12-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Bitches! Sup? We Finals bound or what? :lobt2:

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2018, 10:21 AM
4th seed ain't far away. I'd say ceiling is WCF if they add a 3-and-D wing

offset formation
12-20-2018, 10:31 AM

Let's tap the brakes a bit. We are starting to round into shape undoubtedly, but over the next two weeks, we will be playing last year's WC #1 seed once, last year and this year's EC #1 seed once, last year's EC #2 seed once, and this year's WC #1 seed twice. Plus a couple other playoff contenders. And it doesn't get any easier after that. We get the Thunder twice, and some tough road games and back to backs. This might be our toughest schedule portion of the entire year over the next month.

Point is, since the team is still learning and growing, I wouldn't bet on having too much of a better win percentage in a month than we do now.

playbonner15
12-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Still lowering my expectation to 8th seed and first round exit :lol If Murray and Walker are both healthy and contributing and anchoring the defense, my expectation will be up to WCF. But right now just enjoying the wins.

skin27
12-20-2018, 11:52 AM
We will see in a couple of weeks if this team is really capable of beating good teams..
after the wolves game the next 6 games are pretty tough(except maybe clippers).

skin27
12-20-2018, 12:25 PM
Last year at this point of the season we are 21-10. I hope those wins will pile up in January and february were last year’s spurs got their losses

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Let's tap the brakes a bit. We are starting to round into shape undoubtedly, but over the next two weeks, we will be playing last year's WC #1 seed once, last year and this year's EC #1 seed once, last year's EC #2 seed once, and this year's WC #1 seed twice. Plus a couple other playoff contenders. And it doesn't get any easier after that. We get the Thunder twice, and some tough road games and back to backs. This might be our toughest schedule portion of the entire year over the next month.

Point is, since the team is still learning and growing, I wouldn't bet on having too much of a better win percentage in a month than we do now.

me neither. I said ceiling and that only if they add a 3-and-D wing which would be huge. With that being said our schedule gets easier in march/april where we might be able to go on one of those classic Spurs winning streaks

John B
12-20-2018, 01:13 PM
Last year at this point of the season we are 21-10. I hope those wins will pile up in January and february were last year’s spurs got their losses
Wow and Spurs barely made the playoffs. Spurs have a higher both offensive and defensive rating at least the last 6 games. We just hope it continues and should get better as the season continues. Tbh those loses to Bulls, Suns, Griz really hurt

K...
12-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Eight seed.... Beat the nuggets, beat 4/5..... Then the warriors I guess, then kawhi ..... Snap snap

Chucho
12-20-2018, 01:16 PM
OP said he was done with the Spurs like less than a week ago...

RD2191
12-20-2018, 02:08 PM
OP said he was done with the Spurs like less than a week ago...

Why you bringing up old stuff?

Chucho
12-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Why you bringing up old stuff?

LOL

TimmyBuckets
12-20-2018, 02:21 PM
:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub

SAGirl
12-20-2018, 02:21 PM
Bitches! Sup? We Finals bound or what? :lobt2:

Sure. The Sky is the limit!!!!!
Believeeeeee!!!!
:lobt:

offset formation
12-20-2018, 02:26 PM
me neither. I said ceiling and that only if they add a 3-and-D wing which would be huge. With that being said our schedule gets easier in march/april where we might be able to go on one of those classic Spurs winning streaks

Agreed. March and April is where the team will really make its seeding push. Until then, they need to at least tread water, as unhappy as that is going to make lots of posters. If they solidify even faster and win 60 or 70% of the games coming up, then the team might have a higher ceiling than I'm giving them the opportunity to achieve at this moment -- and I'm a self proclaimed Spurs-homer.

It seems this team will be better, faster than I expected though.

UnWantedTheory
12-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Sure. The Sky is the limit!!!!!
Believeeeeee!!!!
:lobt:

Or the limit is the sky.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-20-2018, 06:31 PM
The crazy thing is how big a turnaround both Texas teams have had. Both Houston and us were the 14th seed at one point (thank goodness for Phoenix lol) and yet both the Spurs and Rockets are now in the playoffs. I don't know how long we can sustain this streak and what the ceiling is on the team, but it's going to be an entertaining year bc every game seems so important this year as compared to other years where Pop would throw games. The regular season actually matters again and it's made for a fun, hair pulling experience

ECOV
12-20-2018, 06:45 PM
The crazy thing is how big a turnaround both Texas teams have had. Both Houston and us were the 14th seed at one point (thank goodness for Phoenix lol) and yet both the Spurs and Rockets are now in the playoffs. I don't know how long we can sustain this streak and what the ceiling is on the team, but it's going to be an entertaining year bc every game seems so important this year as compared to other years where Pop would throw games. The regular season actually matters again and it's made for a fun, hair pulling experience

This

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2018, 07:21 PM
if the spurms cant get a legit 3d player to put them over

i suggest either one of the younger players move up a position....its not like spurs need white/murry to be playing pg most of the time in a positionless league today...

NASpurs
12-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Chris Paul went out with a hamstring injury. Might move up to 7 tonight.

Dex
12-20-2018, 09:11 PM

Either way, doesn't bode well for Houston's longevity. They are just now starting to get things together and looks like they could be without Paul for a good period again.

Dex
12-20-2018, 09:12 PM
God I hate watching Harden play...nothing but flopping into players and shooting showboat stepback threes.

NASpurs
12-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Either way, doesn't bode well for Houston's longevity. They are just now starting to get things together and looks like they could be without Paul for a good period again.

Well not only this season but going forward too. The guy is breaking down and that horrendous contract... yikes. They're going to be really fucked for a long time.

r0drig0lac
12-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Heat with zone def for a few minutes, interesting

daslicer
12-20-2018, 09:41 PM
If they avoid playing the Warriors and Rox in round 1 then I think they have a shot at an upset.

skin27
12-20-2018, 09:43 PM

Spurs will lose tomorrow To fuck up the chance on moving up..

DAF86
12-20-2018, 10:42 PM
7th seed bitches.

skin27
12-20-2018, 10:42 PM
7th seed fellas!!

DAF86
12-20-2018, 10:43 PM
And for Saturday Paul out with a hamstring injury. And Harden out with concussion protocol?

skin27
12-20-2018, 10:52 PM
:lol Spurs hoping other teams to lose to move up on standings..

playbonner15
12-20-2018, 11:40 PM
If it lets the Spurs sniff the playoffs then it's fine :lol

Dverde
12-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Outdated post...Spurs the 7th seed with #6 and #8 playing each other.

timtonymanu
12-20-2018, 11:58 PM
:lol SW division
:lol Spurs actually leading it right now

Remember when our division was the strongest?

skin27
12-21-2018, 12:18 AM

Remember when our division was the strongest?

yup..lol
before spurs, rockets and Mavs are automatic in the playoffs but now they are fighting’s for the 8th seed..lol

John B
12-21-2018, 01:20 AM
Somebody reminds me it’s still December and we’re talking seeding? :lol:lol:lol

skin27
12-21-2018, 01:46 AM

spurs sucks that’s why we have to be concious in winning regular season games..

spurs should treat every ducking game seriously..tbh

DMC
12-21-2018, 02:02 AM

The cliff diving here starts in preseason.

JPB
12-21-2018, 04:54 AM
There's definitely some momemtum and karma right now. Gotta make the best of it to pile up wins when you're on a good run this season for every team. Put your guard down a bit... before you know you're feeling Phoenix's breath on your neck.

And injuries will take an even bigger importance this season. CP40M's injury could be big, Rocks were coming along and hamstring injury are always lingering.

RC_Drunkford
12-21-2018, 10:32 AM
can't wait for the Lakers to sign Melo so they fall in the standings

exstatic
12-21-2018, 11:33 AM

You realize that's the only way for it to happen, right? I mean, literally, if they DON'T lose, you can't move up.

YGWHI
12-21-2018, 11:02 PM
I said Spurs #2 before DJ injury/White/Gasol...Then I said #4. I still think this team will get that seed or even better

Rockets are gonna lose CP3 for -at least- 2 weeks. Clippers are playing so bad...

ismael-robert
12-21-2018, 11:37 PM
6th seed female dogs...lol

rascal
12-22-2018, 12:20 AM
You fools are rooting for the playoffs. The Spurs are not winning a title this year or any other year in the near future with the current roster.

It is better for the long term of the team to get into the lottery and get lucky with a top 3 pick.
That is the only way the spurs are getting a top talent is through the lottery.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
12-22-2018, 12:26 AM
The cliff diving here starts in preseason. I think it starts in summer league.

offset formation
12-22-2018, 12:26 AM
You fools are rooting for the playoffs. The Spurs are not winning a title this year or any other year in the near future with the current roster.

It is better for the long term of the team to get into the lottery and get lucky with a top 3 pick.

What's foolish is tanking when there's no need to tank. This team might not win the title this year or next, but they could in a couple given their young talent and a solid mix of vets.

And remember, this team is currently missing two potential starters. And we have two first round picks next year. And we have among the best front offices in the NBA for drafting and free agency.

Again, you've assumed too much about the team's lack of talent based solely on about 20 games of a team with 10 new players. You're smarter than that.

ismael-robert
12-22-2018, 12:44 AM
Rascal the denver nuggets are 1 seed...the Clippers were at one point...do you fear these teams?

skin27
12-22-2018, 12:48 AM
Rascal the denver nuggets are 1 seed...the Clippers were at one point...do you fear these teams?

Nuggets maybe, they are better than the spurs so far this season

Mr. Body
12-22-2018, 12:58 AM

Warriors time is almost over. Future is wide open.

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 08:05 AM

It would be totally retarded for this franchise to tank. You are basically saying all 29 NBA teams should run a tankathon cause nobody can beat the Dubs. Spurs have been the main threat in the west if not the entire NBA ever since the Dubs existed. Draymond himself even said it. If not for Nephew sitting out last year we would've been the #1 threat again.

Add to that that the Warriors look more vulnerable than ever. Adding Cousins might actually disrupt things for them and he's coming off a major injury. Draymond can't shoot anymore and you can easily park a bad defender like Mills or Forbes on him. Add to that that they have no bench while ours is shooting lights out from 3 and you have a match up. Especially if one of the Warriors star players is injured. We still haven't seen a Warriors vs. Spurs series with both teams at full strenght so the fact if we can beat them is still up in the air. Besides that Durant is not staying there long term.

The approach should always be building your team to counter the Dubs, get in the Playoffs and hope one of Steph/KD/Klay is injured to give yourself a shot at the title. The fact that the Spurs have 2 first round draft picks next year and could easily package them with a player to move up further in the draft is making tanking look even more ridiculous

TheCultOfPersonality
12-22-2018, 09:17 AM

Remember when our division was the strongest?Those days are gone.

The SW and the SE division are 2 of the worst divisions in the NBA.

It's like the AFC East without the Patriots.

monty4329
12-22-2018, 10:42 AM

Or you can pick Gasol at #48, Jokic at #41, Green at # 35, etc

rascal
12-22-2018, 10:51 AM
It would be totally retarded for this franchise to tank. You are basically saying all 29 NBA teams should run a tankathon cause nobody can beat the Dubs. Spurs have been the main threat in the west if not the entire NBA ever since the Dubs existed. Draymond himself even said it. If not for Nephew sitting out last year we would've been the #1 threat again.

Add to that that the Warriors look more vulnerable than ever. Adding Cousins might actually disrupt things for them and he's coming off a major injury. Draymond can't shoot anymore and you can easily park a bad defender like Mills or Forbes on him. Add to that that they have no bench while ours is shooting lights out from 3 and you have a match up. Especially if one of the Warriors star players is injured. We still haven't seen a Warriors vs. Spurs series with both teams at full strenght so the fact if we can beat them is still up in the air. Besides that Durant is not staying there long term.

The approach should always be building your team to counter the Dubs, get in the Playoffs and hope one of Steph/KD/Klay is injured to give yourself a shot at the title. The fact that the Spurs have 2 first round draft picks next year and could easily package them with a player to move up further in the draft is making tanking look even more ridiculous

I never said anything about tanking because they are not tanking. The Spurs are nothing more than a middle of the pack them now and to reach the next level they are going to have to land another franchise level player and the draft is the best way to do that for the Spurs as their history is building the team through the draft. No Duncan No titles. Getting that lottery pick lead to a long run of success for thye Spurs and they need another lottery bounce to get on top. Teams don't stay the same year to year so saing The Warriors are the only threat in the near future is pretty stupid as teams can add a player or two in free agency and/or through trades to easily jump past the spurs.

Rooting for regular season wins now to take the team out of the lottery is not rooting for the future success of the team. The Toronto Spurs first round picks will be thw worst pick in the first round and the Spurs will likely not even keep it, opting not to pay the guaranteed contract and if the Spurs keep winning regular season games their own draft pick won't be a player that will make much of a difference.

RD2191
12-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Looking at the schedules, we could be the 4th seed soon if we hold our own these next few games.

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 11:29 AM
I never said anything about tanking because they are not tanking. The Spurs are nothing more than a middle of the pack them now and to reach the next level they are going to have to land another franchise level player and the draft is the best way to do that for the Spurs as their history is building the team through the draft. No Duncan No titles. Getting that lottery pick lead to a long run of success for thye Spurs and they need another lottery bounce to get on top. Teams don't stay the same year to year so saing The Warriors are the only threat in the near future is pretty stupid as teams can add a player or two in free agency and/or through trades to easily jump past the spurs.

Rooting for regular season wins now to take the team out of the lottery is not rooting for the future success of the team. The Toronto Spurs first round picks will be thw worst pick in the first round and the Spurs will likely not even keep it, opting not to pay the guaranteed contract and if the Spurs keep winning regular season games their own draft pick won't be a player that will make much of a difference.

Give this team a Bazemore type wing and it's 2nd or 3rd best in the West. And that's without DJ and Lonnie. Add the other 2 picks and the team should be a legit contender next season, especially if the young guys keep progressing. They don't need to draft a franchise player, they need to get enough youth into the rotation and then gamble that they make the leap while Aldridge/DeRozan/Gay stay on their level. And they might have late picks but their last 3 drafts got them good players and 2 of them have future All-Star potential. Dejounte Murray is a Top 10 player of the 2016 draft and was the 29th pick. If this team would tank they'd get the 7-8th pick in the draft since there are multiple tanking teams in this league. A lottery pick is not quite the difference maker that you think it is when the Spurs can find a top 10 pick with a draft pick in the lower 20s

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:34 AM
Give this team a Bazemore type wing and it's 2nd or 3rd best in the West. And that's without DJ and Lonnie. Add the other 2 picks and the team should be a legit contender next season, especially if the young guys keep progressing. They don't need to draft a franchise player, they need to get enough youth into the rotation and then gamble that they make the leap while Aldridge/DeRozan/Gay stay on their level. And they might have late picks but their last 3 drafts got them good players and 2 of them have future All-Star potential. Dejounte Murray is a Top 10 player of the 2016 draft and was the 29th pick. If this team would tank they'd get the 7-8th pick in the draft since there are multiple tanking teams in this league. A lottery pick is not quite the difference maker that you think it is when the Spurs can find a top 10 pick with a draft pick in the lower 20s

it looks like you’re A derozan fan..you don’t want to get a top so that derozan will remain as the star of the team.

i don’t think aldridge/derozan/gay can win a title..tbh..unless derozan play like 15/16 curry.

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 11:36 AM
it looks like you’re A derozan fan..you don’t want to get a top so that derozan will remain as the star of the team.

not at all. I just don't see any franchise player out there that we could get to come here. Do you? And even if you can who says he won't pull a nephew? The 3 star players we have fit the culture and are coachable. That's as much as you can ask for at this point. Also none of them is on a supermax contract. So instead of finding that franchise player why not add a 4th and 5th wheel? And if those can't be All-Stars try to get borderline All-Stars/All-NBA Defenders with a 3-point shot

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:37 AM
not at all. I just don't see any franchise player out there that we could get to come here. Do you?

Then i I think we can get that on the draft..maybe we should tank next season..

offset formation
12-22-2018, 11:40 AM

Huh? Why? Seriously, I do not get this at all.

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 11:42 AM

So who's your target as franchise player in the next draft? And is he a franchise player from the get go or do you have to wait 4-5 years to develop him?

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Huh? Why? Seriously, I do not get this at all.

we can get a franchise player on the draft..

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:43 AM
So who's your target as franchise player in the next draft? And is he a franchise player from the get go or do you have to wait 4-5 years to develop him?

did the spurs need to develop Duncan ? Duncan is already a top 5 player during his rookie season

maybe Zion..

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 11:47 AM

Duncan is a Top 5 all time player. There is no Duncan in any draft nor will there ever be another one. Zion is an undersized PF who's career is over once he suffers an injury cause all he relies on is his athleticism

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:48 AM
who

zion williamson

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 11:50 AM
and Zion in his first 2 years won't be a better player than DeMar DeRozan. Besides that you will never get him anyway since teams like Cleveland, Chicago and Phoenix will try to out tank you

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:53 AM
and Zion in his first 2 years won't be a better player than DeMar DeRozan. Besides that you will never get him anyway since teams like Cleveland, Chicago and Phoenix will try to out tank you

so you are a derozan fan

spurs can out tank anybody if pop wants it

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 11:54 AM
spurs can out tank anybody if pop wants it

so you want to build your franchise on an undersized 16.7% 3-point shooting PF?

offset formation
12-22-2018, 11:55 AM

Isn't it possible that we already have the pieces? Isn't it possible that our youth could be lethal? Imagine Bertans, Murray, Forbes, Walker, White, Poetl, and Metu with a couple more years of development and gelling.

Aldridge and Gay will still be producing for a few more years. DeRozan is still in his late 20s. And we will have two first round draft picks this year.

Again, I simply do not understand the logic of losing when the trend line is clearly upward. It's fucking stupid, is what it is. Illogic, you might say.

skin27
12-22-2018, 11:57 AM
so you want to build your franchise on an undersized 16.7% 3-point shooting PF?

Spurs can tank again..but I assure you the derozan/aldridge/gay will not win a title..

im just rooting for them to make the playoffs.

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Spurs can tank again..but I assure you the derozan/aldridge/gay will not win a title..

im just rooting for them to make the playoffs.

oh so you want to be the 76ers for the next 10 years and then once you got 10 lottery picks you go on a run to win a title in 2030. Very smart

skin27
12-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Isn't it possible that we already have the pieces? Isn't it possible that our youth could be lethal? Imagine Bertans, Murray, Forbes, Walker, White, and Metu with a couple more years of development and gelling.

Aldridge and Gay will still be producing for a few more years. DeRozan is still in his late 20s. And we will have two first round draft picks this year.

Again, I simply do not understand the logic of losing when the trend line is clearly upward. It's fucking stupid, is what it is. Illogic, you might say.

i don’t think this roster can win a title in the future..

skin27
12-22-2018, 12:02 PM
oh so you want to be the 76ers for the next 10 years and then once you got 10 lottery picks you go on a run to win a title in 2030. Very smart

Spurs organization isn’t as dumb as the 76ers in choosing a player on the draft

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Spurs organization isn’t as dumb as the 76ers in choosing a player on the draft

they also not as dumb as you which is why they won't tank

offset formation
12-22-2018, 12:07 PM
i don’t think this roster can win a title in the future..

They could be the 3 seed by the end of this year in the most skillful and complete conference the League has ever known. There are 14 teams that have a legitimate shot at at least an 8 seed. And yet we are still sooo young.

You could say we are one legit 3 and D guy away from being right back in serious contention.

skin27
12-22-2018, 12:07 PM

maybe they have a plan to trade demar in the future for a draft/franchise player that can lead a team to title..

Shakril
12-22-2018, 12:10 PM
The concept of tanking does not work. Which team that hast tanked in the last decade has became a serious title contender? Philly is not, Cleveland did not tank they were just bad, and other teams dont come into mind.
Contenders are build not by tanking, but through good scouting and knowing how to build a team. And the Spurs have proven time and time again, that they can do it. Are they contenders this year? Mayber. The way the spurs are playing rifht now and still have room for improvement i can imagine it. They are not favourite, but houston has proven that the warriors can be vulnerable.

rascal
12-22-2018, 12:17 PM

They tanked the year when Duncan was available so not out of the question that they won't tank if they get a key injury or two.

rascal
12-22-2018, 12:18 PM
The concept of tanking does not work. Which team that hast tanked in the last decade has became a serious title contender? Philly is not, Cleveland did not tank they were just bad, and other teams dont come into mind.
Contenders are build not by tanking, but through good scouting and knowing how to build a team. And the Spurs have proven time and time again, that they can do it. Are they contenders this year? Mayber. The way the spurs are playing rifht now and still have room for improvement i can imagine it. They are not favourite, but houston has proven that the warriors can be vulnerable.

Contenders are also built with tanking as the spurs tanked the year they got Duncan.

rascal
12-22-2018, 12:20 PM

A title in 2030 would be great because the Spurs current path doesn't look like a title will come before that. And I would say a coupl two or three years in the lottery can push the spurs on top if they get lucky with the lottery balls as they have been lucky in their history to get both Robinson and Duncan.

A few fools gold regular season wins against teams with injured stars or on back to backs on the road and people think this team's core as constructed is heaed for a future title.

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 12:44 PM
A title in 2030 would be great because the Spurs current path doesn't look like a title will come before that. And I would say a coupl two or three years in the lottery can push the spurs on top if they get lucky with the lottery balls as they have been lucky in their history to get both Robinson and Duncan.

A few fools gold regular season wins against teams with injured stars or on back to backs on the road and people think this team's core as constructed is heaed for a future title.

Nobody said this team is heading for a future title, we are talking about which is the best approach to get back to winning a title. The majority here says remaining competitive while developing internally makes more sense while certain posters with low basketball knowledge think tanking is the better one

rascal
12-22-2018, 12:53 PM
Nobody said this team is heading for a future title, we are talking about which is the best approach to get back to winning a title. The majority here says remaining competitive while developing internally makes more sense while certain posters with low basketball knowledge think tanking is the better one

So you believe the spurs can win a title without ever getting into the lottery. I say they can't win a title without getting into the lottery to get a franchise level player. Lottery luck was the formula for success for past spurs title condenders so the Spurs have never won a title without that top lottery pick. No Duncan No titles

boutons_deux
12-22-2018, 12:55 PM
They tanked the year when Duncan was available so not out of the question that they won't tank if they get a key injury or two.

Spurs didn't willfully tank, they were hurt badly by injuries and bad coaching, so that GM Pop became Coach Pop after first 18 games.

"Early in the 1997 season, Robinson's dreams of becoming a champion seemed to vanish when he hurt his back in the preseason.

He finally returned in December,

but six games later broke his foot in a home game against the Miami Heat, and

ended up missing the rest of the regular season.

As a result of the injury to Robinson and other key players (most notably Sean Elliott (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Elliott), who missed more than half the season),

the Spurs finished the season with a dismal 20–62 record."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_(basketball)

rascal
12-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Spurs didn't willfully tank, they were hurt badly by injuries and bad coaching, so that GM Pop became Coach Pop after first 18 games.

"Early in the 1997 season, Robinson's dreams of becoming a champion seemed to vanish when he hurt his back in the preseason.

He finally returned in December,

but six games later broke his foot in a home game against the Miami Heat, and

ended up missing the rest of the regular season.

As a result of the injury to Robinson and other key players (most notably Sean Elliott (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Elliott), who missed more than half the season),

the Spurs finished the season with a dismal 20–62 record."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_(basketball)

They tanked. I clearly remember Robinson could have come back for the final month or so but the Spurs were tanking to get a better position to have a chance to get Duncan and it worked. I was hoping Robinson would not come back and was happy with every loss that season. They clearly tanked.

RD2191
12-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Tf are you bums arguing about? Quit fagging up my thread.

rascal
12-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Tf are you bums arguing about? Quit fagging up my thread.

8 seed, sup bitches, title bound

Your thread stinks.

RD2191
12-22-2018, 02:06 PM
8 seed, sup bitches, title bound

Your thread stinks.

Fuck off pussy

RC_Drunkford
12-22-2018, 02:08 PM
So you believe the spurs can win a title without ever getting into the lottery. I say they can't win a title without getting into the lottery to get a franchise level player. Lottery luck was the formula for success for past spurs title condenders so the Spurs have never won a title without that top lottery pick. No Duncan No titles

so with that theory the Spurs were also never winning a title with Kawhi on the team since he wasn't a lottery draft pick

rascal
12-22-2018, 04:06 PM
so with that theory the Spurs were also never winning a title with Kawhi on the team since he wasn't a lottery draft pick

The Spurs were not going to win with Leonard as their best player.

RD2191
12-22-2018, 05:07 PM
The Spurs were not going to win with Leonard as their best player.

:lol lay off the crack

RD2191
12-25-2018, 10:45 AM
We'd be sitting pretty at 4 if we hadn't blown the bulls and rockets games. :pctoss

BackHome
12-26-2018, 07:40 AM
I have been surprised by the turn around but very proud the team is fighting. The way the season started I was all in the tanking. The recent wins gave me a little hope we could make a run but will see we have to win on the road to have any chance.

As as far as tanking I was just looking at a one year tank I agree we have good building blocks just need some upgrades. The main reason wanted to tank this year is for us to get a legit SF and maybe a PF and a defensive SG/SF (Matisse Thybule) with the 3 picks

As far as up upgrading I am looking at replacing Forbes with maybe a guy like Tyler Herro and if we get a starting SF with first pick then that’s an upgrade.

skin27
12-27-2018, 12:54 AM
We’re back to 8th seed folks!!

XDT76
12-27-2018, 01:01 AM
We’re back to 8th seed folks!!
No, we are not

LCM
12-27-2018, 01:32 AM
Losses to Magic, Heat, Suns, and Bulls ... that is the only difference between our current seeding and having the same record as the Golden State Warriors and tied for #1 seeding. That is crazyville!! You are kidding metown!! No Dejonte, LW4 no impact at this point. White earning and learning his place on the squad, being solid but not blowing the doors off. Jakob is flexing defensive muscle and playing a nice all around game. And "Daddy" Bertans is playing like a grown up since his baby was born! Plus, Gasol is injured, but he is on the bench with the team, he's celebrating with his team, and he's talking to his teammates during games helping to make who's playing better.

DeMar, White, Jakob, LW4, Bertans, Marco, Metu ... everyone knows they are back
Dejonte, 3 or 2 draft picks ( depending on trades ) , Moore, Eubanks, Mulitinov ... they can all be added
LMA, Mills, Gasol and Forbes use in potential trades, Gay comes back for bench role at right price.

Whatever this team's record at the end of the season is gravy! We aren't ready for a title, don't have all the horses yet. What the Spurs do with their draft picks and the trade market to improve this roster is going to be fun and interesting to watch. Next off season, the Spurs have a great opportunity to continue the shaping of the roster to build it into a consistent title contender.

skin27
12-27-2018, 10:43 AM
No, we are not

We’re 8th seed look at the Standings

BackHome
12-27-2018, 11:24 AM
The way we are playing looking like getting draft pick of 16 to 20 so in that range top 5 SG will be picked also top 5
SF will also have been picked. So with our pick in that range we can land a top PF and top 5 Center

DAF86
01-03-2019, 01:09 AM
7th seed passing the Lakers, yay!

r0drig0lac
01-03-2019, 04:29 AM
7th seed passing the Lakers, yay!

first round against GSW? https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

NASpurs
01-05-2019, 12:59 AM
6th seed now. Tiebreakers are going to be super important this year.

RD2191
01-05-2019, 01:01 AM
:lobt2:

Spurtacular
01-05-2019, 01:05 AM

How I would've saw it at the start of the season. But the team is coming together and the competition is spotty. I think it'd help if someone else beat GSW though.

skin27
01-05-2019, 01:34 AM
6th seed now. Tiebreakers are going to be super important this year.

Thank god we got the tie breaker against lakers

TimmyBuckets
01-05-2019, 01:44 AM
:bobo

ismael-robert
01-05-2019, 02:53 AM
How we above Portland didn't we lose our only game against them so far so theyd own tiebreaker

TimmyBuckets
01-05-2019, 03:14 AM
How we above Portland didn't we lose our only game against them so far so theyd own tiebreaker

https://www.landofbasketball.com/head_to_head_gl/spurs_vs_trail_blazers_game_log_season.htm - We're 1-1
http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/matchups - Tiebreakers

I haven't looked into it, but we probably meet one of the tiebreaker criteria if we're tied 1-1.

Chinook
01-05-2019, 08:59 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=spurs+schedule&oq=spurs+schedule&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i61j69i60.3767j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11f85h7_jq;3;/m/05jvx;tb2;fp;1;;

ace3g
01-06-2019, 01:18 AM
Western Conference

W
L
Pct
Conf GB
Home
Road
Div
Conf
Last 10
Streak

1 Denver (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=07&type=teamhome)
--
16-3
10-8
5-0
16-6
8-2
5 W

2 Oklahoma City (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=25&type=teamhome)
13-4
12-9
3-3
15-11
7-3
3 W

3 Golden State (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=09&type=teamhome)
15-6
11-8
6-2
16-10
6-4
1 W

4 LA Clippers (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=12&type=teamhome)
12-6
10-10
7-1
17-11
5-5
1 W

5 Houston (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=10&type=teamhome)
13-5
9-11
5-4
14-12
8-2
1 L

6 San Antonio (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=24&type=teamhome)
17-5
6-12
4-4
17-12
8-2
4 W

7 Portland (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=22&type=teamhome)
15-7
8-10
2-5
14-14
6-4
1 W

8 LA Lakers (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=13&type=teamhome)
13-8
8-10
5-2
15-12
3-7
2 L

Mr. Body
01-06-2019, 01:23 AM
Houston and SAS should keep moving up.

skin27
01-06-2019, 01:38 AM
Houston and SAS should keep moving up.

looks like Denver won’t fall off

Mr. Body
01-06-2019, 02:24 AM
looks like Denver won’t fall off

They're weird. They aren't one of the best teams in the league, but their record is stellar.

ismael-robert
01-06-2019, 02:30 AM
Its like theyve become spurs and put together elite team of non superstar blue collar guys. I expect Clippers to fall but due to our rough start we probably finish at 4

apalisoc_9
01-06-2019, 02:37 AM
Its like theyve become spurs and put together elite team of non superstar blue collar guys. I expect Clippers to fall but due to our rough start we probably finish at 4

Jokic is not a blue collar player. Not assertive enough offensively, but hes one of the most skilled bigs of all time.

skin27
01-06-2019, 02:54 AM
Back to back games against the thunder will be huge

playbonner15
01-06-2019, 04:16 AM
They're weird. They aren't one of the best teams in the league, but their record is stellar.
Coach of the year for Mike Malone if they can keep it up

r0drig0lac
01-06-2019, 04:31 AM

Jokic is a offensive superstar real, his bad game against the Spurs was the exception, usually he is destroying his opposition on the court

ceperez
01-06-2019, 10:48 AM

The new NBA game with so many possessions is taking the wind out of teams playing at mile high stadium.

D. White is immune to this problem, he grew up over there.

TimmyBuckets
01-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Watching both LA teams rn. Hoping for a double loss or just the Clips. Magic playing well rn.

ace3g
01-07-2019, 12:04 AM
Spurs have a home and away vs OKC this week:

Western Conference

W
L
Pct
Conf GB
Home
Road
Div
Conf
Last 10
Streak

1 Denver (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=07&type=teamhome)
--
16-3
10-8
5-0
16-6
8-2
5 W

2 Golden State (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=09&type=teamhome)
15-6
11-8
6-2
16-10
6-4
1 W

3 Oklahoma City (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=25&type=teamhome)
13-5
12-9
3-3
15-11
6-4
1 L

4 LA Clippers (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=12&type=teamhome)
13-6
10-10
7-1
17-11
6-4
2 W

5 Houston (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=10&type=teamhome)
13-5
9-11
5-4
14-12
8-2
1 L

6 San Antonio (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=24&type=teamhome)
17-5
6-12
4-4
17-12
8-2
4 W

7 Portland (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=22&type=teamhome)
15-7
8-10
2-5
14-14
6-4
1 W

8 LA Lakers (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=13&type=teamhome)
13-8
8-11
5-2
15-13
3-7
3 L

skin27
01-07-2019, 12:10 AM
Spurs have a home and away vs OKC this week:

Western Conference

W
L
Pct
Conf GB
Home
Road
Div
Conf
Last 10
Streak

--
16-3
10-8
5-0
16-6
8-2
5 W

2 Golden State (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=09&type=teamhome)
15-6
11-8
6-2
16-10
6-4
1 W

3 Oklahoma City (https://scores.nbcsports.com/nba/teamstats.asp?teamno=25&type=teamhome)
13-5
12-9
3-3
15-11
6-4
1 L

13-6
10-10
7-1
17-11
6-4
2 W

13-5
9-11
5-4
14-12
8-2
1 L

17-5
6-12
4-4
17-12
8-2
4 W

15-7
8-10
2-5
14-14
6-4
1 W

13-8
8-11
5-2
15-13
3-7
3 L

It it will be huge if we beat them in both games

BackHome
01-07-2019, 12:41 AM
Jokic is not a blue collar player. Not assertive enough offensively, but hes one of the most skilled bigs of all time.

Of All Time. Shut the duck up! :lol

apalisoc_9
01-07-2019, 01:41 AM
Of All Time. Shut the duck up! :lol

Name me a more diverse offensive Center player than jokic.

Down Under
01-07-2019, 01:45 AM
Jokic is the best passing Center of all time. Aside from that, he's one of the best 3 point shooters, very good post player, excellent ball handler.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-07-2019, 02:08 AM
If the 8th seed means we can avoid golden state and Houston until the WCF then sign me up.

monty4329
01-07-2019, 05:21 AM
Jokic is the best passing Center of all time. Aside from that, he's one of the best 3 point shooters, very good post player, excellent ball handler.

For the older ones here....He is a young Sabonis, with knees. He plays godly basketball.

r0drig0lac
01-07-2019, 05:48 AM
For the older ones here....He is a young Sabonis, with knees. He plays godly basketball.

probably his basketball IQ is on the same level, but young Sabonis (pre-nba) was much more athletic, besides being naturally a much bigger guy

monty4329
01-07-2019, 07:39 AM
probably his basketball IQ is on the same level, but young Sabonis (pre-nba) was much more athletic, besides being naturally a much bigger guy

Yes I overstreched it. Sabonis was probably better overall. I am so old, and lucky enough, to have seen Sabonis with the Russian junior team at 18 (I think) in Italy. Pure science fiction.

Anyway, no big have played as Jokic does, since Sabonis. Watching him is pure basketball joy. I wish he got rid of the beer belly, though :), the guy is fat.

TimmyBuckets
01-07-2019, 10:44 AM
With the way Spurs have been playing at home, the higher we rise, the more likely we land 1-4.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2019, 04:02 PM

Mr. Body
01-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Given how volatile the West has been this season, I'd take this with a grain of salt. The Lakers have a better than 30% chance of getting in, for example. I still don't get Denver.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Given how volatile the West has been this season, I'd take this with a grain of salt. The Lakers have a better than 30% chance of getting in, for example. I still don't get Denver.

No doubt.. Thought it was interesting the Rockets only have a 77% chance too

marinoman
01-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Just stay out of gsw’s bracket. 4 spot is the number imo. Gsw will end up 2 or 3

marinoman
01-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Bleacher report posted this is a trade suggestion article 3 weeks ago
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809722-nba-trade-ideas-for-leagues-most-desperate-buyers

The Spurs, meanwhile, are in a weird spot. FiveThirtyEight (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nba-predictions/)gives them less than a 5 percent chance of making the playoffs. They could throw in the towel and look to regroup next year with a high draft pick, but they prioritized a win-now centerpiece, DeMar DeRozan, in the Kawhi Leonard trade. They also cannot bank on much changing between now and next year, aside from Dejounte Murray's return.

5% to 90% in 3 weeks

Pavlov
01-07-2019, 05:23 PM
1082380131761618944https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-14-2016/OS-2kD.gif

spurraider21
01-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Jokic is the best passing Center of all time.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BTpGYJj0CW8/UoaVvx6Kf6I/AAAAAAAAAHc/mkpbCSjWL8c/s1600/Arvydas+Sabonis+1.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3-C7DRg_4Y8/UoaYOkYkuFI/AAAAAAAAAHk/XMH_Noho3a0/s320/Arvydas+Sabonis+2.gif

exstatic
01-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Spurs have played 29 WC games already, and are 17-12. Only Sac has played as many, and they’re 12-17.

What that means is that we have more EC games left than most WC teams. Denver has only played 22 WC games out of their 37. That means that they’ve already played 15 of their 30 EC games. Their schedule is about to get a lot tougher. The Spurs have only played 11 of our 30 EC games.

Mr. Body
01-07-2019, 05:38 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809722-nba-trade-ideas-for-leagues-most-desperate-buyers

The Spurs, meanwhile, are in a weird spot. FiveThirtyEight (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nba-predictions/)gives them less than a 5 percent chance of making the playoffs. They could throw in the towel and look to regroup next year with a high draft pick, but they prioritized a win-now centerpiece, DeMar DeRozan, in the Kawhi Leonard trade. They also cannot bank on much changing between now and next year, aside from Dejounte Murray's return.

5% to 90% in 3 weeks

Yeah, basically it's shit.

Mr. Body
01-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Spurs have played 29 WC games already, and are 17-12. Only Sac has played as many, and they’re 12-17.

What that means is that we have more EC games left than most WC teams. Denver has only played 22 WC games out of their 47. That means that they’ve already played 25 of their 30 EC games! Their schedule is about to get a lot tougher.

This would be it. Denver is good, but not at all this good.

exstatic
01-07-2019, 05:41 PM
This would be it. Denver is good, but not at all this good.
Check the edit. It’s still good for us. Denver has played 15 out of their 30, and we have only played 11-30.

weeks
01-07-2019, 06:05 PM

5% to 90% in 3 weeks

lol 538

exstatic
01-07-2019, 06:23 PM
lol 538

Not sure where the 5% came from. 538 has us at 48%.

DAF86
01-08-2019, 01:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BTpGYJj0CW8/UoaVvx6Kf6I/AAAAAAAAAHc/mkpbCSjWL8c/s1600/Arvydas+Sabonis+1.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3-C7DRg_4Y8/UoaYOkYkuFI/AAAAAAAAAHk/XMH_Noho3a0/s320/Arvydas+Sabonis+2.gif

Was that suppossed to be an example of good or difficult passing? :lol

skin27
01-08-2019, 01:52 AM
We have a shot at 3 seed if we win our next 3 games

MI21
01-08-2019, 02:00 AM
Was that suppossed to be an example of good or difficult passing? :lol

It's a nothing special pass, the statue pose the whole way is :lol though.

HarlemHeat37
01-08-2019, 02:59 PM
This is the only Sabonis pass I remember watching in the NBA..

Uv1qpF2AEgc

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2019, 04:52 PM
It's too bad we didn't get to see prime Sabonis in the NBA. Would have been fun.

ace3g
01-08-2019, 10:40 PM
Wolves just helped us out by beating the Thunder

GusT15
01-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Wolves pushed OKC on the first night of B2B

they play Spurs tomorrow night

then 2 days later back in OKC

Spurs could sweep that B2B

:flag:

We play Memphis tomorrow night,OKC the next day on our B2B,then OKC again.

Doesn't matter,let's win all 3!

exstatic
01-08-2019, 10:51 PM
The standings are ridiculous. If the LAC lose tonight, they would drop from 4th to 8th.

GusT15
01-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Nerlans was Ko'd

It's the Aquaman that's giving LMA trouble,Noel is not important tbh

DAF86
01-08-2019, 10:54 PM
The standings are ridiculous. If the LAC lose tonight, they would drop from 4th to 8th.

To 7th.

skin27
01-08-2019, 10:59 PM

That’s why pop should not rest derozan or aldridge on back to back

offset formation
01-08-2019, 11:02 PM

5% to 90% in 3 weeks

Someone at 538 ought to be embarrassed.

TimmyBuckets
01-08-2019, 11:04 PM

They seriously need to lose already. As do the Rockets

skin27
01-09-2019, 12:08 AM
It looks like enrique won’t give us a favor

exstatic
01-09-2019, 08:06 AM
To 7th.

You are correct. They wouldn’t have dropped past the Lakers.

Seventyniner
01-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Not sure where the 5% came from. 538 has us at 48%.

The article with the 5% number was from December 11, right after the Spurs started their turnaround.

skin27
01-09-2019, 10:33 AM
I’m sold on this team yet,,I think they can still lose 4 in row

skin27
01-09-2019, 10:27 PM
7 seed folks

RD2191
01-09-2019, 10:28 PM
:pctoss

ace3g
01-11-2019, 01:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwnAqhiUYAA0U_u.jpg:large

playbonner15
01-11-2019, 01:51 AM
:lol Rockets suddenly 7th

spurraider21
01-11-2019, 02:05 PM
if we didnt blow that fucking memphis game we'd be #4 right now and a game out of #3

TDomination
01-11-2019, 02:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwnAqhiUYAA0U_u.jpg:large

my goodness these standings are ridiculous. absolutely no margin for error lol

Duncan87
01-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Yeah seems everyone ahead of us in the middle of easy wins

spurraider21
01-11-2019, 02:15 PM
point differentials indicating that the clippers and blazers are overachieving

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
None of these teams are particularly good(including this RS version of the Warriors), Spurs have a real shot at the 1 seed..

They can beat anybody but GS if they have HCA, as well, they might even survive playoff DeRozan if they can avoid a team with a real superstar like Houston, etc..

R. DeMurre
01-11-2019, 02:49 PM
A San Antonio vs Milwaukee finals would be hilarious, and NBA advertisers would probably lose their minds.

skin27
01-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Fuck porker and the hornets for losing to the blazers

ace3g
01-12-2019, 04:33 PM
See if the Pistons can help us out:

3:16 - 2nd
T

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/det.png&h=70&w=70 (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/det/detroit-pistons)
Pistons (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/det/detroit-pistons) (17-23, 6-13 away)

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lac.png&h=70&w=70 (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/la-clippers)
Clippers (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/la-clippers) (24-17, 14-6 Home)

Seventyniner
01-12-2019, 05:17 PM
A San Antonio vs Milwaukee finals would be hilarious, and NBA advertisers would probably lose their minds.

I saw a joke about that in 2002 or so.

Bowen! Przybilla! It's the NBA Finals on NBC!

R. DeMurre
01-12-2019, 05:35 PM
I saw a joke about that in 2002 or so.

Bowen! Przybilla! It's the NBA Finals on NBC!

:lol

ace3g
01-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Pistons beat the Clippers

End of 4th
T

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/det.png&h=70&w=70 (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/det/detroit-pistons)
Pistons (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/det/detroit-pistons) (17-23, 6-13 away)

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/scoreboard/lac.png&h=70&w=70 (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/la-clippers)
Clippers (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/la-clippers) (24-17, 14-6 Home)

Barfunk
01-12-2019, 06:12 PM

The NBA would not allow that. Pretty obvious, rigged officiating would happen to prevent that matchup, imho. I mean, I could be wrong and I hope I would be.

r0drig0lac
01-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Pistons beat the Clippers

End of 4th
T

Blake was nuclear today

Mr. Body
01-12-2019, 07:35 PM
I don't see how the Clippers or Blazers finish above the Spurs, if things keep up. The rest are toss-ups. Not a lot of room for error.

LCM
01-12-2019, 11:54 PM
Over the next 10 games, before RRT starts, Spurs have 6 home - 4 away. If the Spurs go 8 - 2 in that stretch, and considering the teams the Spurs will play it's possible, they will be 33 - 21. Then you have the road trip with the All Star week in between. From the beginning of February, the Spurs will have 28 games left. Those last eight games at the end of the year are looming huge for standing purposes, and that is usually the time Pop likes to mess with rotations, rest, etc. If the Spurs want a shot at the 4 seed or higher, they will have to push those last 8 games.

These next 10 games and the last 8 games are going to shape the season the rest of the way. The Spurs could play .500 ball, 10 - 10, RRT games included in there, and the most influential games will be the next 10 coming up and the last 8 because of the level of competition the Spurs will face.

What still shocks me through everything the Spurs have gone through with the transitions, injury, developing chemistry with new players and adjusting to rotations ... the only things keeping the Spurs from the 3 or 4 seed right now is the loses to the Magic, Heat (beginning of the season), Suns, and that dud to the Bulls!! That's crazy to me ...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-14-2019, 09:54 AM
This is a dogfight year in the West. The only favorite in a WC playoff series will be the GSW. HCA will be huge.

Rusty
01-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Facing OKC in the 1st round would be a nightmare:downspin:

RD2191
01-14-2019, 11:08 AM
I don't see us getting higher than a 6th seed tbh.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-14-2019, 02:40 PM
If we don't get homecourt advantage in the first round then I hope we are atleast matched up against Denver. Or maybe the 5th seed matched up against the Lakers

Seventyniner
01-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Facing OKC in the 1st round would be a nightmare:downspin:

A+ avatar.

Larry O
01-14-2019, 04:18 PM
It's been reported on FSR that Rocketts center, Clint Capella, will be out 4-6 weeks due to a thumb injury. This may have an affect on their defense, rim protection & scoring. I believe that Nene is their backup. I also believe that this will also have an affect on their standing in the WC, especially if they start to drop "L's." If SAS can hold their own & win games, perhaps, they can surpass the Rocketts who are currently at 6! GSG!!!

Duncan87
01-14-2019, 04:21 PM
Some loses today for clippers blazers Houston should move Spurs up to 6or 5spot

RD2191
01-14-2019, 04:59 PM

What? :lol all 3 have easy wins.

Duncan87
01-14-2019, 05:05 PM
Not easy wins Memphis vs Houston no Capela. Portland in Sacramento not an easy win. Clippers vs pelicans toss up

Duncan87
01-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Not easy wins Memphis vs Houston no Capela. Portland in Sacramento not an easy win. Clippers vs pelicans toss up

Ragamuffin
01-14-2019, 06:11 PM

yea Houston without capela Gordon paul , Portland back to back away game and sacramento is revenge game , and clippers has difficult game with pelicans...

go spurs go

skin27
01-14-2019, 09:39 PM

problem is the spurs gonna lose to hornets

RD2191
01-14-2019, 10:13 PM

:lol

Duncan87
01-15-2019, 12:15 AM
Damn bad Fukin loss for Spurs blazers bout to lose as well clippers. Just like I said just thought this be an easy win for Spurs Damn

timtonymanu
01-15-2019, 12:18 AM
Damn bad Fukin loss for Spurs blazers bout to lose as well clippers. Just like I said just thought this be an easy win for Spurs Damn

We lost to the Bulls at home and Suns on the road. No such thing as easy win with this team.

Duncan87
01-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Man Gasol don’t even know what to think anymore and I also think they don’t see a problem

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Spurs just need to win games. Apparently they can't win the ones they should win

Duncan87
01-15-2019, 09:10 AM
Yeah this year No win is a guaranteed win like past years we could just chalk wins up

exstatic
01-15-2019, 04:44 PM
Spurs just need to win games. Apparently they can't win the ones they should win

Sean mentioned on the telecast last night that of EC home games, we've beaten BOS, PHI, TOR, but lost to CHI, ORL, and MIA.

skin27
01-15-2019, 10:48 PM
We should have been 3 seed now if we won our last two games!!fuck!!!

GreekSpursfan
01-15-2019, 11:23 PM
Derozans play will determine if this team will be a playoff team. It's not looking good, i dont think we're gonna make it.

bic50
01-15-2019, 11:30 PM
We should have been 3 seed now if we won our last two games!!fuck!!!
This loss to the hornets made no sense.

spurs10
01-16-2019, 12:07 AM
We should have been 3 seed now if we won our last two games!!fuck!!! Yes we are lucky to hold 7.

RD2191
01-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Sitting at 6. We could slide up to 4th with a nice little win streak. Holding off the rockets might be too much though. 5 seed would be nice I guess.

skin27
01-18-2019, 12:30 AM
Poor spurs!! Lost to Thunder who got fucked bythelakers scrub at Oklahoma :lol

ace3g
01-18-2019, 12:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxK8mrsUcAENjWD.jpg:large

GusT15
01-18-2019, 02:03 AM
538 has the Spurs projected to go 17-19 the rest of the way and finishing at 43-39 with a 58% probability of making the playoffs as a low 8 seed.

I did a quick read of the schedule and taking my homer glasses off i came up with 22-14,finishing at 48-34 and seeding between 4th and 6th depending on what other teams do and how the tiebreakers will work in the end.

I still feel analytics are heavily underestimating what this team can do.

ceperez
01-18-2019, 05:41 AM
538 has the Spurs projected to go 17-19 the rest of the way and finishing at 43-39 with a 58% probability of making the playoffs as a low 8 seed.

I did a quick read of the schedule and taking my homer glasses off i came up with 22-14,finishing at 48-34 and seeding between 4th and 6th depending on what other teams do and how the tiebreakers will work in the end.

Fascinating season in the west. No room for error among most of the teams. One bad losing stretch and you'll be out of the playoffs!

These teams will be exhausted come playoff time!

monty4329
01-18-2019, 07:33 AM

But you put on the rose-tinted glasses...Where do you see those 22 wins coming from? We have 19 away games, included a quite punitive rodeo trip.

To make the 8th seed we need 19 wins at least, and that will be already hard. One silver lining can be the long bench; every games count, and many teams might be tired come march (like, Harden can't keep going unless he pumps steroids like I drink coffee...)

GusT15
01-18-2019, 08:04 AM
But you put on the rose-tinted glasses...Where do you see those 22 wins coming from? We have 19 away games, included a quite punitive rodeo trip.

@MIN-W
vsLAC-W
@PHI-L
@NOLA-L
vsWHA-W
vsPHO-W
vsBRO-W
vsNOLA-W
@SAC-L
@GS-L
@POR-L
@UTAH-L
@MEM-W
@TOR-L
@NY-W
@BRO-L
vsDET-W
vsOKC-W
vsDEN-W
@ATL-W
vsMIL-W
@DAL-L
vsNY-W
vsPOR-W
vsGS-L
vsMIA-W
@HOU-L
@BOS-L
@CHA-W
vsCLE-W
vsSAC-W
vsATL-W
@DEN-L
@WHA-L
@CLE-W
vsDAL-W

If I had the rose tinted glasses on i'd have us at 25-11.
If i had my homer glasses on we'd be raining champagne all over Canada while #2 is crying in a cold corner.

skin27
01-18-2019, 08:17 AM

To make the 8th seed we need 19 wins at least, and that will be already hard. One silver lining can be the long bench; every games count, and many teams might be tired come march (like, Harden can't keep going unless he pumps steroids like I drink coffee...)

our schedule later in the season is not difficult as you think it is..

GusT15
01-18-2019, 08:26 AM
And going 16-1 at home games is obviously extreme,but then again we are 18-6 at the moment having lost to the Bulls,Hornets,Magic,Grizzlies.
So i could see us going 14-3 at home games,but then again we can go 8-11 at away games instead of 6-13.

Bottom line is it's a long season ahead,if we stay healthy (which is what's important),this team has way more value than it's being given credit for.
And what else is new obviously

bklynspursfan
01-18-2019, 08:29 AM
Poor spurs!! Lost to Thunder who got fucked bythelakers scrub at Oklahoma :lol

We beat both those teams already.

monty4329
01-18-2019, 10:01 AM
our schedule later in the season is not difficult as you think it is..

Sure, last few games will probably be relatively easy (although PHO and CHI were too). But the schedule from now on till end of February is brutal: I won't be surprised with a 6-11 record, frankly. Hope I am wrong, obviously.

rascal
01-18-2019, 02:24 PM
It would be better to get into the lottery than be the 8th seed.

rascal
01-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Just stay out of gsw’s bracket. 4 spot is the number imo. Gsw will end up 2 or 3

GS will be the 1st seed.

skin27
01-18-2019, 11:07 PM
5th seed

Mr. Body
01-19-2019, 12:25 AM
The West is fucking rough. We're 27-20 and one and a half games from missing the playoffs. Every two nights moves everyone beneath the Warriors around.

Then you look at the East and it's a joke. They have four utterly shitty teams (Cleveland, Atlanta, Knicks, Chicago) which means more or less 16 near-gimme wins for all EC teams. They still have sub-.500 teams in the playoff eight. Only one shitty team in the West, Phoenix, so only 4 near-gimme games.

What the hell.

ceperez
01-19-2019, 03:21 AM
5th seed

I think the current top 8 in the West are going to make it to the playoffs.

GSW, DEN, POR, OKC, SAS, HOU, UTA, LAL - The other teams just don't have the talent and consistency to make it.

skin27
01-19-2019, 03:45 AM

GSW, DEN, POR, OKC, SAS, HOU, UTA, LAL - The other teams just don't have the talent and consistency to make it.

Pelicans should make it..but Davis is just so overrated

LCM
01-19-2019, 01:32 PM
Pelicans should make it..but Davis is just so overrated

Davis injured finger, out 1 - 2 weeks

gambit1990
01-19-2019, 01:47 PM
still wish the spurs would tank.

RC_Drunkford
01-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Davis injured finger, out 1 - 2 weeks

that should make our road game in NO an instant win. Although you never know with this team

NickiRasgo
01-19-2019, 03:56 PM
still wish the spurs would tank.

Me too. We won't win anyway. But I wanted them between 6th to 8th seed - making the playoffs plus having around 16th to 22nd pick. Hope the Raptors drop their position as well but it seems they're locked already between 1st or 2nd in the east.

monty4329
01-19-2019, 04:00 PM
The West is fucking rough. We're 27-20 and one and a half games from missing the playoffs. Every two nights moves everyone beneath the Warriors around.

Then you look at the East and it's a joke. They have four utterly shitty teams (Cleveland, Atlanta, Knicks, Chicago) which means more or less 16 near-gimme wins for all EC teams. They still have sub-.500 teams in the playoff eight. Only one shitty team in the West, Phoenix, so only 4 near-gimme games.

What the hell.

Makes for a much better product to watch (for us). Imagine watching the Spurs playing in the same week Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta...And then the following week Chicago, Brooklin...One weekend could be b2b NY....I mean, that's awful...

monty4329
01-19-2019, 04:05 PM

Clippers are in a slump but very solid. They'll fight Utah, Portland and the Spurs for 8th seed.

With Davis out 2 week the Pelicans are done, I guess. Maybe Sacramento can be a surprise, the talent is there.

TimmyBuckets
01-19-2019, 04:24 PM
Need Lakers to win today.

RD2191
01-19-2019, 05:05 PM
5 seed :hat

TimmyBuckets
01-19-2019, 05:08 PM
From 14th to 5th

RD2191
01-19-2019, 05:09 PM
From 14th to 5th

:lol at all those faggot analysts saying we'd miss the playoffs this season. We'd be a top 3 seed if we had a healthy DJ tbh.

RD2191
01-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Bum ass Sixers choking against OKC.

Mr. Body
01-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Makes for a much better product to watch (for us). Imagine watching the Spurs playing in the same week Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta...And then the following week Chicago, Brooklin...One weekend could be b2b NY....I mean, that's awful...

I fully think the Spurs would have one or two more championships if they played in the East, maybe more. Getting to the Finals with a good team in that Conference is not hard.

Mr. Body
01-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Bum ass Sixers choking against OKC.

Shows more, to me, how weak the East is. They're really good in their conference but playing against West teams shows the problems.

daslicer
01-19-2019, 06:12 PM
Sixers threw away the Thunder game.

RD2191
01-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Smh. Lucky ass thunder.

daslicer
01-19-2019, 06:21 PM
Smh. Lucky ass thunder.

That was a ridiculous sequence of events. Jimmy Butler was very Manuesque in winning the game and then losing the game within several seconds. That's something only Manu could do.

GreekSpursfan
01-19-2019, 08:04 PM
We need to target Denver to have any chance to advance and even then its gonna be rough, i don't see us getting a top 4 seed.

TimmyBuckets
01-19-2019, 08:08 PM
No one's targeting anyone. Spurs will try their best to win as many games as possible. Might get top 4 or RRT might drop us to bottom 7. Just gotta hope they keep clicking and DDR gets out of this funk.

timtonymanu
01-19-2019, 11:28 PM
that should make our road game in NO an instant win. Although you never know with this team

Pelicans are also like the Thunder where they have different kinds of scrubs that go off against the Spurs when they play each other.

TimmyBuckets
01-19-2019, 11:44 PM
Wow Lakers cost themselves a win. Rockets need to lose with Capela out.

skin27
01-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Pelicans are also like the Thunder where they have different kinds of scrubs that go off against the Spurs when they play each other.

especially in New Orleans

ceperez
01-20-2019, 10:26 AM
Wow Lakers cost themselves a win. Rockets need to lose with Capela out.

I don't think we need to worry about the Rockets. They will burn out Harden come playoff time.

ceperez
01-20-2019, 10:27 AM
We need to target Denver to have any chance to advance and even then its gonna be rough, i don't see us getting a top 4 seed.

I think Spurs can beat any Western team except for GSW.

exstatic
01-20-2019, 11:17 AM
I don't think we need to worry about the Rockets. They will burn out Harden come playoff time.
CP3 will also injure his hamstring sometime in the first, or early second round.

RC_Drunkford
01-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Our schedule is soft at the end, so I see us being the 3 or 4 seed. I'd love to play Portland in the first round. They are always a first round out

C-Dub
01-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Out of the teams in the WC Playoff race, this is my list of teams that I believe would be the easiest to hardest in a 7 game series for the Spurs.

1. Grizzlies
2. Mavericks
3. Kings
4. Clippers
5. Timberwolves
6. Lakers
7. Pelicans
8. Rockets
9. Jazz
10. Trail Blazers
11. Thunder
12. Nuggets
13. Warriors

GreekSpursfan
01-20-2019, 07:17 PM

I wish i was with you but i can't, i dont see it, inexperience and Derozan in the playoffs are two things that make me hesitant to believe it.

timtonymanu
01-20-2019, 11:26 PM

Lol Spurs fans trying to criticize the Rockets when we have our own shitty guard to worry about.

Robz4000
01-20-2019, 11:29 PM
8th seed is too generous for these Spurs. 9th seed is their destination imo.

playbonner15
01-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Dont worry. They’ll beat themselves :lol

monty4329
01-21-2019, 09:55 AM
Out of the teams in the WC Playoff race, this is my list of teams that I believe would be the easiest to hardest in a 7 game series for the Spurs.

1. Grizzlies
2. Mavericks
3. Kings
4. Clippers
5. Timberwolves
6. Lakers
7. Pelicans
8. Rockets
9. Jazz
10. Trail Blazers
11. Thunder
12. Nuggets
13. Warriors

So you think if Lakers make the playoffs, Lebron is easier to beat than Blazers, Jazz, Thunder? if healthy, LeBron plus Playoff-Rondo will carry the Lakers quite a long way (hope they don't make the PO, anyway).

It can be a moot point though, if the DDR shipwreck isn't fixed quickly. Or dumped.

TimmyBuckets
01-21-2019, 07:15 PM

1. Grizzlies
2. Mavericks
3. Kings
4. Timberwolves
5. Clippers
6. Pelicans
7. Jazz
8. Trail Blazers
9. Nuggets
10. Lakers
11. Thunder
12. Rockets