PDA

View Full Version : Parker: Leonard Owes thanks to Duncan, Bowen for Defensive Awards

Pages : [1] 2

scanry
04-28-2016, 01:14 AM
SAN ANTONIO – The way Tony Parker sees it, two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year Kawhi Leonard owes a debt of thanks to teammate Tim Duncan and former Spur Bruce Bowen.

Duncan has been named to the league’s All-Defensive team 15 times, the most in NBA history, and Bowen, who retired in 2009, earned a spot on the squad in seven of the eight seasons he played with San Antonio. But Leonard is the only Spur in franchise history who has been honored as Defensive Player of the Year.

While Parker expressed joy Monday for Leonard, who has won the defensive award the last two years, he made it clear that it doesn’t sit well with him that Duncan and Bowen never received the honor.

“I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said. “I felt like before, Bruce definitely should have won one of those years and I’m surprised Timmy never won the defensive (award). But I think back in the day, the Spurs didn’t get that much respect. We had to earn that respect. Now everybody respects the Spurs, so they don’t forget Kawhi. That’s just my personal opinion.

“I felt like Bruce and Timmy should have won before, but it’s just like that. Everybody who won deserves it, that’s for sure, but I felt like we’ve been a great defensive team for a long time, and Timmy and Bruce, they never won it, so that’s weird. And now Kawhi, he gets all the awards. It’s great because he deserves it, too, but he can say thank you to Timmy and Bruce.”

Parker, who is in his 15th season with the Spurs, made his comments after Leonard received the defensive award during a news conference at the team’s practice facility. Leonard, a forward, is the first player to win the defensive award in back-to-back years since Dwight Howard won three in a row (2009-11). Leonard, 24, is also the first player other than a center to be named the league’s top defensive player in consecutive seasons since Dennis Rodman (1990-91).

Leonard had four steals and three blocks in the Spurs’ 106-74 win over the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series Sunday night at the AT&T Center. The Silver and Black also will host Game 2, scheduled for 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Veteran guard Manu Ginobili was asked if Leonard is the best defensive player he’s ever seen during his career.

“Well, it’s not a big competition. It’s him or Bruce,” Ginobili said. “Bruce was remarkable. He did less plays that draw highlights, but he was as consistent as it gets. With Kawhi, the fact that his blocks, his steals and dunks, and that type of play, he draws more attention. But both are just incredible and it’s not easy to get a defensive player of the year award.”

The Spurs never quite had a player like Bowen, a relentless lockdown defender who always guarded the opposition’s best perimeter shooter. In short, Bowen embodied the Spurs’ philosophy that winning basketball is grounded in outstanding defense.

“We think if you’re going to be the last team standing, you have to be a heck of a defensive team,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “It doesn’t mean you’re going to win it, but it gives you an opportunity to be in the ballpark, for sure. We’ve always believed that, right or wrong, and probably always will, because I’m still here. I’m still standing.”

So who’s the better on-ball defender, Leonard or Bowen? Popovich drew laughter from the media with his reply.

“Bruce who,” he joked. “What have you done for me lately? Is that the world we live in? Absolutely.”

(© 2016 KENS)

http://www.kens5.com/opinion/contributors/david-flores/parker-leonard-owes-thanks-to-duncan-bowen-for-defensive-awards/142183173

LongtimeSpursFan
04-28-2016, 01:18 AM
He's right that DPOY award is a joke. Duncan and Bowen should have several additional trophies on their mantle. Next thing you know they'll start giving the Finals MVP to players that show up for 2-3 games out of the series.

dabom
04-28-2016, 01:26 AM
:lmao

YGWHI
04-28-2016, 01:31 AM
He's right that DPOY award is a joke. Duncan and Bowen should have several additional trophies on their mantle. Next thing you know they'll start giving the Finals MVP to players that show up for 2-3 games out of the series. MEOW, MEOW!!

Poor Cat Crew...Getting fat and drinking alone at home.

https://36.media.tumblr.com/7548e4b01f411e7200772def94db1a10/tumblr_nt7b8yQpX51udu78vo1_500.jpg

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 01:34 AM
Leonard is unquesionably the better defender than Bowen. Hes also the best defender for the best defensive spurs team ever whilst not having a Tim Duncan to cover up for him.

Tim Duncan not winning one, specially in 09 is a joke. If the new age media existed then, he would have won..

Parker is salty as hell though. What a great temate he is :lmao

Get that nigga out of the team.now

exstatic
04-28-2016, 01:37 AM
It hurts your chances for any award to have competition from one of your own teammates. Bowen's entire Spurs career was spent during the Duncan era. They probably diluted each other's support and votes.

Dro210
04-28-2016, 01:42 AM
Duncan has been named to the league’s All-Defensive team 15 times, the most in NBA history, and Bowen, who retired in 2009, earned a spot on the squad in seven of the eight seasons he played with San Antonio. But Leonard is the only Spur in franchise history who has been honored as Defensive Player of the Year.

I guess Mr. Spur, David Robinson doesn't count? :lol Idiot.

Parker can fuck off with this, too. We all know Timmy and Bruce got robbed, that has nothing to do with Kawhi. He earned these.

dabom
04-28-2016, 01:45 AM
This is after RC basically said Kawhi revived this team. :lmao

Tony should say thanks to Kawhi for carrying that fat SOB. :lmao

dabom
04-28-2016, 01:45 AM
Poor Cat Crew...Getting fat and drinking alone at home.

https://36.media.tumblr.com/7548e4b01f411e7200772def94db1a10/tumblr_nt7b8yQpX51udu78vo1_500.jpg

:lol

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 01:49 AM

Parker can fuck off with this, too. We all know Timmy and Bruce got robbed, that has nothing to do with Kawhi. He earned these.

Very unspurslike. Hes basically ranting the moment kawhi won. Can you imagine what that faggot would say if kawhi gets mvp? Ship his ass to houston..He.belongs with all the losers there.

Sean Cagney
04-28-2016, 02:28 AM
I got love for Bowen and especially Tim but Kawhi did this on his own hard work and won the awards, he doesn't owe anyone a thing for what he EARNED........ Bowen should have won one yes, Tim one or a few of them but Kawhi does not owe them.

lefty
04-28-2016, 02:29 AM

100%duncan
04-28-2016, 02:38 AM
Wow.

Dro210
04-28-2016, 02:40 AM
Very unspurslike. Hes basically ranting the moment kawhi won. Can you imagine what that faggot would say if kawhi gets mvp? Ship his ass to houston..He.belongs with all the losers there.

Idk if it's the shitty writing, and he's just trying to put on for Timmy and Bruce too hard and it comes across wrong... Or if he's really as much of a bitter little bitch towards Kawhi as he seems sometimes. I honestly got a little pissed reading it... It's like the interview version of dribble-dribble for 4-5 straight possessions while Kawhi never touches the ball. It's his team now bro. Move over, or sit the fuck down.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 02:46 AM
Idk if it's the shitty writing, and he's just trying to put on for Timmy and Bruce too hard and it comes across wrong... Or if he's really as much of a bitter little bitch towards Kawhi as he seems sometimes. I honestly got a little pissed reading it... It's like the interview version of dribble-dribble for 4-5 straight possessions while Kawhi never touches the ball. It's his team now bro. Move over, or sit the fuck down.

Sit the fuck down, tony.

Fucking 34 years old still bitter about his role when he should be towelwaving for a team like the sixers

KenziE
04-28-2016, 02:51 AM

this

this

I got love for Bowen and especially Tim but Kawhi did this on his own hard work and won the awards, he doesn't owe anyone a thing for what he EARNED........ Bowen should have won one yes, Tim one or a few of them but Kawhi does not owe them.

This

and THIS FUCK TP BALLHOG forlife

YGWHI
04-28-2016, 02:53 AM
Idk if it's the shitty writing, and he's just trying to put on for Timmy and Bruce too hard and it comes across wrong... Or if he's really as much of a bitter little bitch towards Kawhi as he seems sometimes. I honestly got a little pissed reading it...

It's just Parker being Parker. Nothing new.

He can't stand his teammates get the credit/the spotlight...and not him.

Reporter: Danny has been pretty amazing all the series shooting 3's
Parker: I can't believe he's still open at this moment of the series...

Sad.

KenziE
04-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Somebody should call him out in twitter or FB .... He a fuckin bitter lil bitch

DeRozan m8
04-28-2016, 02:59 AM
Parker is the saltiest little french bitch haahah

What a punish

LongtimeSpursFan
04-28-2016, 03:33 AM

Dumbass. Kawhi didn't revive team. Splitter and Kawhi did. Having a big like Splitter not able to play in last years playoffs is what cost us home court advantage and a second ship. That's why PATFO traded for Aldridge.

Sean Cagney
04-28-2016, 03:45 AM
Dumbass. Kawhi didn't revive team. Splitter and Kawhi did. Having a big like Splitter not able to play in last years playoffs is what cost us home court advantage and a second ship. That's why PATFO traded for Aldridge.

Splitter is hurt again this year too, glad they made that move tbh. Splitter when in had potential and could change a game I admit but Kawhi trade draft night was the key to keep the window open and I will always believe that.....

Fireball
04-28-2016, 03:57 AM
Parker is right that Timmy and Bruce deserved DPOY award as well, but Kawhi does not need to thank them for actually winning it

YGWHI
04-28-2016, 04:07 AM
Dumbass. Kawhi didn't revive team. MEOW MEOW

But RC said otherwise.

"Kawhi’s given our team and our organization a lift that has put us back in position to compete for championships.

That’s a special gift to receive from a player. Especially at a point in time where the world didn’t expect that to happen for the Spurs again"

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2015/04/23/r-c-buford-on-how-kawhi-leonard-surpassed-the-spurs-hopes/

houston spurs fan
04-28-2016, 04:37 AM
He's right. Kawhi fans are trying to spin this and I get it, but TP is simply saying that there is a long history here. TD should have won DPoy and Bowen too. But the Spurs got no respect back then. Those that were around back then remember. our team got overlooked back then time and time again. It was Laker this, did you see what Vince did last night thAt? Now we are the NBA's NE Patriots and everybody shows respect. He could have said it a little differently but you have a reporter taking a couple of comments and trying to make it into a story. He is sticking up for history and showing that the respect given to the Spurs and Kawhi in 2016 was fought for with blood sweat and tears in the 2000's...

lefty20
04-28-2016, 04:45 AM

IMO, it's a combination of Parker wording it poorly and shitty writing, tbh.

houston spurs fan
04-28-2016, 04:54 AM
He also recently said this:

"It's like me and Manu back in the day. You have to sit and wait your turn. Sometimes I don't see the ball for a while but Kawhi is playing unbelievable. And it's going to be Kawhi's team anyways. I'll try to do my best to stay aggressive and be involved. But Kawhi's going to be the man. So I'll play off of him like all the years I did with Timmy. I'll just stand in the corner and wait for Timmy to do his thing. We always did a great job sharing or just wait our turn, it will be no different with me."

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2016, 05:08 AM
Says the same dude who got carried in two Finals series.:lol (Maybe he should try playing D for a change)

Kidd K
04-28-2016, 05:11 AM
Parker is right. You guys are missing his point. . .he's not trying to shit on Kawhi, he's expressing his annoyance that Tim and Bruce never won it since they (especially Timmy) deserved at LEAST one if not multiple.

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2016, 05:14 AM
Tim Duncan not winning one, specially in 09 is a joke. If the new age media existed then, he would have won..

You mean in '07 when Camby won it? Dwight was essentially a one man wrecking on the #1 ranked defense in the league back in '08-'09. Tim also should have won it in '04 (the Spurs had a historic defensive season) when Artest got it despite not even being the best defender on his own team (Jermaine O'Neal).:lol

houston spurs fan
04-28-2016, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE=apalisoc_9;8552091]Very unspurslike. Hes basically ranting the moment kawhi won. Can you imagine what that faggot would say if kawhi gets mvp? Ship his ass to houston..He.belongs with all the losers there.[/QUOTE
Didn't you say in a previous post that you want gay slurs banned?

houston spurs fan
04-28-2016, 05:22 AM
Says the same dude who got carried in two Finals series.:lol (Maybe he should try playing D for a change)
Why don't you run along and create your own site called KawhiTalk? I swear that small window that we let all these new posters in was the worst thing to ever happen to this forum. Slomo sucks.

100%duncan
04-28-2016, 05:24 AM
“I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said

Yeah. No. He's not right. Kawhi doesn't have anyone but his work ethic to thank for any awards he gets. Fucking idiots.

UZER
04-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Congrats Kawhi, 100% deserved.

From a media standpoint, wonder if this is somehow a makeup for Duncan / Bowen never getting the award,

Said this in the the Kawhi thread when he won it.

But Parker as his teammate has no business saying it publicly.

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 07:29 AM
The lil jealous bastard. What a cancer.

NASpurs
04-28-2016, 07:31 AM
And then people wonder why there's a group of Spurs fans that despise him. :lol

Russo21
04-28-2016, 07:32 AM
SAN ANTONIO – Duncan has been named to the league’s All-Defensive team 15 times, the most in NBA history, and Bowen, who retired in 2009, earned a spot on the squad in seven of the eight seasons he played with San Antonio. But Leonard is the only Spur in franchise history who has been honored as Defensive Player of the Year.

They forgot about the Admiral winning DPOY back in 92 grr!! But yes both Tim and Bruce deserved a DPOY. Bullshit the people who won DPOY instead of them in their primes.

Sigz
04-28-2016, 07:40 AM
Porker.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag33/eye_van_2000/463990074_10_zpsxlnp7bge.jpg

urunobili
04-28-2016, 07:57 AM
He's fucking spot on. It's an outrage that neither Timmy or Brucie got one :depressed

The Parker hate krew should just let this one go and STFU

MultiTroll
04-28-2016, 08:01 AM
What does Duncan really think about the little sniveler?

elbamba
04-28-2016, 08:13 AM

I don't see his comment as taking anything away from Kawhi. I read it as the work the team has put in over the past 15 years has opened up the NBA to actually looking at the Spurs outside of Duncan and Pop for handing out awards. I think Manu has a 6th man of the year award out there but outside of this the Spurs generally are not recognized for individual awards.

MultiTroll
04-28-2016, 08:18 AM
No it's apples and oranges.

Yes Duncan and Bowen got burned.

No it does not have anything to do with Kwa getting the award this year.

look_at_g_shred
04-28-2016, 08:25 AM
It hurts your chances for any award to have competition from one of your own teammates. Bowen's entire Spurs career was spent during the Duncan era. They probably diluted each other's support and votes.
exactly!

look_at_g_shred
04-28-2016, 08:26 AM
When do the All-NBA Teams get announced?

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 08:27 AM
I don't buy it. He should start by acknowledging publicly and unambiguosly how much of his OWN success he OWES to other Spurs, including Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen and Manu Ginobili, without whom he would have had a mediocre NBA career, before putting in perspective and downplaying Kawhi's credit for his achievement.

If he would be that kind of guy, yeah sure, but he is not. So shut the fuck up Parker or learn to praise your teammates without downplaying your teammates at the same time.

look_at_g_shred
04-28-2016, 08:29 AM
"I can't believe they are still leaving him wide open".

Chinook
04-28-2016, 08:50 AM
I think back in the day, the Spurs didn’t get that much respect. We had to earn that respect. Now everybody respects the Spurs, so they don’t forget Kawhi. That’s just my personal opinion.

I think he makes a great point here. I do think the exact same Kawhi on Milwaukee doesn't get the award. It's definitely something that you campaign for, and Kawhi doesn't or at least didn't market himself well enough to get it just from his play. But Pop and the Spurs' history of great defense made it so the eyes were on Kawhi. If you look at the list of past winners, you don't see many randos there. You also see a number of repeat winners. I feel that's because voters often don't look at defense and instead rely on reputation and hearsay. Kawhi had both last year due to the Spurs' success and Pop's comments.

I do think Tony could have phrased it better. Maybe something like, "Kawhi winning the award is the culmination of all the work the team has done over the 20 years to establish itself as a defensive powerhouse." Then he could have gone forward with his part about Bowen and Tim not getting the recognition they deserved and how that made the media not forget Kawhi. It's the exact same meaning, but without the hot-button language that feeds the trolls.

loveforthegame
04-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Why stop there? What has Leonard earned himself?

He owes the Spurs for drafting him, he owes the coaches for making him better, he owes the Spurs for offering the only system for which he could play in, he owes hall of farmers that allow him to play, he owes the end of the bench guys for the knowledge they drop on him every day, he owes them for any and all recognition.

Some day Leonard might earn something through hard work but he still owes the Sours for everything. If that little shit would only live up to the contract he signed and show a little thanks to his teammates and coaches. It's embarrassing.

scramby eggs
04-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Everyone just needs to do their best and forget the rest

MoSpur
04-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Tony sounds a little envious and bitter. I think Duncan and Bowen both deserved to win that award at least once, but Leonard doesn't have to thank them for his two DPOY awards. He earned those and is an elite defender. I'm kinda surprised by these comments, but then again its not the first time Parker has made some comments that make you scratch your head.

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Phrasing? Wow...

He was asked about Kawhi's success. It was that fucking straightforward. Replying to that with a reminder of WHO Kawhi OWES his success is not a matter of phrasing, it's a matter of what's going on in his mind. Who the fuck is he to remind Kawhi what he owes to whom? Wow, what a butthurt prick.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 09:26 AM
First, fuck that little overrated bitch, Tony Parker. Second, Duncan and Bruce are historically among the best defensive players ever and both deserved DPOYs. Third, Bruce is nowhere near the defensive player Kawhi is. It's not even close.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 09:29 AM
“I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said

Yeah. No. He's not right. Kawhi doesn't have anyone but his work ethic to thank for any awards he gets. Fucking idiots.

Yup, completely indefensible comment by Parker.

BillMc
04-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Nothing to see here in my opinion. Tony is right Bruce and Timmy should have won the award. The way I read it he's not knocking Kawhi. I'm sure Leonard would agree with Tony (about thanking Duncan at least). ST trying to find an agenda I don't think is there.

coachmac87
04-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Seriously if you have a problem with Parker comments there's a problem with YOU.

houston spurs fan
04-28-2016, 09:45 AM
This is poor writing. The headline is misleading and meant to get clicks. TP haters and Kawhi fans blowing this way out of proportion.

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 09:49 AM
The problem here is NOT if what Parker says is true.

For instance, Tim could state to the press: "I think Parker owes an apology to Brent Barry", or "I don't think Parker's current level of play is consistent with his salary", or even "Parker should thank Pop, Manu and myself for the recognition he gets".

The problem would NOT be if the statements are true, which they are, or how Tim phrased his ideas. It's that he would be a fucking ASSHOLE.

RD2191
04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
What a piece of crap this guy is. Hopefully he gets traded at the end of the season.

Brazil
04-28-2016, 09:54 AM
People and their agendas.... :rolleyes

What he said is Kawhi deserve it of course and Tim and Bruce deserved it also but Spurs were "forgotten" because of small market shit. He is just saying Tim and Bowen helped Spurs to be recognized and thanks to them Spurs players are not anymore forgotten for this award.

there is nothing wrong with what he said...

horsielove
04-28-2016, 09:56 AM
just when i thought i couldn't hate him even more. wow.

RD2191
04-28-2016, 09:57 AM
just when i thought i couldn't hate him even more. wow.

look_at_g_shred
04-28-2016, 09:57 AM
how's your health bro?

Chinook
04-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Phrasing? Wow...

He was asked about Kawhi's success. It was that fucking straightforward. Replying to that with a reminder of WHO Kawhi OWES his success is not a matter of phrasing, it's a matter of what's going on in his mind. Who the fuck is he to remind Kawhi what he owes to whom? Wow, what a butthurt prick.

Parker never said anything about what Kawhi owes. He said he can thank Bowen and Duncan. Then he elaborated that the Spurs as a brand were built by those two, and that Kawhi can get the recognition that he "deserves" (yes, Parker said Kawhi totally deserves the award), he's winning the awards. Nothing wrong with that. The headline made it seem like he was discrediting Kawhi, but the only people who believe that are folks who didn't read the actual quotes.

RD2191
04-28-2016, 10:01 AM
how's your health bro?
I'm dying. Need a heart transplant.
Jk.

look_at_g_shred
04-28-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm dying. Need a heart transplant.
Jk.
lol aww..u stil aint drinking?

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Parker never said anything about what Kawhi owes. He said he can thank Bowen and Duncan. Then he elaborated that the Spurs as a brand were built by those two, and that Kawhi can get the recognition that he "deserves" (yes, Parker said Kawhi totally deserves the award), he's winning the awards. Nothing wrong with that. The headline made it seem like he was discrediting Kawhi, but the only people who believe that are folks who didn't read the actual quotes.

Right, because observing that "Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards" is in no way downplaying Kawhi's recognition.

But fine, you are in denial, so keep turning a blind eye and talking bout agendas and whatnot.

Chinook
04-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Right, because observing that "Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards" is in no way downplaying Kawhi's recognition.

I mean, people "say thanks" when they get awards all the time. Kawhi thanked the Spurs organization his acceptance speech. Does that mean he thinks he doesn't deserve the award?

But fine, you are in denial, so keep turning a blind eye and talking bout agendas and whatnot.

I'm not even a Parker shill. I think the Spurs should dump him if at all possible in the off-season. I think he says dumb things a lot. But I also think his English vocabulary isn't all that large, so he doesn't have a ton of nuance in his phrasing. The whole quote was about Kawhi being awarded fairly because the media pays attention to the Spurs more than they used to. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

loveforthegame
04-28-2016, 10:14 AM
The only thing Leonard had going for him out of college was his defense. He had the reputation there all ready. Obviously, the Spurs long history of defense helps open more eyes to what Leonard does. But to pretend Leonard only became known as a defensive guy once he joined the Spurs is selling him short.

I mean really. Anyone who comes through this organization is going to owe thanks to those who came before.

RD2191
04-28-2016, 10:16 AM
lol aww..u stil aint drinking?
Nope. I don't drink. Well maybe a beer with a meal every now and then but that's about it.

Chinook
04-28-2016, 10:19 AM
But to pretend Leonard only became known as a defensive guy once he joined the Spurs is selling him short.

Yeah, no one said that.

cd021
04-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Leonard is unquesionably the better defender than Bowen. Hes also the best defender for the best defensive spurs team ever whilst not having a Tim Duncan to cover up for him.

Duncan should have won it the year Marc Gasol won it. Excellent advanced defensive numbers and had a ridiculous block to foul rate, something like 2.75 bpg to 1.5 PFPG

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 10:31 AM
I mean, people "say thanks" when they get awards all the time. Kawhi thanked the Spurs organization his acceptance speech. Does that mean he thinks he doesn't deserve the award?

The problem here is not whether Kawhi deserved the award. Parker's not even saying he shouldn't be awarded with it. It's that, faced with the opportunity to praise his teammate's current level of play and defense, he downplays his credit reminding others had to work hard before he could be awarded, which is entirely true and as you say something we see all the time, but it's the reciever of the award or recognition the one sharing the credit with whomever he deems appropriate, not one of his teammates reminding who he owes sharing the credit with.

[/QUOTE]I'm not even a Parker shill. I think the Spurs should dump him if at all possible in the off-season. I think he says dumb things a lot. But I also think his English vocabulary isn't all that large, so he doesn't have a ton of nuance in his phrasing.[/QUOTE]

Fine, i just don't think he lacks the skills to communicate such basic things as these. Let's face it, this interviews and "what do you think of your teammate success" are commonplace questions for a famous professional athlete and he has been through this lots of times. He does not lack the language skills to discuss simple things as these. But I guess we can't prove it.

Ice009
04-28-2016, 10:49 AM

Exactly the point. Those people that are backing up what Parker said, do you understand why some people are pissed off with him? Sure Tim and Bruce should have won, but what the does that have to do with Kawhi? Kawhi doesn't have to thank anyone. Why the fuck should Kawhi thank anyone? He's worked his ass off on defense to win the awards. Tony should be the one thanking Kawhi for keeping the window open and helping the Spurs win another Championship since he arrived.

Chinook
04-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Exactly the point. Those people that are backing up what Parker said, do you understand why some people are pissed off with him? Sure Tim and Bruce should have won, but what the does that have to do with Kawhi? Kawhi doesn't have to thank anyone. Why the fuck should Kawhi thank anyone? He's worked his ass off on defense to win the awards. Tony should be the one thanking Kawhi for keeping the window open and helping the Spurs win another Championship since he arrived.

Parker made it very clear what that had to do with Kawhi.

weebo
04-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Doesn't sound like to me like Parker was dismissing KL defensive prowess and his recognition of it. Sounds more like to me like he was paying homage to Duncan and BB, who were at the time great defenders in their own right ,on great defensive teams that got overlooked because the Spurs were always an afterthought.

Chinook
04-28-2016, 11:08 AM
The problem here is not whether Kawhi deserved the award. Parker's not even saying he shouldn't be awarded with it. It's that, faced with the opportunity to praise his teammate's current level of play and defense, he downplays his credit reminding others had to work hard before he could be awarded, which is entirely true and as you say something we see all the time, but it's the reciever of the award or recognition the one sharing the credit with whomever he deems appropriate, not one of his teammates reminding who he owes sharing the credit with.

He did praise Kawhi. He also praised the Spurs' brand of defense. I think it's appropriate. If anything the Spurs' are STILL underrated as a defensive team. Before they used to snub Tim (and I guess Bowen). Now, they continue to snub Tim but begrudgingly recognize Kawhi. But Green gets fewer All-Defense votes than Harden, and Splitter's D is almost completely forgotten. The Spurs have an image problem, and it used to be much worse. And with the way Kawhi markets himself, it's very possible that Draymond and DeAndre get DPOY awards over him in the future.

Is the difference all due to the refined legacy? No. Analytics playing a better role helps a ton, too, as there are more stats to measure defense. More eyes on more games helps. Kawhi straight-up being better than Bowen while Duncan is worse than his old self is huge. And obviously, Kawhi's own skill is up there. That should be the biggest reason. But when awards boil down to little more than popularity contests, it's not enough. That's unfortunate, but it's the reality.

Great defenders get overlooked all the time due to market. Bad ones get elevated because of popularity. Kawhi doesn't have to struggle with that because guys like Bowen, Tim and Robinson made the team relevant. He doesn't owe anyone for being great. But without those guys, he may well have only been great in the eyes of Spurs fans.

Ice009
04-28-2016, 11:15 AM
The Spurs defense went down the shitter when Bruce started declining and was traded. It only started getting back to being good when the Spurs got Kawhi/Danny/Tiago in the rotation. It's not the Spurs brand of defense that does it, it's the players that do it. As great as Tim is, the defense sucked ass when Bruce left and he was left with 4 guys in the starting lineup between 2009-2011 that weren't very good defenders.

siraulo23
04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Man apalisoc and dabom slacking, this interview is relatively old xD

DarrinS
04-28-2016, 11:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

AZK619
04-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Kawhi doesn't need to thank anybody.:lol

WTF? :lol

Chinook
The Spurs defense went down the shitter when Bruce started declining and was traded. It only started getting back to being good when the Spurs got Kawhi/Danny/Tiago in the rotation. It's not the Spurs brand of defense that does it, it's the players that do it. As great as Tim is, the defense sucked ass when Bruce left and he was left with 4 guys in the starting lineup between 2009-2011 that weren't very good defenders.

WTF is wrong with everyone's reading comprehension? No one said the Spurs D is making Kawhi look good. Awards aren't always given to the most deserving, and the NBA DPOY is a great example of that. That Kawhi wasn't the same type of victim as Duncan (and Bowen, sure) was is due to people not ignoring the Spurs anymore. That's what Parker is saying anyway.

spursistan
meanwhile...

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Troof bomb from our MVP, Parker tbh...

Pinoy short bus Krew can't take it :lmao

Cute meltdown lmaooooo

DPG21920
04-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Kawhi is a beast and no one denies that. I can see both sides. Without really reading it or by looking too far into it, I can see how it would rub people the wrong way.

But I think TP has always been an honest person when it comes to interviews. I think this was an honest answer. I don't think there was any intent to discredit Kawhi or put him in his place. I think that is how TP's mind works and he was given a well thought out response to the bigger picture of Spurs and awards.

The Reckoning
04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Parker is such a little bitch

keeferob25
04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Duncan should have won it the year Marc Gasol won it. Excellent advanced defensive numbers and had a ridiculous block to foul rate, something like 2.75 bpg to 1.5 PFPG

Yep! Burns me up when I see Marc has the award and not Timmy. Marc is a very good defensive anchor no doubt...but he is not, was not and never will be the league's best defender. Timmy should have 3 DPOY. He should have a split (my opinion) with B. Wallace for 2004. They both were beyond great and led their teams to historic levels of defense. Many thought the loss of David would hurt our defense. Timmy lessened his offensive load that year in an attempt to increasingly feature Parker/Ginobili which meant an increase in defensive focus for him. This is exactly why our defensive level was raised another couple of notches. Tim took a Rasho Nesterovic and anchored a historic defense...KG had Rasho for years before and never did that while being a defensive monster himself.

He should have run away with it in 2007. Camby was great...for what he was. He was Ibaka-ish. Jump at anything and swat anything and a GREAT rebounder. Problem was he couldn't anchor a defense as a whole and he was a really average post defender. Tim was MUCH more complete that year. And again Duncan was clearly to me the best defender in 2013 with his renaissance. Every time Duncan's offensive load/focus decreases, his defensive load/focus increases and we see a jump in the Spurs defensive greatness. This year is also no different. He's arguably the best anchor (given the competition...sorry Russell) this league has seen and to have no DPOY is absolutely disgusting. But about Kawhi and these comments...its equally as disgusting and are coming from the LAST person that needs to be talking.

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Draymond deserved DPOY last year.

K...
04-28-2016, 11:33 AM
I didn't read the post but I Totally think Parker deserves the dpoy. He didn't get blocks or steals but the way he bulked up to defend bigger point guards was very brave and award worty.

100%duncan
04-28-2016, 11:35 AM
"Agendas" :lol

When TP himself set him up for the trap, agenda :lol yeah. This dude's perfect.

DarrinS
04-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Draymond deserved DPOY last year.

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Paul-Krugman-with-Cat1.jpg

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Run out of insulin, DarrinS?

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Nothing to see here in my opinion. Tony is right Bruce and Timmy should have won the award. The way I read it he's not knocking Kawhi. I'm sure Leonard would agree with Tony (about thanking Duncan at least). ST trying to find an agenda I don't think is there.

“I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Kawhi is a beast and no one denies that. I can see both sides. Without really reading it or by looking too far into it, I can see how it would rub people the wrong way.

But I think TP has always been an honest person when it comes to interviews. I think this was an honest answer. I don't think there was any intent to discredit Kawhi or put him in his place. I think that is how TP's mind works and he was given a well thought out response to the bigger picture of Spurs and awards.

“I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Doesn't sound like to me like Parker was dismissing KL defensive prowess and his recognition of it. Sounds more like to me like he was paying homage to Duncan and BB, who were at the time great defenders in their own right ,on great defensive teams that got overlooked because the Spurs were always an afterthought.

Spurtacular
04-28-2016, 11:41 AM

And player fans who gonna say what they're gonna say, anyways.

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Seeing how many times Kiwi gets beat off the dribble by quick guards.... He does owe Timmy a thanks after bailing his ass out so often

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 11:42 AM
This slimy fucker calling his own teammate a system player cements his place in the bitchass Hall of fame.

AZK619
04-28-2016, 11:42 AM
TP just opened himself up to be under the microscope in these playoffs even more, tbh. :lol

Kawhi is at a level right now where he doesn't need to do shit or say shit, his game does all the talking. This is some beta shit.
Don't use the franchise player to make a point about 2 other players who never won the DPOY. :cry

If we see TP with a black eye, we know what happened. :lol

TheDoctor
04-28-2016, 11:44 AM
I think the main problem here, other than the terrible writing, is the Language barrier. English isn't my primary language as well (it's italian althought I'm not Italian per se. It's complicated) and the way of thinking or using words can change drastically from language to language. In some instances when trying to make a point, one can come/sound as cocky or rude or whatever. So you end up giving the wrong impression when that wasn't the case or intention.

Parker has a history of making salty and shady comments but in this case I give him the benefit of the doubt.

DarrinS
04-28-2016, 11:46 AM
:cry Seeing how many times Kiwi gets beat off the dribble by quick guards.... He does owe Timmy a thanks after bailing his ass out so often :cry

Reality

http://i.imgur.com/4SZsof6.png

http://www.ooyuz.com/images/2016/3/18/1461032271498.jpg

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 11:48 AM
:cry I was so happy when I saw this on TV :cry

http://youtu.be/bQlpDiXPZHQ

JohnnyMax
04-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Duncan's prime years coincided with Ben Wallace's prime years

Death In June
04-28-2016, 11:55 AM
People are misinterpreting what Parker was trying to say. That, or they know that he wasn't taking anything away from Kawhi and are just using this as an opportunity to bash TP... either for attention, or because they've invested a lot of themselves in hating Parker. Either way, it's pathetic and lame.

loveforthegame
04-28-2016, 11:56 AM
If only we could have our true defensive ace back. Jefferson showed more thanks.

hater
04-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Team leader putting role players in their place :lmao

K...
04-28-2016, 12:00 PM

Allow me to demonstrate:

I thank Bruce and Duncan for establishing a pattern of excellence on defense.

Now can kawhi say that? I think so, despite being an autistic savant he does appear to be able make words and sentences, although they are mostly short and basic. If you think Parker is wrong is it because you think kawhi is retarted? That's what I thought too! But not any more.

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Team leader putting role players in their place :lmao

Budkin
04-28-2016, 12:24 PM

hater
04-28-2016, 12:26 PM

:lol wow

SsKSpurs21
04-28-2016, 12:43 PM
He's right. Kawhi fans are trying to spin this and I get it, but TP is simply saying that there is a long history here. TD should have won DPoy and Bowen too. But the Spurs got no respect back then. Those that were around back then remember. our team got overlooked back then time and time again. It was Laker this, did you see what Vince did last night thAt? Now we are the NBA's NE Patriots and everybody shows respect. He could have said it a little differently but you have a reporter taking a couple of comments and trying to make it into a story. He is sticking up for history and showing that the respect given to the Spurs and Kawhi in 2016 was fought for with blood sweat and tears in the 2000's...

i came to write something along these lines.

everyone is reading into this to support their own agendas.

Parker is basically saying that because of the long history of success on defense built by Tim and Bruce, that Kawhi is getting more attention.

elemento
04-28-2016, 12:53 PM
He is not wrong. Duncan not winning a single DPOY award is fucking pathetic.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 01:02 PM
He is wrong. Hes basically saying kawhi wouldnt win dpoy if not for those two. He doesnt have to thank anyone. Hes dpoy even if he played with the degrassi sharks.

Thats the problem with parkers comment.

So Porker, why dont you just plug yourself into your ass, then shit yourself in the toilet and then after that flush yourself because you are the very definition of a pieace of shit.

loveforthegame
04-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Good point on mentioning his autism. Has Leonard even bothered thanking the organization for its long history in bringing awareness to such causes?

It's alarming how ungrateful Leonard really is.

wildbill2u
04-28-2016, 01:06 PM
To put this into a little historical perspective, the Spurs (and the other ABA teams and players) got absolutely no respect when the ABA was a going concern. The teams that were absorbed into the NBA like the Spurs still got no respect for years. And that continues to this day. None of the ABA stats are recognized as valid career stats by the NBA, even though they might be from Dr. J, Gervin, Moses Malone, or any of the other great players who played with the red, white, and blue ball--simply because the NBA still can't admit that the ABA had players and teams that could compete on any level. There were rumors that die-hard NBA owners from old-time NBA teams still resented the ABA teams until the century turned or they died off.

Did it hurt our Spurs players when it came time for awards? We fans always thought so. Right up until we started winning enough championships that they couldn't ignore us anymore.

spursistan
04-28-2016, 01:21 PM

RIP 'Peak Kawhi' Years if Spurs can't find a legit young starting PG ..

04-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Good point on mentioning his autism. Has Leonard even bothered thanking the organization for its long history in bringing awareness to such causes?

It's alarming how ungrateful Leonard really is.

04-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Seeing how many times Kiwi gets beat off the dribble by quick guards.... He does owe Timmy a thanks after bailing his ass out so often
:lol We need a compilation video of Kawhi being beat off the dribble or letting his man cut back door for a monster slam(M*tt B*arnes comes to mind)

-21-
04-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Parker is right but this just makes him sound a little salty. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
:lol We need a compilation video of Kawhi being beat off the dribble or letting his man cut back door for a monster slam(M*tt B*arnes comes to mind)
Whats the longest video on YouTube, tbh? :lol That compilation might have it beat

04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Ghatdam, Porky is one candid motherfucka :wow

He's right, too :lol Bowen set the precedent for great Spurs wing defenders, and Kawhi was compared to him ad nauseam when he came into the league.

Bowen paved the way :worthy:

04-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Whats the longest video on YouTube, tbh? :lol That compilation might have it beat

NASpurs
04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
I've never seen a role player with such a big mouth especially against his own teammates. :lol Instead of flapping his gums, thinking he has it figured out, how about at least working on his jumper so that'll it'll at least be automatic, so he won't be such a liability on both sides of the court, begging to get bailed out by someone else and ride coattail to another ring. This nigga is just robbing the Spurs $15 mil / year. Also he should be kissing the feet of Duncan and Pop every waking minute that he gets otherwise he would be in the Tijuana league cleaning urine and blood off the balls.

r0drig0lac
04-28-2016, 01:42 PM

Spurs_619
04-28-2016, 01:42 PM

Maybe if our PG wasn't so fat and shitty KL wouldn't need to defend those quick guards.

itsamanuthree
04-28-2016, 01:47 PM
To put this into a little historical perspective, the Spurs (and the other ABA teams and players) got absolutely no respect when the ABA was a going concern. The teams that were absorbed into the NBA like the Spurs still got no respect for years. And that continues to this day. None of the ABA stats are recognized as valid career stats by the NBA, even though they might be from Dr. J, Gervin, Moses Malone, or any of the other great players who played with the red, white, and blue ball--simply because the NBA still can't admit that the ABA had players and teams that could compete on any level. There were rumors that die-hard NBA owners from old-time NBA teams still resented the ABA teams until the century turned or they died off.

Did it hurt our Spurs players when it came time for awards? We fans always thought so. Right up until we started winning enough championships that they couldn't ignore us anymore.

That's the problem right there. Parker knows very well all spurs fans will agree with that and that's why he uses that story now. It's the moment he chooses to be outraged though, the moment he is asked about Kawhi's crowning as the best defender in the NBA, that reveals how envious and butt-hurt he is.

And LOL at lack of communication skills. Parker was entirely aware of what he was saying. Guys defending Parker alternate the arguments "He didn't mean what he said, he just expressed himself poorly because he's french" and "what he said is absolutely true" like those two things aren't contradictory. You are in denial and if someone has an agenda, that's you fellas.

Parker behaved like a bitch, there's no-es-cap-ing-it. And he has a record of doing it.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 01:50 PM
I've never seen a role player with such a big mouth especially against his own teammates. :lol Instead of flapping his gums, thinking he has it figured out, how about at least working on his jumper so that'll it'll at least be automatic, so he won't be such a liability on both sides of the court, begging to get bailed out by someone else and ride coattail to another ring. This nigga is just robbing the Spurs $15 mil / year. Also he should be kissing the feet of Duncan and Pop every waking minute that he gets otherwise he would be in the Tijuana league cleaning urine and blood off the balls.

RD2191
04-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Maybe if our PG wasn't so fat and shitty KL wouldn't need to defend those quick guards.
Lmao. You owned thegreatshit.

urunobili
04-28-2016, 02:02 PM
http://cdn2.michaeljacksonsmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/michael-jackson-popcorn-meme-2.jpg

FkLA
04-28-2016, 02:09 PM
What a jealous faggot. :lmao

spursistan
04-28-2016, 02:10 PM

:wow

FkLA
04-28-2016, 02:11 PM

http://images.rapgenius.com/3eg3pfl9er8bu69lv3aanxn5c.320x240x71.gif

dabom
04-28-2016, 02:15 PM

OMG top 3 post of the year.

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2016, 02:24 PM
I swear that small window that we let all these new posters in was the worst thing to ever happen to this forum.

Bow down to your new overlord!

04-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Bow down to your new overlord!
I still can't figure out who's alt you are ��

Arcadian
04-28-2016, 02:29 PM
:lol No.

It is true that Tim deserved to win it (idk about Bruce), but Leonard is one of the greatest defenders of all time regardless. To suggest that he got "make-up" votes from the past is actually pretty fucked up and wrong.

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2016, 02:30 PM
I still can't figure out who's alt you are ��

The one that's making your mom moan at night while you're in the other room touching yourself.

04-28-2016, 02:49 PM

It is true that Tim deserved to win it (idk about Bruce), but Leonard is one of the greatest defenders of all time regardless. To suggest that he got "make-up" votes from the past is actually pretty fucked up and wrong.
He's not suggesting that :lol

Hes sayig Tim and Bowen didn't win the award but they put the Spurs on the map, and without them the Spurs would still be irrelevant and ignored by the media.

weebo
04-28-2016, 02:53 PM
I really don't see anything with wrong with what Parker said and I'm not a Parker fan. There's some truth to what he's saying whether he meant it literally or not. Robinson, Duncan, and Bowen paved the way for someone like Kawhi to get recognized for being a great defensive player (which he is) on a team that has/had multiple great defensive players. So often the Spurs were overlooked and never really got the recognition they deserved despite always being one of the top defensive teams in the league because they weren't media darlings or whatever.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 03:14 PM

He's right, too :lol Bowen set the precedent for great Spurs wing defenders, and Kawhi was compared to him ad nauseam when he came into the league.

Lol, Kawhi passed Bowen a long time ago. Bowen worked hard, but was never close to being the defender Kawhi is.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 03:18 PM

This is exactly what hes suggesting and it is fucked up. Leonard woukd have won regardless of what happend in the past.

NikosChelsea7
04-28-2016, 03:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/04/18/1461014096753-tony-practice-4.18.mp4-456010

TP starts talking about Kawhi at 2:05.

hater
04-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Apparently Kawhi responded with the following diatribe:

"............."

LongtimeSpursFan
04-28-2016, 03:31 PM

I wasn't sure if you were talking about Kawhi or Parker. Still not a hundred percent sure. Although I think Kawhi earns about $17 million.

NASpurs
04-28-2016, 03:36 PM
I wasn't sure if you were talking about Kawhi or Parker. Still not a hundred percent sure. Although I think Kawhi earns about $17 million.

Dumb fuck, you know who I'm talking about. "Long time Spurs Fan" :lol

skulls138
04-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Its about time someone told Kawhi to get off his high horse. He was getting a little too big for his britches there.

Dro210
04-28-2016, 03:49 PM

Must suck to have such pathetic lives...

Tbh

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2016, 04:10 PM

Tbh
You hate on Parker, so you're right there with us, faggot.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 04:15 PM
That's the problem right there. Parker knows very well all spurs fans will agree with that and that's why he uses that story now. It's the moment he chooses to be outraged though, the moment he is asked about Kawhi's crowning as the best defender in the NBA, that reveals how envious and butt-hurt he is.

And LOL at lack of communication skills. Parker was entirely aware of what he was saying. Guys defending Parker alternate the arguments "He didn't mean what he said, he just expressed himself poorly because he's french" and "what he said is absolutely true" like those two things aren't contradictory. You are in denial and if someone has an agenda, that's you fellas.

Parker behaved like a bitch, there's no-es-cap-ing-it. And he has a record of doing it.

bic50
04-28-2016, 04:17 PM
I do agree that tim and bowen should have won dpoy at least once. Or multiple times for Tim. But kawhi earned these awards, he's always been a defensive beast. I think certain plays helped in him getting the recognition he's received. That steal/block on Westbrook in the 2014 wcf comes to mind. Those kinds of plays puts eyes on him as a defender.

04-28-2016, 04:31 PM

Tbh
You're projecting right now, uno? Get help fam

04-28-2016, 04:32 PM
I do agree that tim and bowen should have won dpoy at least once. Or multiple times for Tim. But kawhi earned these awards, he's always been a defensive beast. I think certain plays helped in him getting the recognition he's received. That steal/block on Westbrook in the 2014 wcf comes to mind. Those kinds of plays puts eyes on him as a defender.
He's not saying Kawhi didn't deserve it, he's saying if he played on the Spurs 10 years ago, he would've been less likely to get the recognition he deserves.

will_spurs
04-28-2016, 04:39 PM
There's a minimum IQ required to understand what Tony's saying. I'm not surprised the krew didn't get it.

Snaq O'Meal
04-28-2016, 04:39 PM

Great Spurs wing defenders? Like Ime? The Centerpiece? Dick?

If Kawhi is consistently compared to a great defensive SF from the past, it's not Bowen. It's actually someone who spearheaded the Doberman Defence for the Chicago Bulls.

Dro210
04-28-2016, 04:47 PM

I've actually defended Parker as a player for his entire career, from the very beginning, until about post-ASG this year. He was playing great early in the year too, defending aggressively, being a facilitator more than a hero, but he regressed. It's time to move over. All the way over, not the half-assed shit he's doing.

That quote is some Mr. Me Too bullshit that didn't need to be said. He's not even wrong about more than half of it, but Kawhi doesn't owe anybody anything. Like somebody else said, he'd win that award playing for the Sixers. Just build up the guy for what he did, there's no need for anything else, no "WE paved the ways" necessary. I'm a Spurs fan, not a player fan. I like every player on every Spurs team. That's who we've got, that's who I'm rooting for. I give the credit where it's due, when it's due, and I call guys on their bullshit when it's warranted. Parker's on some bullshit, but I'm still pulling for him.

I'm not right there with you at all, tbh

cd98
04-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Dude, six pages? Parker is right to a certain extent. If Kawhi had been on those early 2000 teams, he would have been ignored, like most of the Spurs, with the exception of Tim Duncan. Now, does he owe Duncan and Bowen for the award based on merit? Hell no. I think Parker acknowledges that. He's merely lamenting that in the Golden Age of Spur love, great individual achievements by Spurs players are actually recognized by the media. Now could he have said it better? Yes, but would it matter to Parker haters? No.

HI-FI
04-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Even if Porker meant well with his latest stupid comment, he always comes across as a sulking douchebag.

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:03 PM
:lol the whole Argentinean army partying with that quotes is priceless tbh...

dabom
04-28-2016, 05:04 PM
:lol the whole Argentinean army partying with that quotes is priceless tbh...

Come on man. I read all the quotes. You just can't explain that. :lol

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Even if Porker meant well with his latest stupid comment, he always comes across as a sulking douchebag.

of course he meant well, Parker is a very good friend of Bruce and always thought Bruce has been stolen from this award a couple of times... same goes with Tim. It is just a tribute for those two, not a knock on Kawhi's trophy

r0drig0lac
04-28-2016, 05:08 PM

lmao

TD 21
04-28-2016, 05:10 PM
It's obvious what he meant and he's spot on. It also helps Leonard that he has the stereotypical look of a great defender and is emerging in the infancy of defensive metrics.

It's more warranted this season in Leonard's case, but in general, the national media gives Pop and Leonard too much credit for the past half decade and virtually everyone else that played a role of significance not enough.

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Come on man. I read all the quotes. You just can't explain that. :lol

:lol you guys have twistted spirit tbh... he obviously never questionned the fact that Kawhi deserve this award.

TP had plenty of quotes praising Kawhi... "Kawhi is ubelievable" "this is his team now" etc... interpreting his quotes the wrong way is just filling some agenda :lol

04-28-2016, 05:12 PM
That quote is some Mr. Me Too bullshit that didn't need to be said. He's not even wrong about more than half of it, but Kawhi doesn't owe anybody anything.
Without porky we're light 4 NBA world championships

Stabula
04-28-2016, 05:13 PM

dabom
04-28-2016, 05:13 PM
It's obvious what he meant and he's spot on. It also helps Leonard that he has the stereotypical look of a great defender and is emerging in the infancy of defensive metrics.

It's more warranted this season in Leonard's case, but in general, the national media gives Pop and Leonard too much credit for the past half decade and virtually everyone else that played a role of significance not enough.

This team wasn't a defensive team before Kawhi. I'm not talking about prime Duncan either. Not Tiago or Green or Duncan has contributed as much as Kawhi.

Dude is an enigma of a player. Can play on the ball and off the ball on both ends.

timtonymanurich
04-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Trade Tony Parker for Damian Lilard.

dabom
04-28-2016, 05:17 PM
:lol you guys have twistted spirit tbh... he obviously never questionned the fact that Kawhi deserve this award.

TP had plenty of quotes praising Kawhi... "Kawhi is ubelievable" "this is his team now" etc... interpreting his quotes the wrong way is just filling some agenda :lol

"I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said. “I felt like before, Bruce definitely should have won one of those years and I’m surprised Timmy never won the defensive (award). But I think back in the day, the Spurs didn’t get that much respect. We had to earn that respect. Now everybody respects the Spurs, so they don’t forget Kawhi.

He just undermined Kawhi getting the award right there.:lol

He basically said that Kawhi won that award because of the respect Duncan and Bruce earned 10 years ago. No twisting that. He just said it. :lol

HI-FI
04-28-2016, 05:18 PM
of course he meant well, Parker is a very good friend of Bruce and always thought Bruce has been stolen from this award a couple of times... same goes with Tim. It is just a tribute for those two, not a knock on Kawhi's trophy
I respect trying to point out that Bruce and Duncan were robbed, or that Spurs didn't get respect, because it's definitely true.
It still comes across douchey the way he says it though, similar with his "I can't believe they're leaving Danny so wide open" or some of his other moments. However, without Parker and Kobe's egos, this site would get less traffic.

NikosChelsea7
04-28-2016, 05:23 PM
This is TP's answer to the question: "So, who's better:Bruce or Kawhi ?"

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:23 PM
"I think Kawhi can say thanks to Bruce and Timmy for those defensive awards,” Parker said. “I felt like before, Bruce definitely should have won one of those years and I’m surprised Timmy never won the defensive (award). But I think back in the day, the Spurs didn’t get that much respect. We had to earn that respect. Now everybody respects the Spurs, so they don’t forget Kawhi.

He just undermined Kawhi getting the award right there.:lol

He basically said that Kawhi won that award because of the respect Duncan and Bruce earned 10 years ago. No twisting that. He just said it. :lol

He said they don't forget Kawhi... like they forgot Bruce and Tim... again nothing wrong. The fact Bowen and Tim helped Spurs gaining respect around the league contributed to the fact they don't forget... :lol wtf is wrong with you people ? where this is undermined Kawhi ?

:lol let us proceed tho, I do enjoy seeing the Argies rushing this thread like Avante rushes a bar full of teenager tbh

TD 21
04-28-2016, 05:25 PM
This team wasn't a defensive team before Kawhi. I'm not talking about prime Duncan either. Not Tiago or Green or Duncan has contributed as much as Kawhi.

Dude is an enigma of a player. Can play on the ball and off the ball on both ends.

Yeah, because a 3 year slide (where they were still around the top 10) supersedes the previous 11 years where they were perennially elite, including having the best single season defense ever.

Leonard was obviously a significant part of restoring the defense to elite, but so too were Duncan getting his knee more stable and the additions of Splitter and Green.

dabom
04-28-2016, 05:28 PM
He said they don't forget Kawhi... like they forgot Bruce and Tim... again nothing wrong. The fact Bowen and Tim helped Spurs gaining respect around the league contributed to the fact they don't forget... :lol wtf is wrong with you people ? where this is undermined Kawhi ?

:lol let us proceed tho, I do enjoy seeing the Argies rushing this thread like Avante rushes a bar full of teenager tbh

He just said he wouldn't have won without some imaginary "respect" that he attributes to. :lol

How is that not undermining?

And his is an analytics era. He is leading the best defense by historic margins and won. That was all him, not "respect" from more than a decade ago. :lmao

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:28 PM
I respect trying to point out that Bruce and Duncan were robbed, or that Spurs didn't get respect, because it's definitely true.
It still comes across douchey the way he says it though, similar with his "I can't believe they're leaving Danny so wide open" or some of his other moments. However, without Parker and Kobe's egos, this site would get less traffic.

:lol I understand some can find Parker douchey tbh... it is what it is... but Parker is not the selfish bastard haters see tbh.

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:35 PM
He just said he wouldn't have won without some imaginary "respect" that he attributes to. :lol

How is that not undermining?

And his is an analytics era. He is leading the best defense by historic margins and won. That was all him, not "respect" from more than a decade ago. :lmao

His point of view obviously is that without Spurs gaining respect thanks to dudes like Bowen and Tim, they would have given the trophy to Raymond... not sure why you are mad because this the truth... this happened to Tim several times.

again nothing wrong with that :lol

NikosChelsea7
04-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Did anyone here watch the actual interview?

Brazil
04-28-2016, 05:37 PM
^and even if you disagree, that's fine tbh... but again don't see it like undermining Kawhi because it is not

dabom
04-28-2016, 05:40 PM
His point of view obviously is that without Spurs gaining respect thanks to dudes like Bowen and Tim, they would have given the trophy to Raymond... not sure why you are mad because this the truth... this happened to Tim several times.

again nothing wrong with that :lol

Again. This is an analytics era. Nothing raymond could have done to get it. And not some imaginary "respect". Surely you know this right?

NikosChelsea7
04-28-2016, 05:42 PM
^and even if you disagree, that's fine tbh... but again don't see it like undermining Kawhi because it is not

If you're referring to me, I actually agree with you. That's why I'm saying that people should watch the actual interview.

K...
04-28-2016, 05:46 PM
A couple things. 1 Why didn't anyone invite me to the "apo thread start revoked" party?

2 Why do the biggest Parker haters lack a sense of humor? Autism?

3 Congrats to OP for crafting the title exactly right to trigger but hurt. Nothing is worse than telling thanks for kids and underdeveloped human males.

DarrinS
04-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Danny Green is a better comparison to Bruce. Kawhi is on a different level, entirely.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 06:03 PM
This is all ignoring that David won DPOY timmy winning back to back mvp in years apperently the spurs didnt get the respect they deserve.

The fact that Parker thinks Kawhi defense needed some sort of make up votes to win dpoy is whats wrong with his stupid ass comment.

Because regardless of the past this kawhi is still playing at a dpoy level that is so far ahead of its rivals that he gets all the vote.

ducks
04-28-2016, 06:06 PM

spursgu
04-28-2016, 06:14 PM
Tim and Manu: Kawhi deserved it. He's been great for us.

Tony: He owes it Duncan and Bowen.

What a POS teammate. Then again, he fucks other teammates' wives.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 06:15 PM

Splits
04-28-2016, 06:21 PM
:lmao 7 pages on this clickbait nothingburger

Saturday can't get here fast enough

Chinook
04-28-2016, 06:26 PM
Really starting to think there are too many KOFs on this board. Just to think it was just CoK followers, but it's clearly beyond that for some.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 06:33 PM

TD 21
04-28-2016, 06:34 PM
This is all ignoring that David won DPOY timmy winning back to back mvp in years apperently the spurs didnt get the respect they deserve.

The fact that Parker thinks Kawhi defense needed some sort of make up votes to win dpoy is whats wrong with his stupid ass comment.

Because regardless of the past this kawhi is still playing at a dpoy level that is so far ahead of its rivals that he gets all the vote.

Though both clearly deserving, they were begrudgingly given those awards based on meeting the respective, foolish criteria at the time (Robinson led the league in blocks; Duncan was the best player on the best team), not out of respect for the Spurs.

The Spurs getting more respect nowadays doesn't make Leonard any less deserving, but it would be naive to think that, along with the rise of defensive metrics, didn't play a role in him winning it. Let's face it, five years ago, someone like Jordan or Whiteside probably wins it.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2016, 06:35 PM

Yup. It's pure saltiness because the lack of respect angle he's trying to hide behind is not reflected in reality. And to attribute kawhi's defensive reputation to something so abstract, and wrong as his magical conception of respect transcending years and traveling from Bruce Bowen, of all people, is nothing but hate

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Though both clearly deserving, they were begrudgingly given those awards based on meeting the respective, foolish criteria at the time (Robinson led the league in blocks; Duncan was the best player on the best team), not out of respect for the Spurs.

The Spurs getting more respect nowadays doesn't make Leonard any less deserving, but it would be naive to think that, along with the rise of defensive metrics, didn't play a role in him winning it. Let's face it, five years ago, someone like Jordan or Whiteside probably wins it.

Thats on the advancement of advanced stats. That has nothing to do with what bowen or duncan didnt win in the past.

rasuo214
04-28-2016, 06:58 PM
Who cares? Tony probably worded things poorly but I doubt Kawhi was offended or anything.

dabom
04-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Who cares? Tony probably worded things poorly but I doubt Kawhi was offended or anything.

Explain how?..

K...
04-28-2016, 07:01 PM

can't start threads?

K...
04-28-2016, 07:03 PM
Explain how?..

English language? Dabom can thank apo and harlem for their excellent basketball takes....

Does that mean:

Dabom is goood like the other two?

Dabom built on the strength of the other two?

Of fuck dabom the other two are good, dabom sucks....

dabom
04-28-2016, 07:05 PM
English language? Dabom can thank apo and harlem for their excellent basketball takes....

Does that mean:

Dabom is goood like the other two?

Dabom built on the strength of the other two?

Of fuck dabom the other two are good, dabom sucks....

Nice take on the thread. :tu

K...
04-28-2016, 07:26 PM

well if your agenda really is truth and not player fan hijinks, then the issue is really what does parker mean? because he makes a statement "kawhi can thank bruce and tim" without stating what for and why. The only poster who actually looked at the meaning was Chinook who said the comment means Kawhi was aided by the defensive reputation of the team in winning DPOY. I think the statement more refers to motivation to be as good as those two, but chinooks interpretation is better supported by the remaining text:

Parker then talks about bruce and tim being stubbed for DPOY. This has led many people to think Parker really put a lot of time in this statement when the opposite is true. Parker made a lazy off statement about the old spurs players when asked about kawhi.,

houston spurs fan
04-28-2016, 07:27 PM
He also recently said this:

"It's like me and Manu back in the day. You have to sit and wait your turn. Sometimes I don't see the ball for a while but Kawhi is playing unbelievable. And it's going to be Kawhi's team anyways. I'll try to do my best to stay aggressive and be involved. But Kawhi's going to be the man. So I'll play off of him like all the years I did with Timmy. I'll just stand in the corner and wait for Timmy to do his thing. We always did a great job sharing or just wait our turn, it will be no different with me."

K...
04-28-2016, 07:28 PM

I'd like you to sincerely answer the question:

What does: "Dabom can thank apo and harlem for their excellent basketball takes...." Mean?

dabom
04-28-2016, 07:47 PM
You are that fucking stupid, I didn't think it was possible, but you and the aunt fucker brigade are.

Look you random. This is a very good way to make yourself look stupid. Keep going retard. :lol

dabom
04-28-2016, 07:48 PM
I'd like you to sincerely answer the question:

What does: "Dabom can thank apo and harlem for their excellent basketball takes...." Mean?

Maybe if there was another part to the quote. If only. :lmao

K...
04-28-2016, 07:50 PM
So are you admitting that his (parkers) statement has no meaning? Or are you saying that when taken in context the meaning is clear?

dabom
04-28-2016, 07:51 PM
So are you admitting that his (parkers) statement has no meaning? Or are you saying that when taken in context the meaning is clear?

I'm saying parker had more than one sentence in which he described his view point. :lol

z0sa
04-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Lol @ all the low iq Parker haters showing up en masse and looking exceedingly stupid, per the usual.

04-28-2016, 08:05 PM
A couple things. 1 Why didn't anyone invite me to the "apo thread start revoked" party?

Had no idea but I knew something was different lately. :tu

K...
04-28-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm saying parker had more than one sentence in which he described his view point. :lol

God man, well what's his viewpoint?

cascaders
04-28-2016, 08:31 PM
i hope tony's comment dosent get to leonard, like how it got to danny green.. urgh..

ElNono
04-28-2016, 08:33 PM
No comment.

dabom
04-28-2016, 08:36 PM
God man, well what's his viewpoint?

How about you read the first post brah. :tu

Arcadian
04-28-2016, 08:39 PM
He's not suggesting that :lol

Hes sayig Tim and Bowen didn't win the award but they put the Spurs on the map, and without them the Spurs would still be irrelevant and ignored by the media.

That's not true either, though. Kawhi himself would have put the Spurs on the map.

GSH
04-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Really starting to think there are too many KOFs on this board. Just to think it was just CoK followers, but it's clearly beyond that for some.

I don't know what a KOF is, but there are definitely some CocK followers in this thread.

He is wrong. Hes basically saying kawhi wouldnt win dpoy if not for those two. He doesnt have to thank anyone. Hes dpoy even if he played with the degrassi sharks.

So Porker, why dont you just plug yourself into your ass, then shit yourself in the toilet and then after that flush yourself because you are the very definition of a pieace of shit.

Your takes are always so witty and intelligent. This deserves much more attention. You should go ahead and start a new thread for it. :D

K...
04-28-2016, 08:49 PM
How about you read the first post brah. :tu

I did and i told you my interpretation. He did a pivot, using a question about Leonard to talk about bowen and duncan. Your replies were (lol emoticon) and (parker should thank Leonard for carrying his weak ass) both comments do not address the quote or indicate you read the quote.

NikosChelsea7
04-28-2016, 08:56 PM

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/04/18/1461014096753-tony-practice-4.18.mp4-456010

TP starts talking about Kawhi at 2:05.

K...
04-28-2016, 09:02 PM
It's funny because Manu was more insulting to Leonard with the Bruce = Leonard call.

Chinook
04-28-2016, 09:02 PM
I don't know what a KOF is

Kawhi-Only Fans comes from Clutch Fans and Lin-Only Fans that flooded them when Jeremy was on their roster.

sprrs
04-28-2016, 09:16 PM
What's funny is that Kawhi probably didn't read into this half as much as you guys are, and doesn't give a crap.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Your takes are always so witty and intelligent. This deserves much more attention. You should go ahead and start a new thread for it. :D

:rollin

dabom
04-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Stupid is committing to a lifestyle where you have no real ideas of your own so you look for jealous mental midgets with axes to grind to follow.

I am not even sure you're a spurs fan, but if you actually followed the team in the 90s and before you'd realize no one in the media really gives a fuck about the Spurs. Christ look at the bullshit stern and the networks have pulled over the years. The last 3 years ago, they still called us the boring old Spurs.

What Parker was saying was very simple. 10 years ago Kawai would have lost the award to green. The work of TD, Bowen, etc helped the Spurs overcome the stigma

you and the aunt fucker and his alts beat a boring drum to death. It's pathetic, there is nothing insightful or cutting edge about your pathetic schtick. A bullet is the solution, just do it, all of you.

I'm on my phone but I can already tell you are a low IQ poster. :lmao

dabom
04-28-2016, 09:44 PM
I did and i told you my interpretation. He did a pivot, using a question about Leonard to talk about bowen and duncan. Your replies were (lol emoticon) and (parker should thank Leonard for carrying his weak ass) both comments do not address the quote or indicate you read the quote.

Read my conversation with Brazil...

Kawhitstorm
04-28-2016, 09:51 PM

It really has nothing to do w/ "respect": Camby played for the Nuggets, a franchise that couldn't get past the 1st rd, when he won it.:lol

This is the age of advanced metrics where counting stats aren't the end all, be all; Kyle Kover became an all-star thanks to advanced metric.

GSH
04-28-2016, 10:02 PM
I'm on my phone but I can already tell you are a low IQ poster. :lmao

Right on schedule

https://anotherchange.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/pigeon-chess.jpg

dabom
04-28-2016, 10:05 PM
GSH got me. :lol

Clipper Nation
04-28-2016, 10:07 PM
Porker is a pathetic fat faggot. Last I checked, Rique owes thanks to Speedy Claxton, Beno Udrih, Cory Joseph, and MVPatty Mills for bailing his disgustingly obese ass out over and over again.

K...
04-28-2016, 10:11 PM

Wholly fuck....did you say Duncan has not contributed as much on defense as kawhi? That's full satanic Mr Choo Choo engineer. 1999,2005 were lights out defenses. 2003 was no slouch. He's not even an enigma, it's his size that makes him effective.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 10:21 PM
It really has nothing to do w/ "respect": Camby played for the Nuggets, a franchise that couldn't get past the 1st rd, when he won it.:lol

This is the age of advanced metrics where counting stats aren't the end all, be all; Kyle Kover became an all-star thanks to advanced metric.

Exactly.

It is all on the advacement of advanced stat. Not because of what Bowen and Duncan didnt win so his comment is retarded as fuck.

Anyone who actually thinks Tony has a point must have mild tumor on his brain. Robinson won a DPOY before the spurs even won a ring.

rasuo214
04-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Stupid is committing to a lifestyle where you have no real ideas of your own so you look for jealous mental midgets with axes to grind to follow.

I am not even sure you're a spurs fan, but if you actually followed the team in the 90s and before you'd realize no one in the media really gives a fuck about the Spurs. Christ look at the bullshit stern and the networks have pulled over the years. The last 3 years ago, they still called us the boring old Spurs.

What Parker was saying was very simple. 10 years ago Kawai would have lost the award to green. The work of TD, Bowen, etc helped the Spurs overcome the stigma

you and the aunt fucker and his alts beat a boring drum to death. It's pathetic, there is nothing insightful or cutting edge about your pathetic schtick. A bullet is the solution, just do it, all of you.

10 years ago guys like Deandre and Whiteside would have won DPOY. Yes Bowen and TD helped pave the way for the Spurs but ultimately it comes down to the era Kawhi is playing in where there is a greater emphasis on advanced stats instead of common stats like blocks and steals. As well as the shift towards small ball and the lack of quality bigs.

I get what Parker meant that Bowen and TD were deserving to win DPOY and they helped build a championship and defensive culture that should be recognized and not overlooked but Kawhi still earned the award. The Finals helped put Kawhi on the map and then the Warrior games gave him the boost to steal it from Draymond.

YGWHI
04-28-2016, 10:26 PM
And with the way Kawhi markets himself, it's very possible that Draymond and DeAndre get DPOY awards over him in the future.
Kawhi's so good at marketing himself off court. He doesn't need to say much, just one or two things that people love.

Remember what happened when the ESPN guy wrote about Kawhi's wings coupons? People got crazy falling in love with him.

Also, Kawhi has a ton of non-Spurs fans. That's why he had more All-Star votes than Dray, he was the first Spurs player to get a starter-spot since Tim.

That's why people call some reporters out when they want to talk shit about him. Remember the "I don't do the media" issue and how bad it ended for the Chicago old man?

People love him because of his stoic demeanor, like he's the second coming of Tim Duncan personality...now, he has his own Klaw-logo merchandise with Jordan.

People and other players call him like the Silent Assassin...Being calm and almost without any emotion is Kawhi's business. And he knows it, better than anyone else.

Clipper Nation
04-28-2016, 10:27 PM
:cry "Kawhi should thank Duncan and Bowen for making it possible for a Spur to win DPOY! It would have never happened before them!" :cry

http://i.imgur.com/aNa6u7W.jpg

:lmao Porker
:lmao Faggot
:lmao Porker-fluffers trying to :downspin: this shit

YGWHI
04-28-2016, 10:57 PM
I do think the exact same Kawhi on Milwaukee doesn't get the award.
Kawhi's a generational talent on defense playing with the Spurs or Bucks.

If a guy on Milwaukee has these numbers...he would be DPOY.

-Kawhi is the only player in NBA history has accumulated an Offensive Rating OVER 116 and a Defensive Rating UNDER 98.

-Spurs give up .97 w/him on court and 1.02 with him off

-Kawhi Leonard has the best defensive rating of any player over the last 3 seasons

Brazil
04-28-2016, 10:58 PM

Thats your point of view bro... Parker has a different one... It's all good...does not mean he thinks kawhi don't deserve the award. and :lol at your analytics argument... Analytics don't give the award

Brazil
04-28-2016, 11:00 PM
:cry "Kawhi should thank Duncan and Bowen for making it possible for a Spur to win DPOY! It would have never happened before them!" :cry

http://i.imgur.com/aNa6u7W.jpg

:lmao Porker
:lmao Faggot
:lmao Porker-fluffers trying to :downspin: this shit

:lol the idiot village... Spin the shit that's duncan never got this award smart ass

Brazil
04-28-2016, 11:01 PM
Exactly.

It is all on the advacement of advanced stat. Not because of what Bowen and Duncan didnt win so his comment is retarded as fuck.

Anyone who actually thinks Tony has a point must have mild tumor on his brain. Robinson won a DPOY before the spurs even won a ring.

Oh ok so now that's Parker who has a shit opinion so nothing to do with the fact he is jealous or thinks kawhi does not deserve it... Thanks for clearing that up

Brazil
04-28-2016, 11:02 PM
:lol This board is full of retards who have nothing much to do with the time they have in their hands tbh

YGWHI
04-28-2016, 11:23 PM
He did a pivot, using a question about Leonard to talk about bowen and duncan.

In the night of Kawhi's DPOY award ceremony...

There is no need to say that in your teammate's night.

Parker has 82 postgames in the regular season to say what he wants...But in the DPOY ceremony? Just say you're happy for him and stop embarrassing yourself.

Of course, Danny wasn't shooting great, just the Heat let him open.

Of course, Kawhi should thank to Duncan and Bowen for being a generational talent on defense.

There is a reason why when Danny talks about the Big 3, he always mentions only Tim and Manu as the best teammates.

After the Barry wife incident, he should have learned something about chemistry with teammates. But he didn't.

And this will be his legacy.

It's sad but young guys will forget the amazing player he was, just remember him as a jealous bitch.

Spurs_619
04-28-2016, 11:35 PM
:lol This board is full of retards who have nothing much to do with the time they have in their hands tbh

I just don't see why Parker who is supposed to be a leader always feels the need to downplay his teammates achievements. Especially when hes been playing like ass most of the year.

Brazil
04-28-2016, 11:41 PM
I just don't see why Parker who is supposed to be a leader always feels the need to downplay his teammates achievements. Especially when hes been playing like ass most of the year.

Except he did not... But carry on

z0sa
04-28-2016, 11:42 PM

Lol yeah, ppl talkin about HOFer Tony's legacy like 99% of non-internets spurs fans wouldnt call them a faggot and idiot to their face for saying such shit. Without emojis they would be powerless :lmao

dabom
04-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Shut up faggots. :lmao

Clipper Nation
04-28-2016, 11:49 PM
:lol the idiot village... Spin the shit that's duncan never got this award smart ass

Duncan won two MVPs. Tell me more about how the Spurs never got respect until Kawhi came on board. :lol

Porker is just bitter and jealous because he's never been good enough to win any awards of his own.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2016, 11:53 PM
Duncan won two MVPs. Tell me more about how the Spurs never got respect until Kawhi came on board. :lol

Porker is just bitter and jealous because he's never been good enough to win any awards of his own.

Burn.

houston spurs fan
04-29-2016, 12:03 AM
However, TP9 is about to take a shit on all these player and bandwagon fans who have no clue what he did in the 2000s. Players get old, see DWade 2006 versus 2016.

houston spurs fan
04-29-2016, 12:05 AM
Burn.
Perfect example of a bandwagon "fan". Being a homosexual pinoy adds mustard though, I get it.

YGWHI
04-29-2016, 12:28 AM
Lol yeah, ppl talkin about HOFer Tony's legacy like 99% of non-internets spurs fans wouldnt call them a faggot and idiot to their face for saying such shit. Without emojis they would be powerless :lmao

Well, Parker is in the "the craziests sex scandal in the NBA history" list. Most people will remember him for that, like people will remember Howard's for his billion of baby mommas than his best years as elite player in Orlando.

The good thing? When the media will ask Kawhi about Parker entering Hall of Fame, he won't say that Parker should thank to Tim Duncan, the Spurs, and Basketball Gods for being part of the Big3, like Parker did in Kawhi's DPOY ceremony.

Kawhi will praise Parker. WHY? Because that's what a good teammate does.

z0sa
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM

Finals MVP isnt an individual award now :lol

z0sa
04-29-2016, 12:35 AM
Well, Parker is in the "the craziests sex scandal in the NBA history" list. Most people will remember him for that, like people will remember Howard's for his billion of baby mommas than his best years as elite player in Orlando.

The good thing? When the media will ask Kawhi about Parker entering Hall of Fame, he won't say that Parker should thank to Tim Duncan, the Spurs, and Basketball Gods for being part of the Big3, like Parker did in Kawhi's DPOY ceremony.

Parker talked up two of his teammates fool :lol and also gave Kawhi credit still. Youre insane.

YGWHI
04-29-2016, 12:46 AM
Parker talked up two of his teammates fool :lol and also gave Kawhi credit still. Youre insane.

Not sure how he gave Kawhi credit saying he should thank other people for the awards.

But like I've said before, Kawhi or any other Spurs player won't talk about two teammates like Tim or Manu or say Parker should thank them, in Parker HOF ceremony.

It was Kawhi's DPOY ceremony...A bit of common sense won't hurt Parker.

gilmor
04-29-2016, 12:52 AM

I thought Kobe should be remembered for that.. He fucked a prostitute in Denver..

But I remembered his farewell has nothing to do with that prostitute..

Or for that matter.. Paul George.. he fucked a teammate's wife..

YGWHI
04-29-2016, 12:57 AM
I thought Kobe should be remembered for that.. He fucked a prostitute in Denver..

But I remembered his farewell has nothing to do with that prostitute..

Do you really think that people forget the "incident"? Like it or not, that's part of his legacy too.

YGWHI
04-29-2016, 01:00 AM
But if we're gonna act like no one still calls Kobe rapist...It's OK.

We should remember how young guys like Nance Jr. called Kobe...

gilmor
04-29-2016, 01:06 AM
But if we're gonna act like no one still calls Kobe rapist...It's OK.

We should remember how young guys like Nance Jr. called Kobe...

How bout Paul George? He actually literally fucked a teammate's wife?

And Derek Fisher? I am sure he fucked Matt Barnes' wife..

YGWHI
04-29-2016, 01:22 AM
How bout Paul George? He actually literally fucked a teammate's wife?

And Derek Fisher? I am sure he fucked Matt Barnes' wife..

Well, we know how the narrative works. Everytime the Pacers lose a playoffs game..."Pacers lost a lot of great guys cause PG acts"

I hate Fisher too much so...

And with all due respect to Hibbert and Matt Barnes, they aren't Rick Barry sons. Or members of a traditional family of bball players. Or their wives are Hollywood stars like Eva was years ago. That's why Parker's scandal gained more publicity.

lefty
04-29-2016, 01:41 AM
What the fuck does Parker know about defense?