PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Chuck on the upcoming season

lefty
10-16-2017, 05:05 PM
"I have to get on TV and fake it for seven months that it’s not going to be the Warriors and Cavs in the finals again."

baseline bum
10-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Could be the Celtics getting wrecked in the Finals.

The Gemini Method
10-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Yeah, the idea that it will be different this year is minimal at best. But then again, 7 straight Eastern Conference teams with LeBron doesn't leave many variations on teams coming from the East and the supposed tougher West giving a different opponent with the Thunder/Spurs/Mavs/Warriors in that span.

Mitch
10-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Another season of the goofs upstairs circle jerking over retard Leonard and cleaning up the trophy shelf like it's a lock.

DMC
10-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Could be the Celtics getting wrecked in the Finals.

That team is nothing but injuries waiting to happen. I like Brad, but he's overrated. His team folds like laundry when the heat is on.

baseline bum
10-16-2017, 09:36 PM
That team is nothing but injuries waiting to happen. I like Brad, but he's overrated. His team folds like laundry when the heat is on.

Now their biggest china doll is in Cleveland. I'm not saying I expect Boston to win the East, but Cleveland making the Finals isn't anything approaching the sure thing Golden State making the Finals is.

DMC
10-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Now their biggest china doll is in Cleveland. I'm not saying I expect Boston to win the East, but Cleveland making the Finals isn't anything approaching the sure thing Golden State making the Finals is.

Barring injuries GS walks to the ring.

Arcadian
10-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Just a reminder: Spurs were killing the Warriors with Kawhi. They had no answer for him (except stepping on his ankle).

baseline bum
10-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Just a reminder: Spurs were killing the Warriors with Kawhi. They had no answer for him (except stepping on his ankle).

In one game. So the Spurs lose in five games, maybe force a sixth game if not for Pachulia sliding under Kawhi's foot.

Raven
10-17-2017, 04:44 AM
chuck was never the type to have good bball insight.. sure he can explain stuff after it has already happened, but he's awful at predicting ..

Arcadian
10-17-2017, 12:42 PM
In one game. So the Spurs lose in five games, maybe force a sixth game if not for Pachulia sliding under Kawhi's foot.

Maybe. We'll never know, but we do know they struggled with a Kawhi-based Spurs.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2017, 01:23 PM
The Spurs were up 20 in Game 1 against the Lakers in '08. Remind me again how that game and series turned out?

baseline bum
10-17-2017, 02:18 PM
The Spurs were up 20 in Game 1 against the Lakers in '08. Remind me again how that game and series turned out?

Damn if the Spurs had that MVPau :pctoss

-21-
10-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Now their biggest china doll is in Cleveland. I'm not saying I expect Boston to win the East, but Cleveland making the Finals isn't anything approaching the sure thing Golden State making the Finals is. I think you meant "shortest" china doll...

DeadlyDynasty
10-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Arcadian is such a stale, aww-shucks upstairs poster...next-gen Joe Chalupa tbh

lefty
10-17-2017, 04:56 PM

I guess we'll never know :cry

Arcadian
10-17-2017, 09:45 PM

It's a bit different because the 08 Spurs didn't have a 25-yo superstar at his peak.

Arcadian
10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Arcadian is such a stale, aww-shucks upstairs poster...next-gen Joe Chalupa tbh

At least I was presenting a dissenting opinion, while you're merely conforming to the group mind. Fucking tool.

Aww, shucks.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2017, 09:47 PM
It's a bit different because the 08 Spurs didn't have a 25-yo superstar at his peak.

The '08 Spurs were the defending champions going into that series.

Arcadian
10-17-2017, 09:50 PM
The '08 Spurs were the defending champions going into that series.

Well that would be another difference.

That series was winnable, actually, but it had a very different feel. When Kawhi was destroying those bitches, we all had the feeling, "We got this."

diego
10-17-2017, 11:07 PM

That series was winnable, actually, but it had a very different feel. When Kawhi was destroying those bitches, we all had the feeling, "We got this."

i think 08 spurs were actually favorites, whereas last year nobody gave them a chance. The big thing in 08 was the hornets 7 game series broke the spurs, if they had played the lakers first they would have won IMO. of all the years that injuries cost us, i think of 08 first- manu was hobbled and that decided the series.

whitemamba
10-18-2017, 12:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpiCZxB_0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpiCZxB_0Y
how did you feel when u were up 20 here? did you "have this"?

Mark Celibate
10-18-2017, 08:43 PM
"I have to get on TV and fake it for seven months that it’s not going to be the Warriors and Cavs in the finals again."

glad he tells it like it is

the NBA is pretty laughable at this point, there's no point in watching. Seriously, do something better with your life for the next few years then waste the time unless you're a Golden State fan.

If you're an NBA fan, you just have to hope that your city builds enough clubs, imports plenty of white women, and whatever else young black men enjoy in hopes that three young superstars all agree to play there or else you're pretty much out of luck barring key injuries to other teams(San Antonio, Milwaukee, Utah, etc).

DMC
05-31-2018, 07:52 PM
I stand behind this.

tholdren
05-31-2018, 08:40 PM

He also makes fun of the lack of skill in the nba. Total joke.

Phenomanul
06-01-2018, 02:11 PM
i think 08 spurs were actually favorites, whereas last year nobody gave them a chance. The big thing in 08 was the hornets 7 game series broke the spurs, if they had played the lakers first they would have won IMO. of all the years that injuries cost us, i think of 08 first- manu was hobbled and that decided the series.

Everyone in here is pretending like then NBA Commissioner David Stern didn't state earlier that year that he wanted a Lakers vs. Lakers finals... and since he couldn't realistically get that pairing that a Lakers vs. Celtics finals would suffice. That's exactly what he orchestrated.

Which is why he assigned Joey Crawford to officiate Game 4 and make sure that the series wouldn't slip away. If Spurs had won Game 4 the series would've been tied 2-2. Instead Joey swallows his whistle on the most critical play of the game; result Lakers win by 2. I'm pretty sure Ginobili was playing on a bum ankle that entire series from a kick Sasha Vujacic gave him in game 1... the same one he ended up stress fracturing during the Beijing Games just a few months later.

phxspurfan
06-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Another season of the goofs upstairs circle jerking over retard Leonard and cleaning up the trophy shelf like it's a lock.

Welp, that shit didn't happen :lol

phxspurfan
06-01-2018, 02:59 PM
He also makes fun of the lack of skill in the nba. Total joke.

Totally agree with this part. I always laugh when media creams all over the NBA like "if you ain't here you ain't good" when there are scrubs like Kevin Looney and Austin Rivers starting for their teams.

Mitch
06-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Welp, that shit didn't happen :lol

Of course not, anybody with a brain (not attic retards) knew this.