PDA

View Full Version : What lineup would you start for Game 5?

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
??

Leetonidas
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Bruce Bowen
C - Rasho Nesterovic
SG - Brent Barry
PG - Tony Parker

My subs would be...

PF - Robert Horry
SF - Michael Finley
C - Nazr Mohammed
SG - Manu Ginobili
PG - Beno Udrih

ducks
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
tp
mike finley
barry
oberta
duncan

ducks
05-16-2006, 11:02 PM
manu off the bench to avoid foul problems

horry off the bench to avoid foul problems later

Leetonidas
tp
mike finley
barry
oberta
duncan

WTF...:wow

ducks
if tp can not go
then manu starts in his place

Melmart1
05-16-2006, 11:03 PM
As much as the small ball has hurt and helped us, it doesn't matter. I don't think you switch away from it, as the Spurs are starting to get competetive with it. I am just not sure that starting a bigman now is an option. I think it might hurt more than it helps. But I would sure love some of Rasho's dependable D. Tough call.

DDS4
PF - Tim
C - Rasho
SF - Bowen
SG - Manu
PG - Parker

PG/SG - Barry
SG/F - Finley
F - Horry

Nobody else. Starters (except Rasho) expect to play 35+ mins.

spur4life
i will just go as small as possible with the lineup...even duncan will have to come off the bench & van exel will start in his place...hell!!

SA210
05-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Rasho!!

Leetonidas
05-16-2006, 11:06 PM
i will just go as small as possible with the lineup...even duncan will have to come off the bench & van exel will start in his place...hell!!

:lol

PF - Manu
SF - Brent
C - Bruce
SG - Beno
PG - Tony

Wouldn't that be interesting...

SANANTOJAMES
Tim
Tony
Bruce
Finley
Rasho

angel_luv
I picked the game four line up.

If we start a center, I want it to be Rasho over Nazr. Rasho is the better presence of the two.

And I like Robert's effectiveness coming off the bench.

beachbarbie948
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Bruce Bowen
C - Rasho Nesterovic
SG - Brent Barry
PG - Tony Parker

My subs would be...

PF - Robert Horry
SF - Michael Finley
C - Nazr Mohammed
SG - Manu Ginobili
PG - Beno Udrih

that sounds good. as long as theres no van exel

lol

ducks
05-16-2006, 11:07 PM
horry does not shoot
orberta hustles and brings energy
if we are going to mess up the starters insert him
he did not do bad in the minutes he did get

Cant_Be_Faded
oh my god, good thread, sickening outcome

Leetonidas
Yeah, I really thought Nick would do something, ANYTHING, but the guy just fucking sucks. He's totally out of it. He has no game left in him. He should've retired.

SA210
Can DRob give us a few blocks?

Just sneak him in for a few minutes with a Rasho mask.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 11:08 PM
If Pop started Nesterovic and the Spurs won, I guess the media would be all over his nuts for the brilliant "adjustment".

austinfan
05-16-2006, 11:08 PM
As much as the small ball has hurt and helped us, it doesn't matter. I don't think you switch away from it, as the Spurs are starting to get competetive with it. I am just not sure that starting a bigman now is an option. I think it might hurt more than it helps. But I would sure love some of Rasho's dependable D. Tough call.

I see your point about the Spurs maybe beginning to get comfortable with the small ball, but their old line-up should be like riding a bicycle to them--once you learn it, it just comes naturally. Especially since that's what they've played all season long, and really, pretty much forever.

If we go in with small ball and the Mavs are still slashing through, throw Rasho in just as an experiment, if for no other reason than just to see what happens, you know?

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I really thought Nick would do something, ANYTHING, but the guy just fucking sucks. He's totally out of it. He has no game left in him. He should've retired.

I don't see why Pop has kept playing him. I mean, even in the Sacramento series and throughout the regular season he wasn't that great. Beno's not that great either, but geesh, I'd rather have him than Van Exel out there.

DDS4
05-16-2006, 11:14 PM
If Pop started Nesterovic and the Spurs won, I guess the media would be all over his nuts for the brilliant "adjustment".

If it gets wins, people can call it genius for all I care. Pop has already been called a lot of things already.

timvp
Time to live or die with Small Ball.

:smokin

Melmart1
I see your point about the Spurs maybe beginning to get comfortable with the small ball, but their old line-up should be like riding a bicycle to them--once you learn it, it just comes naturally. Especially since that's what they've played all season long, and really, pretty much forever.

If we go in with small ball and the Mavs are still slashing through, throw Rasho in just as an experiment, if for no other reason than just to see what happens, you know?

IMHO, it would not be like riding a bike. The offense went though Tony most of the season cus of Timmy and Manu being injured/banged up. Now, it runs through Timmy since he is healthy. That has not really happened since last year's Finals. So either way, they would not be dancing with the girl they brung. So that is why I am inclined to stick with small ball.

SPARKY
Pop may find that he should've gone back to the regular season lineup in the beginning of the series.

George W Bush
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Even though I don't listen to polls,

I voted for Rasho,
mainly because he looks kinda lonely over on the bench.

What can I say,
he can block more shots than I ever took in the
National Guard.

Go Spurs!

I'm George W Bush and I approve this lineup :tu

austinfan
05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I don't see why Pop has kept playing him. I mean, even in the Sacramento series and throughout the regular season he wasn't that great. Beno's not that great either, but geesh, I'd rather have him than Van Exel out there.

I've never understood the Pop fascination with NVE all season either. People kept saying, "Well, he'll turn it on like a switch when the playoffs arrive," but only the very best players a la Tim or Jordan can manage that. When it became apparent in about January that Finley was making adjustments to the Spurs system and NVE still wasn't, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a pretty picture come April. And yet Pop continued to have faith in him.

Pop is such an enigma. I really don't get where he's coming from half the time, even though I think he's great.

E20
05-16-2006, 11:27 PM
If Pop wants to go small. Sign me up for a 10 day contract. I'm 5'9" thats small right there I will blaze by Harris and Terry.

DDS4
05-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Even though I don't listen to polls,

I voted for Rasho,
mainly because he looks kinda lonely over on the bench.

What can I say,
he can block more shots than I ever took in the
National Guard.

Go Spurs!

I'm George W Bush and I approve this lineup :tu

:lol

beirmeistr
05-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Parker
Ginobili
Duncan
Bowen
Rasho

Enough of the Spurlings. Bring on the Spurs.

cherylsteele
05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
manu off the bench to avoid foul problems

the only problem here is that was what happened in game 4....but yes bring Manu off the bench. I don't see him fouling out again in this series.

cherylsteele
05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
He has done something....nearly fouling out in less than 10 min.....so far he is the best player on the Mavs. :D

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Time to live or die with Small Ball.

:smokin

:lol Exactly. It's too late to start Rasho/Nazr after they haven't really played in like 4 games. They're rusty and probably won't produce as much as we want them to.

At this point you have to go with what you have. I personally would go with Game 4's lineup, except insert Manu back into the Starting lineup. I fully expect Barry and Horry to be energizers for us off the bench.

Duncan
Finley
Bruce
Manu
TP

cherylsteele
05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
:lol Exactly. It's too late to start Rasho/Nazr after they haven't really played in like 4 games. They're rusty and probably won't produce as much as we want them to.

At this point you have to go with what you have. I personally would go with Game 4's lineup, except insert Manu back into the Starting lineup. I fully expect Barry and Horry to be energizers for us off the bench.

Duncan
Finley
Bruce
Manu
TP
Huh? We have lost 3 in a row with small ball...I recall rasho started game one and we won.....starting the game with small ball isn't working. You go with what got you here all year....two bigs in the middle blocking layups....which is what is killing mostly.

sa_butta
05-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Huh? We have lost 3 in a row with small ball...I recall rasho started game one and we won.....starting the game with small ball isn't working. You go with what got you here all year....two bigs in the middle blocking layups....which is what is killing mostly.:tu

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Assuming TP will play...

Parker
Barry
Bowen
Oberto
Duncan

first substitutions: Manu in, Barry out, Horry in, Oberto out.
late in the 1st quarter: Finley in, Bruce out, Rasho in, Duncan out, Beno in, Parker out.
early in the 2nd: Barry and Oberto back in.
later: Duncan, Bruce, Parker, back in
end the quarter with: TP, MG, BB, RH, TD (I hope this lineup gets the most minutes, with Barry and Finley contributing).

kalikot_boy_kr
05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
tom/muna/toni/rashe/brass

ploto
05-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Parker
Ginobili
Duncan
Bowen
Rasho

Enough of the Spurlings. Bring on the Spurs.
Amen-- bring back the line-up we've seen for the majority of three years-- the one that showed the best defense in the league and the guys who know how to play TOGETHER.

Rasho at C 55.56%

I think it just might be one of the signs of the Apocalypse-- Spurs fans calling for Rasho! Guess you don't appreciate what he did do until you miss it. :)

abelle23
05-17-2006, 10:51 AM
start rasho and lock up NVE!!!

strangeweather
05-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Starters:

PF - Duncan
SF - Bowen
C - Rasho
SG - Finley
PG - Parker

Subs:

Ginobili - SG/SF
Barry - PG/SG
Horry - PF/C

I would only go past the 8-man rotation in case of foul trouble.

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Starters:

Tim Duncan
Bruce Bowen
Manu Ginobili
Micheal Finley
Tony Parker

Subs:

Brent Barry - to give a blow to Parker/Manu/Bowen
Rasho - for rebounding opportunities
Horry/Oberto - doing spot duty on Dirk only.