Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce should retire.

He hasn't been the same since emasculated him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad, but not surprised since Kobe used to light his ass up he probably ranks dirk ahead of Duncan too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Bruce still wear bowties as his gimmick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing they got right was that Duncan was nothing without Bowen ....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He has Duncan #5 in his top 10. No mention of Dirk

Sad, but not surprised since Kobe used to light his ass up he probably ranks dirk ahead of Duncan too

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    always hated his commentary tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Idk how anyone with a brain can have Kobe in the top 10. Meh percentages, meh advanced stats, missed the playoffs in his prime, ran Shaq out, quit on his team, only 1 MVP and 2 FMVP. It's really only because of the rings and his desperate attempt to mimick the GOAT MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol now it's time for the other salty jackass Stephen Jackson to come out with a Duncan out of top 10 or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love he has Duncan before Lebron. That’s a hot take in espn land. Perkins saying he was the best because he won in Cleveland lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    didn't espn rank kobe like, #17 a couple years ago? was trying to google it but can't find anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen is saying that because Kobe respected his D, it's just an ego trip

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not what i was looking for but who has espn+?

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...all-player-nba

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Disrespectful to have losing percentage boy on the same graphic as MJ and Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's only saying that cause Kobe is dead. He's nowhere near Top 5 all time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again proving my point, that NBA players are less knowledgeable about their league than hardcore fans.

Their bizarre, casual fan like worshipping of him and downplaying of Duncan (typical of Perkins shaking his head in disgust when Bowen put him 5, as he's always been frowned upon by the majority of inner city blacks because he doesn't fit their narrow minded view of blackness) is par for the course.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan is still alive so hes better by default. End of story good bye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing outrageous about putting Kobe over Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic.

Should be banned from all future Spurs related events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again proving my point, that NBA players are less knowledgeable about their league than hardcore fans.

Their bizarre, casual fan like worshipping of him and downplaying of Duncan (typical of Perkins shaking his head in disgust when Bowen put him 5, as he's always been frowned upon by the majority of inner city blacks because he doesn't fit their narrow minded view of blackness) is par for the course.
    Chill lol. Perk put Timmy at 7, which is higher than his ESPN rank.

Bruce putting Kobe at 2 is due to personal experience. Kobe annihilated both Bruce and the Spurs in 02, 04, and 08, and the Spurs had no answers. Timmy either outplayed or neutralized Shaq/Pau (badly outplaying Pau) in each of those series, but Kobe's brilliance was too much to overcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always felt that if Timmy had been more selfish against LA in 2002 and 2004, we would've won. Phil knew how to exploit his unselfishness by swarming him in the second half of games. As a result, I don't think that he fully emptied his clip in either series. He kind of gave into the double teams and trusted his teammates to make the right plays, despite them showing absolutely no ability to do so. 2004 game 6 was especially tough to watch. Just brick after brick by everyone :/

OTOH we won in 2003, 2005, and 2007 because of his unselfishness and guys stepping up, so...*shrug* win some lose some
    Last edited by TDfan2007; 05-14-2020 at 07:49 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol. Idk how anyone with a brain can have Kobe in the top 10. Meh percentages, meh advanced stats, missed the playoffs in his prime, ran Shaq out, quit on his team, only 1 MVP and 2 FMVP. It's really only because of the rings and his desperate attempt to mimick the GOAT MJ
    Ran Shaq out who is putting asterisk on your 1999 lehttp://https://www.essentiallysports...ship-wins/amp/

Dude picked a feud with so many including Robinson but yall hate Kobe more who gives so much respect to the Spurs, it's crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran Shaq out who is putting asterisk on your 1999 lehttp://https://www.essentiallysports...ship-wins/amp/

Dude picked a feud with so many including Robinson but yall hate Kobe more who gives so much respect to the Spurs, it's crazy
    First comment has nothing to do with what I said...what Shaq said is irrelevant. And not sucking kobe off is not hating him. I have him just outside the top 10 tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chill lol. Perk put Timmy at 7, which is higher than his ESPN rank.

Bruce putting Kobe at 2 is due to personal experience. Kobe annihilated both Bruce and the Spurs in 02, 04, and 08, and the Spurs had no answers. Timmy either outplayed or neutralized Shaq/Pau (badly outplaying Pau) in each of those series, but Kobe's brilliance was too much to overcome.
    I am and that has nothing to do with what I said. In general, people like Perkins hate the Spurs because they view them as the Duke of the NBA.

In '02, Duncan handily outplayed Bryant with a terrible supporting cast. '04 was closer, though Duncan again had a significantly worse team. '08 the Spurs were out of gas from too many consecutive deep runs, while Bryant was well rested. In '99 and '03, Duncan destroyed the Lakers, with Bowen having a firsthand view of the latter.

Typical deferential Spur though. You'd never hear a former Lakers say the opposite, even if they were thinking it.

Bryant has no business in the Duncan-O'Neal discussion, let alone the Jordan-James one.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There is no "Jordan-James"

It is James or Kobe. Kobe had more help (illustrated by W-L record) but James was emasculated by too many of his peers.

Thread Information