PDA

View Full Version : Was signing NVE and Finley...

Tek_XX
05-09-2006, 11:26 PM
a mistake? They've given us nothing but bad defense.

Vingianx
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
fin dog will redeem himself

loveforthegame
05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
At least Finley has shot the ball pretty well in the playoffs and has helped win some games.

What has NVE done this season? Nothing.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 01:50 AM

T-Pain
05-10-2006, 01:51 AM
a mistake? They've given us nothing but bad defense.
what? why are you asking now???

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Fin has been just fine. Beno makes Van Exel look like John Stockton.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Fin has been just fine. Beno makes Van Exel look like John Stockton.

give me a break, VE is giving us nothing but technicals. LOoking at a number of your threads you have serious hate for Beno but at least he'll get the offense moving.

baseline bum
05-10-2006, 02:01 AM
NVE looks like he's already retired. Getting thrown out of the game is fucking inexcusable. Dude owes the team big Saturday.

texas84
05-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Remember Spurs fans... there is a reason why the Mavs let Finley go EVEN THOUGH HE IS STILL ON OUR PAYROLL COUNTING AGAINST THE CAP. Everyone in Dallas loves Finley, but we have better players that fit the system now. Finley always was a good but streaky shot. He's not gonna drive to the hoop, he's not gonna grab 5-10 boards (maybe one game he will), and he's not going to play close down defense. He may show up for a 15+ point game once this series, but that is all you may see out of him.

NVE... love him too but it's time for him to hang up the laces. I don't think he brings anything but another outside shot, and when thats not falling or your playing a good perimeter defensive team (like Dallas), he's useless.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 02:05 AM
I laugh my ass off at all the Mav fans that registered here just to smack talk during this series. Or are just smack talking now because they squeaked a win on us.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 02:16 AM
give me a break, VE is giving us nothing but technicals. LOoking at a number of your threads you have serious hate for Beno but at least he'll get the offense moving.
I don't hate Beno, I just wish he was good enough to put Fat Exel on the bench.
Beno just doesn't have it and I really wish he did.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Remember Spurs fans... there is a reason why the Mavs let Finley go EVEN THOUGH HE IS STILL ON OUR PAYROLL COUNTING AGAINST THE CAP. Everyone in Dallas loves Finley, but we have better players that fit the system now. Finley always was a good but streaky shot. He's not gonna drive to the hoop, he's not gonna grab 5-10 boards (maybe one game he will), and he's not going to play close down defense. He may show up for a 15+ point game once this series, but that is all you may see out of him.

NVE... love him too but it's time for him to hang up the laces. I don't think he brings anything but another outside shot, and when thats not falling or your playing a good perimeter defensive team (like Dallas), he's useless.
Nicks outside shot retired along time ago. However, dude does try his best.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 02:18 AM
I want thin Van Exel, not jungle booty Van Exel

texas84
05-10-2006, 02:24 AM
I laugh my ass off at all the Mav fans that registered here just to smack talk during this series. Or are just smack talking now because they squeaked a win on us.

Is what I said 'smack'??

And, I've joined because honestly, no Mavs forum is this active. Yall have by far the more interesting forum. Nearly 400 viewers were online after the game... THATS AMAZING!!

Finley and Van Exel... like I said: love them both, but yall are expecting something out of them they just can't give anymore.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-10-2006, 02:38 AM
i warned you guys from day one....

dont get too excited about NVE. Sure it didnt cost the Spurs too much financially but they would be better off developing Udrih instead of wasting the minutes on NVE who somehow has this unwarranted big time playoff performer tag..........heck he hasnt even shot over 40% in his playoff career

anyway.......NVE isnt worth counting on .......

and as you saw tonight, he can be very selfish

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 02:40 AM
i warned you guys from day one....

dont get too excited about NVE. Sure it didnt cost the Spurs too much financially but they would be better off developing Udrih instead of wasting the minutes on NVE who somehow has this unwarranted big time playoff performer..........heck he hasnt even shot over 40% in his playoff career

anyway.......NVE isnt worth counting on .......

and as you saw tonight, he can be very selfishI've always thought you couldn't trust a guy who would do a television interview with a lolipop in his mouth. Imagine the potentially explosive situation if Pop makes Nick ride the pine like Nazr.

Bruno
05-10-2006, 03:01 AM

You aren't talking smack but you are really wrong on Finley.

Mavs have waived Finley because they have saved $52M in Luxury Tax by doing it. He wasn't a big loss for Mavs because they are very deep at the SG/SF spot. Without the amnesty rules, Finley will still wear a Mavs jersey.
Finley isn't worth $52M/3 years but he is easily worth $9M/3 years, he has been quite good with us for the moment.

NVE was OK before his elbow injury but he sucks now. I don't know if it's his elbow, his head or if he is out of shape but he sucks.

texas84
05-10-2006, 08:38 AM
You aren't talking smack but you are really wrong on Finley.

Mavs have waived Finley because they have saved $52M in Luxury Tax by doing it. He wasn't a big loss for Mavs because they are very deep at the SG/SF spot. Without the amnesty rules, Finley will still wear a Mavs jersey.
Finley isn't worth $52M/3 years but he is easily worth $9M/3 years, he has been quite good with us for the moment.

NVE was OK before his elbow injury but he sucks now. I don't know if it's his elbow, his head or if he is out of shape but he sucks.

You're correct about the luxury tax. And I agree, he would still be a Maverick if there hadn't been the amnesty rule. He'd probably still be a Mav at the price the Spurs have him at. But his minutes would be drastically dropped and he would be coming off our bench.

But I'm still correct about his play. Sounds like Spurs fans are complaining about his play, but they have to realize that thats pretty much Finley in a nutshell.

samikeyp
05-10-2006, 08:42 AM
When Finley plays well, its the best move ever, when he doesn't its a mistake?

Can't have it both ways folks.

NVE hasn't done much all year but Finley has played well for this team.

Sounds like Spurs fans are complaining about his play, but they have to realize that thats pretty much Finley in a nutshell.

Some yes, all..no.

You have fans who put him in the HOF one night and kick him to the curb the next. Saying a player has a bad game is one thing but some fans tend to go to extremes.

Shank
05-10-2006, 08:44 AM

1. Why would a Mavs fan hang out here if the teams weren't playing a series against each other? This is the way it goes.

2. 22 points is squeaking?

leemajors
05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
1. Why would a Mavs fan hang out here if the teams weren't playing a series against each other? This is the way it goes.

2. 22 points is squeaking?

we have more than a few mavs fans who hang out here year round.

Tek_XX
05-10-2006, 10:09 PM
yep

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I want thin Van Exel, not jungle booty Van Exel
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Sspursin06
05-10-2006, 10:18 PM
fin's been great. i wish we hadn't of gotten nve and focused more on antonio daniels or anyone else.

T Park
05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
focused more on antonio daniels or anyone else.

:lol

Yeah, when you find that extra capspace to sign a Daniels for 5 mill a year, let me know, the Spurs would like to too.

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Finley and NVE are the only players in history that could fuck up a 4 down play.

Texas_Ranger
05-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Finley was a good choice. I like more if he wears spurs jersey than heat jersey.
But NVE was not good choice, they should keep Devin Brown

AFE7FATMAN
05-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Finley and NVE are the only players in history that could fuck up a 4 down play.

Nope you forgot about AJ :lol

Hook Dem
05-11-2006, 07:12 AM
This coming from someone who sucks on VC's jock?

cheguevara
05-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Finley is money. I love his hustle. He just comes in the game and tries to do stuff.

themvp
05-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Finley is OK, this is his first year with the Spurs, so lets be patient.

But I dont know what to say about NVE. :oops

MadDog73
05-11-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm not going to say shit. I remember all the crap about Barry last year, but he stepped up when it counted.

All it takes is one game winner from NVE, and all will be forgiven.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 09:37 AM
NVE looks like he's already retired. Getting thrown out of the game is fucking inexcusable. Dude owes the team big Saturday.
You really want to see NeVEr on the floor with Harris or Terry again?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Finley has played pretty well for a vet adjusting to a new role in a new system. Compare his performance this year to Brent Barry and Robert Horry's first seasons with the Spurs. At the very least he's never been hesitant to shoot, which is what the Spurs brought him there to do.

And the Mavs were right about Finley's streakiness but that's why he's perfectly suited to being a scorer off the bench. He comes in an hits a few jumpers he'll catch plenty of minutes in any given game. He goes out and bricks his first four shots then he'll sit a little bit more than usual. The Spurs are deep enough that a bad night from Finley isn't a death sentence.

Nick? Fuck him. I still hold out some sliver of hope that he'll have a Steve Kerr moment in this series, but right now I'd rather see Beno out there.

pache100
05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Nick? Fuck him. I still hold out some sliver of hope that he'll have a Steve Kerr moment in this series,

http://i3.tinypic.com/xpq4c3.gif

but right now I'd rather see Beno out there.

Oh, god...me, too. (What am I saying????? :madrun )

leemajors
05-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Finley has played pretty well for a vet adjusting to a new role in a new system. Compare his performance this year to Brent Barry and Robert Horry's first seasons with the Spurs. At the very least he's never been hesitant to shoot, which is what the Spurs brought him there to do.

And the Mavs were right about Finley's streakiness but that's why he's perfectly suited to being a scorer off the bench. He comes in an hits a few jumpers he'll catch plenty of minutes in any given game. He goes out and bricks his first four shots then he'll sit a little bit more than usual. The Spurs are deep enough that a bad night from Finley isn't a death sentence.

Nick? Fuck him. I still hold out some sliver of hope that he'll have a Steve Kerr moment in this series, but right now I'd rather see Beno out there.

beno has been nothing but a chucker so far in this series too. and missing everything to boot.

strangeweather
05-11-2006, 02:24 PM

Given the alternatives, I'd rather see Barry get minutes at the point, unless Van Exel decides to pull his head out of his ass.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Given the alternatives, I'd rather see Barry get minutes at the point, unless Van Exel decides to pull his head out of his ass.

Meant to include that in my original post. I wasn't saying I particularly want Beno out there, but realistically NVE has done absolutely nothing in this postseason to warrant him getting consistent minutes.

RON ARTEST
05-11-2006, 04:50 PM
i hope the spurs win it all. but i just dont see it happening. the pistons defense is better and they arent as old. the addition of finley and van exel was just getting to old washed up players who play as much defense as peja hits clutch shots in the playoffs.

Tek_XX
05-12-2006, 08:16 PM
i hope the spurs win it all. but i just dont see it happening. the pistons defense is better and they arent as old. the addition of finley and van exel was just getting to old washed up players who play as much defense as peja hits clutch shots in the playoffs.

nope

Tek_XX
05-14-2006, 12:07 AM