PDA

View Full Version : #24 UTSA Roadrunners

Pages : [1] 2

FkLA
10-17-2021, 01:27 PM
We are officially accepting UT-Austin t-shirt fan transfers. Come fill the Dome with us.

http://www.rowdytalk.com/images/smilies/rowdy2.gif

GB20
10-17-2021, 01:36 PM
Last night game was awesome.

lebomb
10-17-2021, 03:47 PM
Hell yeah!!! I was there yesterday. Took 2 other couples with us. They thought everything was awesome. From tailgating, to the crowd and attendance, down to the ass whoppin we laid on Rice.

KobesAchilles
10-17-2021, 09:13 PM
We back boys!

rjv
10-18-2021, 09:19 AM
great to see the success of the local program-especially since it's truly a local team in terms of the roster. LA Tech will be a formidable challenge though so i'm hoping that UTSA can get that road win and build from there. I still plan on getting to a game-hopefully the UAB one.

pgardn
10-18-2021, 09:25 AM
great to see the success of the local program-especially since it's truly a local team in terms of the roster. LA Tech will be a formidable challenge though so i'm hoping that UTSA can get that road win and build from there. I still plan on getting to a game-hopefully the UAB one.

If they could keep all their coaches and build something in SA this would be an incredible feat. I would love it.
I was looking at UTEP and they look like they know how to win games. What do you think about them?

Blake
10-18-2021, 09:53 AM
If they could keep all their coaches and build something in SA this would be an incredible feat. I would love it.
I was looking at UTEP and they look like they know how to win games. What do you think about them?

Utep has had plenty of time to try to build something. They are what they are at this point. I think utsa is in a much better spot for the long haul than utep, being in a big city in south Central Texas.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 11:12 AM
Plenty of chances to lose coming up since the UTSA defense really isn't that great against a balanced offense, but replacing the mothership in a top 25 debut is pretty hilarious. I don't think the birds could beat UT or really anyone else who got votes, but it's really putting the program on the map. I'll jinx them by looking forward to potential bowl matchups-- best case scenario is BYU, right?

rjv
10-18-2021, 11:35 AM

i can't figure them out. they got hammered by boise state and barely beat old dominion and southern miss. but then they dominated La Tech. it seems that their constant has been the defense. and they are always better at home. it's definitely a tough stretch down the road for the runners but i agree that it would be great if they can keep this coaching staff intact and continue to build up this program.

rjv
10-18-2021, 11:37 AM
Utep has had plenty of time to try to build something. They are what they are at this point. I think utsa is in a much better spot for the long haul than utep, being in a big city in south Central Texas.

UTSA is in a great spot to steal away recruits from the likes of UTEP. in just a short time, UTSA has probably been one of the major contributing factors to the demise of Texas State's football program.

DMX7
10-18-2021, 12:04 PM
UTSA is in a great spot to steal away recruits from the likes of UTEP. in just a short time, UTSA has probably been one of the major contributing factors to the demise of Texas State's football program.

I think they've already been stealing recruits away from the likes of UTEP for some time now. They really have to do better than that in order to elevate the program further. They'll need to get recruits from the likes of Houston and Baylor to really up their game.

I see UTSA having a whole lot in common with UCF. It's a big growing public school that is this not quite first tier but is in a major market and a major football talent rich state. It hasn't been playing D-1 football for that long but being the only big public school in San Antonio sort of makes up for it.

DMX7
10-18-2021, 12:08 PM
I don't think the birds could beat UT or really anyone else who got votes, but it's really putting the program on the map.

It's hard to say. UT specifically is really injured right now and has a terrible offensive line. I can't believe I'm writing this but I'm not 100% sure UT would win in a matchup. I wouldn't put my money on it -- let's just say that.

For UTSA, this seasons really comes down to winning the conference championship and winning the bowl game. Final ranking or non-ranking won't matter if they don't do those things.

Blake
10-18-2021, 12:16 PM

Pretty much, which is sad for Texas State considering how long it's been around.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 12:18 PM
It's hard to say. UT specifically is really injured right now and has a terrible offensive line. I can't believe I'm writing this but I'm not 100% sure UT would win in a matchup. I wouldn't put my money on it -- let's just say that.

For UTSA, this seasons really comes down to winning the conference championship and winning the bowl game. Final ranking or non-ranking won't matter if they don't do those things.Exactly. It's weird that an undefeated season is a real possibility; it just seems really fragile. There are three very losable games on the schedule, but now 10-3 with a New Orleans Bowl win seems like a terrible disappointment.

Which is ridiculous. Good problem to have.

Blake
10-18-2021, 12:23 PM
If utsa goes undefeated all it means is a nice bowl game trophy. Theyve needed 16 team playoff system for 15 years now

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 12:42 PM
If utsa goes undefeated all it means is a nice bowl game trophy. Theyve needed 16 team playoff system for 15 years nowMeh, college football is so stratified I'm not too put off by the Independence Bowl ceiling this season or even going forward. The P5 is going to calcify after adding two or three more teams. I'm even dubious about UTSA's moving "up" to the AAC or MWC. The cost just doesn't seem worth it.

rjv
10-18-2021, 12:42 PM
I think they've already been stealing recruits away from the likes of UTEP for some time now. They really have to do better than that in order to elevate the program further. They'll need to get recruits from the likes of Houston and Baylor to really up their game.

I see UTSA having a whole lot in common with UCF. It's a big growing public school that is this not quite first tier but is in a major market and a major football talent rich state. It hasn't been playing D-1 football for that long but being the only big public school in San Antonio sort of makes up for it.

yeah, UCF is exactly who I compare them too. what UTSA needs now is a more engaged alumni base, and especially some with deep pockets. i also think it's be in their best interest to build a stadium on campus. and it will help coach traylor if he can get some recruits from the DFW and Houston markets as well. that would indeed take UTSA to the next level.

Blake
10-18-2021, 12:50 PM
Meh, college football is so stratified I'm not too put off by the Independence Bowl ceiling this season or even going forward. The P5 is going to calcify after adding two or three more teams. I'm even dubious about UTSA's moving "up" to the AAC or MWC. The cost just doesn't seem worth it.

The college football system will forever irk me. I mean, what other sport rewards you for winning 75+% of your regular season games by going to a neutral location for a meaningless exhibition game against a team you don't care about? Awesomeness.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 01:14 PM
yeah, UCF is exactly who I compare them too. what UTSA needs now is a more engaged alumni base, and especially some with deep pockets. i also think it's be in their best interest to build a stadium on campus. and it will help coach traylor if he can get some recruits from the DFW and Houston markets as well. that would indeed take UTSA to the next level.Is the next level just a treadmill of spending?

I don't think there's room on campus for a football stadium and anything built is just going to be an aluminum bench, thigh-burning nightmare. Filling up the lower bowl in the Alamodome seems a lot more attractive to the casual fan. A 7-8000 seat basketball area is a much more pressing need for the campus

The college football system will forever irk me. I mean, what other sport rewards you for winning 75+% of your regular season games by going to a neutral location for a meaningless exhibition game against a team you don't care about? Awesomeness.
At the core, big money college sports are an abomination. It's incredible what a school like Rutgers went through and spent to achieve punching-bag status in the P5, and they'll be paying for decades to come.

DMX7
10-18-2021, 01:26 PM
Building a new stadium when you have the Alamodome would be a bad waste of money. The Alamodome will continue to benefit from public money and UTSA still has a large commuter school element (not to mention a large downtown campus), so the Alamodome is something they should take advantage of.

FkLA
10-18-2021, 02:26 PM
yeah, UCF is exactly who I compare them too. what UTSA needs now is a more engaged alumni base, and especially some with deep pockets. i also think it's be in their best interest to build a stadium on campus. and it will help coach traylor if he can get some recruits from the DFW and Houston markets as well. that would indeed take UTSA to the next level.

UTSA has been out recruiting UTEP basically for like the past decade. Seriously, UTEP always gets mostly kids with no other FBS offers. They're practically in New Mexico and noone wants to play out there. Makes their season so far that much more impressive but it's also why I'm still not sold on them. That La Tech win was surprising though, tbf.

UTSA also already hits DFW and Houston plenty. They're not getting many high end guys that go P5, but they're very competitive when it comes to G5 recruits. The talent has been on the roster to be a G5 power. Just have to keep it going and not let it be just a one year wonder.

rjv
10-18-2021, 02:45 PM
Is the next level just a treadmill of spending?

I don't think there's room on campus for a football stadium and anything built is just going to be an aluminum bench, thigh-burning nightmare. Filling up the lower bowl in the Alamodome seems a lot more attractive to the casual fan. A 7-8000 seat basketball area is a much more pressing need for the campus

At the core, big money college sports are an abomination. It's incredible what a school like Rutgers went through and spent to achieve punching-bag status in the P5, and they'll be paying for decades to come.

per the UTSA master plan, they could have the room. the plan calls for construction of 35,000 capacity stadium at University Park West adjacent to 1604 but this depends upon the acquisition of ten acres of property in this area. a 10,000 seat convocation center is also a part of this plan.

playblair
10-18-2021, 03:27 PM
charlie strong is the reason jeff traylor is in cfb.......traylor would still be at gilmer if it wasnt for chuck recruiting kris boyd...........chuck failed at texas but he produced the hottest college football head coaching prospect in decades..............

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 03:31 PM
per the UTSA master plan, they could have the room. the plan calls for construction of 35,000 capacity stadium at University Park West adjacent to 1604 but this depends upon the acquisition of ten acres of property in this area. a 10,000 seat convocation center is also a part of this plan.
I don't see any mention of a football stadium in the 2019 update.

I guess they can work on getting the land in the meantime, but there isn't a really compelling reason to spend another $80 million to bake fans the first half of the season while the dome is still there. Stuffing all the athletic buildings they can on the main campus might have opened enough room at Park West now anyway.

rjv
10-18-2021, 03:56 PM
I don't see any mention of a football stadium in the 2019 update.

I guess they can work on getting the land in the meantime, but there isn't a really compelling reason to spend another $80 million to bake fans the first half of the season while the dome is still there. Stuffing all the athletic buildings they can on the main campus might have opened enough room at Park West now anyway.

the 2019 plan just mentions a vague "future athletic site" next to the convocation center. of the two, the latter should be the priority.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 04:14 PM
the 2019 plan just mentions a vague "future athletic site" next to the convocation center. of the two, the latter should be the priority.The difference from the original Park West plan is that the new arena and other sports venues are on the main campus instead of Park West. It looks like there will be enough room along 1604 to build a Bounce House if needed in the future without having to acquire any more land. They can put off a stadium until the city decides to give up on the dome. Main Campus will be crowded AF, but it seems they have what they need to move football on (near) campus in the future.

DMX7
10-18-2021, 04:54 PM
I just don't see the point of a new costly stadium when you have the Alamodome. When you are trying to market this team as "San Antonio's team" then a centrally located stadium with lots of modern upgrades makes more sense to me than trying to build smaller (and probably cheap) stadium on campus just to host 6 or 7 games when so many students are still commuters anyway.

UTSA still has issues fundraising so that money would be much better spent elsewhere. Plus, I think the Alamodome is actually a recruiting plus for UTSA. It's still fairly impressive compared to most other mid-major conference stadiums.

FkLA
10-18-2021, 06:29 PM
An on-campus football stadium is at least a couple decades away. We're 11 years old. Look at USF, they're barely set to get their OCS. They've played at the Bucs stadium for like 25 years. Memphis still plays at the Liberty Bowl. UAB played at Legion Field for decades, just opened a new stadium which IIRC is partly owned by the city of Birmingham.

Baseball is next from what I read after the opening of the RACE facility. Then basketball arena. The Dome still has a lot of good use left. The city is still pumping money into it.

FkLA
10-18-2021, 07:45 PM
I can't embed tweets anymore for some reason. But it looks like we're getting an AAC invite as well. P6!

UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Charlotte, and Rice

https://twitter.com/theJJPerez/status/1450255727906467842?t=6dfisUhcF94wOEuJqrClhw&s=19

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 08:12 PM
I can't embed tweets anymore for some reason. But it looks like we're getting an AAC invite as well. P6!

UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Charlotte, and Rice

https://twitter.com/theJJPerez/status/1450255727906467842?t=6dfisUhcF94wOEuJqrClhw&s=19

It's OK if the other Texas schools are coming over. I don't expect SMU and Memphis to stay long.

AAC is really going for all the big markets, aren't they?

Blake
10-18-2021, 08:57 PM

It's OK if the other Texas schools are coming over. I don't expect SMU and Memphis to stay long.

AAC is really going for all the big markets, aren't they?

It's all about the TV deals.

I can see Memphis finally getting an ACC invite at some point. Where do you see SMU going?

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 09:19 PM
It's all about the TV deals.

I can see Memphis finally getting an ACC invite at some point. Where do you see SMU going?I could see both of them going Big 12 tbh. All depends on the numbers.

Blake
10-18-2021, 09:51 PM
I could see both of them going Big 12 tbh. All depends on the numbers.

To go to 14? The Dallas market I think is covered pretty well already with tcu and to a degree tech and okie st. Not sure the numbers would add up enough with Memphis and smu to get a big enough contract to pay more per school than the coming 12. No idea tho, just speculating.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 09:56 PM
To go to 14? The Dallas market I think is covered pretty well already with tcu and to a degree tech and okie st. Not sure the numbers would add up enough with Memphis and smu to get a big enough contract to pay more per school than the coming 12. No idea tho, just speculating.Yeah, it's all speculation.

I'll be surprised if UTSA follows through. Seems like they'd have to increase their spending like 25% to get in line with the new conference, but that's also speculation.

Blake
10-18-2021, 10:02 PM
Yeah, it's all speculation.

I'll be surprised if UTSA follows through. Seems like they'd have to increase their spending like 25% to get in line with the new conference, but that's also speculation.

The new AAC and big 12 tv contracts minus the exiting schools will be very interesting.

".......It's not clear what a 14-team AAC would be worth in media rights revenue. Conference USA schools get about $500,000 annually in their current TV deal. The AAC, as it currently exists, averages $7 million per team. That figure is expected to decline significantly after the loss of three schools to the Big 12....."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/american-to-review-expansion-candidates-with-six-conference-usa-teams-expected-to-apply-for-membership/

ChumpDumper
10-18-2021, 10:07 PM
The new AAC and big 12 tv contracts minus the exiting schools will be very interesting.

".......It's not clear what a 14-team AAC would be worth in media rights revenue. Conference USA schools get about $500,000 annually in their current TV deal. The AAC, as it currently exists, averages $7 million per team. That figure is expected to decline significantly after the loss of three schools to the Big 12....."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/american-to-review-expansion-candidates-with-six-conference-usa-teams-expected-to-apply-for-membership/As long as it's ESPN and I don't have to go to Bein Sports or fucking Facebook to watch a game I'll be cool with it.

Realignments are always fascinating. If we're moving up I'd expect to see some real arena plans rolled out soon.

FkLA
10-18-2021, 10:44 PM
There's chatter that incumbent AAC members will stay at $7 mill/yr through the remainder of the AAC deal (2031). Incoming members, including UTSA, will start at $2 mill and increase yearly. Still a no brainer, imo. If I'm not mistaken UCF, Houston, BYU and Cinci will have a similar structure when they enter the Big 12.

Blake
10-18-2021, 11:16 PM
There's chatter that incumbent AAC members will stay at $7 mill/yr through the remainder of the AAC deal (2031). Incoming members, including UTSA, will start at $2 mill and increase yearly. Still a no brainer, imo. If I'm not mistaken UCF, Houston, BYU and Cinci will have a similar structure when they enter the Big 12.

Yeah it was similar for tcu and West Virginia

ChumpDumper
10-19-2021, 12:24 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCB1abGX0AA4HeK?format=jpg&name=medium

ChumpDumper
10-19-2021, 06:11 PM

Really compact western division for Olympic sports with Wichita State. If SMU leaves and UTSA keeps it up, the Runners could be in the football championship game every year due to Navy's playing in the west.

FkLA
10-21-2021, 07:57 PM

FkLA
10-21-2021, 08:06 PM
This is perfect :lol

Blake
10-21-2021, 08:28 PM

:lol

Blake
10-21-2021, 08:29 PM

:lmao

DMX7
10-21-2021, 09:53 PM

LOVE THIS! :lol

ChumpDumper
10-22-2021, 02:34 AM

:lol SMU

FkLA
10-23-2021, 12:32 PM
Nervous about this game, tbh. La Tech owns us in Ruston.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2021, 04:01 PM
Nervous about this game, tbh. La Tech owns us in Ruston.

1451941486057033730LT has to have a massive chip on its shoulder after losing this game of musical conference chairs. At least we won't have to watch games on Stadium in a couple years.

pgardn
10-23-2021, 04:06 PM
To go to 14? The Dallas market I think is covered pretty well already with tcu and to a degree tech and okie st. Not sure the numbers would add up enough with Memphis and smu to get a big enough contract to pay more per school than the coming 12. No idea tho, just speculating.

SMU has about 10,000 kids dont they? UTSA definitely has an advantage if the alumni come through. 35,000 kids. I think the numbers for UTSA have been over 30,000 for quite a while now. San Antonio is growing rapidly. I would love to have a 2nd college team to root for as a hometown school in a big Conference.

pgardn
10-23-2021, 04:09 PM

Really compact western division for Olympic sports with Wichita State. If SMU leaves and UTSA keeps it up, the Runners could be in the football championship game every year due to Navy's playing in the west.

I have no idea why Rice still plays football.

ChumpDumper
10-23-2021, 04:23 PM
I have no idea why Rice still plays football.I don't know why they're FBS, but it's cool being in the same group with them and some of the others without being a total joke academically.

leemajors
10-23-2021, 05:20 PM

$

FkLA
10-23-2021, 09:43 PM
Damn man. This is one of those rare, special seasons. Have to start savoring it more. Don't want to get ahead of myself but there's a very very realistic shot at running the table.

DMX7
10-23-2021, 09:44 PM
UTSA might just leapfrog SMU in the rankings with this win. LA Tech nearly beat SMU but lost badly to UTSA.

FkLA
10-23-2021, 09:57 PM

Rice has all the resources to be the Stanford of the south. They just have to want it. They've been content with just being one of those elite academic universities that has a smug approach to athletics. Even then, they have 1 CUSA football title and a couple solid seasons under their belt this past decade.

From my understanding, part of their pitch to the AAC was that they would invest/place more importance on athletics. If they follow through on that they can make some noise, imo.

playblair
10-23-2021, 10:36 PM
charlie strong knows coaching talent........traylor is a strong product

pgardn
10-24-2021, 10:07 AM
UTSA looked absolutely rock solid.
Very few mistakes, a dynamic running back, and a very disciplined defense.
It appears they are getting very good coaching. Cant lose them.

pgardn
10-24-2021, 10:10 AM
Rice has all the resources to be the Stanford of the south. They just have to want it. They've been content with just being one of those elite academic universities that has a smug approach to athletics. Even then, they have 1 CUSA football title and a couple solid seasons under their belt this past decade.

From my understanding, part of their pitch to the AAC was that they would invest/place more importance on athletics. If they follow through on that they can make some noise, imo.

This bolded is nonsense.
They have a small student body in HOUSTON.
And they have no real graduate program, horrible comparison.
What they do have is a very good undergraduate program.

FkLA
10-24-2021, 01:32 PM
This bolded is nonsense.
They have a small student body in HOUSTON.
And they have no real graduate program, horrible comparison.
What they do have is a very good undergraduate program.

They have deep pockets.

ChumpDumper
10-24-2021, 03:34 PM
UTSA moved up one spot in the AP poll to #23 and three spots in the USA Today coaches poll to #22. Seems like they'll finish around there if they win out; maybe they'll pick up a spot if San Diego State takes an L. An Independence Bowl berth against BYU looks like the best case scenario if they take care of business in a conference championship.

pgardn
10-24-2021, 05:07 PM
They have deep pockets.

NOT even close to Stanford.

rjv
10-25-2021, 08:51 AM
UTSA looked absolutely rock solid.
Very few mistakes, a dynamic running back, and a very disciplined defense.
It appears they are getting very good coaching. Cant lose them.

and they have a certain swagger about them now, like they expect to win. they are really playing at a high level right now.

FkLA
10-25-2021, 12:31 PM

FkLA
10-25-2021, 12:34 PM
NOT even close to Stanford.

Definitely deep enough that noone should be questioning why they field a team or are FBS. They just have to want it.

Blake
10-25-2021, 12:39 PM

It would be a total Hocutt move to shy away from anyone that's ever worked with Leach ( Dykes) but that would be the perfect hire at this point in time for Tech.

The thing I really like to see on Traylor's resume is that big 12 recruiter of the year award back in 2016...

FkLA
10-25-2021, 05:51 PM
It would be a total Hocutt move to shy away from anyone that's ever worked with Leach ( Dykes) but that would be the perfect hire at this point in time for Tech.

The thing I really like to see on Traylor's resume is that big 12 recruiter of the year award back in 2016...

Is Tech that big a jump from SMU at this point though? Especially if SMU gets a Big 12 call-up in the near future. And until then, everything seems to be set up for SMU to be a consistent Top 25 team that's dominant in the AAC. I also expect they'd give him a considerable raise (we know they have the money) if it meant retaining him. Dykes is in a really good situation there. Would not be surprised if he says no.

As for Traylor, it took a lot for him to leave Gilmer. He's also mentioned that he had other G5 job offers but wanted a place he believed could be successful. So he seems selective and I think he would get looks from blue bloods with a few more successful seasons under his belt. OTOH, look at Seth Littrell at UNT. Was a hot commodity a few years ago, turned down KState and now he's on the hot seat. Things can turn pretty quickly for a G5 coach. Hope we can keep him but understand if he takes the Tech job if offered.

pgardn
10-25-2021, 07:23 PM
Is Tech that big a jump from SMU at this point though? Especially if SMU gets a Big 12 call-up in the near future. And until then, everything seems to be set up for SMU to be a consistent Top 25 team that's dominant in the AAC. I also expect they'd give him a considerable raise (we know they have the money) if it meant retaining him. Dykes is in a really good situation there. Would not be surprised if he says no.

As for Traylor, it took a lot for him to leave Gilmer. He's also mentioned that he had other G5 job offers but wanted a place he believed could be successful. So he seems selective and I think he would get looks from blue bloods with a few more successful seasons under his belt. OTOH, look at Seth Littrell at UNT. Was a hot commodity a few years ago, turned down KState and now he's on the hot seat. Things can turn pretty quickly for a G5 coach. Hope we can keep him but understand if he takes the Tech job if offered.

Yeah I would say so.
Its a much larger school with a much larger following.
Are there any other assistants at UTSA that were valuable as recruiters AND really good Coaches?
Traylor did not do it all on his own. However it would be really nice if something more than $ now kept him at UTSA.

Blake
10-25-2021, 07:45 PM

Dykes would definitely have the job at SMU as long as he wants it but he would basically double his salary at Tech right off the bat. He also knows Tech and West Texas inside and out. If they offer I think he takes it without much thought.

I'm just not sure Tech offers him. Kirby Hocutt went way off script with this stupid Wells hire, I'm not sure he doesn't do it again.

rjv
10-26-2021, 09:34 AM
Dykes would definitely have the job at SMU as long as he wants it but he would basically double his salary at Tech right off the bat. He also knows Tech and West Texas inside and out. If they offer I think he takes it without much thought.

I'm just not sure Tech offers him. Kirby Hocutt went way off script with this stupid Wells hire, I'm not sure he doesn't do it again.

how much influence does the Tech alumni base have?

Blake
10-26-2021, 12:40 PM

Aside from social media, surprisingly very little

rjv
10-26-2021, 02:45 PM
Aside from social media, surprisingly very little

that is surprising considering how many there are.

ChumpDumper
10-26-2021, 04:32 PM
:lol if we get poached by Lubbock. Wish we could enjoy the season before having the anxiety set in, but that's life in the G5.

Blake
10-26-2021, 05:42 PM
:lol if we get poached by Lubbock. Wish we could enjoy the season before having the anxiety set in, but that's life in the G5.

Well we got poached by Austin in basketball so there's that. :lol

FkLA
10-26-2021, 07:11 PM
That's my coach :cry

DMX7
10-26-2021, 09:21 PM
If I were a power 5 conference AD looking for a new coach my only concern about Traylor's performance is that he really isn't winning with HIS players yet. These are players recruited by Wilson. How well does Traylor actually recruit is the question. Wilson was supposedly a good recruiter but poor coach.

Blake
10-27-2021, 08:14 AM

Search Committee Suggests a Power Shift in Texas Tech Athletic Department
by Joe Yeager
11 hours ago
Perhaps even more interesting than Kirby Hocutt’s decision to, as the gentle euphemism goes, “relieve” coach Matt Wells “of his duties,” is his method of conducting a search for Wells’ successor. We all recall that, after firing Kliff Kingsbury, Hocutt went all Pale Rider in the succeeding hiring process, singlehandedly plucking the obscure Matt Wells from the wild blue yonder and installing him as Texas Tech’s new football coach. Hocutt himself confirmed that he alone was responsible for hiring Wells....."

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Article/Search-Committee-Suggests-a-Power-Shift-in-Texas-Tech-Athletic-Department-Kirby-Hocutt-Dustin-Womble-Cody-Campbell-Lawrence-Schovanec-Tony-Hernandez-Matt-Wells-173945203/

Just to give a little perspective

rjv
10-27-2021, 10:12 AM
That's my coach :cry

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFZquEaQUKsYP5Rm0ZLNl5MoZm_Le9w cQyFjOkHj5UPMLjHWxHlCVRVGjw_8lvWArzMUk&usqp=CAU

DMX7
10-27-2021, 08:26 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFZquEaQUKsYP5Rm0ZLNl5MoZm_Le9w cQyFjOkHj5UPMLjHWxHlCVRVGjw_8lvWArzMUk&usqp=CAU

That's my quarterback. :lol

DMX7
10-27-2021, 10:50 PM
Baseball is next from what I read after the opening of the RACE facility. Then basketball arena. The Dome still has a lot of good use left. The city is still pumping money into it.

The Alamodome is hosting the 2025 Men's Final Four so there will probably be even more money pumped into it shortly. UTSA may as well take advantage.

Blake
10-28-2021, 07:45 AM
https://texastech.rivals.com/news/who-do-txhsfb-coaches-think-ttu-should-hire-

DMX7
10-28-2021, 09:51 AM

I know so little about Tech that I didn't realize Sonny Dykes' father was a former Tech head coach. That connection might be something that influences Tech to pick him. UTSA fans should hope so, LOL.

But to be real about it, either coach would be an upgrade over the one they just fired.

Blake
10-28-2021, 10:05 AM
I know so little about Tech that I didn't realize Sonny Dykes' father was a former Tech head coach. That connection might be something that influences Tech to pick him. UTSA fans should hope so, LOL.

But to be real about it, either coach would be an upgrade over the one they just fired.

Dykes also was an assistant under Leach. If we can get him, I think it's a no brained.

I like the utsa coach but just not enough experience

FkLA
10-28-2021, 03:43 PM

Would Tech give Briles a second chance? Most universities are too woke but is west Texas crazy enough to do it? He'd be perfect if you ignore his baggage.

Blake
10-28-2021, 04:57 PM
Would Tech give Briles a second chance? Most universities are too woke but is west Texas crazy enough to do it? He'd be perfect if you ignore his baggage.

Too big a gamble, imo. If he doesn't pay off, the AD can go ahead and pack his bags too.

DMX7
10-29-2021, 10:37 AM
Too big a gamble, imo. If he doesn't pay off, the AD can go ahead and pack his bags too.

If the current AD gets another football coaching hire wrong ( who is not Briles but doesn't win), isn't he in trouble anyway? I wouldn't risk it with Briles regardless.

Blake
10-29-2021, 12:07 PM
If the current AD gets another football coaching hire wrong ( who is not Briles but doesn't win), isn't he in trouble anyway? I wouldn't risk it with Briles regardless.

Kirby has been lights out picking coaches in every other sport except football, ie track, baseball and basketball.

He's using a committee this time that includes one rich donor vs the rogue solo effort from last hire, so as long as it's a safe pick that agrees with the fan base, I think he can still weather another failed coaching hire.

FkLA
10-30-2021, 11:51 AM

lebomb
10-31-2021, 10:36 AM
Dykes also was an assistant under Leach. If we can get him, I think it's a no brained.

I like the utsa coach but just not enough experience

I sure in the hell hope Tech does believe Traylor is to green. Leave our Mawfuhkin coach alone. :nope :ihit

DMX7
10-31-2021, 01:50 PM

FkLA
10-31-2021, 02:27 PM

https://i.gifer.com/PSgH.gif

FkLA
10-31-2021, 04:45 PM
This is big boy shit. Not many G5 programs out there can do this. Clear message that the city (heard the Butt family is involved) and the administration wants to be a G5 power. UTSA is here to stay, boys.

Blake
10-31-2021, 05:34 PM
This is big boy shit. Not many G5 programs out there can do this. Clear message that the city (heard the Butt family is involved) and the administration wants to be a G5 power. UTSA is here to stay, boys.

That's pretty awesome, tbh. Nice work UTSA.

DMX7
10-31-2021, 07:58 PM

He's needs to step up the recruiting because he is still winning with the previous coach's recruits but he's a terrific fit for UTSA. Very impressive that they were able to find the resources to get this done.

FkLA
10-31-2021, 08:33 PM
That's pretty awesome, tbh. Nice work UTSA.

Go get, Sonny. Soften up SMU for us when we join the AAC.

Although TCU just parted ways with Patterson so y'all got competition now.

He's needs to step up the recruiting because he is still winning with the previous coach's recruits but he's a terrific fit for UTSA. Very impressive that they were able to find the resources to get this done.

No worries there. Players coach. Still reps the THSCA, has the best relationship with them out of any FBS head coach in Texas. He's basically now what Rule was to the THSCA before he left for the NFL.

He'll recruit even better than Wilson, imo.

DMX7
10-31-2021, 08:34 PM
No worries there. Players coach. Still reps the THSCA, has the best relationship with them out of any FBS head coach in Texas. He's basically now what Rule was to the THSCA before he left for the NFL.

He'll recruit even better than Wilson, imo.

He's losing a lot of important seniors after this season and next year's recruiting class is pretty "meh" right now. I think he has potential to be a great recruiter but he's got some work to do.

FkLA
10-31-2021, 08:43 PM
He's losing a lot of important seniors after this season and next year's recruiting class is pretty "meh" right now. I think he has potential to be a great recruiter but he's got some work to do.

We only lose super seniors. True seniors (i.e. Frank Harris) still have another year since the NCAA decided not to count last year towards eligibility because of covid.

That's why the 2022 class is small and drops us in the recruiting rankings (since it's cumulative). The average rating of recruits isn't any worse than previous years, there's just less recruits to make room for those seniors coming back for another year.

DMX7
11-01-2021, 12:43 AM
We only lose super seniors. True seniors (i.e. Frank Harris) still have another year since the NCAA decided not to count last year towards eligibility because of covid.

That's why the 2022 class is small and drops us in the recruiting rankings (since it's cumulative). The average rating of recruits isn't any worse than previous years, there's just less recruits to make room for those seniors coming back for another year.

Is Frank Harris coming back? He redshirted his freshman year, that would make him a 6th year player next season,

playblair
11-01-2021, 01:23 AM
youre talking about a coach who out recruited aggy for a 5* player while aggy was filming a fooking documentary about said player because he was a heavy aggy lean..........

FkLA
11-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Is Frank Harris coming back? He redshirted his freshman year, that would make him a 6th year player next season,

He's coming back. Next year will be his "super senior" year.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2021, 09:59 AM
:lol moving up that much after a bye week is ridiculous

FkLA
11-01-2021, 11:48 AM
:lol moving up that much after a bye week is ridiculous

And beat Tech's full court press on Traylor? Absolutely destroyed bye week, tbh.

FkLA
11-06-2021, 04:57 PM

FkLA
11-06-2021, 05:05 PM
9:15 CT
ESPN2

UTEP lacks talent but Dana Dimel is trying to implement the Bill Snyder KState model there. They're 6-2 this year. Big crowd expected at the Sun Bowl. Still expecting a W barring a letdown. Line was like UTSA -11 last I saw.

Blake
11-06-2021, 05:37 PM

:lol I would have loved that guy in Lubbock.

boutons_deux
11-06-2021, 07:28 PM
ESPN2 on att directv and sling tv don't show UTSA/UTEP

where is it?

ChumpDumper
11-06-2021, 07:46 PM
ESPN2 on att directv and sling tv don't show UTSA/UTEP

where is it?It's at 9:15 when the game starts.

Michael Jordan.
11-07-2021, 08:09 AM
Good showing. They may make a run at the top 10

Biggems
11-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Hell yes, strong game and strong win......Sincere all day long baby.

Rocket Pride

ChumpDumper
11-07-2021, 10:29 AM
Good showing. They may make a run at the top 10

I'll take being ranked above Miss. St. in the CFP.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Up a couple spots to #16 in the coaches poll (https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/coaches-poll/). Still probably a bit high but I enjoy looking down on the likes of Auburn and Penn State after week 11.

FkLA
11-07-2021, 02:38 PM
A Top 15 UTSA is so wild :lol

ChumpDumper
11-07-2021, 04:05 PM
:lmao BYU leapfrogs UTSA in both polls after beating a 1-7 FCS team.

:lmao Runners still won't be in the CFP standings even with all the losses by ranked teams.

rjv
11-08-2021, 10:57 AM
:lmao BYU leapfrogs UTSA in both polls after beating a 1-7 FCS team.

:lmao Runners still won't be in the CFP standings even with all the losses by ranked teams.

if UTSA can't get into the FCS top 25 by the end of this season (assuming they go undefeated) that would just be total BS.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2021, 11:10 AM
if UTSA can't get into the FCS top 25 by the end of this season (assuming they go undefeated) that would just be total BS.Could be the members of the committee aren't going to commit to it until the end of season. Might not want to be seen as chasing a flash in the pan only to see UTSA lose to some other CUSA dorks.

If #17 5-4 Miss. St. stays in the top 25 though....:lol

Blake
11-08-2021, 12:27 PM
At the end of the day, we're just talking about bowl positioning any way for the runners. They seriously need to expand the playoffs for all conference winners.

FkLA
11-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Could be the members of the committee aren't going to commit to it until the end of season. Might not want to be seen as chasing a flash in the pan only to see UTSA lose to some other CUSA dorks.

If #17 5-4 Miss. St. stays in the top 25 though....:lol

Nah, that ain't it. They blatantly used the bottom third or so of the Top 25 to justify their Top 5 rankings. Its why Houston and SMU weren't in there ( it would help Cinc down the linei). Two-loss (now 3) Minnessota, who had lost to a 3-5 MAC team and just lost to Illinois who UTSA already beat, to help Ohio St. Three-loss (now 4) Miiss St helped Bama. Two-loss Fresno St (now 3) helped Oregon.

Obviously, SOS matters. Noone is saying our 9-0 is equivalent to Georgia's 9-0. But you can't use the SOS argument when there's a 3-4 loss difference in W-L record between teams. That's just blatantly biased against G5s. Winning every game is tough. It's much easier to run the table on paper than it is in reality. That's why there's so many teams, including teams the committee ranked, lose a bunch of games they're supposed to theoretically win on paper.

FkLA
11-08-2021, 03:03 PM
At the end of the day, we're just talking about bowl positioning any way for the runners. They seriously need to expand the playoffs for all conference winners.

Unlikely, but if Cinci slips up it could be the difference between a NY6 bowl or just a regular bowl. They've looked vulnerable the past few weeks.

What do you think of the McGuire hire? Traylor Lite. Makes me even more sure that Traylor was Tech's guy.

Blake
11-08-2021, 03:17 PM
Unlikely, but if Cinci slips up it could be the difference between a NY6 bowl or just a regular bowl. They've looked vulnerable the past few weeks.

Well yeah I'd be stunned if I ever see a 16 or even 12 team playoff system in my lifetime. But it's what it should be.

What do you think of the McGuire hire? Traylor Lite. Makes me even more sure that Traylor was Tech's guy.

There really isn't a coach out there that thrills for Tech, and that includes Dykes.

I think after Traylor, McGuire was the next best hire out there. We desperately need to win some recruiting battles coming up with Tcu, Baylor and Houston and I think he gives us the best chance.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2021, 03:26 PM
Unlikely, but if Cinci slips up it could be the difference between a NY6 bowl or just a regular bowl. They've looked vulnerable the past few weeks. To be fair, four of those six bowls are just regular bowls themselves.

I don't see UTSA's leapfrogging Cincy in any case. Hell, they'll probably rank San Diego State above UTSA if both win out.

DMX7
11-08-2021, 10:18 PM

I think they'll sneak in tomorrow.

DMX7
11-09-2021, 09:38 PM
I think they'll sneak in tomorrow.

Blake
11-13-2021, 05:51 PM
Uh what's up utsa..... Down 17-10 in the third to 1-8 southern miss?

ChumpDumper
11-13-2021, 08:45 PM
Uh what's up utsa..... Down 17-10 in the third to 1-8 southern miss?
USM had a great game plan and UTSA played right into it. Even with the win we'll drop in the rankings and out of the playoff ranking.

FkLA
11-13-2021, 10:03 PM
USM had a great game plan and UTSA played right into it. Even with the win we'll drop in the rankings and out of the playoff ranking.

stop it :lol

ChumpDumper
11-14-2021, 03:34 PM
Dropped a couple in the coaches poll. :lmao rated over the Aggies in the AP.

DMX7
11-14-2021, 11:31 PM
Dropped a couple in the coaches poll. :lmao rated over the Aggies in the AP.

It's going to be tough to stay in the CFP rankings but I'm guessing they just get in at #25.

rjv
11-15-2021, 11:17 AM
so i finally made my way to a game. first, i'd have to say that i am now not so sure that UTSA needs to invest in an on campus stadium in the near future. the dome turned out to be a nice space for both the tailgating experience and the game itself. the crowd was extremely loud and engaged and responsible for quite a few delay of game and movement penalties. second, UTSA did not seem the least bit prepared to stop frank gore, jr. at QB. he had his way in the first half but eventually his coaches put him in a position to get hurt and that's exactly what happened. he gave it a go to start the 3rd but eventually had to come out. once he was no longer in the game, the tide seemed to change. offensively, harris looked to have had his worst game of the season as many of his throws were off and he was late in seeing his receivers when they got open. and southern miss was keying in on the run so it was not a good time for the passing game to be struggling. also, southern miss looked loose and pumped up even during their warmup drills. i expect that the runners will run into this problem when they play north texas. but before that, UTSA better straighten out some of their issues because if they play against UAB they way they played against southern miss, their unbeaten record will be no more.

FkLA
11-15-2021, 03:50 PM
so i finally made my way to a game. first, i'd have to say that i am now not so sure that UTSA needs to invest in an on campus stadium in the near future. the dome turned out to be a nice space for both the tailgating experience and the game itself. the crowd was extremely loud and engaged and responsible for quite a few delay of game and movement penalties. second, UTSA did not seem the least bit prepared to stop frank gore, jr. at QB. he had his way in the first half but eventually his coaches put him in a position to get hurt and that's exactly what happened. he gave it a go to start the 3rd but eventually had to come out. once he was no longer in the game, the tide seemed to change. offensively, harris looked to have had his worst game of the season as many of his throws were off and he was late in seeing his receivers when they got open. and southern miss was keying in on the run so it was not a good time for the passing game to be struggling. also, southern miss looked loose and pumped up even during their warmup drills. i expect that the runners will run into this problem when they play north texas. but before that, UTSA better straighten out some of their issues because if they play against UAB they way they played against southern miss, their unbeaten record will be no more.

Hell yeah, man. We need as many locals as possible to get behind the team, even as their second team. :tu

The wildcat offense was definitely unexpected. UTSA played right into their hands with Harris having such an off night though. If they strike quick like they have been most of the season, Southern Miss would've had no choice but to go back to a traditional offense to try to catch up. Just be glad you avoided a hug letdown, burn the tape, and focus on UAB. It's for the CUSA West title and a chance to host the CUSA title game. Atmosphere should be even more electric Saturday.

Also agree about the Dome. It's a nice enough home until the city stops pumping money into it.

DMX7
11-16-2021, 08:22 PM
It's going to be tough to stay in the CFP rankings but I'm guessing they just get in at #25.

Wow, so they actually moved up to #22. What happens if they beat UAB?

FkLA
11-16-2021, 09:23 PM
:lol I really don't get why you guys were expecting such a drastic drop. It's not like rankings are based on one week. Or like how they play is the only variable in the equation. It would've required a handful of teams ranked below them/just outside the Top 25 to have really impressive wins to jump UTSA because of an "ugly win".

rjv
11-17-2021, 10:09 AM
A win over UAB would, i think, push UTSA into the top 20.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2021, 01:26 PM
:lol I really don't get why you guys were expecting such a drastic drop. It's not like rankings are based on one week. Or like how they play is the only variable in the equation. It would've required a handful of teams ranked below them/just outside the Top 25 to have really impressive wins to jump UTSA because of an "ugly win".

1460767487478448130When you look back on it, at least three of the wins were fairly ugly. Probably works out that the games aren't being watched. The ranking is useless outside the top five, so it's all academic. SDSU is so much better though, right?

FkLA
11-17-2021, 06:22 PM
When you look back on it, at least three of the wins were fairly ugly. Probably works out that the games aren't being watched. The ranking is useless outside the top five, so it's all academic. SDSU is so much better though, right?

Sure, but aside from Georgia who hasn't had their handful of "ugly wins"? Cinci has been grinding out wins against sub par AAC teams for like the past month. Not to mention, aside from the three teams I mentioned everyone else in the country also has actual losses on their resume. Pretty sure those are worse than ugly wins.

SDSU being ahead of us pisses me off.

FkLA
11-17-2021, 06:28 PM
New lids for biggest game in program history. :tu

Blake
11-17-2021, 08:59 PM
Sure, but aside from Georgia who hasn't had their handful of "ugly wins"? Cinci has been grinding out wins against sub par AAC teams for like the past month. Not to mention, aside from the three teams I mentioned everyone else in the country also has actual losses on their resume. Pretty sure those are worse than ugly wins.

SDSU being ahead of us pisses me off.

Cincy has the Notre Dame win on the road which is very lucky for them. Otherwise they'd be ranked #21

DMX7
11-18-2021, 12:05 AM
Conference USA's TV deal is awful. Looks like only one conference game for UTSA is going to be on TV all season (that was the UTEP game on ESPN2).

FkLA
11-18-2021, 01:53 PM
Judy is the worst commissioner in CFB. She's trash. When UTSA first joined CUSA, the AAC had just formed and CUSA was arguably the next best G5 conference. Its why UTSA supposedly chose CUSA over a MWC invite. Texas St ended up in the Sunbelt, which at the the time was widely considered the weakest conference. A Tik Tok/Facebook/Stadium deal + getting a toy car company sponsor for the title game later and CUSA is easily worse than the Belt and by far the worst conference to be in in all of FBS. Thank god the AAC threw us a lifeboat.

https://pics.me.me/c-usa-commissioner-judy-macleod-sitting-in-a-kids-jeep-before-8210228.png

FkLA
11-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Cincy has the Notre Dame win on the road which is very lucky for them. Otherwise they'd be ranked #21

Nah they've done this for two years in a row. And had Georgia on the ropes in their bowl game last season. They're legit. It's just really hard to win every single week. Even harder to dominate every week.

DMX7
11-19-2021, 12:16 AM
Judy is the worst commissioner in CFB. She's trash. When UTSA first joined CUSA, the AAC had just formed and CUSA was arguably the next best G5 conference. Its why UTSA supposedly chose CUSA over a MWC invite. Texas St ended up in the Sunbelt, which at the the time was widely considered the weakest conference. A Tik Tok/Facebook/Stadium deal + getting a toy car company sponsor for the title game later and CUSA is easily worse than the Belt and by far the worst conference to be in in all of FBS. Thank god the AAC threw us a lifeboat.

https://pics.me.me/c-usa-commissioner-judy-macleod-sitting-in-a-kids-jeep-before-8210228.png

The real reason UTSA choose CUSA over the MWC is because of geography.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2021, 07:13 PM
:lmao det finish

GB20
11-20-2021, 07:44 PM
:lmao det finish
:bobo

FkLA
11-21-2021, 12:22 AM
Special special season :cry

rjv
11-22-2021, 09:51 AM
hell of a comeback. i'm trying to clear some time to make it to the conference championship game.

Blake
11-22-2021, 10:45 AM

Seriously, it might be 50+ years before this happens again

DMX7
11-22-2021, 11:46 AM

Incredible. It has literally been a dream like season for UTSA and made more special by the fact their local guys are stars there (Sincere McCormick from Judson, Frank Harris from Clemens & Oscar Cardenas from Brandeis).

ChumpDumper
11-24-2021, 01:15 PM
Upper deck opening up for the conference championship. Sucks that it's a Friday night but looks like it could be good turnout.

DMX7
11-27-2021, 04:24 PM
UTSA getting destroyed today. Almost looked like they were trying to lose at times, like they never saw a wet football before.

Neo.
11-27-2021, 06:44 PM
:lmao utsa

ChumpDumper
11-27-2021, 06:48 PM
Definitely overdue for a loss. Try to win the next two.

lebomb
11-27-2021, 08:31 PM
:lmao utsa

Kansas

What bowl is UT going to again?

Neo.
11-27-2021, 08:38 PM
Kansas

What bowl is UT going to again?

:rollin salty that utsas one chance at greatness was spoiled by a team called the mean green :lmao :lmao :lmao

FkLA
11-27-2021, 08:47 PM
Those motherfuckers treat us like their Super Bowl. The year they almost went winless, their lone win was against UTSA. Irrelevant loss in the grand scheme of things though. Didn't suck to drop one as much as I thought it would.

WKU does looks scary though. I'm scared, tbh.

Splits
11-27-2021, 11:37 PM
Those motherfuckers treat us like their Super Bowl. The year they almost went winless, their lone win was against UTSA. Irrelevant loss in the grand scheme of things though. Didn't suck to drop one as much as I thought it would.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Neo.
11-27-2021, 11:38 PM

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

lebomb
11-28-2021, 10:14 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Its all good. I like Baylor, so I dont have anything bad to say.

lebomb
11-28-2021, 10:15 AM
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Just let me know what UT reaches .500 and when you keep a coach more than 2yrs.

:cry

Biggems
11-28-2021, 11:09 AM
everyone is mocking UTSA getting blown out at UNT....Yes, it was a horrible loss and should not have happened, especially after all the adversity the Runners have overcome this season. Still, it did happen. They still have 2 games left to win. I know 13-1 is not 14-0, but it is a helluva season for a team that has never been considered much nationally. It is definitely a huge recruiting sell for next year. I was hoping they would go undefeated, but it didn't happen.

what is hilarious is my fellow Horns fans mocking the hell out of UTSA right now.......btw, here is a mirror. Enjoy the view from one of the ugliest seasons in Longhorns history. We got beat by Kansas, fucking Kansas....We have little to no room to mock any 1 loss team right now. Also, UTSA is little brother to UT. So instead of mocking them, be proud of their accomplishments and it helps to raise those of the entire UT system.

Great regular season UTSA....and congrats to Sincere McCormick on a great year....Rocket Pride.

Biggems
11-28-2021, 11:12 AM
I know this is a football thread, but my TAMUCC Islanders did enjoy bitch slapping the Runners all over the hardwood. Unfortunately, A&M bitch slapped us as well.

FkLA
11-28-2021, 01:15 PM
everyone is mocking UTSA getting blown out at UNT....Yes, it was a horrible loss and should not have happened, especially after all the adversity the Runners have overcome this season. Still, it did happen. They still have 2 games left to win. I know 13-1 is not 14-0, but it is a helluva season for a team that has never been considered much nationally. It is definitely a huge recruiting sell for next year. I was hoping they would go undefeated, but it didn't happen.

what is hilarious is my fellow Horns fans mocking the hell out of UTSA right now.......btw, here is a mirror. Enjoy the view from one of the ugliest seasons in Longhorns history. We got beat by Kansas, fucking Kansas....We have little to no room to mock any 1 loss team right now. Also, UTSA is little brother to UT. So instead of mocking them, be proud of their accomplishments and it helps to raise those of the entire UT system.

Great regular season UTSA....and congrats to Sincere McCormick on a great year....Rocket Pride.

Winning on paper is much easier than winning in reality. Losing games you are favored in and are "supposed to win" is not a rare occurrence. It has happened to all but two teams this season. That's why I thought UTSA deserved more credit for that 11-0 start despite the SOS argument. Not having a letdown for so long is impressive. They finally had one.

They have to win the conference though. Would be a huge gut punch to not even do that after the dream start. And tbh, if my life depended on it I would pick WKU Friday. :(

I know this is a football thread, but my TAMUCC Islanders did enjoy bitch slapping the Runners all over the hardwood. Unfortunately, A&M bitch slapped us as well.

Basketball needs a complete overhaul. Build the new arena asap, new coach, etc. They're going to get absolutely slaughtered by Wichita States and Memphis in the AAC with the current product. Nice win for you guys though.

Trill Clinton
11-28-2021, 01:22 PM
Missed the game. How did we lose?

FkLA
11-28-2021, 01:52 PM
Missed the game. How did we lose?

Weather played a role. Three fumbles in first half, UNT scored TDs off all three. A lot missed tackles, they ran all over UTSA. Threw in towel to start second half (pulled Harris and McCormick).

Harry Callahan
11-28-2021, 02:29 PM
I'm amazed that UTSA is in a better place than UT Austin. The Longhorns are a mess.

Good for UTSA. Regardless of the result yesterday.

FkLA
12-03-2021, 02:15 PM
I'm nervous, tbh.

FkLA
12-03-2021, 03:08 PM

benefactor
12-03-2021, 08:16 PM
Starting to pull away tbh

Blake
12-04-2021, 10:57 AM
WKU's Zappe is a heck of a QB. I could definitely see him playing on Sundays.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Frisco Bowl 12/18 against SDSU. Both can say they're playing the #24 team in the country because college football.

It's a mixed bag considering UTSA could've been playing #13#12#14 BYU in the Independence Bowl. I won't totally discount a conspiracy theory against UTSA and UAB (who plays a tougher BYU matchup on the same night their basketball opens up their renovated arena against West Virginia), but it's a primetime game without competition in a closer, smaller stadium we could get close to filling. SDSU's loss in their conference championship is mitigated by the fact ~20 players were out due to COVID protocols. Should be a good game.

Trill Clinton
12-06-2021, 01:38 PM
Yea I think UTSA earned a bigger bowl game and the Independence bowl would've been the ideal situation.

ChumpDumper
12-06-2021, 01:58 PM
BYU got screwed worse than UTSA, but they've been locked into this game for years. Conference membership can't come soon enough for them.

We should probably be satisfied it came down to Frisco or Shreveport. The current AAC bowl slate is straight garbage if anyone considers traveling to a game. That should change with seven teams on or west of the Mississippi.

rjv
12-06-2021, 05:52 PM
in terms of the venue and date and time, it's not a great bowl bid but san diego state will prove to be a nice measuring stick for where UTSA is at as a program.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Well it's nice to know ESPN kind of wants us?

Biggems
12-16-2021, 09:03 PM
Well it's nice to know ESPN kind of wants us?

lesser bowl, lesser money, but, if they can show out and win, being on ESPN will do wonders for recruiting, future televised games, and better bowl games (especially moving to the new conference).....it will also help if the fan base travels to Frisco and packs the house.

DMX7
12-16-2021, 10:28 PM
Sincere McCormick is skipping the bowl game and senior season to go pro. That's a massive blow for UTSA. I thought he might do it but am surprised he's not even playing in the bowl game given it's next week.

pgardn
12-16-2021, 11:14 PM
Sincere McCormick is skipping the bowl game and senior season to go pro. That's a massive blow for UTSA. I thought he might do it but am surprised he's not even playing in the bowl game given it's next week.

That is too bad.
I had no idea who he was and watched a couple of games and wow... a player. And UTSA needs him.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2021, 01:36 AM

Good luck to him. He's a long shot to stick in the NFL but might as well go now.

DMX7
12-17-2021, 01:34 PM
Good luck to him. He's a long shot to stick in the NFL but might as well go now.

True, his stock probably can't go much higher. He was just named an AP All-American and the C-USA Offensive Player of the Year.

rjv
12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Conference USA had good showing yesterday.

MultiTroll
01-20-2022, 08:52 PM
Does UTSA basketball suck as bad as their 0-5 conference record?

I want to complete a parlay and am looking for a patsy to bet against.

MultiTroll
03-06-2022, 05:44 PM
Tariq Woolen Stats, News, Bio | ESPN (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4245185/tariq-woolen)

Sounds like a fabulous prospect as far as physical talent.
What are the goods on his play?

Just ran 3rd fasted 40 in combine history.

FkLA
03-16-2022, 08:45 AM
Tariq Woolen Stats, News, Bio | ESPN (https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4245185/tariq-woolen)

Sounds like a fabulous prospect as far as physical talent.
What are the goods on his play?

Just ran 3rd fasted 40 in combine history.

Riq the Freak

Converted WR. 6'4.5" with 4.2 speed but not the best route runner or best hands. Only played CB for a few years and went from looking pretty lost out there to all-conference.

His physical tools make him intriguing for sure, but it's up in the air how good he can be at the NFL level, imo. I hope he reaches his potential though.

FkLA
09-03-2022, 12:59 PM
Riq the Freak

Converted WR. 6'4.5" with 4.2 speed but not the best route runner or best hands. Only played CB for a few years and went from looking pretty lost out there to all-conference.

His physical tools make him intriguing for sure, but it's up in the air how good he can be at the NFL level, imo. I hope he reaches his potential though.

4th Rd pick

Top 5 40 at the combine all-time. Started a few preseason games for Seahawks and made 53 man roster. :tu

FkLA
09-03-2022, 01:04 PM
Game 1
vs #24 Houston
2:30 PM
CBBSN

:flag:

GAustex
09-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Fun game for the neutral
Too bad the roadrunners could not prevail

Neo.
09-03-2022, 08:20 PM
lol choderunners

DMX7
09-10-2022, 08:50 PM
UTSA has a fun team to watch. Looking forward to next week's game (Texas vs. UTSA for the first time ever).

rjv
09-12-2022, 12:17 PM
nice comeback for UTSA. i hope they can at least hang around with texas for a half.

Blake
09-12-2022, 01:41 PM
I could see something like 21-14 halftime score before things start unraveling for the birds. I think 42-17 sounds about right, imo

FkLA
09-12-2022, 09:18 PM
A much less talented team with a much worse coaching staff played A&M pretty tough in College Station a couple years ago.

Not sure if UT-Austin is actually good this year or if they just treated Bama like it was their Super Bowl. Would be pretty awesome if its a close game. But I'll be happy if we just come away healthy. Barring major injuries I like our chances to win CUSA again, tbh.

DMX7
09-12-2022, 09:23 PM
I don't think UTSA under Coach Traylor has ever seen a defense as good as Texas'-- not even close. If UTSA can score then they can probably keep it close because I'm not impressed with Card at QB for Texas. UTSA might be able to load up the box on defense and defend the run if Card can't make plays in the air.

FkLA
09-12-2022, 09:39 PM
I don't think UTSA under Coach Traylor has ever seen a defense as good as Texas'-- not even close. If UTSA can score then they can probably keep it close because I'm not impressed with Card at QB for Texas. UTSA might be able to load up the box on defense and defend the run if Card can't make plays in the air.

Houston is supposed to have a top defense. I wouldn't say they're "not even close" to UT's defense.

They did have trouble moving the ball on UH at times though, tbf. Especially early in the game. More than likely will be even tougher against UT on the road.

FkLA
09-16-2022, 03:19 PM
Apparently the UT Austin players and fans are really butthurt about this uniform reveal :lol

Blake
09-16-2022, 04:15 PM
Looks great, why would horn fans get mad

Neo.
09-16-2022, 05:35 PM
Apparently the UT Austin players and fans are really butthurt about this uniform reveal :lol

coming from the guy who for years got butthurt over things such as

"lol utsa"
"utsa choderunners"

FkLA
09-16-2022, 07:44 PM
Looks great, why would horn fans get mad

They seem to think it's a slap in the face to do the uniform reveal at the UT Austin campus :lol

coming from the guy who for years got butthurt over things such as

"lol utsa"
"utsa choderunners"

Not me.

But the players though? Pretty soft of them, imo.

Neo.
09-16-2022, 08:20 PM
Not me.

especially you

but i get it, i mean id be angry at life too if i was born stupid enough to say boris diaw was greater than david lee

FkLA
09-16-2022, 08:31 PM
especially you

but i get it, i mean id be angry at life too if i was born stupid enough to say boris diaw was greater than david lee

Ok

Neo.
09-16-2022, 08:34 PM
Ok

oh wait i just remembered you were also the guy who kept crapping on luka, talking about how stupid everyone was to see talent in him, and that derrick white and dejonte murray >>> luka

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Blake
09-16-2022, 08:58 PM
They seem to think it's a slap in the face to do the uniform reveal at the UT Austin campus :lol

Not me.

But the players though? Pretty soft of them, imo.

Well, it's utsa so I guess they have to dig up some kind of reason to get fired up for this game

DMX7
09-16-2022, 09:34 PM
Well, it's utsa so I guess they have to dig up some kind of reason to get fired up for this game

That's what I'm thinking too.

FkLA
09-16-2022, 10:18 PM
Could just as likely be more softness from a program that has been known for being soft.That softness may not matter against UTSA but it will against teams they can't just out talent, imho.

djohn2oo8
09-17-2022, 02:07 AM
Whether UTSA wins or loses it is great exposure for the program.

djohn2oo8
09-17-2022, 02:11 AM
Eh, UTSA has built a solid program and should have beaten Houston. They shouldn’t need a video to get fired up.

FkLA
09-17-2022, 02:32 PM

Blake
09-17-2022, 02:41 PM
Eh, UTSA has built a solid program and should have beaten Houston. They shouldn’t need a video to get fired up.

If you were playing hoops with your smaller, younger brother in the backyard, would you get fired up to beat him?

Blake
09-17-2022, 08:05 PM
Lol horns losing 10-7

Monostradamus
09-17-2022, 08:19 PM
Same ol’ T:lolxas

FkLA
09-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Bijan Robinson is amazing. Don't really watch UT Austin games much so thought there was a chance he might be a little over hyped, but nah he looks like he's on another level compared to everyone else. Easily the best back UTSA has ever seen.

FkLA
09-17-2022, 08:58 PM
And they've faced Aaron Jones (UTEP) , Jeff Wilson Jr (UNT), and IIRC a young Devin Singletary (FAU).

DMX7
09-17-2022, 09:14 PM
Bijan Robinson is amazing. Don't really watch UT Austin games much so thought there was a chance he might be a little over hyped, but nah he looks like he's on another level compared to everyone else. Easily the best back UTSA has ever seen.

If Texas actually had a passing game he would really be unleashed because defenses couldn't loadup the box and play the run.

Monostradamus
09-17-2022, 09:27 PM
In the history of Texas football, has a screen pass ever worked? And yet they still throw 20 a game.

Neo.
09-17-2022, 09:41 PM
utsa QB is legit. the RB is decent. the rest of the team is meh.

Blake
09-17-2022, 09:52 PM
The one utsa WR is good

Neo.
09-17-2022, 09:59 PM
The one utsa WR is good

oh yeah hes solid too

Neo.
09-17-2022, 10:04 PM
targeting rule needs to be revisited. ridiculous thats considered targeting, while a running back can lower his helmet and crack a DB with his crown and never be called for it

FkLA
09-17-2022, 10:16 PM
Is Bijan projected to be a 1st rounder or what? Jesus christ he looks like a man amongst boys. Big, fast, strong.

FkLA
09-17-2022, 10:20 PM
Damn, Traylor throwing in the towel. Probably the right move but kinda sucks.

Neo.
09-17-2022, 10:24 PM
QB fought hard. but they were clearly overmatched by far, even with texas looking completely unengaged the whole first half. the only reason it was even close was the onside/double pass trickery, and cards inability to throw downfield.

Neo.
09-17-2022, 10:25 PM
I could see something like 21-14 halftime score before things start unraveling for the birds. I think 42-17 sounds about right, imo

pretty good prediction :tu

Blake
09-17-2022, 10:37 PM
targeting rule needs to be revisited. ridiculous thats considered targeting, while a running back can lower his helmet and crack a DB with his crown and never be called for it

Yeah I didn't like that call because it seemed like incidental contact. I especially don't like the ejection rule in many instances, this being one

FkLA
09-17-2022, 10:59 PM
QB fought hard. but they were clearly overmatched by far, even with texas looking completely unengaged the whole first half. the only reason it was even close was the onside/double pass trickery, and cards inability to throw downfield.

It was 24-20 late in the 3rd Qtr and UTSA had the ball. The pick 6 and key drop the following series had nothing to do with UT.

I don't think they were severely overmatched at all. Surprisingly. They were in the game. Bijan was the only one that looked like a man amongst boys.

FkLA
09-17-2022, 11:03 PM
The one utsa WR is good

Three.

The supposed third guy (#1 JT Clark) is the best, imo. NFL body. Will likely get drafted.

Neo.
09-17-2022, 11:06 PM
It was 24-20 late in the 3rd Qtr and UTSA had the ball. The pick 6 and key drop the following series had nothing to do with UT.

no, it has to do with the fact that UTSA simply lacks talent. thus, they were overmatched. high level teams don't make those mistakes at those moments. they proved they are not that level of team.

I don't think they were severely overmatched at all. Surprisingly. They were in the game. Bijan was the only one that looked like a man amongst boys.

of course you don't :lol. you also thought that bijan was overrated and luka doncic sucks at basketball

FkLA
09-17-2022, 11:13 PM
no, it has to do with the fact that UTSA simply lacks talent. thus, they were overmatched. high level teams don't make those mistakes at those moments. they proved they are not that level of team.

of course you don't :lol. you also thought that bijan was overrated and luka doncic sucks at basketball

Yeah, ok. :lol

FkLA
09-17-2022, 11:27 PM
What in the world is Sark crying about?

playblair
09-17-2022, 11:57 PM
What in the world is Sark crying about?

ur fage it team made a video on ut campus.........sark cucked traylor for that video ish..........

FkLA
09-18-2022, 12:02 AM
ur fage it team made a video on ut campus.........sark cucked traylor for that video ish..........

Soft. No wonder the players are already talking shit on Twitter after the game.

When Sark inevitably fails that job will be Traylor's. If he wants it.

playblair
09-18-2022, 12:14 AM
Soft. No wonder the players are already talking shit on Twitter after the game.

When Sark inevitably fails that job will be Traylor's. If he wants it.

playblair
09-18-2022, 12:16 AM
FkLA this is what sark & traylor were discussing

Monostradamus
09-18-2022, 09:22 AM

They were pretty clearly the less talented team by quite a margin. The formula was to play mistake free football while throwing the playcalling kitchen sink at them. It worked for 2.5 quarters, but the difference is Texas could make mistakes all night and still win, but once UTSA started making mistakes the game was over.

Not a knock on UTSA, they put themselves in great position to beat a more talented team, it just didn’t quite go in their favor.

And any Texas fans thinking this game revealed anything about their team is delusional. Lot of “we got a squad” posts online. Most other blue bloods would have ended this game by halftime.

Kermit
09-18-2022, 09:47 AM
They were pretty clearly the less talented team by quite a margin. The formula was to play mistake free football while throwing the playcalling kitchen sink at them. It worked for 2.5 quarters, but the difference is Texas could make mistakes all night and still win, but once UTSA started making mistakes the game was over.

Not a knock on UTSA, they put themselves in great position to beat a more talented team, it just didn’t quite go in their favor.

And any Texas fans thinking this game revealed anything about their team is delusional. Lot of “we got a squad” posts online. Most other blue bloods would have ended this game by halftime.

It’s a good thing we weren’t playing Missouri State.

FkLA
09-18-2022, 09:56 AM

UTSA was playing walk ons and freshman at OLine due to injuries. Figured Texas would dominate up front and that they'd really struggle to run the ball and protect Harris. Neither happened.

UTSA moved the ball relatively well. They also actually met Bijan in backfield pretty often but he was just too good to be brought down by the first guy. Yardage/first downs does not tell the story of one team severely outclassing the other, imo. Talent wise very few teams will not be clearly inferior to UT but that's a different discussion than putting it together on the field.

I'm not saying UTSA had it in the bag or anything. Just think the game was more competitive than I thought it would be and many UT fans would like to admit. I remember a game years ago when UTSA hosted Oklahoma State, score was like 52-14 and UTSA scored two garbage time TDs to make the score seem more respectable than the game really was. This felt like the complete opposite.

24-20 with less than a minute in the 3rd Qtr, UTSA driving...I find it hard to believe a little doubt wasn't creeping into UT fans minds after all the soft letdowns they've had over the years.

FkLA
09-18-2022, 10:18 AM
Off the top of my head:

-first UTSA offensive possession...false start at the 1 (4th and goal). Going for it but had to kick FG after penalty.
-UT going for it on 4th and 4. Defensive offsides gives them the 1st down.
-Long TD reception on double move called back due to illegal procedure penalty.
-TD catch overturned after WR fails to secure catch. Unforced. Would've tied game at 24-24.
- 24-20 game, driving...unforced error pick 6
-31-20, driving at UT 30...unforced drop on 4th and 1

UT played the cleaner game, imo. If UTSA has fewer back breaking mistakes, it might've been a game for 4 quarters instead of 3.

Monostradamus
09-18-2022, 10:24 AM
It’s a good thing we weren’t playing Missouri State.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282057

Kermit
09-18-2022, 11:39 AM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401282057

Cool.

Monostradamus
09-18-2022, 12:00 PM
https://c.tenor.com/cFsekjlQb1wAAAAd/quantum-leap-mirror.gif

Neo.
09-18-2022, 12:32 PM
UTSA was playing walk ons and freshman at OLine due to injuries. Figured Texas would dominate up front and that they'd really struggle to run the ball...

utsa averaged a whopping 3.2 yards per carry and never broke a run longer than 13 yards. thats definitely a struggle to run the ball.

and protect Harris. Neither happened.
oh really?

https://twitter.com/CJVogel_TFB/status/1571504299321991168

any other QB would have been sacked a solid 8-10 times last night. they were all over harris, hes just a fantastic playmaker and deserves the majority of the credit for utsa even briefly seeming like they belonged in the game. major props to him.

UTSA moved the ball relatively well.

averaged 4.9 yards per play. again, not exactly stellar. "relatively well" lol yes it was relative in that they did well for a team that had no chance to begin with. doesnt mean they actually did well though. a couple nice drives, and a pair of trick plays but pretty much nothing else. most of those drives being sustained by a QB who was running for his life every other play and creating out of nothing.

I'm not saying UTSA had it in the bag or anything. Just think the game was more competitive than I thought it would be and many UT fans would like to admit. I remember a game years ago when UTSA hosted Oklahoma State, score was like 52-14 and UTSA scored two garbage time TDs to make the score seem more respectable than the game really was. This felt like the complete opposite.

it also seemed pretty evident the texas defense didnt give two craps until the trick plays happened. once they focused on tackling properly, utsa pretty much had nothing. texas went on a 34-3 run after that :lol

24-20 with less than a minute in the 3rd Qtr, UTSA driving...I find it hard to believe a little doubt wasn't creeping into UT fans minds after all the soft letdowns they've had over the years.

personal feelings about recent history has absolutely nothing to with the reality of the situation. harris was constantly on the run. eventually, the endless pressure was going to hurt him and cause a mistake, which it did big time. he clearly panicked when he saw watts blitzing and rushed the pass.

Kermit
09-18-2022, 12:34 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas–Texas_football_rivalry

Since we’re posting arbitrary shit that has nothing to do with UTSA.

FkLA
09-18-2022, 01:03 PM
utsa averaged a whopping 3.2 yards per carry and never broke a run longer than 13 yards. thats definitely a struggle to run the ball.

oh really?

https://twitter.com/CJVogel_TFB/status/1571504299321991168

any other QB would have been sacked a solid 8-10 times last night. they were all over harris, hes just a fantastic playmaker and deserves the majority of the credit for utsa even briefly seeming like they belonged in the game. major props to him.

averaged 4.9 yards per play. again, not exactly stellar. "relatively well" lol yes it was relative in that they did well for a team that had no chance to begin with. doesnt mean they actually did well though. a couple nice drives, and a pair of trick plays but pretty much nothing else. most of those drives being sustained by a QB who was running for his life every other play and creating out of nothing.

it also seemed pretty evident the texas defense didnt give two craps until the trick plays happened. once they focused on tackling properly, utsa pretty much had nothing. texas went on a 34-3 run after that :lol

personal feelings about recent history has absolutely nothing to with the reality of the situation. harris was constantly on the run. eventually, the endless pressure was going to hurt him and cause a mistake, which it did big time. he clearly panicked when he saw watts blitzing and rushed the pass.

https://i.ibb.co/hd30CxN/Screenshot-20220918-125050.png

:lol UT fans trying so hard to act like it was a dominant win

I don't care about averages. They moved the ball with relative ease. The RBs ran the ball better than they did against Houston and Army and they didn't have Trelylon Smith (Arkansas transfer) who was out injured. Harris and the receivers ate. No sacks allowed--Houston and Army got home on Harris. On defense, they met Bijan in the backfield plenty he's just an all-world talent so the first guy never brought him down.

The pick 6, drops, and key offsides/false starts were unforced. A real elite team would've handled UTSA with a lot more ease. This one didn't come easy for UT but if you guys want to delude yourselves into thinking Texas is back because "they almost beat Bama! :wow" go right ahead. :lol

Neo.
09-18-2022, 01:29 PM

I don't care about averages. They moved the ball with relative ease. The RBs ran the ball better than they did against Houston and Army and they didn't have Trelylon Smith (Arkansas transfer) who was out injured. Harris and the receivers ate. No sacks allowed--Houston and Army got home on Harris. On defense, they met Bijan in the backfield plenty he's just an all-world talent so the first guy never brought him down.

The pick 6, drops, and key offsides/false starts were unforced. A real elite team would've handled UTSA with a lot more ease. This one didn't come easy for UT but if you guys want to delude yourselves into thinking Texas is back because "they almost beat Bama! :wow" go right ahead. :lol

all the coulda woulda shoulda can go both ways

if ewers wasn't hurt
if card wasn't hurt
if card was a bit more accurate on a few passes
if watts hand was an inch higher
if jtavion stayed inbounds
if they didn't have that penalty on the drive to close the half

none of that matters, bc it didn't happen. UTSA got blown out without too much trouble. end of story. quit crying.

and if you think they truly moved the ball well, despite having 13 minutes more TOP and 25 more plays ran, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about :lmao

no one said Texas locked them down completely, but utsas offense moved inconsistently at best. the Texas defense clearly was the better overall unit, since the offense was completely incompetent of doing anything other than screen passes and runs with bijan.

playblair
09-18-2022, 01:51 PM
utsa head coach traylor is now accusing texas of adding speakers to his sidelines & blasting bass all of utsas possessions.......bruh welcome to big boy football this isnt the cusa......every major d1 team has speakers on opposing sidelines............bruh is salty that his video stunt backfired.......

playblair
09-18-2022, 01:52 PM

it was your teams superbowl.......for texas it was like playing an d2 school..........texas slept walked the majority of the game & still won by 20

playblair
09-18-2022, 01:58 PM
utsa is classless.........fooking commuter shool......texas should defund their system & give the money to utep/utd.......fook ur fans FkLA (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17213)

on the sark traylor postgame altercation........a utsa staffer referenced sarks drinking

Sark was looking for Traylor for the handshake. Shortly after locking eyes on Traylor, someone jogged past Sark and said something that caught his attention. Sark immediately swung around to get in that ass and had to pull off so that he could shake hands with Traylor. Sark then told him to keep his cronies in check. After that, it seemed like the two coaches came to some sort of an agreement that they should handle shit like that between themselves.

Monostradamus
09-18-2022, 01:58 PM
https://c.tenor.com/cFsekjlQb1wAAAAd/quantum-leap-mirror.gif

Blake
09-18-2022, 02:00 PM

Who said Ut is back?

Neo.
09-18-2022, 02:23 PM
Who said Ut is back?

little brother syndrome

FkLA
09-18-2022, 02:28 PM
all the coulda woulda shoulda can go both ways

if ewers wasn't hurt
if card wasn't hurt
if card was a bit more accurate on a few passes
if watts hand was an inch higher
if jtavion stayed inbounds
if they didn't have that penalty on the drive to close the half

none of that matters, bc it didn't happen. UTSA got blown out without too much trouble. end of story. quit crying.

and if you think they truly moved the ball well, despite having 13 minutes more TOP and 25 more plays ran, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about :lmao

no one said Texas locked them down completely, but utsas offense moved inconsistently at best. the Texas defense clearly was the better overall unit, since the offense was completely incompetent of doing anything other than screen passes and runs with bijan.

400+ yards, 29 first downs, 9/16 on 3rd downs? And Traylor pulled the starters 5 minutes into the 4th Qtr.

They moved the ball just fine and that's despite the unforced mistakes I mentioned. If you want to delude yourself into thinking this was a dominant win go ahead. 24-20 with under a minute left in the 3rd. To me it still looked like a team that does so little with so much. Treated Bama like their super bowl but back to being the same old soft program.

Neo.
09-18-2022, 03:06 PM
400+ yards, 29 first downs, 9/16 on 3rd downs? And Traylor pulled the starters 5 minutes into the 4th Qtr.

They moved the ball just fine and that's despite the unforced mistakes I mentioned. If you want to delude yourself into thinking this was a dominant win go ahead. 24-20 with under a minute left in the 3rd. To me it still looked like a team that does so little with so much. Treated Bama like their super bowl but back to being the same old soft program.

:lmao so much butthurt

FkLA
09-18-2022, 04:03 PM
:lmao so much butthurt

Because I don't think it was a dominant win?

Ok :lol

FkLA
09-18-2022, 04:08 PM
Who said Ut is back?

I think anybody that wants to paint it as a dominant win, does it because they want to believe UT is closer to being what it looked like against Bama than what it looked like yesterday.

Plenty of chatter on the twitters about how much more resilient this UT team is than previous years as well.

Neo.
09-18-2022, 04:22 PM
Because I don't think it was a dominant win?

Ok :lol

I think anybody that wants to paint it as a dominant win, does it because they want to believe UT is closer to being what it looked like against Bama than what it looked like yesterday.

Plenty of chatter on the twitters about how much more resilient this UT team is than previous years as well.

no one here said it was a dominant win. you keep making up stuff that no one here said.

the only claims were that utsa got blown out (a 21 point loss is generally considered a blowout), and that texas was pretty clearly the more talented team, even with a halfhearted effort

texas still has some growing to do, no fan in their right mind would say otherwise (getting ewers back will help majorly, but there are depth issues among every unit except RB).

at the same time, utsa simply isnt even close to ut's level, and no fan in their right mind would say otherwise.

and in terms of the "resilience" chatter, thats referring to how half the players on last years squad would have gotten mad and given up after utsa went up 17-7, leaving it to the freshmen to try to bail them out. those guys are now gone, and it shows.

and lets not kid ourselves, how much quicker this game would have been over if ewers was playing. receivers were open all over the field, card is just too scared to ever pull the trigger. he fights hard, but hes simply not good.