PDA

View Full Version : What we expect, what we respect.

Brutalis
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Do you as a fan of San Antonio have a new respect for the Kings? Or maybe you respected them already?

I'll be honest, I played them off. Predicted a 4-1 rout... and never expected them to step up and us play unlike ourselves in some games.

and...

Say we close out the Kings in Game 6, or Game 7 if it comes to that. What are your thoughts on Dallas in the 2nd round? I'm extremely hungover right now and can't remember exactly, but in the past the Spurs had too much rest and came out real sluggish.

Are the Spurs in the Mavs heads mentally? Or has Avery and the newer Mavs squad have nothing to do with that? Do you think they will be too rested or do you think the Spurs will be tired after the Kings series if we make it out?

At this point it's hard for me to understand what is going on it Pop's head. The lineups he has on the floor.... Artest just owning Finley over and over.. I really don't get it. As physical as we had to play to beat the Pistons last year you'd think we would be rolling with the punches a lot better now.

I think us as fans have a higher level of what we expect from our team. I don't know the statistics but we have to be one of the most respected and winningest franchises in all of professional sports. So of course we expect more and more. But we as SA fans know the taste of defeat and many years of under-achieving as well.

Obviously anything short of a repeat is a failure, and probably a huge failure. I have a feeling regardless of what happens this off-season will be big for San Antonio. Nazi leaving or staying? Finley and NVE retiring or coming back to us? Horry could even call it quits if we repeat. Duncans health? Barry being traded? Beno earning consistant playing time next year? More questions than ever will be surrounding our franchise. And all good things really do come to an end at some point in time. Not to mention the status of Scola and Ian and them being in Spurs uniforms soon.

At this point I might be rambling my thoughts on a soap box but as I type I feel stronger and stronger in my already strong faith in this team and it's future. True champions always find a way to win. And I believe now as much as I did going into game 7 against the Pistons.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
jesus, you have a lot on your mind. Dont worry about the mavs, they will choke as always in crunch time. besides, your team uses like a 9 man rotation and has all year so I don't think it makes much of a difference if it goes 7 cause fatigue wont be a factor.

after we dispatch of raja "the bitch" bell and little stevie in 6 and then put the clipps back in their place as the bitches of la we will see you in the finals. just like old times, eh...

NoMoneyDown
05-03-2006, 01:06 PM
While the Spurs are winning the series, I honestly thought they'd have beaten the Kings 4-1 already (if it weren't for Manu's mental mistake, they may have). I think Sacto may take Game #6, but history is on the side of the Spurs. Either way, it will be a dogfight decided by <5 points, IMHO.

As far as Dallas is concerned, IF we make it out of this series (which I believe we will), I think it will be a somewhat similar series. I don't see it going under 6 games, either.

Brutalis
05-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the boards.

And Spurs fans always have a lot on their mind... buhleeeee dat..

And you can't assume in the playoffs. "The Mavs will choke." You just can't. It's a new season and anything can happen.

And this is not a thread about the Lakers. Or even if Dallas chokes, stay on topic or talk about how the Clips will own the Lakers in NBA Discussion part of the forums.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I don't know the statistics but we have to be one of the most respected and winningest franchises in all of professional sports.
You are the winningest franchise in professional sports since 1997.

But overall, not even close.

If you are interested, here is a breakdown of the top ten winningest cities:

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness_top_ten/21d_fitness_list.html

Sportman
05-03-2006, 01:11 PM
All i can say artest is a player to respect. I am not really sure if kings could have faced this series without artest. He is the player key of this series and not Wells. Adelman already knew that if they would want to beat spurs they needed to play defense and artest was the man to do that.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:12 PM
stay on topic or talk about how the Clips will own the Lakers in NBA Discussion part of the forums.
Classic and sly.

Brutalis
05-03-2006, 01:12 PM

Talking about combined franchise wins, not JUST titles..

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:14 PM
^^^^

Still, your team has only been around since what 1973?

NoMoneyDown
05-03-2006, 01:14 PM

But overall, not even close.[/url]

Kinda hard when you only have ONE professional sport in the city.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the boards.

And Spurs fans always have a lot on their mind... buhleeeee dat..

And you can't assume in the playoffs. "The Mavs will choke." You just can't. It's a new season and anything can happen.

And this is not a thread about the Lakers. Or even if Dallas chokes, stay on topic or talk about how the Clips will own the Lakers in NBA Discussion part of the forums.
The clips couldnt own the rec team from the ymca. they got lucky against a denver team full of quitters and bitches who fight with their coach. they will fall quickly.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Kinda hard when you only have ONE professional sport in the city.
hehe........didn't think of that.

Whatever, I told y'all that you were the winningest franchise since 97, what more do you want.

Brutalis
05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I guess a cookie.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
The clips couldnt own the rec team from the ymca. they got lucky against a denver team full of quitters and bitches who fight with their coach. they will fall quickly.
They must have gotten lucky the whole season than too right?

The Lakers will lose 4-1 if they face the Clippers. The Clippers, unlike the Suns, actually play defense and rebound. Kobe will go back to his one man show days and your team will fail.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
^^^^

Still, your team has only been around since what 1973?
This fool sounds like a cry baby who sits around all day and waits for his momma to change his diaper. let me guess... you wear cheap glasses and never get laid, right? :lol About 5'4" and 115 lbs? Weak ticket.

Brutalis
05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I tried to make a good topic for Spurs fans.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
They must have gotten lucky the whole season than too right?

The Lakers will lose 4-1 if they face the Clippers. The Clippers, unlike the Suns, actually play defense and rebound. Kobe will go back to his one man show days and your team will fail.

The clips are our bitches. they wont have one home game the entire series. everyone in la cheers for the lakers, not the clips.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Well, I tried to make a good topic for Spurs fans.
sorry i ruined your thread. i will leave. see ya in the wcf...

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:23 PM
The clips are our bitches. they wont have one home game the entire series. everyone in la cheers for the lakers, not the clips.
I live here in LA dipshit. I went to about 15 Clipps games this year, including the LA/LA game. You are in for a rude awakening. I really do hope you beat the Suns just so I can see you pull a disappearing act after your royal ass kicking.

leemajors
05-03-2006, 01:27 PM
nazr is so gone it's not even funny.

NoMoneyDown
05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
hehe........didn't think of that.

Whatever, I told y'all that you were the winningest franchise since 97, what more do you want.

No problem. For example, if you break it down by championships in relation to the # of teams, New York has '5', Boston almost '6', Montreal almost '13', etc. San Antonio with '2' is respectable in that regards - especially, since it isn't considered a large market city like the others.

The Great One
05-03-2006, 01:31 PM
No problem. For example, if you break it down by championships in relation to the # of teams, New York has '5', Boston almost '6', Montreal almost '13', etc. San Antonio with '2' is respectable in that regards - especially, since it isn't considered a large market city like the others.
damn, you are a sorry excuse for a spurs fan. i believe that is three.

NoMoneyDown
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
damn, you are a sorry excuse for a spurs fan. i believe that is three.

Ugh. Mind said 3 but fingers typed 2. 20 lashes with wet noodle. :lol

Darrin
05-03-2006, 01:46 PM

I don't like this list. It has the Lions down for no Championships, and while it is true that they have never played in a Super Bowl, the Lions as members of the NFL won Championships in 1952, 1953, and 1957. Hall-of-Fame quarterback Bobby Layne is perhaps the best-known face from the franchise. They also won a title in 1935. That's 4 NFL titles. The Lions futility began when William Clay Ford bought the franchise in 1964. Since that time, they have one division title and one playoff win.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:47 PM
New York's number is skewed because of the number of teams. The Yankees have 20 something titles I believe.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Do you as a fan of San Antonio have a new respect for the Kings? Or maybe you respected them already?

I have to admit I have a new respect for Bonzi Wells...I always disliked him in Portland because I recognized his talent/quickness/size and how much potential he had but he acted like an underachieving punkass bitch...he really seems to have gotten his head and game together...that or he is just doing a classic contract year surge...LOL

Spurs may have just given Bonzi the "Jerome James" bonus...give him the reputation as a "Spurs killer" so he can cash in this summer with a huge new contract and then dissapear....:lol

KingsFanWithoutName
05-03-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't like this list. It has the Lions down for no Championships, and while it is true that they have never played in a Super Bowl, the Lions as members of the NFL won Championships in 1952, 1953, and 1957. Hall-of-Fame quarterback Bobby Layne is perhaps the best-known face from the franchise. They also won a title in 1935. That's 4 NFL titles. The Lions futility began when William Clay Ford bought the franchise in 1964. Since that time, they have one division title and one playoff win.Make your own list then.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
On the original question of this thread: yes, I have developed some respect for the Kings. I think the general thought around here as the Spurs have struggled with them has been, "Why aren't we killing these guys?" And while I don't think the Spurs have played there best ball in this series, you got to give props to these guys. Adelman has done a good job of adapting his system to fit his pieces, Artest and Bonzi have managed to not explode into a disaster on the court for at least one series (which is a lot more than I thought they'd manage) and this Martin kid is showing signs of a great career ahead of him.

Honestly, I think the Spurs could take the Mavs down in five. I'm not saying book it, but I wouldn't count myself as shocked if it happened. I don't think there is a matchup in that series that really favors the Mavs. It's hard to really say the Mavs are for real just yet, as I can't consider the Grizz a very defining test of their playoff ability. They are a good team, but if they play a Spurs team that is hopefully gotten a good wakeup call from the Kings, the Spurs should dominate.

As far as the offseason goes-there's going to be big shake ups. Nazr is going to have a shot at some pretty big money this summer and I doubt he'll pass that up. NVE is retiring, Finley I thought had two years left on the contract. Even if Barry wins a finals MVP I think the Spurs desire to get some younger blood in here means he's gone if that Smith trade is on the table. I have to plead ignorance on what they'll do with their Euro prospects. Maybe Oberto gets a shot at consistent minutes.

Darrin
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I have to admit I have a new respect for Bonzi Wells...I always disliked him in Portland because I recognized his talent/quickness/size and how much potential he had but he acted like an underachieving punkass bitch...he really seems to have gotten his head and game together...that or he is just doing a classic contract year surge...LOL

He's always killed the Pistons whenever he's had the chance. I cannot believe this franchise traded him to Portland for a 2nd round pick so they could clear enough cap space to sign the trio of Jud Buechler, Loy Vaught, and Christian Laettner for the 1998-99 season. The thought was they needed cap space and had already re-signed Joe Dumars and Jerry Stackhouse.

But trading a lottery pick (11th overall in the 1998 draft) for a future second rounder? How didn't Rick Sund get fired on the spot? There were some rumors that he wanted to come play with Rasheed as the backup shooting guard behind Rip and Tayshaun before he was traded to the Kings. If I'm not mistaken, Wells had his contract extended before the season was over.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Wells is having a great series, but lets not get carried away. He has to prove that he can do this over a period of time before we jizz over the sight of him...

mabber
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Are the Spurs in the Mavs heads mentally? Or has Avery and the newer Mavs squad have nothing to do with that? Do you think they will be too rested or do you think the Spurs will be tired after the Kings series if we make it out?

As a long time Mav fan...I'm fairly certain the Spurs have NEVER been in the Mavs heads mentally. The Spurs have just always been better. The only team that has been in the Mavs heads over the years has been the Lakers (w/Shaq). That team had us beat before we walked on the court.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Wells had his contract extended before the season was over.

hmmm...could be but Patricias site and RealGM both have him expiring this summer...

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Wells is having a great series, but lets not get carried away. He has to prove that he can do this over a period of time before we jizz over the sight of him...

:lmao

Tell that to Isaiah and Jerome James :lol

Darrin
05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
hmmm...could be but Patricias site and RealGM both have him expiring this summer...

I thought it was a condition of his trade. The reason the Grizzlies were having a hard time trading him is that he wanted a 5-year contract extension, according to various sources. I just assumed (we know what that does) that those demands had been met to his satisfaction.

Darrin
05-03-2006, 02:12 PM
:lmao

Tell that to Isaiah and Jerome James :lol

Isiah Thomas.

The Book of Isaiah....Isaiah Rider...

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Isiah Thomas.

The Book of Isaiah....Isaiah Rider...

OK...you knew exactly who I was talking about though....:lol

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Honestly, I think the Spurs could take the Mavs down in five. I'm not saying book it, but I wouldn't count myself as shocked if it happened. I don't think there is a matchup in that series that really favors the Mavs. It's hard to really say the Mavs are for real just yet, as I can't consider the Grizz a very defining test of their playoff ability. They are a good team, but if they play a Spurs team that is hopefully gotten a good wakeup call from the Kings, the Spurs should dominate.

Have you even watched the Mavs this year? Honestly you think? You don't think there's a matchup in the series that favors the Mavs? Ok all I have to say is watch the damn games....... FYI Interior defense this year actually favors the Mavs, check the stats, so I'd say they have you beat at the 5 spot. Are you really trying to say that Dirk doesn't bring us what Duncan brings you? Can you honestly tell me that you'd rather have Bowen at 36, Barry at 36, Finley at 33, and Ginobli at 30 than Howard at 25, Daniels at 25, Griffin at 30, and Stack at 31? Last second shot at the end of the game who would you rather have shooting a perimeter jumper, our point or yours?

Please watch the damn games already.

smoke1
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Have you even watched the Mavs this year? Honestly you think? You don't think there's a matchup in the series that favors the Mavs? Ok all I have to say is watch the damn games....... FYI Interior defense this year actually favors the Mavs, check the stats, so I'd say they have you beat at the 5 spot. Are you really trying to say that Dirk doesn't bring us what Duncan brings you? Can you honestly tell me that you'd rather have Bowen at 36, Barry at 36, Finley at 33, and Ginobli at 30 than Howard at 25, Daniels at 25, Griffin at 30, and Stack at 31? Last second shot at the end of the game who would you rather have shooting a perimeter jumper, our point or yours?

Please watch the damn games already.
I would rather have the Spurs players listed. Look, we know you have a good team and you have a coach that actually learned from the great one in SA, but SA matches up much better with you than they do against the kings. And the Spurs have home court. I'll say Spurs in 6, but dont be surprised if it's sooner.

Darrin
05-03-2006, 02:44 PM
OK...you knew exactly who I was talking about though....:lol

Pet peeve. It's like if someone spelled Gregg Popovich with one G.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I would rather have the Spurs players listed. Look, we know you have a good team and you have a coach that actually learned from the great one in SA, but SA matches up much better with you than they do against the kings. And the Spurs have home court. I'll say Spurs in 6, but dont be surprised if it's sooner.

Oh well I can't say anything, I'm the direct opposite I could see the Mavs taking it in 5.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Have you even watched the Mavs this year? Honestly you think? You don't think there's a matchup in the series that favors the Mavs? Ok all I have to say is watch the damn games....... FYI Interior defense this year actually favors the Mavs, check the stats, so I'd say they have you beat at the 5 spot. Are you really trying to say that Dirk doesn't bring us what Duncan brings you?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Duncan brings championships, three of them. Check the stats. And as far as the 5 spot goes maybe. I tend to think matchups less head to head and more a case of frontcourt/backcourt. Congrats. If you think Diop and Dampier are going to be the difference makers in any series get your head checked.

Can you honestly tell me that you'd rather have Bowen at 36, Barry at 36, Finley at 33, and Ginobli at 30 than Howard at 25, Daniels at 25, Griffin at 30, and Stack at 31?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Bowen at 36 has had fewer injuries than any of those guys on your list, and has guarded Dirk as well as anyone in the league can. Barry and Finley: on any given night the odds are one of them is going to have the hot hand and if both do then look out, and I'll take Ginobili over about 90% of the guards in the league.

Last second shot at the end of the game who would you rather have shooting a perimeter jumper, our point or yours?
Jason Terry is a better shooter than Parker! Oh no! I don't know if you're aware of this but the league changed the rules a while back and now any player can take a last second jumper. Let me ask you a question-who would you rather have taking a last second jumper, Keith Van Horn or Robert Horry?

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 03:04 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. Duncan brings championships, three of them. Check the stats. And as far as the 5 spot goes maybe. I tend to think matchups less head to head and more a case of frontcourt/backcourt. Congrats. If you think Diop and Dampier are going to be the difference makers in any series get your head checked.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Bowen at 36 has had fewer injuries than any of those guys on your list, and has guarded Dirk as well as anyone in the league can. Barry and Finley: on any given night the odds are one of them is going to have the hot hand and if both do then look out, and I'll take Ginobili over about 90% of the guards in the league.

Jason Terry is a better shooter than Parker! Oh no! I don't know if you're aware of this but the league changed the rules a while back and now any player can take a last second jumper. Let me ask you a question-who would you rather have taking a last second jumper, Keith Van Horn or Robert Horry?

Yes I think Diop and Damp will be difference makers as will Dirk and Terry, it's a team effort and they are all going to make a difference one way or the other, if you can't see that then you should get head checked along with your eyes, ears, and other thing that might be wrong with you.

Go ahead and take your swingmen then, lets see who's competitive next year or the year after that. You Spurs fans don't hesitate to bring up the past I might as well bring up the future.

Oh and on your last point, Keith Van Horn isn't even playing, watch the damn games people!!! Holy fuck........... So to answer your question I'd rather have Dirk Nowitzki.

easjer
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
SFIE and I have watched the games - not all the Dallas games, but many of the nationally aired games throughout the season and at least part of each playoff game Dallas played. We just see things differently than you do. I suppose I could scream watch the games to you about the Spurs if you honest-to-God think you are winning in five, but what would be the point? You disagree.

No way the Mavs unseat the defending champions in 5. If it happens (and it won't) it will be in 7.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't know guys, Mavtek has convinced me. I think that if the Spurs play the Mavs, the Mavs are so good that they will become the first team in history to win a best of 7 series in only 3 games.

mabber
05-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I don't know guys, Mavtek has convinced me. I think that if the Spurs play the Mavs, the Mavs are so good that they will become the first team in history to win a best of 7 series in only 3 games.

That would be cool :hat

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 04:36 PM

Funny, but that's effectively what they did in round 1 vs. the Grizz they were beaten down so bad the 1st 3 games they had nothing left for the 4th.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Funny, but that's effectively what they did in round 1 vs. the Grizz they were beaten down so bad the 1st 3 games they had nothing left for the 4th.

Well, and I can see why you'd believe that, since the playoff experience of the Spurs is basically indistinguishable from that of the Grizzlies.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, and I can see why you'd believe that, since the playoff experience of the Spurs is basically indistinguishable from that of the Grizzlies.

I'm really not following your point here........

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm really not following your point here........

I'm agreeing with you. I think your analogy to the Memphis series in thinking about a series with San Antonio is a good one. The Spurs have approximately the same talent as the Grizzlies everywhere. But more importantly, I think the Spurs are likely to just fold under the sort of playoff pressure that the Mavericks will apply; that sort of inability to deal with playoff situations has been the hallmark of this Spurs team and the players on this Spurs team, unlike the Grizzlies, who have shown a tremendous resiliency under playoff pressure.

Spurminator
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
:lol

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm agreeing with you. I think your analogy to the Memphis series in thinking about a series with San Antonio is a good one. The Spurs have approximately the same talent as the Grizzlies everywhere. But more importantly, I think the Spurs are likely to just fold under the sort of playoff pressure that the Mavericks will apply; that sort of inability to deal with playoff situations has been the hallmark of this Spurs team and the players on this Spurs team, unlike the Grizzlies, who have shown a tremendous resiliency under playoff pressure.

What are you on? I was being Facetious..........

Fuck take a joke and move on, must we read paragraphs?

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
What are you on? I was being Facetious..........

I'm not.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM

Oh and I'd like to ask why are you comparing the Grizzilies to the Spurs? Did I lead you to beleive you should? The only reason you should compare the 2 is if the SPurs don't make it out of the 2nd round.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm going to be glad when round two of the playoffs is over and the Mavs trolls all go home.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm going to be glad when round two of the playoffs is over and the Mavs trolls all go home.

Where are the Mavs trolls? Have I baited you into a response? Jesus.... I haven't even said one bad thing about the Spurs other than I belive Tony Parker is one dimensional.

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh and I'd like to ask why are you comparing the Grizzilies to the Spurs? Did I lead you to beleive you should? The only reason you should compare the 2 is if the SPurs don't make it out of the 2nd round.

I'm with you in thinking that the Mavs will so badly destroy the Spurs, if the Spurs manage to advance, that a comparison to the way the Mavs handled the Grizzlies is perfectly apt.

Rick Von Braun
05-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Can you honestly tell me that you'd rather have Bowen at 36, Barry at 36, Finley at 33, and Ginobli at 30 than Howard at 25, Daniels at 25, Griffin at 30, and Stack at 31?

Dude,

At least get the players' ages right :rolleyes

Daniels: 25
Howard: 26 (+1)
Griffin: 31 (+1)
Stack: 31

Ginobili: 29 (-1)
Finley: 33
Barry: 35
Bowen: 35 (-1)

:drunk

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Where are the Mavs trolls? Have I baited you into a response? Jesus.... I haven't even said one bad thing about the Spurs other than I belive Tony Parker is one dimensional.

Hmmm. . .how did you know I was talking about you?

Oh, and for the record, I'm not Jesus.

A-Train
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I'd rather have the dudes with 2 or 3 rings on their fingers.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Dude,

At least get the players' ages right :rolleyes

Daniels: 25
Howard: 26 (+1)
Griffin: 31 (+1)
Stack: 31

Ginobili: 29 (-1)
Finley: 33
Barry: 35
Bowen: 35 (-1)

:drunk

I wasn't about to look it up dude, I was close enough.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Hmmm. . .how did you know I was talking about you?

Oh, and for the record, I'm not Jesus.

It says Dallas Mavericks in my sig?

Ok now answer my original question?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry to keep dropping in and out on this thread, but as far as those 25, 26 year olds that are making your team's future look bright-how many games did they miss due to injury this year? Guys don't become less injury prone as they age. If you're missing 15 games at 25 you're probably not going to be playing 82 when you're 29.

And besides, the Spurs veteran bench gets reloaded every so often a la the Yankees.

P.S.-Ed, while not Jesus, is a man of SPAM.

Sspursin06
05-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Center: Dampier/Diop = Mohammed/Rasho
But Mohammed owned yall in the march 2nd game

Power Forward:Dirk=Tim
You can't even compare them because they have different style of games and ways they get their points and don't even guard each other

SG:Stack--------------->Manu by far. Stack sucks

SF:Howard<---Bruce. Howard scores, Bruce does sometimes

PG:Terry------------------>Tony. The spurs take the amare stoudamire approach with the gay headband guy who throws the ball at the spurs lighthouse

Bench:Spurs no questions asked. Robert Horry is better than that bench

Coach:Pop no question. Avery doesn't know how this Spurs offense works cause he didnt play on it, Avery only knew the offense that lived and died on what kind of game Timmy had.

Mavtek
05-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Sorry to keep dropping in and out on this thread, but as far as those 25, 26 year olds that are making your team's future look bright-how many games did they miss due to injury this year? Guys don't become less injury prone as they age. If you're missing 15 games at 25 you're probably not going to be playing 82 when you're 29.

And besides, the Spurs veteran bench gets reloaded every so often a la the Yankees.

P.S.-Ed, while not Jesus, is a man of SPAM.

Howard and Griff missed quite a few games this year, but the last 2-3 years they haven't. Daniels missed games last year to appedicitis (spelling), and this year to a Neck contusion when he got clotheslined by Jerome James, Stack who knows, honestly who cares..... Those aren't typical NBA injuries, and I don't think Howard will be injury prone based on his 1st 2 years. Now Harris on the other hand, the Jury is still out there.

samikeyp
05-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I already had major respect for what they have done w/Artest in the lineup.

I have been supremely impressed with Kevin Martin.