PDA

View Full Version : Official 2018-2019 Dallas Cowboys Thread

Pages : [1] 2

DJR210
08-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Where's my Cowboys brethren @? Sign in, you've been quiet as hell..

Was just looking at the defensive line depth, and god damn.. It's gonna create some problems for opposing O-lines when you can rotate fresh defenders like that, all looking like they can contribute..

1. D-Law - franchise tagged, contract season.. 14.5 sacks last year.

2. Datone Jones - Former 1st rounder, could be a bounce back season

3. Randy Gregory - already causing problems for All-pro Tyron Smith in camp.. Has been credited w/ at least 4 would be sacks in camp. Question is.. can he put the blunt down?

4. Maliek Collins - solid, and still improving

5. Jihad Ward - fuck 'em he's a piece of shit. Hope he's cut

6. Taco Charlton - looks stronger and had some decent moves in the pre-season thus far.. poised for a breakout season

7. Charles Tapper - I haven't seen it, but see a lot of scouts saying he's got the talent.. when healthy.

8. Dorance Armstrong - Our best performing rookie pick so far.. Broaddus loves him

9. Tyrone Crawford - Hasn't lived up to his contract extension.. could be a dark horse

10. Kony Ealy - probably doesn't make the team.. but solid depth if so

11. David Irving - fucking beast.. Question is.. can he put the blunt down? He say's he won't let weed cost him his ability to feed his family, so hope so. Jerry is very patient with potheads, so hoping he get's it together and earns another contract.

SpursforSix
08-22-2018, 01:33 PM
checking in.

Not sure what to expect. If they can protect Dak, I think they'll be better than people think.

spurraider21
08-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Where's my Cowboys brethren @? Sign in, you've been quiet as hell..

Was just looking at the defensive line depth, and god damn.. It's gonna create some problems for opposing O-lines when you can rotate fresh defenders like that, all looking like they can contribute..

1. D-Law - franchise tagged, contract season.. 14.5 sacks last year.

2. Datone Jones - Former 1st rounder, could be a bounce back season

3. Randy Gregory - already causing problems for All-pro Tyron Smith in camp.. Has been credited w/ at least 4 would be sacks in camp. Question is.. can he put the blunt down?

4. Maliek Collins - solid, and still improving

5. Jihad Ward -Jury is still out for me.. don't know much about him, but he's a former second rounder and my Raiders fan homie says he's decent

6. Taco Charlton - looks stronger and had some decent moves in the pre-season thus far.. poised for a breakout season

7. Charles Tapper - I haven't seen it, but see a lot of scouts saying he's got the talent.. when healthy.

8. Dorance Armstrong - Our best performing rookie pick so far.. Broaddus loves him

9. Tyrone Crawford - Hasn't lived up to his contract extension.. could be a dark horse

10. Kony Ealy - probably doesn't make the team.. but solid depth if so

11. David Irving - fucking beast.. Question is.. can he put the blunt down? He say's he won't let weed cost him his ability to feed his family, so hope so. Jerry is very patient with potheads, so hoping he get's it together and earns another contract.
well I know you're not talkin about me :lol... cause i haven't said a good thing about him

DJR210
08-22-2018, 01:52 PM
well I know you're not talkin about me :lol... cause i haven't said a good thing about him

Don't worry, I said "homie"..

But anyways, if you say he's garbage I'll take your word for it. Ryan Switzer might actually be a decent pickup for y'all, he just didn't excel at KR duties and Cole Beasley is already on the team.

DJR210
08-22-2018, 01:54 PM
checking in.

Not sure what to expect. If they can protect Dak, I think they'll be better than people think.

Agreed. This may be harder than it seems though as they have Frederick and Martin currently dealing w/ issues, and I expect Smith to continue to have back issues.

spurraider21
08-22-2018, 01:57 PM
Don't worry, I said "homie"..

But anyways, if you say he's garbage I'll take your word for it. Ryan Switzer might actually be a decent pickup for y'all, he just didn't excel at KR duties and Cole Beasley is already on the team.
Switzer is fighting for a roster spot with Griff Whalen. both are small slot/return guys.

Ward just gave us nothing... and he wasn't really an exciting prospect coming out in the first place. Not productive, not particularly athletic. The coaching staff just saw some traits they liked and thought they could turn him into a player. Which is why it made no sense to take him so damn high (second round pick). They wanted him to be a 3-tec but he just never had suddenness or moves to make it work. Switzer wasn't much to give up, but I'd be shocked at him being on a roster tbh. He only made the raiders team for 2 years because of his draft status

DJR210
08-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Switzer is fighting for a roster spot with Griff Whalen. both are small slot/return guys.

Ward just gave us nothing... and he wasn't really an exciting prospect coming out in the first place. Not productive, not particularly athletic. The coaching staff just saw some traits they liked and thought they could turn him into a player. Which is why it made no sense to take him so damn high (second round pick). They wanted him to be a 3-tec but he just never had suddenness or moves to make it work. Switzer wasn't much to give up, but I'd be shocked at him being on a roster tbh. He only made the raiders team for 2 years because of his draft status

Original Post Edited

spurraider21
08-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Original Post Edited
:lol

Avante
08-22-2018, 08:28 PM
at Carolina...L
NYG...W
at Sea...W
Detroit...W
at Houston...L
Jacksonville...L/W?
at Wash..W

bye...ok 4-3

Tenn..W
at Philly..L
at Atlanta...L
Wash...W
New Orleans...W/L?
Philly...L
at Indy...W
TB...W
at NYG...L

So, 9-7, 8-8.

clambake
08-23-2018, 09:31 AM
the o-line is in trouble. frederick likely out for the year.

leemajors
08-23-2018, 10:52 AM
the o-line is in trouble. frederick likely out for the year.

Not sure about that, they caught it early and he is getting treatment. could be out a few weeks or a few months. mark schlereth had the same thing in the early 90s, it affected him for almost two years but he was already losing strength/feeling in his legs. As soon as the tissue covering the nerves grows back he should be good to go.

DJR210
08-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Not sure about that, they caught it early and he is getting treatment. could be out a few weeks or a few months. mark schlereth had the same thing in the early 90s, it affected him for almost two years but he was already losing strength/feeling in his legs. As soon as the tissue covering the nerves grows back he should be good to go.

Hope so, dude has never missed a game.

DJR210
09-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Pretty expected list of cuts.. Only surprise was Bailey.. maybe Bo Scarbrough. Bailey seems like one of those typical Dallas headscratchers that will haunt them all season.

manufan10
09-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Checking in...

I was surprised by the Bailey cut. I didn't think it was even a competition. I wonder if they were clearing up space for a bigger player.

manufan10
09-01-2018, 08:22 PM
at Carolina...L
NYG...W
at Sea...W
Detroit...W
at Houston...L
Jacksonville...L/W?
at Wash..W

bye...ok 4-3

Tenn..W
at Philly..L
at Atlanta...L
Wash...W
New Orleans...W/L?
Philly...L
at Indy...W
TB...W
at NYG...L

So, 9-7, 8-8.

at Carolina...L
NYG...W
at Sea...W
Detroit...W
at Houston...L
Jacksonville...L
at Wash..W

bye... 4-3

Tenn..W
at Philly..L
at Atlanta...L/W?
Wash...W
New Orleans...W
Philly...W
at Indy...W
TB...W
at NYG...L

10-6 or 11-5, imo.

BackHome
09-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Letting Bailey go and keeping a kicker who has never kicked a field goal in a NFL game is just plain stupid. I guess with Fredrick down they decided to just do a Mavs and tank for high draft picks.

SuperCam
09-02-2018, 12:31 PM
can't wait for Cam to tear up that fagboys ass next week. last time both teams met...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2018_08/luke6.0.gif.5d2f0c796bd8088712e339419541da87.gif

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2018_08/camdances.0.gif.b353895d38bdb3acbe12aa21b236a6ad.g if

:hat

DJR210
09-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Useless trade for both teams with the Switzer/Ward swap in the end..

and :lol @ Oakland swooping in to sign UTSA's own Brian Price that fast.. he was claimed off waivers so fast that certain news outlets actually published stories saying Dallas had already re-signed him as they intended to do.

Letting Bailey go and keeping a kicker who has never kicked a field goal in a NFL game is just plain stupid. I guess with Fredrick down they decided to just do a Mavs and tank for high draft picks.

I think they're more concerned with Bailey's accuracy at 45+.. Apparently Maher has a pretty strong leg and Dallas figures they have K scouting down with the finds of Nick Folk and Bailey.

*Edit - Wasn't aware that Maher nailed a 57 yarder in the last game, I didn't watch it. There you go..

DJR210
09-03-2018, 09:33 PM
can't wait for Cam to tear up that fagboys ass next week. last time both teams met...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2018_08/luke6.0.gif.5d2f0c796bd8088712e339419541da87.gif

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2018_08/camdances.0.gif.b353895d38bdb3acbe12aa21b236a6ad.g if

Sure.. You guys came in and kicked our ass while being ran by Matt fucking Cassell ffs.. But what happened in the previous 5 matchups? :lol

9-4 all time vs CAR :tu

10-4 come Sunday evening.

Killakobe81
09-05-2018, 04:04 AM
at Carolina...L
NYG...W
at Sea...W
Detroit...W
at Houston...L
Jacksonville...L
at Wash..W

bye... 4-3

Tenn..W
at Philly..L
at Atlanta...L/W?
Wash...W
New Orleans...W
Philly...W
at Indy...W
TB...W
at NYG...L

10-6 or 11-5, imo.

Smells like 8-8

Killakobe81
09-05-2018, 04:06 AM

You my friend, are gay...sounds like some Broke back mountain type shit tbh

DJR210
09-09-2018, 07:54 PM
:lol Cowboys
:lol Maher
:lol Dik Prescock
:lol heavy usage of Austin and Thompson
:lol gadget plays
:lol tough time tackling a kicker
:lol Tyron looking slow

spurraider21
09-09-2018, 07:56 PM
i guess i just never understood why anybody expected improvement from last year... did you really think hurns/gallup were going to move the needle? i guess a healthy sean lee and adding vander esh gives the defense some more to work with, but their offense was always going to be way too zeke reliant and predictable.

DJR210
09-09-2018, 08:01 PM
i guess i just never understood why anybody expected improvement from last year... did you really think hurns/gallup were going to move the needle? i guess a healthy sean lee and adding vander esh gives the defense some more to work with, but their offense was always going to be way too zeke reliant and predictable.

Addition by subtraction was and still is my thought, it's only one having skipped preseason basically. But if they don't respond in a big way you already know it will be one of those years again. Either way though..

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/75/45/00/16142376/3/1024x1024.jpg

Mark Celibate
09-09-2018, 08:08 PM

I never saw more than six wins out of this bunch. You have a QB who’s regressing by the week, takes no shots down field, no explosive players, and a coach who has proven time and time again he can’t make adjustments nor can he coach worth a damn without a surplus of Pro Bowl level players. What else was anybody expecting? This game should not have been a surprise.

defense looks above average, but it’s anchored by injury prone guys and guys who can’t stay away from weed/PEDs so you know it’s only a matter of time before they lose a key player or two in the front seven. Put it all together and you have a pretty uninspiring ball club

leemajors
09-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Addition by subtraction was and still is my thought, it's only one having skipped preseason basically. But if they don't respond in a big way you already know it will be one of those years again. Either way though..

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/75/45/00/16142376/3/1024x1024.jpg

Linehan is awful. Moore has no place on an NFL team in any capacity (especially as a qb coach), and not having Frederick just sucks. Garrett has to have something on Jerry.

Trainwreck2100
09-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Gonna be a fantastic year, I finally get why they waived Dez though.
You don't need a QB that can throw 15+ yards if you ain't got any receivers.

spurraider21
09-09-2018, 08:19 PM
I never saw more than six wins out of this bunch. You have a QB who’s regressing by the week, takes no shots down field, no explosive players, and a coach who has proven time and time again he can’t make adjustments nor can he coach worth a damn without a surplus of Pro Bowl level players. What else was anybody expecting? This game should not have been a surprise.

defense looks above average, but it’s anchored by injury prone guys and guys who can’t stay away from weed/PEDs so you know it’s only a matter of time before they lose a key player or two in the front seven. Put it all together and you have a pretty uninspiring ball club
i dont know that he's regressing per se. i think he's about as good as his supporting cast is, and its the cast that's regressing. he's kinda like matt ryan, will look good with good receivers, will look bad on a bad team

leemajors
09-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Frederick being out really hurt. Especially with Smith, Collins and Williams playing like dogshit too. Dak only made decent throws when they hurried up, which they didn't do nearly enough of. Just a shit game plan and an unprepared team, especially on offense.

DJR210
09-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Moore has no place on an NFL team in any capacity (especially as a qb coach), and not having Frederick just sucks. Garrett has to have something on Jerry.

How does the guy that lost the QB battle now coach the guy that beat him for the job? And how the fuck does Aikman say "Dak is happy to have Moore as his coach" - what the fuck?? It's a team full of yes men again, led by a fucking pushover of a coach.. this entire coaching staff needs to go IMO.

DJR210
09-09-2018, 08:52 PM
i dont know that he's regressing per se

He's definitely regressing. Dak may not have taken many shots downfield his first season, but those medium passes all season were accurate. He threw like absolute shit today, and his 19/29 is misleading as hell.. Easy throws he blew. You can tell the offense struggling is starting to hit his confidence too.

Avante
09-09-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm against young players who never won anything doing tv commercials. RGIII, Beckham, Luck, Dax, etc. That should be the Peytons, Rodgers, Brees, etc.

Can a young guy like Prescott handle stardom?

Millennial_Messiah
09-09-2018, 09:31 PM
I'm against young players who never won anything doing tv commercials. RGIII, Beckham, Luck, Dax, etc. That should be the Peytons, Rodgers, Brees, etc.

As bad as missing their all pro Center is. That rookie left guard is atrocious, tbh. Dak had no time in the pocket and he has very little in the way of weapons.

leemajors
09-09-2018, 09:40 PM
As bad as missing their all pro Center is. That rookie left guard is atrocious, tbh. Dak had no time in the pocket and he has very little in the way of weapons.

Collins wasn’t much better. Smith had two costly penalties too.

pgardn
09-09-2018, 10:48 PM

Damn it the commercials!
Its yet another Avante insight on handicapping games.
Genius...

FrostKing
09-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Saw a commercial bout a guy having sticky hands and getting the mail/taking out trash. Never heard of him.

Avante
09-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Damn it the commercials!
Its yet another Avante insight on handicapping games.
Genius...

"SPOTS"....ya look for "SPOTS" where one team has all the advantages in that "SPOT" from a ATS perspective.

A...totally sucks coming off a bye on the road, in that "SPOT"....3=27 ATS last 30.

B....is a solid 22-8 ATS at home heading into a bye week.

So, that is a 49-11 trend favoring B.

See how it goes? TONS of similiar "SPOTS", it's your job as a serious player to find the best three "SPOTS" for the week.

Avante
09-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Saw a commercial bout a guy having sticky hands and getting the mail/taking out trash. Never heard of him.

He also has no business doing commercials. That should be for the GIGANTIC ELITE.

Spurs Homer
09-09-2018, 11:29 PM
How many years of .500 ball will it take for this stupid owner to realize that Jason Garrett has always been and will always be nothing but a .500 percentage - win coach?

Its already - what - 8 years of .500 ball?
So give him 5 more years of .500 win seasons?
:bang

DJR210
09-10-2018, 01:53 AM

Williams is undersized and vulnerable to the bull rush.. Tyron looks a step slower.. On the other side you have La'el Collins who still can't excel no matter where they put him on the line. We need Frederick back in a hurry.

How many years of .500 ball will it take for this stupid owner to realize that Jason Garrett has always been and will always be nothing but a .500 percentage - win coach?

Its already - what - 8 years of .500 ball?
So give him 5 more years of .500 win seasons?
:bang

He's on a god damn lifetime contract

Killakobe81
09-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Let me get the following off my chest, I know it's only 1 game but I saw and said the same last year, after our ugly week one win vs Giants

again Just one game, but here are my concerns:
• OL gave up 6 sacks and so many hits
• Horrible play-calling
• Poor clock management
• Horrible adjustments
• Sure he got little help on offense but Dak missed some wide open throws an elite HS QB can make.

USA Today might be right, we may have the worst WR/TE group in the NFL
I don’t wanna hear crap about a Dak extension until i see some improvement from HIM.

YEs the OL play was poor yes his weapons are shite but he needs to better to even think about an extension and especially at elite level QB money he needs to beMUCH better I would even giove him Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G or even alex smith money right now.

manufan10
09-10-2018, 09:00 AM
The way the game was playing out you knew that kicker was going to miss that kick. :lol

Linehan needs to go. His gameplan is vanilla and predictable.

DJR210
09-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Let me get the following off my chest, I know it's only 1 game but I saw and said the same last year, after our ugly week one win vs Giants

again Just one game, but here are my concerns:
• OL gave up 6 sacks and so many hits
• Horrible play-calling
• Poor clock management
• Horrible adjustments
• Sure he got little help on offense but Dak missed some wide open throws an elite HS QB can make.

USA Today might be right, we may have the worst WR/TE group in the NFL
I don’t wanna hear crap about a Dak extension until i see some improvement from HIM.

YEs the OL play was poor yes his weapons are shite but he needs to better to even think about an extension and especially at elite level QB money he needs to beMUCH better I would even giove him Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G or even alex smith money right now.

USA Today may also be right in saying we should be worried with Dak as the future. They ethered his ass this morning about his last 12 months.

DJR210
09-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Was there anybody here that was truly surpised to see that Cowboys missed field goal? When the Cowboys are struggling EVERYTHING goes wrong for them..

leemajors
09-10-2018, 10:24 AM
The way the game was playing out you knew that kicker was going to miss that kick. :lol

Linehan needs to go. His gameplan is vanilla and predictable.

He's needed to go for a while. If I can call out their plays the other team surely is.

manufan10
09-10-2018, 11:17 AM
How long do they give Dak before they move on from him? I don't think he's capable of carrying an offense. He needs Zeke to have to carry the offensive load in order for him to be successful. When teams force Dallas to throw and force Dak to beat them he hasn't shown that he is capable to take that advantage.

Killakobe81
09-10-2018, 01:27 PM
How long do they give Dak before they move on from him? I don't think he's capable of carrying an offense. He needs Zeke to have to carry the offensive load in order for him to be successful. When teams force Dallas to throw and force Dak to beat them he hasn't shown that he is capable to take that advantage.

I would lean to giving him one more year, provided that he is willing to bet on himself with a new staff.
Tough to argue JG and or teh OC suck, but not give him a chance with a new staff.
However, I woudl hire a brilliant OC and let him scout Dak to make that call.
Our OC shouldnt have to make teh offense "dak friendly"

spurraider21
09-10-2018, 01:34 PM
i dont think you can give dak one of these market setting contracts (25-30 mil)... but if he's reasonable and you can come to terms on something like 2/40 or 3/60, then he's worth hanging onto. he's a competent qb, and a team friendly deal will allow dallas to build a team that he can manage.

but they're gonna have to do a lot better than the trash weapons they've given him

FrostKing
09-10-2018, 01:36 PM
Another gimmicky black QB bites the dust. Cowboy fans were getting tattoos of this guy a couple seasons ago. To Dak's credit he didn't go full kneeling meltdown like 49ers QB

leemajors
09-10-2018, 01:41 PM

There is no one behind him that would do any better. He wasn't pushed at all, and Linehan is garbage. Get rid of Linehan first, they are running a mid 90s scheme and everyone knows what is coming.

manufan10
09-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Another gimmicky black QB bites the dust. Cowboy fans were getting tattoos of this guy a couple seasons ago. To Dak's credit he didn't go full kneeling meltdown like 49ers QB

I wasn't a big fan of his in 2016. He wasn't really throwing the ball down the field then either. He was missing reads and leaving big plays on the field.

manufan10
09-10-2018, 03:14 PM
I would lean to giving him one more year, provided that he is willing to bet on himself with a new staff.
Tough to argue JG and or teh OC suck, but not give him a chance with a new staff.
However, I woudl hire a brilliant OC and let him scout Dak to make that call.
Our OC shouldnt have to make teh offense "dak friendly"

There is no one behind him that would do any better. He wasn't pushed at all, and Linehan is garbage. Get rid of Linehan first, they are running a mid 90s scheme and everyone knows what is coming.

He definitely should finish out the season. And I agree with killa, if they do let go of JG and the OC then he should at least get one more year with the new staff if they want him.

I just don't know if there are any QB's that would be worth a FA signing.

SpursforSix
09-10-2018, 03:54 PM

IDK...the only commercial I remember is the fucking Salmon Sisters because that shit gets played 5 times an hour.

Killakobe81
09-10-2018, 05:16 PM
He definitely should finish out the season. And I agree with killa, if they do let go of JG and the OC then he should at least get one more year with the new staff if they want him.

I just don't know if there are any QB's that would be worth a FA signing.

Agreed that is why I would consider him on a team friendly deal. Obviously he deserves a raise but a bottom of the top 15 QBs should be his salary slot not a market changing one.

pgardn
09-10-2018, 11:28 PM
"SPOTS"....ya look for "SPOTS" where one team has all the advantages in that "SPOT" from a ATS perspective.

A...totally sucks coming off a bye on the road, in that "SPOT"....3=27 ATS last 30.

B....is a solid 22-8 ATS at home heading into a bye week.

So, that is a 49-11 trend favoring B.

See how it goes? TONS of similiar "SPOTS", it's your job as a serious player to find the best three "SPOTS" for the week.

Oh I remember your huge upset tip taking the Cowboys and old Romo on 4 days rest against Carolina. Take the Cowboys they won’t need the points?
Final Carolina 33- Dallas 14.

Dallas had won the last 5 in a row against Carolina. Forget the fact Romo had just come off an injury with fckn 4 days to rest?

Idiot...

Avante
09-11-2018, 01:00 AM

Being able to run is not....gimmicky. And when did anyone ever...bit the dust...after "ONE" game?

manufan10
09-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Being able to run is not....gimmicky. And when did anyone ever...bit the dust...after "ONE" game?

It's not just one game. It goes back to all of last season, and the offense this season was supposed to be more "Dak friendly," and then they go out and lay an egg. Dak's last 4 games:

75-120 742 yds 1 TD 4 INTs

Not very good. And that doesn't even factor in that worst run in franchise history in the middle of the season last year.

leemajors
09-11-2018, 05:53 PM
It's not just one game. It goes back to all of last season, and the offense this season was supposed to be more "Dak friendly," and then they go out and lay an egg. Dak's last 4 games:

Not very good. And that doesn't even factor in that worst run in franchise history in the middle of the season last year.

He also can't throw a RB screen worth a damn, or Linehan can't draw them up. Toss up there. He moonballs half of them and appears to have no touch.

Avante
09-11-2018, 06:19 PM

Now Google where Troy Aikman was at after his first two seasons. You will be stunned, he sucked. How about.....36 ints?

Jared Goff what a mistake that was, remember?

Peyton had 43 INT's in his first two seasons.

manufan10
09-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Now Google where Troy Aikman was at after his first two seasons. You will be stunned, he sucked. How about.....36 ints?

Jared Goff what a mistake that was, remember?

Peyton had 43 INT's in his first two seasons.

In two seasons he hasn't shown the real ability to make big plays with his arm. He doesn't push the ball up field at all. He has trouble reading a defense. He supposedly worked all offseason working on his accuracy and reading the defense, and the offense was supposed to be more tailored to fit him.... and yet we saw the same predictable offense from them. We saw the same inaccuracies in his throws. He still didn't push the ball up the field. He didn't see wide open receivers. He miss read the defense that led to giving up sacks. I'm not giving up on him for this season, because it's still relatively new. But if he hasn't made those kinds of adjustments in year three, then this just might be exactly who he is... and if so, then the Cowboys need to consider moving on from him.

manufan10
09-12-2018, 01:00 PM
So apparently Dez and Jerry went to a Jay-Z and Beyonce concert together on Tuesday night. :lol

http://pic.twitter.com/x1FXalgz6c

Trainwreck2100
09-12-2018, 01:13 PM
All these Cowboys "fans" coming out of the woodwork against Dak, and I was against the move since Day 1.

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2018, 08:10 PM
All these Cowboys "fans" coming out of the woodwork against Dak, and I was against the move since Day 1.
We had to do something, though. Romo's back was on its last legs and he was already 38. He'd be 40 now, and yes Brees and Brady have made it that far, but they're GOATs, and have been relatively injury free throughout their career... Romo? I loved the guy but he was made of glass. The tackle that essentially ended his career in preseason 2016 wasn't even that hard of a hit.

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2018, 08:12 PM
So apparently Dez and Jerry went to a Jay-Z and Beyonce concert together on Tuesday night. :lol

http://pic.twitter.com/x1FXalgz6c
We have the money to spend, I don't see why don't we give him the 1 year/10 mil deal he's been holding out for so badly?? If he shines we can always just let him walk this next spring, Gallup should be ready by then, but he needs a year to develop and get good.

Spurs Homer
09-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Thinking that Dak and Zeke are a little more "game shape ready" this week. Maybe I am a homer but I think not playing the entire preseason hurt them in Game 1.

I am thinking we will see a different offense today.

SpursforSix
09-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Thinking that Dak and Zeke are a little more "game shape ready" this week. Maybe I am a homer but I think not playing the entire preseason hurt them in Game 1.

I am thinking we will see a different offense today.

Homerdamus

Bill_Brasky
09-16-2018, 09:48 PM
I knew they were rusty AF against Carolina. It's still week 2, let's see how shit's going come November.

Gaaaah damn i love football being back.

Spurs Homer
09-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Homerdamus

:smokin

(now they gotta hold on lol)

SpursforSix
09-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Dak looked much sharper. Still made a couple bad throws that could have been picked but encouraging overall. The D looked good while the game still mattered.

Blake
09-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Dak looked much sharper. Still made a couple bad throws that could have been picked but encouraging overall. The D looked good while the game still mattered.

Eh, take away the one long throw and Dak had just over 100 yards for the night.

The D did look great for 3 quarters

Brutal
09-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Looking forward to the Oct 14 game at home vs Jacksonville.

SpursforSix
09-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Eh, take away the one long throw and Dak had just over 100 yards for the night.

The D did look great for 3 quarters

I’m not worried about the yardage and don’t expect him to put up big numbers.
His decision making looked better last night and was also more accurate.

leemajors
09-17-2018, 09:36 AM
Vander Esch seemed to play well coming in for Lee, too. Nice surprise.

DJR210
09-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Biggest offensive adjustment made was putting Dak in comfortable spots to make plays. The dude has been struggling under center, glad to see they had him in the shotgun for a ton of snaps. He played almost exclusively in the shotgun in college, it's smart to let him read the defense and make plays out of that formation. He forced the defense to commit a defender to stopping his run which helped get some receivers some more space to work in. Conor Williams also had a MUCH better game.

Defensively, a dominant showing. Heath and Frazier looked good. Can't wait to work Gregory and Irving back into the DL rotation in a couple weeks :tu

I’m not worried about the yardage and don’t expect him to put up big numbers.
His decision making looked better last night and was also more accurate.

Same.. His decisions on the read option were all good, and his passes were accurate. He had more time to throw vs the Carolina game, but he also straight up blew some easy passes in that game too. None of that nonsense last night.

Vander Esch seemed to play well coming in for Lee, too. Nice surprise.

Agreed.. Didn't catch any mistakes.

The entire team couldn't tackle Barkley, but it was a solid effort by the LB's and backfield to come up and assist after he broke basically all of the first attempts at the tackle.

spurraider21
09-17-2018, 12:59 PM
cowboys defense has been very good in both games tbh. it's an impressive unit. but that O looks lost, and zeke looks good not great behind this version of the OL. and as usual Dak looks about as good as his surroundings. he's a chameleon.

manufan10
09-17-2018, 08:39 PM
:lol of all of the WR's to think about bringing in/back they're thinking about Brice Butler.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-weighing-options-with-brice-butler

manufan10
09-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Dak looked a little better, but I don't get why the coaching staff moved from what worked in the first quarter, and abandoned it until the fourth. It made absolutely no sense. They started off strong with the RPO, and then it really wasn't seen again until the 4th. When they stopped the offense became stagnant again. The defense has been lights out. Hopefully they can sustain this level of play throughout the season. It's weird to see the defense actually carrying the offense this season.

spurraider21
09-17-2018, 08:43 PM
brice butler is that dude tho. unlike jihad ward, thats a former raider i can approve of

Chris
09-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Butler is aight

DJR210
09-18-2018, 07:17 AM
Brice Butler ain't shit. Very mediocre receiver.

leemajors
09-18-2018, 06:19 PM
cowboys defense has been very good in both games tbh. it's an impressive unit. but that O looks lost, and zeke looks good not great behind this version of the OL. and as usual Dak looks about as good as his surroundings. he's a chameleon.

I think Zeke will look better week to week, and especially if Frederick comes back soon. Looney has done well, but he is not Frederick.

SpursforSix
09-18-2018, 10:22 PM
Brice Butler ain't shit. Very mediocre receiver.

He’ll fit right in then.

DJR210
09-18-2018, 10:43 PM
He’ll fit right in then.

Still performed better than Dez last year

SpursforSix
09-18-2018, 11:19 PM
Still performed better than Dez last year

Lol. Is that the bar now?

So...will (insert receiver) be better than 2017 Dez?

chunticakes
09-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Lol. Is that the bar now?

So...will (insert receiver) be better than 2017 Dez?

70 catches, 800 yards, and 6 TDs.

Nobody is going to best that on the current roster.

SpursforSix
09-19-2018, 10:47 AM
70 catches, 800 yards, and 6 TDs.

Nobody is going to best that on the current roster.

insert thinking emoji

manufan10
09-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Hurns was supposed to be the guy to replace Dez and hopefully replicate those numbers, and he only has two receptions on the year. I don't know if it's him not getting open or Dak not seeing him or the playcalling... more than likely a combination of all three.

chunticakes
09-19-2018, 11:39 AM
insert thinking emoji

:reading

Mark Celibate
09-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Holy crap!! If this doesn't get you motivated, you're not human!!!!!1 Where's a brick wall I can run thru??

PbNsURh6cmA

leemajors
09-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Linehan is a fucking idiot.

leemajors
09-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Linehan is a fucking idiot.

clambake
09-23-2018, 06:27 PM
just an average team.

Millennial_Messiah
09-23-2018, 06:47 PM
just an average team.

no... i hope they go 3-13 and the defense balls out, we draft a qb in the first couple picks overall, fire garrett/linehan/moore, hire a McVay type or a Pederson/Reid protege, trade Dak for a 3rd round pick, and start actually moving the ball

Fabbs
09-23-2018, 07:02 PM
tight end looked like Matt Bonner trying to reel in a rebound.

(game ending INT)

Millennial_Messiah
09-23-2018, 07:41 PM
tight end looked like Matt Bonner trying to reel in a rebound.

(game ending INT)
Jarwin loses a fumble against AZ (the 8 turnover game), Brandon Bostick's the onside kick last week against NYG, and then this tonight... I still don't get why he's on the roster? The dude wasn't drafted for a reason.

leemajors
09-23-2018, 08:06 PM
Jarwin loses a fumble against AZ (the 8 turnover game), Brandon Bostick's the onside kick last week against NYG, and then this tonight... I still don't get why he's on the roster? The dude wasn't drafted for a reason.

Philly was going to grab him from the practice squad last season and they panicked. Moot point since that ball should never have been thrown.

Millennial_Messiah
09-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Philly was going to grab him from the practice squad last season and they panicked. Moot point since that ball should never have been thrown.

I'd trade Jarwin to the Eagles for a cheesesteak today

Killakobe81
09-24-2018, 07:02 AM
not ready to completely give up on Dak since we have a banged up OL and no weapons ...
But no way should he be signed to an extension, either.
You get a new staff with an innovative offensive game plan and an aggressive defensive coach.
and if Sean Lee wont sign at a discount you let him walk and if Tyron wont take a paycut he needs to be gone too.
Tired of paying guys for what they did in the past ...
You let the new coach review tape on dak and determine if they want another year of him at QB or if we should spend a high pick on one.

I also want us to go 3-13 instead of the 8-8 I predicted so an Earl Thomas trade is out of the question ...

DJR210
09-24-2018, 07:24 AM
3 games in, and it's already another worthless Cowboys season. The offensive line needs work again, Tyron Smith is near corpse level. His back is done. Zeke going out of bounds on the touchdown catch is all you need to sum up what the Cowboys are about.

Agreed on Sean Lee. That fucking piece of worthless brittle shit needs to take his ass back to shower with Jerry Sandusky. So tired of his shit. LVE had 11 tackles to lead the team, we can do without his brittle bullshit.

Killakobe81
09-24-2018, 07:36 AM
3 games in, and it's already another worthless Cowboys season. The offensive line needs work again, Tyron Smith is near corpse level. His back is done. Zeke going out of bounds on the touchdown catch is all you need to sum up what the Cowboys are about.

Agreed on Sean Lee. That fucking piece of worthless brittle shit needs to take his ass back to shower with Jerry Sandusky. So tired of his shit. LVE had 11 tackles to lead the team, we can do without his brittle bullshit.

I had some dude bitching to me about Calvin Ridley.
Sean Lee's brittle ass is why we had to draft LVH, besides not like we would throw Ridley the ball anyways.

DJR210
09-24-2018, 12:28 PM
I had some dude bitching to me about Calvin Ridley.
Sean Lee's brittle ass is why we had to draft LVH, besides not like we would throw Ridley the ball anyways.

Would have been nice if we could have traded back into the first round and selected him.. Cowboys need a ton of help at receiver and TE obviously.

The Conor Williams pick looks worse by the game. He played decent against the NYG, but overall he and Tyron are shitting the bed over on the left side together. If we weren't in dead money hell we could have afforded to offer Ron Leary more and could have kept the continuity..

I'm convinced Collins has hit his ceiling and will never be dominant on the right side as his original draft projection suggested.

I agree that I am not ready to give up on Dak as he has shown he can run an offense when he has better pass catching options.. He has this year and next before they have to decide, but the Cowboys typically like to lock up their key players before they can test the market. I'm sure they will focus on WR and TE this next draft, but this unexpected problem on the left side of the line that has emerged is going to put them in a bad spot when choosing which route to go with their 1st round pick.. The Cowboys are going to have to sign some free agents if they want to contend tbh, there are too many needs to rely on just drafting.

Not to mention that again safety is a weakness for the defense and needs to be properly addressed at some point very soon too..

Killakobe81
09-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Would have been nice if we could have traded back into the first round and selected him.. Cowboys need a ton of help at receiver and TE obviously.

The Conor Williams pick looks worse by the game. He played decent against the NYG, but overall he and Tyron are shitting the bed over on the left side together. If we weren't in dead money hell we could have afforded to offer Ron Leary more and could have kept the continuity..

I'm convinced Collins has hit his ceiling and will never be dominant on the right side as his original draft projection suggested.

I agree that I am not ready to give up on Dak as he has shown he can run an offense when he has better pass catching options.. He has this year and next before they have to decide, but the Cowboys typically like to lock up their key players before they can test the market. I'm sure they will focus on WR and TE this next draft, but this unexpected problem on the left side of the line that has emerged is going to put them in a bad spot when choosing which route to go with their 1st round pick.. The Cowboys are going to have to sign some free agents if they want to contend tbh, there are too many needs to rely on just drafting.

Not to mention that again safety is a weakness for the defense and needs to be properly addressed at some point very soon too..

agreed.
But we should not trade for ET.
If this season continues to goes sideways even a 2nd pick is valuable.
He looked great yesterday but like you said we have OL/WR/TE/DT issues and mayve even QB, unfortunately.

ET is a final piece type assett not a core piece of a young team.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2018, 01:44 PM
agreed.
He looked great yesterday but like you said we have OL/WR/TE/DT issues and mayve even QB, unfortunately.

:lol maybe

DJR210
09-24-2018, 02:14 PM
agreed.

They'd have to be completely fucking retarded to trade for ET at this point. If SEA balked at a 2nd rounder for him, then they're gonna rob Dallas real good to get him 13 weeks earlier. They aren't winning the SB with or without him this year so it makes no sense. At least with Dak they have another season after this one to start planning for the next step.. Dallas is going to have to nail their draft next season in rounds 1-4 to have a shot at contending with the current core they have.. This doesn't take into consideration that the Cowboys are also facing a complete overhaul for the coaching/management staff after another underwhelming year.

leemajors
09-24-2018, 02:37 PM
I think it is pretty clear this coaching staff has no idea how to consistently adapt to adverse situations on offense. The line has regressed under Alexander, and they seemingly abandon any concepts that work. Overall they are undisciplined on both sides of the ball, and continue to commit stupid penalties. Not a very well coached team.

Bill_Brasky
09-24-2018, 03:08 PM
Yeah the thought of Earl excited me before the season.....but in no way do i look at this team now and think we're an Earl Thomas away from running the table.

The only thing that looks promising is the defense. Have a good year on that side of the ball, win 5 games, fire that fucking pussy ass ginger piece of shit along with Linehan, get a young HC, and keep all the coaching the same on the defensive side of the ball. That would be a good scenario IMO.

chunticakes
09-24-2018, 03:42 PM
1. Fire Garrett/Linehan/Kellen Moore. Hire a young offensive minded coach in the mold of a Mcvay and let him bring in an OC and QB coach and see what they can do with Dak on the final year of his rookie contact.

2. Promote Richard to DC and get Lee to retire and become LB coach or something.

3. If Dak improves like Goff did great. If not, you draft a QB high and start new next off-season.

4. Move Collins back to LG and Connor Williams to RT. Make Tyron Smith take a pay cut or find a replacement this off-season.

5. Sign Earl Thomas this off season. Draft a 1-tech/WR/TE early this off-season. We're no better than 7-9/8-8 this season so we'll draft around 15-18 again.

The Eagles were in arguably worse shape than us a few years back and Peterson + some sound drafting/free agents changed everything. Only problem is we have Jerry Jones and I fear until he dies we won't amount to anything.

DJR210
09-24-2018, 03:55 PM
I think it is pretty clear this coaching staff has no idea how to consistently adapt to adverse situations on offense. The line has regressed under Alexander, and they seemingly abandon any concepts that work. Overall they are undisciplined on both sides of the ball, and continue to commit stupid penalties. Not a very well coached team.

Yeah.. Linehan's shitty ass conservative, then when time is running out start taking chances approach does not fucking work. The NY game is proof that this offense needs to have an element of surprise to have a chance at moving the ball. This offensive line is not equipped to run the ball control smash mouth run style they want to play.

Garrett may be likable with the players, but it's hard not to be likable when you have a locker room full of happy young millionaires who think their coach is just a cool guy. Anybody who has managed other people understands you have to know what motivates each individual, and they must be engaged and buy in to your philosophy. To get that buy in you HAVE to hold people accountable. People don't initially respond well to being held accountable for their work after they've become used to being able to slack around, but when the team starts performing better they buy in to the discipline aspect and end up not only liking you in the end, but respecting you for demanding more from them and improving them as people/employees. You cannot successfully lead at the highest level by being friends with your direct reports. Garrett using the "F word" in meetings might appeal to some players, but this and clapping his way into "improvement" is never going to work.

If you've seen the documentary "Tuna's Last Ride" on YouTube, Parcells talks about how he arrived and the whole atmosphere around the facilities was relaxed and unprofessional.. dudes hanging out in the training room, joking and laughing and eating pizzas and shit while allegedly "rehabbing injuries" - he put a stop to it quick by turning down the AC to 50 degrees in the room and making it uncomfortable as hell for them to want to be in there bullshitting around.. We need another leader who is gonna crack the whip like that and tighten up the ship IMO.

Yeah the thought of Earl excited me before the season.....but in no way do i look at this team now and think we're an Earl Thomas away from running the table.

The only thing that looks promising is the defense. Have a good year on that side of the ball, win 5 games, fire that fucking pussy ass ginger piece of shit along with Linehan, get a young HC, and keep all the coaching the same on the defensive side of the ball. That would be a good scenario IMO.

The Cowboys need to do something about safety.. I believe the last true investment they've made there was Roy Williams, and everybody else has been project players and even converted players like a JJ Wilcox. This OL problem really sets them back because a franchise LT is gonna take a top 1st round pick.

As for the coaching staff, the new coach will want to bring in his own guys unless they do go with a young up and comer like a McVay who doesn't have his "guys" he trusts.. I honestly believe Kris Richard is the only coach who deserves to stay at this point.

DJR210
09-24-2018, 04:15 PM
1. Fire Garrett/Linehan/Kellen Moore. Hire a young offensive minded coach in the mold of a Mcvay and let him bring in an OC and QB coach and see what they can do with Dak on the final year of his rookie contact.

2. Promote Richard to DC and get Lee to retire and become LB coach or something.

3. If Dak improves like Goff did great. If not, you draft a QB high and start new next off-season.

4. Move Collins back to LG and Connor Williams to RT. Make Tyron Smith take a pay cut or find a replacement this off-season.

5. Sign Earl Thomas this off season. Draft a 1-tech/WR/TE early this off-season. We're no better than 7-9/8-8 this season so we'll draft around 15-18 again.

The Eagles were in arguably worse shape than us a few years back and Peterson + some sound drafting/free agents changed everything. Only problem is we have Jerry Jones and I fear until he dies we won't amount to anything.

1. Kellen FUCKING Moore.. retarded fucking hire, Jesus Christ. Promote the guy beaten in camp to coach the guy that beat him. How in God's fucking name does that make sense to ANYBODY in management? Only the Dallas Cowboys tbh.

2. Richard as a DC could be an option.. He seems like somebody who demands respect, and his age and him getting out there on the field and running drills with the team goes a long way towards that. Might as fucking well officially make Lee a coach, he's already in that role now albeit on a star linebackers salary. He's obviously smart, but his body cannot hold up at this level.

3. If the Cowboys draft a QB this next draft to start fresh, who will protect his blindside and ultimately his psyche? He's gonna come in with a shitty run game, no true weapons, and is gonna take a shit load of sacks/hits/hurries.. His confidence will go the shitter and he'll be done before he gets started. They have to take advantage of Dak's full 4 year of rookie scale pay IMO, and address QB the following year. The QB position lately has had a ton of success with players that were taken later in the drafts, so I wouldn't be against them drafting one in the 5th or 6th and trying to develop.

4. I think this is where accountability comes in.. Conor Williams is undersized, doesn't appear to have any bulk either, and has questionable strength. He MUST get stronger.. a hard goal to add a bunch of muscle, but it can be done with the willpower and proper coaching. Mark Stepnoski is a perfect example of what can be achieved even at smaller than ideal size.

5. I'm all for signing ET.. I'm just worried that the Cowboys will go into a Jerry lead panic mode, and end up breaking the bank on him for a multi-year contract and he ends up under performing when he gets the job security he wants. WR/TE was initially my thoughts as far as their top pick next year, but now that Tyron sucks dick I don't think that would be wise when Dak is gonna get murdered on the blind side all season anyway.

DJR210
09-24-2018, 04:17 PM
It's actually "Parcell's Final Ride" - but def a great watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18g99VWY5pw

chunticakes
09-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Yeah.. Linehan's shitty ass conservative, then when time is running out start taking chances approach does not fucking work. The NY game is proof that this offense needs to have an element of surprise to have a chance at moving the ball. This offensive line is not equipped to run the ball control smash mouth run style they want to play.

Garrett may be likable with the players, but it's hard not to be likable when you have a locker room full of happy young millionaires who think their coach is just a cool guy. Anybody who has managed other people understands you have to know what motivates each individual, and they must be engaged and buy in to your philosophy. To get that buy in you HAVE to hold people accountable. People don't initially respond well to being held accountable for their work after they've become used to being able to slack around, but when the team starts performing better they buy in to the discipline aspect and end up not only liking you in the end, but respecting you for demanding more from them and improving them as people/employees. You cannot successfully lead at the highest level by being friends with your direct reports. Garrett using the "F word" in meetings might appeal to some players, but this and clapping his way into "improvement" is never going to work.

If you've seen the documentary "Tuna's Last Ride" on YouTube, Parcells talks about how he arrived and the whole atmosphere around the facilities was relaxed and unprofessional.. dudes hanging out in the training room, joking and laughing and eating pizzas and shit while allegedly "rehabbing injuries" - he put a stop to it quick by turning down the AC to 50 degrees in the room and making it uncomfortable as hell for them to want to be in there bullshitting around.. We need another leader who is gonna crack the whip like that and tighten up the ship IMO.

The Cowboys need to do something about safety.. I believe the last true investment they've made there was Roy Williams, and everybody else has been project players and even converted players like a JJ Wilcox. This OL problem really sets them back because a franchise LT is gonna take a top 1st round pick.

As for the coaching staff, the new coach will want to bring in his own guys unless they do go with a young up and comer like a McVay who doesn't have his "guys" he trusts.. I honestly believe Kris Richard is the only coach who deserves to stay at this point.

I couldn't agree more. The only issue is no halfway decent coach is willing to come here with Jerry breathing down their neck. Have you seen All or Nothing on Amazon? Jerry literally sits in team meetings and tells them what to do. :lol

DJR210
09-24-2018, 04:39 PM
I couldn't agree more. The only issue is no halfway decent coach is willing to come here with Jerry breathing down their neck. Have you seen All or Nothing on Amazon? Jerry literally sits in team meetings and tells them what to do. :lol

Yeah.. we need another Parcells level coach who is going to demand full control again. Yeah, I've watched the whole season, great documentary. I don't entirely agree with the Jerry stuff though. He was there at all meetings of course, and I think that's probably a little intimidating to a bunch of the staff, but little stuff like Jason Garrett arriving last and sitting at the head of the table, etc, show he's still the boss. Jerry has given the Garrett regime more freedom than any of his other hires not named Parcells. I just think he instilled the patience and faith into the wrong guy IMO.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2018, 07:06 PM
Yeah.. we need another Parcells level coach who is going to demand full control again. Yeah, I've watched the whole season, great documentary. I don't entirely agree with the Jerry stuff though. He was there at all meetings of course, and I think that's probably a little intimidating to a bunch of the staff, but little stuff like Jason Garrett arriving last and sitting at the head of the table, etc, show he's still the boss. Jerry has given the Garrett regime more freedom than any of his other hires not named Parcells. I just think he instilled the patience and faith into the wrong guy IMO.

its funny/sad you believe that, Parcells was given free reign cause jerruh wanted his stadium, now that he has that he's never letting go. The reason garret is still employed is just cause he's a yes man

DJR210
09-24-2018, 08:11 PM
its funny/sad you believe that, Parcells was given free reign cause jerruh wanted his stadium, now that he has that he's never letting go. The reason garret is still employed is just cause he's a yes man

What/how is funny/sad? The team posted three worthless 5-11 seasons with sorry ass Dave Campo the move was to turn around the frachise.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2018, 08:31 PM
What/how is funny/sad? The team posted three worthless 5-11 seasons with sorry ass Dave Campo the move was to turn around the frachise.

they're not getting a coach of that caliber so long as jones is alive

DJR210
09-24-2018, 09:12 PM
they're not getting a coach of that caliber so long as jones is alive

Even dead which coach of that caliber would be available?

Killakobe81
09-24-2018, 11:56 PM

Agree with almost all of this but worry about how much ET will cost.

manufan10
09-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Like others, I didn't understand adding Kellen Moore as the QB coach for the same reasons that DJR210 stated. It makes absolutely no sense.

One of the problems with this offense is that they want Dak to be a pocket passer when he clearly isn't that type of player. He's more of the mold of Cam than a pocket passer. Everything that the Cowboys were successful at against the Giants they failed to do against the Seahawks. They really didn't run any RPO until the 4th quarter. Their playcalling is predictable, and they make no offensive adjustments. Dak excels in a more uptempo offense, and yet they run the playclock down every single play. They kept Rico for certain situations, and yet they don't put him in the game for those situations. It's embarrassing that Ryan Switzer has more receiving TDs than Hurns, Gallup, Williams, and Beasley combined.

I'd love to see this offensive group play under a younger coach who is more innovative. They need someone who will play these guys to their strengths, and mold their offense after them and not try to mold guys into their offense.

spurraider21
09-25-2018, 04:59 PM
cowboys shouldn't be dealing for earl thomas :lmao... their entire focus should be on offense.

are they going to keep dak? based on that answer, they can go in different directions with the rest of their personnel

chunticakes
09-27-2018, 01:35 PM
It's actually "Parcell's Final Ride" - but def a great watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18g99VWY5pw

It's incredible he took the same shitty 5-11 teams from 00-02 and turned them into a winner.

All he did was add a couple of washed up vets lol.

DJR210
09-27-2018, 04:17 PM
It's incredible he took the same shitty 5-11 teams from 00-02 and turned them into a winner.

All he did was add a couple of washed up vets lol.

Yep.. and changed to a 3-4 defense. It was all accountability, which this team lacks. That documentary shows the conversations that took place in San Antonio for training camp between him and Larry Allen. Allen was getting his shit pushed in then started throwing his little bitch tantrum throwing his helmet and shit, and the video shows Parcells punking his ass about his behavior.. and that's on a Hall of Famer. The Cowboys need somebody like that, but I don't know who would demand that kind of respect besides maybe coaxing a Bill Cowher out of retirement.

DJR210
09-27-2018, 04:18 PM
just an average team.

A below average team at this point, power rankings across the board have them among the bottom 5-6 teams

manufan10
09-28-2018, 09:02 PM
Anyone watch A Football Life: Tony Romo?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5ae2c61b9fa3241cf2c7dc74fbbc3fe3/tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

DJR210
09-29-2018, 07:30 PM
Anyone watch A Football Life: Tony Romo?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5ae2c61b9fa3241cf2c7dc74fbbc3fe3/tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

No, but thanks for the recommendation. Will watch today :tu

In other news, Jaylon "Alpha" Smith just said as soon as Lee moves on, it's HIS defense. He's got some proving to do, but you gotta like his confidence.

leemajors
09-30-2018, 03:29 PM
No, but thanks for the recommendation. Will watch today :tu

In other news, Jaylon "Alpha" Smith just said as soon as Lee moves on, it's HIS defense. He's got some proving to do, but you gotta like his confidence.

Vander Esch looked pretty good tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 03:35 PM

Our slot corners are shitty, though. Especially Brown. Awuzie is a good cover guy but needs to start playing the ball, kept giving up tough catches.

leemajors
09-30-2018, 03:57 PM
Our slot corners are shitty, though. Especially Brown. Awuzie is a good cover guy but needs to start playing the ball, kept giving up tough catches.

Those were great passes and even greater catches, not a whole lot you can do sometimes.

Will Hunting
09-30-2018, 03:58 PM
Oops, wrong thread.

DJR210
09-30-2018, 04:06 PM

Great news, let them battle each other for team captain

DJR210
09-30-2018, 04:07 PM

Stupid.. Awuzie played some great defense today.. the receivers just made some amazing catches on some really tight throws from Stafford

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 04:45 PM
Those were great passes and even greater catches, not a whole lot you can do sometimes.

On the Awuzie catches allowed, yes

& Byron Jones is an elite corner

But that doesn't take away from the fact the slot corners are garbage. Both Golden Taint long touchdowns were given up by shitty slot corners. Lewis stumbled on the first one and shitty Anthony Brown just lost him on the second one near the end of the game. Anthony Brown needs to get fucking cut, he's a no-coverage useless penalty machine.

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 04:45 PM
Stupid.. Awuzie played some great defense today.. the receivers just made some amazing catches on some really tight throws from Stafford

Doesn't take away from the fact that the shitty ass slot corners gave up wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open long TD catch and runs to shit ass Golden Taint twice including one that nearly killed us...

LB corps are elite, DeMarcus Lawrence is the GOAT, the next two DEs and Irving (who returns next week) are good, the other DTs are average, Dorance Armstrong has zero bend/agility and shouldn't play, Jeff Heath sucks ass and can't tackle properly, Frazier is the only safety who can tackle consistently well, we need Earl Thomas, Byron Jones is becoming elite at corner, Awuzie is good but unlucky so far this year, the slot corners are ass.

Summary of the 2018 cowboys defense

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 04:52 PM
Great news, let them battle each other for team captain

LB are in good hands without Lee. Why not hire Lee as head linebackers coach at the end of the season. Re-sign Joe Thomas, he's not expensive and I like him. Don't keep Wilson, he sucks. So the LBs will revolve around JS & LVE going forward, that's soon to be one of the best ILB duo's in the league.

leemajors
09-30-2018, 09:29 PM
On the Awuzie catches allowed, yes

& Byron Jones is an elite corner

But that doesn't take away from the fact the slot corners are garbage. Both Golden Taint long touchdowns were given up by shitty slot corners. Lewis stumbled on the first one and shitty Anthony Brown just lost him on the second one near the end of the game. Anthony Brown needs to get fucking cut, he's a no-coverage useless penalty machine.

Brown has played well every game until this one. Didn't you see Richard throwing that Surface on the sideline sitting next to him right after? Lewis fell, but he has barely played maybe they should use him in a trade who knows.

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Brown has played well every game until this one. Didn't you see Richard throwing that Surface on the sideline sitting next to him right after? Lewis fell, but he has barely played maybe they should use him in a trade who knows.
Brown is way worse than Lewis. Did you watch last year? This preseason. Lewis is generally a good anticipator and tackler. All Brown does is grab and make soft tackles after giving up catches in soft coverage. Today, he didn't even tackle. Brown sucks.

Lewis slipped when he should have made a tackle. No excuse to give up two 40+ yard TDs to the same guy though. It's not like Taint is Julio or Antonio Brown or something. Seattle let him walk for free.

leemajors
09-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Brown is way worse than Lewis. Did you watch last year? This preseason. Lewis is generally a good anticipator and tackler. All Brown does is grab and make soft tackles after giving up catches in soft coverage. Today, he didn't even tackle. Brown sucks.

Lewis is more talented than Brown. Brown played well this season until today. Lewis hasn't earned any snaps from the DB coach this season, yet. I will trust Richard for the moment, the D wasn't great today but he is calling good plays this season.

DJR210
09-30-2018, 10:40 PM
UNT and his typical "everybody sucks" rant

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Lewis is more talented than Brown. Brown played well this season until today. Lewis hasn't earned any snaps from the DB coach this season, yet. I will trust Richard for the moment, the D wasn't great today but he is calling good plays this season.
I trust Richard, but Lewis seems like a Seattle style slot corner... don't have to be big or 4.4 fast, just smart, sticky in coverage and able to diagnose and tackle, occasionally blitz. All of which Lewis does better than Brown.

The outside corners in Richard's scheme should be bigger.... hence why Byron Jones is almost impossible to throw against in that scheme, and Awuzie tries his best but gets beat in tight coverage too often because he's just not quite big enough.

Maybe grab Rasul Douglas from the Eagles to play outside corner? Douglas is a good player, a Richard/Seattle prototype big outside press corner who the Eagles have recently demoted to 5th corner (Jim Schwartz prefers smaller speed corners like Darby, Maddox, Mills), should be able to be traded for a late round pick.

Anthony Brown hasn't played well in 3 years. He (and Jeff Heath) were forced to play cornerback in 2016 after all our (mediocre) starting corners not named Carr went down injured for long stretches that year. He was a penalty machine in 2016 and last year he was a penalty machine and bad in coverage. In this year's preseason, I recall the SF game where he was beat or committed a flag on just about every pass play he was in the game. He's an OK special teamer because of his speed, but he's not an NFL caliber corner.

Millennial_Messiah
09-30-2018, 11:55 PM
UNT and his typical "everybody sucks" rant

Byron Jones is coming off an all pro first quarter of the regular season. DeMarcus Lawrence is the GOAT, as I predicted 2-3 years ago when nobody wanted to talk about him. Also, we finally have good linebackers who can play well when Sean Lee doesn't play.

Everybody doesn't suck. Just the safeties, the DTs not named Irving (who we get back this week), and the slot corners... oh and the WRs and TEs and OC.

DJR210
10-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Byron Jones is coming off an all pro first quarter of the regular season. DeMarcus Lawrence is the GOAT, as I predicted 2-3 years ago when nobody wanted to talk about him. Also, we finally have good linebackers who can play well when Sean Lee doesn't play.

Everybody doesn't suck. Just the safeties, the DTs not named Irving (who we get back this week), and the slot corners... oh and the WRs and TEs and OC.

Crawford and Gregory both had solid bull rushes pushing the OL back into Stafford's space.. D-Law may have racked up the stats, but his fellow lineman definitely helped him by limiting their ability to double team. Byron Jones has played really well, forcing teams to think they can pick on Awuzie. Aside from a couple passes, their receivers made some extremely difficult catches on Awuzie. I ran some of those plays back 3-4 times and couldn't believe how tight the coverage was on the catch

leemajors
10-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Crawford and Gregory both had solid bull rushes pushing the OL back into Stafford's space.. D-Law may have racked up the stats, but his fellow lineman definitely helped him by limiting their ability to double team. Byron Jones has played really well, forcing teams to think they can pick on Awuzie. Aside from a couple passes, their receivers made some extremely difficult catches on Awuzie. I ran some of those plays back 3-4 times and couldn't believe how tight the coverage was on the catch

Stafford was threading the needle too, he always plays well against Dallas.

spurraider21
10-01-2018, 12:46 PM
cowboys D did just enough, and they fed zeke early and often. that will be their only recipe for success. dak looks good when he's able to take advantage of the run thread with RPO stuff or play fakes

Millennial_Messiah
10-02-2018, 12:02 AM
coverage was tight, but the safeties still can't pursue and get trucked when they need to make a tackle. Especially Heath, he's trash.

Thank goodness ET's injury was only a clean break of the smaller leg bone and he'll be 100% by February. We'll probably get him for 3 years at about 10 million per. Doesn't help us this year, unfortunately. Next year might be the year we go all in for the championship.

Pay DeMarcus Lawrence 5 years/95 million
Extend Byron Jones 5 years/47 million
Tag David Irving - he's a DT so the cost will be a lot less than if he were a DE/OLB
Sign Earl Thomas 3 years/30 million

Possibly rent an elite player for 1-2 years if the goal is to win a SB in 2019 and/or 2020. And consider extending Zeke, he's the best RB and WR on the team right now, he's almost the whole offense.

Chris
10-02-2018, 02:54 AM
I think every WR but Beasley had a drop..Beasley ran some great routes though.

That fade pass to Rico was pretty weird typical Garrett bullshit in the red zone tbh

Can't wait to get Frederick and Lee back

DJR210
10-02-2018, 04:05 PM
coverage was tight, but the safeties still can't pursue and get trucked when they need to make a tackle. Especially Heath, he's trash.

Thank goodness ET's injury was only a clean break of the smaller leg bone and he'll be 100% by February. We'll probably get him for 3 years at about 10 million per. Doesn't help us this year, unfortunately. Next year might be the year we go all in for the championship.

Pay DeMarcus Lawrence 5 years/95 million
Extend Byron Jones 5 years/47 million
Tag David Irving - he's a DT so the cost will be a lot less than if he were a DE/OLB
Sign Earl Thomas 3 years/30 million

Possibly rent an elite player for 1-2 years if the goal is to win a SB in 2019 and/or 2020. And consider extending Zeke, he's the best RB and WR on the team right now, he's almost the whole offense.

I'm against Dallas signing anybody to more than a 3 year deal tbh.. it NEVER works out for them. Other than that I agree on the safeties, Dallas has been trying to groom safeties since Roy Williams, their last true investment in the position. It's sad that Barry Church has been our best safety in the last ten years+.

chunticakes
10-02-2018, 04:35 PM
I think every WR but Beasley had a drop..Beasley ran some great routes though.

That fade pass to Rico was pretty weird typical Garrett bullshit in the red zone tbh

Can't wait to get Frederick and Lee back

Not to mention it was an awful pass. Dak has never been able to throw up a good fade, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
10-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Not to mention it was an awful pass. Dak has never been able to throw up a good fade, tbh.

He threw a perfect one to Butler in the preseason before his rookie year, for a score against the Dolphins, so that's odd.

I always hated it the last couple years when we tried to force it to Dez three times in a row on goal-to-go situations and ended up kicking a shitty field goal every damn time.

Killakobe81
10-07-2018, 10:52 PM
smh 8-8 team at best
Loved LVH, Jaylen Dlaw and Byron ...

pgardn
10-07-2018, 10:59 PM
The difference.

Houston has a premier receiver.

Killakobe81
10-07-2018, 11:04 PM
The difference.

sure but watson also airs it out more too not just to DHop

SpursforSix
10-07-2018, 11:04 PM
The difference.

How many receptions did the Cowboys WR even have? It was 0 until the Hurns catch.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2018, 11:11 PM
How many receptions did the Cowboys WR even have? It was 0 until the Hurns catch.

who gives a shit.

time to tank and draft a real (white) qb like the ones a lot of teams got in the first half of this year's draft... no shitty lamar jackson, not you... you're worse than dak.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2018, 11:12 PM
also, DeMarcus Lawrence will look good in midnight eagle green next year when Garrett and Jerry decide to extend Dak for 30 million a season instead of keeping Lawrence

pgardn
10-07-2018, 11:13 PM
sure but watson also airs it out more too not just to DHop

Yeah that’s what you do when you have wide receivers. And one really special one.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Yeah that’s what you do when you have wide receivers. And one really special one.

Dropkins also had a fumble fwiw... he's had several turnovers and bad INTs allowed over the past several years in houston

pgardn
10-07-2018, 11:15 PM
who gives a shit.

time to tank and draft a real (white) qb like the ones a lot of teams got in the first half of this year's draft... no shitty lamar jackson, not you... you're worse than dak.

You mean like Mahomes?
Or he has just enough white?

pgardn
10-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Dropkins also had a fumble fwiw... he's had several turnovers and bad INTs allowed over the past several years in houston

Ok don’t take him.
I will. You keep Beasly.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2018, 11:19 PM
You mean like Mahomes?
Or he has just enough white?

mahomes is better than dak, but he's not elite. today proved it. he can make easy throws... so can shitty watson, scam newton and yes, even dak. he isn't a good decision maker and throws bad int's when it's not there.

Darnold and Rosen really impressed today

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Ok don’t take him.
I will. You keep Beasly.

beasley is past his prime and the rest just suck and can't catch or run routes.

i'd take about 20 nfl wide receivers before deandra dropkins though

pgardn
10-07-2018, 11:21 PM
mahomes is better than dak, but he's not elite. today proved it. he can make easy throws... so can shitty watson, scam newton and yes, even dak. he isn't a good decision maker and throws bad int's when it's not there.

Darnold and Rosen really impressed today

You are a fckn color clown idiot.
That is all.

Millennial_Messiah
10-07-2018, 11:26 PM
You are a fckn color clown idiot.
That is all.
Story of the Cowboys in the 21st century:

All time faggot Bill Parcells determinedly drafts Marcus Spears over Aaron Rodgers when the writing was on the wall that Drew Bledsoe was just about done.

All because Parcells just so had to have a 5-tech DT... well, a DE for his shitty 3-4 defense (after drafting Ware) which is easily the least important position in a 3-4 defense... instead of taking our QB of the future.

Instead we got stuck with shitty Bledsoe, shitty Romo and even shittier Dak. And Rodgers is still the GOAT doing GOAT things. Fuck this team tbh.

spurraider21
10-08-2018, 01:20 AM
The difference.

Houston has a non-dogshit receiver.
fify

manufan10
10-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Story of the Cowboys in the 21st century:

All time faggot Bill Parcells determinedly drafts Marcus Spears over Aaron Rodgers when the writing was on the wall that Drew Bledsoe was just about done.

All because Parcells just so had to have a 5-tech DT... well, a DE for his shitty 3-4 defense (after drafting Ware) which is easily the least important position in a 3-4 defense... instead of taking our QB of the future.

Instead we got stuck with shitty Bledsoe, shitty Romo and even shittier Dak. And Rodgers is still the GOAT doing GOAT things. Fuck this team tbh.

:lol acting like things would have been different.

The defense still sucked for all of those years. As great as Rodgers is, he still only has one ring.

manufan10
10-08-2018, 07:56 AM
If you take away the "Hail Mary" to Austin, Dak had 36 yards passing in the second half and overtime... Heck even the 77 yards he had were abysmal. The offense is so vanilla. They're averaging 16 points this season. Teams are daring Dak to beat them through the air, and he just hasn't been able to do it.

Garrett plays too conservative. He also always challenges the worst plays to possibly challenge, and usually at the most inopportune time. This staff needs to go.

leemajors
10-08-2018, 09:18 AM
trade for fullback who gets 2-3 snaps a game, but on 3rd and 2 in OT you have Beasley line up behind Zeke for no reason.

leemajors
10-08-2018, 09:24 AM
If you take away the "Hail Mary" to Austin, Dak had 36 yards passing in the second half and overtime... Heck even the 77 yards he had were abysmal. The offense is so vanilla. They're averaging 16 points this season. Teams are daring Dak to beat them through the air, and he just hasn't been able to do it.

Garrett plays too conservative. He also always challenges the worst plays to possibly challenge, and usually at the most inopportune time. This staff needs to go.

Dak holds on to the ball for way too long. Watson is a lot more accurate.

DJR210
10-08-2018, 01:59 PM
At this point I wouldn't mind seeing the team plane crashed en route to their next game. As long as the Jones family and front office is also on board, I'd be good with that.

spurraider21
10-08-2018, 03:31 PM
thought Dak looked really impressive last night, tbh

Chris
10-08-2018, 05:07 PM
trade for fullback who gets 2-3 snaps a game, but on 3rd and 2 in OT you have Beasley line up behind Zeke for no reason.

Bring back Butler and only use him for one snap...Linnehan needs to go

leemajors
10-08-2018, 06:47 PM

Butler isn't the answer either, they should clean house except for Richard, Marinelli was going to retire anyway.

JasonGarrett
10-08-2018, 09:59 PM

Thank you for your observation...we're going to evaluate and look at the tape......look at the tape.....I can't wipe my ass until I look at the tape....

Pelicans78
10-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Thank you for your observation...we're going to evaluate and look at the tape......look at the tape.....I can't wipe my ass until I look at the tape....

:lol

Pelicans78
10-08-2018, 10:04 PM

Part and parcel of being a Cowboys fan

Millennial_Messiah
10-09-2018, 01:22 AM
Butler isn't the answer either, they should clean house except for Richard, Marinelli was going to retire anyway.

make Darrell Bevell the OC and Richard the HC and let him pick his DC

Millennial_Messiah
10-09-2018, 01:23 AM
At this point I wouldn't mind seeing the team plane crashed en route to their next game. As long as the Jones family and front office is also on board, I'd be good with that.

Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch played A++ games last night, though.

It's time for Snake Lee to retire and become LB coach -- dude just can't stay healthy enough to play.

Darth_Pelican
10-10-2018, 10:49 AM
If the Cowboys lose Sunday, Garrett will be fired on Monday. The time has come.

chunticakes
10-10-2018, 11:39 AM

He's losing the team like how Wade Phillips did. Did you see how pissed Zeke looked after Garrett punted the other night? I mean you spend a top fve pick on a fucking running back and have three first round picks invested in the offensive line and WON'T go for it there?

:clap

leemajors
10-10-2018, 03:40 PM

I just can't believe they went all in on Linehan.

manufan10
10-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Add Hurns to the list of disgruntled players. He called out the Cowboys offensive game plan and scheme. Basically reiterated what Dez said at the end of last season.

Millennial_Messiah
10-13-2018, 06:06 PM
He's losing the team like how Wade Phillips did. Did you see how pissed Zeke looked after Garrett punted the other night? I mean you spend a top fve pick on a fucking running back and have three first round picks invested in the offensive line and WON'T go for it there?

:clap
Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrheaclap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap gonorrhea

DJR210
10-15-2018, 03:37 PM
A few thoughts:

-Good to see the training wheels come off of Dak. He controlled the game and made the plays he needed to make. 82 yards rushing for a QB is excellent

-"Jumbo" Joe Looney playing great football right now. He was out lead blocking for Zeke last week 40 yards downfield, and overall hasn't made any major mistakes. He has made Frederick's injury basically a non-issue at this point

-Jaylon Smith's ascent into stardom continues. Hard hitter, fast as hell sideline to sideline, and great instincts. One hell of a gamble taking him in the 2nd round, and the Cowboys front office at this point looks brilliant for the risk.

-Vander Esch didn't seem like an attractive pick in the draft, and leading up to the first week of the season he looked like a bust IMO.. But ever since the second game he has really started to come on, and you can see the chemistry he is building with Smith. That's gonna be one HELL of a duo in a year or so.

-What's with the myth that Deonte Thompson has "world class speed"? - Dude looks fat and slow

-A week of scrutiny led to some better decision making from Garrett. Does he regress back into conservative fag mode after the big win, or does he keep the momentum rolling and take the necessary risks against the Redskins?

-Gathers with another decent play this week.. He needs to make the jump to TE2 this week, Jarwin is trash. Hopefully the trend continues, would be a huge win if Gathers could become TE1 by season's end

Mark Celibate
10-15-2018, 10:00 PM
-A week of scrutiny led to some better decision making from Garrett. Does he regress back into conservative fag mode after the big win, or does he keep the momentum rolling and take the necessary risks against the Redskins?

Might look good, but the GarrettBot has a history of being a lameduck reactive coach after heavy media scrutiny. He'll go the extreme in the opposite direction no matter what scenario he encounters the next week.

rofl I remember a few years ago they were blowing out some team, but Romo had a terrible second half and threw a couple of pick sixes to let them back in the game. I can't recall who their opponent was, but I remember they ended up collapsing and losing in typical Cowboys fashion. All week people were saying "Why not run it, give it to Murray, etc".

And what happens next week? The faggot ginger coach goes to New England and actually has the lead most of the fourth quarter but is hellbent on running 100% of the time. But they only had like a four point lead and they kept running into 3 and outs before Brady (shocker) led them back because they kept giving them chance after chance. This is why I can't stand the faggot. He has no balls, and as much as he preaches his pseudo-Buddhist "block out the noise" BS, you can tell he's always bothered by what the media says.

Look at this past game. Sure enough, he gets a 4th and 1 and goes for it both times. Yeah, yeah the first one he can go ahead and pat himself on the back but the last one he was up by 30 points late in the fourth quarter. Too little too late, absolutely no need :lmao

Millennial_Messiah
10-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Might look good, but the GarrettBot has a history of being a lameduck reactive coach after heavy media scrutiny. He'll go the extreme in the opposite direction no matter what scenario he encounters the next week.

rofl I remember a few years ago they were blowing out some team, but Romo had a terrible second half and threw a couple of pick sixes to let them back in the game. I can't recall who their opponent was, but I remember they ended up collapsing and losing in typical Cowboys fashion. All week people were saying "Why not run it, give it to Murray, etc".

And what happens next week? The faggot ginger coach goes to New England and actually has the lead most of the fourth quarter but is hellbent on running 100% of the time. But they only had like a four point lead and they kept running into 3 and outs before Brady (shocker) led them back because they kept giving them chance after chance. This is why I can't stand the faggot. He has no balls, and as much as he preaches his pseudo-Buddhist "block out the noise" BS, you can tell he's always bothered by what the media says.

Look at this past game. Sure enough, he gets a 4th and 1 and goes for it both times. Yeah, yeah the first one he can go ahead and pat himself on the back but the last one he was up by 30 points late in the fourth quarter. Too little too late, absolutely no need :lmao

Though the Cowboys do own the Redskins for the most part. A win here still puts them on the 8-8 track.

DJR210
10-18-2018, 04:49 PM
:lol Terrance Williams suspended 3 games for violating the substance abuse policy.. I'm guessing he's been chilling with Gregory and David Irving blowing sweets

leemajors
10-18-2018, 04:59 PM
:lol Terrance Williams suspended 3 games for violating the substance abuse policy.. I'm guessing he's been chilling with Gregory and David Irving blowing sweets

why does it take so fucking long, he should have been suspended months ago.

Chris
10-18-2018, 05:41 PM
I heard he got suspended for driving a scooter while he was drunk. He is already on IR so I'm guessing R.I.P

Just need the Raiders to give us Cooper - I would do a 3rd and a 4th pick not worth a 1st or 2nd

Millennial_Messiah
10-18-2018, 09:42 PM
I heard he got suspended for driving a scooter while he was drunk. He is already on IR so I'm guessing R.I.P

Just need the Raiders to give us Cooper - I would do a 3rd and a 4th pick not worth a 1st or 2nd
I wouldn't give him a 3rd AND a 4th.

Hoping for Nick Bosa in next year's draft, but we'll probably end up with Safety Deionte Thompson or something... which is fine with me as well.

DJR210
10-19-2018, 02:35 AM
Hell no to a 3rd and 4th.. Great players on the cheap can be had there. Not even a 3rd.

They're dumping him for a reason, there's no reason not to low ball or gtfoh

manufan10
10-19-2018, 07:51 AM
Suspending players who are on the IR is dumb. They should serve it after they're taken off the IR.

Spurs Homer
10-21-2018, 10:28 PM
This piece of shit played "not to lose" again.

The cowboys had more than enough time to take a shot in the end zone TO WIN before settling for a chance to tie - but instead ran a running play to kick a long ass field goal.

Wouldn't have mattered - even if they had made it -
by being a pussy and playing "not to lose"

they would have lost in OT had they made the FG.

DJR210
10-22-2018, 02:51 AM
This piece of shit played "not to lose" again.

The cowboys had more than enough time to take a shot in the end zone TO WIN before settling for a chance to tie - but instead ran a running play to kick a long ass field goal.

Wouldn't have mattered - even if they had made it -
by being a pussy and playing "not to lose"

they would have lost in OT had they made the FG.

Jason Garrett is a huge pussy, a shitty manager of the game clock, a shitty leader and motivator, and a horrible decision maker. There's no way he returns after the season.

The offensive line is trash as is. My cousin and I had a debate on the state of the OL prior to the season, and he was right. The poor play of the line was going to be a recurring topic all year. Tyron has looked done in all but one game and needs to replace Collins at RT at this point. He has zero mobility. Conor is an undersized wimp and a mistake machine..

The needs on the OL are gonna make it tough to fix needs at WR, TE, and safety.

manufan10
10-22-2018, 07:36 AM
Jason Garrett is a huge pussy, a shitty manager of the game clock, a shitty leader and motivator, and a horrible decision maker. There's no way he returns after the season.

The offensive line is trash as is. My cousin and I had a debate on the state of the OL prior to the season, and he was right. The poor play of the line was going to be a recurring topic all year. Tyron has looked done in all but one game and needs to replace Collins at RT at this point. He has zero mobility. Conor is an undersized wimp and a mistake machine..

Not to mention finding another QB.

Killakobe81
10-22-2018, 08:05 AM

Connor is not a OG he played tackle in college an needs to move to RT ...
Tyron is mediocre he can handle speed rushers and is far from his all-Pro futue HOF prime we wil need a new LT in a year or two but La'el is not that he needs to be moved back to OG.
Travis if healthy should be fine at C and Martin is a beast ...

Gallup is a fine #2 WR and Cole is a good slot guy we need a #1 WR badly a bluechip TE and at least one safety ...
That is why I would not trade for Amari at least not a 1st we have to many holes to fill (ha that is aht she said!!)

DJR210
10-22-2018, 08:07 AM
Not to mention finding another QB.

Yeah, Dak is the story of the last 20 years of Cowboys football: Mediocre.

Dude is good game bad game defined.. Simply cannot string together multiple games in a row performing at an above average level. Sure, his O-Line is playing like shit and has him improvising on half of his plays, but shit, look at that POS screen pass in the 4th he threw to Zeke that he missed on.. The fucking ball was 3 foot in front of him.. Dude overthrew a fucking screen pass.

Because Dak is on such a bargain of a deal and the offense by committee approach is clearly a failed experiment, I don't see them addressing the position until after next season.

DJR210
10-22-2018, 08:27 AM
Connor is not a OG he played tackle in college an needs to move to RT ...
Tyron is mediocre he can handle speed rushers and is far from his all-Pro futue HOF prime we wil need a new LT in a year or two but La'el is not that he needs to be moved back to OG.
Travis if healthy should be fine at C and Martin is a beast ...

Gallup is a fine #2 WR and Cole is a good slot guy we need a #1 WR badly a bluechip TE and at least one safety ...
That is why I would not trade for Amari at least not a 1st we have to many holes to fill (ha that is aht she said!!)

Conor is not only on the shorter side for tackles, he has minimal bulk with much muscle mass or fat. He gets beat too often leading to unnecessary holding penalties. Dude needs to put on 20+ lbs this offseason, and if he can't you have to wonder about his work ethic and commitment.

Tyron's poor play is magnified when you take that now terrible contract into consideration. This MF has SIX MORE seasons on the books.. I believe if he's cut by 2020 it's still over 5 million in dead money. The Cowboys are in dead money hell and it's forcing them to be almost non-existent in FA.

La'el is a "bust" - I say it in quotes as he didn't go in the early 1st round like he was slotted too, but for a dude that was that highly rated pre-investigation reports, he should holding down that right side easily with Martin as his partner. He's fucking up several times a game, and not flashing any of those athletic and strength marvel plays he teased us on earlier in his career. Joe Looney is out playing him on the line for sure.

Martin is a beast. Consistent as ever, and the lone bright spot on the line. Travis, assuming he returns with the ailment completely behind him should resume as the best center in football for the next few seasons.

Gallup looks good. Wait til he's more experienced and confident.

TE is a position that needs to be properly addressed already. Witten showed us for all those years how dangerous he makes the offense with his route running and sure hands. We can't continue to rotate late picks and converted basketball players in and hope to get lucky anymore.

Amari Cooper being 24 and put on the market is pretty concerning. He wants to get paid, and his play dating back to last season sharing the lead in drops doesn't warrant a raise. I don't even know if I would want to risk a 4th rounder on him, especially without a pass first QB. Could use that 4th on a receiver as there is usually still WR value there.

leemajors
10-22-2018, 08:34 AM
As Zeke said, communication on the offense is terrible on the road, especially the line. Looney has done ok, but he is no Frederick. I think if/when he comes back there will be a noticeable difference in their road play, but it's just gonna be too late.

spurraider21
10-22-2018, 02:16 PM
cowboys just traded a first round pick for Amari Cooper

leemajors
10-22-2018, 02:16 PM
why a first rounder

Darth_Pelican
10-22-2018, 02:17 PM
A 1st Round Pick??? :lmao Jerruh

clambake
10-22-2018, 02:18 PM
who's gonna throw it to him?

spurraider21
10-22-2018, 02:23 PM
he's on the hook for 14 mil next season but has nothing beyond that... so i'm assuming they're going to have to lock him into an extension this summer

raiders are doing what the rams did... cleaning house before moving to a new city. honestly i have no clue what happened to cooper.

Killakobe81
10-22-2018, 02:25 PM

Congrats big homey you just fleeced our ass ...
First Joey Galloway
2nd Roy Williams
now Amari Cooper ...

When will we learn?
Im switching to my mistress teams Raiders/Rams yll left me broke my heart as a kid ...so I started rooting for my daddy's cowboys in 1988 ... I want to apply for an application to the top and bottom of the bandwaggon willl Raider and Rams fans take this Cowboy diehard fed up with the Jerrah regime?!

chunticakes
10-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Just when I thought I was numb to this team they kill my offseason hope and trade a likely top 15 pick for a one year rental. Here's to another year of Dak and Garrett. :pctoss

Mugen
10-22-2018, 02:29 PM
:lmao holy fuck, thank you Jerruh

Mugen
10-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Top 5 pick, Top 15 pick from the Cowboys, and a likely top 20 pick from the Bears. I'm sure the Raiders will fuck up the draft somehow but that's a pretty damn good start to a rebuild tbh.

chunticakes
10-22-2018, 02:32 PM

If the season ended today our pick would be #9 overall. :lol

spurraider21
10-22-2018, 02:33 PM
yeah, we cashed out on cooper pretty good. didn't think he would fetch a first rounder after last 1.5 seasons... and right before his salary was set to skyrocket and he was going to be in line for a new contract.

its still a shame that he flamed out the way he did. he killed it as a rookie and soph, looked like he'd be one of the better receivers in the league for a long time. maybe all he needed was a change of scenery but i dont think Dak is the guy who's going to get the greatness out of him

DJR210
10-22-2018, 02:46 PM
LMFAOOO

Cowboys love themselves piece of shit receivers who can't catch :lol

Dear god I fucking hate this team. They should have bundled in Jaylon and Vander Esch too, since we're in the business of building other team's futures

DJR210
10-22-2018, 02:48 PM
This stupid fucking son of a bitch didn't learn from the Roy Williams debacle.. And im sure JG was sitting there with his makeup all over his fucking ginger face clapping and smiling while Jerry was on the phone with Oakland..

DJR210
10-22-2018, 02:50 PM
These mother fuckers weren't happy with just ruining my Sunday, they made sure to get up early and fuck up my Monday too..

spurraider21 props bro, yall raped us real nice

Killakobe81
10-22-2018, 02:51 PM
This stupid fucking son of a bitch didn't learn from the Roy Williams debacle.. And im sure JG was sitting there with his makeup all over his fucking ginger face clapping and smiling while Jerry was on the phone with Oakland..

Roy?
Shiiiiiiiiit we did the same with Galloway before that ...

Only saving grace Iheard Cris Carter speak on it he says Amari is legit but something wasnt right like he lost his love of the game in Oakland ...
I hope he is right but I doubt it, fool me once shame on you fool me twice we going for thrice, smh !!!

chunticakes
10-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Roy?

Only saving grace Iheard Cris Carter speak on it he says Amari is legit but something wasnt right like he lost his love of the game in Oakland ...
I hope he is right but I doubt it, fool me once shame on you fool me twice we going for thrice, smh !!!

And what good is a WR when you have a QB with a high school arm.

SpursforSix
10-22-2018, 03:01 PM
And what good is a WR when you have a QB with a high school arm.

Bend over, I'll fucking give you a high school arm.

chunticakes
10-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Bend over, I'll fucking give you a high school arm.

What are you? The Detroit Dons?

HarlemHeat37
10-22-2018, 03:12 PM
I haven't been watching their games this year, how the hell is Cole Beasley currently a #1 receiver?:lol how is that possible?

SpursforSix
10-22-2018, 03:26 PM
I haven't been watching their games this year, how the hell is Cole Beasley currently a #1 receiver?:lol how is that possible?

that's racist

DJR210
10-22-2018, 03:44 PM
why a first rounder

Jerry is the antichrist
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9569370)

who's gonna throw it to him?

Which is the point that makes the trade all the more retarded

Congrats big homey you just fleeced our ass ...
First Joey Galloway
2nd Roy Williams
now Amari Cooper ...

When will we learn?
Im switching to my mistress teams Raiders/Rams yll left me broke my heart as a kid ...so I started rooting for my daddy's cowboys in 1988 ... I want to apply for an application to the top and bottom of the bandwaggon willl Raider and Rams fans take this Cowboy diehard fed up with the Jerrah regime?!

We don't deserve what Dallas is putting us through. With all the anger, stress, heartbreak I know for a fact these mother fuckers costed me at least a decade off my life

Roy?

Oh dear God..

Cole Beasley was the #1 two seasons ago when they still had Dez, Witten, and Williams all playing well individually.. Dak likes him. Should he be our number #1? Hell no.

FkLA
10-22-2018, 04:49 PM
Bring Morgan home, Jerruh.

Gets treated like a grunt in Minny because he is an elite blocker and they already have Rudolph but the dude can catch as well. Carried the UTSA offense his senior year and his receiving was the biggest reason he ended up being an All-American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Ey20PeRIk

Blake
10-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Lol Cowboys.

Chris
10-22-2018, 06:12 PM
VVjWFjYl9mA

Chris
10-22-2018, 06:14 PM

:pctoss

AaronY
10-22-2018, 06:57 PM
:pctoss
hee hee so happy you're upset

Chris
10-22-2018, 08:32 PM
hee hee so happy you're upset

^ the troll thing

Killakobe81
10-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Jerry is the antichrist
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9569370)

Which is the point that makes the trade all the more retarded

We don't deserve what Dallas is putting us through. With all the anger, stress, heartbreak I know for a fact these mother fuckers costed me at least a decade off my life

Oh dear God..

Cole Beasley was the #1 two seasons ago when they still had Dez, Witten, and Williams all playing well individually.. Dak likes him. Should he be our number #1? Hell no.

POTY you have moved up several notches in my book

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Bring Morgan home, Jerruh.

Gets treated like a grunt in Minny because he is an elite blocker and they already have Rudolph but the dude can catch as well. Carried the UTSA offense his senior year and his receiving was the biggest reason he ended up being an All-American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Ey20PeRIk

Morgan also has played center on occasion in Minnesota. Not going to maul people there at 6'4" 270-275 pounds, but could be a heck of a zone blocker and fast. If Frederick's out could be a better option there than slow fat Looney. When Frederick comes back Morgan can be a better tight end than Swaim with his dual threat. South Central Texas area kid. I like that player.

leemajors
10-29-2018, 02:27 PM
Colombo time, Alexander finally fired.

DJR210
10-29-2018, 05:09 PM
Colombo time, Alexander finally fired.

Surely he has to play a part in their regression.. yes, we're injured and players like Tyron are in decline, but how do you explain La'el falling off a cliff? He was at RT last year, and was on the rise. Either they aren't motivated, or the technique and scheme they're being asked to learn is bullshit

DJR210
10-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Today is another indicator of why Dallas will not take the next step under the current regime.. Coukd have bolstered the offense with Cowboy killer Golden Tate and Demaryius Thomas, but no, they gambled their 1st and that's enough to generate some buzz and allevaite the hot seat for JG.. All that defensive depth something could have been done

SpursforSix
10-30-2018, 03:09 PM
Today is another indicator of why Dallas will not take the next step under the current regime.. Coukd have bolstered the offense with Cowboy killer Golden Tate and Demaryius Thomas, but no, they gambled their 1st and that's enough to generate some buzz and allevaite the hot seat for JG.. All that defensive depth something could have been done

Seems like Tate would have been a good fit. Now he's on the Eagles. Oh and the first round pick is gone.

I

DJR210
10-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Seems like Tate would have been a good fit. Now he's on the Eagles. Oh and the first round pick is gone.

Watch Golden Tate have monster games in both games against Philly too.

leemajors
10-30-2018, 03:58 PM

Not sure, Cooper is 6 years younger than DT.

JohnnyD
10-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Looking at their remaining schedule and being as optimistic as I can be, I can only see an 8-8 season. Hope I'm wrong.

Cooper a big plus.

Millennial_Messiah
10-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Looking at their remaining schedule and being as optimistic as I can be, I can only see an 8-8 season. Hope I'm wrong.

Cooper a big plus.

Jerry considers an 8-8 season a success

JohnnyD
10-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Jerry considers an 8-8 season a success

I think the game is better when the Cowboys are contenders.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Not really a surprise tbh

1) by a mile the best route runner on the team
2) no other WR is worth a damn

That and the familiarity leads to Dak locking in on him

DJR210
11-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Conference regarding a "football related matter" scheduled for Friday..

My sources are telling me that Travis Frederick will announce his retirement from football :cry

Edit* thank god it's a ROH announcement

StinkyWeezleteats
11-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Lol Cowboys.

LOL Chiefs inevitable meltdown in the 2nd half of the season

DJR210
11-05-2018, 11:11 PM
La'el has GOT to be replaced by Fleming. He's absolutely trash

spurraider21
11-05-2018, 11:12 PM
:lmao "super bowl good"

chunticakes
11-06-2018, 01:28 AM
La'el has GOT to be replaced by Fleming. He's absolutely trash

Him and Connor Williams.

JohnnyD
11-06-2018, 02:45 AM
Being realistic. The Cowboys will finish 6-10, and see a 5-11 before a 7-9.

It is time to dump Garrett and Dak isn't the answer.

Like everyone else I saw no fire at all with stars on their helmet. And Zeke does look a little sluggish to me, where's that zip?

Serious problems in Dallas.

DJR210
11-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Him and Connor Williams.

Yeah, Williams is a waste. Makes no sense drafting that little mf. There had to have been a Wisconsin lineman available at that point somewhere..

DJR210
11-06-2018, 08:35 AM
At this point the consolation prize would be serving that ginger mf his long overdue pink slip, hopefully publicly.

Mark Celibate
11-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Tbh at first I didn’t think this was that bad of a trade considering Cooper is only 24 anyway and is expected to produce the same numbers a first round pick WR would.

the trade really backfires though, when the Cowjews realize Dak is not the answer and they begin to kick themselves knowing that high 1st round pick should’ve been used on a QB instead

Fabbs
11-06-2018, 10:28 AM
Demaryius Thomas goes for a 4th rounder.
I don't care for Thomas but how the h does Thomas go for a 4th since Cooper went for a 1st?

Dallas Jerrah Jones overpaid, Denver under traded or both?

Mark Celibate
11-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Demaryius Thomas goes for a 4th rounder.
I don't care for Thomas but how the h does Thomas go for a 4th since Cooper went for a 1st?

Dallas Jerrah Jones overpaid, Denver under traded or both?

Age difference I'd imagine Thomas is 30 and Cooper is 24. Dallas probably overpaid too tbh

Millennial_Messiah
11-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Age difference I'd imagine Thomas is 30 and Cooper is 24. Dallas probably overpaid too tbh

Maybe Dallas will get lucky and Cooper will shine this year but Dallas will continue to lose, and they'll pull a New England/Brandin Cooks and get a 1st back for him at the last minute next year. To a win now team.

DJR210
11-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Tbh at first I didn’t think this was that bad of a trade considering Cooper is only 24 anyway and is expected to produce the same numbers a first round pick WR would.

the trade really backfires though, when the Cowjews realize Dak is not the answer and they begin to kick themselves knowing that high 1st round pick should’ve been used on a QB instead

The thing is though, a good team doesn't draft a WR in the 1st round.. Either way, none of this matters because:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-jones-dak-prescott-will-be-extended

Millennial_Messiah
11-06-2018, 02:21 PM
The thing is though, a good team doesn't draft a WR in the 1st round.. Either way, none of this matters because:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-jones-dak-prescott-will-be-extended

4-12 and Garrett and Linehan get the axe. Marinelli was pretty bad last night, too. We have an elite front 7, and they're not getting home to the QB on 3rd down... scheme is the problem.

Dak wasn't great last night, but the biggest problem was not getting off the field on 3rd & long all nite... Marinelli needs to go.

Millennial_Messiah
11-06-2018, 02:26 PM
If Linehan is gone, that means that weirdo Kellen Moore is also likely gone... good riddance, he's been a terrible influence on Dak ever since he took over at QB coach last year.