PDA

View Full Version : Spurs in Worriers' Heads

TheDoctor
01-19-2016, 07:15 PM
|The Spurs' equally historic season| pushes us," Thompson told Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavaliers-prove-to-be-no-match-for-warriors-151121562.html) when asked about GSW only having a 2-game lead in the standings. "It definitely makes us better, knowing that they're behind us. They're playing great. It's going to be fun when we see them next week. There are some good teams behind the Cavs in the East, but not a monster like San Antonio. But that's going to make us better, to be honest with you."

BillMc
01-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Good find.:toast

We are the monster at the end of the book. :hat

raybies
01-19-2016, 07:30 PM

Sigh, I forget...

tonight...you
01-19-2016, 07:41 PM
Good find.:toast

We are the monster at the end of the book. :hat
The Spurs are the perpetual Night of the Living Dead for the entire nation other than that small spot in central Texas where it's been Halcyon Days with the Angels for the past two decades.

Gotta love it.

BillMc
01-19-2016, 07:48 PM
The Spurs are the perpetual Night of the Living Dead for the entire nation other than that small spot in central Texas where it's been Halcyon Days with the Angels for the past two decades.

Gotta love it.

Amen bro!

DarrinS
01-19-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm sure they respect the Spurs, as evidenced in that quote. I wouldn't interpret that as being in their heads, tbh. That team is at peak confidence.

tonight...you
01-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Amen bro!
Which, having grown up in CenTex and now living in El Paso (which I love, by the way...): I miss trees!

I miss green things! And I live up in the Franklin mountains which is like Westlake, Austin area with altitude, but...

Some rolling hills and miles of flora would be nice to see instead of metric tons of dirt and giant centipedes and these weird spider/scorp fuckers called Vinegaroons.

100%duncan
01-19-2016, 08:00 PM
What a faggot. Hey dude you're not even the clear cut #3 in your team. Stop choking in the playoffs faggot

Stevie Johnson
01-19-2016, 08:08 PM
What a faggot. Hey dude you're not even the clear cut #3 in your team. Stop choking in the playoffs faggot
You're talking to a champ, chump. Watch how you speak.

SpursFan86
01-19-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm sure they respect the Spurs, as evidenced in that quote. I wouldn't interpret that as being in their heads, tbh. That team is at peak confidence.

Yeah...I mean they asked him how they felt about only having a 2-game lead in the standings, not sure how else he was supposed to respond :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2016, 08:58 PM

Sigh, I forget...

raybies
01-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks bud

GSH
01-19-2016, 11:04 PM
When you've been playing absolutely the best you're capable of playing, and can't shake your competition, it's a worry. But when the other team has the history and reputation that the Spurs have? You're damn right it's in their heads.

Another team, you could think they were playing over their heads. But the Warriors know that the Spurs are doing it on purpose, and that they're really that good. By now, the Warriors are starting to wonder if THEY are really that good. They know they have to keep it up, or the Spurs are going to step on them. They are out in front, but the pressure is all on them.

100%duncan
01-19-2016, 11:26 PM

Lame ass troll doing lame ass troll things

exstatic
01-19-2016, 11:38 PM
The worst thing for GS is that we are resting while doing this, and they are basically killing themselves. If Steph misses a game, they likely lose. Raymond took one game off. They lost. Only Patty, Boris, and Danny have played every game, and none play more than 25 minutes. Kawhi has had 2 games off, LaMarcus and Tony have had 3 games off, and Tim and Manu, 6 each.

LoneStarState'sPride
01-20-2016, 12:00 AM
The worst thing for GS is that we are resting while doing this, and they are basically killing themselves.

Bingo. If GS has to contend with SA after 2 rounds of postseason play after playing this hard right out of the gate, while SA has paced themselves, that could spell trouble for our west coast friends.

Spurtacular
01-20-2016, 12:09 AM
Warriors are very scared of the Spurs. I don't need their PR quotes to know that.

Stevie Johnson
01-20-2016, 12:10 AM
I hope you people understand that our team is actually young. This level of play has been sustained for a season plus postseason and now half of another season. It's just going to keep going. But keep thinking we are going to run out of gas. Whatever makes you all sleep better at night. :lol

Stevie Johnson
01-20-2016, 12:14 AM
Whatever. I'm going to bed very content. We are going to thrash every team up to next Monday and the Spurs will begin to notice. I like how they act like they didn't see Monday's game. They were sitting on their couches watching us put a clinic on a team that gave them so much trouble on their own home court. I shudder to think what we'll do to them in our place. It will be a raping of epic proportions.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Whatever. I'm going to bed very content. We are going to thrash every team up to next Monday and the Spurs will begin to notice. I like how they act like they didn't see Monday's game. They were sitting on their couches watching us put a clinic on a team that gave them so much trouble on their own home court. I shudder to think what we'll do to them in our place. It will be a raping of epic proportions.

Remind me the ebbs & flows of the Christmas game at the Oracle?:wakeup

dabom
01-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Last time this faggot talked to me the Spurs cucked the Warriettes and Kawhi got DPOY award because of it. :lmao

Mnky
01-20-2016, 02:15 AM
I hope you people understand that our team is actually young. This level of play has been sustained for a season plus postseason and now half of another season. It's just going to keep going. But keep thinking we are going to run out of gas. Whatever makes you all sleep better at night. :lol

They're not used to having a short off season. That messes with every athlete. You've already seen it with Barnes, curry, and green. They need better minute management or they're going to flame out like the young Thunder did.

will_spurs
01-20-2016, 02:27 AM

If only transitivity applied to basketball... instead it's all about match-ups and getting into people's heads.

Ozballer
01-20-2016, 03:32 AM
Reg season games will go either way. YET, the Western Conference Finals will be one for the ages if played by the Spurs & Dubs. Possibly marketed as one of the best series in history. Look forward to it. :flag:

gospursgojas
01-20-2016, 04:45 AM
The worst thing for GS is that we are resting while doing this, and they are basically killing themselves. If Steph misses a game, they likely lose. Raymond took one game off. They lost. Only Patty, Boris, and Danny have played every game, and none play more than 25 minutes. Kawhi has had 2 games off, LaMarcus and Tony have had 3 games off, and Tim and Manu, 6 each.

Bender
01-20-2016, 07:47 AM
National TV game... :(

TheDoctor
01-20-2016, 07:48 AM

The Spurs ARE in their heads, remember this quote? After Detroit's beating?

They lost, they were down and the thing that concerned him when asked by the press was to know how many games they had on the Spurs.

:flag:

Fireball
01-20-2016, 08:00 AM

+ road game

TheDoctor
01-20-2016, 08:01 AM

I don't see an NBATv game as a National TV game, but the matchup is going be the most popular sport event that day.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2016, 08:05 AM

But they know the Spurs match up with them perfectly and they can beat them in a playoff series even without HC advantage.

DarrinS
01-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Fear the Spurs? The Warriors Don’t

http://www.sfexaminer.com/fear-the-spurs-the-warriors-dont/

Now that the Warriors have exposed LeBron James and his supporting gags for what many of us thought they were — complete and utter frauds — the Warriors can get on with the real business at hand.

That would be coach Gregg Popovich and his San Antonio Spurs, who will at long last meet the Champs for the first time this season on Monday.

Never mind the Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder and the rest. Only the Spurs can beat a healthy Warriors team in a best-of-seven series. The Pop band is talented, disciplined, experienced and well-coached. Their core group also has been together a while, and in a league where change is a constant, that means a heckuva lot.

So, do the Warriors respect the Spurs? You bet. But fear them? Not in the least.

“I’ll tell you what — the Spurs don’t scare us,” a team official told Balls not long ago. “They made some moves, but they’re an old team. They still depend a lot on [Tim] Duncan and [Tony] Parker and [Manu] Ginobili. By the end of the [regular] season, those guys will be worn down.

“That’s where we have a big advantage — our nucleus is a lot younger than theirs. In the playoffs, we’ll have fresher legs and that will be the difference.”

The addition of LaMarcus Aldridge was supposed to put the Spurs over the top, some predicted. While the big guy has been good, he hasn’t been great. “Aldridge isn’t a real difference-maker,” the VIP said. “Don’t get me wrong — he’s a talented player. But he’s not the type to make those around him better. He’s limited in what he can do. He’s more of a complementary piece.”

Privately, the Warriors aren’t convinced the gap between them and the Spurs has closed at all. If anything, they believe it has widened for no other reason than Draymond Green and Stephen Curry are better than a year ago.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-20-2016, 11:38 AM

Why do the teams keep talking about the Spurs as old.

30 & Younger
Green - 28
Mills - 28
LMA - 30
Boban - 27
Simmons - 26
KA - 23
Kawhi - 25

Over 30

Duncan - 39
Manu - 37
Parker - 33
Diaw - 34
West - 35

That is some stupid thinking by the Warriors. What makes the Spurs great is that their bench comes in and there isn't a drop in production from the starters. They hail like 6 players in the top 10 in +/- coming off the bench for the entire NBA. Just look at the Cleveland game. It was the bench that won that game. And the other game the Spurs almost lost at home, Minny of all teams, again it was the bench that secure that victory.

If you look at past games, the Spurs bench has ALWAYS exposed the GSW bench, which is short compared to the Spurs. Spurs keep throwing bodies at you and that is why EVERYONE is fresh at this point. I thought the Spurs team 3 years ago was the deepest ever. But this team, 1 through 15, can play solid minutes and beat 80% of the team's in this league on any given night.

And the same can't be said about the Warriors. Take out Curry or Green, and that team would be lucky to beat 50% of the teams any given night. All 15 of the Spurs players would be rank in the top 12 for defensive efficiency ratings, which is insane. Warrior highest, Green at 14th. That is the reason why the Spurs are having a record breaking season thus far this year.

Over confidence is always a bad thing.

PrimeMinister
01-20-2016, 11:46 AM

What a retarded thing to say on a spurs forum. Even if you are trolling. Fucking hell hahahahahaha

Chinook
01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
I actually hope the Spurs don't catch them before the April miniseries. Running from the front is extremely exhausting and tiring. I want Golden State to be sprinting while looking behind them the entire season, because it will totally lead to them stumbling out of the gate in the playoffs. And if the Pelicans get the eighth-spot or if the Jazz can stay healthy, I expect a bloodbath similar to the Pacers and Hawks.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 12:56 PM
I actually hope the Spurs don't catch them before the April miniseries. Running from the front is extremely exhausting and tiring. I want Golden State to be sprinting while looking behind them the entire season, because it will totally lead to them stumbling out of the gate in the playoffs. And if the Pelicans get the eighth-spot or if the Jazz can stay healthy, I expect a bloodbath similar to the Pacers and Hawks.

The Pelicans are a terrible mess & their frontline is complete shyt outside of Davis (Anderson can't guard anyone) along with them not having any 3&D players (Dante Cunningham/Alonzo Gee:lmao).

I would give the Kings w/ Marco's:lol/Rondo's championship experience, a vet coach in Furious George & the best postup player in the league a much better chance if Rudy Gay has one of those 2 week stretches where he plays like a 1st ballot HOFer.:lol

Chinook
01-20-2016, 01:43 PM
The Pelicans have the talent and coaching. They just need to come together. I like their match-up, even if GS should win in five or less.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 01:49 PM
The Pelicans have the talent and coaching. They just need to come together. I like their match-up, even if GS should win in five or less.

They aren't winning a game w/ Cunnigham/Asik starting & Gee/Ajinca backing them up.:lol

Curry lit them up like a Christmas tree last postseason & he might average 40 on them this season factoring in his improvement. They also have no wing defender to check Klay so he's going to have a couple of those games where he goes off for 20+ in a quarter. Ryan Anderson would also get torched even worse w/ an improved version of Draymond.:lol

spursistan
01-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Healthy Jazz are the only 8th seed i could see taking a game off the Warriors (by virtue of playing in that arena alone there will be at least one close game)..IMO?that team is the real 5th seed for this season but got ravaged by injuries..

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 02:00 PM
Healthy Jazz are the only 8th seed i could see taking a game off the Warriors (by virtue of playing in that arena alone there will be at least one close game)..IMO?that team is the real 5th seed for this season but got ravaged by injuries..

The Jazz are a pesky team & the Favors injury might have been a blessing in disguise since Lyles is ballin'. The Gobert/Favors/Lyles/Booker frontline is very mobile & can punk the Warriors. Hayward/Hood can outplay Klay/Barnes & Burks/Burke can neutralize Iggy/Livingston. Neto is a pesky defender that can irritate Curry like Delly. They have one of the best home-court advantage so they should be able to get one game & give them a tough 5 game series.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-20-2016, 02:10 PM

lol, sound like a bunch of quotes from a third grader

letmk
01-20-2016, 02:33 PM
That Warriors beating the Cavs badly is actually a good news for the Spurs. It's always dangerous to under-estimate your opponents before a game. With their 2 losses to Nuggets and Pistons, the 4-loss Warriors were even deemed by many as an underdog against the Spurs. Now the bet would be on the Warriors again, it would help the Spur's players' mental getting ready for the game.

DeRozan m8
01-20-2016, 03:52 PM
I can see Klay shaking from here

Vito Corleone
01-20-2016, 04:18 PM

Let me share some truth with you.

The NBA is about Matchups.

Golden State does not matchup up very well with San Antonio.

You see your offense is good, but you have no one that can handle our inside game. None of your bigs are good enough, period. With that said, the Spurs does have the perimeter defense to keep under wraps. Curry will get his, and Klay will have a good game, but the Spurs will make those guys work on defense we will however throw waves of guys at you.

Spurs will ware your team down and beat you up down low. We can matchup with your small ball, you can't matchup to our big ball.

SpurPadre
01-20-2016, 04:45 PM
That Warriors beating the Cavs badly is actually a good news for the Spurs. It's always dangerous to under-estimate your opponents before a game. With their 2 losses to Nuggets and Pistons, the 4-loss Warriors were even deemed by many as an underdog against the Spurs. Now the bet would be on the Warriors again, it would help the Spur's players' mental getting ready for the game.

Not necessarily. That automatically made our next Cavs game harder.

PublicOption
01-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Warriors crushed Cavs....because the Cavs had to play the Spurs and Rockets.......I would say we softened them up a little.

PublicOption
01-20-2016, 05:42 PM
BTW
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/San-Diego-Chargers-Trademark-NFL-Los-Angeles-Rams-365804691.html

FkLA
01-20-2016, 06:25 PM

http://i.imgur.com/EpFEodj.jpg

Bender
01-20-2016, 09:42 PM
I don't see an NBATv game as a National TV game, but the matchup is going be the most popular sport event that day.

hmmm... yeah you are right. I thought it was going to be on Natl TV...

I don't consider NBA TV actually national either....

well, that's good then!

Benoit
01-20-2016, 10:27 PM
Warriors are in the heads of Spurs' fans, that's for certain:lol. You guys are obsessed. Every other thread here is about us.

ironman2886
01-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Warriors are in the heads of Spurs' fans, that's for certain:lol. You guys are obsessed. Every other thread here is about us.
Who cares about the fans? This Spurs team is in the Warriors' players' heads.

Kawhitstorm
01-20-2016, 11:48 PM
Who cares about the fans? This Spurs team is in the Warriors' players' heads.

I'm trolling the hell out of the Warriors fans & it's cute to witness them fluttering their feathers.:lol

SpurPadre
01-21-2016, 12:10 AM
Well, the Dubs just ass rammed another decent team on the road. They're a very intimidating team that's clicking everywhere and our Spurs will have to play its best ball of the season on Monday. I'll admit it, going to that game, that team is in my head.