PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen: Kobe 2nd best player of all-time, better than Duncan

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2020, 11:35 AM
Npef-CK0wGw

:(

apalisoc_9
05-14-2020, 11:49 AM
Bruce should retire.

He hasn't been the same since emasculated him.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-14-2020, 11:53 AM
Sad, but not surprised since Kobe used to light his ass up :depressedhe probably ranks dirk ahead of Duncan too

Chucho
05-14-2020, 11:57 AM
Does Bruce still wear bowties as his gimmick?

lmbebo
05-14-2020, 11:59 AM
Only thing they got right was that Duncan was nothing without Bowen .... :)

Dirks_Finale
05-14-2020, 12:08 PM
He has Duncan #5 in his top 10. No mention of Dirk

Sad, but not surprised since Kobe used to light his ass up :depressedhe probably ranks dirk ahead of Duncan too

gambit1990
05-14-2020, 12:52 PM
always hated his commentary tbh.

Leetonidas
05-14-2020, 01:12 PM
Lol. Idk how anyone with a brain can have Kobe in the top 10. Meh percentages, meh advanced stats, missed the playoffs in his prime, ran Shaq out, quit on his team, only 1 MVP and 2 FMVP. It's really only because of the rings and his desperate attempt to mimick the GOAT MJ

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-14-2020, 01:17 PM
lol now it's time for the other salty jackass Stephen Jackson to come out with a Duncan out of top 10 shit or something.

Dverde
05-14-2020, 01:21 PM
Gotta love he has Duncan before Lebron. That’s a hot take in espn land. Perkins saying he was the best because he won in Cleveland lol

gambit1990
05-14-2020, 01:23 PM
didn't espn rank kobe like, #17 a couple years ago? was trying to google it but can't find anything.

lefty
05-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Bowen is saying that because Kobe respected his D, it's just an ego trip

gambit1990
05-14-2020, 01:24 PM
not what i was looking for but who has espn+?

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14254853/is-kobe-bryant-top-10-all-player-nba

FrostKing
05-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Npef-CK0wGw

:(
Disrespectful to have losing percentage boy on the same graphic as MJ and Kobe

RC_Drunkford
05-14-2020, 03:19 PM
he's only saying that cause Kobe is dead. He's nowhere near Top 5 all time

TD 21
05-14-2020, 03:57 PM
:lmao Once again proving my point, that NBA players are less knowledgeable about their league than hardcore fans.

Their bizarre, casual fan like worshipping of him and downplaying of Duncan (typical of Perkins shaking his head in disgust when Bowen put him 5, as he's always been frowned upon by the majority of inner city blacks because he doesn't fit their narrow minded view of blackness) is par for the course.

widowmaker
05-14-2020, 04:20 PM
Duncan is still alive so hes better by default. End of story good bye.

SpursDynasty85
05-14-2020, 06:30 PM
Nothing outrageous about putting Kobe over Duncan.

MultiTroll
05-14-2020, 06:31 PM
Pathetic.

Should be banned from all future Spurs related events.

TDfan2007
05-14-2020, 07:18 PM
:lmao Once again proving my point, that NBA players are less knowledgeable about their league than hardcore fans.

Their bizarre, casual fan like worshipping of him and downplaying of Duncan (typical of Perkins shaking his head in disgust when Bowen put him 5, as he's always been frowned upon by the majority of inner city blacks because he doesn't fit their narrow minded view of blackness) is par for the course.

Chill lol. Perk put Timmy at 7, which is higher than his ESPN rank.

Bruce putting Kobe at 2 is due to personal experience. Kobe annihilated both Bruce and the Spurs in 02, 04, and 08, and the Spurs had no answers. Timmy either outplayed or neutralized Shaq/Pau (badly outplaying Pau) in each of those series, but Kobe's brilliance was too much to overcome.

TDfan2007
05-14-2020, 07:27 PM
I've always felt that if Timmy had been more selfish against LA in 2002 and 2004, we would've won. Phil knew how to exploit his unselfishness by swarming him in the second half of games. As a result, I don't think that he fully emptied his clip in either series. He kind of gave into the double teams and trusted his teammates to make the right plays, despite them showing absolutely no ability to do so. 2004 game 6 was especially tough to watch. Just brick after brick by everyone :/

OTOH we won in 2003, 2005, and 2007 because of his unselfishness and guys stepping up, so...*shrug* win some lose some

Killakobe81
05-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Lol. Idk how anyone with a brain can have Kobe in the top 10. Meh percentages, meh advanced stats, missed the playoffs in his prime, ran Shaq out, quit on his team, only 1 MVP and 2 FMVP. It's really only because of the rings and his desperate attempt to mimick the GOAT MJ

Ran Shaq out who is putting asterisk on your 1999 titlehttp://https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-san-antonio-spurs-im-glad-youre-mad-shaquille-oneal-puts-a-big-question-on-tim-duncans-five-championship-wins/amp/

Dude picked a feud with so many including Robinson but yall hate Kobe more who gives so much respect to the Spurs, it's crazy

Leetonidas
05-14-2020, 11:47 PM
Ran Shaq out who is putting asterisk on your 1999 titlehttp://https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-san-antonio-spurs-im-glad-youre-mad-shaquille-oneal-puts-a-big-question-on-tim-duncans-five-championship-wins/amp/

Dude picked a feud with so many including Robinson but yall hate Kobe more who gives so much respect to the Spurs, it's crazy

First comment has nothing to do with what I said...what Shaq said is irrelevant. And not sucking kobe off is not hating him. I have him just outside the top 10 tbh

TD 21
05-15-2020, 12:02 AM
Chill lol. Perk put Timmy at 7, which is higher than his ESPN rank.

Bruce putting Kobe at 2 is due to personal experience. Kobe annihilated both Bruce and the Spurs in 02, 04, and 08, and the Spurs had no answers. Timmy either outplayed or neutralized Shaq/Pau (badly outplaying Pau) in each of those series, but Kobe's brilliance was too much to overcome.

I am and that has nothing to do with what I said. In general, people like Perkins hate the Spurs because they view them as the Duke of the NBA.

In '02, Duncan handily outplayed Bryant with a terrible supporting cast. '04 was closer, though Duncan again had a significantly worse team. '08 the Spurs were out of gas from too many consecutive deep runs, while Bryant was well rested. In '99 and '03, Duncan destroyed the Lakers, with Bowen having a firsthand view of the latter.

Typical deferential Spur though. You'd never hear a former Lakers say the opposite, even if they were thinking it.

Bryant has no business in the Duncan-O'Neal discussion, let alone the Jordan-James one.

FrostKing
05-15-2020, 12:28 AM
There is no "Jordan-James"

It is James or Kobe. Kobe had more help (illustrated by W-L record) but James was emasculated by too many of his peers.

DAF86
05-15-2020, 12:29 AM

What does any of that have to do with the fact that Shaq > Kobe?

Also, now that Kobe is recently deceased, a lot of people will start doing history revisionism and start bumping him up the ranks forgetting the fact that they had him outside the top 10 not too far ago. It's just human nature, tbh.

TDfan2007
05-15-2020, 06:57 AM
I am and that has nothing to do with what I said. In general, people like Perkins hate the Spurs because they view them as the Duke of the NBA.

In '02, Duncan handily outplayed Bryant with a terrible supporting cast. '04 was closer, though Duncan again had a significantly worse team. '08 the Spurs were out of gas from too many consecutive deep runs, while Bryant was well rested. In '99 and '03, Duncan destroyed the Lakers, with Bowen having a firsthand view of the latter.

Typical deferential Spur though. You'd never hear a former Lakers say the opposite, even if they were thinking it.

Bryant has no business in the Duncan-O'Neal discussion, let alone the Jordan-James one.

Imo the Spurs-Lakers and Kobe-Timmy rivalry breaks down like this:

1999 - Spurs win, Timmy outplays Kobe by a significant margin

2001 - Lakers win, Kobe obliterates us and Timmy has a very forgettable games 3 and 4

2002 - Lakers win despite the Spurs holding a lead in all but 1 fourth quarter. Timmy outplays Kobe, but Kobe takes over in the 4th quarter of almost every game while Timmy is passing out of double/triple teams to Antonio Daniels and Danny Ferry...

2003 - Spurs win and Timmy puts on a historic performance outplaying both Kobe and Shaq

2004 - Lakers win with a stacked team specifically designed to dethrone the Spurs. Kobe outplays Timmy, especially in games 4 and 6. Tony Parker infamously disappears after Phil Jackson closes the paint, and Hedo has one of the worst shooting performances in playoffs history.

2008 - Lakers win. Kobe outplays Timmy badly in the clinching game, but they more or less neutralize each other for the series. Manu was injured and struggled to score against Sasha fucking Vujecic, and the Spurs decrepit role players weren't up to task.

Fun fact: Kobe's playoff averages against Bowen are 28.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 4.5 apg, 47% FG, 35% 3FG, and 3-1 series record. He destroyed Bruce, which is why I feel like Bruce is inflating his standing.

i'm_still_beta
05-15-2020, 11:14 AM
But but players know the game better.
Don't want to listen to that ever again. When doctors talk about medicine you take notes, when lawyers talk about law you take notes. Basketball player are so dumb that even their opinion about their job is not worth listening

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-15-2020, 11:26 AM

It's the opposite actually. Because Bruce defended Kobe pretty well it raises Bowen's legacy to say Kobe is #2 all-time.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-15-2020, 11:27 AM
Bowen is saying that because Kobe respected his D, it's just an ego trip

This.