PDA

View Full Version : Any way the Spurs get in on the Anthony Davis conversation!?!

Pages : [1] 2

Msirotic
01-28-2019, 11:23 AM
I know the stories are always LA, Boston and the rest of the usual suspects, but could the Spurs be tempting with either Derozan or LA, the 2 first this year and whichever young prospect!?!

Apparently all Davis is publicly claiming is that he wants a winning team with a chance of championship. I think with that trade, we would be one of the top team for years to come, especially with the Spurs’ ability to develop players. Maybe the picks are too low...

TimDunkem
01-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Who the fuck would they send? Bryn Forbes? Pau Gasoft? Shitty Mills? :lmao :lmao :lmao

MoSpur02
01-28-2019, 11:26 AM
No. Spurs don't have assets.

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 11:29 AM
Who the fuck would they send? Bryn Forbes? Pau Gasoft? Shitty Mills? :lmao :lmao :lmao

:lol

maybe if PATFO hadn't left the team barren they could pull out a deal for a one year rental, but even laker mediocre young players blow the spur roster out of the water...

KDKSpurs24
01-28-2019, 11:31 AM

RD2191
01-28-2019, 11:33 AM
DJ and LMA for AD, who says no? :wakeup

pad300
01-28-2019, 11:34 AM
As a third team enabling someone like BOS to get him...

pad300
01-28-2019, 11:34 AM

NOP...

TDomination
01-28-2019, 11:35 AM
The only possible way would be giving players like:

White, Murray, Walker and possibly Bertans. With a draft pick or 2.

RD2191
01-28-2019, 11:36 AM
NOP...

:pctoss :lol thought we could pull a fast one

RD2191
01-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Small markets need to help other small markets. Trading him to the Lakers or Celts would be a slap in the face to every small market team.

TDomination
01-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Small markets need to help other small markets. Trading him to the Lakers or Celts would be a slap in the face to every small market team.

This.

I'd honestly be happy with AD going anywhere besides the Lakers. (Or Warriors)

Msirotic
01-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Yah and we have two first this year. I’m not saying the Spurs need to give everything g, but if somehow, they considered a first this year, a first next year, Deozan or aldridge and Walker or Jacob, I do t I le how much more Lakers would give!?! To me Ball or Ingram are not great value...

Msirotic
01-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Sorry about all the typos, I’m sending this from my phone...

TDomination
01-28-2019, 11:45 AM
Walker, Murray and draft picks i think would be enticing for NOLA and perhaps adding DDR.
But honestly, i think i'd rather keep our players in this case.

BatManu20
01-28-2019, 11:48 AM

+ Toronto’s 1st :lol

BatManu20
01-28-2019, 11:49 AM

This. Stop helping the fucking Lakers out. I can already see Pop rolling his eyes.

Silver and the NBA are soiling their pants at the idea of Lebron & AD in LA together making them a perennial championship contender though. Going to be hard to stop it from happening imo.

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 11:51 AM
This. Stop helping the fucking Lakers out.

Silver and the NBA are soiling their pants at the idea of Lebron & AD in LA together making them a perennial championship contender though. Going to be hard to stop it from happening imo.

the players want to play there what can you do? they aren't slaves

dont forget spur got LMA because of his roots here

exstatic
01-28-2019, 11:52 AM

maybe if PATFO hadn't left the team barren they could pull out a deal for a one year rental, but even laker mediocre young players blow the spur roster out of the water...

Are these the young players who can't win a game without 'Bron playing? Per usual, Laker youngsters overrated, big time.

BatManu20
01-28-2019, 11:54 AM

Then he can wait and go there in Free Agency next summer. Don’t trade him there just cause that’s where he wants to be. Unless the Lakers truly offer the best package (Zo, Kuzma, & Ingram ain’t it... Boston can offer way better if they just wait til this summer) then there’s literally no reason for the Pelicans to throw Lebron and the lakers a bone and send him there. Wait til this summer and send him the Eastern conference for the better package.

TDomination
01-28-2019, 11:58 AM

dont forget spur got LMA because of his roots here

easy, just don't trade him there. if he goes on his own in the offseason so be it but don't help the lakers out willingly.
he didn't say he wants to go to LA just to a contender.
not sure if thats true or not but thats what was said.

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 12:01 PM
Then he can wait and go there in Free Agency next summer. Don’t trade him there just cause that’s where he wants to be. Unless the Lakers truly offer the best package (Zo, Kuzma, & Ingram ain’t it... Boston can offer way better if they just wait til this summer) then there’s literally no reason for the Pelicans to throw Lebron and the lakers a bone and send him there. Wait til this summer and send him the Eastern conference for the better package.

boston aint gonna offer shit when AD makes it clear he will only re-sign with lakers. this is the team that didn't even put a scrub like brown on the table for kiwi :lol

TDomination
01-28-2019, 12:02 PM
Are these the young players who can't win a game without 'Bron playing? Per usual, Laker youngsters overrated, big time.

and on top of that, didn't they bring in a bunch of big name players so that they could still win without lebron? whats going on with that?

Rondo, Stephenson, Mcgee, Chandler.

Spurs da champs
01-28-2019, 12:02 PM
All they can do is bitch to the league office about the Lakers/Bron's tampering.

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 12:03 PM
easy, just don't trade him there. if he goes on his own in the offseason so be it but don't help the lakers out willingly.
he didn't say he wants to go to LA just to a contender.
not sure if thats true or not but thats what was said.

pelicants aren't gonna let him walk for nothing and be left holding their pricks just to spite the laker

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 12:04 PM
and on top of that, didn't they bring in a bunch of big name players so that they could still win without lebron? whats going on with that?

Rondo, Stephenson, Mcgee, Chandler.

those were all 1 year deals so they can sign kiwi this summer. lebron and Maginka have been plotting this for two years...

Mikeanaro
01-28-2019, 12:05 PM
They can send superstar Murray for Davis and Okafor.

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2019, 12:06 PM
Anyway we can pry Holiday?

Duncan87
01-28-2019, 12:06 PM
No

Spurs da champs
01-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Anyway we can pry Holiday?

He's gonna end up in Phoenix.

Larry O
01-28-2019, 12:14 PM
Well... for Spurs fans, it would be one of those "wet dreams of a lifetime!" But as everyone contributing in this post is saying: we just don't have the horses to pull off this trade. Sadly, it's the big markets that seem to benefit from these BIG trades the most, leaving the small markets in the dust to nearly choke to death. Well... all we can do is for us Spurs Talk posters is to get in on the Anthony Davis conversation, lol. GSG!!!

sasaint
01-28-2019, 12:14 PM
:pctoss :lol thought we could pull a fast one

Your proposal didn't seem ridiculous to me. Not a bad starting point, at the very least.

DAF86
01-28-2019, 12:15 PM

If PATFO had the balls it would be interesting to see if the Pels would be willing to swap stars. They give us AD and they get a DeRozan and/or Aldridge. Why do the Pels do it? The same reason the Spurs did the Kawhi trade, they trade a disgruntled star for another all-star with the hope they can convince that star to stay long term.

Never going to happen though, of course.

duncan2k5
01-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Why in the world would AD want to come here? He said he wants to go to a contender...

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Why in the world would AD want to come here? He said he wants to go to a contender...
Unfortunately for davis, he has no say in it

DAF86
01-28-2019, 12:18 PM
Forgetting the AD pipe dream, if the Pels go rebuilding mode, I would be interested on acquiring Holiday and/or Mirotic.

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 12:19 PM
If PATFO had the balls it would be interesting to see if the Pels would be willing to swap stars. They give us AD and they get a DeRozan and/or Aldridge. Why do the Pels do it? The same reason the Spurs did the Kawhi trade, they trade a disgruntled star for another all-star with the hope they can convince that star to stay long term.

Never going to happen though, of course.

traded twice in one year, damn you really want him to actually kill himself or what :lol

would be amazing trade for spur though, salary dumping a cancer and vaulting themselves to title contender in pop's last year...

DAF86

Davis and Pop makes a contender of the Spurs. Maybe not this season, but in the next season for sure.

sasaint
Forgetting the AD pipe dream, if the Pels go rebuilding mode, I would be interested on acquiring Holiday and/or Mirotic.

We are stacked in the backcourt. Don't need Holiday.

TDomination
01-28-2019, 12:21 PM
traded twice in one year, damn you really want him to actually kill himself or what :lol

would be amazing trade for spur though, salary dumping a cancer and vaulting themselves to title contender in pop's last year...

that would be a reason to go all in. It's likely to be Pops last year. He's been actually coaching with a bit more energy this year compared to the previous years.

Give AD a chance to say he played for one of the GOATS and it gives Pop a chance to retire with one last championship.

Then AD can go wherever next year.

DAF86
01-28-2019, 12:21 PM
We are stacked in the backcourt. Don't need Holiday.

We aren't stacked on the defensive end though, and Holiday is one of the best perimeter defenders out there. Holiday and White would make a formidable perimeter defensive duo.

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2019, 12:23 PM
i'd be willing to part with Murray and both picks for Holiday... LMA/RG/DDR/White/Holiday

Jeffbob
01-28-2019, 12:28 PM
I think derosen, Murray, and a first could do it. I would feel good about that. Not sure the owls do better than that.

SpurSpike
01-28-2019, 12:38 PM
This has been planned for a long time, i mean AD fired his agent last year for LeBrons. Then you see this...

"LeBron himself told ESPN’s Dave McMenamin in December that it would be “amazing” and “incredible” to play with Davis, leading several small-market general managers to file complaints about tampering. Days later, LeBron and Davis dined together after their game in Los Angeles. The NBA soon issued a memo reminding teams of the league’s anti-tampering rules and warning against repeated offenses"

I think AD was going to give NO one last chance but if they failed to secure at least a payoff spot then the plan is to go to the Lakers...

TDomination
01-28-2019, 12:39 PM
This has been planned for a long time, i mean AD fired his agent last year for LeBrons. Then you see this...

"LeBron himself told ESPN’s Dave McMenamin in December that it would be “amazing” and “incredible” to play with Davis, leading several small-market general managers to file complaints about tampering. Days later, LeBron and Davis dined together after their game in Los Angeles. The NBA soon issued a memo reminding teams of the league’s anti-tampering rules and warning against repeated offenses"

i love how the NBA is cracking down on tampering with a MEMO! that will show them!

DAF86
01-28-2019, 12:43 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybc4fxl2

Add a Dejounte Murray and/or draft pick if needed.

White - Forbes
Holiday - Belinelli
DeRozan - Bertans
Mirotic - Gay
Aldridge - Poeltl

sananspursfan21
01-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Oh I wish.

SpurSpike
01-28-2019, 12:48 PM
i love how the NBA is cracking down on tampering with a MEMO! that will show them!

I know, right? They also didn't do anything about the tampering of Kawhi. I mean i'm sure it was just a harmless baseball game with a good friend that just happened to be the Lakers president of basketball operations? THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ANYMORE.

Russ
01-28-2019, 12:49 PM
I just hope the Lakers give up the few young players they have left to get him . . . :lol

TimDunkem
01-28-2019, 01:26 PM
I don't mind AD in LA if it means Lonzo goes to NO and fades into obscurity with the rest of his family.

Mr. Body
01-28-2019, 01:30 PM
He's going to the Lakers in a package of crap.

TheGreatYacht
01-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Overrated stat padder on a shitty team. Minny Kevin Love with a unibrow. Okafor and Randle can put up 20 a night on that paper thin team...

Ellsworth
01-28-2019, 01:45 PM

They complained to the wrong league office... should have tried the N F L :lol

MoSpur02
01-28-2019, 01:50 PM
I think the Spurs could really benefit more from a wing player who can defend and create for himself than the Brow. Not saying I wouldn't want a superstar like Davis on the team, but doubt it happens.

Ocotillo
01-28-2019, 01:56 PM
I like AD but man, guy is dinged up a lot and I would hate to have to have the kind of bank it takes to have him on the team for as much (as little) as he plays. Add the mix, we really don't have the pieces that would entice NO to make a trade with us.

MoSpur02
01-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Also have to consider Pop. Again I highly doubt Spurs have a chance in trading for Davis, but let's say R.C and Pop do want to see if they can land him...does that mean Pop coaches beyond next season? I would think A.D would want to play under Pop if traded to San Antonio. Not sure Pop has that desire in him to coach beyond next season. Maybe landing a player like A.D could change that. Again, I doubt the Spurs trade for Davis.

TimmyBuckets
01-28-2019, 02:26 PM
No

MoSpur02
01-28-2019, 02:28 PM
How is Dell Demps' relationship with his former employer?

Pavlov
01-28-2019, 02:34 PM
: lol ST

Trueblood
01-28-2019, 02:49 PM

Reminds me of team America:

"We will send you a very strongly worded letter"

007nites
01-28-2019, 02:51 PM
The question is can this thread reach pau heights

exstatic
01-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Dear AD,

In the past, when LeBron leaves a team, it's pretty much a withered husk, devoid of young talent or picks. That time, his retirement, is coming in the next 3 years or so, and you'll be left holding the bag. If you think the situation in NO sucks, just look into the future of the LAL, post leBron.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 03:04 PM
I don't mind AD in LA if it means Lonzo goes to NO and fades into obscurity with the rest of his family.

Even if the Pels weren't my second team, I wouldn't wish Lonzo on them.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 03:20 PM
We aren't stacked on the defensive end though, and Holiday is one of the best perimeter defenders out there. Holiday and White would make a formidable perimeter defensive duo.

You don't subscribe to the idea that White and Murray will be a backcourt juggernaut?

George Gervin's Afro
01-28-2019, 03:31 PM
NO... but it would nice to a part of the conversation

Pavlov
01-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Dear AD,

In the past, when LeBron leaves a team, it's pretty much a withered husk, devoid of young talent or picks. That time, his retirement, is coming in the next 3 years or so, and you'll be left holding the bag. If you think the situation in NO sucks, just look into the future of the LAL, post leBron.You'll still be in LA tho, so cry all the way to the bank.

DAF86
01-28-2019, 03:36 PM
You don't subscribe to the idea that White and Murray will be a backcourt juggernaut?

Meh, I'm neither high nor low on Murray. I'm indifferent. I think he could indeed work great with White, but, hey, you can't ever have too much defense, tbh. Besides, Murray won't play till next season, I would like to make some more noise on this one.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 03:42 PM
Meh, I'm neither high nor low on Murray. I'm indifferent. I think he could indeed work great with White, but, hey, you can't ever have too much defense, tbh. Besides, Murray won't play till next season, I would like to make some more noise on this one.

You must think we are capable of making more noise this season than I - even with Holiday.

phxspurfan
01-28-2019, 03:49 PM

Thats a pretty crappy package, but who knows what Nawlins is going to get for him now that he wants out

Strategic
01-28-2019, 03:50 PM
League heads should not allow Davis to go to lakers. Only this would keep magic and lebrons hands out of the cookie jar. No chance Davis ends up with Spurs unless he wants to be a Spur.

hooperflash
01-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Kawhi for Anthony Davis

phxspurfan
01-28-2019, 03:56 PM
League heads should not allow Davis to go to lakers. Only this would keep magic and lebrons hands out of the cookie jar. No chance Davis ends up with Spurs unless he wants to be a Spur.

Funny how Silver said precisely this is what shouldn't happen on his interview on TNT but now he will let exactly this happen. So the LA market feeds all their casual $$$ into the NBA coffers

DaBears
01-28-2019, 04:01 PM

Let me get this straight!! Your comments are & i recite ' even Laker mediocre young players blow the spur roster out of the water ', based on Your logic can you explain to us how the SPURS & there pathetic roster which in your opinion is less than mediocre roster is sitting in the 6th in west while Lakers are in 9th..
Explain how can this be feasible too not only have a roster that is less than mediocre roster, yet still have a better record than the Lakers.
this would tell me that Lakers roster is less than mediocre in comparison to SPURS roster.

exstatic
01-28-2019, 04:05 PM

I don't think AD, or any other Pelican, gets moved at the deadline. They have time to find a decent deal, like we did, and I hope they do.

Uh, Murray has already made 2nd team All D. Wouldn't surprise me if White did it this year. He's been locking down his opponents pretty regularly.

exstatic
01-28-2019, 04:05 PM

I don't think AD, or any other Pelican, gets moved at the deadline. They have time to find a decent deal, like we did, and I hope they do.

Uh, Murray has already made 2nd team All D. Wouldn't surprise me if White did it this year. He's been locking down his opponents pretty regularly.

DMC
01-28-2019, 04:15 PM
Spurs on AD conversation: "AD isn't even considering SA"

/conversation

Nobody demands a trade and goes to SA.

NASpurs
01-28-2019, 04:19 PM
Our team slogan should be: "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride"

sasaint
01-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Thats a pretty crappy package, but who knows what Nawlins is going to get for him now that he wants out

As a Spurs fan I hate that deal, trading away all the guys I would keep to go along side the Brow. But aside from that, the trade just makes no sense. It would deplete our backcourt and give Pels no frontcourt player in return.

DMC

More like "San Antonio, the other Minnesota"

sasaint
More like "San Antonio, the other Minnesota"

Kobe'sAchilles
01-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Murray, walker, LMA plus picks
that's a better offer than LA can do

DMC
01-28-2019, 04:40 PM

And we must be one ugly bride's maid since the "best man" wants nothing to do with us.

Budkin
01-28-2019, 04:43 PM

:lma

NASpurs
01-28-2019, 04:45 PM
:lma

Yeah that one time for a dude who almost passed us over for the Suns.

The Spurs are more like Florida: when you’re a TOSB about to retire and you’re needing one final paycheck.

BillMc
01-28-2019, 04:47 PM

LaMarcus married us. And we even talked him out of divorce.

NASpurs
01-28-2019, 04:52 PM
LaMarcus married us. And we even talked him out of divorce.

:lol even after going through couples therapy, some of are still questioning the marriage.

DJR210
01-28-2019, 04:53 PM
LeBron needs to be held accountable for destroying what little the Pelicans had tbh.. faggoty move on his part

BillMc
01-28-2019, 04:56 PM
:lol even after going through couples therapy, some of are still questioning the marriage.

RiverwalkParade
01-28-2019, 05:10 PM
How do we get in as a third team to unload Pau? Any options out there?

GreekSpursfan
01-28-2019, 05:19 PM

100% but Lechoke and his agent cannot be stopped.

BillMc
01-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Tough days for New Orleans sports fans. Saints get robbed (to the benefit of LA) and Pelicans are getting robbed (likely to the benefit of LA).

SuperCam
01-28-2019, 05:22 PM
100% but Lechoke and his agent cannot be stopped.

if he's lechoke then who out-choked in 6?

dbestpro
01-28-2019, 05:25 PM
They are going to trade him east just like we did with KL. Would not be surprised if something happened with Washington or New York.

SpurSpike
01-28-2019, 05:25 PM
Looks like NO isn't going down without a fight....

"This past weekend, Anthony Davis' representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision, our organization's top priority is to bring an NBA (http://bleacherreport.com/nba) championship to our city and build our team for long-term success. Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our terms and our timeline. One that makes the most sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction."

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Good news is SA can beat any package LA can offer so if AD wants a contender SA is closer and been way better than LA.

BillMc
01-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Good news is SA can beat any package LA can offer so if AD wants a contender SA is closer and been way better than LA.

I wonder if Pop would agree to coach for the life of the contract to sign a major player. He had to do that with LMA.

I really have no idea how close Pop is to done.

NameLess Scrub
01-28-2019, 05:34 PM

I know! Spers!

They gifted him the title so hard he had to brag to compensate for it.

NameLess Scrub
01-28-2019, 05:35 PM
Stop it.

He won't be in SA and Lakers will get him for their month old crap, 2 mops, 3 right twixes and 4 bags of Doritos.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Murray, walker, LMA plus picks
that's a better offer than LA can do

Not Murray and Walker both. In such a package.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Tough days for New Orleans sports fans. Saints get robbed (to the benefit of LA) and Pelicans are getting robbed (likely to the benefit of LA).

I have watched my last NFL game.

BillMc
01-28-2019, 05:43 PM

Me too (I think). Do you live in New Orleans?

NameLess Scrub
01-28-2019, 05:43 PM

Don't know much of NFL and I know the game was earlier, but didn't Brady vs Brees in a SB sound good?

NameLess Scrub
01-28-2019, 05:48 PM
I wonder if Pop would agree to coach for the life of the contract to sign a major player. He had to do that with LMA.

I really have no idea how close Pop is to done.

TBH, I don't know how he keeps doing it. Don't think there are many 70 y/o coaches in history.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Not Murray and Walker both. In such a package.

Anthony Davis is only 25 years old. He's not even in his prime and he's already this good. Murray, walker, LMA, the coyote, the popcorn guy in the 5th row. Hell I'd throw in Pop waxing his car everyday too.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 05:56 PM
Me too (I think). Do you live in New Orleans?

Did for a long time. One of my adopted hometowns.

NFL coveted the LA market too long not to have them in the SB. Now they have vested interest in filling their shared complex. Stinky.

BillMc
01-28-2019, 05:59 PM
Did for a long time. One of my adopted hometowns.

NFL coveted the LA market too long not to have them in the SB. Now they have vested interest in filling their shared complex. Stinky.

Don't blame you my friend. I had no dog in the race (other than general rooting against the Patriots) but that was terrible. I'm getting a little disillusioned with all pro sports these days.

SpurPadre
01-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Didn't AD once take pride in being compared to TD? If that's the case, then why not play in San Antonio, you one-eyebrowed fuck?

sasaint
01-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Anthony Davis is only 25 years old. He's not even in his prime and he's already this good. Murray, walker, LMA, the coyote, the popcorn guy in the 5th row. Hell I'd throw in Pop waxing his car everyday too.

An all-star and an all-NBA D-team who is a budding star plus a single first is better than the trash that LA can offer. I'd start with LMA and two firsts, myself. Fall back to LMA, and Toronto's this year plus ours next year. Then Walker and a first. Then LMA, Murray and a first. I like our young guys, and we really can't absorb more very easily. Too many young guys on career time-lines that are too similar is not a good thing. We need to get present value for the Toronto pick this year or bundle it with our first to garner a single, impactful SF in the draft. Or, like I said, move them both plus LMA for Davis.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Don't know much of NFL and I know the game was earlier, but didn't Brady vs Brees in a SB sound good?

Not to the NFL's ears. Big New England vs. Big LA sounds like cha-ching to them.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Don't blame you my friend. I had no dog in the race (other than general rooting against the Patriots) but that was terrible. I'm getting a little disillusioned with all pro sports these days.

Yeah, I have really been going through a college cycle lately. I have some teams that are looking pretty good. Man, that game is soooo slow, though. 70-65 score is really lightin' 'em up in college.

TheGreatYacht
01-28-2019, 06:31 PM
:lol no.

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 07:16 PM
:lol no.

Lol yes. Thats not to say SA can land him, but they have better younger players, just as many picks and if NO wanted more win-now type players SA has better of those too.

RD2191
01-28-2019, 07:21 PM
Lol yes. Thats not to say SA can land him, but they have better younger players, just as many picks and if NO wanted more win-now type players SA has better of those too.

I agree tbh.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-28-2019, 07:24 PM
Does this thread count as being part of the conversation?

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 07:30 PM
My guess? Someone like CHI, NY, CLE or PHX (CLE being the least likely) cashes their chips in with the #1 pick + players.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-28-2019, 07:48 PM
I'm glad NO is playing it tough. Fvck the Lakers. Maybe Magic will be willing to give up the farm (and the future) of LA to get Davis. I think the NO front office is as pissed as the Spurs were when Kawhi asked for a Laker trade, and have no desire to send Davis to LA, but Magic may give up a lot more than he offered the Spurs seeing as he's now learning that no other marquee name wants to flock to Los Angeles to team up with Lebron these days. Good for NO if that happens, they can rebuild, and the Lakers will add David but weaken their core. Let them revel in mediocrity during Lebron's last couple of years in the league.

GreekSpursfan
01-28-2019, 07:52 PM

Dumb question, he was choking right on schedule and then Ray Allen happened.

Russ
01-28-2019, 07:53 PM
Let them revel in mediocrity during Lebron's last couple of years in the league.

That's almost a given. But the Lakers will be even worse when LeBron leaves/retires with nothing behind him in the pipeline.

It's the New York Knicks theory of rebuilding.

At least they won't have to worry about blowing any more top 3 draft picks for a year or two . . .

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 07:55 PM
I'm glad NO is playing it tough. Fvck the Lakers. Maybe Magic will be willing to give up the farm (and the future) of LA to get Davis. I think the NO front office is as pissed as the Spurs were when Kawhi asked for a Laker trade, and have no desire to send Davis to LA, but Magic may give up a lot more than he offered the Spurs seeing as he's now learning that no other marquee name wants to flock to Los Angeles to team up with Lebron these days. Good for NO if that happens, they can rebuild, and the Lakers will add David but weaken their core. Let them revel in mediocrity during Lebron's last couple of years in the league.

LA trading for AD as zero chance of weakening anything. Their youth is bad and the only chance they have to make noise is to trade for a star.

If they cant trade, while they can sign one star in free agency, they cant sign a third because their youth is taking up that cap space. Trading awful assets for a star and then still having cap space is BEST case scenario.

So hopefully NO doesnt trade with LA and LA is stuck with their youth. That is what would kill Lebrons last years.

Uriel
01-28-2019, 08:35 PM
I'm kind of annoyed watching the trade conversation surrounding Anthony Davis. People are saying teams should offer everything and anything to get him; NOBODY said that when the Spurs were trading Kawhi.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-28-2019, 08:38 PM
LA trading for AD as zero chance of weakening anything. Their youth is bad and the only chance they have to make noise is to trade for a star.

If they cant trade, while they can sign one star in free agency, they cant sign a third because their youth is taking up that cap space. Trading awful assets for a star and then still having cap space is BEST case scenario.

So hopefully NO doesnt trade with LA and LA is stuck with their youth. That is what would kill Lebrons last years.

True. LA's roster is sh!t. Davis might be an attractive partner for someone down the road...more than Lebron if he stays healthy. Better that he's not there.

It sure looks like NO is going to take the Spurs approach and try to keep him out of the West. Boston might end up being the winner of the AD sweepstakes. I'd love to see him go to a team like Orlando. This prima donna move all these players are doing is complete BS.

lmbebo
01-28-2019, 08:38 PM
I'm kind of annoyed watching the trade conversation surrounding Anthony Davis. People are saying teams should offer everything and anything to get Anthony Davis; NOBODY said that when the Spurs were trading Kawhi.

Yep ... Def some anti spurs in media, wanting the Spurs to finally suffer.

rasuo214
01-28-2019, 09:29 PM
Probably one of the LA teams. Either Clippers then they get Kawhi in the off-season or the Lakers with Lebron (although the Pelicans may not want to trade him there). If they want him out of the west who does that leave? ATL? Philly? Nets? Toronto?

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 09:40 PM
Yep ... Def some anti spurs in media, wanting the Spurs to finally suffer.

AD didn’t sit out a year and sabotage a truly great franchise

exstatic
01-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Stop it.

He won't be in SA and Lakers will get him for their month old crap, 2 mops, 3 right twixes and 4 bags of Doritos.

Yeah, because that worked for both PG13 and KL2.

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 09:56 PM
GS should absolutely offer up Klay and Dray for AD. That would prob sell KD on staying too.

FkLA
01-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Don't do this to yourself, SpursTalk. Stop it.

RD2191
01-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Don't do this to yourself, SpursTalk. Stop it.

:lol we all know we'd never land him. Just having a little fun :lol

Kobe'sAchilles
01-28-2019, 10:35 PM
Maybe we can kidnap his unibrow? Hold it ransom until he tells the Pels he will only sign with us. He seems oddly attached to that persona.

sasaint
01-28-2019, 10:36 PM
:lol we all know we'd never land him. Just having a little fun :lol

Because we won't try.

timvp
01-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Random thoughts on this matter:

1) Would I trade White, Murray, Walker and both first rounders for AD? Yeah. If AD is willing to sign in San Antonio long-term, you let the Pelicans pick the pieces they want and you make the trade. He's probably the most talented player in the NBA, still young and someone you can build around the next decade. If you can get your hands on that kind of talent, you do so by all means necessary.

2) This situation highlights the miracle of the Spurs small market success. Five NBA championships in a small market is even more impressive than we realize, tbh. The last time a small market won a championship outside of the Spurs you have to go back to the '77 Blazers. The last time a smaller market than San Antonio won a championship you'd have to go back to the '71 Bucks. New Orleans is a tiny market and it's a longshot they ever win a championship in our lifetime.

3) Thank the basketball gods for David Robinson. He was willing to sign with the Spurs even though he could have (and probably should have, if we're being objectively honest) signed with the Lakers. Robinson built a foundation atop the already proud history of the franchise. Tim Duncan carried the torch. Five championships ensued. Miraculous series of events.

4) The Nephew situation was a harsh reminder of what it's really like as a small market in the NBA.

5) Back to AD, as good as he is there's definitely risk involved in acquiring him because he hasn't had the team success he should. His talent says he should be one of those players who wins 50 games automatically ... but that hasn't been the case for reasons that are difficult to quantify. As I've said previously, Robinson had less talent around him than AD has had and the Spurs were still a 50+ win, automatic playoff team with legit championship aspirations.

diego
01-28-2019, 10:43 PM
I'm definitely in the minority but for me davis is a paper tiger. All the tools and potential but really lacking in impact, just doesn't look like there's much there beyond those physical tools. Factor in his injury history, and honestly Im not sure I'd even trade him for lma straight up, despite his age and ability..

GAustex
01-28-2019, 10:45 PM
He seems to get the “deer in the headlights “ thing when things get tight

BD24
01-28-2019, 10:46 PM
no.

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 11:00 PM
Random thoughts on this matter:

1) Would I trade White, Murray, Walker and both first rounders for AD? Yeah. If AD is willing to sign in San Antonio long-term, you let the Pelicans pick the pieces they want and you make the trade. He's probably the most talented player in the NBA, still young and someone you can build around the next decade. If you can get your hands on that kind of talent, you do so by all means necessary.

2) This situation highlights the miracle of the Spurs small market success. Five NBA championships in a small market is even more impressive than we realize, tbh. The last time a small market won a championship outside of the Spurs you have to go back to the '77 Blazers. The last time a smaller market than San Antonio won a championship you'd have to go back to the '71 Bucks. New Orleans is a tiny market and it's a longshot they ever win a championship in our lifetime.

3) Thank the basketball gods for David Robinson. He was willing to sign with the Spurs even though he could have (and probably should have, if we're being objectively honest) signed with the Lakers. Robinson built a foundation atop the already proud history of the franchise. Tim Duncan carried the torch. Five championships ensued. Miraculous series of events.

4) The Nephew situation was a harsh reminder of what it's really like as a small market in the NBA.

5) Back to AD, as good as he is there's definitely risk involved in acquiring him because he hasn't had the team success he should. His talent says he should be one of those players who wins 50 games automatically ... but that hasn't been the case for reasons that are difficult to quantify. As I've said previously, Robinson had less talent around him than AD has had and the Spurs were still a 50+ win, automatic playoff team with legit championship aspirations.

I wonder, on the heels of Kawhi being completely drug through the mud in the court of public opinion if AD is willing to do the same thing? Will be very interesting how much Klutch tries to leverage NO here..

superbigtime
01-28-2019, 11:00 PM
Dude's going to LA. No.

duncan2k5
01-28-2019, 11:01 PM

Lol... Anything we have to offer them would take us out of the contender status

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 11:03 PM
Lol... Anything we have to offer them would take us out of the contender status

LMA DeRozan AD would be contender status. Giving them the youth (which is better than LA’s youth) and picks would put SA in contender status.

duncan2k5
01-28-2019, 11:03 PM
Some genius on here said AD is a stat ladder that never won anything... But he wants to keep LMA.... lmfao!

duncan2k5
01-28-2019, 11:04 PM
I'm definitely in the minority but for me davis is a paper tiger. All the tools and potential but really lacking in impact, just doesn't look like there's much there beyond those physical tools. Factor in his injury history, and honestly Im not sure I'd even trade him for lma straight up, despite his age and ability..

Lol

duncan2k5
01-28-2019, 11:06 PM
LMA DeRozan AD would be contender status. Giving them the youth (which is better than LA’s youth) and picks would put SA in contender status.

No way we get AD without trading DDR or LMA... and it LOOKS good on paper to have three stars... LMA would have a poutfest when he isn't the man anymore, and DDR would probably be on suicide watch

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 11:09 PM
No way we get AD without trading DDR or LMA... and it LOOKS good on paper to have three stars... LMA would have a poutfest when he isn't the man anymore, and DDR would probably be on suicide watch

Then how is LA going to get AD if they don’t have the youth that is better than SA nor the mid-tier star like DDR/LMA to offer?

SouthTexasRancher
01-28-2019, 11:17 PM
Boston is going to make a strong play for AD. He is too injury prone for the Lakers but, maybe the Clippers go for him. The Lakers want KD. JMHO and I could be way off base the way the NBA is becoming dysfunctional like Washington DC. The players now run the league.

diego
01-28-2019, 11:26 PM
Lol

to be fair, he has played like 2000 more minutes than kawhi in 2 less seasons, it could be worse...

DPG21920
01-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Some genius on here said AD is a stat ladder that never won anything... But he wants to keep LMA.... lmfao!

Well by your logic, LMA sucks and what has AD done to warrant your approval?

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-29-2019, 12:05 AM
Davis is overrated. I think there's been enough talent on that team where they should have had a little more sucessu than what they have had.

gambit1990
01-29-2019, 12:38 AM
i’d rather he go to the lakers than go to the warriors for draymond, jerebko, and quinn cook.

Twisted_Dawg
01-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Lonzo Ball's group saying he wants no part of NOLA. Love the obvious Laker fan reader comments.

Lakers Rumors: Lonzo Ball Not Interested in Pelicans If Traded for Anthony Davis
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818123-lakers-rumors-lonzo-ball-not-interested-in-pelicans-if-traded-for-anthony-davis

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-29-2019, 06:43 AM
:lmao as if NO will want any part of Lonzo.

LkrFan
01-29-2019, 06:50 AM

LkrFan
01-29-2019, 06:51 AM

XDT76
01-29-2019, 08:50 AM
I'm kind of annoyed watching the trade conversation surrounding Anthony Davis. People are saying teams should offer everything and anything to get him; NOBODY said that when the Spurs were trading Kawhi.

Bcos AD is willing to go to any contender, whereas Kawhi wanted to go LA. Besides Kawhi was sitting out with a mysterious injury that no one knows whether he can recover from.

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 09:11 AM
Bcos AD is willing to go to any contender, whereas Kawhi wanted to go LA. Besides Kawhi was sitting out with a mysterious injury that no one knows whether he can recover from.

Its coming out that AD wants to do Lakers only supposedly.

offset formation
01-29-2019, 09:51 AM

All day.

monty4329
01-29-2019, 10:03 AM

If LA gets AD now, they will be instant contenders. Add a couple of buyout market veteran shooters, and they will be dangerous for the Warriors. I dislike LeBron but he will unstoppable in the playoffs, if paired with AD.
Then it becomes easy to attract another star. LA has zero problems to go deep into tax.

$pursDynasty
01-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Would you trade Depression for a year rental of AD? The Pels might value an all-star (and some sweetner) over the baby useless Lakers and the Celtics can't bid. The Spurs are infinitely better with Davis over Demar, we might do some damage in the playoffs, show off that Spurs culture. If we don't chip it, we can still trade him to recoup losses inferred picking him up. Hate to be that guy but I have somewhat soured on Demar and would trade him for a half a season of AD and whatever we can recoup from trading him later. For me AD rental (plus trade value later)>Demar and say Beli and a draft pick.

exstatic
01-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Would you trade Depression for a year rental of AD? The Pels might value an all-star (and some sweetner) over the baby useless Lakers and the Celtics can't bid. The Spurs are infinitely better with Davis over Demar, we might do some damage in the playoffs, show off that Spurs culture. If we don't chip it, we can still trade him to recoup losses inferred picking him up. Hate to be that guy but I have somewhat soured on Demar and would trade him for a half a season of AD and whatever we can recoup from trading him later. For me AD rental (plus trade value later)>Demar and say Beli and a draft pick.

If you are local, and watch the games, the studio guy, Dan, pointed out that there is a historic career dip in January for Demar, and it's his worst month by far. The good news is that Feb/Mar/Apr are all good to outstanding for him.

I wouldn't worry about this slump. I just think he's gassed. Pop leaned into him really hard to carry the team for the 1st half of the season, and it's taking it's toll.

monty4329
01-29-2019, 10:28 AM

Right. AD is playing his ass off. NO front office did nothing to help him. They got Mirotic for free, and Randle on a discounted contract. Nothing else.
He has all reasons to want out of there. Still, extremely professional. And he is better than Kawhi, frankly.

YGWHI
01-29-2019, 10:36 AM

I wouldn't say that Derrick is better than Ingram or Bryn better than Kuzma.

Also, I doubt NO would want to consider an injured player like DJ as part of the trad.

$pursDynasty
01-29-2019, 10:37 AM
If you are local, and watch the games, the studio guy, Dan, pointed out that there is a historic career dip in January for Demar, and it's his worst month by far. The good news is that Feb/Mar/Apr are all good to outstanding for him.

I wouldn't worry about this slump. I just think he's gassed. Pop leaned into him really hard to carry the team for the 1st half of the season, and it's taking it's toll.
nah not local Spurs fan in Alabama, nice to know. was just spit balling an idea because if word ever got out about the Spurs pursuing a deal like that and it falling through, it might wreck Demar.

$pursDynasty
01-29-2019, 10:40 AM
Heck I say LMA, AD and losing DeRozan (but keeping most of everything else) would make the Spurs the 2nd best team in the West and from there who knows?

YGWHI
01-29-2019, 10:42 AM

But NO doesn't have our PATFO nor Pacers' FO.

They're weak and desperate...I cant see Pels dealing with this LAL pressure.

YGWHI
01-29-2019, 10:48 AM
:tu

exstatic
01-29-2019, 11:00 AM
But NO doesn't have our PATFO nor Pacers' FO.

They're weak and desperate...I cant see Pels dealing with this LAL pressure.

The path has been blazed by both Indy and SA in not giving in to player/agent demands. There's absolutely no rush for N.O. They have a year and like two weeks to do a deal. There is absolutely no reason to take out the Lakers trash.

exstatic
01-29-2019, 11:01 AM

Also, I doubt NO would want to consider an injured player like DJ as part of the trad.

Derrick IS better than Ingram. Kuzma is likely better than Bryn.

buujness
01-29-2019, 11:13 AM
Forgetting the AD pipe dream, if the Pels go rebuilding mode, I would be interested on acquiring Holiday and/or Mirotic.This is the guy that I hope the Spurs brass are looking at with renewed hope/interest. He may not have the ideal size, but his defensive ability coupled with his scoring would be a huge boon to the starting lineup. Consider:

White/Mills
Holiday/Forbes
DeRozan/Belinelli
Gay/Bertans
Aldridge/Poeltl

It would allow Forbes to fully join that ridiculous second unit, reduce minutes/stress for DeRozan, and really shore up the perimeter defense.

YGWHI
01-29-2019, 11:23 AM
The path has been blazed by both Indy and SA in not giving in to player/agent demands. There's absolutely no rush for N.O. They have a year and like two weeks to do a deal. There is absolutely no reason to take out the Lakers trash.

Everyone knows they should wait but I don't trust in Pels' "toughness" to handle this.

Pacers sent PG to a small market like OKC. Pop sent Kawhi to Siberia. If Demps is strong enough he should send a message trading him to Atlanta.

Dex
01-29-2019, 11:31 AM

RD2191
01-29-2019, 11:35 AM

Pop a Goat!

YGWHI
01-29-2019, 11:38 AM
YES!!! #KeepStrongDemps #SayNoToLakers

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-29-2019, 11:39 AM
"Reverse tampering" - dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I guess teams just need to roll over and let the Lakers fleece them. Fvck Lebron and the Lakers.

I've never been a big Jordan fan, nor did I like how the league catered to him during his playing days, but at least he had the balls to just win without the need to sign the next two or three best players in the league to help him. Pippen was a great sidekick, but he was there through it all...not much different than Manu or Parker with Duncan. Seems like Jordan's legacy would have been tainted had he said he needs the Bulls to go out and sign Drexler and Ewing, or Olajuwon or Robinson or (insert superstar here) to play beside him so he could have a better chance to win.

cd021
01-29-2019, 11:43 AM

I think White is definitely better than Ingram while Kuzma is better than Bryn

Kobe'sAchilles
01-29-2019, 11:50 AM
YES!!! #KeepStrongDemps #SayNoToLakers

We can talk to NO during the free agency period right? So how would this be reverse tampering? Lakers have been doing this shit waaay before free agency started

exstatic
01-29-2019, 11:54 AM

No rule against that, at all. I'm glad Dell reached out. Luck the Fakers.

cd021
01-29-2019, 11:57 AM

Pop still pissed about that Gasol for Gasol trade :lol
Love his petty tbh

exstatic
01-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Love his petty tbh

I don't think that's it. I think he's pretty pissed at Magic's third go around of blatant tampering with other team's assets in three years.

skin27
01-29-2019, 12:05 PM
AD to spurs will not happen ever unless he’s a wash up

DPG21920
01-29-2019, 12:07 PM

I would 100% say the group of Murray, White, Lonnie & Bertans is better than Lonzo, Ingram & Kuz.

DPG21920
01-29-2019, 12:08 PM

Then Lonzo is out too. Had off season surgery and injured again and reports of his leg being an issue.

Shakril
01-29-2019, 12:10 PM
1. Spurs dont have the Assets. (everything i have read in this thread was just a pipe-dream with overvalueing spurs players)
2. I like AD in LAL, it is a good fit, so why not.
3. LAL would need to deplete the Roster anyway to get him, which is more or less a retooling of the Lakers. And that takes time.
4. I believe NOrleans will wait till summer, and than trade to Boston. They have the best assets of alle Teams.

Spur|n|Austin
01-29-2019, 01:15 PM
Sounds like Raptors may make an offer

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/report-raptors-expected-make-trade-offer-anthony-davis/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Fusternino
01-29-2019, 01:16 PM
AD taking one from the Kawhi playbook and sabotaging his own trade value so the Lakers give up less to get him.

slick'81
01-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Not unless ur shipping drozan or lma out

DAF86
01-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Sounds like Raptors may make an offer

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/report-raptors-expected-make-trade-offer-anthony-davis/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It would be fun just to compare what the Spurs and Pels got for their respective superstars.

I doubt the Pels ask for anything less than Siakam, OG and a draft pick.

Chillen
01-29-2019, 01:29 PM
This is either going to drag on for months or he will be shipped before the trade deadline. Pop doesn't want to see Lakers get stronger, got to respect him for that.

Spurs Homer
01-29-2019, 01:48 PM
The new NBA. Contracts don't mean shit. Suck up to superstars and allow all the Betas to follow Alphas around to glitzy cities.
Great for the players - great for bandwagon fans who are "player fans" -

Horrible for real basketball fans.

R. DeMurre
01-29-2019, 01:49 PM
A Toronto trade has the potential to be the best for New Orleans, for multiple reasons.

1. New Orleans gets Siakam--a legit player-- plus some combo of Valanciunus, Anunoby, Van Fleet, and picks.

2. If they're mad at the Lakers for orchestrating this behind the scenes, pairing Leonard and Davis gives both of those guys a good reason to think about staying put, and never joining the Lakers.

RC_Drunkford
01-29-2019, 01:54 PM
shit, should've came out half a year earlier. Kawhi for AD would've worked for both teams

timvp
01-29-2019, 01:56 PM
It would be fun just to compare what the Spurs and Pels got for their respective superstars.

I doubt the Pels ask for anything less than Siakam, OG and a draft pick.

AD >>>>> Kawhi value-wise so wouldn't be much to compare, tbh.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-29-2019, 02:01 PM
If AD says he's had a season ending injury cause of a gimpy finger and that he'll only play in LA then his value will be the same as the snake's.

BillMc
01-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Listening to the Stephen A Show. So sad how the media wants these players in the big markets only. And, as small markets go, you'd think New Orleans would be attractive. It's a party town with a large African-American population. Would be a fun place to be if you were a young, rich, black man, I'd think. But I guess its about endorsement deals.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 02:22 PM

How so?

Kawhi > AD as a player.

Injury concerns are pretty much the same. AD might be even be more of an injury prone guy.

Then the whole rent thing. Kawhi is a season, AD one and a half season. Both are asking for a trade, and both reportedly (not officially) want LA. So, not much difference there either.

BillMc
01-29-2019, 02:24 PM
shit, should've came out half a year earlier. Kawhi for AD would've worked for both teams

Rich Paul hadn't done his "magic' yet.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-29-2019, 02:35 PM
Love his petty tbh

PATFO will be going through one hell of a negotiation battle with Klutch for Murray's extension :lol

Arcadian
01-29-2019, 02:36 PM
Nah, not really

timvp
01-29-2019, 02:47 PM
How so?

30 out of 30 teams would pick AD before Nephew if they got to select one. Not even close. He has more potential on both ends, tbh.

AD is younger and as a bigman he should age a lot better.

Injury concerns aren't that close either. AD has had short-term, fluke injuries. Nephew was diagnosed with a degenerative condition.

AD wants out of a place where everyone has wanted out and has never sniffed a championship. Nephew wanted out of a place regarded as a top-flight franchise with a championship history and a possible championship future.

AD would even grade out higher if you're grading his off the court intangibles, whereas Nephew is/was more of a mystery.

AD will rightfully command much, much better offers.

$pursDynasty
01-29-2019, 03:03 PM
heard the Raps might be offering Lowry plus sweetner for AD. Lowry has no love for top man at Raps since he sent off DeRozan. My point is if Lowry gets the deal done then Spurs should offer DeRozan plus sweetner for AD. To me DeMar is a better return than what the other contenders are offering TBH>Baby Lakers or whatever Raptors and Bucks are willing to give up. Most contenders might be willing to give up some complementary pieces and draft picks for the AD rental but Spurs could offer their leading scorer who has a few years left on a deal. Half a year of the "culture" plus really contending with the Dubs might be enough to get him to stay long term...if not trade him off for whatever we can get for him.

RD2191
01-29-2019, 03:04 PM
30 out of 30 teams would pick AD before Nephew if they got to select one. Not even close. He has more potential on both ends, tbh.

Injury concerns aren't that close either. AD has had short-term, fluke injuries. Nephew was diagnosed with a degenerative condition.

AD wants out of a place where everyone has wanted out and has never sniffed a championship. Nephew wanted out of a place regarded as a top-flight franchise with a championship history and a possible championship future.

AD would even grade out higher if you're grading his off the court intangibles, whereas Nephew is/was more of a mystery.

AD is also an injury prone choker tbh

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 03:20 PM

Only thing I still have an issue with still is the "degenerative" condition. Its been so vague from the beginning.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 03:47 PM

I don't know about "potential", all I know is Kawhi is clearly the better player so far. It doesn't get much better on both ends of the floor than a 50/40/90, 2xDPOY, tbh.

There's a 1 year and 8 months difference between the two. Age plays virtually no part when comparing both players.

Also, I totally disagree bigmen age better than perimeter players. Just look at all the latest examples: Dirk is getting token minutes out of respect, Gasol gets those same minutes but only when someone gets hurt, Duncan completely fell off a cliff from one season to the other.

And that's giving you examples of bigmen that relied more on their skills and IQ than athleticism, I didn't even get into the cases of Amare Stoudamire or Chris Bosh.

Meanwhile, guys like Ginobili and Wade remain decent contributors 'till the end. Heck, even Kobe dropped 60 on his last game. His was more a problem of not adapting to a lesser role than his body completely giving up on him (even though Kobe might be the most banged up perimeter player of all-time).

Well, AD seems to get these short-term, "fluke" injuries all the damn time. If you take Kawhi's last season ending "injury", AD has missed more games due to injury than him, and he will probably keep on missing more games for the rest of their respective careers. AD just seems made of glass, while I get the feeling that once Kawhi gets that max contract he will stop missing so many games.

I don't see how that makes a difference in the analysis of other franchises when, no matter who they played for before, the Word is that they both want out to go to LA.

If AD commands better offers is solely because some teams are probably still kicking themselves for not trading for Kawhi when they had the chance (lol Lakers thinking their farm of shitty players wasn't worth Kawhi), that's the only explanation. Because in terms of talent and situations, it's pretty much about the same.

Russ
01-29-2019, 04:00 PM

AD was a consensus #1 pick coming off a national championship (he was Final Four MVP).

Kawhi was the 15th pick who fell into the perfect situation.

You'd have to be a complete Spurs homer to think Kawhi was or is as good as Anthony Davis.

timvp
01-29-2019, 04:02 PM
I don't know about "potential", all I know is Kawhi is clearly the better player so far. It doesn't get much better on both ends of the floor than a 50/40/90, 2xDPOY, tbh.Nephew has never been an elite scorer and defender at the same time. AD is there and will stay there for a while.

There's a 1 year and 8 months difference between the two. Age plays virtually no part when comparing both players.Younger is younger, tbh.

Also, I totally disagree bigmen age better than perimeter players.Uh, I mean, that is an NBA fact, tbh.

Just look at all the latest examples: Dirk is getting token minutes out of respect, Gasol gets those same minutes but only when someone gets hurt, Duncan completely fell off a cliff from one season to the other. Bad examples, tbh. You're talking about ~40-year-old bigmen.

And that's giving you examples of bigmen that relied more on their skills and IQ than athleticism, I didn't even get into the cases of Amare Stoudamire or Chris Bosh.Stoudemire had a career-altering surgery (microfracture) that isn't even done anymore. Bosh had blood clots. Not good examples, tbh.

Meanwhile, guys like Ginobili and Wade remain decent contributors 'till the end. Heck, even Kobe dropped 60 on his last game. His was more a problem of not adapting to a lesser role than his body completely giving up on him (even though Kobe might be the most banged up perimeter player of all-time).Kobe sucked his last handful of years. Pop bar-of-soaped Ginobili by playing him relatively tiny minutes the last handful of years. Wade hasn't been a net positive player in a handful of years and is an age where Duncan, Dirk and Gasol were all useful players.

Well, AD seems to get these short-term, "fluke" injuries all the damn time. If you take Kawhi's last season ending "injury", AD has missed more games due to injury than him, and he will probably keep on missing more games for the rest of their respective careers. AD just seems made of glass, while I get the feeling that once Kawhi gets that max contract he will stop missing so many games."Seems" and "feeling" means you are guessing, tbh. One player has had short-term injuries, the other was publicly diagnosed with a degenerative condition. Not comparable, tbh.

If AD commands better offers is solely because some teams are probably still kicking themselves for not trading for Kawhi when they had the chance (lol Lakers thinking their farm of shitty players wasn't worth Kawhi), that's the only explanation. Because in terms of talent and situations, it's pretty much about the same.Good point about teams probably realizing how dumb it was not to go after Nephew more. But I disagree wholeheartedly about them being comparable trade assets. Take away Nephew's shenanigans of the last 18 months and AD would still have the higher trade value. There was never a point where the Spurs wouldn't have traded Nephew for AD in a heartbeat.

timvp
01-29-2019, 04:03 PM
AD was a consensus #1 pick coming off a national championship (he was Final Four MVP).

Kawhi was the 15th pick who fell into the perfect situation.

You'd have to be a complete Spurs homer to think Kawhi was or is as good as Anthony Davis.

Yeah if Anthony Davis was willing to stay in New Orleans, the Pelicans wouldn't trade him for two Kawhi Leonards.

TDomination
01-29-2019, 04:14 PM
There was never a point where the Spurs wouldn't have traded Nephew for AD in a heartbeat.

I don't agree with this statement.

Pop loved him some Kawhi. I believe it was in the 2016-17 campaign when he publicly said that he believed Kawhi was the best player in the NBA while everyone had Curry, Lebron, Durant, Harden and i'm sure even AD as their #1. Said he was the only player that plays on both ends of the court.

Maybe before that year they would've traded Kawhi for AD. But not after. No way. I had never seen Pop openly and publicly praise a Spurs player outside of the big 3 the way he did with Kawhi. I truly believe he had a soft spot for him. And not like GHill. Pop had Kawhi as a legit MVP that year.

If you watch the Champions Revealed video, he mentions how loves his expressionless moments after a great play. Kawhi stays ho hum no changes where others are beating their chest and whatnot. Thats big for Pop. he loves that. he respects that.

My point is, Pop wanted Kawhi so bad to be the next Timmy. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

Before Timmy retired, Kawhi would've been traded. But afterwards, Kawhi was given the keys. It was about building around him at that point. But Nephew screwed Pop over.

Russ
01-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Here are the career stats for Kawhi and AD:

AD 24.0 PPG 10.6 RPG 51.6%

Kawhi 17.3 PPG 6.3 RPG 49.6%

timvp
01-29-2019, 04:30 PM
I don't agree with this statement.

Pop loved him some Kawhi. I believe it was in the 2016-17 campaign when he publicly said that he believed Kawhi was the best player in the NBA while everyone had Curry, Lebron, Durant, Harden and i'm sure even AD as their #1. Said he was the only player that plays on both ends of the court.

Maybe before that year they would've traded Kawhi for AD. But not after. No way. I had never seen Pop openly and publicly praise a Spurs player outside of the big 3 the way he did with Kawhi. I truly believe he had a soft spot for him. And not like GHill. Pop had Kawhi as a legit MVP that year.

If you watch the Champions Revealed video, he mentions how loves his expressionless moments after a great play. Kawhi stays ho hum no changes where others are beating their chest and whatnot. Thats big for Pop. he loves that. he respects that.

My point is, Pop wanted Kawhi so bad to be the next Timmy. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

Before Timmy retired, Kawhi would've been traded. But afterwards, Kawhi was given the keys. It was about building around him at that point. But Nephew screwed Pop over.

Quality post. But Pop has always hyped up his star players. He was favorably comparing Ginobili to Michael Jordan back in Manu's rookie season. And then there was the whole "centerpiece" fiasco when somehow the Spurs entire team revolved around Keith Bogans when the Spurs had three Hall of Famers in their prime, tbh.

Pop loved Kawhi, that's true, and Kawhi was/is a great player ... but AD is considered a Robinson or Duncan level championship foundational player. That's a step up from Kawhi, unquestionably.

I stand by the statement that if the Pelicans had ever offered Davis for Kawhi, the Spurs pull the trigger instantaneously.

monty4329
01-29-2019, 04:55 PM
A Toronto trade has the potential to be the best for New Orleans, for multiple reasons.

1. New Orleans gets Siakam--a legit player-- plus some combo of Valanciunus, Anunoby, Van Fleet, and picks.

2. If they're mad at the Lakers for orchestrating this behind the scenes, pairing Leonard and Davis gives both of those guys a good reason to think about staying put, and never joining the Lakers.

Will never happen. Toronto could even win it all and that would be funny.

monty4329
01-29-2019, 04:57 PM

Flawless

spurraider21
01-29-2019, 05:01 PM
guys we got this on lockdown because of the Klutch Sports connection.

Rich Paul's 2 most prominent clients are Anthony Davis and DeJounte Murray.

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 05:07 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-pelicans-made-nikola-mirotic-julius-randle-etwaun-moore-available-anthony-davis-lakers/5yxyk0e9crr319wgdhwx12sku

monty4329
01-29-2019, 05:08 PM
guys we got this on lockdown because of the Klutch Sports connection.

Rich Paul's 2 most prominent clients are Anthony Davis and DeJounte Murray.

Murray too to LA?

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Murray too to LA?

in 5 years apparently the way things are going.

Millennial_Messiah
01-29-2019, 05:20 PM

all of those plus Derozan, and Aldridge if they want him

Anthony Davis is another Duncan on the right team

exstatic
01-29-2019, 05:24 PM
all of those plus Derozan, and Aldridge if they want him

Anthony Davis is another Duncan on the right team

Duncan took less talent than AD has around him now to the title in 2003....

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Why do white fans hate seeing Black players in power? Nothing angers them more:lol

Davis stayed with the Pelicans for 7 seasons, he gave them plenty of time to make moves to convince him to stay..he's supposed to allow Dell Demps to dictate his legacy?

You want him to stay with a garbage team run by a horrible front office his entire career, but you'll still call him a loser when he retires without a ring..

Millennial_Messiah
01-29-2019, 05:42 PM
Duncan took less talent than AD has around him now to the title in 2003....

Crazy thing about that team is, if you consider all the players on our roster that year as if they were all in their prime, it's one of the greatest and deepest rosters in NBA history.

2003 Duncan +
2007 Parker +
2005 Ginobili +
2005 Bowen +
2007 S. Jackson (GSW) +
1995 Admiral +
1990s Steve Smith, Danny Ferry, Kevin Willis, Steve Kerr
2003 Malik Rose & Speedy Claxton round out the roster

The problem was that team is that literally almost everyone except Duncan was NOT in their prime. Every single player besides TD was either a couple years too young or at least a half decade too old. Still my favorite championship of all time because we were underdogs not just that year (we started a pedestrian 19-13 in 02-03)... but really since 2000. 2005 and 2014 are tied for second place.

Millennial_Messiah
01-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Why do white fans hate seeing Black players in power? Nothing angers them more:lol

Davis stayed with the Pelicans for 7 seasons, he gave them plenty of time to make moves to convince him to stay..he's supposed to allow Dell Demps to dictate his legacy?

You want him to stay with a garbage team run by a horrible front office his entire career, but you'll still call him a loser when he retires without a ring..

Malone's last year in LA not withstanding, I respect guys like Malone, Reggie Miller, Dan Marino that busted their ass with one team for 15-20 years only to come up just short of the big prize, over a souless sociopathic mercenary like LeBitch or Durbeta...

DAF86
01-29-2019, 06:47 PM
Nephew has never been an elite scorer and defender at the same time. AD is there and will stay there for a while.

According to what criteria? What would be considered "elite", where do we draw the line? In 2016 Kawhi averaged 21 ppg on 50 FG%, 44 3pt%, and 89 FT% while winning DPOY. You don't consider that to be elite at both ends?

Uh, I mean, that is an NBA fact, tbh.

Could be, I have never searched for facts regarding this. Is there one out there that proves that bigmen age better than perimeter players? If so, is that taking into consideration today's style of play, where not only you usually play only one big alongside three or even four 6'6" or over guys, but also that one big has to be mobile enough to don't get eaten alive?

"Seems" and "feeling" means you are guessing, tbh. One player has had short-term injuries, the other was publicly diagnosed with a degenerative condition. Not comparable, tbh.

Is it official that Kawhi has a degenerative condition?

Good point about teams probably realizing how dumb it was not to go after Nephew more. But I disagree wholeheartedly about them being comparable trade assets. Take away Nephew's shenanigans of the last 18 months and AD would still have the higher trade value. There was never a point where the Spurs wouldn't have traded Nephew for AD in a heartbeat.

Really? You think the Spurs who, admittedly, have had hard times trading away role players for their "culture" and "corporate knoweledge" would trade away who they, again admittedly, felt was the best player in the World? (and I believed Pop when he said that, because back when he said it many of us thought that that might have been the case).

Sorry, but I can't agree with that one bit. At no point of their respective careers was Davis a better player than Kawhi, and you can't talk about "potential" with guys that have been Superstars of the league for more than a minute now. They are who they are and the chances of either of them showing some kind of substantial improvement are very slim.

Kawhi is a beast with the best winning% of all-time while Davis has one playoffs series win in 7 years of career. Sure, a lot of that is due to circumstances but you can't underrate the impact (or lack of it) each player had on their respective teams.

TD 21
01-29-2019, 06:48 PM
- Davis is definitely better than Leonard right now and save for a blip 2 seasons ago, always has been. Until proven otherwise, only playoff James is definitively better than him.

- Arguing that guards/wings age better than bigs (namely skilled, long ones, like the one in question) is asinine, especially coming from a Spurs fan.

- I don't doubt the Spurs would have picked Davis over Leonard in a vacuum, but had what happened not, would they have actually offered him for him? Doesn't seem their style.

- Media bias overload. From trying to will him to the Lakers, to claiming they should have offered the Spurs little, but the Pelicans lots (circumstances are somewhat different, but still), to claiming their latest darlings, the Raptors, should be serious threats when their best asset is an (elite) complimentary player.

- Some of the fan anger stems from racism (probably mostly subconsciously), but more so it's the way some of the players have gone about it, the sheer frequency and the groupthink, in terms of the same few teams/markets.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 07:00 PM
- Davis is definitely better than Leonard right now and save for a blip 2 seasons ago, always has been. Until proven otherwise, only playoff James is definitively better than him.

Kawhi will end on the top 5 of MVP voting this season( and the only reason he won't finish higher or even win it all is because of all the rest thing), while Davis won't even be in the picture, as usual.

Arguing that guards/wings age better than bigs (namely skilled, long ones, like the one in question) is asinine, especially coming from a Spurs fan.

On today's NBA? I think they do. However, like I said, I'm not all in on this take, I can change my stance if sensible data is shown proving otherwise.

I don't doubt the Spurs would have picked Davis over Leonard in a vacuum, but had what happened not, would they have actually offered him for him? Doesn't seem their style.

Since 2016 up untill this last season fiasco, there's absolutely no way the Spurs would have traded Kawhi for AD straight up at any point. One was arguably the best player in the World, while the other was an injury plagued bigmen that couldn't lift his team above mediocrity.

TD 21
01-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Kawhi will end on the top 5 of MVP voting this season( and the only reason he won't finish higher or even win it all is because of all the rest thing), while Davis won't even be in the picture, as usual.

On today's NBA? I think they do. However, like I said, I'm not all in on this take, I can change my stance if sensible data is shown proving otherwise.

Since 2016 up untill this last season fiasco, there's absolutely no way the Spurs would have traded Kawhi for AD straight up at any point. One was arguably the best player in the World, while the other was an injury plagued bigmen that couldn't lift his team above mediocrity.

As usual, your anti-big bias is clouding your judgement.

Yeah because he's on a much better team. As usual, Davis has outplayed him though, as evidenced by virtually every catch all metric.

History and logic tells us otherwise. Even recent history. Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki, Gasol, were all effective into their late 30s, while their perimeter counterparts fell off a cliff.

Leonard was never arguably the best player in the world. He had a brief period around 2 years ago where he was something like co-2nd. They've both been injury prone and Davis has surpassed Leonard in terms of play making.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
As usual, your anti-big bias is clouding your judgement.

I don't have any anti-big bias, tbh. :lol I just realize that in today's NBA they aren't as valuable as they used to be. Case in point: Anthony Davis. A freak of nature like him would be able to do better than one playoffs series win in 7 years in "yesterday's NBA", no matter how shitty the cast around him is.

Yeah because he's on a much better team. As usual, Davis has outplayed him though, as evidenced by virtually every catch all metric.

"As usual" :lol for their careers those same metrics you talk about favour Kawhi.

History and logic tells us otherwise. Even recent history. Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki, Gasol, were all effective into their late 30s, while their perimeter counterparts fell off a cliff.

History isn't long enough yet to compare longevity of bigmen vs perimeter players in today's NBA.

Leonard was never arguably the best player in the world. He had a brief period around 2 years ago where he was something like co-2nd. They've both been injury prone and Davis has surpassed Leonard in terms of play making.

In 2017 Leonard was definitely in the best player in the World discussion, that's why Pop actually said he was.

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Also ..

is it scarring or "Degeneration" because the 2 things are not synonymous. Degenerative is a long standing issue from overuse, i.e. wearing out your cartiladge from day to day use, body can't replace it and the body reacts. Changes are degenerative.

Scarring is the result of a single event causing a problem and body's response to the trauma is fibrosis (e.g. scarring).

His history lends towards scarring from trauma (the miami game they pointed out). A degenerative muscle problem is that Kwahi actually has something like ALS/ Lou Gherig's disease.... Big difference.

skin27
01-29-2019, 07:36 PM
I don't have any anti-big bias, tbh. :lol I just realize that in today's NBA they aren't as valuable as they used to be. Case in point: Anthony Davis. A freak of nature like him would be able to do better than one playoffs series win in 7 years in "yesterday's NBA", no matter how shitty the cast around him is.

"As usual" :lol for their careers those same metrics you talk about favour Kawhi.

History isn't long enough yet to compare longevity of bigmen vs perimeter players in today's NBA.

In 2017 Leonard was definitely in the best player in the World discussion, that's why Pop actually said he was.

:lolAnyone who thinks leonard was in the best player in the world conversation when he’s not better than westbrook and harden that year

TD 21
01-29-2019, 07:37 PM

You do. The Pelicans have probably had the worst injury luck in his time in the league, including him. They've also been poorly managed. '03 Duncan was an exception to the rule, but there's generally only so much one player can do. Even James didn't win a championship until he was surrounded by multiple other All-Stars and he wouldn't have made the Finals most years if he were in the West.

They don't and even if they did, Leonard has never touched the season Davis is having, is no more a natural offensive hub nor has a strong enough playoff pedigree as one to take precedence.

It doesn't matter. The less reliant you are on tools that are bound to age poorly, the better you're likely to age. James, Durant, Leonard, etc. are different than Bryant, Wade, Ginobili, etc. though because they're all essentially half bigs.

No, Pop said it because he was biased and being a prisoner of the moment. There hasn't been a legit discussion in 11 years.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 07:41 PM
:lolAnyone who thinks leonard was in the best player in the world conversation when he’s not better than westbrook and harden that year

Talk to Pop, tbh. (1:45 minutes mark).

zk0yy2guJcs

DAF86
01-29-2019, 07:55 PM
You do. The Pelicans have probably had the worst injury luck in his time in the league, including him. They've also been poorly managed. '03 Duncan was an exception to the rule, but there's generally only so much one player can do. Even James didn't win a championship until he was surrounded by multiple other All-Stars and he wouldn't have made the Finals most years if he were in the West.

I'm not talking about winning championships. I'm talking about winning more than 1 playoffs series in 7 years. I'm talking about making the playoffs more than twice in that same time frame.

They don't and even if they did, Leonard has never touched the season Davis is having, is no more a natural offensive hub nor has a strong enough playoff pedigree as one to take precedence.

For their careers:

Kawhi: BPM: 6.2 - VORP: 28.4 - WS/48: .221

Davis: BPM: 4.8 - VORP: 26.9 - WS/48: .215

So tell again, which are these metrics were Davis, "as usual", performs better than Kawhi.

It doesn't matter. The less reliant you are on tools that are bound to age poorly, the better you're likely to age. James, Durant, Leonard, etc. are different than Bryant, Wade, Ginobili, etc. though because they're all essentially half bigs.

Between Leonard and Davis I would say that AD is the one that relies more on tools that will age poorly, tbh.

No, Pop said it because he was biased and being a prisoner of the moment. There hasn't been a legit discussion in 11 years.

Do you really see Pop as the knee jerk type? He's usually very reserved, and doesn't seem like the kind to overpraise his own. Heck, I don't think I have ever heard Pop say Duncan was the best player in the World (although I want to believe he must have said it sometime).

TD 21
01-29-2019, 08:01 PM
I'm not talking about winning championships. I'm talking about winning more than 1 playoffs series in 7 years. I'm talking about making the playoffs more than twice in that same time frame.

For their careers:

Kawhi: BPM: 6.2 - VORP: 28.4 - WS/48: .221

Davis: BPM: 4.8 - VORP: 26.9 - WS/48: .215

So tell again, which are these metrics were Davis, "as usual", performs better than Kawhi.

Between Leonard and Davis I would say that AD is the one that relies more on tools that will age poorly, tbh.

Do you really see Pop as the knee jerk type? He's usually very reserved, and doesn't seem like the kind to overpraise his own. Heck, I don't think I have ever heard Pop say Duncan was the best player in the World (although I want to believe he must have said it sometime).

I know and I don't disagree, but the injuries, poor roster construction and being in the West have been by far the biggest reasons for that. It's not because of some inherent flaw.

Context: Davis has had to carry his franchise from day 1. Leonard had to for 1 season ('16-'17). Had Leonard had that responsibility throughout, a bunch of his career metrics wouldn't look as good as they do now.

Pop called Duncan the best player in the world sometime in the early 00s.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 08:06 PM
I know and I don't disagree, but the injuries, poor roster construction and being in the West have been by far the biggest reasons for that. It's not because of some inherent flaw.

Untill proven otherwise, we won't ever know.

Context: Davis has had to carry his franchise from day 1. Leonard had to for 1 season ('16-'17). Had Leonard had that responsibility throughout, a bunch of his career metrics wouldn't look as good as they do now.

Well, you didn't talk about context when you made your original comment. You just said: "as usual, Davis is having better metrics" which is a lie, because Davis doesn't "usually" tend to have better metrics than Kawhi.

Also, I would argue that having lesser teammates, and therefore lesser replacements, tends to help you with stats like BPM and VORP.

Pop called Duncan the best player in the world, sometime in the early 00s.

And he was right. It wasn't a knee jerk reaction.

TD 21
01-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Untill proven otherwise, we won't ever know.

Well, you didn't talk about context when you Made your original comment. You just said: "as usual, Davis is having better metrics" whic is a lie, because Davis doesn't tend to have better metrics than Kawhi.

And he was right. It wasn't a knee jerk reaction.

We will because of common sense. No one as good as him is only capable of 1 playoff series win and 2 playoff appearances in 6 seasons because of some inherent flaw with them.

I haven't been around in a few weeks; even greatness gets rusty. I forgot that the vast majority either doesn't know better, doesn't factor that in or both.

He was never better than James for the simple fact that the latter possesses the most important skill in the game and the one he doesn't: the ability to make his teammates better.

Leetonidas
01-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Funny seeing that Pop spoke with Demps (supposedly) and told him not to cave to LA :lol Popblocked

callo1
No chance of AD, Magic and the media has already made their play. 50k fine is a joke.

Magic can always hide behind the national media and let them do his bidding.

Check this article out: https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/01/why-you-should-be-rooting-for-the-lakers-to-land-anthony-davis

I checked articles author out. He would have you believe he is a Knicks fan, but he calls LA his home.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-caparell-b9a36762

The fix is always in, even when you don't know about it. It all comes down to the Benjamins. Just ask the Saints.

Did you know that the New Orleans Saints market is 30th in the NFL, while the Chiefs is 27th.

For comparisons sake, New England has the 2nd largest NFL market, while the resurgent Rams have the 2nd largest overall sports market.

So say the Saints and Chiefs would have met in the Superbowl...2 small markets sharing the same time zones. Great revenue for the NFL which has see its ratings drop 9.7 percent since last year. It simply wasn't allowed to happen. Anyone who thinks those games had accidental blown calls is a fool.

DAF86
We will because of common sense. No one as good as him is only capable of 1 playoff series win and 2 playoff appearances in 6 seasons because of some inherent flaw with them.

Maybe he has leadership problems, maybe him being constantly in and out of lineups with recurring injuries fucks up with his teammates rythm. Maybe he's just an empty stats guy like Kevin Love back in the day. Untill he proves he can win consistently, we will never know.

I haven't been around in a few weeks; even greatness gets rusty. I forgot that the vast majority either doesn't know better, doesn't factor that in or both.

Poor attempt at a cop out, tbh. :lol

Also, don't worry, I know just as good as anyone, tbh.

He was never better than James for the simple fact that the latter possesses the most important skill in the game and the one he doesn't: the ability to make his teammates better.

I have never ranked Kawhi ahead of Lebron but I could definitely see point of people thinking that back in 2017. That's how good Kawhi was that year. So yeah, he was "arguably" the best player in the World.

TD 21
01-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Maybe he has leadership problems, maybe him constantly being in and out of lineups with recurring injuries fucks up with his teammates rythm. Maybe he's just an empty stats guy like Kevin Love back in the day. Untill he proves he can win consistently, we will never know.

Poor attempt at a cop out, tbh. :lol

Also, don't worry, I know just as good as anyone, tbh.

I have never ranked Kawhi ahead of Lebron but I could definitely see point of people thinking that back in 2017. That's how good Kawhi was that year. So yeah, he was "arguably" the best player in the World.

Then the same applies to Leonard, who's resume as a lead player, on better teams, isn't much better. Matter fact, he has 2 playoff series wins, 1 against the injury decimated Grizzlies and the other against the declining Grizzlies.

You should be familiar enough with my work to know that I'd be well aware of easily accessible numbers before bringing them up. I'm nothing if not thorough.

Never. No one has been since '07 Duncan.

To be clear, we're splitting hairs here between Davis and Leonard. I'm certainly not suggesting he's in another stratosphere.

Spurs da champs
01-29-2019, 08:31 PM

:lmao you really think Westbrook>Leonard that year?

DAF86
01-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Then the same applies to Leonard, who's resume as a lead player, on better teams, isn't much better. Matter fact, he has 12 playoff series wins, 1 against the injury decimated Grizzlies and the other against the declining Grizzlies.

Kawhi has the best winning % ever as a player. There's no way to compare that to one playoffs series win in 7 years.

You should be familiar enough with my work to know that I'd be well aware of easily accessible numbers before bringing them up. I'm nothing if not thorough.

Well, you dropped the ball on this one.

To be clear, we're splitting hairs here between Davis and Leonard. I'm certainly not suggesting he's in another stratosphere.

Really? the way you worded this:

Gave me another impression, tbh.

TD 21
01-29-2019, 08:38 PM
Kawhi has the best winning % ever as a player. There's no way to compare that to one playoffs series win in 7 years.

Well, you dropped the ball on this one.

Really, the way you worded this:

Gave me another impression, tbh.

As a lead player.

Without giving it much thought, I think he's better, but not drastically so.

Uriel
01-29-2019, 09:21 PM
I stand by the statement that if the Pelicans had ever offered Davis for Kawhi, the Spurs pull the trigger instantaneously.
Well, timvp does have insider info so I doubt he's just speculating when he says that.

DAF86
01-29-2019, 09:30 PM
As a lead player.

Without giving it much thought, I think he's better, but not drastically so.

Kawhi's winning % as a leader is even better than his overall winning %, tbh. He has two 60+ wins seasons under his belt on that role.

skin27
01-29-2019, 10:05 PM

yes!! That’s why westbrook won the mvp

skin27
01-29-2019, 10:05 PM

yes!! That’s why westbrook won the mvp

Russ
01-29-2019, 10:34 PM

I can't believe anyone would debate this.

Apart from the statistical analysis, in the real world, does anyone doubt that each and every NBA GM would consider it a no-brainer to trade Kawhi for AD?

toki9
01-29-2019, 10:55 PM
I think Pop talking to Dell Demps is really much ado about nothing. Demps got his NBA FO career started in San Antonio. Demps probably still talks to Pop/RC for advice, etc., and that's probably what happened. Demps turning to Pop for some advice, and the media turning that into Pop trying to screw over the Lakers rather than just giving an old friend some advice based on his own experience.

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 10:57 PM
heard it on NBA radio on drive home, might be reported by Woj. That Pels are saying that they aren't trading AD by the trade deadline unless they are blown away by a can't miss trade.

R. DeMurre
01-29-2019, 11:08 PM
Kind of funny that Jahlil Okafor, now starting, just completed the best 5 game streak of his career, posting an average of:

21.2 ppg
11 rpg
2.6 bpg
74.6% FG%

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2019, 11:09 PM
Overrated stat padder on a shitty team. Minny Kevin Love with a unibrow. Okafor and Randle can put up 20 a night on that paper thin team...
Tired of always being right.

lmbebo
01-29-2019, 11:13 PM
Kind of funny that Jahlil Okafor, now starting, just completed the best 5 game streak of his career, posting an average of:

21.2 ppg
11 rpg
2.6 bpg
74.6% FG%

Offensive talent was always there. It was the early trouble he got into. The lack of speed and defense as well. But I'm happy he's getting an opportunity to show what he can do. Only thing I think is a fluke is the FG%. Won't stay that high. Otherwise, I think the rest of the numbers are easily numbers he could maintain going forward.

All things considered, NO could still get production from the center spot. He's no AD. But he's no Chuck Nevitt.

R. DeMurre
01-29-2019, 11:16 PM
I think Pop talking to Dell Demps is really much ado about nothing. Demps got his NBA FO career started in San Antonio. Demps probably still talks to Pop/RC for advice, etc., and that's probably what happened. Demps turning to Pop for some advice, and the media turning that into Pop trying to screw over the Lakers rather than just giving an old friend some advice based on his own experience.

I dunno... Pop just dealt with essentially the same issue and sent Kawhi East instead of his preferred destination in the West, and I could see him making the argument that giving in to demands of a player under contract sets a bad precedent for GMs. LeBron is 34 now, and every little delay put in his way lessens the chance of the Lakers building a team that could challenge for a ring. I guess I would just phrase it as "trying to prevent another superteam" as opposed to "trying to screw over" the Lakers because of a vendetta.

Russ
01-29-2019, 11:22 PM
. . . as opposed to "trying to screw over" the Lakers because of a vendetta.

No one needs to "screw over" the Lakers.

They consistently do that themselves.

toki9
01-29-2019, 11:23 PM
I dunno... Pop just dealt with essentially the same issue and sent Kawhi East instead of his preferred destination in the West, and I could see him making the argument that giving in to demands of a player under contract sets a bad precedent for GMs. LeBron is 34 now, and every little delay put in his way lessens the chance of the Lakers building a team that could challenge for a ring. I guess I would just phrase it as "trying to prevent another superteam" as opposed to "trying to screw over" the Lakers because of a vendetta.

Or Pop pointing out that the same deals will still be available in July when the Celtics can officially make their offer. Doing a deal now under pressure just limits the Pels' options. Waiting it out is better for the franchise and that should be the priority, not pleasing the player who wants to leave.