PDA

View Full Version : Duff sent me the money!!!

Jimcs50
12-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Got a check in the mail yesterday from Duff. I knew he would step up to the plate. He had told me about some family financial problems a while back and that was why he was late in paying me the money.

Now, you guys can all leave Duff alone and actually give him some props for sending me the money, when he really did not have to ( I was not going to take him to court or anything)

Way to go Duff!!!

:smokin

ALVAREZ6
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
About time......

SpursWoman
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
:)

RashoFan
12-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Better late than never. WTG Duff!
:tu

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2005, 02:48 PM
He still bought a guitar and shit like that months ago though

RashoFan
12-10-2005, 02:52 PM
what has past is in the past...Duff has PAID IN FULL....it is done!!!

PM5K
12-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Scan of the check?

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Damn..some people just can't take yes for an answer.

KEDA
12-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Congrats DUFF!!!!

Useruser666
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Did you take the check to deposit it yet? I wouldn't count your chickens yet Jim! :)

T Park
12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
does the check say Spaulding on the back?

Props for what? Paying back a debt that shouldve been paid back long time ago, and the only reason he paid it back now, is so everyone will get off his ass.

Fuck that.

MannyIsGod
12-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Damn..some people just can't take yes for an answer.
You don't get to pat your own back after everything you did prior to paying Jim and it nearly taking you a year and a half. You're not going to please the people in here (not that you care) by doing the right thing when you spent so much time doing the wrong thing.

It is good that he got paid, but I honestly hope you didn't leave a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to helping people out. You're still a dipshit, but at least your a a dipshit who came through late. And better late than never.

2centsworth
12-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Can't disagree with you guys more. Duff restored his honor. Everyone makes mistakes in life and this guy did what he had to do to make things right.

WTG Duff. Life goes on and you did the right thing!

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Paying back a debt that shouldve been paid back long time ago, and the only reason he paid it back now, is so everyone will get off his ass.

Fuck that.

I didn't pay Jim so everyone could get off my ass, I don't give a fuck what anyone on here thinks. I didn't tell anyone that I did because it's none of your business or anyone elses like I've said time before.

Jim told everyone because he wanted everyone to get off my back, if it was up to me, I wouldn't have told anyone. I'd have let you guys think whatever the hell you want to think because no matter what anyone says to the contrary, you'll think it anyway.

hussker
12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
WTG Duff, good on ya!

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
It is good that he got paid, but I honestly hope you didn't leave a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to helping people out.

I would have never left a bad taste in his mouth because contrary to what anyone here says or thinks, Jim has known since day one I was gonna give him the money back. Period.

exstatic
12-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Shit. What's everyone in the forum going to rag on now?

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Well we can always wait until T Park comes back with his annual "I spend over $10,000 dollars on the Spurs so I'm a bigger fan than anyone" or him bailing on the team again.

2centsworth
12-10-2005, 03:41 PM
I would have never left a bad taste in his mouth because contrary to what anyone here says or thinks, Jim has known since day one I was gonna give him the money back. Period.
No, Jim gave it up as a loss and offered to compromise with you with a small donation to charity. Doesn't matter because the money was never the issue.

You did right finally paying off your debt. Next time you'll have an opportunity to be perfect in your committment. Live and learn. You don't know me but I'm proud of you.

Trainwreck2100
12-10-2005, 03:42 PM

TParks one year thing???

MannyIsGod
12-10-2005, 03:48 PM
2cents is an honorable man. Just do not sit to his right at a poker table.

Silent Bob
12-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Way to go Duff!!! :smokin

:blah

does the check say Spaulding on the back?

Props for what? Paying back a debt that shouldve been paid back long time ago, and the only reason he paid it back now, is so everyone will get off his ass.

Fuck that.

You don't get to pat your own back after everything you did prior to paying Jim and it nearly taking you a year and a half. You're not going to please the people in here (not that you care) by doing the right thing when you spent so much time doing the wrong thing.

It is good that he got paid, but I honestly hope you didn't leave a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to helping people out. You're still a dipshit, but at least your a a dipshit who came through late. And better late than never.

Can't disagree with you guys more. Duff restored his honor. Everyone makes mistakes in life and this guy did what he had to do to make things right.

WTG Duff. Life goes on and you did the right thing!

:lol

2centsworth
12-10-2005, 04:16 PM
2cents is an honorable man. Just do not sit to his right at a poker table.
lol you sandbagger.

ThugJohnson
12-10-2005, 04:25 PM
teabagger too. :lol

Brodels
12-10-2005, 04:33 PM
:bling I don't know if I believe it. If so, I guess Duff did the right thing, even if it's way too late to salvage his image around here.

Richard Pryor
12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
it's way too late to salvage his image around here.

It was NEVER about that. Insecure assholes are gonna spew hate no matter the circumstances. Watch. They'll be EASY to spot now. :tu

Horry For 3!
12-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I guess it is better late than never, should of got done a long time ago but anyways good job for finally paying Jim back :tu

1Parker1
12-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Good, now Jim can loan me $50k for the BMW 5 series I want.....:spin

samikeyp
12-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I am glad you got your money back Jimbo. Props for you BTW for stepping up in the first place with the loan.

The sone
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM
better late than never... :elephant

hey jim...uhhh...i, uhh...need...uhhhh...advice. yeah thats it advice.
should i get a brazilian? and if so can you loan me the cash?

JoeChalupa
12-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Fin.

Billy Cobham
12-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Props to Duff! I wouldn't have paid him back.

midgetonadonkey
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Props to Duff! I wouldn't have paid him back.

I wouldn't have paid him either. I would've bought some suede socks.

Brodels
12-10-2005, 06:55 PM
It was NEVER about that. Insecure assholes are gonna spew hate no matter the circumstances. Watch. They'll be EASY to spot now. :tu

Well, I think it was about different things to different people. And if you're talking specifically about Duff or Jim, unless you are one of them, it's hard for me to believe that you know for certain what it was about to them.

And I'm pretty secure, actually.

I was simply trying to say that Duff is going to carry that with him. He's never going to live it down around here. And I believe that to be true. I can't really control what others are going to think about this, I'm simply stating what I think people are going to take with them from this situation. Do you disagree with my assessment?

Props to Duff for paying him back. Hopefully Duff has learned a valuable lesson and will become a better, stronger person because of it. I have no issue with Duff, and I wish him the best.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Got a check in the mail yesterday from Duff.

Great! Can I borrow $800?

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Hopefully Duff has learned a valuable lesson and will become a better, stronger person because of it.

Yeah I did, that there are people on this forum who are shit. Just plain shit. They judge people before they even know anything.

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 07:52 PM
And if you're talking specifically about Duff or Jim, unless you are one of them, it's hard for me to believe that you know for certain what it was about to them.

Yet people easily spewed out judgement and even you say that you knew nothing about the situation.

Brodels
12-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah I did, that there are people on this forum who are shit. Just plain shit. They judge people before they even know anything.

Well, I think there were some specific facts that were established based on what Jim and yourself shared. I think a lot of people were judging based on the information they had. And although you can certainly argue that people should have obtained more information, I think it's entirely inaccurate to claim that they didn't know anything.

Brodels
12-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Yet people easily spewed out judgement and even you say that you knew nothing about the situation.

I only know what you and Jim have shared on the forum. I never said you were a bad person or anything. I just stated that you've established a legacy that you will never be able to shake around here. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, just that it's going to end up going down that way.

exstatic
12-10-2005, 08:10 PM

Dude, don't play the martyr card. It ain't gonna work. You borrowed the cash on a short term basis because your tuition was due, and you hadn't gotten a check yet. It's fucking eighteen months later. You bought a guitar in the interim. Jimbo was ready to write this off with a charitable donation. I think the only reason you DID pay him back was the shit you took here.

Duff McCartney
12-10-2005, 08:43 PM
I think the only reason you DID pay him back was the shit you took here.

I don't give a crap what anyone on the board says. That's why I didn't care if Jim told anyone I paid him back or not. You guys would have thought the same thing no matter what and nothing would have changed your mind about it.

That's how you guys are. If I would have come back a day after and said it was all a big hoax, with proof, everyone here still would have told me shit about paying him back.

ZStomp
12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Life goes on...nothing to see here anymore- move on.

:D

PM5K
12-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I mention a scan because it wouldnt shock me at all to learn that Jim told Duff he'd tell everyone he got paid and for Duff to go along with it.

I wouldn't be totally shocked it Duff actually paid him off either but I'll save the patting him on the back for another day...

tw05baller
12-10-2005, 09:47 PM
finally

MannyIsGod
12-11-2005, 01:32 AM
I love how the people on the forum become shit in Duff's eyes after he is the one that did shitty things.

Kori Ellis
12-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Duff told me a few weeks back that he (finally) made payment arrangements with Jim and now it appears he has lived up to them.

I still think it sucks that he waited so long to make arrangements with Jim and basically ignored him for such a long while, but this subject is over now.

Lessons learned by everyone ...

If you use a public forum to beg for money, then you accept all the public grief that comes along with it when you don't live up to your obligations.

All anyone (especially Jim) wanted was for Duff to at least make arrangements to pay .. even if it was a dollar a week.

End of story.

Thanks.