Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dos Equis
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a mistake? They've given us nothing but bad defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fin dog will redeem himself

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    At least Finley has shot the ball pretty well in the playoffs and has helped win some games.

What has NVE done this season? Nothing.

Dos Equis
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a mistake? They've given us nothing but bad defense.
    what? why are you asking now???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fin has been just fine. Beno makes Van Exel look like John Stockton.

Dos Equis
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fin has been just fine. Beno makes Van Exel look like John Stockton.
    give me a break, VE is giving us nothing but technicals. LOoking at a number of your threads you have serious hate for Beno but at least he'll get the offense moving.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NVE looks like he's already retired. Getting thrown out of the game is ing inexcusable. Dude owes the team big Saturday.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Remember Spurs fans... there is a reason why the Mavs let Finley go EVEN THOUGH HE IS STILL ON OUR PAYROLL COUNTING AGAINST THE CAP. Everyone in Dallas loves Finley, but we have better players that fit the system now. Finley always was a good but streaky shot. He's not gonna drive to the hoop, he's not gonna grab 5-10 boards (maybe one game he will), and he's not going to play close down defense. He may show up for a 15+ point game once this series, but that is all you may see out of him.

NVE... love him too but it's time for him to hang up the laces. I don't think he brings anything but another outside shot, and when thats not falling or your playing a good perimeter defensive team (like Dallas), he's useless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I laugh my ass off at all the Mav fans that registered here just to smack talk during this series. Or are just smack talking now because they squeaked a win on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give me a break, VE is giving us nothing but technicals. LOoking at a number of your threads you have serious hate for Beno but at least he'll get the offense moving.
    I don't hate Beno, I just wish he was good enough to put Fat Exel on the bench.
    Beno just doesn't have it and I really wish he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember Spurs fans... there is a reason why the Mavs let Finley go EVEN THOUGH HE IS STILL ON OUR PAYROLL COUNTING AGAINST THE CAP. Everyone in Dallas loves Finley, but we have better players that fit the system now. Finley always was a good but streaky shot. He's not gonna drive to the hoop, he's not gonna grab 5-10 boards (maybe one game he will), and he's not going to play close down defense. He may show up for a 15+ point game once this series, but that is all you may see out of him.

NVE... love him too but it's time for him to hang up the laces. I don't think he brings anything but another outside shot, and when thats not falling or your playing a good perimeter defensive team (like Dallas), he's useless.
    Nicks outside shot retired along time ago. However, dude does try his best.

Dos Equis
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want thin Van Exel, not jungle booty Van Exel

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I laugh my ass off at all the Mav fans that registered here just to smack talk during this series. Or are just smack talking now because they squeaked a win on us.
    Is what I said 'smack'??

And, I've joined because honestly, no Mavs forum is this active. Yall have by far the more interesting forum. Nearly 400 viewers were online after the game... THATS AMAZING!!

Finley and Van Exel... like I said: love them both, but yall are expecting something out of them they just can't give anymore.

Best Nuggets Troll Ever NuGGeTs-FaN's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    i warned you guys from day one....

dont get too excited about NVE. Sure it didnt cost the Spurs too much financially but they would be better off developing Udrih instead of wasting the minutes on NVE who somehow has this unwarranted big time playoff performer tag..........heck he hasnt even shot over 40% in his playoff career

anyway.......NVE isnt worth counting on .......

and as you saw tonight, he can be very selfish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i warned you guys from day one....

dont get too excited about NVE. Sure it didnt cost the Spurs too much financially but they would be better off developing Udrih instead of wasting the minutes on NVE who somehow has this unwarranted big time playoff performer..........heck he hasnt even shot over 40% in his playoff career

anyway.......NVE isnt worth counting on .......

and as you saw tonight, he can be very selfish
    I've always thought you couldn't trust a guy who would do a television interview with a lolipop in his mouth. Imagine the potentially explosive situation if Pop makes Nick ride the pine like Nazr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You aren't talking smack but you are really wrong on Finley.

Mavs have waived Finley because they have saved $52M in Luxury Tax by doing it. He wasn't a big loss for Mavs because they are very deep at the SG/SF spot. Without the amnesty rules, Finley will still wear a Mavs jersey.
    Finley isn't worth $52M/3 years but he is easily worth $9M/3 years, he has been quite good with us for the moment.

NVE was OK before his elbow injury but he sucks now. I don't know if it's his elbow, his head or if he is out of shape but he sucks.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You aren't talking smack but you are really wrong on Finley.

Mavs have waived Finley because they have saved $52M in Luxury Tax by doing it. He wasn't a big loss for Mavs because they are very deep at the SG/SF spot. Without the amnesty rules, Finley will still wear a Mavs jersey.
    Finley isn't worth $52M/3 years but he is easily worth $9M/3 years, he has been quite good with us for the moment.

NVE was OK before his elbow injury but he sucks now. I don't know if it's his elbow, his head or if he is out of shape but he sucks.
    You're correct about the luxury tax. And I agree, he would still be a Maverick if there hadn't been the amnesty rule. He'd probably still be a Mav at the price the Spurs have him at. But his minutes would be drastically dropped and he would be coming off our bench.

But I'm still correct about his play. Sounds like Spurs fans are complaining about his play, but they have to realize that thats pretty much Finley in a nuts .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Finley plays well, its the best move ever, when he doesn't its a mistake?

Can't have it both ways folks.

NVE hasn't done much all year but Finley has played well for this team.

Sounds like Spurs fans are complaining about his play, but they have to realize that thats pretty much Finley in a nuts .
    Some yes, all..no.

You have fans who put him in the HOF one night and kick him to the curb the next. Saying a player has a bad game is one thing but some fans tend to go to extremes.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    1. Why would a Mavs fan hang out here if the teams weren't playing a series against each other? This is the way it goes.

2. 22 points is squeaking?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Why would a Mavs fan hang out here if the teams weren't playing a series against each other? This is the way it goes.

2. 22 points is squeaking?
    we have more than a few mavs fans who hang out here year round.

Dos Equis
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want thin Van Exel, not jungle booty Van Exel

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fin's been great. i wish we hadn't of gotten nve and focused more on antonio daniels or anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    focused more on antonio daniels or anyone else.

Yeah, when you find that extra capspace to sign a Daniels for 5 mill a year, let me know, the Spurs would like to too.

Thread Information