PDA

View Full Version : Is Greg Popvich Basketball Arsene Wenger..

apalisoc_9
02-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Made this comment two years ago in spurstalk and everyone threw a tantrum.

Anyway, enjoy the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I93vmG77v4

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2019, 02:14 PM
:lmao povertyball

Mikeanaro
02-03-2019, 02:26 PM
He is an Arse, thats for sure.

UZER
02-03-2019, 02:44 PM
He is an Arse, thats for sure.

:lol

RC_Drunkford
02-03-2019, 03:01 PM
no cause Wenger never won anything

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Popovich is the Arsene Wenger of basketball. Past his prime, cute little regular season coach that will get you good positioning in the standings, shit the bed when the real tournament starts. Both chase cheap bottom of the barrel players in free agency and never sign stars. Both are untouchable from the media and the front office and will only leave the team when they please.

Nice. Perfect analogy, imo.

We've been saying this for years, tbh. The media, like always, years late to the party.

I thought he was past his prime then, now that every NBA has involved 3pt shooting in their offenses he's even more washed up now. How can you rank so bad in 3PA/game with this roster full of pure shooters? Smh

apalisoc_9
02-03-2019, 04:25 PM
We've been saying this for years, tbh. The media, like always, years late to the party.

I thought he was past his prime then, now that every NBA has involved 3pt shooting in their offenses he's even more washed up now. How can you rank so bad in 3PA/game with this roster full of pure shooters? Smh

Good call breh.

GreekSpursfan
02-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Spurs take efficient shots not threes for the sake of shooting threes. Pop still the best coach in bball easily. Without elite talent there's only so much you can do. Lets take the Bucks for example, they played the awful Wizards without Giannis and lost quite handily, you put Giannis in there and the shooters all of a sudden are wide open and your system seems to work. In Spurs case, replace Depression with Giannis and you instantly go to the WCF because you have more space to launch more threes and more efficient ones. Bud looks like a genius but if you take one guy out he is just a good coach.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 04:50 PM
Spurs take efficient shots not threes for the sake of shooting threes. Pop still the best coach in bball easily. Without elite talent there's only so much you can do. Lets take the Bucks for example, they played the awful Wizards without Giannis and lost quite handily, you put Giannis in there and the shooters all of a sudden are wide open and your system seems to work. In Spurs case, replace Depression with Giannis and you instantly go to the WCF because you have more space to launch more threes and more efficient ones. Bud looks like a genius but if you take one guy out he is just a good coach.
Lol no.

The Bucks have the exact same roster (plus Lopez) as last year. For some reason they're the best team in the league now... maybe, idk, the hiring on Budenholzer took them from pretender to contender? He's an elite coach who overachieves with what he has. The 2015 Hawks were an example of that.

Pop isn't overachieving with what he has. He's a Nate McMillan "Point A to Point B" type coach at this point. No one called Nate a great coach because he made the playoffs with Aldridge and scrubs. For some reason most of you think what Pop is doing is incredible. It's really not. He'll win a little under 50 games this season with a decent roster consisting of arguably two all stars and great shooters and then will get destroyed in the first round for the third consecutive year. Not exactly earth shattering stuff.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Arsene Wenger was always good enough to make a Top 4 side, just like Pop is good enough to make a 7/8th seed. Both were left to live on their past success because the superstars they had were gone. Wenger left Arsenal, but it happened when he wanted it and his own decision. That's the only way Pop will leave San Antonio as well. Both were just paycheck collectors after the people that were carrying them left.

SpursRussia
02-03-2019, 05:04 PM
No, he’s Alex Ferguson, it’s obvious for a number of reasons

GreekSpursfan
02-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Lol no.

The Bucks have the exact same roster (plus Lopez) as last year. For some reason they're the best team in the league now... maybe, idk, the hiring on Budenholzer took them from pretender to contender? He's an elite coach who overachieves with what he has. The 2015 Hawks were an example of that.

Pop isn't overachieving with what he has. He's a Nate McMillan "Point A to Point B" type coach at this point. No one called Nate a great coach because he made the playoffs with Aldridge and scrubs. For some reason most of you think what Pop is doing is incredible. It's really not. He'll win a little under 50 games this season with a decent roster consisting of arguably two all stars and great shooters and then will get destroyed in the first round for the third consecutive year. Not exactly earth shattering stuff.

lol no back at you, Bucks had the worst coach in the league by far, Jason freaking Kidd, their roster is pretty good with an MVP calliber player. Atlanta had better roster than this Spurs roster. A younger Al Horford that we see how important he is for the Celtics, younger Milsap, younger elite shooter K.Korver, who's our elite shooter? Davis B? Not in the same stratosfere imo. Both Horford and Milsap can also play great defense. Pop has to deal with a zero experience back court. No one said that Bud is not very good coach but lets not overeact with what he has achieved with the Bucks, it was bound to happen. I still take Pop over Bud. If you put Pop with the Bucks he will accomplish the same result and they might be even more favourites to get out of the East because Pop has more experience in the playoffs. We disagree

GusT15
02-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Lol no.

Well TGY,you're both kinda right and wrong at the same time.

As someone who has watched every Bucks game for the past 3 seasons i can reassure you,that,yes,Budenholzer made that team contenders,not even from pretenders,but from 1st round exits year after year..

But you're wrong in thinking he had some magic wand and transformed that franchise and is currently overachieving.
What Bud did in the summer and game after game so far this season is construct a team that fully utilizes his Top 5 Superstar while getting 110% from his role players..

Sounds familiar? Well he is Pop's greatest disciple after all..
What did Pop do when he had a Top5 Superstar (Leonard)? As ugly as it was he constructed the whole gameplan around his strengths and with what he had he made a legitimate contender.

Nowadays he doesn't have the talent to construct a contender.So he does whatever he can to tweak and experiment to have the Spurs in position for a playoff's run.

As for the question in hand from the OP.
The equivalent for an NBA WORLD Championship is not the Premier League.It's the Champion's League.
You wanna know how many of those Wenger won? The astounding,mind blowing number of ZERO.

The only thing Arsene can be compared to Pop is longevity.
Not coaching style,not success,not cultural impact.Longevity and loyalty to a franchise.That's it.

gospursgojas
02-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Lol soccer

Spurtacular
02-04-2019, 06:43 PM
He's not Bill Belicek after all.

Mr. Body
02-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Invincibles.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Invincibles.
That Arsenal team drew12 times that year. The also crashed out of the league cups by United and Middlesbrough and lost to Chelsea in Champions league quarter finals.

Arcadian
02-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Never heard of him.

RodNIc91
02-04-2019, 07:46 PM

Mr. Body
02-04-2019, 08:10 PM
That Arsenal team drew12 times that year. The also crashed out of the league cups by United and Middlesbrough and lost to Chelsea in Champions league quarter finals.

Still won the league, which is the point. And draws. Lol. It's fucking soccer.

alpha_HaZE
02-04-2019, 08:45 PM
anyone with 10+K posts is a comeplete idiot and this thread is an good example of that.

BD24
02-04-2019, 10:45 PM
I don't watch doublehandjob ball tbh. Do you have a different comparison perhaps?

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2019, 11:00 PM
one is popabitch, the other is wenger the wanker...same same?

8FOR!3
02-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Honestly some Spurs fans on here are just shit fans. And politically I disagree with Pop on a lot of things but if you can't respect him as a coach or as a human then that's a character flaw on your behalf. Are there younger hungrier coaches out there who are also very good at what they do? Yeah, Brad Stevens is the obviously example but he's not the only one. The guy won his last championship at what 65 years old? And the whole time in between 2007 and 2014 the same fans would talk shit about him being washed up and no longer a top tier coach or a guy who could coach a championship team. Ya'll shit on the Patty Mills contract (who is having a better season on the court this year than last year,) but who has also been one of those best bench players in the NBA and one of the leaders on the team. Is it a great deal he's on? No, but it isn't some gross overpay ya'll make it out to be. Character does matter and it has a lot to do with the locker room environment and attitude the players have. Ya'll turn on star players who are new to the team and having a hard time fitting in at times after one bad month or so.

This is an obvious retooling team that started off bad but has gotten somewhat better since and is now dealing with some ups and downs. The team lost all of their good defenders, but on the flip side we have a lot of young talent getting big playing time (Derrick White, Jakob Poeltl, Davis Bertans, Bryn Forbes etc.). All 4 of those guy's stocks have gone up this year, some of them have gone way up. If you can't see the player development and the energy Pop coaches with then you're the disconnected one not the front office.

The Pau Gasol contract is bad. However, he did the team a favor so we could go after Chris Paul. CP3 made his decisions (which might long term end up being the best for this team) and so we did Gasol a solid because when you're a small market team and players do right by you sometimes you have to do right by them. That's how you build a good reputation that's how you get all stars like LMA to want to join your team. But you know some of ya'll are quick to turn on LaMarcus Aldridge too. Plus I think we tried to move Gasol but at this point we couldn't get a return worth our while.

Yes the front office isn't perfect and yes there are some good basketball minds on this board, but some of ya'll who shit on the front office for every little stupid thing and really think you can do better...give me a break. The negativity is ridiculous, it's not like we're losing to teams we are clearly heads down better than on a daily basis. Teams like Sacramento and Portland have talent and can play good ball and if we're missing one of our best players the odds are we're not going to be the better team that night. Why be a fan of a team when all you're going to do is be negative and shit on the players and the front office?

About done with my rant, but some of ya'll just want change without considering the consequences. Dante Cunningham isn't a good player, we've established that (although some nights he's playable. When the team is healthy he usually doesn't play much anyways.) But the odds are he's a harder worker and a better guy in the locker room than the fringe trash player you want the team to sign. Omri Casspi hasn't been the most liked by teammates in the past and he doesn't play a lick of defense yet some of ya'll think the front office is inept for not signing him. Corey Brewer is a fringe rotation player on the backside of his career who's never stuck but we're dumb for not signing him too right? The difference between him and Pon is probably very little and Pon knows how to go about things the right way he shows up early to practice and stays late, he puts in the work and is a pro's pro and accepts his role even if it means little minutes.

8FOR!3
02-09-2019, 05:45 PM
LA is a big market team that requires superstars for the organization to have any success. Without Kobe/LeBron type players that team is absolute shit. They have plenty of depth and young talent and it doesn’t mean shit

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Time to put this senile old fuck out of his misery. Pull the plug

Hoops Czar
02-09-2019, 07:20 PM
LA is a big market team that requires superstars for the organization to have any success. Without Kobe/LeBron type players that team is absolute shit. They have plenty of depth and young talent and it doesn’t mean shit
You could literally replace LA with San Antonio and you're post would still be accurate. Never heard of a team winning championships from charisma, fortitude and togetherness without having superstar players in the mix. Name me the last team to win a championship without having superstar talent?

Dreadnought
02-09-2019, 07:32 PM
OK, my first post. I am very surprised and disappointed so many people show such lack of respect towards quite possibly the best coach in the history of the NBA. Are you aware he's won five titles in the past 20 years? For the NBA, that's pretty amazing, unparalleled even, especially for a small market team. Lakers have 5, Heat have 3, Warriors have 3 in the same timespan. Are you aware that Popovich built, quietly, unassumingly, behind the scenes, another title-winning roster in 2016, only for that imbecile Pachulia to destroy the franshise with one movement if his talentless, retarded foot? Spurs were 23 up at the Oracle, not accidentally at all.

Now, I am not blind. The season has been hot ans cold so far. This was a frustrating game at Utah. But, we were without Gay and White, and Dejounte of course. What worries me is when I see that Popovich can't find any solution for the opponent who keeps abusing the same tactic. We got killed on the pnr and the only thing the Coach tried was the zone in the 2nd, which failed miserably. I am afraid the late switch pnr defense has been figured out by teams after the initial good effect and we now can't seem to stop anything. Hopefully, Pop will find some solutions and we will make the playoffs. Then, it's reckoning time in the summer before I believe Pop's final season. If we can get a good 3&D wing, recover Dejounte, and get another scorer to ho with LMA and DD, we can contend again since the GSW are likely to disband and it will be open hunt season.

Hoops Czar
02-09-2019, 07:38 PM
OK, my first post. I am very surprised and disappointed so many people show such lack of respect towards quite possibly the best coach in the history of the NBA. Are you aware he's won five titles in the past 20 years? For the NBA, that's pretty amazing, unparalleled even, especially for a small market team. Lakers have 5, Heat have 3, Warriors have 3 in the same timespan. Are you aware that Popovich built, quietly, unassumingly, behind the scenes, another title-winning roster in 2016, only for that imbecile Pachulia to destroy the franshise with one movement if his talentless, retarded foot? Spurs were 23 up at the Oracle, not accidentally at all.

Now, I am not blind. The season has been hot ans cold so far. This was a frustrating game at Utah. But, we were without Gay and White, and Dejounte of course. What worries me is when I see that Popovich can't find any solution for the opponent who keeps abusing the same tactic. We got killed on the pnr and the only thing the Coach tried was the zone in the 2nd, which failed miserably. I am afraid the late switch pnr defense has been figured out by teams after the initial good effect and we now can't seem to stop anything. Hopefully, Pop will find some solutions and we will make the playoffs. Then, it's reckoning time in the summer before I believe Pop's final season. If we can get a good 3&D wing, recover Dejounte, and get another scorer to ho with LMA and DD, we can contend again since the GSW are likely to disband and it will be open hunt season.

Just how great was Tim Duncan to turn a slightly better than average head coach into one of the greatest in NBA history? Where's Duncan's statue already?

Dreadnought
02-09-2019, 07:44 PM
Just how great was Tim Duncan to turn a slightly better than average head coach into one of the greatest in NBA history? Where's Duncan's statue already?

There were better players and rosters who haven't won the ring in the meantime. Pop did it 5 times. Duncan wasn't MJ.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2019, 07:55 PM
There were better players and rosters who haven't won the ring in the meantime. Pop did it 5 times. Duncan wasn't MJ.
Pop sucking faggot :lol

What has that senile fuck done without Duncan and Kawhi? The old man has said Duncan was the franchise himself. That's why he planned to retire when he did, so he wouldn't be exposed as the fraud we're seeing today.

Dreadnought
02-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Pop sucking faggot :lol

What has that senile fuck done without Duncan and Kawhi? The old man has said Duncan was the franchise himself. That's why he planned to retire when he did, so he wouldn't be exposed as the fraud we're seeing today.

You are a very angry little man. Must be impotence. It's good you are venting here and not in the streets, though. What has Jackson done without MJ and Kobe? What did Auerbach do without Russell? Imbecile.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2019, 08:08 PM
You are a very angry little man. Must be impotence. It's good you are venting here and not in the streets, though. What has Jackson done without MJ and Kobe? What did Auerbach do without Russell? Imbecile.
:lol Deflecting like a pop sucker with its back on a wall would

They said Phil wouldn't win without Jordan, he did. They said he wouldn't win without Shaq, he did. Shit, he won with Kobe shooting the Lakers out of games... the GOAT.

Crater face is no Phil.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2019, 01:35 AM
Arsene

RC_Drunkford
02-10-2019, 06:15 AM

sorry to destroy your dreams, but if you understood the salary cap you would know that you'll most likely see the same exact team + Dejounte Murray and a rookie or 2 who will spend the entire season in the G-League next season. Even if they waive and stretch Pau the Spurs will still operate over the cap and resign Rudy Gay. If they don't move at least one of LA, DeFrozan or Mills (and let's be real, they will keep all 3) then the only thing available to them is the MLE which is around 9.5 million. That means they might be able to add 1 player and that one player most likely won't be a starter.

That's why a lot of people here were saying we need to trade for a 3-and-D wing now. What you want to add is 2 starting level players + Murray and that definitely won't happen next season

tbdog
02-10-2019, 06:43 AM
You can easily trade on draft night and likely is the most telling time to trade is at draft night.

RC_Drunkford
02-10-2019, 10:01 AM
You can easily trade on draft night and likely is the most telling time to trade is at draft night.

so you actually think the Spurs have something worth trading that will get them a higher pick? What is that? Pau Gasol's dead body for 7 million? Patty Mills for 12? Bryn Forbes?

Clipper Nation
02-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Duncan wasn't MJ.

You've got that right. Duncan didn't need an MVPippen to carry him. He did the carrying.

TrainOfThought5
02-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Im surprised this troll thread was this successful.

Dreadnought
02-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Hahahahahahaha people actually think Duncan was better than MJ. I better ger the hell outta this imbecilic forum.

Arcadian
02-11-2019, 01:36 AM
Hahahahahahaha people actually think Duncan was better than MJ. I better ger the hell outta this imbecilic forum.

They're on the same level. Duncan is the best player post-Jordan. Rankings are arbitrary, but Jordan and Duncan are both in the top tier, and that's not even controversial.

SouthTexasRancher
02-11-2019, 06:37 AM

I have a special sale this week on the Brooklyn Bridge in North Dakota. For a measly $999.99 it is yours. Even better is some prime ocean front property just 36 miles outside of Oklahoma city. Many movie stars are moving there for the low taxes. I can let you have it for $19.99/acre if you purchase at least 100 acres. I can provide a horse drawn carriage to take you there. I can also put you up in the finest $6.00/night motel in the city. The cockroaches and rats are free of charge. Don't be stupid and pass this up. It will go fast to other buyers smart enough to know a good deal when they see one.

diego
02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
:lol the arguments in the vid are terrible, basically treats early pop and late pop as the same coach when his ability to evolve is one of his great traits. So spurs won thanks to the corner 3, and not their dominant bigman? Arsenal was the first football club to sign a lot of foreigners???Retarded arguments.

Wenger is known for being a loser, pop is considered one of the goats, no surprise idiots like tgy can't tell the difference.. only similarity is that spurs and arsenal compete against teams with more money and prestige

Dreadnought
02-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Why is that funny? Because ESPN has sold a narrative for 30 years telling you it was? I understand. But back in reality, Tim Duncan had taken more players to rings by his mid 20's than Jordan had his entire career. Proving that he was truly the reason for the rings, and not elite teammates propping him up.

Which elite teammates? I guess I really don't know basketball if Luc Longley and Horace Grant are better than David Robinson, if Ron Harper and Kerr are better than Tony Parker and Mills, if Randy Brown is better than Danny Green, if Pippen is much, or at all, better than Leonard, and, crucially, if Judd Bueschler is better than Ginobili. People mention Rodman, but he was washed up when he joined, despite having a monster rebounding and defensive nifht every so iften. You won't find a single non-Spurs fan who will say Duncan is better than Jordan. There is nothing Duncan does better than Jordan apart from rebounding, which us also questionable if you include the size variable, and scoring off the glass. ESPN can push the narrative all they like, I have my own eyes and also all the coaches and experts go with MJ as the GOAT, apart from the jealous twats from the Bad Boy Pistons and a few others with personal agenda.

Dreadnought
02-11-2019, 02:49 PM
I have a special sale this week on the Brooklyn Bridge in North Dakota. For a measly $999.99 it is yours. Even better is some prime ocean front property just 36 miles outside of Oklahoma city. Many movie stars are moving there for the low taxes. I can let you have it for $19.99/acre if you purchase at least 100 acres. I can provide a horse drawn carriage to take you there. I can also put you up in the finest $6.00/night motel in the city. The cockroaches and rats are free of charge. Don't be stupid and pass this up. It will go fast to other buyers smart enough to know a good deal when they see one.

If you tried to be funny or sarcastic, you failed miserably.

Dreadnought
02-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Horace Grant absolutely was better than David Robinson, for longer, when you're talking about David Robinson the teammate of Tim Duncan. As far as the 2 players over their entire careers, of course Robinson blows him out of the water. That isn't what we're talking about. Scottie Pippen, for example, is better than any player Tim Duncan played with his entire career. Dennis Rodman is arguably the greatest defensive player of all-time. Steve Kerr is arguably the greatest 3 point shooter to ever live. Ron Harper was an elite defensive player.

Duncan does a shit ton of things better than Jordan. He plays INFINITELY better defense and was a thousand times more impactful on the defensive end. People act like Jordan was this flawless player. Couldn't be further from the truth. He couldn't shoot the 3; he had no range. He would take terrible, contested shots and not look for teammates. Speaking of teammates, he was a horrible teammate. He gets away with this because of the apologists who try to spin it as 'being a competitor'. If you're young, think of Tom Brady... remember how the referee threw a flag for just touching his shoulderpad? That was the epitome of the relationship Michael Jordan had with the referees. It's a lot easier to dominate a game if your defender isn't allowed to play defense.

I've just figured it out. You don't actually watch basketball and you can't be older than 30. Pippen vs Leonard is debatable. Whatever Harper was, Parker is a miles better player, especially on offense. Dennis Rodman was a beast in the 80s and part of 90s, but the Bulls version was anything but the best defensive player of all time. Steve Kerr was an elite shooter, but the amount of shooters Duncan had around him is incomparable. Horace Grant was a decent role player. Don't mention him in any serious basketball discussions, people will laugh at you. Robert Horry, Steven Jackson and, yes, Steve Kerr all had greater impact on Duncan's career than Grant had on Jordan's.
Yeah, right, Duncan was better defensively... I guess that's why Jordan was a perennial all-defensive team player, had multiple seasons with 200 steals and a 100 blocks as A SHOOTING GUARD IN A CENTER-DOMINATED LEAGUE. Ultimately, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Robinson, Mills, Green, Horry, Jackson, Bowen, Barry, etc. blow Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Kerr, Bueschler, Longley, Wennington out of the water. Go to sleep now.

Pavlov
02-11-2019, 09:49 PM

Now, I am not blind. The season has been hot ans cold so far. This was a frustrating game at Utah. But, we were without Gay and White, and Dejounte of course. What worries me is when I see that Popovich can't find any solution for the opponent who keeps abusing the same tactic. We got killed on the pnr and the only thing the Coach tried was the zone in the 2nd, which failed miserably. I am afraid the late switch pnr defense has been figured out by teams after the initial good effect and we now can't seem to stop anything. Hopefully, Pop will find some solutions and we will make the playoffs. Then, it's reckoning time in the summer before I believe Pop's final season. If we can get a good 3&D wing, recover Dejounte, and get another scorer to ho with LMA and DD, we can contend again since the GSW are likely to disband and it will be open hunt season.Don't mind these guys. Most aren't even Spurs fans.

Clipper Nation
02-11-2019, 10:13 PM
The fuck are you talking about? Horace Grant was a decent roleplayer? ROFL Horace Grant was an all-star and a 4x all-defensive team player. Talking about people will laugh at me bringing him up. Dude, it's blatantly obvious from you saying that, that you know jack shit about the NBA. Pipe down, take notes and then speak on the NBA after a few months of note-taking.
Jordan Jockers act like everyone else on those Bulls teams was a scrub for the sake of their narrative.

SouthTexasRancher
02-11-2019, 10:33 PM
If you tried to be funny or sarcastic, you failed miserably.

Quite the contrary, I was serious as hell. So I take it that you are not interested in any of these fantastic deals...! Your loss will be somebody else's gain. However, only 9 posts using your new alias has not helped you get any smarter than with your old alias. Have fun playing your little video war games 24/7 in your parents basement or attic. Not sure which they grounded you to. Just wait until they find out you hooked up to your neighbor's cable service.......illegally! Have a good one, kiddo. :toast

FrostKing
02-12-2019, 12:35 AM
:lol the arguments in the vid are terrible, basically treats early pop and late pop as the same coach when his ability to evolve is one of his great traits. So spurs won thanks to the corner 3, and not their dominant bigman? Arsenal was the first football club to sign a lot of foreigners???Retarded arguments.

Wenger is known for being a loser, pop is considered one of the goats, no surprise idiots like tgy can't tell the difference.. only similarity is that spurs and arsenal compete against teams with more money and prestige
Manager turnover in the EPL is very high. You don't stay with 1 club (in London) for that long as a loser.

Dreadnought
02-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Quite the contrary, I was serious as hell. So I take it that you are not interested in any of these fantastic deals...! Your loss will be somebody else's gain. However, only 9 posts using your new alias has not helped you get any smarter than with your old alias. Have fun playing your little video war games 24/7 in your parents basement or attic. Not sure which they grounded you to. Just wait until they find out you hooked up to your neighbor's cable service.......illegally! Have a good one, kiddo. :toast

You should get back in the hospital as soon as possible. If the medical services failed to do their job, do yourself a favor and lock yourself up to the hospital bed. Old alias? Video games? Parents basement? Neighbor's cable? Yes, just throw a bunch of stereotypical insults to make yourself look smart and hope at keast one finds the target. Guess what, you are 0 for 4, which corresponds to your attempts at successful erections in the past decade.

Dreadnought
02-12-2019, 06:52 AM
The fuck are you talking about? Horace Grant was a decent roleplayer? ROFL Horace Grant was an all-star and a 4x all-defensive team player. Talking about people will laugh at me bringing him up. Dude, it's blatantly obvious from you saying that, that you know jack shit about the NBA. Pipe down, take notes and then speak on the NBA after a few months of note-taking.

Nice of you to give up all the other arguments and stick with Horace Grant hahaha. You know nothing about the NBA, or even the Spurs for that matter, if you are bringing Ron Harper and Kerr as a counterargument for Parker and Ginobili. Ultimately, what really exposes you is genuinely think Duncan is in the same universe as MJ. Nobody outside a little town in Texas thinks so. That should be a clue, you know.

diego
02-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Manager turnover in the EPL is very high. You don't stay with 1 club (in London) for that long as a loser.

Choker is the word i should have used. The Wenger of the NBA is dantoni.

monty4329
02-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Honestly some Spurs fans on here are just shit fans. And politically I disagree with Pop on a lot of things but if you can't respect him as a coach or as a human then that's a character flaw on your behalf. Are there younger hungrier coaches out there who are also very good at what they do? Yeah, Brad Stevens is the obviously example but he's not the only one. The guy won his last championship at what 65 years old? And the whole time in between 2007 and 2014 the same fans would talk shit about him being washed up and no longer a top tier coach or a guy who could coach a championship team. Ya'll shit on the Patty Mills contract (who is having a better season on the court this year than last year,) but who has also been one of those best bench players in the NBA and one of the leaders on the team. Is it a great deal he's on? No, but it isn't some gross overpay ya'll make it out to be. Character does matter and it has a lot to do with the locker room environment and attitude the players have. Ya'll turn on star players who are new to the team and having a hard time fitting in at times after one bad month or so.

This is an obvious retooling team that started off bad but has gotten somewhat better since and is now dealing with some ups and downs. The team lost all of their good defenders, but on the flip side we have a lot of young talent getting big playing time (Derrick White, Jakob Poeltl, Davis Bertans, Bryn Forbes etc.). All 4 of those guy's stocks have gone up this year, some of them have gone way up. If you can't see the player development and the energy Pop coaches with then you're the disconnected one not the front office.

The Pau Gasol contract is bad. However, he did the team a favor so we could go after Chris Paul. CP3 made his decisions (which might long term end up being the best for this team) and so we did Gasol a solid because when you're a small market team and players do right by you sometimes you have to do right by them. That's how you build a good reputation that's how you get all stars like LMA to want to join your team. But you know some of ya'll are quick to turn on LaMarcus Aldridge too. Plus I think we tried to move Gasol but at this point we couldn't get a return worth our while.

Yes the front office isn't perfect and yes there are some good basketball minds on this board, but some of ya'll who shit on the front office for every little stupid thing and really think you can do better...give me a break. The negativity is ridiculous, it's not like we're losing to teams we are clearly heads down better than on a daily basis. Teams like Sacramento and Portland have talent and can play good ball and if we're missing one of our best players the odds are we're not going to be the better team that night. Why be a fan of a team when all you're going to do is be negative and shit on the players and the front office?

About done with my rant, but some of ya'll just want change without considering the consequences. Dante Cunningham isn't a good player, we've established that (although some nights he's playable. When the team is healthy he usually doesn't play much anyways.) But the odds are he's a harder worker and a better guy in the locker room than the fringe trash player you want the team to sign. Omri Casspi hasn't been the most liked by teammates in the past and he doesn't play a lick of defense yet some of ya'll think the front office is inept for not signing him. Corey Brewer is a fringe rotation player on the backside of his career who's never stuck but we're dumb for not signing him too right? The difference between him and Pon is probably very little and Pon knows how to go about things the right way he shows up early to practice and stays late, he puts in the work and is a pro's pro and accepts his role even if it means little minutes.

Second to that

monty4329
02-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Horace Grant absolutely was better than David Robinson, for longer, when you're talking about David Robinson the teammate of Tim Duncan. As far as the 2 players over their entire careers, of course Robinson blows him out of the water. That isn't what we're talking about. Scottie Pippen, for example, is better than any player Tim Duncan played with his entire career. Dennis Rodman is arguably the greatest defensive player of all-time. Steve Kerr is arguably the greatest 3 point shooter to ever live. Ron Harper was an elite defensive player.

Duncan does a shit ton of things better than Jordan. He plays INFINITELY better defense and was a thousand times more impactful on the defensive end. People act like Jordan was this flawless player. Couldn't be further from the truth. He couldn't shoot the 3; he had no range. He would take terrible, contested shots and not look for teammates. Speaking of teammates, he was a horrible teammate. He gets away with this because of the apologists who try to spin it as 'being a competitor'. If you're young, think of Tom Brady... remember how the referee threw a flag for just touching his shoulderpad? That was the epitome of the relationship Michael Jordan had with the referees. It's a lot easier to dominate a game if your defender isn't allowed to play defense.

You are joking, right?

Dreadnought
02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
You are joking, right?

No, Monty, I am afraid he isn't. The lack of knowledge on this forum is incredible.

monty4329
02-12-2019, 12:51 PM
A substantiative argument, to which I am uncertain of how I could ever respond.

No, it is a question. In english an argument is something else.
And actually, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. Unless you are serious, in that case you are hopelessly dumb or you never actually watched Jordan and Duncan and Pippen and Grant etc etc.

monty4329
02-12-2019, 12:53 PM
No, Monty, I am afraid he isn't. The lack of knowledge on this forum is incredible.

bloody hell if you are right

There's also posters with admirable knowledge of basketball, though.

Dreadnought
02-12-2019, 06:32 PM
bloody hell if you are right

There's also posters with admirable knowledge of basketball, though.

I am sure I will stumble upon a few. But it's mostly infested with Spurs 'fans' who disrespect the coach by using names such as Popobitch. Must be a 17 year old who wanks on zooporn and only watches basketball on 2k.

Hoops Czar
02-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Negative. Arsene Wenger was never considered the "greatest of all-time", not even by his naive fanbase.

slick'81
02-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Never watched soccer tbh

Hoops Czar
02-12-2019, 07:23 PM
Neither is Popovich.

Pop deserves to go out however he wants, tbh..he's the best coach of all-time, this franchise will never see anybody like him again..

He didn't want to coach a lottery team in his final years and he believed DeRozan would be good enough to ensure that..it looked like a sound plan early on, but you can't blame somebody for mental health issues which have detailed the Spurs..just unfortunate for that + Murray's injury that killed the plan for this season..

SouthTexasRancher
02-13-2019, 06:14 AM
You should get back in the hospital as soon as possible. If the medical services failed to do their job, do yourself a favor and lock yourself up to the hospital bed. Old alias? Video games? Parents basement? Neighbor's cable? Yes, just throw a bunch of stereotypical insults to make yourself look smart and hope at keast one finds the target. Guess what, you are 0 for 4, which corresponds to your attempts at successful erections in the past decade.

Kid, you get triggered way too easily. 13 posts since 2009??? Your other aliases must be 'pinked'. Get over yourself for the sake of your mom's sanity.

Dreadnought
02-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Kid, youmget triggered way too easily. 13 posts since 2009??? Your other aliases must be 'pinked'. Get over yourself for the sake of your mom's sanity.
I suspect you are mentally challenged.

SouthTexasRancher
02-14-2019, 10:45 PM
I suspect you are mentally challenged.

Stop looking in the mirror when you hit the keyboard. Now go back down to your parent's basement, open that picnic size bag of orange Cheetos, stick that 2 ft. long plastic straw into that 132 oz. sugar drink and go back to playing your silly, childish video games. See ya, kid.