PDA

View Full Version : Latest Spurs Trade Rumors Before the 2022 NBA Draft

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
06-22-2022, 05:29 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-trade-rumors-2022-nba-draft/

Lightly protected 2028 first round picks would be underwhelming tomorrow but could pay big dividends down the road.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:32 PM
Keldon&9 for 4? Interesting but i dont know enough about who they want if its worth it

mo7888
06-22-2022, 05:36 PM
Excellent work!

scott
06-22-2022, 05:40 PM
Yo ST, can we talk about this:

4) One source told me that the Oklahoma City Thunder gauged San Antonio’s interest on a deal that consisted of Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, the ninth pick and a future first rounder from the Spurs for the second overall pick. That call, he says, was short-lived.

Does ST say yes to this deal?

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:41 PM

i mean spurs clearly weren't interested

John B
06-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the exclusive. I am not trading Keldon and the 9 for SAC 4. But I would consider the OKC 2 for Keldon, Vassell, 9 and future pick to get Chet. That I’m willing to take. I think I can still jettison 20 and 25 with Poeltl to get to Duren.

I lose Vassell/Keldon but gained Chet/Duren? Hell yeah!

Murray, Primo, McD, Chet, Duren
Jones, Lonnie, J-Rich, Zollins, Londale

scott
06-22-2022, 05:43 PM
i mean spurs clearly weren't interested

Not my question, tbh

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:44 PM
Spurs might have a hard time moving poodle at that price

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:44 PM
Not my question, tbh

obviously,tbh

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 05:47 PM
Spurs asking for a king’s ransom for Jak :lol

timvp
06-22-2022, 05:47 PM

I ninja-edited another aspect of that deal: the future first they wanted would have been unprotected.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the exclusive. I am not trading Keldon and the 9 for SAC 4. But I would consider the OKC 2 for Keldon, Vassell, 9 and future pick to get Chet. That I’m willing to take. I think I can still jettison 20 and 25 with Poeltl to get to Duren.

I lose Vassell/Keldon but gained Chet/Duren? Hell yeah!

Murray, Primo, McD, Chet, Duren
Jones, Lonnie, J-Rich, Zollins, Londale

dont think you're getting duren in that scenario

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:48 PM
I ninja-edited another aspect of that deal: the future first they wanted would have been unprotected.

which is why sa said no,obviously

Chinook
06-22-2022, 05:49 PM
Eh...

I do think Keldon's the one you trade if you're getting an offensive player, but I also think this trade is rumor that's been around for weeks and not really something being talked about. I'm not sold on Murray not being better than Johnson. He's a better fit.

If you like Banchero or Chet, you obviously make that trade. Murray and enough cap space to max another player checks a lot of boxes. Vassell and Johnson are nice, but they aren't going to stand in the way of a franchise player.

Two firsts seem like a lot for Poeltl. Unless they are trying to tell teams to back off, I do think they'll end up coming down. Two firsts for 20 makes sense if they "fake firsts" like OKC got for 16 last year. I 100-percent don't see them dumping the pick for a single selection in a future year. You can't love the depth of the draft but not like someone at 20. That's absurd. 25 is a different story.

I've been pretty vocal about my belief that SA can and probably should go into next season with four rookies and that it's not remotely uncommon for the team to do so. I think if clubs are just hoping that happens, then they're in for a rude awakening. The Spurs shouldn't make a trade to avoid making a pick. That's bad juju, as Boston has found out. There's nothing wrong with trading from strength, but they'll have ample opportunity to acquire future firsts over the years. They don't need to worry about "wasting" a couple right now.

John B
06-22-2022, 05:49 PM

Anything for Chet. Hell yeah.

heyheymymy
06-22-2022, 05:51 PM
Love that idea of packaging 25 and 38 for a future FRP especially for a 23 FRP. If Spurs get 2 really interesting players with 9 and 20 I say punt the rest if given the opportunity and focus on the 2.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 05:51 PM
The real dirty is that none of the top picks are franchise players. None of them.

Degoat
06-22-2022, 05:52 PM
God Bless, Spurs are totally over playing their hand lmao were gonna have 4 rookies after all

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:52 PM
The real dirty is that none of the top picks are franchise players. None of them.

Theyd hve to be for spurs to make that deal. Okc looking to fleece somebody

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 05:53 PM
Sounds like the Spurs are gonna draft Dieng. Thanks I hate it.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 05:54 PM

obviously not a fan:lol

3&D_TBH
We haven't seen neither Keldon's nor Vassell's ceiling yet. Can't make that deal in my opinion. We have four picks. Make good picks and our depth and warchest of trade assets could be nasty good. tbh

BatManu20
Guess I’ll add this in here.

John B
Love that idea of packaging 25 and 38 for a future FRP especially for a 23 FRP. If Spurs get 2 really interesting players with 9 and 20 I say punt the rest if given the opportunity and focus on the 2.

Depends on the board. I’m drafting Jovic if he’s still there and stash Procida.

I will trade J-Rich and others for future picks to create space. Guys are not contending next year. Better to cash in and roll the dice on drafting, and could turn into gold.

mo7888
06-22-2022, 05:56 PM
Anything for Chet. Hell yeah.

Now you're just trolling lol

John B
06-22-2022, 05:57 PM
We haven't seen neither Keldon's nor Vassell's ceiling yet. Can't make that deal in my opinion. We have four picks. Make good picks and our depth and warchest of trade assets could be nasty good. tbh

To get to Chet? Heck Pop would pack their bags and send them a bottle of wine to thank Presti.

John B
06-22-2022, 05:59 PM
Now you're just trolling lol

Nah I’m not. Chet (or Bachero if you like) are wayyyy have AS upsides than either Keldon or Vassell. Hell yeah I’d make that trade.

KingKev
06-22-2022, 06:01 PM
I’d move Keldon, Vassell, Primo and a future FRP (lottery protected) for #4 and hope one of Paulo, Chet or Smith drop but take Ivy as a consolidation prize. I’d like to keep #9 so long as they don’t draft a second rounder with the pick. Trading away quality assets for Keegan Murray at 4 is just stupid though.

Mugen
06-22-2022, 06:02 PM
I'd give up Keldon if it meant getting Banchero tbh. Vasell is probably a deal breaker tho, I'm pretty high on him.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2022, 06:04 PM

Fuck no.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 06:06 PM
Overall it seems like a weird market. Few teams having so many picks is warping their value. I disagree on the following:

1. As the draft begins, the Spurs' later FRP may become more valuable as title-challenging teams get FOMO and see players they covet start dropping.

2. I don't believe Sacramento's 4 would only take Keldon + 9. There's a scrum forming around the pick driving the price up. Kings must be smacking their lips.

Additionally:

Trading up is too costly related to assets acquired. I don't believe in the top 4 + Keegan Murray enough to bother. The real issue is the other three picks. i don't really doubt the team can divest themselves of at least two. Trading the 25 + 38 for a future first seems utterly bizarre, though.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 06:07 PM

Hell no lol

KingKev
06-22-2022, 06:08 PM
Overall it seems like a weird market. Few teams having so many picks is warping their value. I disagree on the following:

1. As the draft begins, the Spurs' later FRP may become more valuable as title-challenging teams get FOMO and see players they covet start dropping.

2. I don't believe Sacramento's 4 would only take Keldon + 9. There's a scrum forming around the pick driving the price up. Kings must be smacking their lips.

Additionally:

Trading up is too costly related to assets acquired. I don't believe in the top 4 + Keegan Murray enough to bother. The real issue is the other three picks. i don't really doubt the team can divest themselves of at least two. Trading the 25 + 38 for a future first seems utterly bizarre, though.

Disagree on #1. Teams even sniffing contention will have 0 interest in an FRP that isn’t top 5ish.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 06:10 PM
I dont know how I feel about Keldon + 9 for 4. That is prob fair value and its been discussed as an idea but its right on the fringe of should Sa do it. But I trust SA

But Sochan + Keldon for Ivey? It’s tough. Lol at anyone floating that rumor about Keegan lmao

I would love for SA to get 13 & 15 for Jakob by giving pick 20 or 25 with it too. SA needs to do something and at a minimum I hope they get two lottery picks this draft.

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2022, 06:11 PM
thanks for the article TimVP. I like that the Spurs ask for too much, that means they are trying to fleece somebody. If they can make it happen great. They'll obviously come down with the asking price, but as long as they get more back than what they give up it's a win. I really hope we are not drafting Dieng with 9.

By the way there is no way in hell you trade Keldon, Vassell and 9th for the 2nd pick, let alone adding a future first to that. The top 4 players in this draft are not even guaranteed franchise players like a Ja Morant for example. They more projected to be fringe All-Star players like Tobias Harris and Blake Griffin.

I wouldn't even do Keldon + 9 for 4. Maybe if Banchero drops to 4, but I'm not sure I'd do it for Ivey and definitely not Keegan Murray

MannyIsGod
06-22-2022, 06:11 PM
Spurs have a dearth of players right now and while Keldon and Vassel aren't amazing, they're both productive players. I would MUCH rather draft 4 rookies than give those away chasing someone in the top 4. The Spurs are likely to get a solid player at 9 with high upside. The difference between that and 2 isn't worth 2 young productive players that haven't met their ceilings.

Keldon is going to be an all star in this league. I'm not as high on Vassel, but I'm pretty sure that Keldon is going to reach multiple ASG in his career.

Dverde
06-22-2022, 06:12 PM
Shit is too quiet. Spurs are up to something. I think it’s more draft then a big trade. Probably won’t happen until tomorrow when the Spurs know whose available at certain spots.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 06:12 PM
Keldin and vassell are both going to get better. Presti isn't stupid

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 06:13 PM
Disagree on #1. Teams even sniffing contention will have 0 interest in an FRP that isn’t top 5ish.

1. The top 5 is completely out of their range.

2. Of course they would. The league is entirely flat right now. So flat that a mediocre, aging GSW team won almost out of muscle memory. A decent rookie would push a lot of teams in the right direction.

TD 21
06-22-2022, 06:13 PM
There's very few "franchise players", but if they think there's a solid chance of Ivey being a legit first option, of course it makes sense to give up Johnson and 9 for him.

The Poeltl rumor has to be posturing. Despite the impressive catch all metrics, a going on 28 (when his next contract kicks in) rim runner, who lacks versatility isn't commanding a star type package. Unless they intend to retain him long term, they better be careful to not overplay their hand and be left holding the bag.

Spare me the "offers will go up after he's extended" spiel. As a foreign role player at the most oversaturated position in the league, anyone who trades for him should be extremely confident in retaining him.

Dverde
06-22-2022, 06:14 PM
Spurs have a dearth of players right now and while Keldon and Vassel aren't amazing, they're both productive players. I would MUCH rather draft 4 rookies than give those away chasing someone in the top 4. The Spurs are likely to get a solid player at 9 with high upside. The difference between that and 2 isn't worth 2 young productive players that haven't met their ceilings.

Keldon is going to be an all star in this league. I'm not as high on Vassel, but I'm pretty sure that Keldon is going to reach multiple ASG in his career.

Keldon is not going to be an All-Star. An above average player who may be a starter on a championship team.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 06:16 PM
It does show that SA has a lot of good young players though. They really can do anything they want. Murray has insane value IMO. Vassell and Keldon rock solid value. Jakob too.

SA needs to figure this out with all their assets. They need to maximize value and pick a direction and keep going.

JR3
06-22-2022, 06:17 PM
Good write up. A lot of different ways this can play out. Looking forward to this draft more than previous years.

Ariel
06-22-2022, 06:18 PM
I'd trade Keldon + 9 for anyone from the top 4 but Chet. I just dont have confidence he'll ever become a first or second option on offense, and I'm really wary of what the NBA wear and tear will do to his paper thin frame.
That said, I wouldn't throw in Vassell or a future first unprotected, much less both. At the most I'd include 25+38 anda thats only for Banchero. If not, keep adding talent and better opportunities will come.

Russ
06-22-2022, 06:19 PM
Wow! What great reporting, timvp.

I've rarely seen such quantity (and quality of) info on the eve of the draft (and the majority of it even seemed plausible).

duncan2150
06-22-2022, 06:19 PM
Happy to see that the Spurs are not lowballing their picks. Yes we all think they will not draft four guys but i'm not totally sure of that. If they don't have good offers i can see them drafting at least 3 guys with one being a stash maybe.

John B
06-22-2022, 06:20 PM
timvp no rumors on Dejounte with regards to the cryptic DJ tweet?

John B
06-22-2022, 06:20 PM
timvp no rumors on Dejounte with regards to the cryptic DJ tweet?

slick'81
06-22-2022, 06:25 PM
Spurs talk already slowing down with this new rumor article . Tomorrow is going to be a shit show

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 06:37 PM
:bobo

--- Jakob's price is indeed too high, but they aren't desperate to move him or anything. That's also a starting point for negotiation. We have chatted about Jakob a ton. It's kind of disappointing at the moment, but they aren't in a rush. They also haven't drafted Duren yet and seen him play with Dejounte in the gym making them more comfortable moving on. (:downspin:)

--- I don't see the Spurs making a move up. This is just my personal opinion, but I appreciate learning they are making inquiries and also taking offers. I am intrigued at learning of 4 for Keldon and 9. I am not crazy about Ivey in the same sense as Timvp isn't either. I don't see a franchise player there, but I am not a pro scout, and the infusion of talent he would bring is undeniable. It also kind of places in perspective all this mention of "guards" as the BPA coming from Wright's mouth. I would be excited if he's drafted though. Keldon not being the PF would also stop driving others crazy. Still most likely thing is that Keldon and 9 are in the team and we move on.

--- The other trades seem really fluid and will be interesting to watch. I kind of expect the Spurs to make all 4 of their 4 draft picks. Who is giving two picks in future years for one late first here? That is crazy.

--- Kind of underwhelmed overall, but just bc I expect a lot of standing pat despite all this chatter, and making the picks they are meant to. That is generally how they play it. Now we will have to wait and see who they get, or if indeed anything changes on draft night.

exstatic
06-22-2022, 06:41 PM
Depends on the board. I’m drafting Jovic if he’s still there and stash Procida.

I will trade J-Rich and others for future picks to create space. Guys are not contending next year. Better to cash in and roll the dice on drafting, and could turn into gold.

JRich would likely only be interesting to contenders, and they won’t have cap room to absorb him. They’ll have to send back appropriate contracts, so, no cap space.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 06:48 PM
High priorities IMO: Trading Richardson and Doug - especially for any + value (moving up or future picks). They need to be cycled out and have no value to SA - especially if SA is making 3 picks or more.

Trading up for a 2nd lottery pick via 20 and 25 and/or player. If SA is going to use trades and FA to make a leap to playoffs then dont trade Jakob, but if they are not doing that, they need to move Jakob during the draft IMO.

Lesser priority is trading Murray/Vassell/Keldon to move into top 4. I trust SA that if they did it I would understand, but I dont think its a priority.

timvp: One obvious trade candidate I did not see mentioned was John Collins. He seems available, fills a need and is young/talented. Is that not something sA cares about at all?

TimmehC
06-22-2022, 06:50 PM
That OKC deal is intriguing if the unprotected future FRP is like 2025. If it's for next year, hell no.

scott
06-22-2022, 06:51 PM

I think there is close to a 0% chance Keldon becomes an all-star. It would require either:

1) Keldon to be the best player on the team, and that would be a doomsday scenario for the Spurs
2) Spurs to be very good and Keldon to be the second best player on the team. If Keldon is the Spurs second best player, they probably aren't good enough to have two all-stars.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 06:54 PM
I am going to be absolutely devastated if SA drafts Primo then Dieng at 9. Seriously. I will be floored. But between the team wanting to jump to 8 to guarantee Dieng and Dieng’s agent calling Wright I am prepping for doomsday.

Texas eye
06-22-2022, 06:58 PM
I am going to be absolutely devastated if SA drafts Primo then Dieng at 9. Seriously. I will be floored. But between the team wanting to jump to 8 to guarantee Dieng and Dieng’s agent calling Wright I am prepping for doomsday.

Maybe our trade partner wants him? Might be something else at play.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 07:01 PM
I like Chet, but he's not without risk. I am not sure I do that trade either, bc you have to absolutely believe he will be the man to do a haul like that, and I am not sure about that. The unprotected future first I am specially reluctant to give up. Spurs hung up understandably. I think they like him, but they also have their doubts. This is not Timmy D they are getting, if they believed he was, they give up an arm and a leg.

Rather pick up Duren at 9 if he's there, and not have to give up anything. There is a chance although small, that he will even turn out better.

exstatic
06-22-2022, 07:04 PM
That OKC deal is intriguing if the unprotected future FRP is like 2025. If it's for next year, hell no.

You NEVER include an unprotected FRP in a trade, unless it’s for an All NBA player. If DJ goes down, we miss out on a high pick because we’re stupid.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 07:04 PM
God Bless, Spurs are totally over playing their hand lmao were gonna have 4 rookies after all
Specially with Jakob. :drunk

I still have hope they find a trade for him in the future. They aren't desperate. So I guess I am dispirited but not broken yet.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 07:07 PM
I already don't like this draft bc I am starting to believe the Spurs will pass up on Duren and others for Dieng. This is basically the same team as last season and undoubtedly some guys will bust. Dieng to me is among the riskiest guys you can pick. Heck, I don't like him, but AJ Griffin is better.

rascal
06-22-2022, 07:08 PM
From the looks of things it doesn't look like the Spurs are interested in making any trades by their asking prices.

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 07:13 PM

We might be in luck. Jonathan Givony, who is well-connected in the world of the NBA Draft, has Dieng going to the Pels at 8 in his latest mock. Maybe they scoop him up right before us.

Bad news? He has us taking Shaedon Sharpe :lol

rascal
06-22-2022, 07:14 PM
I think there is close to a 0% chance Keldon becomes an all-star. It would require either:

1) Keldon to be the best player on the team, and that would be a doomsday scenario for the Spurs
2) Spurs to be very good and Keldon to be the second best player on the team. If Keldon is the Spurs second best player, they probably aren't good enough to have two all-stars.

Agree I'd move Keldon + 9 for 4. 4 will get you an all star.

John B
06-22-2022, 07:14 PM
I like Chet, but he's not without risk. I am not sure I do that trade either, bc you have to absolutely believe he will be the man to do a haul like that, and I am not sure about that. The unprotected future first I am specially reluctant to give up. Spurs hung up understandably. I think they like him, but they also have their doubts. This is not Timmy D they are getting, if they believed he was, they give up an arm and a leg.

Rather pick up Duren at 9 if he's there, and not have to give up anything. There is a chance although small, that he will even turn out better.

That’s like having a chance at Doncic but drafting Bagley instead, or trading Doncic for Trae.

Duren will never have the range, ball handling, playmaking, perimeter coverage, etc like Chet.

rascal
06-22-2022, 07:17 PM
We might be in luck. Jonathan Givony, who is well-connected in the world of the NBA Draft, has Dieng going to New Orleans at 8 in his latest mock. Maybe they scoop him up right before us.

He's way off, Portland is taking Sharpe and the Spurs are taking Sochan.

Dieng is a smokescreen hoping NO takes him.
Spurs are worried NO may take Sochan as NO is showing interest in him. But Sochan is the Spurs target for 9.

the golden era
06-22-2022, 07:22 PM
I really think this is all smoke, they are using their picks. If a trade materialized i think it is with charlotte at 13 or 15. I suspect details are worked out if someone they want falls. As SA Girl has said the biggest issue is we already have too many picks this year, some of the theoretical deals would need to involve picks in the future. I still believe the target at 9 is Sochan and if gone Jaylen Williams. If those two are gone then sure pull trigger on Duren.

PhantomDashCam
06-22-2022, 07:26 PM
If Portland takes Sharpe, it has to be in a trade scenario I would assume.
They are after win-now players that even the most ardent supporters would have to say that he is unlikely to be, right away.

If Spurs take Sharpe, I would assume that it would be for the same reason.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 07:29 PM
That’s like having a chance at Doncic but drafting Bagley instead, or trading Doncic for Trae.

Duren will never have the range, ball handling, playmaking, perimeter coverage, etc like Chet.
I dont see Chet as a Doncic caliber player, that is where we disagree.

Duren I don't predict to be an all time player or generational talent like Doncic is either, but he's a viable player that could be on the level of Bam Adebayo, maybe better, who knows? Point is he has a path to be a viable player. Chet has a ton of huge potential, but I don't know how he will handle the game's physicality. You could be right, but I have enough doubts about him to not make that trade.

We aren't talking about me choosing Duren at 2 if I had that pick to make. We are talking about having to give up a haul for a player I am uncertain will turn out to be worth it, and me just choosing to make a pick for a reasonable talented player at 9 instead.

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2022, 07:34 PM
High priorities IMO: Trading Richardson and Doug - especially for any + value (moving up or future picks). They need to be cycled out and have no value to SA - especially if SA is making 3 picks or more.

Trading up for a 2nd lottery pick via 20 and 25 and/or player. If SA is going to use trades and FA to make a leap to playoffs then dont trade Jakob, but if they are not doing that, they need to move Jakob during the draft IMO.

Lesser priority is trading Murray/Vassell/Keldon to move into top 4. I trust SA that if they did it I would understand, but I dont think its a priority.

timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8): One obvious trade candidate I did not see mentioned was John Collins. He seems available, fills a need and is young/talented. Is that not something sA cares about at all?

"Jake Fischer: One thing that is certain: the Atlanta Hawks, sources say, are operating with the goal of trading John Collins before Thursday night gets underway (https://hoopshype.com/social/)."

If they are selling him for the low, I'ma be pissed if we don't get him

CGD
06-22-2022, 07:45 PM
Good stuff, thanks!

rascal
06-22-2022, 07:46 PM
If Portland takes Sharpe, it has to be in a trade scenario I would assume.
They are after win-now players that even the most ardent supporters would have to say that he is unlikely to be, right away.

If Spurs take Sharpe, I would assume that it would be for the same reason.

Why are you assuming the Spurs don't like Sharpe? We don't know how the spurs feel about Sharpe.

Just because this board isn't in favor of Sharpe doesn't mean the Spurs aren't.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 07:47 PM
We might be in luck. Jonathan Givony, who is well-connected in the world of the NBA Draft, has Dieng going to the Pels at 8 in his latest mock. Maybe they scoop him up right before us.

So does Tankathon.

I don't know why people think Givony knows what he's doing. The years of DraftExpress are long gone. He's a Disney guy now.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 07:47 PM
From the looks of things it doesn't look like the Spurs are interested in making any trades by their asking prices.
I am with you here. They look quite content with making their 4 picks and moving on.

The actual surprise to me, would be them making a draft night trade.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 07:48 PM
Why are you assuming the Spurs don't like Sharpe? We don't know how the spurs feel about Sharpe.

I mean, Sharpe literally lied about his vertical on social media. He and his team wasn't up front to Coach Calipari. There were shady things with his h.s. transcript. Dude's shady.

Dverde
06-22-2022, 07:51 PM
I’d hate to be the last Jalen picked. You hear your first name 10 times then find out it someone else.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 07:51 PM
"Jake Fischer: One thing that is certain: the Atlanta Hawks, sources say, are operating with the goal of trading John Collins before Thursday night gets underway (https://hoopshype.com/social/)."

If they are selling him for the low, I'ma be pissed if we don't get him
I am with you here.

I was surprised for how little Grant went, maybe the Spurs didn't even want him, but I am assuming bc Grant is on his last year and will need to be resigned or extended, that him being in agreement with where he was traded (and his role! as we all know him well) was a big part of why Detroit had to take whatever they could from Portland.

The Collins situation is completely different. He's in a cost controlled deal. Ball is on the Spurs court.

rascal
06-22-2022, 07:54 PM
I mean, Sharpe literally lied about his vertical on social media. He and his team wasn't up front to Coach Calipari. There were shady things with his h.s. transcript. Dude's shady.

Stop it

Sharpe is going in the top 10 so what you post is a bunch of nonsense as a team will still draft him in the top 10.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 07:55 PM
I’d hate to be the last Jalen picked. You hear your first name 10 times then find out it someone else.

Jalen... Williams
Jalen... Rogers
Jalen... Briggs
Jalen... Edwards
Jalen... Frogsmith
Jalen... Sangiacomo
Jalen... sorry, Dalen... Terry
Jalen... Nichols

Not you, Jalen Bagwell. Not you.

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2022, 07:56 PM
I am with you here.

I was surprised for how little Grant went, maybe the Spurs didn't even want him, but I am assuming bc Grant is on his last year and will need to be resigned or extended, that him being in agreement with where he was traded (and his role! as we all know him well) was a big part of why Detroit had to take whatever they could from Portland.

The Collins situation is completely different. He's in a cost controlled deal. Ball is on the Spurs court.

yes and even Woj said they want to move him before or during the draft. His price should be a lot lower than expected. Also with Portland getting Grant it's one less suitor. Spurs have to make an offer.

CGD
06-22-2022, 07:57 PM
So does Tankathon.

I don't know why people think Givony knows what he's doing. The years of DraftExpress are long gone. He's a Disney guy now.

Based on recent track records, who would you say are the best mockers? I think at some point there needs to be a scorecard on these guys

CGD
06-22-2022, 07:59 PM
yes and even Woj said they want to move him before or during the draft. His price should be a lot lower than expected. Also with Portland getting Grant it's one less suitor. Spurs have to make an offer.

And if they want to move him now, it means PHX doesn’t want him as part of an Ayton deal either (or can’t make the numbers work).

I think Utah makes the most sense for both sides.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 08:01 PM
Based on recent track records, who would you say are the best mockers? I think at some point there needs to be a scorecard on these guys

Lol, no idea. I just hate the product ESPN puts out.

This guy, and Hoop Intellect and some others, have good individual scouting videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/AdamSpinella

Adam Spinella, incidentally, just switched his Spurs pick from Duren to Ousmane Dieng in his latest draft (3 hrs ago). A lot of mocks seem to be biting on the Dieng rumors. I don't buy Sharpe at all, though, and Givony should know better.

Leetonidas
06-22-2022, 08:10 PM
This will be the most exciting 24 hours aside from a couple days in July all the way until October. :hungry: really hope Brian Wright pulls something out of his ass

MultiTroll
06-22-2022, 08:14 PM
5) I’ve been told that a Jakob Poeltl trade could happen during the draft but it’s not especially likely. San Antonio’s current asking price is three separate assets. For example, two first round picks and a promising young player is reportedly what it’d take right now.
:lol Spurs
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1ah1x75lfn/images/stencil/500x659/products/890/2579/rickpolo__21335.1504202837.jpg?c=2

PhantomDashCam
06-22-2022, 08:16 PM

Not going to disagree with you there at all. I mean they liked him enough to bring him in for a workout, none of our media got wind of it; in fact it was only revealed by Sharpe himself in a team interview...

That being said, when you look at what the Spurs tend to value, first and foremost is the quality of person/character.
Now all we, the fans, have to go on with respect to this is short snippet media videos, scouting reports etc. and the answers/comments seem to be the exact antithesis of this.

I'm not going to pretend to know Sharpe intimately and perhaps it is all B/S in shaping some form of narrative (I even speculated upon this in his dedicated thread).

However, remember that your basing your infatuation on High School film and tantalizing upside which is evident in highly edited clips dating back some time ago.
I'm doing very much the same thing, though it's based on more recent intel. and a historical franchise track record.

The results, at this stage, back up my hypothesis more than yours I'm afraid... that is Sharpe is not fit for a Spurs life, which would start initially with time in the G-League, building up Defensive acumen, understanding team philosophies, playing off ball in low usage situations...

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 08:17 PM
I look at several and then don't keep track who hit or anything.
I am looking now at NBA.com, they don't do mock drafts, they just show consensus.

Right now for the Spurs pick, they have the consensus on Duren. Still this is only 5 from 12 major websites they source information from. That is not even the majority, and is one of the spots where there is less consensus in the top of the lottery. Only a few spots there, have 3 or 4.

MOST COMMON PICKS
No. 1 (Magic): Jabari Smith (10)
No. 2 (Thunder): Chet Holmgren (10)
No. 3 (Rockets): Paolo Banchero (12)
No. 4 (Kings): Jaden Ivey (10)
No. 5 (Pistons): Keegan Murray (7)
No. 6 (Pacers): Bennedict Mathurin (5)
No. 7 (Trail Blazers): Dyson Daniels (5)
No. 8 (Pelicans): Dyson Daniels, Shaedon Sharpe (4)
No. 9 (Spurs): Jalen Duren (5)
No. 10 (Wizards): Johnny Davis (9)
No. 11 (Knicks): A.J. Griffin (6)
No. 12 (Thunder): Ousmane Dieng, Jeremy Sochan (3)
No. 13 (Hornets): Mark Williams (4)
No. 14 (Cavaliers): Ochai Agbaji (6)

https://www.nba.com/news/2022-consensus-mock-draft

FWIW, 5 sites had Duren, according to the latest update, but quite a few others, wouldn't be surprised if it was 4 or so (a very close number) had the Spurs as picking Sochan.

John B
06-22-2022, 08:18 PM
:lol Spurs
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1ah1x75lfn/images/stencil/500x659/products/890/2579/rickpolo__21335.1504202837.jpg?c=2

Sales 101. Set the price high enough, and meet at the middle.

Let the bidding war begin :toast

T Park
06-22-2022, 08:25 PM

All these years after Kawhi, and no one understands leverage still.

rascal
06-22-2022, 08:31 PM
There is no leverage when teams hang the phone up while other teams are calling with realistic offers and making trades.

baseline bum
06-22-2022, 08:34 PM

I like Holmgren more than most people here, but Doncic was the biggest sure thing pick since LeBron. He was MVP of Euroleage at 19 and that's a far higher level of competition than the NCAA.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 08:57 PM
We just saw what Grant fetched…SA would be wild to expect 2 picks for Jakob. I mean, I hope they get it, but I would be thrilled with a lottery pick in this draft tbh…

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:01 PM

Stream of consciousness coming at you:

Schmidt told Givony to take the Sharpe to the Portland down... the leak was too evident and he had to do damage control.

Dyson Daniels for Portland? ehhhhhh I would not be particularly excited about that, but OTOH, perhaps Portland wised up after all, and went for a defensive prospect to correct past mistakes.

Now... put in perspective all this talk of taking the BPA, even if he's a guard, and that the Spurs are not in a position to refuse the BPA... the effort to trade for Ivey -- at least a tested prospect with a known record -- not able to trade for him, and having Sharpe there.

If that is the pick, I am afraid we won't see Mr. Body for a couple of days. The server crash will help hide it.

I am kind of with Timvp on him, if he's selected, you'd have to trust them and be excited. Possible bust if he turns out like a homeless version of Lonnie IV too, just we don't know.

T Park
06-22-2022, 09:02 PM
We just saw what Grant fetched…SA would be wild to expect 2 picks for Jakob. I mean, I hope they get it, but I would be thrilled with a lottery pick in this draft tbh…

I wouldn’t give up 2 or even a lottery pick for a guy that’ll be a free agent soon.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 09:06 PM
I wouldn’t give up 2 or even a lottery pick for a guy that’ll be a free agent soon.

I agree but good player are good players and Jak is good. So if a team wants to improve and thinks Jak>15th pick it makes sense.

KobesAchilles
06-22-2022, 09:06 PM
If all it takes to get Ivey is KJ and the 9th pick then you do that deal. We are using KJ wrong anyways so his fit on the team isn’t even that good. It does suck to lose a 40% 3 point shooter in him but hey that’s why you trade for Hayward. He slides right into the SF position and gives us shooting. But Ivey is a player that needs to be drafted by us in order to be successful. If he goes to Sac then his career is screwed. We can make a hell of a player out of Ivey

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 09:07 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-trade-rumors-2022-nba-draft/

Lightly protected 2028 first round picks would be underwhelming tomorrow but could pay big dividends down the road.

Hes someone that if other teams are not “sold” on him at 4, and that if SA does not land a top 4 pick, I hope SA can trade up for. If Ivey falls to like pick 5-7, SA use 9 + 20 to move up (or something in that mold). I think hes the one of the top 4 that has best shot at falling some and SA moving up to get.

:reading

T Park
06-22-2022, 09:07 PM
I agree but good player are good players and Jak is good. So if a team wants to improve and thinks Jak>15th pick it makes sense.

Those are moves that get you fired

Dverde
06-22-2022, 09:08 PM
I still think James Wiseman for Poodle plus a first round pick makes sense for both teams.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:08 PM
Problem is that bc he's on the last year of his deal, who is going to give up a ton for him? He's not even someone you can extend to prevent hitting FA bc he's worth more and not signing an extension.

Honestly, is he someone that you can't just wait to sign next summer when he will be an UFA? Hornets? They may get a center in the draft. It may even be the reason Kessler was invited to the green room. If both Duren and Williams are picked before 13 (unlikely), Kessler will be there.

Indy tried to get in this trade with offering Turner. Bamba is a RFA. There are options.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 09:10 PM
Problem is that bc he's on the last year of his deal, who is going to give up a ton for him? He's not even someone you can extend to prevent hitting FA bc he's worth more and not signing an extension.

Honestly, is he someone that you can't just wait to sign next summer when he will be an UFA? Hornets? They may get a center in the draft. It may even be the reason Kessler was invited to the green room. If both Duren and Williams are picked before 13 (unlikely), Kessler will be there.

Indy tried to get in this trade with offering Turner. Bamba is a RFA. There are options.

Teams like CHA dont want to waste another year. They took a step back and fired a coach because of it. Does it make the most sense? Maybe not, but when a team signals who they are, I tend to believe them.

Even if its not exactly Jakob for pick 13, just something like that. Maybe its Jak + 25 for 13 and a future pick or something.

spurs10
06-22-2022, 09:16 PM
As usual I appreciate timvp's great article. I'm really excited about this draft and wonder who the Spurs are targeting. Since I don't know a lot about the players I'm leaning on the comments here...all ears here. On paper Mathurin caught my attention.

rascal
06-22-2022, 09:17 PM
If all it takes to get Ivey is KJ and the 9th pick then you do that deal. We are using KJ wrong anyways so his fit on the team isn’t even that good. It does suck to lose a 40% 3 point shooter in him but hey that’s why you trade for Hayward. He slides right into the SF position and gives us shooting. But Ivey is a player that needs to be drafted by us in order to be successful. If he goes to Sac then his career is screwed. We can make a hell of a player out of Ivey

I don't know why the Spurs did not make that trade. What are they expecting to give up for the 4th pick?

CGD
06-22-2022, 09:17 PM
It would be hilarious if all this Deing smoke was to get OKC to panic and trade up to 8 to snag him, so that the Spurs can get their guy, Dyson Daniels, to fall to them at 9.

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:20 PM
Teams like CHA dont want to waste another year. They took a step back and fired a coach because of it. Does it make the most sense? Maybe not, but when a team signals who they are, I tend to believe them.

Even if its not exactly Jakob for pick 13, just something like that. Maybe its Jak + 25 for 13 and a future pick or something.
We'll see what happens. I don't buy that as much as you do, specially if the Spurs don't soften up. There are options is my point. Cant give up a ton for a one year of Jakob.

rascal

How about Jak + 20 for 13 and a lottery protected future first?

LkrFan

CGD
06-22-2022, 09:21 PM
I don't know why the Spurs did not make that trade. What are they expecting to give up for the 4th pick?

I think its more about having frameworks/deals in your back pocket ready to go if the chips fall a certain way the day of. If I'm SAC I want to be damn certain that Ivey doesn't jump one of the consensus top 3 guys giving me a shot at Banchero or Chet at 4.

rascal
It would be hilarious if all this Deing smoke was to get OKC to panic and trade up to 8 to snag him, so that the Spurs can get their guy, Dyson Daniels, to fall to them at 9.

OK City doesn't want Dieng. If they trade up its for Sharpe.

SAGirl
How about Jak + 20 for 13 and a lottery protected future first?
Spurs aren't doing Jak +20, they want Jak for 3 assets, two of which are first round picks. Maybe they soften up to two assets, that is more doable. I don't think it happens though, I suspect Charlotte gets cold feet and just drafts a center.

T Park
06-22-2022, 09:22 PM
I still think James Wiseman for Poodle plus a first round pick makes sense for both teams.

Yuck

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:23 PM
I think its more about having frameworks/deals in your back pocket ready to go if the chips fall a certain way the day of. If I'm SAC I want to be damn certain that Ivey doesn't jump one of the consensus top 3 guys giving me a shot at Banchero or Chet at 4.
That, plus there is a scrum for that pick still. Other teams are also throwing assets at them.

T Park
06-22-2022, 09:24 PM
OK City doesn't want Dieng. If they trade up its for Sharpe.

Lmfao. Literally the only person on earth that likes sharpe at this point. The guy is a damn peanut head.

CGD
06-22-2022, 09:25 PM

Jrue was basically filler and 3 FRP

lmbebo
06-22-2022, 09:26 PM

So 1-2 players, 2 future 1st round picks and a pick swap?

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 09:26 PM
Da Fuk???

Dis is not what I meant when I said trade for Collins lmao

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 09:27 PM
We'll see what happens. I don't buy that as much as you do, specially if the Spurs don't soften up. There are options is my point. Cant give up a ton for a one year of Jakob.

I agree with you overall - was just making a framework of how Jak ends up netting a lottery pick (even if not likely)

eDizzle20
06-22-2022, 09:27 PM
I'm not sold on trading Jakob. He has progressed nicely every season. Yeah, he's going into the last year of his contract, but I don't think you trade him just because he's gonna command too much money next offseason. He's an excellent rebounder and very good defender. Unless the Spurs have an offer they can't refuse I don't see it. With that being said I'm all for the best available player. Based on all the prospects and the players that are going to be legitimately available I see it as Sharpe, Davis, Sochan. I like the though of EJ Liddell at no. 20. He would fill the PF position that the Spurs need to address in this draft.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 09:28 PM
Da Fuk???

Yeah I'm pretty confident Jake Fischer pulled that right out of his rectum.

jjspur
Sharpe and Dieng = bad picks for the spurs.
Duren or Sochan = better picks
Davis or Daniels = probable pick

If Duren, Sochan, or Daniels falls the spurs should jump on it. Davis should be there if the rest are already taken.

scott

Gross. #20 for Collins seems more like market price after the Grant trade.

NASpurs
:lol probably explains DJ's cryptic message

rascal
06-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Lmfao. Literally the only person on earth that likes sharpe at this point. The guy is a damn peanut head.

You must not visit other team's sites because this site is the only one who doesn't want Sharpe that I've seen.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Da Fuk???

beyond retarded

exstatic
06-22-2022, 09:30 PM

So many people fail to understand this primary pillar of negotiations.

AFBlue
06-22-2022, 09:30 PM
Would they also have a deal to jump up and get Ivey?

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:33 PM

Eyes Emoji!!!!!

So it begins.

The rumors with Dejounte have started. It will take a while to hit on the right trade, and the Spurs have leverage at this point. Just like many players of his caliber around the league tend to be in rumors for a while until something significant materializes. DJ has given direct signs that he's growing frustrated with the losing.

All I hope is that the Spurs don't wait until the last possible moment for a trade and he's really disgruntled to move on something. At that point, and once his FA approaches, they have less options.

I doubt they act on this though. If they make a move on a Collins deal it would be for him to play with Dejounte and not to give him away.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:34 PM
If the spurs were to deal dejounte the rebuild will be in full effect

rascal
06-22-2022, 09:34 PM
So many people fail to understand this primary pillar of negotiations.

Problem with that is teams are not only talking with you and if your price is set too high they just move onto more reasonable offers elsewhere and you miss out playing out a low ball offer.

rascal
06-22-2022, 09:35 PM

In reality they are in a rebuild.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:35 PM
In reality they are in a rebuild.

ive been saying that for years

NASpurs
06-22-2022, 09:36 PM

It's a non playoff team :lol, the rebuild has been on for a while

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:36 PM
The only rumor that seems realistic is kj/9 for #4 . Brian wright putting in work

Chinook
06-22-2022, 09:37 PM
Jake Fischer has no credibility I thought we figured that out when he tried to leak an impossible trade. That was the whole point of the stupid back-and-forth that Teeds and I had. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Hawks did want Murray -- he's a great fit for them. If the Spurs want two picks for Poeltl, they probably do want an all-in deal for Murray. To get that value, the Hawks might well want to liquidate Collins. That is a logical sequence of events. But that's also fan drivel, as is S&Ting Ayton for a 2022 pick. Fischer reports shit like this because he doesn't have sources.

slick'81
It's a non playoff team :lol, the rebuild has been on for a while

if not for the playin it be more obvious

exstatic
Da Fuk???

Spoiler alert: John Collins alone is far short of a Jrue Holiday type return. N.O. got 4 FRPs, and a couple of pick swaps for Jrue. This trade ain’t happening.

SAGirl
I know what you mean.

Yea they are already in a rebuild... but the bottoming out will start for real.

Welcome first round pick sweepstakes.

CGD
06-22-2022, 09:38 PM
It was interesting that Lowe was musing about DJ destinations on a recent pod. I believe he threw out there DeAngelo and 3 picks from Minni as a hypothetical. Makes me wonder if he hadn't picked up rumblings too.

exstatic
06-22-2022, 09:39 PM
Jrue was basically filler and 3 FRP

4, not 3. Couple of pick swap options, too.

MI21
06-22-2022, 09:40 PM
lol, the Spurs aren't trading Dejounte Murray for John Collins guys, calm down.

I imagine Collins "value" dipped after what a somewhat similarly valuable player in Jerami Grant went for. This is someone with a vested interest leaking this to try and "save" Collins value.

Non-issue.

Dex
Spurs giving up on Murray would be a huge mistake unless they get a crazy return on the trade

Big Empty
Idk how i feel about this. JC sucks. Id trade DJ for the 4th as long as we can keep the 9th. I. Dont see DM wanting to re-sign here unless we become a playoff team this coming year. I dont want to re-sign DM for a large contract if he cant sink 3s with ease. I think we’ll run it back with our young core one more year. If we still cant make the playoffs i can see us trying to trade DM to continue the rebuild. Hes entering his prime at 26 this september and by the start of the following season he’ll be 27. He’s going to want to win now and i cant blame him. If we’re still trying to develop all of our 21 year olds it makes sense to get some picks for him.

rascal
Spurs are making it almost impossible for teams to even consider trading with them.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:41 PM
Spurs giving up on Murray would be a huge mistake unless they get a crazy return on the trade

yea, pop would have to be kidnapped to give up his golden child

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:41 PM
Jake Fischer has no credibility I thought we figured that out when he tried to leak an impossible trade. That was the whole point of the stupid back-and-forth that Teeds and I had. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Hawks did want Murray -- he's a great fit for them. If the Spurs want two picks for Poeltl, they probably do want an all-in deal for Murray. To get that value, the Hawks might well want to liquidate Collins. That is a logical sequence of events. But that's also fan drivel, as is S&Ting Ayton for a 2022 pick. Fischer reports shit like this because he doesn't have sources.
Bleacher Report has no credibility. I see these things more as rumors of what teams are trying to do.
It was leaked that teams were asking about Murray. Now why leak it into the public media? So Murray gets eyes emoji about it I imagine.

exstatic
06-22-2022, 09:42 PM

That’s why they said they wanted a Jrue type return. Four FRPs, and a couple of pick swap options. DJ’s going nowhere.

CGD
06-22-2022, 09:42 PM
Spoiler alert: John Collins alone is far short of a Jrue Holiday type return. N.O. got 4 FRPs, and a couple of pick swaps for Jrue. This trade ain’t happening.

Yeah, but it does seem like ATL is desperate to move Collins at this point. His value seems pretty low now especially with Portland off the table and Grant being had for so little. Also ATL owns a lotto protected CHA FRP pick next year for what it's worth.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 09:43 PM
Idk how i feel about this. JC sucks. Id trade DJ for the 4th as long as we can keep the 9th. I. Dont see DM wanting to re-sign here unless we become a playoff team this coming year. I dont want to re-sign DM for a large contract if he cant sink 3s with ease. I think we’ll run it back with our young core one more year. If we still cant make the playoffs i can see us trying to trade DM to continue the rebuild. Hes entering his prime at 26 this september and by the start of the following season he’ll be 27. He’s going to want to win now and i cant blame him. If we’re still trying to develop all of our 21 year olds it makes sense to get some picks for him.

The Spurs aren't trading Dejounte Murray for John Collins. Don't worry what some media dickweed is saying to drive clicks.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:44 PM
That’s why they said they wanted a Jrue type return. Four FRPs, and a couple of pick swap options. DJ’s going nowhere.

Exactly, unless dj wants out:stirpot:

exstatic
06-22-2022, 09:45 PM
Yeah, but it does seem like ATL is desperate to move Collins at this point. His value seems pretty low now especially with Portland off the table and Grant being had for so little. Also ATL owns a lotto protected CHA FRP pick next year for what it's worth.

Collins plus a lotto protected CHA FRP is still like 2 FRPs plus some pick swaps short of the return that SA wants

SAGirl
06-22-2022, 09:46 PM
It was interesting that Lowe was musing about DJ destinations on a recent pod. I believe he threw out there DeAngelo and 3 picks from Minni as a hypothetical. Makes me wonder if he hadn't picked up rumblings too.
That was true... but he was actually discussing that from the point of view of Minnesota. He had heard that the situation in Minnesota is over with DAngelo and that they really want to move on from him.

He was the one speculating about Murray as a trade that looks interest for Minny. No concern for the Spurs POV there.

Still this already started. There is no stopping it now until Murray signs an extension and commits to the team like Lillard did. Rumors of Lillard always surfaced, it didn't mean he was going anywhere, but Spurs have to pick a direction here.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 09:46 PM
Weve areasy heard what spurs want for poodle power. Itll take a first born to give up Dejounte

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 09:50 PM

TimmehC
06-22-2022, 09:52 PM
Just throwing out that Gallinari is also a Michael Tellem client. That call he was making to Wright this morning may have been related to this trade discussion with ATL, which is probably dead now that it's been reported.

Degoat
06-22-2022, 09:52 PM

That was my initial thought as well, Kinda think the hawks are growing shit at the wall because they’re missing out on everyone could be wrong tho

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 09:53 PM
Lol, yeah, the Spurs are trading away Dejounte Murray right after he makes the All-Star team for a mediocre overpaid power forward who doesn't play defense and kind of sucks.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 09:55 PM
That was my initial thought as well, Kinda think the hawks are growing shit at the wall because they’re missing out on everyone could be wrong tho

Jake Fischer: "Hey, my Atlanta front office dude, what's the haps?"

Atlanta dude: "We were talking to SAS about swapping the old JC for Dejounte Murray. Can you believe it?"

Jake Fischer: "HOLY SHIT! YOU'RE KIDDING! What did they say?"

Atlanta dude: "Told us to go fuck ourselves."

Jake Fischer: "Hold on, I'm Tweeting out the discussion happened."

rankingtear
06-22-2022, 09:56 PM
Jake Fischer has no credibility I thought we figured that out when he tried to leak an impossible trade. That was the whole point of the stupid back-and-forth that Teeds and I had. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Hawks did want Murray -- he's a great fit for them. If the Spurs want two picks for Poeltl, they probably do want an all-in deal for Murray. To get that value, the Hawks might well want to liquidate Collins. That is a logical sequence of events. But that's also fan drivel, as is S&Ting Ayton for a 2022 pick. Fischer reports shit like this because he doesn't have sources. Have you read his book?

Chinook
06-22-2022, 09:57 PM

Now this is a dude with some sources. I actually suggested a similar trade on RGM as you were posting this.

Chinook
Have you read his book?

I haven't. Is it good?

slick'81
Jake Fischer: "Hey, my Atlanta front office dude, what's the haps?"

Atlanta dude: "We were talking to SAS about swapping the old JC for Dejounte Murray. Can you believe it?"

Jake Fischer: "HOLY SHIT! YOU'RE KIDDING! What did they say?"

Atlanta dude: "Told us to go fuck ourselves."

Jake Fischer: "Hold on, I'm Tweeting out the discussion happened."

:lol

exstatic
06-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Now this is a dude with some sources. I actually suggested a similar trade on RGM as you were posting this.

Look at the Twitter handle. It’s dpg21920. He linked his own tweet.

mystargtr34
06-22-2022, 10:00 PM
Just saw NBA central on Twitter saying the Spurs are taking calls on Dejounte Murray and it would take a Jrue Holiday like offer.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 10:01 PM
Of course spurs are listening to offers . Never know when a team screws up

rankingtear
06-22-2022, 10:02 PM
I haven't. Is it good?
Yeah for a guy with no sources it is very detailed.

Chinook
06-22-2022, 10:07 PM

I know. Back in the day, he used to be the guy who'd tweet ST questions to experts like Larry Coon and Mark Deeks.

Chinook
06-22-2022, 10:08 PM
Yeah for a guy with no sources it is very detailed.

... You do realize that interviewing a person and having them leak information to you are different things, right?

EDIT: I found Fischer's book on Audible and used one of my precious credits on it. Folks are saying it's a very good book with a horrible narrator, but hopefully I can get through it. The preview didn't seem like someone who had sources, though, as much as someone who's speculating and making educated guesses based on the past. Maybe he does give real insight later on, but it feels like it's going to be a guy "telling a story" based on info we've been debating about for years in forums. A review said it was well-researched, and I agree there. That's not the same thing as having sources. I'll let you know how it is if you haven't read it.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 10:15 PM

My man…I can see SA having to add pick 20 or 25 and take back Barnes or something but the general framework of what I would expect if SA were to do this.

Get pick 4 (Ivey) still have 9 and 20 and a few extra future firsts. I can see it if DJ wants out and/or they dont see a path to moving team forward.

offset formation

Hell to the nah.

SAGirl
Just throwing out that Gallinari is also a Michael Tellem client. That call he was making to Wright this morning may have been related to this trade discussion with ATL, which is probably dead now that it's been reported.
You Sneaky TimmehC you!!!!
I remember seeing that and yet I didn't put it together.

I think I am in denial and disbelief at this point... but this monster already started. Rumors will continue surfacing.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 10:16 PM

Lol he knows that…hes saying I have a good framework

itzsoweezee
06-22-2022, 10:16 PM

Pick 4 and two future firsts from Atl is still a shit trade. Wtf is going on?

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 10:18 PM
Pick 4 and two future firsts from Atl is still a shit trade. Wtf is going on?

My friend, I am not saying SA should be actively doing this, but from a value perspective that is an absolute haul if we are being real.

ace3g
06-22-2022, 10:18 PM
https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1539799004313276424

slick'81
06-22-2022, 10:20 PM

so theres a chance :lol

itzsoweezee
06-22-2022, 10:21 PM
My friend, I am not saying SA should be actively doing this, but from a value perspective that is an absolute haul if we are being real.

Murray is an all star on a ridiculously cheap contact for (I think) two more years. The 4 pick in a mediocre draft and two late first round picks is not good enough. Not even close.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 10:21 PM

Atlanta FO: Please help us gin up interest in John Collins, please, sir. Say something about an up-and-coming All-Star point guard.

The rest of the NBA, meanwhile: Jerami Grant is only worth a late first round pick several years from now.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 10:23 PM

Yea,well,you know,thats just,like,your opinion,man

mo7888
06-22-2022, 10:23 PM
Lol he knows that…hes saying I have a good framework

To me, if we do your trade (and yes I'd do DJ for 4 + 2 future 1sts) then it tells me that the FO is pretty high on Primo regardless of what some here think. I'd assume we'd expedite moving Poeltl too(Cha 13). I'm not sure if we keep KJ or move him somewhere at that point but I'd guess we'd keep him.

Primo, Tre, TyTy Washington
Ivey, Vassell
KJ, McDermott, Porcida
Dieng, Lindell, KBD
Duren, Zollins, Landale

I'm just spitballing...it'd be alot to try and guess out...

offset formation
06-22-2022, 10:24 PM
Theyd hve to be for spurs to make that deal. Okc looking to fleece somebody

okc likely doing okc things.

PhantomDashCam
06-22-2022, 10:26 PM

T Park
06-22-2022, 10:28 PM
If you can turn Dejounte into three picks with 2 swaps, Ivey, and whoever you draft BPA at 9? Ill drive Dejounte to the damn airport my own damn self.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 10:29 PM
If you can turn Dejounte into three picks with 2 swaps, Ivey, and whoever you draft BPA at 9? Ill drive Dejounte to the damn airport my own damn self.

three unprotected and ivey+9 ? Seeya dj

Dverde
06-22-2022, 10:34 PM
The fact he is tweeting and not being passive aggressive means no truth in this.

offset formation
06-22-2022, 10:35 PM

Thought you said you trusted PATFO on some post above?

Also were you not one of the folks chastising some on this board for not giving Primo his chance to show out given he's only 19? Also, while he *may be* a stretch at 9, what's your issue / comparison with Dieng and Primo?

Just trying to see consistency in your argument.

itzsoweezee
06-22-2022, 10:35 PM

Ivey sucks

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 10:36 PM
The fact he is tweeting and not being passive aggressive means no truth in this.

Or he realizes that if the Spurs are dumb enough to do this, that he’s better off not being here.

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 10:36 PM
three unprotected and ivey+9 ? Seeya dj

ATL ain’t doing that.

itzsoweezee
06-22-2022, 10:38 PM
Can you imagine trading away Murray for John Collins while a player better than Collins, Jerami Grant, was given away for basically nothing?

slick'81
06-22-2022, 10:38 PM
ATL ain’t doing that.

Nobody expects them to:lol we arent trading prime kobe

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 10:39 PM
Thought you said you trusted PATFO on some post above?

Also were you not one of the folks chastising some on this board for not giving Primo his chance to show out given he's only 19? Also, while he *may be* a stretch at 9, what's your issue / comparison with Dieng and Primo?

Just trying to see consistency in your argument.

Trust can be broken like a spouse that cheats on you. I trust them in player evaluation overall - especially if they are moving up for their guy. But the Primo pick is very questionable. So no, that was not me. He deserves his chance and I said all that matters is that hes good (not that it was a bad value pick) but I hated the pick when it was made due to value. Fine with Primo, not where he was taken though.

Fine with Dieng. Not at 9.

Mnky
06-22-2022, 10:40 PM

He wants to compete for a championship and He has a history loving on ATL because of the street game that mirrors Seattle Street game. I guarantee Murray would be excited to go there with a star in Trae, much more national exposure for his brand and compete for a championship.

Getting collins, and several picks and possibly flipping collins as well for moving up or other future picks would be a good deal for the spurs.

This rumor has plenty of legs on it.

Especially if the spurs plan on tanking for the generational talent waiting at the top of the draft next year. With a bunch of assets, and a bad record from playing young, they'd have a great shot at Wembanyana.

Trade makes sense for both sides and Murray. Collins doesn't really have a say in the matter.

scott
06-22-2022, 10:41 PM

I think NO only got two FRPs (not 4), two pick swaps, Stephen Adams and Eric Bledsoe.

offset formation
06-22-2022, 10:43 PM

I think Collins is empty calories but maybe that's just because of where he is and how he plays but I certainly wouldn't go overboard in any offer.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 10:44 PM
He wants to compete for a championship and He has a history loving on ATL because of the street game that mirrors Seattle Street game. I guarantee Murray would be excited to go there with a star in Trae, much more national exposure for his brand and compete for a championship.

Getting collins, and several picks and possibly flipping collins as well for moving up or other future picks would be a good deal for the spurs.

This rumor has plenty of legs on it.

Especially if the spurs plan on tanking for the generational talent waiting at the top of the draft next year. With a bunch of assets, and a bad record from playing young, they'd have a great shot at Wembanyana.

Trade makes sense for both sides and Murray. Collins doesn't really have a say in the matter.

So the Spurs do this because Dejounte likes street ball and it makes the team so bad they might maybe get a twenty-four percent chance to draft a really tall skinny French guy?

rankingtear
06-22-2022, 10:45 PM
... You do realize that interviewing a person and having them leak information to you are different things, right?

EDIT: I found Fischer's book on Audible and used one of my precious credits on it. Folks are saying it's a very good book with a horrible narrator, but hopefully I can get through it. The preview didn't seem like someone who had sources, though, as much as someone who's speculating and making educated guesses based on the past. Maybe he does give real insight later on, but it feels like it's going to be a guy "telling a story" based on info we've been debating about for years in forums. A review said it was well-researched, and I agree there. That's not the same thing as having sources. I'll let you know how it is if you haven't read it.

Don't bother the Hawk beat writer already confirmed it.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 10:49 PM
If Spurs were going to trade Keldon+9 to Kings for 4, why would they trade Dejounte to Hawks for that type of package when they could just trade Dejounte for 4?

Joseph Kony
06-22-2022, 10:49 PM
Can you imagine trading away Murray for John Collins while a player better than Collins, Jerami Grant, was given away for basically nothing?

Grant is not better than Collins. There's a reason he was given away dude :lol

exstatic
06-22-2022, 10:50 PM
I think NO only got two FRPs (not 4), two pick swaps, Stephen Adams and Eric Bledsoe.

This is a clipping from Jrue’s bbref page transaction section. The trade was massive, and the pick swaps were further down the page. It mentions further down that the picks didn’t all originate in MIL.

the Milwaukee Bucks traded Eric Bledsoe, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick, a 2026 1st round draft pick and a 2027 1st round draft pick to the New Orleans Pelicans;

SPURt
06-22-2022, 10:50 PM
It’s like Alvin Robertson for Terry Cummings all over again

goliath
06-22-2022, 10:51 PM
I think Collins is more salary filler than anything. It’s the picks the spurs would be trading for. 3 1st rounders and a couple swaps? Maybe along with keldon+9 for Ivey?

offset formation
06-22-2022, 10:55 PM
Yeah I'm pretty confident Jake Fischer pulled that right out of his rectum.

Makes next to no sense, right. If you move Murray, it's not for a high usage PF that leaves you with no frontcourt scoring threat. Strange shit.

mystargtr34
06-22-2022, 10:58 PM
Lol at that John Collins and Dejounte rumour. To me, Collins is actually a negative asset because of his contract. He is an empty stats guy on most teams and not a needle mover for a team like the Spurs, and frankly most teams in the league. The only way he moves the needle in the positive direction is if that team is a piece away from contending and has defense at the 5 and wings to make up for Collins poor defense i.e. if scoring at the 4 spot is the missing piece.

If the Spurs make this trade centred around Collins for Dejounte, the Hawks will be sending back 3 future 1sts and multiple pick swaps and maybe Huerter as well.

Shohoku High
06-22-2022, 10:59 PM
Holiday was 30 and was on his final year of contract when he was traded.
Dejounte is 25 and has one of the most team friendly contracts in the league. 16M, 17M next two years.
We should be getting more than the Holiday deal.

TD 21
06-22-2022, 10:59 PM
Haven't scrolled through, so maybe this has been mentioned, but the only way this makes sense (and it would dovetail with timvp saying Ivey is the true target) is if it's a 3 way where the principles are Murray and Barnes to the Hawks, Collins and 9 to the Kings, Okongwu, 4 and 16 to the Spurs.

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 11:00 PM
I already dislike John Collins. If we were to ever trade Dejounte for him, I’d fucking despise him.

Good thing it’s not happening though.

Degoat
06-22-2022, 11:02 PM
I think this is complete BS But…… DJs value is at an all time high, could be some problems behind the scenes we don’t know about. The Instagram post about Udoka and the person who didn’t believe in him, and the playin game. Him getting into foul trouble early and if he acted poorly in the Lockeroom could have made the spurs start second guessing his long term fit with the team. None the less I can’t see us trading him now.

TeKu
06-22-2022, 11:02 PM
You must not visit other team's sites because this site is the only one who doesn't want Sharpe that I've seen.

Not the only site. Many are down on him. DeanonDraft's take is a doozy (https://deanondraft.com/2022/06/18/what-does-the-shaedon-sharpe-mystery-box-contain/

From towards the end of his analysis... "even in late round 1 or early round 2 I would rather take a high IQ non-athlete like Trevor Keels over a dunce like Sharpe."

T Park
06-22-2022, 11:03 PM

No I don’t, cause I couldn’t give a flying crap about other teams. Sharpe is a million dollar talent and a ten cent head.

mystargtr34
06-22-2022, 11:03 PM
Haven't scrolled through, so maybe this has been mentioned, but the only way this makes sense (and it would dovetail with timvp saying Ivey is the true target) is if it's a 3 way where the principles are Murray, Barnes to the Hawks, Collins and 9 to the Kings, Okongwu, 4 and 16 to the Spurs.

Yeah that seems more likely than just a 2-team deal between the Hawks and Spurs otherwise the Hawks would be sending the Spurs multiple 1sts and pick swaps can't see the Spurs going into that sort of full rebuild mode.

tim_duncan_fan
06-22-2022, 11:04 PM
On Sharpe, I haven't watched a ton, but he didn't look supremely quick off the bounce.

OJ Mayo vibez.

T Park
06-22-2022, 11:04 PM
Hawks beat writer has backed this up FWIW

Mnky
06-22-2022, 11:05 PM
So the Spurs do this because Dejounte likes street ball and it makes the team so bad they might maybe get a twenty-four percent chance to draft a really tall skinny French guy?

The spurs do it because of all the other information you left out, like the actual trade.

slick'81
06-22-2022, 11:06 PM

its all over the place now. Theyve definitely discussed/discussing something

T Park
06-22-2022, 11:07 PM
its all over the place now. Theyve definitely discussed/discussing something

Yeah I think it’s being discussed. Too much smoke.

offset formation
06-22-2022, 11:11 PM
Trust can be broken like a spouse that cheats on you. I trust them in player evaluation overall - especially if they are moving up for their guy. But the Primo pick is very questionable. So no, that was not me. He deserves his chance and I said all that matters is that hes good (not that it was a bad value pick) but I hated the pick when it was made due to value. Fine with Primo, not where he was taken though.

Fine with Dieng. Not at 9.

You're right, it was Chinook. My bad.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 11:13 PM
Yeah I think it’s being discussed. Too much smoke.

Nah. Repeating the same crap rumor from the Alex Jones of basketball rumors isn't real.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 11:14 PM
You're right, it was Chinook. My bad.

No worries!

BatManu20
06-22-2022, 11:15 PM

I’m sure there’s been discussions. There’s a thousand discussions taking place right now between teams leading up to the draft, same as every year.

But just like with any other trade discussions involving the Spurs, PATFO are likely asking for a King’s ransom in return. If they don’t get what they’re asking for, they hang up the phone. That simple.

offset formation
06-22-2022, 11:15 PM
Not the only site. Many are down on him. DeanonDraft's take is a doozy (https://deanondraft.com/2022/06/18/what-does-the-shaedon-sharpe-mystery-box-contain/

From towards the end of his analysis... "even in late round 1 or early round 2 I would rather take a high IQ non-athlete like Trevor Keels over a dunce like Sharpe."

Ooooooooouuuccccchhhhhh

T Park
06-22-2022, 11:24 PM
I’m sure there’s been discussions. There’s a thousand discussions taking place right now between teams leading up to the draft, same as every year.

But just like with any other trade discussions involving the Spurs, PATFO are likely asking for a King’s ransom in return. If they don’t get what they’re asking for, they hang up the phone. That simple.

In regards to Dejounte that’s the way they need to approach it

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 11:25 PM
timvp get your a** in here!

mystargtr34
Bit of talk about the Murray-Collins trade from bleacher report, amongst other potential movements around the league.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039635-latest-nba-offseason-rumors-san-antonio-spurs-discussing-dejounte-murray-trades

T Park
timvp get your a** in here!

Lol.

rankingtear
06-22-2022, 11:34 PM
Guessing DJ gets move for a three teamer involving Ivey. Tank for that french kid.

Mnky
06-22-2022, 11:36 PM
Haven't scrolled through, so maybe this has been mentioned, but the only way this makes sense (and it would dovetail with timvp saying Ivey is the true target) is if it's a 3 way where the principles are Murray and Barnes to the Hawks, Collins and 9 to the Kings, Okongwu, 4 and 16 to the Spurs.

Collins getting flipped in some way is the only way I see it playing out too.

I can see the spurs keeping 9, if they let Murray go. Spurs only make the trade for an offer they can't refuse. I see them getting out like bandits if they trade Murray.

buttsR4rebounding
06-22-2022, 11:48 PM
If they trade Murray Poeltl can’t be far behind.

DPG21920
06-22-2022, 11:49 PM
timvp DO NOT RESPOND if the rumors of SA trading Dejounte have real truth to them

T Park
06-22-2022, 11:55 PM
timvp DO NOT RESPOND if the rumors of SA trading Dejounte have real truth to them

Unless its for a Jrue like return

John B
06-23-2022, 12:13 AM
Eyes Emoji!!!!!

So it begins.

The rumors with Dejounte have started. It will take a while to hit on the right trade, and the Spurs have leverage at this point. Just like many players of his caliber around the league tend to be in rumors for a while until something significant materializes. DJ has given direct signs that he's growing frustrated with the losing.

All I hope is that the Spurs don't wait until the last possible moment for a trade and he's really disgruntled to move on something. At that point, and once his FA approaches, they have less options.

I doubt they act on this though. If they make a move on a Collins deal it would be for him to play with Dejounte and not to give him away.

If DJ is expressing that frustration, then maybe the PATFO is catering to his request.

Personally I think DJ has reached his ceiling. He is a borderline All-Star. I don’t see him attacking the rim and getting to the FT in a consistent basis. He avoids contacts and settles on elbow shots. I would try to cash on him while his stock is high, having almost averaged triple-double last year, lead the league in steals. I like his fight. But he talks too much. And suspect to be padding stats, just imo. He tends to gamble on steals, and sometimes he gets burn with his guy blowing him by.

Getting Collins, and trading picks to get to Ivey would be great pairing. Or I could settle for Davis and Collins. I seriously think Davis has a higher upsides than DJ, and a better leader, again just imo.

If there’s smoke, there’s fire.

BatManu20
06-23-2022, 12:17 AM
Dejounte to Atlanta confirmed.

offset formation
06-23-2022, 12:20 AM

Wondering if this is coming from a satirical or butt-hurt place?

slick'81
06-23-2022, 12:21 AM

:lobt2:

DPG21920
Wondering if this is coming from a satirical or butt-hurt place?

It’s coming from 2013 lol

bluebellmaniac
Wow, Wright is taking no prisoners.

bluebellmaniac
06-23-2022, 12:22 AM

I missed that crucial clue.

NASpurs
06-23-2022, 12:23 AM
Holy shit :lol

Dammit, got me :lol

offset formation
06-23-2022, 12:24 AM

Lol. Got duped. Damn you, BatManu20

But while we're at it, but, ok you son of a bitch, I'm in.

John B
06-23-2022, 12:27 AM

:lmao

T Park
06-23-2022, 12:27 AM
If DJ is expressing that frustration, then maybe the PATFO is catering to his request.

Personally I think DJ has reached his ceiling. He is a borderline All-Star. I don’t see him attacking the rim and getting to the FT in a consistent basis. He avoids contacts and settles on elbow shots. I would try to cash on him while his stock is high, having almost averaged triple-double last year, lead the league in steals. I like his fight. But he talks too much. And suspect to be padding stats, just imo. He tends to gamble on steals, and sometimes he gets burn with his guy blowing him by.

Getting Collins, and trading picks to get to Ivey would be great pairing. Or I could settle for Davis and Collins. I seriously think Davis has a higher upsides than DJ, and a better leader, again just imo.

If there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Cant argue with this. I think this is the reality after that game with New Orleans ended. Granted he was injured, but i think if Murray comes out, has a good game, spurs win that and move on, the attitude in the front office is different. I think that game changed RC and BW’s views on the team.

slick'81
06-23-2022, 12:38 AM
Spurs trying to fleece atl

timvp
06-23-2022, 01:12 AM

:cell

T Park
06-23-2022, 01:12 AM
Trolling sob lol

mystargtr34
06-23-2022, 01:19 AM
Trading DeJounte now is trading him at his all time peak value, and most likely the highest trade value he will ever have tbh. 2 years left on a great team friendly contract, just came off an all-star season.

Nailing this move could set the Spurs up well.

I wonder if the Spurs can keep their 9th pick and get the Kings 4th.

Atlanta: DeJounte, Harrison Barnes
Sacramento: Collins, Okongwu, pick 16 (Atl), pick 25 (SA), future 1sts (Atl)
Spurs: Pick 4, Len (filler)

Works on the trade machine. Spurs could throw in pick 20 instead of 25 to the Kings to sweeten the deal. Or the Hawks could add a young player to the Kings like Huerter. Although not sure how that works given the extension he just signed.

Spurs get pick 4 and keep pick 9. So essentially give up DeJounte and 25 for pick 4. Potential to take Ivey at 4 and Sochan or Eason at 9.

Atlanta gets the best player in DeJounte.

Kings get Collins, Okongwu, multiple 1sts.

Huerter is kind of expendable for the Hawks if they are getting Barnes and Murray. With Barnes and Hunter at the 3-4 spots and Trae, Murray and Bogdanovic in the backcourt.

KingKev
06-23-2022, 01:22 AM
DJ is not going anywhere.

mystargtr34
06-23-2022, 01:23 AM
Spurs could also use pick 4 above to move up to 1-3 by adding other assets (draft capital) and get one of the three big men.

BatManu20
06-23-2022, 01:29 AM
Lol. Got duped. Damn you, BatManu20 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33095)

Trolling sob lol

:lol :stirpot:

objective
06-23-2022, 04:05 AM
Something that bothers me about Dieng:

I have a theory.

Domestic French players who leave for another country's pro league (not talking NBA) before their draft have been sniffed out as lesser prospects by their local scene.

Before Dieng and Besson, the 2 players that come to mind are Luwawu-Cabarot and Killian Hayes.

With each guy, when I saw that they were in some other leagues and not France, it caught my attention in a bad way. There's plenty of good ball in France, and all the best domestic French were playing in France until draft age. It would be one thing if a French player is signed by a Spanish league team for big money, but we're talking about the Serbia/ABA, Germany and Australia. Hell, now that I think of it, Joffrey played in Serbia before he was drafted.

The real French talent is kept in France until either the NBA or they've moved on to Spain like De Cool did. Parker, Diaw, Batum, Fournier, Gobert, and now Victor Wembanyama.

It these guys were stars in the making then local French orgs would have done what it took to keep them

duncan2150
06-23-2022, 04:09 AM
Something that bothers me about Dieng:

I have a theory.

Domestic French players who leave for another country's pro league (not talking NBA) before their draft have been sniffed out as lesser prospects by their local scene.

Before Dieng and Besson, the 2 players that come to mind are Luwawu-Cabarot and Killian Hayes.

With each guy, when I saw that they were in some other leagues and not France, it caught my attention in a bad way. There's plenty of good ball in France, and all the best domestic French were playing in France until draft age. It would be one thing if a French player is signed by a Spanish league team for big money, but we're talking about the Serbia/ABA, Germany and Australia. Hell, now that I think of it, Joffrey played in Serbia before he was drafted.

The real French talent is kept in France until either the NBA or they've moved on to Spain like De Cool did. Parker, Diaw, Batum, Fournier, Gobert, and now Victor Wembanyama.

It these guys were stars in the making then local French orgs would have done what it took to keep them

Dieng had offers from France Pro A, one by the Paris basketball team ( according to the coach himself) but he choosed to go to Australia. It could be for money, it could be for showcasing himself.

But he had offers in France.

99 Problems
06-23-2022, 04:13 AM
2013 :lol

objective
06-23-2022, 04:20 AM
Dieng had offers from France Pro A, one by the Paris basketball team ( according to the coach himself) but he choosed to go to Australia. It could be for money, it could be for showcasing himself.

But he had offers in France.

But were they big enough that he couldn't turn them down? He might have had offers, but maybe they didn't try too hard to keep him.

But, it's just a theory.

I mean the Next Stars program only pays like $70k usd if I remember right. I think it was only equivalent to the 50k when it started with the exchange rates then