PDA

View Full Version : RC Buford on Kawhi: “The relationship is challenging”

Pages : [1] 2

Amuseddaysleeper
02-01-2018, 08:56 PM
As reported on the air by TNT :wow

mexicanjunior
02-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Kawhi wants out of this dumpster fire...don't blame him tbh...

TheRemix
02-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Well how do you form a relationship with someone that doesn't talk

jermaine
02-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Fuck that nigga then...

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Fuck that nigga then...

Pretty much been saying this since his crying ass hasnt addressed the media and let people speculate.

DeRozan m8
02-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Yeah, coz this is something you let out in the public.

This drunk f@ggot has killed this team, probably forever.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Yeah, coz this is something you let out in the public.

This drunk f@ggot has killed this team, probably forever.

You do talk about it and squash it. If you dont you look like a crying baby.

SuperCam
02-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Slurpers denying all the reporting the last two weeks :lmao

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:11 PM

Meh just shocked that if true kl is so unprofessional

jermaine
02-01-2018, 09:11 PM
They seriously need to just trade him so we can get whatever we can to get or roster set. I'm so tired of this dude. I really really respected Kawhi.. NOT ANYMORE

Leetonidas
02-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Trade his ass for AD tbh

Play Boban
02-01-2018, 09:13 PM
I’m glad all you Kawhi suckers are getting exposed now. Too bad it’s going to cost the Spurs tbh.

Darius Bieber
02-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Yeah he's probably always wanted out. San Antonio doesn't fit him. He's off to the west coast.

BillMc
02-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Guys been handed the keys to the most successful franchise of the past 20 years. If he doesn't want those keys....what can you do?

gambit1990
02-01-2018, 09:15 PM
i missed that part of the telecast. interesting.

Barfunk
02-01-2018, 09:17 PM
At this point you just say fuck it. What can you do? If he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want to be here. If it is true, fuck him.

Floyd Pacquiao
I blame pop mostly, but It is tough to have a relationship with someone who has aspergers

Amuseddaysleeper
Guys been handed the keys to the most successful franchise of the past 20 years. If he doesn't want those keys....what can you do?

He wants to go to a team that actually has a future and the potential for a big 3 where LMA isn't your second best player.

tholdren
Guys been handed the keys to the most successful franchise of the past 20 years. If he doesn't want those keys....what can you do? do a better job grooming your franchise players.lma and kl mentally weak.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-01-2018, 09:18 PM

It was when they came back from one of the first timeouts in the first quarter on TNT.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:19 PM
He wants to go to a team that actually has a future and the potential for a big 3 where LMA isn't your second best player.

Sounds like some pretty weak beta work ethic. Go somewhere with a future?

Darius Bieber
02-01-2018, 09:20 PM

Exactly. Imagine you're in Kawhi's shoes. You see your team's management overpay players like Pau Gasol and Patty Mills and see other teams like the Rockets and OKC making big moves for their futures. You definitely want out.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Exactly. Imagine you're in Kawhi's shoes. You see your team's management overpay players like Pau Gasol and Patty Mills and see other teams like the Rockets and OKC making big moves for their futures. You definitely want out.

THIS

mexicanjunior
02-01-2018, 09:23 PM

Pretty easy decision...Pop and Buford reaping what they sow...

Proxy
02-01-2018, 09:23 PM

kinda weird, Aldridge was speaking of the rumors as if they were overblown, but dropped this small RC quote in the middle of it all

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Only if you have no juevos. But its typical todays nba. Why make a name for yourself when you can have others make one for you. You should be banned

Leetonidas
While I understand I think it's complete bullshit if Kawhi is that much of a puss he wants out after winning a ring, FMVP, 2x DPOY, back to back 60 win season and coming off the WCF. If he's really wants off the spurs this quickly then Fuck him. You dont hear AD bitching in NO.

TheGreatYacht
Time to bring up some old posts :lmao

I know DPG was one of the fluffers in denial, will look for more postgame

Amuseddaysleeper
02-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Time to bring up some old posts :lmao

I know DPG was one of the fluffers in denial, will look for more postgame

Hasn't it essentially been postgame once the Rockets went up 9-4 :lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
02-01-2018, 09:32 PM
While I understand I think it's complete bullshit if Kawhi is that much of a puss he wants out after winning a ring, FMVP, 2x DPOY, back to back 60 win season and coming off the WCF. If he's really wants off the spurs this quickly then Fuck him. You dont hear AD bitching in NO.

I agree that it is strange from Kawhi but I also understand if he doesn't want to waste his prime years on an FO that could be on the downswing. You aren't going to win a title with LMA has your second best player. It's a superstars league and SA isn't a destination where players will want to form a superteam there.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:33 PM
I agree that it is strange from Kawhi but I also understand if he doesn't want to waste his prime years on an FO that could be on the downswing. You aren't going to win a title with LMA has your second best player. It's a superstars league and SA isn't a destination where players will want to form a superteam there.

Cry

DPG21920
Yall are so dumb :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
Cry

Don't cry, it'll get better man

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Don't cry, it'll get better man

But but but superteam.

Keepin' it real
02-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Kawhi is a millennial, so ...

SpurPadre
02-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Man, you guys are being so fucking melodramatic and hyperbolic as fuck, tbh.

lefty20
02-01-2018, 09:41 PM
This is all Timmy's fault. He spoiled PATFO and they got complacent. Now Kiwi is doing what must be done make those fuckers start doing their job well again.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:42 PM

Make spurs great again. Vote trump and trade kl

dabom
02-01-2018, 09:42 PM
"Challenging" is bad how? :lol

DPG21920
02-01-2018, 09:43 PM
This is all Timmy's fault. He spoiled PATFO and they got complacent. Now Kiwi is doing what must be done make those fuckers start doing their job well again.

You mean so complacent that they made it to the WCF AFTER Tim retired?

Atl Spur
I’ll believe he’s traded when I see it......

TheGreatYacht
Hasn't it essentially been postgame once the Rockets went up 9-4 :lmao
You give these bums too much respect. Game was a wrap the minute the Rockets arrived to Fat Antonio

Atl Spur
02-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Just white noise!

tholdren
02-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Just white noise!

Racism

spurs10
02-01-2018, 09:45 PM
What is this in reference to? Sounds taken out of context.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 09:46 PM
The PATFO is as much toxic as it is useless. If a reclusive mute with a dull personality is challenging, how are you ever going to attract real free agents that actually have persolities and thoughts.of their own? This clown FO has been living in Tim Duncan's shadows for 18 years. It was a nice career of doing a whole lot of nothing and taking a lot of the credit RC but I think its time to retire before the league finds out who you really are. And do the Spurs a favor, take that sanctimonious mook of a head coach with you.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Just white noise!

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

SpurPadre
02-01-2018, 09:47 PM
There's only so many times you can fill your roster with scrubs like Ayres, Bonner, Joffrey, Hilliard and Brandon Paul while you're in your prime, injured and waiting for more support like other superstars until you start getting frustrated. With that said, they'll figure something out and be ok.

benefactor
02-01-2018, 09:50 PM
I've never really understood why op chose this shtick. Who willingly wants to be the "everyone hates me for injuring players/emotional girl when things go wrong" poster? You have been here for a decade plus. You're a grown fucking man by now...and one that has gotten to see a lot of success from a sports perspective. But guess when you are part of the fabric of ST you just keep fucking that chicken no matter how odd it looks

Leetonidas
02-01-2018, 09:54 PM
:lol

Stabula

Deflecting. You're one of the posters on this board who tries to find as much pain and dissatisfaction as possible in an entertainment medium.

Chinook
Again, this is overblown. But the team got Kawhi a title and is supposedly willing to give him a huge deal despite his injury issues. If Leonard is so out of touch that he doesn't understand that the Spurs are going about as far as a team can reasonably expect to go, then there's nothing you can do.

I just wish people stopped comparing Kawhi to Tim in terms of personality. They're very obviously extremely different people, and it does neither any favors to overlook that.

bic50
02-01-2018, 09:55 PM

CGD
02-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Man, I feel shit gets complicated whenever players combine their personal and business lives.

cjw
02-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Challenging is not challenged. Clear distinction.

Let’s see how he feels when he’s healthy. Everyone is frustrated right now for obvious reasons. We’ll know after this season if he takes the supermax or not, and if he doesn’t they’ll get a king’s ransom for him. Players of his level just aren’t traded. That is if he’s healthy.

Relationship should be challenging if there are different doctors with different opinions. This isn’t a cut and dry injury.

But everyone on here should be an armchair mind reader.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Deflecting. You're one of the posters on this board who tries to find as much pain and dissatisfaction as possible in an entertainment medium.

Like the Aldridg rumors, right. Where there's smoke there's usually fire. There's nothing entertaining about RC. Are you denying he said it?

bic50
02-01-2018, 09:59 PM
They seriously need to just trade him so we can get whatever we can to get or roster set. I'm so tired of this dude. I really really respected Kawhi.. NOT ANYMORE
Damn calm down.

Stabula
02-01-2018, 09:59 PM
I've never really understood why op chose this shtick. Who willingly wants to be the "everyone hates me for injuring players/emotional girl when things go wrong" poster? You have been here for a decade plus. You're a grown fucking man by now...and one that has gotten to see a lot of success from a sports perspective. But guess when you are part of the fabric of ST you just keep fucking that chicken no matter how odd it looks

He's just a thoroughly pathetic human being from the looks of it. Can't imagine how he must be in areas of actual strife.

Atl Spur
02-01-2018, 10:03 PM

You know what that means........right?

Stand
02-01-2018, 10:03 PM
If it is true it may be somewhat of a blessing in disguise. This is setting up an offseason where the FO is going to have to be ruthless with the roster if they want to appease their star player.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 10:05 PM

Let’s see how he feels when he’s healthy. Everyone is frustrated right now for obvious reasons. We’ll know after this season if he takes the supermax or not, and if he doesn’t they’ll get a king’s ransom for him. Players of his level just aren’t traded. That is if he’s healthy.

Relationship should be challenging if there are different doctors with different opinions. This isn’t a cut and dry injury.

Or the player could just address the issue

daslicer
Looks like Kawhi is trying really hard to get the supermax extension this summer.

bic50
Those keys are in pops hands tbh.

bic50
02-01-2018, 10:08 PM
I don't hear Kawhi bitching either. What's Rc mean by challenging?

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 10:11 PM
You know what that means........right?

Meaningless commotion.

Chris Broussard didn't invent that comment so the media would have something to talk about ya know.

Atl Spur
02-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Meaningless commotion.

Chris Broussard didn't invent that comment so the media would have something to talk about ya know.
You may be right; only time will tell.

sook
02-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Yall are so dumb :lol

Lol rekt in less than an hr :lol

Straight out of RC’s mouth, no need to make a false narrative

DPG21920
02-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Lol rekt in less than an hr :lol

Straight out of RC’s mouth, no need to make a false narrative

Don’t start with me :lol Good win :tu

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-01-2018, 10:29 PM
It would be nice if anyone had any idea what was going on. Hearsay is pretty bad, but when Kawhi won't comment for himself publicly it just let's the rumor mills grow. I have friends and family who are challenging...doesn't mean I'm going to trade them.

Between him not talking, Pop not addressing anything, and RC being cryptic it's hard to say what "challenging" translates to...injury is challenging?..demands challenging?..contract negotiations challenging?..in-flight menu requests challenging?

At least when your team is full of media hounds the public has an idea for what's going on.

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Time to bring the receipts :wakeup

"Aldridge didn't request a trade"
"Kawhi doesn't have a problem with RC"

tholdren
02-01-2018, 10:31 PM
It would be nice if anyone had any idea what was going on. Hearsay is pretty bad, but when Kawhi won't comment for himself publicly it just let's the rumor mills grow. I have friends and family who are challenging...doesn't mean I'm going to trade them.

Between him not talking, Pop not addressing anything, and RC being cryptic it's hard to say what "challenging" translates to...injury is challenging?..demands challenging?..contract negotiations challenging?..in-flight menu requests challenging?

At least when your team is full of media hounds the public has an idea for what's going on.

Yep.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2018, 10:32 PM

Patfo fluffer. These pink fatsos:lol

still.focused
02-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Fuck this scrub ass roster & its architects

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Patfo fluffer. These pink fatsos:lol
You'd think these fatnecks got the picture that the players have had enough with PATFO after Simmons, Aldridge, Dedmon, Kawhi, etc all voiced their frustrations....

Only guys happy are the washed scrubs looking to get one more pay day (Gasol, Mills, Green, Parker, Manure...)

sook
02-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Don’t start with me :lol Good win :tu

I’m just messing tbh Kawhi ain’t going anywhere :lol

cd021
02-01-2018, 10:43 PM
People still blaming millennials? At least we aren't swallowing laundry detergent tbh.

sasaint
02-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Or the player could just address the issue

Kawhi has been completely silent. In this situation THAT sets him completely apart from any other player in a similar situation. Can anybody imagine LeBron, Curry, Harden, Paul, Durant et al maintaining total silence under these circumstances? I think it is maybe the most bizarre aspect of this whole episode. And it really has me very concerned. Totally bizarre.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 10:44 PM
People still blaming millennials? At least we aren't swallowing laundry detergent tbh.

No, your kids are.

sasaint
02-01-2018, 10:45 PM

Unimaginable with any other superstar on any other team in any other league. Something is clearly up.

BatManu20
02-01-2018, 10:46 PM

This is an overrated stance tbh. OKC has no future (they're not winning a ring anytime soon with that roster and there's a good chance PG leaves this summer anyways) and the Spurs are better than them right now with an injury-riddled roster. As for Chris Paul, him going to the Rockets was a blockbuster deal that rarely happens, and he CHOSE to go to Houston. Not much we can do there.

I agree we overpaid Pau and Patty, those were both obviously dumb moves. PATFO screwed up with those, but that doesn't mean it's not fixable. Both are tradable (esp Pau's contract after this year). Patty's would be more difficult, but it's possible. Spurs just need to handle their business from here on out. I still think we can beat Houston come playoff time IF we're healthy.

Too much melting down right now. I'll wait til we get bounced early in the playoffs and Kawhi declines signing the SuperMax before I start to panic.

cd021
Starting to actually get concerned.

PATFO denied that Aldridge was anything wrong when reports about him being traded came up only to find out later that they were true. Starting to think there may be something to the Kawhi is unhappy rumors.

99 Problems
Perhaps just now the picture is becoming clearer as a comment here and there adds substance to the rumours of unrest. Maybe it’s going to take an aging, but still MVP level Bron to keep Whi here.

The tv and other promo stuff would help the initial outlays. Can you just imagine the media frenzy of Bron & Whi together.

tbdog
02-01-2018, 10:48 PM
You got to think how frustrated Leonard is. He deserved more MVP votes than he got last year. He outplayed the stat hogger and literally blocked Harden from taking votes from him. Yet he just didn't get the recognition. Coming into the season, CP joins Harden which means he loses votes. PG and Melo join Rus which again removes votes. Curry and Durrant lose votes. This was Leonard's year to be the MVP. And a quad injury keeps him out and continue to keep him out. He can't work it out. Training staff can't work it out. Second opinions can't work it out.

cd021
02-01-2018, 10:48 PM
No, your kids are.
I'm 26, Tholdren, don't have any 15 year old's swallowing tide pods-that I know of at least. Can you say the same? :lol

tholdren
02-01-2018, 10:50 PM
I'm 26, Tholdren, don't have any 15 year old's swallowing tide pods-that I know of at least. Can you say the same? :lol

Unknown

TheDoctor
02-01-2018, 11:01 PM

Delusional fuckers. Built not Bought krew

SAGirl
02-01-2018, 11:20 PM
was that really what he said? I missed the comment and want confirmation.

SAGirl
02-01-2018, 11:21 PM
You got to think how frustrated Leonard is. He deserved more MVP votes than he got last year. He outplayed the stat hogger and literally blocked Harden from taking votes from him. Yet he just didn't get the recognition. Coming into the season, CP joins Harden which means he loses votes. PG and Melo join Rus which again removes votes. Curry and Durrant lose votes. This was Leonard's year to be the MVP. And a quad injury keeps him out and continue to keep him out. He can't work it out. Training staff can't work it out. Second opinions can't work it out.

That is true. we as fans were robbed from a year of his prime and the season has been frustrating... I imagine for him it's doubly so.

rasuo214
02-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Kawhi probably told RC to do his job and improve the team instead of handing out overpriced loyalty contracts to washed up dudes and pretending that will fix anything.

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2018, 11:34 PM
I fully believe there's tension surrounding the injury/rehab/rest and maybe even affecting future contract discussion..

However, I find it extremely difficult to believe that there are issues regarding the roster, though..that would be very strange, considering they reached the WCFs last season and Kawhi has barely played this season(a player complaining about supporting cast while he's on the sideline would be unprecedented)..it wouldn't make any sense..

99 Problems
02-01-2018, 11:34 PM
WHAT if the Bron to SA is more than a mere possibility and Kawhi is not so on board. I mean they have gone head to head for a few years. That would throw the situation into a different light. :wow:wow

illusioNtEk
02-01-2018, 11:35 PM
bradly beal for KL straight up tbh

rasuo214
02-01-2018, 11:43 PM
This is an overrated stance tbh. OKC has no future (they're not winning a ring anytime soon with that roster and there's a good chance PG leaves this summer anyways) and the Spurs are better than them right now with an injury-riddled roster. As for Chris Paul, him going to the Rockets was a blockbuster deal that rarely happens, and he CHOSE to go to Houston. Not much we can do there.

I agree we overpaid Pau and Patty, those were both obviously dumb moves. PATFO screwed up with those, but that doesn't mean it's not fixable. Both are tradable (esp Pau's contract after this year). Patty's would be more difficult, but it's possible. Spurs just need to handle their business from here on out. I still think we can beat Houston come playoff time IF we're healthy.

Too much melting down right now. I'll wait til we get bounced early in the playoffs and Kawhi declines signing the SuperMax before I start to panic.

If they're handing out overpriced loyalty deals to Pau (why?) and Patty, what do you think they'll do with Tony? Or Danny? Both would be more deserving than Pau or Patty, yet also not worth the deals they could potentially receive. It also doesn't help that the competition has been aggressive in trying to improve their teams (OKC, Houston, Minnesota, even the Pelicans with Cousins, GSW the year before with Durant) while the Spurs have stood pat or made minor changes.

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
If they're handing out overpriced loyalty deals to Pau (why?) and Patty, what do you think they'll do with Tony? Or Danny? Both would be more deserving than Pau or Patty, yet also not worth the deals they could potentially receive. It also doesn't help that the competition has been aggressive in trying to improve their teams (OKC, Houston, Minnesota, even the Pelicans with Cousins, GSW the year before with Durant) while the Spurs have stood pat or made minor changes.

As bad as most of the front office's moves have been the past few seasons, it would still be very sad if Kawhi complained about the roster(I don't believe he has, though)..he's only been the focal point for 2 full seasons, and it's not like they were missing the playoffs during that time..

I can't recall an example of a star complaining in such a short period of time..it took Kobe until the end of his 3rd full season as the lead guy to ask for a trade(and those teams were far worse than anything the Spurs have put out lately)..

Again, I don't believe Kawhi cares about that, though..at least not yet..

rasuo214
02-02-2018, 12:18 AM
As bad as most of the front office's moves have been the past few seasons, it would still be very sad if Kawhi complained about the roster(I don't believe he has, though)..he's only been the focal point for 2 full seasons, and it's not like they were missing the playoffs during that time..

I can't recall an example of a star complaining in such a short period of time..it took Kobe until the end of his 3rd full season as the lead guy to ask for a trade(and those teams were far worse than anything the Spurs have put out lately)..

We have no idea why the relationship is challenging, like you said it could be over the injury but it would be justified if it was over the roster.

The Warriors acquiring Durant has put pressure on the rest of the contenders to improve. We saw that happen with Houston, OKC, Minnesota, Boston, NO etc. So it's kind of hard to compare it to previous stars. Imagine if after the 07 Finals the Spurs acquired Lebron without losing any of the Big 3. That's basically what the league is dealing with right now.

bic50
02-02-2018, 12:29 AM
WHAT if the Bron to SA is more than a mere possibility and Kawhi is not so on board. I mean they have gone head to head for a few years. That would throw the situation into a different light. :wow:wow
I think that'd be the case if it were Durant. Lebron hasn't been disrespectful towards kl like Durant.

MaNu4Tres
02-02-2018, 12:40 AM
I fully believe there's tension surrounding the injury/rehab/rest and maybe even affecting future contract discussion..

However, I find it extremely difficult to believe that there are issues regarding the roster, though..that would be very strange, considering they reached the WCFs last season and Kawhi has barely played this season(a player complaining about supporting cast while he's on the sideline would be unprecedented)..it wouldn't make any sense..

It would make sense to me if I were Kawhi and Pop & RC tagged on 100 million to Pau and Patty for the next 3-4 years.

Yeah they made the WCF last year, but that doesn't mean to go all in and give Pau and Patty 100 million for next 3-4 years. There's ways to build on successful seasons by trimming the fat and layering on top of the positives. Spurs overpaid the fat for the duration of Kawhi's prime. It's about the near future more so than what happened in previous seasons.

I'd be pissed about those two decisions, hell I am now and I'm just a fan. If Kawhi wants to win titles, I could understand why the roster frustrates him. Pau and Patty weren't the moves to make. I understand Paus' deal to a degree but the Spurs were terrible in leveraging the situation. No team in the NBA would have given him 16 mil per. And Pattys deal was as atrocious as it can possibly get. Now if Kawhi signs the Super Max, Patty will be making 30% of the remaining cap space after Kawhi and LMA's salary -- which is ridiculous if you're trying to build a championship team.

Budkin
02-02-2018, 12:45 AM
:lmao This thread

Chinook
02-02-2018, 01:17 AM
It would make sense to me if I were Kawhi and Pop & RC tagged on 100 million to Pau and Patty for the next 3-4 years.

Again, Kawhi is a max player. Any player who is already making big money and is pissed at others making money is going to be hated in the locker room. What he would be doing is Kobe-level cancer stuff. That would be true even if the team were a solid lottery team. It's so much more true with them having HCA in the first round right now. You can be pissed all you want. You're a fan, so having an opinion on their moves and complaining while ultimately being powerless is your role. Kawhi isn't a fan. He isn't the GM. He's a player. And bitching about other guys' salaries when the team is holding its own without him would be disgusting.

MaNu4Tres
02-02-2018, 01:25 AM
Again, Kawhi is a max player. Any player who is already making big money and is pissed at others making money is going to be hated in the locker room. What he would be doing is Kobe-level cancer stuff. That would be true even if the team were a solid lottery team. It's so much more true with them having HCA in the first round right now. You can be pissed all you want. You're a fan, so having an opinion on their moves and complaining while ultimately being powerless is your role. Kawhi isn't a fan. He isn't the GM. He's a player. And bitching about other guys' salaries when the team is holding its own without him would be disgusting.

It's not about bitching about other guys' salary. Kawhi doesn't bitch. It's about trying to understand what his thoughts are about the team moving forward as he, like any player, has thought about his future. It's called empathy. And if I were in his shoes, it would bother me especially if I wanted to win.

If it's not about winning, then he is probably thinking about preferring to play closer to home, in LA.

apalisoc_9
02-02-2018, 01:27 AM
Kawhi is clearly worth 10+wins. That Super MVP level.

People fail to realize the structure of a modern day NBA organization. The best player is never "just" a player. Its been the best players role and and responsibility to evaluate his own rooster. Superstars do that.

If Kawhi feels like he should be getting a similar voice, then he deserves it.

Pops even alluded to this responsibility with the big 3. But the modern top 5 player superstar is an evem bigger animal.

apalisoc_9
02-02-2018, 01:29 AM
Superstars write the checks.

They sell the games. They sell the league.

Its gonna continue to evolve into a bigger superstar league. Patty mills has food on his table because of Sells like kawhi.

Otherwise we are looking at mid 00 shitty salary.

The Superstars make this league.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-02-2018, 01:44 AM

Yeah they made the WCF last year, but that doesn't mean to go all in and give Pau and Patty 100 million for next 3-4 years. There's ways to build on successful seasons by trimming the fat and layering on top of the positives. Spurs overpaid the fat for the duration of Kawhi's prime. It's about the near future more so than what happened in previous seasons.

I'd be pissed about those two decisions, hell I am now and I'm just a fan. If Kawhi wants to win titles, I could understand why the roster frustrates him. Pau and Patty weren't the moves to make. I understand Paus' deal to a degree but the Spurs were terrible in leveraging the situation. No team in the NBA would have given him 16 mil per. And Pattys deal was as atrocious as it can possibly get. Now if Kawhi signs the Super Max, Patty will be making 30% of the remaining cap space after Kawhi and LMA's salary -- which is ridiculous if you're trying to build a championship team.

Not so hard to understand, spot on :tu

UZER
02-02-2018, 01:49 AM
Pop told Kawhi he should average between 22-24 points or something like that. You don't tell your in-his-prime superstar that. :lol

DAF86
02-02-2018, 01:50 AM
If the Spurs get rid of Kawhi and are left with Aldridge. :lol

alpha_HaZE
02-02-2018, 01:50 AM

This! Plus Jonathon was close with Kawhi. I can see paying Pau over Dedmon, but not Patty over Simmons.

NASpurs
02-02-2018, 01:54 AM
This team is still stuck in the past which is hamstringing them from moving on to the future. I mean what can you say, you want to thank them for their loyalty and rewarding those players for their sacrifices when they took paycuts to make the team succeed but it doesn't really allow the team to move forward. Sure yeah, 3rd seed and all that without your best player but this team is stuck between the past and the future and has no real identity. Gotta start letting go of the past because I kind of get that Kawhi may be seeing his prime years being wasted. A 40 year old shouldn't be your best playmaker. A slow 38 year old shouldn't be your starting center especially with how the league is being played. The backup point guards shouldn't be making close to $30 mil (combined) a year. Your team doesn't even have a legit 3rd big man. Your big move of the season shouldn't had been signing a 30+ year old coming back from a major injury that normally ends careers. It's all so head scratching.

spursmvp
02-02-2018, 02:11 AM
Where's the clip? I don't see anything on reddit or anywhere else.

spurs10
02-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Where's the clip? I don't see anything on reddit or anywhere else. I think RC was paraphrased or something like ‘when your best player can’t play it’s challenging.’ Of course it’s challenging. It’s challenging to watch the games.

spursmvp
02-02-2018, 02:24 AM
I think RC was paraphrased or something like ‘when your best player can’t play it’s challenging.’ Of course it’s challenging. It’s challenging to watch the games.

Lol if that's what he said then this thread is total clickbait. "It's challenging when your best player can't play" is entirely different from "the relationship between kawhi and me is challenging"

duncan2150
02-02-2018, 02:45 AM
Where's the clip? I don't see anything on reddit or anywhere else.

I find nothing about it too.....

Amuseddaysleeper
02-02-2018, 02:47 AM
I think RC was paraphrased or something like ‘when your best player can’t play it’s challenging.’ Of course it’s challenging. It’s challenging to watch the games.

No, he said the relationship is challenging, specifically said the word relationship. I deleted the game from my PVR or else I would upload. If anyone has the TNT feed recorded check out the first quarter, it's there I assure you

Chinook
02-02-2018, 02:55 AM
It's not about bitching about other guys' salary. Kawhi doesn't bitch. .

What Kawhi would be doing in this scenario is totally bitching. It's not his job to worry about what other guys are making. He's not in the front office. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know what a lot of the guys on the team are getting. I can imagine a lot of players not looking into that. It's one thing to say he just wanted Patty and Pau gone (cancerous as that would be). But it's a stretch to think he would be upset that Patty is overpaid when there was zero chance of that money going to him.

It's about trying to understand what his thoughts are about the team moving forward as he, like any player, has thought about his future. It's called empathy. And if I were in his shoes, it would bother me especially if I wanted to win.

What you're doing is the exact opposite of empathy. You're not looking at things from his perspective; you're forcing your own perspective on him. Patty is a player to you. To Kawhi, he's his co-worker who's been there with him since his rookie year. I doubt he's anywhere near as keen as you are to push decisions that dramatically affect Patty's life. Players in general seem to be becoming more vocal about how much they hate trades (which is why the deadline was pushed up this season). I can't imagine Kawhi feeling comfortable forcing Mills and Pau to move across the country just to make him feel better about their chances at winning. I know I wouldn't feel right doing that to any of my co-workers.

And again, this is ignoring that Kawhi has no reason to bitch about the team's performance so far. They'll have to legit fail in title runs because the other guys can't get it done first.

If it's not about winning, then he is probably thinking about preferring to play closer to home, in LA.

If Kawhi wants to play in LA, it's up to him to tell PATFO that. He'd get no points for beating around the bush.

spurs10
02-02-2018, 03:07 AM
No, he said the relationship is challenging, specifically said the word relationship. I deleted the game from my PVR or else I would upload. If anyone has the TNT feed recorded check out the first quarter, it's there I assure you Is there a film of R.C. saying that tonight on national television? I thought one of the TNT hosts said it. If they said it then maybe they are paraphrasing RC. Then again, why wouldn’t their relationship b3 challenging due to his injury? In the end I don’t think it’s very telling.

phxspurfan
02-02-2018, 03:13 AM

I think he hurt himself reaching to pick up the keys tbh

alpha_HaZE
02-02-2018, 03:17 AM
Again, this is overblown. But the team got Kawhi a title and is supposedly willing to give him a huge deal despite his injury issues. If Leonard is so out of touch that he doesn't understand that the Spurs are going about as far as a team can reasonably expect to go, then there's nothing you can do.

I just wish people stopped comparing Kawhi to Tim in terms of personality. They're very obviously extremely different people, and it does neither any favors to overlook that.

Bill Simmons, in his podcast the one with Jalen Rose, hinted that it could Nike behind it. AKA, they have invested millions and millions of Dollars on Kawhi and are expecting him to compete for MVP and be a contender in the playoffs.

cutewizard
02-02-2018, 03:50 AM
Ive been a Spurs fan ever since........

Its frustrating to watch the Spurs no longer excel.....

I want to root for another team just to maintain my interest in the NBA, but......

There will never be another Spurs!

r0drig0lac
02-02-2018, 04:36 AM

if that's the reason,I can respect, he's not a stupid guy after all.

r0drig0lac
02-02-2018, 04:44 AM
bradly beal for KL straight up tbh

no Ariza = no deal

tbh.

duncan2k5
02-02-2018, 06:16 AM
It is hypocritical for us as fans to be mad at the moves the FO has made, but tell Kawhi he needs to shut up and accept it... (for all we know, he HAS been shutting up... It is our own FO that is saying stuff about the relationship)

Chillen
02-02-2018, 06:23 AM
What about Anthony Davis for Kawhi/Mills? works in ESPN trade checker. Would NO bite?

Fireball
02-02-2018, 06:30 AM
What about Anthony Davis for Kawhi/Mills? works in ESPN trade checker. Would NO bite?

trading for another injury prone superstar?

MaNu4Tres
02-02-2018, 07:22 AM
What Kawhi would be doing in this scenario is totally bitching. It's not his job to worry about what other guys are making. He's not in the front office. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know what a lot of the guys on the team are getting. I can imagine a lot of players not looking into that. It's one thing to say he just wanted Patty and Pau gone (cancerous as that would be). But it's a stretch to think he would be upset that Patty is overpaid when there was zero chance of that money going to him.

What you're doing is the exact opposite of empathy. You're not looking at things from his perspective; you're forcing your own perspective on him. Patty is a player to you. To Kawhi, he's his co-worker who's been there with him since his rookie year. I doubt he's anywhere near as keen as you are to push decisions that dramatically affect Patty's life. Players in general seem to be becoming more vocal about how much they hate trades (which is why the deadline was pushed up this season). I can't imagine Kawhi feeling comfortable forcing Mills and Pau to move across the country just to make him feel better about their chances at winning. I know I wouldn't feel right doing that to any of my co-workers.

And again, this is ignoring that Kawhi has no reason to bitch about the team's performance so far. They'll have to legit fail in title runs because the other guys can't get it done first.

I don't think you get it. Actually, I don't think, I know you don't understand what I'm saying.

I'm not saying its his job to worry about what others are making. I know he's not the front office, and I'm sure he does too. No where did I say Kawhi has to want them traded. I never said, "if I was Kawhi I would demand them to be traded." All I said is based on the recent moves, it wouldn't surprise me if he was pessimistic about their chances in the near future, and I could see why he'd be open to leaving and why he could be disappointed or frustrated (note: Knowing how introverted Kawhi is, he's not the type to outwardly express that to anyone -- much less management). That's totally different than the picture you're trying to draw by implying that Kawhi has to be kicking and screaming wanting Patty and Pau to get traded.

Now for me, because I'm a fan and I want to see the team do well, I would like Patty to get traded to free up money and to give the younger and more effective players more playing time to shine. As a fan, I think those were mistakes that were made this summer. So yes, I'd like Patty to be traded, but no where did I say Kawhi has to be bitching trying to get Patty moved asap. This is where comprehension comes into play and typically you have it, but in this circumstance you do not.

And also, if you really truly believe players are oblivious to what their teammates and others around the NBA are making, you couldn't be more wrong tbh.

MVPCues
02-02-2018, 07:42 AM

Points for hyperbolic.

TheDoctor
02-02-2018, 07:54 AM
:lmao

YGWHI
02-02-2018, 08:21 AM
Looks like Kawhi is trying really hard to get the supermax extension this summer.

People here said that Kawhi is frustrated about the roster when no one (RC, Pop, Kawhi's uncle) said a word about it. The same about the contract.

But both parts told media that the injury, the treatment, the existence of a 2nd opinion...generated frustration.

Kawhi only cares about basketball. If he gets frustrated because he can't play and thinks that the medical staff had something to do with that...I'd get why there are these rumors.

RC/Pop love their people. I can't see they changing their doctors because of Kawhi. And I can't see Kawhi trusting those doctors again.

Nothing the team couldn't fix. But it would take some hard moves that maybe Pop/RC aren't willing to make...

Seventyniner
02-02-2018, 08:30 AM
People here said that Kawhi is frustrated about the roster when no one (RC, Pop, Kawhi's uncle) said a word about it. The same about the contract.

But both parts told media that the injury, the treatment, the existence of a 2nd opinion...generated frustration.

Exactly. The amount of projection of those on here unhappy with the roster onto Kawhi is staggering.

dabom
02-02-2018, 08:33 AM
Chinook owning this faggot. :lol

YGWHI
02-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Exactly. The amount of projection of those on here unhappy with the roster onto Kawhi is staggering.
:tu

sasaint
02-02-2018, 08:55 AM
It is hypocritical for us as fans to be mad at the moves the FO has made, but tell Kawhi he needs to shut up and accept it... (for all we know, he HAS been shutting up... It is our own FO that is saying stuff about the relationship)

I think his vocal cords are injured.

Uriel
02-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Just finished browsing the whole thread. I can't believe it's gone 5 pages without anyone posting the full quote from R.C. or the video for context.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-02-2018, 09:29 AM
FO made stupid decisions like the Malik Rose contract. But we got lucky and swapped him for Nazr.

Spurs FO just horribly overrated, tbh.

San Antonio Slayer
02-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Just finished browsing the whole thread. I can't believe it's gone 5 pages without anyone posting the full quote from R.C. or the video for context.

natural spurs bitchers style

TheDoctor
02-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Hey, where there’s smoke, there was oxygen hommie.

szkorhetz
02-02-2018, 09:40 AM
No fucking way. AD is the best big man in and for the current NBA and Mills is just dead weight.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-02-2018, 09:50 AM
:lol taking the OP at his word.

wildbill2u
02-02-2018, 10:22 AM
what we have here is a failure to communicate.

SpursforSix
02-02-2018, 10:37 AM
:lol taking the OP at his word.

Yeah. Maybe he said it but it would sure seem like that would have made the news by now.

Dre_7
02-02-2018, 10:44 AM
I heard the quote and think that Webber or whoever it was that said it used the wrong word. I think he meant to say rehab? If RC had actually said the relationship was challenging, I would think it would be all over. I could be wrong. I have been plenty of times before. Guess we will have to wait and see. This summer it will all come to light when he either re-signs or doesn't. Then we will have the answer.

Snaq O'Meal
02-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Any relationship with socially-awkward RC Buford will no doubt be challenging.

Canyonero
02-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Just get LeBron this offseason and it's over.

bklynspursfan
02-02-2018, 10:56 AM
I heard the quote and think that Webber or whoever it was that said it used the wrong word. I think he meant to say rehab? If RC had actually said the relationship was challenging, I would think it would be all over. I could be wrong. I have been plenty of times before. Guess we will have to wait and see. This summer it will all come to light when he either re-signs or doesn't. Then we will have the answer.

Yup. That's exactly what happened I bet. Mis-quoted and everyone here buys it despite what Pop & RC's quotes have been. The rehab has been challenging, that much has been emphasized already.

coachmac87
02-02-2018, 10:58 AM
The injury situation is “challenging/frustrating” the Spurs medical team cannot find anything wrong with the tendon or quad...yet Kawhi is still complaining about discomfort. Spurs treated his return with white gloves to manage his recovery from playing..

Kawhi wanted another opinion because he felt discomfit yet he’s being told there’s nothing wrong...odd and confusing situation tbh. That’s why the Spurs don’t know what’s going on..and said for him to take more time off because they want to give Kawhi his benefit of the doubt.

This situation has nothing to do with the roster currently etc..this is all about the injury situation and what could possibly come with the contract and future. This will all be over this summer..but until that contract is signed there should be a concern

Amuseddaysleeper
02-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Fuck, now I wish I hadn’t deleted it from my PVR.

I’m going to see if that can download the game and upload the clip. I even posted it initially in the game thread and someone said they heard the exact same thing.

I figured everyone had heard it since I imagine most of us were watching the game on TNT.

Dre_7
02-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Fuck, now I wish I hadn’t deleted it from my PVR.

I’m going to see if that can download the game and upload the clip. I even posted it initially in the game thread and someone said they heard the exact same thing.

I figured everyone had heard it since I imagine most of us were watching the game on TNT.

You heard it right. Just think he meant to say rehab instead of relationship.

TimDunkem
02-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Lol Guess some people weren't watching. What OP is saying is exactly what DA said.

Proxy
02-02-2018, 11:08 AM
You heard it right. Just think he meant to say rehab instead of relationship.

yeah, and it was David Aldridge I'm pretty sure

DPG21920
02-02-2018, 11:26 AM
I asked David Aldridge to clarify his remarks. I will see if he responds and post that here.

TheDoctor
02-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Pack your bags guys, this is over.

https://media.giphy.com/media/nqRJTIwsBftG8/giphy.gif

loveforthegame
02-02-2018, 11:31 AM
DA said with all the rumors and stories about Kawhi over the past couple weeks he asked Buford about it. RC said the relationship was challenging. But no one is working harder than both sides internally and externally so Leonard feels confident (or comfortable, forget which he used) back on the court. I think it was also DA who said that with the Spurs in the 3rd seed there’s no rush this time around.

Webber was the one to point out that the Spurs can offer the max. That he wouldn’t put much stock into the stories until July. If Kawhi doesn’t sign then there might be something to it.

Dre_7
02-02-2018, 11:35 AM
DA said with all the rumors and stories about Kawhi over the past couple weeks he asked Buford about it. RC said the relationship was challenging. But no one is working harder than both sides internally and externally so Leonard feels confident (or comfortable, forget which he used) back on the court. I think it was also DA who said that with the Spurs in the 3rd seed there’s no rush this time around.

Webber was the one to point out that the Spurs can offer the max. That he wouldn’t put much stock into the stories until July. If Kawhi doesn’t sign then there might be something to it.

Which is why I think DA meant rehab. Because the rest of that quote is about Kawhi's health.

Chinook
02-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Any relationship with socially-awkward RC Buford will no doubt be challenging.

RC also seemed to find calling a cab challenging, so it's hard to gauge how bad it really is even if DA quoted him faithfully

Dre_7
02-02-2018, 11:40 AM
RC also seemed to find calling a cab challenging, so it's hard to gauge how bad it really is even if DA quoted him faithfully

And, I would argue, the most important relationship is between Pop and Kawhi. If there are any issues, that is the relationship that is going to be most important in smoothing out those issues.

SAGirl
02-02-2018, 11:43 AM

That goes with what Woj reported that the injury had a chilling effect on the relationship.

That injury has been the real deal (and Spurstalk still trolling about Pop being the one holding Kawhi out just bc, they got to complain about anyone but Kiwi’s injuries).

TheDoctor
02-02-2018, 11:50 AM
:wow

https://m.popkey.co/0fe631/M50kL.gif

cd98
02-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Spurs aren't going to air their dirty laundry to the media. That's especially true of RC. I doubt he gave any indication that the Spurs were concerned about Kawhi's future. They keep their cards close to the vest and acting like there is a bad relationship and that Kawhi wants out only hurts the Spurs and Kawhi's trade value.

TheGreatYacht
02-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Drunkford is never going to live that down :lol

Keepin' it real
02-02-2018, 02:51 PM
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-800wi-jpeg.9475/

SAGirl
02-02-2018, 03:39 PM
OK...I Listened to David Aldridge in the telecast. Amused is correct. David Aldridge clearly state the relationship is currently challenging.

It doesn't sound good to me. It's already many media sources reporting this. It is legit between WoJ and DA... there is definitely some discord there. Just got to hope Kawhi gets healthy and they can put this behind them.

BillMc
02-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Wish Kawhi would actually say anything publicly. Enough of RC, the talking media heads and Satanic Uncle Willy.

spurraider21
02-02-2018, 03:43 PM
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-800wi-jpeg.9475/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Nd6LU4ImQ

K...
02-02-2018, 03:51 PM
I don't know who would have a good relationship with a guy who can't even wipe his own ass yet. Give RC a break

Proxy
02-02-2018, 03:54 PM
It'd be shitty of Kawhi if this is true... after Pop stuck his neck out after the Zaza shit last year. Never seen a coach go that far publicly for their player. After campaigning for his deserving the MVP all year too.

rjv
02-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Just finished browsing the whole thread. I can't believe it's gone 5 pages without anyone posting the full quote from R.C. or the video for context. it's the ST way: more important what we say (or think) than what actually was said (or thought)

sasaint
02-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Wish Kawhi would actually say anything publicly. Enough of RC, the talking media heads and Satanic Uncle Willy.

My sauces tell me that is actually his vocal cords that are injured.

dbreiden83080
02-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Kawhi wants out of this dumpster fire...don't blame him tbh...

He is in no position to be complaining about anything. He hasn’t played all year. It’s not like he is putting up MVP numbers like last year. Who is giving up anything of real value for him? He could be hurt all year again next year.

dbreiden83080
02-02-2018, 04:10 PM
I blame pop mostly, but It is tough to have a relationship with someone who has aspergers

Pop had an amazing relationship and was a father figure to the big three and also had a great relationship with David. He is not the problem. This guy has not played all year long. What exactly is his main complaint? The front office. You’re not even playing.

apalisoc_9
02-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Pop had an amazing relationship and was a father figure to the big three and also had a great relationship with David. He is not the problem. This guy has not played all year long. What exactly is his main complaint? The front office. You’re not even playing.

Look at this fluffer.

Superstars make this league. The Spurs is going to be an irrelevant shithole once kawhi is gone.

You wanna be relevant, feed the superstar.

Superstars make this league. They're the reason why other scrubs make millions.

bklynspursfan
02-02-2018, 04:13 PM

+1

I also don't know if I believe these rumors. I think DA misspoke a bit with his quote, but whatever. I think Kawhi is frustrated about the mishandling of his injury, but idk it has anything to do with PATFO.

hater
02-02-2018, 04:14 PM
So because Pop has had 3 HOF yes men he would never be the problem??

dbreiden83080
02-02-2018, 04:16 PM

He has no real trade value right now at all. Most players out this long a period of time would have already had some kind of surgery. They just keep saying that his leg is not healthy enough to play. That shit is pretty vague.

dbreiden83080
02-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Look at this fluffer.

Superstars make this league. The Spurs is going to be an irrelevant shithole once kawhi is gone.

You wanna be relevant, feed the superstar.

Superstars make this league. They're the reason why other scrubs make millions.

Superstars play

He hasn’t..

SupremeGuy
02-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Wish Kawhi would actually say anything publicly. Enough of RC, the talking media heads and Satanic Uncle Willy.Who's the chick in your sig?

weeks
02-02-2018, 04:55 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2uh8f4p.jpg

DJR210
02-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Kawhi and Lebron on the way to GSW

TD 21
02-02-2018, 05:35 PM

Yeah, but he's used to being on a legit contender, has seen them go from the 2nd best team in the league to where another team has clearly passed them and a bunch more are at least in their class. He'll also be 27 this year and has had issues staying healthy.

They're also the only team with a player of his magnitude that seems uninterested in improving at all costs. It seems like they've basically decided they'll chase superstars or at least potential ones, that they have virtually no chance of trading for or signing, but outside of that, will default to attempting to maintain as much of their precious culture / "system" as possible.

Snaq O'Meal
02-02-2018, 06:54 PM
It'd be shitty of Kawhi if this is true... after Pop stuck his neck out after the Zaza shit last year.

That was the least Poop could do for Kawhi after constructing a soft roster without an enforcer.

BillMc
02-02-2018, 07:00 PM
My sauces tell me that is actually his vocal cords that are injured.
:lol

BillMc
02-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Who's the chick in your sig?

Maria Doroshina

https://i.imgur.com/59nt3CD.jpg

weeks
02-02-2018, 07:05 PM
right click > save as

BillMc
02-02-2018, 07:08 PM
right click > save as
:toast

TheDoctor
02-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Maria Doroshina

Nice pinguin :tu

SupremeGuy
02-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Maria Doroshina

https://i.imgur.com/59nt3CD.jpgThanks.

Snaq O'Meal
02-02-2018, 08:38 PM

Kawhi is doing the right thing by maintaining his silence instead of fanning rumors with public statements. If he was truly disappointed with the poor roster construction, issuing a denial now will only hurt his integrity when the truth eventually gets out.

benefactor
02-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Maria Doroshina

Still more a man than OP

tholdren
02-02-2018, 09:20 PM
It'd be shitty of Kawhi if this is true... after Pop stuck his neck out after the Zaza shit last year. Never seen a coach go that far publicly for their player. After campaigning for his deserving the MVP all year too.

Maybe pop did that bc kl has no marbles. Just like he babied lamarsha

dbreiden83080
02-02-2018, 10:43 PM
+1

I also don't know if I believe these rumors. I think DA misspoke a bit with his quote, but whatever. I think Kawhi is frustrated about the mishandling of his injury, but idk it has anything to do with PATFO.

The conversation with this entire situation seems to have switched to mishandling of the injury. I don’t understand what exactly that is about? If this was a situation where he needed surgery, he would have had the surgery a long time ago. This is what is so scary and frustrating about his situation. Normally when an athlete is injured, the diagnosis and recovery of the injury is very clear. They need surgery or they don’t. The recovery time is pretty set. For him, we don’t know what the hell is going on? He has been rehabbing this quad issue since the summer. And he still can’t play.

exstatic
02-02-2018, 10:48 PM
The conversation with this entire situation seems to have switched to mishandling of the injury. I don’t understand what exactly that is about? If this was a situation where he needed surgery, he would have had the surgery a long time ago. This is what is so scary and frustrating about his situation. Normally when an athlete is injured, the diagnosis and recovery of the injury is very clear. They need surgery or they don’t. The recovery time is pretty set. For him, we don’t know what the hell is going on? He has been rehabbing this quad issue since the summer. And he still can’t play.
I’ve read several interviews, and what PATFO seems to be dancing around is that this is a not uncommon issue with players, and you have to play through the pain, but Kawhi is scurred. They’ve said before that nothing appears on any imaging.

Challenging, indeed.

dbreiden83080
02-02-2018, 10:51 PM
I’ve read several interviews, and what PATFO seems to be dancing around is that this is a not uncommon issue with players, and you have to play through the pain, but Kawhi is scurred. They’ve said before that nothing appears on any imaging.

Challenging, indeed.

We don’t know the extent of the pain he is in, and if the pain becomes chronic it is obviously something that will shorten or end his career. Nobody really knows what is going on?

Ice009
02-02-2018, 10:55 PM

Challenging, indeed.

Yeah, I was asking earlier in the season if he was being a pussy. No-one seems to have looked into that.

There was a report from someone that heard on a radio show where someone close to the Spurs said that they told Kawhi this is pain that high usage NBA vets go through and that he's going to have to learn to play through it. No-one really talked much about that.

I don't know what's going on. Is he being soft and won't play with the tiniest bit of pain, or is the injury very legit and just not healing quickly. I am stumped as to what is going on with him.

Edit: That girl is spectacular. lol.

Stabula
02-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Still more a man than OP

Amuseddaysleeper
02-02-2018, 11:22 PM
OK...I Listened to David Aldridge in the telecast. Amused is correct. David Aldridge clearly state the relationship is currently challenging.

It doesn't sound good to me. It's already many media sources reporting this. It is legit between WoJ and DA... there is definitely some discord there. Just got to hope Kawhi gets healthy and they can put this behind them.

Thanks for backing me up :tu

Russo21
02-03-2018, 03:43 AM
Hopefully the spurs swing for the fences and try to get the best possible player for him before the deadline. Bugger this bloke.

BillMc
02-03-2018, 05:20 AM
Nice pinguin :tu

:toast Yeah, the penguin was the first thing that caught my eye. Apparently, there is a girl somewhere in that photo too...

Snaq O'Meal
02-03-2018, 05:31 AM
Hopefully the spurs swing for the fences and try to get the best possible player for him before the deadline. Bugger this bloke.

Don’t get your hopes up. This is PATFO we’re talking about. Their biggest prime free agent acquisition before LMA was Rasho Nesterovic. And their biggest trade got them a certain Dick Jefferson. Poop was so cock sure about RJ that he said he should be fired if they don’t win the championship.

exstatic
02-03-2018, 07:16 AM
We don’t know the extent of the pain he is in, and if the pain becomes chronic it is obviously something that will shorten or end his career. Nobody really knows what is going on?

Another thing that PATFO said is that he is NOT playing in pain. The onset is like 12-15 hours later, recovery pain.

SupremeGuy
02-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Nice pinguin :tuI hadn't even noticed the penguin. :lol

Ice009
02-03-2018, 08:42 AM
I hadn't even noticed the penguin. :lol

Neither did I.

Russ
02-03-2018, 09:32 AM

Challenging, indeed.

Could it be everyone is afraid to address the elephant in the room?

Maybe it's mental.

Kawhi achieved success that he never thought he'd have and now he's afraid it's going to vanish just as quickly -- the vehicle for such a fall from grace (in Kawhi's mind) is this injury.

Kind of like a mild form of Munchausen syndrome.

blizz
02-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Maybe he’s just a selfish ungrateful POS. Fuck that dude.

BillMc
02-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Could it be everyone is afraid to address the elephant in the room?

Maybe it's mental.

Kawhi achieved success that he never thought he'd have and now he's afraid it's going to vanish just as quickly -- the vehicle for such a fall from grace (in Kawhi's mind) is this injury.

Kind of like a mild form of Munchausen syndrome.

Since, no one can find anything wrong anymore (if that is indeed the situation) you have to wonder if there is a mental aspect to it. That said, Kawhi has to know he's jeopardising both his team's fortunes and a supermax payday. It would either have to hurt really badly or he must be convinced that further action will make the injury worse.

No one knows but Kawhi. And maybe he doesn't know for sure.

BillMc
02-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Kawhi is doing the right thing by maintaining his silence instead of fanning rumors with public statements. If he was truly disappointed with the poor roster construction, issuing a denial now will only hurt his integrity when the truth eventually gets out.

I was saying he could put the rumors to rest by addressing it. His silence only adds to the feeling he doesn't want to do what you say, i.e. say something he doesn't really believe. If he won't address it, then its easy to think there is a reason for his silence.

weeks
02-03-2018, 01:19 PM
I was saying he could put the rumors to rest by addressing it. His silence only adds to the feeling he doesn't want to do what you say, i.e. say something he doesn't really believe. If he won't address it, then its easy to think there is a reason for his silence.
exactly. if there wasn't any substance to these rumors you have to imagine he would speak up.
i think it's more about lighting a fire under PATFO as well as contract gamemanship

BillMc
02-03-2018, 01:33 PM
i think it's more about lighting a fire under PATFO as well as contract gamemanship

I agree.

Ruler
02-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Since, no one can find anything wrong anymore (if that is indeed the situation) you have to wonder if there is a mental aspect to it. That said, Kawhi has to know he's jeopardising both his team's fortunes and a supermax payday. It would either have to hurt really badly or he must be convinced that further action will make the injury worse.

My $0.02 -
It is all mental. The Spurs have a couple of different opinions saying it is all healed. Kawhi feels pain and is SCARED his career is over. He keeps telling them it hurts and exaggerating it, and the Spurs are mad he isn't playing because the docs say it is cleared up. Kawhi is pissed because he doesn't agree. He is going to sit out the season and ask for the suped max, and once that is secured he will start playing. Then he'll get out of his head. Or maybe he does have a really really bad injury and he knows. He's just holding out for the supermax and will never be tbe same again. Would make sense.

Ron Swanson
02-03-2018, 02:25 PM
RC changed his Facebook relationship status to "It's Complicated".

BillMc
02-03-2018, 02:28 PM
RC changed his Facebook relationship status to "It's Complicated".
:lmao

UZER
02-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Kawhi is in his own head. With his uncertainty, he doesn't want to jeopardize the supermax, so he's gonna sit to prevent exposing himself as damaged goods.

offset formation
02-03-2018, 02:46 PM

You mean the widely recognized NBA gold standard?

offset formation
02-03-2018, 02:53 PM

offset formation
02-03-2018, 03:02 PM

If Kawhi wants to play in LA, it's up to him to tell PATFO that. He'd get no points for beating around the bush.

As per usual, Chinook laying down the smack in a reasoned and mature manner.

kaji157
02-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Whoever wants to take patty, Gasol and lauvergne and trade back all playable assets 2 near all star and a role player i am all in for trading this guy away.
We can all agree that he has been a great player so far, but on paper he won an mvp on the big 3's back, sucked and then always have some trouble in the playoffs, matchups, injuries, whatever.
Let's buckle up, upgrade what we have left, and get rid of patty horrible contact.
If we can land LeBron for him great, if not we need pieces right now.
The spurs cannot rebuild from scraps, we need to always be competitive, and the Kawhi drama is dragging us down.

spursistan
02-04-2018, 09:01 AM
You don't say that shit in public. :lol

This is officially amateur hour for our front office. They are close to losing the plot entirely..Now you can see how much Duncan has covered up for this franchise. The more Buford awkward ass gets to speak and address hitherto unexisting dysfunction, the more he sounds like just another mediocrity..

Russ
02-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Kawhi's silence through all this is deafening.

bklynspursfan
02-04-2018, 11:08 AM

This is officially amateur hour for our front office. They are close to losing the plot entirely..Now you can see how much Duncan has covered up for this franchise. The more Buford awkward ass gets to speak and address hitherto unexisting dysfunction, the more he sounds like just another mediocrity..

When did he say it in public? I've yet to see a direct quote. It was misquoted by David Aldridge, unless he got a direct interview with RC which seems unlikely

jermaine
02-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Looking at the team struggling an Kawhi just sitting on the bench, while we not know what's really going on is frustrating. I know we're just fans, but I spend my hard earned money on the Spurs. May it be games, Spurs team pass, Spurs gear, etc. I feel we deserve answers.

DMC
02-04-2018, 12:38 PM
:cry but Kawhi is a leader

DMC
02-04-2018, 12:42 PM

Kawhi strikes me as a guy who doesn't think he needs hundreds of millions, because I cannot see him living a lavish lifestyle because he's an introvert. I'd think his decisions are based on how his game is affected, not necessarily how his financial future is affected. Dude never has to work again, ever. He surely knows this.

UZER
02-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Looking at the team struggling an Kawhi just sitting on the bench, while we not know what's really going on is frustrating. I know we're just fans, but I spend my hard earned money on the Spurs. May it be games, Spurs team pass, Spurs gear, etc. I feel we deserve answers.

I don't care.

:pop:

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-04-2018, 01:49 PM
He has stated he wants to be the best player in the world and win more championships.

His front office is handing out 50 million dollar thank you for your service deals to guys who can't play against the primary competition in the west and his coach is lecturing the players on civil rights in the film room instead of focusing on improving the on court product. What did Manu say the other day? "We have so much to work on". But Pop thinks lecturing a bunch of 1%ers on social justice is going to help them get past the Warriors and Rockets.

Can you blame him? The kid is a gym rat and singularly focused on being the best.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 01:52 PM

There was never really any dysfunction because of Tim TBH. Tim was always the ultimate team player, and big brother in that locker room. Sacrificing his game for years to make it work, bring in other players, and win rings. Yes we are seeing more issues internally now that the ultimate team franchise player has called it a career. Last year masked some issues because Leonard was so good. Now we see them..

SupremeGuy
02-04-2018, 02:04 PM
He has stated he wants to be the best player in the world and win more championships.

His front office is handing out 50 million dollar thank you for your service deals to guys who can't play against the primary competition in the west and his coach is lecturing the players on civil rights in the film room instead of focusing on improving the on court product. What did Manu say the other day? "We have so much to work on". But Pop thinks lecturing a bunch of 1%ers on social justice is going to help them get past the Warriors and Rockets.

Can you blame him? The kid is a gym rat and singularly focused on being the best.There's a lot of truth to this...

Atl Spur
02-04-2018, 02:10 PM
There's a lot of truth to this...

Please stop talking....... you're not very bright!

Atl Spur
02-04-2018, 02:13 PM

Can you blame him? The kid is a gym rat and singularly focused on being the best.

I hope that you aren’t leading anything....... anything!! Oh let me guess, you’re trolling or just dense?

SupremeGuy
02-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Please stop talking....... you're not very bright!No, you.

UZER
02-04-2018, 02:56 PM
There was never really any dysfunction because of Tim TBH. Tim was always the ultimate team player, and big brother in that locker room. Sacrificing his game for years to make it work, bring in other players, and win rings. Yes we are seeing more issues internally now that the ultimate team franchise player has called it a career. Last year masked some issues because Leonard was so good. Now we see them..

Tim had his prime years as alpha dog, then backed his game off later. But he he got his. The real sacrificing didn't come until later.

Kawhi is a late bloomer and was just coming into the second year of his prime. But he's already being asked to sacrifice his game, score in the low 20s, and have his minutes micromanaged. He hasn't gotten his yet. And I don't mean that in the selfish way. I mean that as in being top dog with freedom to go out on the court to truly go head to head against the best, put up big numbers consistently, and not have legs continously cut from under you because the coach doesn't want you to get a big head.

Curry got his. Durant got his. Westbrook got his. Harden got his. On and on. These guys have had there chance to fully spread their wings and as superstars, and not be over managed to death for the sake of someone being in absolute control. Kawhi still wants that chance.

I think the injury frustration is making him realize it can also be gone in an instant, but he's still trapped under Pops thumb.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Tim had his prime years as alpha dog, then backed his game off later. But he he got his. The real sacrificing didn't come until later.

By 2005 Tim was 29 and already sacrificing for Tony and Manu, so don't try and downplay that at all.. Tim was the best team player and mate probably in NBA history.. KL does not really have to sacrifice much. He needs to get his ass on the court already and do something. Other than nursing a leg injury that does not need surgery..

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Curry got his. Durant got his. Westbrook got his. Harden got his. On and on. These guys have had there chance to fully spread their wings and as superstars, and not be over managed to death for the sake of someone being in absolute control. Kawhi still wants that chance.

I think the injury frustration is making him realize it can also be gone in an instant, but he's still trapped under Pops thumb.

Did you watch last season? He put up 26 a game and was top 3 MVP candidate. He got his time and shot.. Now he is hurt and only he can end this shit.. Pop has done nothing wrong with him. He is refusing to play.

UZER
02-04-2018, 03:06 PM
By 2005 Tim was 29 and already sacrificing for Tony and Manu, so don't try and downplay that at all.. Tim was the best team player and mate probably in NBA history.. KL does not really have to sacrifice much. He needs to get his ass on the court already and do something. Other than nursing a leg injury that does not need surgery..

Dude, I just said Kawhi is a late bloomer. Tim had already been the top dog on the team since he came in his rookie season in '97-'98. Using your 2005 year, that's 8 years as the alpha. He was ready to share the load. Kawhi hasnt really had chance yet.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Dude, I just said Kawhi is a late bloomer. Tim had already been the top dog on the team since he came in his rookie season in '97-'98. Using your 2005 year, that's 8 years as the alpha. He was ready to share the load. Kawhi hasnt really had chance yet.

Again did you watch last season? Was he not the Alpha and top dog? Was he not top 3 MVP? And how does that relate to the current problem? He won't play?

UZER
02-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Again did you watch last season? Was he not the Alpha and top dog? Was he not top 3 MVP? And how does that relate to the current problem? He won't play?

That's only one year. And he could've easily averaged more if given 2-4 more minutes a game. Maybe he would've been MVP if given the chance to average more pts per game instead of finishing a 3rd in the voting. Maybe he feels like Pop cost him that real chance last year and now he's hurt.

I'm just saying the injury is bringing all these things out because of overall frustration from all angles. It's like having a fight with your wife, then other non related shit that you've been holding starts coming out.

SPURt
02-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Kawhi's silence through all this is deafening.
He might not have said anything but he drew this when pressed about Pop, RC, and LMA:
http://beachunitedchurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/childs-drawing.jpg

I’m not worried at all.

spurs10
02-04-2018, 03:29 PM
It’s challenging for everyone, let’s not forget the fans. When we have won so much the past 20 years it’s hard to watch the team struggle like this. I read our defensive rating in these last three home losses is the worst in the league. Watching last night’s shellacking by Teen Wolf and company was the absolute worst way to go into the tough RRT we are facing. Our below .500 road record isn’t going anywhere.

To me the hardest thing is not having a clue if Kawhi is coming back at all. I wish we received updates. If the doctors and trainers don’t have any idea and he’s still in pain....it’s going to be a long summer.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 03:30 PM
That's only one year. And he could've easily averaged more if given 2-4 more minutes a game. Maybe he would've been MVP if given the chance to average more pts per game instead of finishing a 3rd in the voting. Maybe he feels like Pop cost him that real chance last year and now he's hurt.

I'm just saying the injury is bringing all these things out because of overall frustration from all angles. It's like having a fight with your wife, then other non related shit that you've been holding starts coming out.

It is not Pop's fault that he is injured. Pop managed his minutes and he came into training camp injured. Pop made sure his ankle was not further damaged in the playoffs last year and he came into camp injured. 2-4 minutes a game more and he might not have made it to the end of last reg season. He can't or won't play. Why anyone would blame Pop for KL not playing this year is not only a mystery it is basically trolling. Leonard is refusing to play. He keeps telling the Spurs he is hurt. His toughness is being questioned.. The team is floundering and he is sitting it out..

UZER
02-04-2018, 03:48 PM
It is not Pop's fault that he is injured. Pop managed his minutes and he came into training camp injured. Pop made sure his ankle was not further damaged in the playoffs last year and he came into camp injured. 2-4 minutes a game more and he might not have made it to the end of last reg season. He can't or won't play. Why anyone would blame Pop for KL not playing this year is not only a mystery it is basically trolling. Leonard is refusing to play. He keeps telling the Spurs he is hurt. His toughness is being questioned.. The team is floundering and he is sitting it out..

I have never said Kawhi shouldn't be playing. I'm not blaming Pop for Kawhi not paying. I'm simply saying the overall situation is bringing out frustration from all aspects. Now Kawhis supermax is in jeopardy, and in his head, he doesn't have an MVP to bring to the bargaining table because his coach micromanages him.

I think Kawhi should give it a go. But I've mentioned before that now this injury may expose him as damaged goods in a supermax year, so he's reluctant to rush back and screw that up.

Snaq O'Meal
02-04-2018, 03:48 PM
He might not have said anything but he drew this when pressed about Pop, RC, and LMA:
http://beachunitedchurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/childs-drawing.jpg

I’m not worried at all.

Pride colours? So, Kawhi thinks they’re faggots now?

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 03:54 PM
I have never said Kawhi shouldn't be playing. I'm not blaming Pop for Kawhi not paying. I'm simply saying the overall situation is bringing out frustration from all aspects. Now Kawhis supermax is in jeopardy, and in his head, he doesn't have an MVP to bring to the bargaining table because his coach micromanages him.

I think Kawhi should give it a go. But I've mentioned before that now this injury may expose him as damaged goods in a supermax year, so he's reluctant to rush back and screw that up.

The Spurs culture has always been praised and rightfully so. This guy has had it made TBH. Learning from a legend in Tim on the court, and other HOF players in Tony and Manu. He won a title and finals MVP very young, largely because Pop pushed him to do more in the Finals. SA has been good to him. Pop has been good to him. His health is the only concern right now. Who knows if he plays this year?

Darius Bieber
02-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Could Kawhi be faking this injury as a sort of "strike" against Pop and the management team? Thus causing him to be traded where he really wants to play? Because if medical professionals have evaluated him again and again and declared him fit, there's gotta be something going on..

spurs10
02-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Could Kawhi be faking this injury as a sort of "strike" against Pop and the management team? Thus causing him to be traded where he really wants to play? Because if medical professionals have evaluated him again and again and declared him fit, there's gotta be something going on.. Who knows what to believe. Last time he came back he started experience the same pain as before. I’ve been just thinking he and the team are being extra cautious, but there has been no communication...so who knows. If he was expected to come back after the ASB I’d have thought they’d have something like they have with Rudy.

weeks
02-04-2018, 04:18 PM
this team only exists because of the fans, tbh.
PATFO owes us some answers

UZER
02-04-2018, 04:22 PM

Pop says fans should ask for their money back, while at the same time consistently sitting players for nationally televised games and screwing over major sponsors.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 04:45 PM

Answers about what? The mysterious ways Leonard's quad works..

spurs10
02-04-2018, 05:25 PM
PATFO owes us some answers I guess they don’t have any answers and that’s what is concerning. At this point speculation would be nice. Something other than ‘crickets!’ :wow

TD 21
02-04-2018, 06:06 PM
I'm amazed at how little attention and coverage this saga has received. I know Pop predictably scoffed at it when news broke of the discord a few weeks ago, but there's been little response from Buford and somehow none directly from Leonard or anyone in the media.

The lack of follow up is mind boggling. They're all so damn focused on Cavaliers' mess, that apparently the most stable, successful, drama free organization in sports the past 2 decades, having internal strife with their superstar and top 3 player in the league, isn't a gargantuan story? Bizarre.

SPURt
02-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Pride colours? So, Kawhi thinks they’re faggots now?
He said they were gay but meant it in the “happy” way not the man on man penis in butt then in mouth then back in butt then fist in mouth then fist in butt then fist to hand job while penis in butt back to mouth with foot in butt followed by “little person” (pc cuz Pop is there) water gunning body paint on all of them soon followed by Pop wine shitting on the whole group just before simultaneous ejaculation washed down with pee and the tears of Kawhi’s childhood left behind at a car wash.

SAGirl
02-04-2018, 06:22 PM
When did he say it in public? I've yet to see a direct quote. It was misquoted by David Aldridge, unless he got a direct interview with RC which seems unlikely
It was not misquoted by David Aldridge... he said what he said in a national telecast. He interviewed RC and that was his report. David Aldridge is not an amateur, he's a pro.. and his statement was not retracted, nor was it denied by RC.

If you want to live in denial... that is you.

spurs10
02-04-2018, 06:28 PM
I'm amazed at how little attention and coverage this saga has received. I know Pop predictably scoffed at it when news broke of the discord a few weeks ago, but there's been little response from Buford and somehow none directly from Leonard or anyone in the media.

The lack of follow up is mind boggling. They're all so damn focused on Cavaliers' mess, that apparently the most stable, successful, drama free organization in sports the past 2 decades, having internal strife with their superstar and top 3 player in the league, isn't a gargantuan story? Bizarre.

Maybe there is nothing going on other than everyone is in the dark about his injury. There is only several hundred millions of dollars at stake. It’s hard to imagine Kawhi isn’t anxious to prove he’s worth th3 max, which he is when healthy.

Well it’s Super Bowl time! Go Spurs!

spurs10
02-04-2018, 06:35 PM
It was not misquoted by David Aldridge... he said what he said in a national telecast. He interviewed RC and that was his report. David Aldridge is not an amateur, he's a pro.. and his statement was not retracted, nor was it denied by RC.

If you want to live in denial... that is you. There’s also been several people, including DA I believe, saying he wanted to leave only for it to be rebuked by RC and Kawhi’s uncle/manager. I don’t deny he said anything, but the interpretation could vary depending on the context. One thing for sure is it’s “challenging” for me as a fan!

bklynspursfan
02-04-2018, 07:14 PM

If you want to live in denial... that is you.

So pros don't make mistakes?

RC came out and denied the initial Woj report, so what does that mean? Maybe it means he said his piece and isn't speaking more on it?

We saw a direct quote from RC after that Woj report. Excuse me for not believing something without seeing / hearing from the horses mouth.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 07:28 PM

It's not a big story because he isn't playing. And Leonard is like a robot he doesn't speak.. But mostly he is not playing. What is there to discuss?