be easy to take them out. You have to factor in how the refs call the games. If they are going to call touch fouls it will be difficult for Kawhi or Green to guard Curry. The spurs strength is their size but its also a weakness against the warriors in the sense the starting unit might not have the speed to keep up with them defensively. Offensively the front court will be able to pound the ball inside the paint at will against the warriors. It will take 6 or 7 games for the spurs to beat them.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Barnes is playing way better than 2 years ago but he wasn't the only reason as to why that series was "close", Jarrett "Spurs Killer" Jack was the other. They don't have JJack anymore but added Shaun Livingston and Leandro Barbosa which any of them will destroy Parker. Shaun with his size and Leandro with his athleticism.

Barnes was terrible in 2013-14 when he had to come off the bench but he is playing better than he did in the 2013 postseason. It's Draymond Green that playing way better than 2013. Patty can match-up w/ Barbosa & Manu is most likely going to be on Livingston. The issue is still going to be Porker/Barnes so Manu might have to get more minutes w/ the starter & Kyle could see some minutes against Livingston.

In any case, Diaw is going to be very vital when the Warriors go small w/ Draymond at center b/c Tim is unplayable w/ the lineup. LMA also has to do a good job of showing/recovering when Draymond/Curry run the high PnR. West seems more suited for the job so he might get some of Tim's minutes if the Warriors start running PnRs w/ Bogut ala 2013. Otherwise, they have to absolutely dominate the Warriors frontline on the other end. It wouldn't hurt if LMA could get Draymond in foul trouble.

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm not "scared" of them, the Spurs probably match up better with them than any other team in the league, but it's pretty silly to doubt them, at this point..they had a historic regular season, an absolutely dominant playoff run, and they have picked up where they left off..arguably the best player in the league, elite super-role players around him(Green, Thompson), other great role players behind them(Iguodala, Bogut, Barnes) and they have virtually no weaknesses..

Also, unlike most teams, their bench is good enough to match up with the Spurs, on paper..they also have the tools to exploit some of the Spurs' major weaknesses(Parker's defense, lack of a 3rd defender, defending screens, being forced to guard a stretch big, etc)..

cjw
11-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Offensively, if the Spurs take care of the ball and avoids turnovers, they should be create size mismatches in the post and score efficiently.

On the boards, Spurs should have the advantage and Diaw isn't as much of a liability as against other teams. GS is a middling rebounding team, while Spurs are elite particularly on the defensive glass. Need to avoid second chance points and points off turnovers if going to beat GS.

Switching Leonard and Green on Steph throughout the game is the best plan, even if it means having to leave a lesser defender on Klay for stretches where two splash bros are in, and the wingstop is missing a wing. Steph will get his points no matter who's defending him, but it's important to make him work for those points so he's even less effective on the defensive end. Abuse him there by switching bigger guys onto him.

Limit it to a half court game and I like the Spurs' chances a lot more. Still, GS should instill a ton of fear into everybody - they're the best foe since the early 2000s Lakers. They're likely going to have HCA too.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Barnes is playing way better than 2 years ago but he wasn't the only reason as to why that series was "close", Jarrett "Spurs Killer" Jack was the other. They don't have JJack anymore but added Shaun Livingston and Leandro Barbosa which any of them will destroy Parker. Shaun with his size and Leandro with his athleticism. Right now there is nobody where Pop could hide Tony and whichever player is being guarded by him you can be sure that they will run tons of screens looking for that switch.

Thankfully, last Summer we added an offensive weapon called LaMarcus Aldridge which should mitigate some of Parker's deficiencies. Watching multiple POR vs GSW games on YouTube, on paper there's no body who can shutdown LaMarcus on that team.
Hide him on Festus Ezeli. They never pass him the ball in the half court.

DarrinS
11-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Because they are the best team in the NBA right now.

ceperez
11-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Spurs will need to improve their game considerably to beat the Warriors.

Spurs have been pretty pathetic the entire season. The starting five is slow as molasses and has yet to blow out a team. Most of the work has been done by the bench.

tmtcsc
11-13-2015, 03:45 PM
I personally don't worry so much about GS. I fear OKC more than them.

Okc?
https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2iedJKWK1rgchc8o1_500.gif

Brazil
11-13-2015, 03:48 PM

:rolleyes give me one PG that Curry does not light up ?

RD2191
11-13-2015, 04:03 PM
:rolleyes give me one PG that doesn't light Parker up ?
Can't think of one. Tbh

spurtech09
11-13-2015, 04:15 PM
I agree with this post. They remind me a lot of the Nash era Suns, very deep & can flat out score while looking unbeatable. From what I've noticed so far this season is the defense isn't all that great (wolves scored 106 points on them.) Imagine if those same suns back in the day had the same path the Warriors had last playoffs, they would've dominated too.
I agree......

Darius Bieber
11-13-2015, 04:19 PM
We can't just hide Parker or else Barnes or Iguodala will go off.

Vic Petro
11-13-2015, 04:32 PM
The Spurs are still a bad matchup for the Suns, but sleep on them at your own peril.
1/8 of the NBA season is over. The Warriors are 10-0, 9-0 against the West. They are +17 right now, which is about 7 points more than the next closest team (Spurs).
They could absolutely win 70+ games.
Why are people afraid of them? Because the Spurs are the only team that can beat them, and that's only if everything goes perfectly for San Antonio.

Beaverfuzz
11-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Clippers and Spurs can beat Warriors in a seven game series.

SpurPadre
11-13-2015, 04:46 PM

And Okc and the Cavs, too, especially once LeBron does his annual use of teams as his farm system to get key players for peanuts at the trade deadline.

ceperez
11-13-2015, 04:51 PM
The Spurs are still a bad matchup for the Suns, but sleep on them at your own peril.
1/8 of the NBA season is over. The Warriors are 10-0, 9-0 against the West. They are +17 right now, which is about 7 points more than the next closest team (Spurs).
They could absolutely win 70+ games.
Why are people afraid of them? Because the Spurs are the only team that can beat them, and that's only if everything goes perfectly for San Antonio.

Curry has 3 games where he scored over 40. He's shot over 60% from 3 last game with 8 3's. Warriors scored 129 points last game.

Spurs meanwhile have never scored over 115 points this season. They've scored under 95 points twice. This considering 7 out of the 8 teams they played are likely going to miss the playoffs.

SpurPadre
11-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Curry has 3 games where he scored over 40. He's shot over 60% from 3 last game with 8 3's. Warriors scored 129 points last game.

Spurs meanwhile have never scored over 115 points this season. They've scored under 95 points twice. This considering 7 out of the 8 teams they played are likely going to miss the playoffs.

But you leave out the important issue separating both teams: the Warriors have continuity going for them while the Spurs are trying to adapt new players into the most complex system in the league...yet we're 6-2 with both losses on the road that we could've easily and arguably SHOULD have won. Both teams are on a collision course to face each other at some point in the playoffs, health willing.

daledondale
11-13-2015, 05:17 PM
This. But anyway, it will take a lot of work. Curry is playing like a devil.

ceperez
11-13-2015, 05:25 PM
But you leave out the important issue separating both teams: the Warriors have continuity going for them while the Spurs are trying to adapt new players into the most complex system in the league...yet we're 6-2 with both losses on the road that we could've easily and arguably SHOULD have won. Both teams are on a collision course to face each other at some point in the playoffs, health willing.

Yes, I understand Spurs are trying to adapt. Just got reality glasses on. Right now, Spurs aren't going to beat the Warriors.

Hopefully Spurs start clicking come playoff time.

kawhidoyoudothistome
11-13-2015, 05:35 PM
They can really go off, so that's what worries me. Parker's terrible D will always allow some scrub to play like a God.

Pako
11-13-2015, 05:45 PM
If we can slow down the pace, Spurs will beat GSW because that will allow us to set our defense. Once our defense is set, it is very hard to score even if parker have to guard Curry. Good thing is, we have a lot of personnel who can post up which will help in slowing down the pace.
Before, we have very small margin of error because we are less talented. But with the addition of Aldridge and improvement of Kawhi that margin significantly increase.
We worry about who is going to guard Curry but they need to worry who is going to guard Aldridge and Kawhi.

alfahdlan
11-13-2015, 05:55 PM
With warriors, It is high time we hone kyle anderson to replace parker in the starting lineup. With anderson playmaking, we don't surrender height to a much improved Barnes. Let our wingstops neutralize curry and thompson.

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
... From what I've noticed so far this season is the defense isn't all that great (wolves scored 106 points on them.)...

The wolves scored 116. Even then you really shouldn't be worried if you beat your opponent by an average of 17+ points. I didn't watch the game, but it could have been that the game was already decided and GS just was playing their scrubs vs Minny who probably played their starters till the end.

TheDoctor
11-13-2015, 06:24 PM
If we can slow down the pace, Spurs will beat GSW because that will allow us to set our defense. Once our defense is set, it is very hard to score even if parker have to guard Curry. Good thing is, we have a lot of personnel who can post up which will help in slowing down the pace.
Before, we have very small margin of error because we are less talented. But with the addition of Aldridge and improvement of Kawhi that margin significantly increase.
We worry about who is going to guard Curry but they need to worry who is going to guard Aldridge and Kawhi.

Yes, the best way to play them is at half-court.

With warriors, It is high time we hone kyle anderson to replace parker in the starting lineup...

Dude, that's not gonna happen unless Parker's body is having its annual playoffs shutdown.

TD 21
11-13-2015, 06:24 PM

Good post.

In addition to what you said, the Spurs are also the only team with a higher collective basketball IQ and at this writing, they also have the mental edge. It's well known that they practically celebrated when they found out the Spurs wouldn't be in their bracket and were eliminated.

Spurs fans, by in large, are pathetic though. When the Spurs have the best team in the league, they're too busy building up their biggest threats to realize it, but when someone else does or in this case, supposedly does, they're well aware and act terrified.

dbestpro
11-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Curry will break down by season's end trying to go for the glory instead of a championship.

KL2
11-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Yeah, and then the Spurs made the necessary adjustment after the timeout and quickly increased the lead back into the 20s. They're not idiots.....

Playoffs are a different animal though, teams are going to target Parker and get very good shots against him. The Spurs have the personnel to beat them, but it's up to Pop to utilize them correctly, who knows what his match ups will be. He has a history of waiting way too long in the playoffs to make the obvious adjustments, and has also shown a refusal to bench certain players no matter how bad they're playing.

100%duncan
11-13-2015, 09:53 PM
im not afraid, actually excited because we probably match up with them the best but they are a very good team

Richie
11-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Just gotta not let Curry or Thompson beat us from 3. Much, much easier said than done, but Green and Iguodala are career 33% shooters from 3. If it comes to it, give them open shots all day and if they beat us we gotta hold our hands up and say they're the better team. We do the same thing with Ibaka against OKC, we give him the open mid range and hope he misses, if he's hot we likely lose.

The odd thing is that I actually don't think they're that great a 3 point shooting team, they are just crazily top heavy. Barnes was a 40% shooter last year and I expect him to do it again but make him prove it in the playoffs, he was only 35% in their playoff run last year which is his career average so far. The Spurs were a better 3 point shooting team in 2014, we had 6 37%+ shooters who played significant minutes in the playoffs (Bonner and Daye were also 40%+) whereas the Warriors last year only had 4.

One fascinating part is that they almost certainly can't play small against us since we'll always have multiple post threats on the court with Duncan, Aldridge, Diaw and Kawhi. Neither Barnes nor Iguodala can defend any of them in the post which could be a game changer for us as they'll have to play Bogut a lot.

Agloco
11-13-2015, 11:26 PM
....while GS has arguably the greatest PG of all time.

What an amazingly dumb take just to demonstrate your hatred of Parker. Lol.

Dancelot
11-13-2015, 11:33 PM
This is what I've been saying all season.

Kikoluna
11-13-2015, 11:58 PM

Well said:bobo

Kikoluna
11-14-2015, 12:02 AM
Curry will break down by season's end trying to go for the glory instead of a championship.
I agree. On the post game interview vs the wolves he said "that would be nice" when asked about breaking bulls wins record. He will break down chasing 72.

KaiRMD1
11-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Slow them down, they ain't shit

SouthernFried
11-14-2015, 11:29 AM
I don't even know what the Spurs are capable, or incapable of right now. Much too early and new faces to really tell all the much. Letsee what both teams look like in March/April. But, if you don't understand why some are scared of the Warriors right now...I suggest paying a little more attention. uh...TBH. :blah

dweaver99027
11-14-2015, 03:15 PM
If the Warriors keep playing at the level they do now, which mainly depends on whether Curry can maintain a 50-40-90 season while scoring 30+ ppg per 36 and taking 10 threes a game, I'm sorry but there's little anybody, including the Spurs, can do. I'd like to see what effect Kawhi's long arms can have on Steph's personal space to be sure, but facts are facts.

james evans
11-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Hide Parker on Iguodala or Barnes or whoever they have at center when Curry/Thompson are in the game. Start Green on Curry and Leonard on Thompson, alternate between Green/Leonard on Curry -- Rasual Butler can be the 3rd defender against Curry if the Spurs need a third defender. When one of the Splash Bros leaves the game, Manu can guard the other wing while Mills can guard the replacement PG/SG (Livingston or Barbosa). Aldridge would likely have to guard Draymond Green, but that isn't a big problem.
I have a better idea, bring him off the bench or just don't play him. We can't afford to have parker guaring him in the first half this season. He'll get about 40 points. Can't let that man get hot and THEN go with green or leonard to guard him. That's fuckin silly. That shit almost cost us game 1 of the 2013 2nd round playoffs

james evans
11-14-2015, 06:10 PM
:rolleyes give me one PG that Curry does not light up ?
give me one pg that parker can guard.

apalisoc_9
11-14-2015, 06:18 PM

:lol

KL2
11-14-2015, 06:52 PM
What an amazingly dumb take just to demonstrate your hatred of Parker. Lol.

*scoring

Of course he's not the goat, he still has much to prove, but he is already one of the greatest scoring pg's of all time and is the best scoring PG in the NBA right now. I don't take the pre-90s nba seriously, the game is much more difficult today.

bklynspursfan
11-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Okc?
https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2iedJKWK1rgchc8o1_500.gif

Not as much as recent years, but idk. I feel more confident against them I guess, but between the 2, I worry more about OKC than GS. I think LMA helps us tremendously against the Clips too.

james evans
11-14-2015, 09:35 PM
*scoring

Of course he's not the goat, he still has much to prove, but he is already one of the greatest scoring pg's of all time and is the best scoring PG in the NBA right now. I don't take the pre-90s nba seriously, the game is much more difficult today.
how??? With the lack of physical play and shot blockers? Pre-youtube centers challenged dunks to stop points. NOw they just move out of the way to prevent from being on espn's top 10 and youtube. The hard fouls of the 80s and 90s will have you in prison today with the shit they call flagrant fouls

james evans
11-14-2015, 09:36 PM

james evans
11-14-2015, 09:37 PM
wrong thread

Spurtacular
11-14-2015, 09:41 PM
It doesn't matter if you think the Spurs are the hot librarian; you pimp the double d'd bitch in the skimpy thong.

KL2
11-14-2015, 11:30 PM
how??? With the lack of physical play and shot blockers? Pre-youtube centers challenged dunks to stop points. NOw they just move out of the way to prevent from being on espn's top 10 and youtube. The hard fouls of the 80s and 90s will have you in prison today with the shit they call flagrant fouls

The game was more physical back then, but players weren't the size they are today, nor were they as mobile or explosive. Centers back then were slow as molasses, they'd get picked apart in today's perimeter oriented game, especially with no hand checking. The perimeter game has also really evolved, ball handlers are on another level, watch guys like Magic Johnson play and you'll see how basic his offense was. They didn't utilize all the perimeter moves you see today.

Elite perimeter play also gave birth to elite perimeter defenders like Leonard. At 6'7 240lbs he is the size of most centers from the 80's, a man his size defending PGs was unheard of even in the 90s.

I think this picture demonstrates what I'm talking about, this is 7'0 240lb Willie-Cauley Stein back in college defending the perimeter, as you can see, it's hard as fuck. It requires extreme balance and lateral movement, you couldn't find centers from the 80's that could move like this:

http://webresizer.com/session/70lfzwUef2YeJy9M8uvvzR98vbw1yUPC/result.jpg?1447561648.70045

james evans
11-15-2015, 12:29 AM
weren't mobile or explosive? wilkins, jordan, david thompson in the 70s, drexler, kevin johnson, BARKLEY, . And even more impressive, in the 60s and 70s, they were doing it in chuck taylors. If you can get the chance to, put on a pair of nike dunks and play ball in them. Well jordan played ball in them for a full season(jordan 1s) and other players played ball in them as well. I'd like to see westbrooke play the way he does in chuck taylors. and i don't know what the HELL you're talking about by saying most centers from the 80s were 6'7 240 :lol. Moses Malone, Kareem, Ewing, Hakeem, Mark Eaton, Rik Smits, Kevin Duckworth, Bill Cartwright(who had a season in ny averaging 20 a game), Brad Daughtery, Robert Parrish… None of those guys were anywhere near 6'7 240. Whee did you get that information from that most centers in the 80s were 6'7 240?:lol. I watched basketball in the 80s. What team has a 6'7 Center?

Beaverfuzz
11-16-2015, 10:26 PM
This. But anyway, it will take a lot of work. Curry is playing like a devil.

Playing the same team for 4-7 games in a row is a much different scenario.

Beaverfuzz
11-16-2015, 10:27 PM
And Okc and the Cavs, too, especially once LeBron does his annual use of teams as his farm system to get key players for peanuts at the trade deadline.

Talking about west teams only, matching up an east and a west team that can meet potentially for nine games vs a possibility of 11 is much different.

Brian Windhorst
11-17-2015, 11:36 PM
:lol you people are delusional if you think the Spurs would be even slight favorites against the Warriors. If these teams played right now it would probably be a 5 game series. They're a historically great team led by the best scorer in the league, with the deepest bench in the league bar none, and we can't even figure out how to get good shots for Lamarcus Aldridge against the cellar dwellers of the league.

Spurs will have to improve by leaps and bounds over the course of the season if they want not to get embarrassed by this juggernaut of a team tbh. I really don't care what happened when they had Mark Jackson as a coach and Curry wasn't a top 10 player...

SpursFan86
11-17-2015, 11:44 PM
I think we can have a decent shot (as good as anyone can have against a team like that) at beating them assuming Aldridge gets successfully integrated and we're fully healthy, but you'd have to have not watched basketball over the past year to not be worried about playing GS in a series :lol They were absolutely dominant all of last year, and now this year they're looking even better. There is no doubt that they should be the clear favorites to win it all this year if they stay healthy.

BatManu20
11-17-2015, 11:59 PM
They are extremely good right now tbh. Tonight is about the 5th game I've watched of theirs and they're just a great team with no real weaknesses, which is crazy to say about a team that doesn't have a single low-post scorer. Best offensive team in the league and one of the top 3 defensive ones, and led by best scorer in the league right now who is in his prime. Also the best home-court team in the league. Certainly not unbeatable, but with HCA will be difficult to beat in the playoffs if they stay healthy.

100%duncan
11-18-2015, 12:07 AM
They are scary good right now tbh. Tonight is about the 5th game I've watched of theirs and they're just an elite team with no real weaknesses, which is crazy to say about a team that doesn't have a single low-post scorer. They're the best offensive team in the league and one of the top 3 defensive ones, and led by best scorer in the league right now who is in his prime. They're also the best home-court team in the league, which will make it extremely difficult to beat them in the playoffs if they stay healthy.

Memphis and cavs did it. GS is good and they are the best team right now but this is becoming unbelievable. No weaknesses? How about a team with a big frontline to dominate theirs, or a team with 2 perimeter defenders to guard the splash faggots. Last i checked the spurs have both.

Also extremely difficult for teams to beat them last year because they didnt stay healthy. Ya'll act like gsw are world beaters, they're good but they're reliant on curry alone. I doubt steph keeps that up.

spursistan
11-18-2015, 01:10 AM
not that the Spurs are right now world beater either, but i'm supposed to cower in fear of a team who just eked out two home wins vs the shitty and dumb Nets and Raptors teams.

:lol winning 70 games..

james evans
11-18-2015, 01:33 AM
Toronto were robbed badly tonight. The refs weren't even tying to hide it. Late in the game, the warriors set an illegal pick(as they do 90% of the time). The closed off curry well so that he couldn't shoot off the screen or even get around it. He purposely gets his feet tangled up with Scola's and hits the ground. freethrows. Another play, toronto has the ball, a pick is set(not illegal), curry runs into the pick setter and flops to the ground. Offensive foul. Toronto has the ball down by one. A pick is set. A PERFECTLY LEGAL PICK WITH NO ONE MOVING. Andre Iguadala grabs the arm of the guy setting the pick and flops. Literally just grabs his arms and flops, the refs call offensive foul. These guys are the new OKC. Teams are manufactured in the league.

james evans
11-18-2015, 01:34 AM
:lol you people are delusional if you think the Spurs would be even slight favorites against the Warriors. If these teams played right now it would probably be a 5 game series. They're a historically great team led by the best scorer in the league, with the deepest bench in the league bar none, and we can't even figure out how to get good shots for Lamarcus Aldridge against the cellar dwellers of the league.

Spurs will have to improve by leaps and bounds over the course of the season if they want not to get embarrassed by this juggernaut of a team tbh. I really don't care what happened when they had Mark Jackson as a coach and Curry wasn't a top 10 player...
says a fan of a team that's going back to the lottery this year. You should be used to it though. They have been there so much, making the playoffs is like winning a title.

MaNu4Tres
11-18-2015, 01:36 AM
Steph is in another world right now. Never seen a point guard as good as he's playing night in and night out.

james evans
11-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Steph is in another world right now. Never seen a point guard as good as he's playing night in and night out.
u didn't see the game tonight did u? the refs bailed them out big time. I have no fear of them. Curry is turning into westbrooke. When he's run off the 3 point line and can't score, he's driving the lane and looking for fouls. shit is sickening how the league makes certain players unguardable.

lilbthebasedgod
11-18-2015, 01:43 AM
u didn't see the game tonight did u? the refs bailed them out big time. I have no fear of them. Curry is turning into westbrooke. When he's run off the 3 point line and can't score, he's driving the lane and looking for fouls. shit is sickening how the league makes certain players unguardable.
Or he uses technique and is responding to defensive overagression to draw fouls. What he and harden and westbrook are fair game and good for basketball.

james evans
11-18-2015, 01:51 AM
Or he uses technique and is responding to defensive overagression to draw fouls. What he and harden and westbrook are fair game and good for basketball.
Well, it's a word for that and it's called soft. And the fact that professional officials keep rewarding players for flopping, especially when the rules came in for fines, is beyond absurd. But hey, I've never been a fan of a team in my life that has benefited from the whistle so maybe it's why i don't like it. Flopping and shooting 20 freethrows a game is never good for basketball

lilbthebasedgod
11-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Well, it's a word for that and it's called soft. And the fact that professional officials keep rewarding players for flopping, especially when the rules came in for fines, is beyond absurd. But hey, I've never been a fan of a team in my life that has benefited from the whistle so maybe it's why i don't like it. Flopping and shooting 20 freethrows a game is never good for basketball
I'd hardly call any of those players soft. Regardless, I couldn't care less. I prefer that kind of ball. Choosing to take a harder route when you can take the easier route is annoying.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-18-2015, 02:34 AM
Warriors are not a top 3 defense, whoever said that. Dwyane Casey can't draw up plays to save his life, and they allowed the Raptors 100+ on 80% isolation plays. With every game they look more and more mortal since the beginning of the season. Spurs matchup well with the Warriors, especially with all the small ball they play.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-18-2015, 02:39 AM
Spurs are the only team to beat the warriors more times than lose to them when playing the warriors starting lineup. We beat them by 20 in Oakland and by 20 at home. Not worried about them to be honest, just get the 2 seed, take care of business. They are not our boogeyman, we are their boogeyman, we are the only team they havent had success against and they dont matchup well with us AT ALL.

pookenstein
11-18-2015, 03:24 AM
I think the Spurs have the appropriate fear of the Warriors. They're legit, but we have the tools to beat them. As others said, we have to put KL/DG on Curry/Thompson to slow them down.
If Kerr decides to Counter that with giving a lot more shots to the Player guarded by TP, that's not a bad thing at all imo. Iggy/Barnes/Green/Livingston or whoever having to beat us is a way better than current Steph killing us.

will_spurs
11-18-2015, 04:24 AM
Imagine if those same suns back in the day had the same path the Warriors had last playoffs, they would've dominated too.

First of all the Warriors are A LOT better than the Suns back in the day. Second, it's easy to say a team's road to the championship was easy in hindsight. It's always possible to come up with some nightmare-ish road to the Finals with the worst possible match-ups. GSW beat everybody fair and square last year.

They have the hottest player right now, a great surrounding cast, youth, health and a top 5 coach (actually... Pop, Carlisle and Kerr would be my picks for top 3).

As a Spurfan I always believe we can beat anybody, but the Warriors are definitely fearsome.

Russo21
11-18-2015, 04:24 AM
Luckily for the Spurs their main strength opposes one of our main strengths. Their 2 main perimeter scorers being defended by reigning DPOY Leonard and a very good defender in Danny Green. Steph and Klay are good enough to get their buckets but Kawhi and Danny are good enough defenders to really piss them off. Then it's up to the rest of the team to pitch in and outplay the others.

Then the Spurs offense provides problems for other teams as there is nowhere to hide. You can't leave Duncan alone, you can't leave LMA open, ditto for Green, Leonard and Parker. Then the bench comes in and plays a different game altogether. Would be a great series to watch should we run into them.

aal04
11-18-2015, 04:46 AM
Id take this season Curry over prime MJ.

Guy is tripping and throwing up blind shots for 3.

100%duncan
11-18-2015, 04:53 AM

You mean 12 games?

Fireball
11-18-2015, 05:00 AM
After all the blowouts the Warriors are bored ... now they try to make the games interesting ... training of late game situations that mean something ... and they keep on winning

And how have the Warriors been bailed out by the Refs? Toronto had 12 more FTAs ...

Spurtacular
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM

Apalisoc_9 man crushing hard on Curry.

Spurtacular
11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Contain Curry, win the series. It's always been as simple as that.

Russo21
11-18-2015, 12:21 PM

Umm ok lol
1987 Jordan 37ppg, 5rpg, 5apg, 3spg
1988 Jordan 35ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.9apg, 3.2 spg DPOY MVP
1989 Jordan 32.5ppg, 8rpg, 8apg, 2.9spg
1990 Jordan 33.6ppg, 6.9rpg, 6.3apg, 2.8spg

Steph

2014/15 23.8ppg, 4.3rpg, 7.7apg, 2spg
2015/16 33.7ppg, 4.8rpg, 5.9apg, 2.4spg 12 games

1989 was my favourite MJ Year but Magic won MVP over him averaging a silly 22.5ppg, 7.9rpg, 12.8apg, even that wasn't Magic's best year (87 was IMO). Steph has a ways to go. But even mentioning his name in the same sentence as those 2 is praise enough. But you can't take him over prime MJ, No, just no. If he keeps this pace up for another 4 years at least instead of what 12 games? Then we'll revisit this.

Lostwingman
11-18-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm more worried about the refs dick riding them than anything else.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2015, 12:50 PM

He's not the only one tripping.

still.focused
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Because they are the best team in the NBA right now.

This
The unrealistic and unwarranted Warriors shade on this board actually makes me like them
Its like the Lebron effect in reverse
People here go to pretty great lengths to downplay the Warriors
Which in itself should make it glaringly obvious to them that the Warriors arre a team to be reckoned with
Should we fear them? Hell no
But your kidding yourself if anyone ever thinks they arent actually as good as advertised

J_Paco
11-18-2015, 01:00 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I see Spur fans have found their new team to fear now they're over Oklahoma City. Why can't people just have confidence in the team and group that has outlasted so many other flavor's of the month? GSW is definitely a elite, well coached team, but we matchup better with them than almost any other team. A healthy respect is needed but "fearing" another team is going overboard, IMO.

Obstructed_View
11-18-2015, 01:07 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol

I see Spur fans have found their new team to fear now they're over Oklahoma City. Why can't people just have confidence in the team and group that has outlasted so many other flavor's of the month? GSW is definitely a elite, well coached team, but we matchup better with them than almost any other team. A healthy respect is needed but "fearing" another team is going overboard, IMO.

I always feared the Thunder because of the calls they get. It's really fucking hard to beat a good team when they can goaltend at will.

J_Paco
11-18-2015, 01:10 PM
I always feared the Thunder because of the calls they get. It's really fucking hard to beat a good team when they can goaltend at will.

Touché

That's something I always hated about prime Serge Ibaka. Has anyone been noticing how he's looked since coming back from knee surgery?

Mr Bones
11-18-2015, 01:14 PM
I was just looking at their recent history, and it's pretty impressive... they finished the '13-'14 season with 2 wins, they went 67-15 last year, and have started this season off 12-0. That means they're 81-15 in their last 96 regular season games.

r0drig0lac
11-18-2015, 01:16 PM
is not about Curry, is about illegal screens and scrubs going 40% - 3pt when his career norm is 32%

KL2
11-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Apalisoc_9 man crushing hard on Curry.

Not apa lol. I accidentally left out "scoring", but fuck it, he's already on my top 5 of all time list. The perimeter defenders he's going up against today shit all over players from the past and the talent pool is much larger and better. Comparing guys like Magic and Stockton to Curry is insulting, the game is much more difficult.

From Downtown
11-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Can we close this thread and get hater to start it again?

$pursDynasty
11-18-2015, 03:07 PM
I for one am happy that we don't face the dubs until later in the season. They enjoy what the Spurs usually have in abundance, continuity. The Spurs are still trying to incorporate LMA, and West. The Warriors are in post season mode; for while I have no doubt barring injuries the Spurs will be much better as the season progresses. Facing them now wouldn't be a true judge of how good of a matchup it would be in the post season.

Keepin' it real
11-18-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't understand why some are scared of the Warriors ...

Maybe basketball's not the sport for you.

Brazil
11-18-2015, 03:34 PM

:lmao

a bunch actually...

rubio
smart
rondo
rose
DW
Jack

now give one PG that Curry does not light up smart ass ?

Brazil
11-18-2015, 03:36 PM
:lol oh and if you are not scared about the Warriors you are not paying attention

Brazil
11-18-2015, 03:39 PM

a bunch actually...

rubio
smart
rondo
rose
DW
Jack

now give one PG that Curry does not light up smart ass ?

:lol I'm forgetting a bunch Walker, Mudiay, Lollard, Neto etc

Spurs9
11-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Leonard will shut down curry imo

lefty
11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Can we close this thread and get hater to start it again?

aal04
11-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Umm ok lol
1987 Jordan 37ppg, 5rpg, 5apg, 3spg
1988 Jordan 35ppg, 5.5rpg, 5.9apg, 3.2 spg DPOY MVP
1989 Jordan 32.5ppg, 8rpg, 8apg, 2.9spg
1990 Jordan 33.6ppg, 6.9rpg, 6.3apg, 2.8spg

Steph

2014/15 23.8ppg, 4.3rpg, 7.7apg, 2spg
2015/16 33.7ppg, 4.8rpg, 5.9apg, 2.4spg 12 games

1989 was my favourite MJ Year but Magic won MVP over him averaging a silly 22.5ppg, 7.9rpg, 12.8apg, even that wasn't Magic's best year (87 was IMO). Steph has a ways to go. But even mentioning his name in the same sentence as those 2 is praise enough. But you can't take him over prime MJ, No, just no. If he keeps this pace up for another 4 years at least instead of what 12 games? Then we'll revisit this.

Curry PER 35, TS% 0.689
MJ peak PER 31, TS% around 0.6, and thats with star player free throws coming out of the wazoo (most protected player in history).

Look, MJ is obviously better than Curry, but this little sample size of Curry trumps MJs best years. I say we beat GSW last year in Finals in 5-6 games, this year i genuinely cant see us beating them in their current form. Im expecting a 65+ win season from them.

Brazil
11-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Curry PER 35, TS% 0.689
MJ peak PER 31, TS% around 0.6, and thats with star player free throws coming out of the wazoo (most protected player in history).

Look, MJ is obviously better than Curry, but this little sample size of Curry trumps MJs best years. I say we beat GSW last year in Finals in 5-6 games, this year i genuinely cant see us beating them in their current form. Im expecting a 65+ win season from them.

You can find stretch of 16 games of MJ with similar stat than curry, if he keeps on during a whole season, we can start a conversation about it tbh...

LarryDavid
11-18-2015, 10:49 PM

Wait, what?

Russo21
11-19-2015, 03:07 AM
You can find stretch of 16 games of MJ with similar stat than curry, if he keeps on during a whole season, we can start a conversation about it tbh...

I found a nasty 11 game stretch where Jordan had 10 triple doubles and averaged 33.6ppg, 10.8rpg and 11.4apg lol. I'm sure there were some other mammoth stretches to. So to aal04 no this stretch of Curry's doesn't come close to trumping MJ's best years.

On to Spurs news, LMA isn't adjusted, Tony isn't up to speed, Green lost his stroke and still we are 9-2, only 2 games behind the Warriors in the L column. We're doing pretty good :)

100%duncan
11-19-2015, 06:03 AM

ceperez
11-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Steve Nash is surprised that Curry is getting better and better:

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-nash-says-stephen-curry-is-going-to-keep-getting-better-2015-11

The Championship will boil down to how Leonard can shut down Curry.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
This team isn't scary; they're fucking horrifying. Crazy comeback win by them tonight where they just erupted at the end.

Spurtacular
11-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Inflated record. They're not invincible.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Everyone acknowledges that no shit. Doesnt erase the facts that our strengths are their weaknesses.

Cocksucking GS :lol

Mikeanaro
11-20-2015, 01:29 AM
Great shooting but basketball-wise they suck, same team than the finals shoot shoot shoot ´till is good and Clips D is atrocious.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:30 AM
Inflated record. They're not invincible.

Can't dismiss them any longer. They have flaws defensively and are careless with the ball, which Kawhi can exploit but they're more potent offensively than any team in the NBA. Spurs are the only team that can beat them in a seven game series.

Spurtacular
11-20-2015, 01:30 AM
Can't dismiss them any longer. They have flaws defensively and are careless with the ball, which Kawhi can exploit but they're more potent offensively than any team in the NBA.

Don't blame anyone for having a high opinion of them; but they ain't the 86 Celtics. They're very beatable in a playoff series.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-20-2015, 01:33 AM
This team isn't scary; they're fucking horrifying. Crazy comeback win by them tonight where they just erupted at the end.

Golden State should scare the shit out of anyone.

I like us against them with #WingStop but even then, you're basically hoping GS has an off night. Crazy, crazy team.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:34 AM
Don't blame anyone for having a high opinion of them; but they ain't the 86 Celtics. They're very beatable in a playoff series.

Beatable only to our Spurs. They're not the 86 Celtics or the 96 Bulls but they're a smart version of D'Antoni' s Suns teams...that's scary.

SpursFan86
Don't understand why anyone would be worried about a team that's won 86 of their last 106 games. Just makes no sense.

:rolleyes

Don't know why Spurs fans are thinking about the Warriors when the Spurs couldn't even get past the team full of chokers in the first round.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Golden State should scare the shit out of anyone.

I like us against them with #WingStop but even then, you're basically hoping GS has an off night. Crazy, crazy team.

We can beat them for sure but I'd feel a whole lot better if we get another shooter by the deadline to try to load up against them.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Don't understand why anyone would be worried about a team that's won 86 of their last 106 games. Just makes no sense.

Yeah just keep on sucking their cocks, that's better.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 01:37 AM
Don't know why Spurs fans are thinking about the Warriors when the Spurs couldn't even get past the team full of chokers in the first round.

I dont know. Maybe because half of last year's team is gone.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:39 AM

That Spurs team is not as good as this new Spurs team, which will likely get even better, have homecourt advantage and a high seed this time around. That's why.

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Can't dismiss them any longer. They have flaws defensively and are careless with the ball, which Kawhi can exploit but they're more potent offensively than any team in the NBA. Spurs are the only team that can beat them in a seven game series.
Precisely because of their explosive scoring they are never out of games. I remember how they beat the Pelicans after Pels had a 20 point lead or somewhere along those lines last season, and several of their wins this season already have been coming from behind at some point. That kind of explosive scoring with a tough defense allows them to feel confident that they are never out of possibility to come back in a game. You won't break their competitive spirit getting a lead on them early. The spurs have the best chance against them, bc they are a veteran team with another solid defense, and DPOY and they are also not out of games or have their competitive spirit broken, specially with all the come back from behind games we have already won with our explosive second unit.

However, we do need to be playing our best basketball, which right now is kind of Dr. Jekill and Mr. Hyde on the O end.

SpursFan86
11-20-2015, 01:44 AM
That Spurs team is not as good as this new Spurs team, which will likely get even better, have homecourt advantage and a high seed this time around. That's why.

It's pretty unlikely we end up having HCA over Golden State.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Precisely because of their explosive scoring they are never out of games. I remember how they beat the Pelicans after Pels had a 20 point lead or somewhere along those lines last season, and several of their wins this season already have been coming from behind at some point. That kind of explosive scoring with a tough defense allows them to feel confident that they are never out of possibility to come back in a game. You won't break their competitive spirit getting a lead on them early. The spurs have the best chance against them, bc they are a veteran team with another solid defense, and DPOY and they are also not out of games or have their competitive spirit broken, specially with all the come back from behind games we have already won with our explosive second unit.

However, we do need to be playing our best basketball, which right now is kind of Dr. Jekill and Mr. Hyde on the O end.

Agreed, and the more I think about it, maybe instead of getting another shooter by the deadline to try to match their shooting, maybe we should try to get another defensive player to throw at them. Too bad Bud won't hook us up with Sefolosha.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:50 AM
It's pretty unlikely we end up having HCA over Golden State.

I meant HCA against everyone else but the Dubs.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 01:52 AM
FWIW, local Dubs media and their fans here in the Bay Area think the Spurs are their main threat and haven't forgotten how we've owned them.

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2015, 02:00 AM
They're having a historically great run with the best guard since Dad Killer playing in his prime, and a perfect group of young role players around him..there are plenty of reasons to fear them, tbh..67 wins, only 5 playoff losses and 13 straight, mostly dominant wins to begin the subsequent season isn't a fluke:lol..

The Spurs are the only team in the West that can beat them, on paper, but it's going to require:
- Green getting hot from 3
- Manu still having his legs in the playoffs/Parker not taking the same route as 2015
- Aldridge getting into shape and being able to exploit Draymond Green in the paint
- The chemistry/roles being resolved by April

It's certainly possible, but the Warriors should be favored by a significant number if the teams meet in a series..they have continuity and youth on their side, which is a huge advantage against a team still trying to figure out how to implement a major piece, and also still relying on 3 ancient players to play key roles..

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 02:03 AM
They're having a historically great run with the best guard since Dad Killer playing in his prime, and a perfect group of young role players around him..there are plenty of reasons to fear them, tbh..67 wins, only 5 playoff losses and 13 straight, mostly dominant wins to begin the subsequent season isn't a fluke:lol..

The Spurs are the only team in the West that can beat them, on paper, but it's going to require:
- Manu still having his legs in the playoffs and Parker not taking the same route as 2015
- Aldridge getting into shape and being able to exploit Draymond Green in the paint

It's certainly possible, but the Warriors should be favored by a significant number if the teams meet in a series..

But that's without considering what happens by the trade and waiver deadlines, tbh. Then again, the Dubs might get an addition by then, too.

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Agreed, and the more I think about it, maybe instead of getting another shooter by the deadline to try to match their shooting, maybe we should try to get another defensive player to throw at them. Too bad Bud won't hook us up with Sefolosha.

Call me crazy and I am probably having my eyes colored by my fandom, but I would expect some play from Anderson in the second unit. Two reasons: (1) He's better defensively than we thought, and has shown potential early. Pop has already called him for defensive possessions at the end of the shot clock here or there and to close out games, and he's come through. That is key. HIs offensive game is behind, but defensively he's shown potential defending the 3 point shot, and Pop is not giving on him this early, despite Rasual looking better some games. He's also subbed for Danny and Kawhi for a couple of minutes when these two were stinking it up very early in the season. That is kind of unheard of for a second year player that barely played for us last season. Pop is really being very strict on the defensive play of our wings. (2) Pop keeps giving him chances despite the fact that offensively he's not very developed. Pop keeps coaching him specially hard on defensive mistakes. Literally none allowed from him. It seems like the kind of coaching you have with a young player to get through to him to not forget on whatever the mistake was.

I don't think he will be a big factor for us because he's clearly a developing young player, who still needs a lot of work on his shot, but Pop keeps giving him chances, and he's shown talent on defense. I would not be surprised to see him for some defensive possessions.

Just in general though, the play from Tony and Manu looking so good is the most important factor on our perimeter.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Call me crazy and I am probably having my eyes colored by my fandom, but I would expect some play from Anderson in the second unit. Two reasons: (1) He's better defensively than we thought, and has shown potential early. Pop has already called him for defensive possessions at the end of the shot clock here or there and to close out games, and he's come through. That is key. HIs offensive game is behind, but defensively he's shown potential defending the 3 point shot, and Pop is not giving on him this early, despite Rasual looking better some games. He's also subbed for Danny and Kawhi for a couple of minutes when these two were stinking it up very early in the season. That is kind of unheard of for a second year player that barely played for us last season. Pop is really being very strict on the defensive play of our wings. (2) Pop keeps giving him chances despite the fact that offensively he's not very developed. Pop keeps coaching him specially hard on defensive mistakes. Literally none allowed from him. It seems like the kind of coaching you have with a young player to get through to him to not forget on whatever the mistake was.

I don't think he will be a big factor for us because he's clearly a developing young player, who still needs a lot of work on his shot, but Pop keeps giving him chances, and he's shown talent on defense. I would not be surprised to see him for some defensive possessions.

Just in general though, the play from Tony and Manu looking so good is the most important factor on our perimeter.

True but the problem for Anderson vs. the Dubs is their speed. His length could disrupt their passing lanes but he'd have to gamble alot against them and I'm not sure Pop would feel comfortable with him out there against them.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 02:17 AM
The kyle hype is nauseous

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 02:19 AM

He's got potential, tbh. Hope Bud buys into it and takes him if it helps us get Sefolosha in return, though that's a pipe dream.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 02:26 AM
He's got potential, tbh. Hope Bud buys into it and takes him if it helps us get Sefolosha in return, though that's a pipe dream.

He's a dleaguer

Obstructed_View
11-20-2015, 02:34 AM
They're very good, but the Clippers played so stupid in the 4th quarter that they deserved to lose. Gambling on defense, leaving people wide open, taking terrible jumpers with no ball movement. And someone needs to explain to Chris Paul why point guards roll the ball inbounds and wait fifteen seconds, and why you should NOT do it when you're up by a dozen points.

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 02:42 AM

He's a dleaguer
So was Danny and Cojo at some point. I do believe young players can improve with coaching, but you are entitled to your opinion as well. It makes me nauseus too.

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2015, 02:45 AM

The Spurs are over the luxury so that won't be possible since their salaries don't match.

LarryDavid
11-20-2015, 02:45 AM

- Manu still having his legs in the playoffs/Parker not taking the same route as 2015

It's certainly possible, but the Warriors should be favored by a significant number if the teams meet in a series..they have continuity and youth on their side, which is a huge advantage against a team still trying to figure out how to implement a major piece, and also still relying on 3 ancient players to play key roles..

May sound obvious, but defense and controlling the pace may be the only way. I mean like 04/05 level defense. They tailored the offense in 2011/2012 with the goal of beating the Heat, and I think taking that same approach with defense is what it's going to take to beat the Warriors. The Dubs play at such a high pace that I don't think the Spurs can keep up with them if they try to match it. So slowing the game down, limit the number of possessions, funnel plays defensively to TD/LMA and hope Kawhi frustrates Curry on the perimeter.

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2015, 02:48 AM
True but the problem for Anderson vs. the Dubs is their speed. His length could disrupt their passing lanes but he'd have to gamble alot against them and I'm not sure Pop would feel comfortable with him out there against them.

Kyle might come in handy when the Warriors are playing the Livingston/Klay/Iggy/Barnes/Draymond line-up since Patty can't guard any of them in the post.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 02:51 AM
So was Danny and Cojo at some point. I do believe young players can improve with coaching, but you are entitled to your opinion as well. It makes me nauseus too.

Yeah because danny and cojo were this slow as fuck. Danny and cojo could hit a jumper to save their lives. Danny and cojo wouldnt get overtaken by a 36 year old in the rotation :lol

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Yeah because danny and cojo were this slow as fuck. Danny and cojo could hit a jumper to save their lives. Danny and cojo wouldnt get overtaken by a 36 year old in the rotation :lol
Keep on your state of mind and you will probably go crazy all through the season, since Pop will continue to give chances to this young player. The fact Rasual is playing over him is no insult since Rasual was starting for the Wiz last season at some point and playing more minutes than Otto Porter a 3rd pick of the draft and an arguably more talented player than Rasual. Rasual has looked better than Danny at some points TBH. So if that is your insult, it is no insult. But like I said you have your view and it is nauseous too.

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2015, 03:02 AM
May sound obvious, but defense and controlling the pace may be the only way. I mean like 04/05 level defense. They tailored the offense in 2011/2012 with the goal of beating the Heat, and I think taking that same approach with defense is what it's going to take to beat the Warriors. The Dubs play at such a high pace that I don't think the Spurs can keep up with them if they try to match it. So slowing the game down, limit the number of possessions, funnel plays defensively to TD/LMA and hope Kawhi frustrates Curry on the perimeter.

The Spurs were rebuilding in 2011/12 season after trading George for Kawhi & inserting Danny/Tiago into the rotation. They picked up Diaw midseason & went on a roll before being knocked out by OKC. The Heat had lost to the Mavs & it was a lockout season so I don't think Pop built the team to defeat the Heat. It was in 2013-14 that Pop installed the motion offense to run the Heat's scramble defense to the ground.

Against the Warriors, the Spurs have the ability to control the pace & punish them inside but they can't suffocate them w/ their defense b/c LMA/Tim can't guard Draymond nor switch onto Curry & the Warrior offense revolves on the Curry/Draymond PnP. It's just like the Nash/Amare PnR that Pop conceded but made it a point to not help & shut down the role players. LMA basically has to at least match Draymond bucket-for-bucket or get him in foul trouble b/c he can't guard him on the perimeter.

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 03:06 AM
They are TO prone, so you have to play the passing lanes to a degree, and force some TO too. Pace is key bc if they loop you into their game of crazy fast zipping the ball and you can't keep up with them, on top of them raining 3s, that is a recipe for disaster. You are right we need a slower pace, dominate on rebounds, and of course, transition defense, which according to Pop killed us against the Clips (also probably why he felt he needed to be fouling Deandre, which backfired on us. But when you consider all the minutes that went to Marco, Patty, a hobbled Tony, how Danny was off that series and not consistent on his defensive effort until the 7th game, Manu really looking and probably feeling very old and hobbled at that point of the season, its really a surprise we almost won that series.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 03:07 AM
Keep on your state of mind and you will probably go crazy all through the season, since Pop will continue to give chances to this young player. The fact Rasual is playing over him is no insult since Rasual was starting for the Wiz last season at some point and playing more minutes than Otto Porter a 3rd pick of the draft and an arguably more talented player than Rasual. Rasual has looked better than Danny at some points TBH. So if that is your insult, it is no insult. But like I said you have your view and it is nauseous too.

You sound like you're about to cry. Cant defend your argument without forgetting that you're a woman for 5minutes?

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 03:14 AM
You sound like you're about to cry. Cant defend your argument without forgetting that you're a woman for 5minutes?

apalisoc_9
11-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Fangirls :lmao

Obstructed_View
11-20-2015, 07:08 AM

Actually, Cory Joseph was in EXACTLY the same position at this stage of his career and he lost minutes to Nando De Colo. 11 games into his second season, Kyle Anderson has already played more NBA minutes than Danny Green did his second year in the league.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 08:30 AM
Actually, Cory Joseph was in EXACTLY the same position at this stage of his career and he lost minutes to Nando De Colo. 11 games into his second season, Kyle Anderson has already played more NBA minutes than Danny Green did his second year in the league.

But they had athelticism. Both are Jordan when compared to kyle

Obstructed_View
11-20-2015, 11:50 AM
But they had athelticism. Both are Jordan when compared to kyle
Equally lame argument considering the guy starting at center for this team.

SpursFan86
11-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Out of curiosity, what lineup do you think the Spurs would/should go to in order to combat the Warriors' smallball lineup of Curry/Klay/Iggy/Barnes/Green (probably their most effective lineup)?

Parker (or Mills, depending on what shape Parker is in)/Manu/Green/Kawhi/Aldridge is the first one that comes to mind. Could also play Boris instead of Aldridge, but I like the idea of Aldridge having a height advantage against Draymond. Depending on how much he can exploit that matchup, it could force the Warriors to play a more traditional lineup...something that would work to our advantage IMO.

In that scenario, Parker would likely have to be hidden on Barnes. Obviously you'd rather be beaten by Harrison Barnes as opposed to Curry, but I still worry about sticking Parker on him. That also makes playing Mills hard, because Parker is at least 6'3" and has some weight on him (cue the Porker jokes :lol ). Mills guarding Barnes or Iggy would be a complete disaster.

SpurPadre
11-20-2015, 12:24 PM
The Spurs are over the luxury so that won't be possible since their salaries don't match.

I was thinking more of including Anderson in a package deal for Thabo.

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2015, 03:08 PM

I wasn't referring to anything stylistically, it's too early to make conclusions about that right now IMO, I was just listing required personnel performances..

- As we have seen since 2012, the Spurs look like a different team when Danny Green is in the fire stage of his IcyHot cycles..it's especially important against the Warriors, as they are absolutely loaded with perimeter players, which makes it necessary for Green to play 30+ IMO to match their lineups..

- Since 2013, we have seen that the Spurs need at least one of Manu/Parker to be playing at an All-Star level..in the Clippers series, last year, neither of them was effective..it would be nice if they could both be playing at a high level in May, but I'm not counting on it..let's just hope 1 of them is playing at an All-Star level at that point, and that the other one isn't a liability(Manu in 2013 was a liability, as was Parker in 2015)

- Aldridge has to dominate his offensive matchup, as Kawhistorm said..the Cavs had success vs. Golden State since Mozgov and Thompson were able to overwhelm the Warriors lack of size up front..Aldridge is levels more talented than either of those players, obviously..Kawhi routinely gives the Warriors problems, Iguodala and Barnes have always struggled against him, defensively, he will be the #1, but Aldridge needs to be a legit offensive star in that potential series, rather than the Aldridge we have seen to start this season(he has been fine overall IMO, accepting his role and all that, but he will need to be the offensive star he was in Portland vs. the Warriors)

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Also, I really don't mind trying Parker or Mills on Barnes, tbh..while the Warriors have elite/great role players all over the court, they still rely entirely on Curry's gravitational pull outside of the 3-point line, which creates 4 vs. 3 opportunities..

Green and Iguodala are really good passers for their positions, but their playmaking success is based on the attention that Curry receives..

Klay Thompson can score 40 points on mismatches, for example, but he has virtually no playmaking ability..he's not a natural playmaker, he's the type of player you can allow to score a ton of points, but it will freeze others out, unlike Curry..

Barnes is the best option for this strategy, as he's a very limited passer, and he's not good enough to score an efficient 30 per game, even with a mismatch..however, this isn't Mark Jackson:lol..Steve Kerr has actually discussed this type of strategy in interviews in the past, he doesn't like diverting from his system and forcing himself to play the mismatch game, so I don't believe this is going to work like it did in 2013, unfortunately..

Ultimately, the Spurs will need to beat them straight up, and it will require exploiting the only potential mismatches(Kawhi vs. anybody, Aldridge vs. smaller defenders), making 3s(Green, Mills) and not allowing Curry to be super-human..

ginobilized
11-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Appropriate fear, health (theirs and ours) and seeding will be necessary to upset the Warriors, if someone else doesn't beat us to the punch.

JeffDuncan
11-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Fear of the Warriors? Must be homophobia. The Warriors are faggots. Or was I not supposed to mention that?

SAGirl
11-20-2015, 04:18 PM
I wasn't referring to anything stylistically, it's too early to make conclusions about that right now IMO, I was just listing required personnel performances..

- As we have seen since 2012, the Spurs look like a different team when Danny Green is in the fire stage of his IcyHot cycles..it's especially important against the Warriors, as they are absolutely loaded with perimeter players, which makes it necessary for Green to play 30+ IMO to match their lineups..

- Since 2013, we have seen that the Spurs need at least one of Manu/Parker to be playing at an All-Star level..in the Clippers series, last year, neither of them was effective..it would be nice if they could both be playing at a high level in May, but I'm not counting on it..let's just hope 1 of them is playing at an All-Star level at that point, and that the other one isn't a liability(Manu in 2013 was a liability, as was Parker in 2015)

- Aldridge has to dominate his offensive matchup, as Kawhistorm said..the Cavs had success vs. Golden State since Mozgov and Thompson were able to overwhelm the Warriors lack of size up front..Aldridge is levels more talented than either of those players, obviously..Kawhi routinely gives the Warriors problems, Iguodala and Barnes have always struggled against him, defensively, he will be the #1, but Aldridge needs to be a legit offensive star in that potential series, rather than the Aldridge we have seen to start this season(he has been fine overall IMO, accepting his role and all that, but he will need to be the offensive star he was in Portland vs. the Warriors)
I agree with all your points.

-To have both Tony and Manu healthy and playing well feels almost a necessity but I agree with you. AT least we need one of them to have their confidence and swagger, even if the other one is not at his best. We can survive with one of them not at his best as long as they are not being a hindrance with TO and bad decisions.

-Also agree with you that both Kawhi and Aldridge need to dominate their matchups offensively and be a nightmare to deal with. Kawhi I am not concerned about, he truly is playing like a star. His defensive intensity will be required as well as his offensive game. Aldridge is the one who is not hitting his stride yet. We need him to dominate the small ball lineup. At least we know he is rebounding and playing solid defensively, but offensively he's still lost and not finding his rhythm.

Em-City
11-20-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't think either Manu or Tony were all-star level when we best the heat in the finals

lilbthebasedgod
11-20-2015, 07:13 PM
I don't think either Manu or Tony were all-star level when we best the heat in the finals
But the warriors are many levels better than the heat we played. On both offense and defense.

100%duncan
11-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Equally lame argument considering the guy starting at center for this team.

What? Comparing a top 5 player to a player who gets hype with no achievements to back it up with? That's the lame argument brah :lmao

GSH
11-20-2015, 08:00 PM
The Spurs were rebuilding in 2011/12 season after trading George for Kawhi & inserting Danny/Tiago into the rotation.

The truth is, MOST of the people here have never seen a real rebuilding in action. The Spurs have had 16 seasons in a row with 50+ wins, and would have 18 if not for the shortened lockout season. You should go have a visit with some Laker fans, and ask them what it's really like. Better still, talk to some die-hard Knicks fans. They've essentially been rebuilding for 20 years.

What nobody has mentioned (including any sportswriters I've seen) is that the Spurs' FG% is almost identical to the Warriors'. And the Spurs are holding their opponents to a lower FG% than the Dubs. [Spurs are shooting .480 as a team, compared to .483 for Golden State. Spurs' opponents are shooting .417 while GS opponents are shooting .429.]

There are 3 reasons that GS is scoring so many more points, and their point differential is so much higher.
1. 3P shooting. Warriors are shooting .413, and Spurs are shooting .353. HUGE difference. Danny needs to find his stroke. The Spurs interior defense is going to have to hold its own, so that they can stay out and guard those 33P shooters.
2. Pace. The Warriors are playing at a 102.3 pace. Damnnn. Spurs are playing at a 97.3 pace. (Basketball-Reference says 98.3 and 93.8, respectively. Same difference.) The Spurs MUST be able to control the pace against Golden State. If they lose their cool and get sucked into a fast-paced game with them, they're almost certainly going to lose.
3. FTA. The Warriors are going to the line 23.7 times per game. Spurs are dead last in the league at 18.0 FTA per game. Part of that comes with their faster pace, but not much. That's a consistent almost-4-point per game differential. The Spurs guards are just not getting to the line.

Obstructed_View
11-21-2015, 07:30 AM
What? Comparing a top 5 player to a player who gets hype with no achievements to back it up with? That's the lame argument brah :lmao

You clearly think that athletic ability and speed are the same thing. The only thing more retarded than that is that you've judged him based on his nickname. You're also shitting on a player with no playing time to get any achievements and comparing him to players that were worse than he was at the same stage in their career.

ceperez
11-21-2015, 08:31 AM
The truth is, MOST of the people here have never seen a real rebuilding in action. The Spurs have had 16 seasons in a row with 50+ wins, and would have 18 if not for the shortened lockout season. You should go have a visit with some Laker fans, and ask them what it's really like. Better still, talk to some die-hard Knicks fans. They've essentially been rebuilding for 20 years.

What nobody has mentioned (including any sportswriters I've seen) is that the Spurs' FG% is almost identical to the Warriors'. And the Spurs are holding their opponents to a lower FG% than the Dubs. [Spurs are shooting .480 as a team, compared to .483 for Golden State. Spurs' opponents are shooting .417 while GS opponents are shooting .429.]

There are 3 reasons that GS is scoring so many more points, and their point differential is so much higher.
1. 3P shooting. Warriors are shooting .413, and Spurs are shooting .353. HUGE difference. Danny needs to find his stroke. The Spurs interior defense is going to have to hold its own, so that they can stay out and guard those 33P shooters.
2. Pace. The Warriors are playing at a 102.3 pace. Damnnn. Spurs are playing at a 97.3 pace. (Basketball-Reference says 98.3 and 93.8, respectively. Same difference.) The Spurs MUST be able to control the pace against Golden State. If they lose their cool and get sucked into a fast-paced game with them, they're almost certainly going to lose.
3. FTA. The Warriors are going to the line 23.7 times per game. Spurs are dead last in the league at 18.0 FTA per game. Part of that comes with their faster pace, but not much. That's a consistent almost-4-point per game differential. The Spurs guards are just not getting to the line.

The stats tell you that the Spurs are settling for the low efficiency mid range jumpers. You either go to the line by taking it to the hoop or you take the high efficiency 3 point short. LMA sucks big time right now because he plays the wrong kind of inefficient game. I can also say the same about David West.

The guy who plays the game correctly (but unfortunately is hesitant) is Diaw. He either takes it to the post or hits a 3 pointer. Unfortunatel he refuses to take them!!! Maybe he's reserving it for the post-season.

100%duncan
11-21-2015, 08:50 AM
You clearly think that athletic ability and speed are the same thing. The only thing more retarded than that is that you've judged him based on his nickname. You're also shitting on a player with no playing time to get any achievements and comparing him to players that were worse than he was at the same stage in their career.

Ok let's judge based on speed, which clearly he's slow as fuck and no not because of the nickname, I've watched him play. Athleticism, he doesn't seem to jump a lot, inability to do so? I don't know. He doesn't have a lot of lift. Agility, I've rarely seen him drive or even draw defenders because of the threat he poses in attacking the rim so there's that.

Don't you think there's also a reason why he doesn't get a lot of minutes? I mean there were tons of playing time last year due to injuries, tons of chances to shine, to show Pop he deserves more but look at where he is now, exactly at the same spot.

SAGirl
11-21-2015, 05:12 PM

This is a very good analysis and I thank you for interesting basketball discussion.
I think your point just emphasizes both are elite teams. In the end, how much we are winning by doesn't matter as long as we win. They are undefeated and we have 3 L. That is more significant. There have been breakdowns at times defensively, but our loses have been resulted more from a bad execution, and up until the Denver game, our first unit was getting outscored badly to the point of being the worst unit for our team that logged regular minutes.

BD24
11-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Out of curiosity, what lineup do you think the Spurs would/should go to in order to combat the Warriors' smallball lineup of Curry/Klay/Iggy/Barnes/Green (probably their most effective lineup)?

Parker (or Mills, depending on what shape Parker is in)/Manu/Green/Kawhi/Aldridge is the first one that comes to mind. Could also play Boris instead of Aldridge, but I like the idea of Aldridge having a height advantage against Draymond. Depending on how much he can exploit that matchup, it could force the Warriors to play a more traditional lineup...something that would work to our advantage IMO.

In that scenario, Parker would likely have to be hidden on Barnes. Obviously you'd rather be beaten by Harrison Barnes as opposed to Curry, but I still worry about sticking Parker on him. That also makes playing Mills hard, because Parker is at least 6'3" and has some weight on him (cue the Porker jokes :lol ). Mills guarding Barnes or Iggy would be a complete disaster.
I actually really like the idea of Boris at the 5 against their small ball lineup.

Boris skull fucked Draymond last year when we played them.

Obstructed_View
11-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Ok let's judge based on speed, which clearly he's slow as fuck and no not because of the nickname, I've watched him play. Athleticism, he doesn't seem to jump a lot, inability to do so? I don't know. He doesn't have a lot of lift.
I suggest that we NOT judge based on speed, because whether or not you think he's slow, no part of his game, now or in college, relies on speed. I'm not sure why you're so ready to write him off for being what he is. NOBODY thought they were drafting James White when they got him. The D league is full of athletes who can't play in the NBA. Kyle has an uncanny ability to draw fouls, he has an uncanny ability to reach in and get steals, and I've seen him make some jaw-dropping blocks, so he certainly appears to have hops when he needs it to go with his length. It's why I get annoyed seeing people who know better writing a talented player off.

Agility, I've rarely seen him drive or even draw defenders because of the threat he poses in attacking the rim so there's that.
At this point I guess I have to accuse you of not seeing him play, because he's good at driving and drawing fouls, something that the Spurs are really going to need this year. He did it all through college and he did it all through summer league and D league.

Don't you think there's also a reason why he doesn't get a lot of minutes?
Yes, I think there are a couple of reasons. The Spurs are completely changing their offense because they added a top five front court player to their roster, they'd like to stay within shouting distance of the Warriors, and they have to try to stay afloat while they figure it out. Pop's leaning more heavily on Kawhi, so he's getting more minutes, and Butler is a vet and is less likely to make the defensive mistake. Pop is notorious for bringing guys along slowly until they do the right things, especially on defense. Once the starting unit is no longer the liability it is right now, Pop will start to work the other guys into the rotation. Until then, expect Kyle to get spot minutes and have a short leash. He didn't make an early mistake last night, and was rewarded with some PT.

I mean there were tons of playing time last year due to injuries, tons of chances to shine, to show Pop he deserves more but look at where he is now, exactly at the same spot.
Except that he's not at the exact same point he was last year. He's at the same point that Cory Joseph was in his second year. Rookies get thrown playing time with no expectations, second year players' minutes are dependent upon performance as Pop sees it. Kyle's going to earn minutes until he fucks up, then he'll get the hammer, then he'll get thrown back in. We've seen it a dozen times before. Pop did it with Joseph, Pop did it with Green, Pop did it with Georgie, Pop did it with Mahinmi, Pop did it with Jack. Hell, Tiago Splitter started 8 games his first two years with the Spurs, and he came in as the best player in Europe, for Pete's sake.

tbdog
11-22-2015, 05:02 PM
I actually really like the idea of Boris at the 5 against their small ball lineup.

Boris skull fucked Draymond last year when we played them.

THIS. This is the one of the biggest reasons why we matchup well with them. Their best defending cant defend Diaw, and the Dubs are forced to double team.

tbdog
11-22-2015, 06:14 PM
The Dubs play a very heavy switching defense. The Heat played heavy hedging defense, with hard traps and relentless covering. This defense is extremely potent but extremely hard to do for an entire season due to how fatiguing it is. Take 4 trips to the finals and I am amaze they could do that. But that defense fits into our style of offense where we make extra passes and constant movement, because the passing beats the recovering defense.

In theory, The Dubs switching defense shouldn't work for entire games, let alone an entire season, however, their small ball line-up of Draymond, Barnes, Iggy, Klay, and Curry, which is a offensive machine side from pure scoring, shooting, and passing stand point, but also their defense can switch on nearly anyone. This takes away the number one most simplest and easiest basketball plays; the pick n roll/pop.

The only way to combat is the dominate the paint and rebounds whilst controlling their offense to force slower players like Bogut to come on. Controlling their offense is the hardest part. The Green and Curry pick and pop is a killer. You are force to go over the screen and hedge hard on Curry which enables Green getting a good look at the top of the arc. Once the defense rotates, their usually is a corner 3 available or a cutting Iggy or Barnes. If you switch, Curry is going to town on any big as the big is forced to smother him 35ft from the basket.

Because of this, teams have to come up with a totally different defense strategy because we haven't had a player since prime Shaq where defenses have to redesign their entire scheme like Curry does.

Hopefully our team make up of two elite perimeter defenders in Leonard and Green and our small ball killer in LMA and Diaw is enough to punish their schemes.

still.focused
11-22-2015, 07:24 PM
THIS. This is the one of the biggest reasons why we matchup well with them. Their best defending cant defend Diaw, and the Dubs are forced to double team.

Historically Green/Warriors cant guard LMA either
Of course we have to actually give him the ball & hed have to keep it, which apparently is harder than it sounds
But he plays very well against GSW

tholdren
11-22-2015, 07:38 PM

Aint gonna happen if LMA is tossing up 18 footers. You have to bully the Warriors. No team is going to out-shoot them. You have to be mean and nasty. Spurs don't seem to have any of that, which has literally always been the reason they fall short even having the best lineup in the NBA. KL is scared. Danny is scared. LMA is a jump-shooter. Spurs have to hope that Tim is still going strong during the playoffs, as well as Manu. David West could be an enforcer, or he could turn into Antonio McDyess. It will be a decent year, but Spurs have a lot of pretty-boys on this team.

Yuixafun
11-22-2015, 09:39 PM
I saw Aldridge battle Cousins emphatically when they played the Kings.

He likes to shoot, but he's physical in the post.

West yes is our junkyard dog..

TIMMY and Manu still fiercely competitive.

Another rough around the edges guy wouldn't hurt tho.

My gut tells me Simmons could prolly hang tough.

There's still Ime Udoka on the coaching staff. I recall reading about when he played overseas, and he was karate chopping chaos to get his teammates out of a rough venue.

Killakobe81
11-23-2015, 11:02 AM
The Dubs play a very heavy switching defense. The Heat played heavy hedging defense, with hard traps and relentless covering. This defense is extremely potent but extremely hard to do for an entire season due to how fatiguing it is. Take 4 trips to the finals and I am amaze they could do that. But that defense fits into our style of offense where we make extra passes and constant movement, because the passing beats the recovering defense.

In theory, The Dubs switching defense shouldn't work for entire games, let alone an entire season, however, their small ball line-up of Draymond, Barnes, Iggy, Klay, and Curry, which is a offensive machine side from pure scoring, shooting, and passing stand point, but also their defense can switch on nearly anyone. This takes away the number one most simplest and easiest basketball plays; the pick n roll/pop.

The only way to combat is the dominate the paint and rebounds whilst controlling their offense to force slower players like Bogut to come on. Controlling their offense is the hardest part. The Green and Curry pick and pop is a killer. You are force to go over the screen and hedge hard on Curry which enables Green getting a good look at the top of the arc. Once the defense rotates, their usually is a corner 3 available or a cutting Iggy or Barnes. If you switch, Curry is going to town on any big as the big is forced to smother him 35ft from the basket.

Because of this, teams have to come up with a totally different defense strategy because we haven't had a player since prime Shaq where defenses have to redesign their entire scheme like Curry does.

Hopefully our team make up of two elite perimeter defenders in Leonard and Green and our small ball killer in LMA and Diaw is enough to punish their schemes.

This. Green is the key (after Curry) he is killing teams with his play-making. It was like Diaw was in stretches in 2014 for the Spurs but he is more aggressive.

spurraider21
12-05-2015, 08:28 PM

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Warriors barely won tonight. They're human, tbh

Richie
12-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Warriors small ball lineup isn't as scary as some make it out to be IMO, they're tough to stop but they have no rim protection. If Tony is on his game he should be able to get to the rim and finish every time against them

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Warriors small ball lineup isn't as scary as some make it out to be IMO, they're tough to stop but they have no rim protection. If Tony is on his game he should be able to get to the rim and finish every time against them
Don't count out draymond and iggy, they can block shots

SpurPadre
12-05-2015, 08:33 PM
CoJo cost the Raps a shot with a game-ending turnover and some bad shots down the stretch.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Aint gonna happen if LMA is tossing up 18 footers. You have to bully the Warriors. No team is going to out-shoot them. You have to be mean and nasty. Spurs don't seem to have any of that, which has literally always been the reason they fall short even having the best lineup in the NBA. KL is scared. Danny is scared. LMA is a jump-shooter. Spurs have to hope that Tim is still going strong during the playoffs, as well as Manu. David West could be an enforcer, or he could turn into Antonio McDyess. It will be a decent year, but Spurs have a lot of pretty-boys on this team.
I would argue the Warriors are even more pretty boy though... KL isn't that scared. Green, maybe. LMA probably. Maybe West can become useful and tear someone's ACL.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:36 PM
CoJo cost the Raps a shot with a game-ending turnover and some bad shots down the stretch.
CancerJo, meh, overpaid, the Raptors' DeMarco Murray tbh

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:40 PM
GSG

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2015, 08:40 PM
I'll let Draymond try to go for 40 by trapping Curry ala Amare going wild in 2005 if LMA can give him the business on the other end.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Why are the Spurs just letting them shoot whatever they want? No contesting, no effort :bang 12 points on our court in 4 minutes is WAY too much!

spurraider21
12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
defending champions off to a record undefeated start and have by far the hottest player in the league having another historic season, and still "meh" reactions here :lol... they're better than the spurs right now, not even debatable

TD 21
12-05-2015, 09:07 PM
defending champions off to a record undefeated start and have by far the hottest player in the league having another historic season, and still "meh" reactions here :lol... they're better than the spurs right now, not even debatable

Who's unaware of this and debating otherwise?

The Spurs have clearly been better than other elite teams throughout many a regular season, yet what did we hear? "Lol regular season champs" and "wait 'til the playoffs" . . . but I guess they didn't have one gift wrapped championship to their credit.

wut
12-05-2015, 09:11 PM
It's interesting because GSWs are young, confident and naive. It reminds me of the Lakers in the 2000s, where they played above their potential just due to confidence. I think Pop is doing the right thing by focusing on defense...he knows it's the only way they can beat the Warriors; and it's the one thing that separates the Spurs from the teams the Warriors are rolling over.

UZER
12-05-2015, 09:19 PM
LMA needs to pin Draymond with the floor spaced like he did in the second half against Zbo the other night.

spurraider21
12-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Who's unaware of this and debating otherwise?

The Spurs have clearly been better than other elite teams throughout many a regular season, yet what did we hear? "Lol regular season champs" and "wait 'til the playoffs" . . . but I guess they didn't have one gift wrapped championship to their credit.
a lot of posters, sadly

TD 21
12-05-2015, 09:26 PM
a lot of posters, sadly

So if they're not singing their praises and bowing down, then that means they're unaware of what they're doing and have no respect for them?

Nathan89
12-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Draymond coming back down to earth on his 3pt shooting. Missed like 14 in a row. Which is pathetic because they are all wide open.

cjw
12-05-2015, 11:27 PM
Draymond coming back down to earth on his 3pt shooting. Missed like 14 in a row. Which is pathetic because they are all wide open.

Except Thompson is now picking things up. But agree that Dray playing at an All Star level is far more dangerous.

And I don't think anyone here thinks the Warriors are overrated. But they're beatable (I should have said they're not unbeatable before people burn me at the stake - it'll be a struggle).

Nathan89
12-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Except Thompson is now picking things up. But agree that Dray playing at an All Star level is far more dangerous.

And I don't think anyone here thinks the Warriors are overrated. But they're beatable (I should have said they're not unbeatable before people burn me at the stake - it'll be a struggle).

That was expected though. Big men shooting is a problem for this team and if Draymond can hit then we are probably screwed.

spurraider21
12-06-2015, 12:48 AM
So if they're not singing their praises and bowing down, then that means they're unaware of what they're doing and have no respect for them?
no they're saying things like the OP of this thread as if GSW is nothing to worry about

Spurs9
12-06-2015, 12:51 AM
I don't think the Warriors have really played any teams smart enough to expose them yet. They aren't some invincible team, at this point they are so concerned with the record they aren't thinking of ever resting the players for a game such as on back to backs. Injuries will catch up to them at some point as they try to hit some meaningless win streak.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Tbh, everyone else looks like they are playing for second at this point.

Kool Bob Love
12-08-2015, 08:46 PM
no they're saying things like the OP of this thread as if GSW is nothing to worry about

^Bandwagon Cali fan having no shame. Change your sn to Warriorraider30 clown.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 08:55 PM
I don't think the Warriors have really played any teams smart enough to expose them yet. They aren't some invincible team, at this point they are so concerned with the record they aren't thinking of ever resting the players for a game such as on back to backs. Injuries will catch up to them at some point as they try to hit some meaningless win streak.

23-0 isn't an every season occurrence one should just gloss over.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 08:56 PM
For us to beat them In a 7 game series green would have to be on fire the whole time..... Still not sure we beat them healthy. I don't like the idea of wishing injury upon another team but at this point that's what it will take.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 09:13 PM
For us to beat them In a 7 game series green would have to be on fire the whole time..... Still not sure we beat them healthy. I don't like the idea of wishing injury upon another team but at this point that's what it will take.

We'd need Green to be hot the whole time, LMA to score 20 a game, and Kawhi to average a double-double and average 2-3 steals a game, TP needs to score at least 10 a game, and Manu to be a factor off the bench in every game including the rest of the bench, none of whom can have an off night...and it would still be up in the air. The Pacers have hit 14 threes tonight at home with their superstar player scoring 32 points and are still losing by double-digits.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 09:28 PM
We'd need Green to be hot the whole time, LMA to score 20 a game, and Kawhi to average a double-double and average 2-3 steals a game, TP needs to score at least 10 a game, and Manu to be a factor off the bench in every game including the rest of the bench, none of whom can have an off night...and it would still be up in the air. The Pacers have hit 14 threes tonight at home with their superstar player scoring 32 points and are still losing by double-digits.

Glad someone has a healthy fear of this team other than me. Never seen anything like them..... They took our 2014 team basketball and took it to a new level.

r0drig0lac
12-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Spurs are lucky to not face GSW now tbh

TrainOfThought5
12-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Glad someone has a healthy fear of this team other than me. Never seen anything like them..... They took our 2014 team basketball and took it to a new level.

This. Theyre makin every other team in the league look like philly. Nasty blowouts and games over by the third quarter.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 09:43 PM

I think living 25 minutes from Oakland and having the ability to see all of their games makes it easier for me to fear them but yeah, it's beyond silly to just swat their accomplishments aside as a defending Champion, especially since our team has never successfully defended a Championship. And yes, they took our 2014 concept...except they have no Bonner, no Ayres, no Daye and have them replaced with competent players. If we win it all this season, it would be the greatest accomplishment the franchise has ever pulled off.

BatManu20
12-08-2015, 09:45 PM
They're the best team in the league right now and it's not even close. Good thing is the season doesn't really start till April. We'll see what happens then.

kxs783kms
12-08-2015, 09:50 PM
They're the best team in the league right now and it's not even close. Good thing is the season doesn't really start till April. We'll see what happens then.

I wouldn't say "it's not even close." They haven't faced a defense like ours this season yet. I read an article that said our defense is having one of the greatest defensive ratings (92.0) since our Spurs team did in '03-'04 or something like that. To put it in perspective, the GSW league leading defensive rating last year was something like 98.2.

Edit: Found the article... http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/12/8/9870134/spurs-smothering-defense-golden-state-offense

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Well, word is Klay sprained his ankle in the closing minutes of the game that had been a laugher until they put their foot off the gas and the Pacers started hitting shots so they had to reinsert Klay into the game. They'll have until Friday for their next game so if he doesn't play and Barnes is still out, they might finally lose a game.

dabom
12-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Wheels starting to fall off when you have the foot on the pedal. :lmao

dabom
12-08-2015, 09:53 PM
We're 4 games back. We are still in running for numero uno tbh. :lol

Mr. Body
12-08-2015, 09:57 PM
I thought Indiana would actually threaten them. Nope.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't say "it's not even close." They haven't faced a defense like ours this season yet. I read an article that said our defense is having one of the greatest defensive ratings (92.0) since our Spurs team did in '03-'04 or something like that. To put it in perspective, the GSW league leading defensive rating last year was something like 98.2.

Edit: Found the article... http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/12/8/9870134/spurs-smothering-defense-golden-state-offense

Actually, they have faced a defense that's pretty damn strong in the Bulls (ranked at #4) and dropped 106 on them. They also just dropped 131 points on the road against the team with the 6th best defensive rating without Barnes. So yeah, I'd say it's not even close right NOW. We are the only team that can beat them this season but we're clearly not they're yet.

DMC
12-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Spurs are lucky to not face GSW now tbh
We need to face them now, earlier is better so we can adjust.

davidbowie
12-08-2015, 10:02 PM
i honestly think they will break the bulls record. these games arent even close.

it sucks cause we are doing so well too but it's just these assholes literally cant lose :lol

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 10:05 PM

Pop wouldn't make a real adjustment for one team until the playoffs. It's about being ready to face that challenge and they're not ready yet.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
i honestly think they will break the bulls record. these games arent even close.

it sucks cause we are doing so well too but it's just these assholes literally cant lose :lol

And it looks like the refs will let them get away with murder if it's going down to the wire too, as evidenced in their two games vs. the Raptors. They have everything in their favor right now. They're at the point where injuries to key players are only a mild bother that makes games a smidgen more competitive. It's fucking ridiculous. I hope we reach that point after the AS break.

ParadoxEN
12-08-2015, 10:08 PM

Lol

dumb moofacker

kxs783kms
12-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Actually, they have faced a defense that's pretty damn strong in the Bulls (ranked at #4) and dropped 106 on them. They also just dropped 131 points on the road against the team with the 6th best defensive rating without Barnes. So yeah, I'd say it's not even close right NOW. We are the only team that can beat them this season but we're clearly not they're yet.

They gave up 124 though. I see if they would of held them to under 90 or something. But they gave up 124 lol. It's closer than you think.

DMC
12-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Pop wouldn't make a real adjustment for one team until the playoffs. It's about being ready to face that challenge and they're not ready yet.

He'd know what he needed to adjust and have more time to work on it. You don't wait until the playoffs to think "Hey, we lost back in December to the Warriors because we didn't close out the 3pt shooters well enough, I'll bring that up in the lockerroom"

TheGreatYacht
12-08-2015, 10:15 PM
A bunch of pussies in here. Acting like the Spurs aren't playing the 4th best defense in history. 50 guests viewing this thread, y'all gassing up gook central or whatever the Warrior forum is called

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 10:15 PM
They gave up 124 though. I see if they would of held them to under 90 or something. But they gave up 124 lol. It's closer than you think.

Many of those points scored on them tonight were against their C squad. They had to score 40 in the 4th just to make it more respectable. And again, they're missing Barnes too. The main point is that they dictate how you play them while playing solid d when they have to or just outscore you if they can't stop you. We have the personnel to play great perimeter D on them but do we have the firepower to take advantage? We'll see but we're the ones with question marks, not them.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 10:17 PM
He'd know what he needed to adjust and have more time to work on it. You don't wait until the playoffs to think "Hey, we lost back in December to the Warriors because we didn't close out the 3pt shooters well enough, I'll bring that up in the lockerroom"

It's not about that; it's about not showing your hand early and that's a classic Pop go-to, you know that.

12-08-2015, 10:17 PM
They were up 30+ going into the 4th. The bench gave up the lead.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 10:20 PM

They took their gas off the pedal because they were destroying them. It's like when we play shit teams and let them get back in it except the pacers players well and are a pretty good team. Could have beat them by 30.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 10:21 PM
A bunch of pussies in here. Acting like the Spurs aren't playing the 4th best defense in history. 50 guests viewing this thread, y'all gassing up gook central or whatever the Warrior forum is called

Time to come to reality bruh. They're fucking sick.

Nathan89
12-08-2015, 10:27 PM

Tp is going to need much more than 10 pts per game. His quickness is actually a big advantage against a few of their bigs. He needs to get to the rim to score or at least in the paint to pass it to a roll man or to an open shooter.

TheGreatYacht
12-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Time to come to reality bruh. They're fucking sick.
They stomping on weak ass teams, most impressive wins came against the Clips who are off at a GREAT 12-9 start.

Let's not act like they haven't been our cum dumpster since Curry came into the league. That dyke on estrogen, Curry, lost a game to a depleted Spurs team led by Marco Belinelli. We own them, as evident as last season. Probably the luckiest playoff run of all time tbh

TheDoctor
12-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Spurs got this. PLUS those pansy asses will start to breakdown soon. Starting by Bogut.

houston spurs fan
12-08-2015, 10:41 PM
They stomping on weak ass teams, most impressive wins came against the Clips who are off at a GREAT 12-9 start.

Let's not act like they haven't been our cum dumpster since Curry came into the league. That dyke on estrogen, Curry, lost a game to a depleted Spurs team led by Marco Belinelli. We own them, as evident as last season. Probably the luckiest playoff run of all time tbh
Totally agree with paragraph 1. And, no way Clips should have lost that game, they totally pulled a Clippers and folded like a soft pussy down the stretch...they were up big and had all momentum.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Tp is going to need much more than 10 pts per game. His quickness is actually a big advantage against a few of their bigs. He needs to get to the rim to score or at least in the paint to pass it to a roll man or to an open shooter.

With LMA and Kawhi needing to go alpha and for Green to be set up for spot up 3's in a potential 7 game series against them, it wouldn't be the time or place for TP to go off. We need him to be efficient, hence my at least 10 a game goal. He has to accept he's not going to win a dick measuring contest with Curry but if he can pick his spots and dish some nice passes to Kawhi and LMA, that will be what he needs to do. And regarding Green hitting 3's, I'm talking '13 Finals Green.

TheGreatYacht
12-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Totally agree with paragraph 1. And, no way Clips should have lost that game, they totally pulled a Clippers and folded like a soft pussy down the stretch...they were up big and had all momentum.
Let the Gay Area folks have something nice for once, instead of their daily dose of shankings tbh. Spurs will be waiting for the Golden Shower Warriors in Jan.

Nathan89
12-08-2015, 11:09 PM
With LMA and Kawhi needing to go alpha and for Green to be set up for spot up 3's in a potential 7 game series against them, it wouldn't be the time or place for TP to go off. We need him to be efficient, hence my at least 10 a game goal. He has to accept he's not going to win a dick measuring contest with Curry but if he can pick his spots and dish some nice passes to Kawhi and LMA, that will be what he needs to do. And regarding Green hitting 3's, I'm talking '13 Finals Green.

Disagree we need Tp to be healthy and aggressive. The more active he is the more efficient shots the team will get. One of the biggest advantages we have on offense against their starting unit is using Tp's quickness exploiting Bogut's defense.

TheGreatYacht
12-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Lol wut.

The best way to beat them is to make Steph work on defense.... Lowry did that and they nearly won.

Parker was unstoppable in the playoffs against GS, no matter who was on him. Shit, just go back to last season where Golden State looked like they do now... Parker before the injury murdered them in Oracle.

http://youtu.be/T_C0TKtoF0A

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Disagree we need Tp to be healthy and aggressive. The more active he is the more efficient shots the team will get. One of the biggest advantages we have on offense against their starting unit is using Tp's quickness exploiting Bogut's defense.

Curry averages 2.23 steals a game and had 3 clear swipes off Hill tonight who struggled to get passed him with any effectiveness in the paint. 3 of his 4 shots made were 3 pointers. TP doesn't have that 3 point shooting ability. Does that mean I don't want TP to be aggressive? Not at all, he can be aggressive but he can't force drives and shots like he's in his mid 20's against this matchup and I don't want him to test Curry too much. He has to play smart in that matchup.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Lol wut.

The best way to beat them is to make Steph work on defense.... Lowry did that and they nearly won.

Parker was unstoppable in the playoffs against GS, no matter who was on him. Shit, just go back to last season where Golden State looked like they do now... Parker before the injury murdered them in Oracle.

http://youtu.be/T_C0TKtoF0A

Yeah, like this is the same Parker. LOL. Curry's D has improved even compared to last year. He's better at forcing turnovers and at taking advantage of players who want to recklessly drive to the paint on him. His weakness on D is guarding the perimeter but TP's always been hit or miss with that. The best way to beat them is for Kawhi and LMA to be the best players on the team overall and for Kawhi and Green to be at their defensive best at the perimeter against Curry and Klay along with other factors I've already gone over. We do have proven ownage on them but we cannot deny they have vastly improved, even since last year.
Oh and news flash, Lowry is better than TP right now.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 11:26 PM

Sounds like your starting to turn the corner on TP...... tbh, imho tbqh.

SpurPadre
12-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Sounds like your starting to turn the corner on TP...... tbh, imho tbqh.

I love the fun-loving, Tissot-pimping philanderer too but this matchup isn't for him to do anything other than know his role and feed his teammates the damn ball.

TheGreatYacht
12-08-2015, 11:37 PM
I love the fun-loving, Tissot-pimping philanderer too but this matchup isn't for him to do anything other than know his role and feed his teammates the damn ball.
If you want to force feed guys who are being guarded by Draymond and Iggy, you're just asking for the L. Spurs are at their best when the ball is moving... Parker being aggressive opens that up and gets players like Green and Kawhi open.

C'mon man. And don't act like Parker ain't playing great right now, he's been carrying the team when they struggle scoring at the start of second halves. He's healthy enough to do what he did to Golden State last year, the worst season of his career. Curry is a shitty defender, he's basically Allen Iverson on that end. Nothing but passing lane steals

Nathan89
12-08-2015, 11:44 PM
If Parker isn't penetrating their defense we have zero chance. We simply can't be efficient enough without his penetration.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 11:47 PM
If Parker isn't penetrating their defense we have zero chance. We simply can't be efficient enough without his penetration.

So Parker..... is valuable? Are you happy to have him Nathan? Or would you rather get rid of him and start Patty as you said before?

Nathan89
12-08-2015, 11:51 PM
So Parker..... is valuable? Are you happy to have him Nathan? Or would you rather get rid of him and start Patty as you said before?

Patty is only worth considering starting over Parker if he is dogshit like in the playoffs vs the Clippers. He doesn't really have the skills for the job long term.

steeledl
12-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Patty is only worth considering starting over Parker if he is dogshit like in the playoffs vs the Clippers. He doesn't really have the skills for the job long term.

So our backup point guard is valuable when our starter is injured? Gotta give it to Parker... he was gutsy playing that serious despite the injury... Team player.