PDA

View Full Version : The Hijacking Of A Series

MWILL
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry boys, the best team did not win this thing this year and we can blame this on the NBA. Am I crying? Am I whining? Am I b*tching, moaning, and groanining? Hell yes because the league hijacked this thing and that's the only way to put it. That bad part about it is that true fans of the game like me are so mad that we can't congradulate the Heat and their fans on a great accomplishment. Are we selfish? Yes, but God also called himself a jealous god and it only because of the love we have for our team. I wish no ill will to the Miami Heat. D Wade? He's nasty and deserves the MVP. But you don't tell me that Dallas blows this team out in games 1 & 2, is leading in #3 and suddenly forgets how to play? That's so bogus. Game 4 I'll give you 'cause Dallas stunk. But game 5 was taken. Now don't give me that bullschitt about missing free throws because free throws are missed. When push came to shove, literally in the case of JET vs. Wade, Dallas found itself on the end of another screwing. Reggie Miller was on 103.3 FM the other day and he was asked how do fouls change the way a player plays. He said that after picking up a coupla fouls, a player can no longer really be aggressive. His entire game plan goes to hell. This happened to Dallas after game 3, especially when the League saw that Dallas was gonna' sweep this thing. They changed their style of calling the game in favor of the Heat and never let Dallas be aggressive. People say Dallas turned into a jump shooting team? You would too if you continued to go to the bucket but didn't get any calls. (If I see Dwyane Wade use that off-hand again to create space, I'm gonna go nuts. Poor Devin Harris didn't know whether to schitt or go blind. When ever he'd beat Wade to the "point" he'd get whistled for a foul.)

Guys, I'm bitter. I'm so bitter. I'm not sad. I'm not disappointed. I AM PHCKING BITTER! How much difference would Stack have made in game 5? So many questions . . .

(From Aschcan in DFW)

I Agree with you 100%THE HIJACKING OF A SERIES

picnroll
06-22-2006, 04:32 PM
You sure you're not refering to the Mavs - Spurs series?

jman3000
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
I think I have to mow the lawn today ... comments?

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm sorry boys, the best team did not win this thing this year and we can blame this on the NBA. Am I crying? Am I whining? Am I b*tching, moaning, and groanining? Hell yes because the league hijacked this thing and that's the only way to put it. That bad part about it is that true fans of the game like me are so mad that we can't congradulate the Heat and their fans on a great accomplishment. Are we selfish? Yes, but God also called himself a jealous god and it only because of the love we have for our team. I wish no ill will to the Miami Heat. D Wade? He's nasty and deserves the MVP. But you don't tell me that Dallas blows this team out in games 1 & 2, is leading in #3 and suddenly forgets how to play? That's so bogus. Game 4 I'll give you 'cause Dallas stunk. But game 5 was taken. Now don't give me that bullschitt about missing free throws because free throws are missed. When push came to shove, literally in the case of JET vs. Wade, Dallas found itself on the end of another screwing. Reggie Miller was on 103.3 FM the other day and he was asked how do fouls change the way a player plays. He said that after picking up a coupla fouls, a player can no longer really be aggressive. His entire game plan goes to hell. This happened to Dallas after game 3, especially when the League saw that Dallas was gonna' sweep this thing. They changed their style of calling the game in favor of the Heat and never let Dallas be aggressive. People say Dallas turned into a jump shooting team? You would too if you continued to go to the bucket but didn't get any calls. (If I see Dwyane Wade use that off-hand again to create space, I'm gonna go nuts. Poor Devin Harris didn't know whether to schitt or go blind. When ever he'd beat Wade to the "point" he'd get whistled for a foul.)

Guys, I'm bitter. I'm so bitter. I'm not sad. I'm not disappointed. I AM PHCKING BITTER! How much difference would Stack have made in game 5? So many questions . . .

(From Aschcan in DFW)

go cry over at mavstalk.com cause we dont give a fuck about your pussy franchise!

Extra Stout
06-22-2006, 04:36 PM
The same inconsistent officiating that expedited the Mavs' ouster was what got them to the Finals in the first place.

So, please, city of Dallas, mark Cuban, and Mavs fans, just go disappear up your own anus forever.

Leetonidas
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
the best team did not win this thing this year

Yeah, the Spurs couldn't repeat. Oh well.

atxrocker
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
this thread is a joke just like dirk's heart

MWILL
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
You sure you're not refering to the Mavs - Spurs series?

If you want to talk about that series again, we can

but, don't leave out Tim Duncan and that all calls he got in that series

Ya know something, I think I know why you Spur fans are Still pissed off.

correct me if I'm wrong

The refs let Duncan have his way throughout the series until the final two mins. of almost every game. Then Timmy couldn't buy a foul call. Coming from a MAVS fan side I did'nt think 1/2 of the Foul calls were fouls to begin with.
(I know It's not detailed enough but I'll do that when I get off work)

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Coming from a MAVS fan side I did'nt think 1/2 of the Foul calls were fouls to begin with.

same can be said about the famous rolling of dirks foot and many more calls but im at work too and dont want to get to involved in this bs. be sour somewhere else like 4 hrs from here.

MWILL
06-22-2006, 04:50 PM
go cry over at mavstalk.com cause we dont give a fuck about your pussy franchise!

It wasn't really meant for you It was for the MAVS fans who didn't read it.

But, thanks for you input. :lol

BTW, why the fuck are you guys talking about Rasho being traded... he doesn't deserve to be talked about. Rasho Sucks! :lol

LEONARD
06-22-2006, 04:51 PM

(From Aschcan in DFW)

From one Mavs fan to another...

STFU!!!!

degenerate_gambler
06-22-2006, 04:52 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dgnerate_gamblr/mcenroe.jpg

"You cannot be serious!!!"

MWILL
06-22-2006, 04:54 PM
same can be said about the famous rolling of dirks foot and many more calls but im at work too and dont want to get to involved in this bs. be sour somewhere else like 4 hrs from here.

If this puts a smile on your face, I didn't think it was a foul either.

They called cause I think Tim was inside the circle.

MWILL
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
From one Mavs fan to another...

STFU!!!!

From one Mavs fan to another

DON'T FUCK WITH ME BITCH!

CavsSuperFan
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Dallas Mavericks Championship Trophy Room.... (http://funnyschtuff.homestead.com/files/DallasTrophyRoomLMAO.jpg)

jman3000
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Leonard is by far my favorite Mav poster. He doesn't offer excuses and if he's wrong about something he'll mostly admit to it. :tu

Winnipeg_Spur
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
:lol

Say what you want about the officials, but if the Mavs take care of business, up 13 with 6 and a half minutes left they're probably the champs. They choked like no team has ever choked in the history of the finals and here we are. Too bad, so sad. :violin

td4mvp21
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Leonard is by far my favorite Mav poster. He doesn't offer excuses and if he's wrong about something he'll mostly admit to it. :tu

He probably doesn't bitch because he spent so much time telling us not to. :lol

picnroll
06-22-2006, 05:10 PM
If you want to talk about that series again, we can

but, don't leave out Tim Duncan and that all calls he got in that series

Ya know something, I think I know why you Spur fans are Still pissed off.

correct me if I'm wrong

The refs let Duncan have his way throughout the series until the final two mins. of almost every game. Then Timmy couldn't buy a foul call. Coming from a MAVS fan side I did'nt think 1/2 of the Foul calls were fouls to begin with.
Actually there were a lot of fouls committed by the Mavs on Wade that didn't get called. He easily should have gone to the line five more times a game if the refs called it right.

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Actually there were a lot of fouls committed by the Mavs on Wade that didn't get called. He easily should have gone to the line five more times a game if the refs called it right.

You're right...I counted at least 8-10 more fouls against Wade that weren't called- and that was just in the 4th quarter of game 6.

The refs didn't want to turn it into a FT shooting contest (and Stern gave them the secret signal from the stands to make a game of it) so they cut the Mavs some slack.

DarrinS
06-22-2006, 05:28 PM

(From Aschcan in DFW)

How do you explain the disappearance of Dirk. Did the refs take away his shooting ability.

By the way, Mav fans, WTF is with jacking up all the long range jump shots near the end of the game? And, what gives with Dirk passing to Pampier in crunch time. In that same situation, game 7 in S.A., Dirk went strong to the rim. What happened to him?

bulletedge
06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
How do you explain the disappearance of Dirk. Did the refs take away his shooting ability.

By the way, Mav fans, WTF is with jacking up all the long range jump shots near the end of the game? And, what gives with Dirk passing to Pampier in crunch time. In that same situation, game 7 in S.A., Dirk went strong to the rim. What happened to him?

You have just asked the 64 Million Dollar Questions!

Where the fuck DID Dirk's shot go? For six straight games????

Why DID the Mavs jack up three 3s in succession when BOTH Shaq and Zo were on the bench????

And why in the hell would Dirk pass anything to "Stone Hands" Dampier late in the 4th quarter??? That dude caught maybe 2 passes like that and converted in over 100 games.

The only answer I can come up with is they CHOKED!!!!

nbascribe
06-22-2006, 05:54 PM

(From Aschcan in DFW)

MWILL:

I'm going to do this for a bunch of us who will allow me. Let's all be clear on one thing: the refs didn't cost the Mavericks the series. That's utter bullshit from people who have no concept of the rules of the NBA and try to put what they see on tv as something that know something about. If you don't understand the rules, between Ducks, Kori, myself and others. we'll get them to you in hard back form.

Now about this series. The problem with Dallas is that they were a young basketball team. It's easy to go out and defeat your ach nemesis (Spurs) when that opponent isn't playing well. And let's keep this in mind MWILL, the SPURS pushed your team to seven games; not the other way around. The sooner you and other in denial Mavs' fans realize that your team was playing above your heads (just a little) and that THAT series took a lot out of the team, your healing process will begin. I want you to keep something in mind about the Spurs series and that was games five and six because they are going to be paramount to this diatribe in a bit.

What I want to convey to you and other disheartened Mav fans is that nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY had it out for the Mavs. Again that is one of the biggest piles of bullshit floating in the NBA fandom. Now with that said, the better team did win because the better team WAS A TEAM. MWILL in order for a team to become a champion, that team has to adopt a creed, a motto, a mission statement and you don't start adopting such a statement at the beginning of the playoffs, you adopt it as an embodiment of your organization. As Kori, myself and a few others who cover the Spurs will tell you, the Spurs have a motto that is set to a poem; the Stonecutter's creed. It is essentially about constantly chiseling away at your goal day in and day out. That is how the Spurs franchise operates and has become successful as such. When you look at the Heat, the 15 strong motto isn't just about the fifteen games it took the Heat to win to get a title but it was about the team's goal to win the season and that started last season when they were so close. MWILL when the Mavericks adopt such a credo, mantra or other franchise embodiment, they will begin to become a great franchise.

Now let me elaborate on this ONE series that defined your season. Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star Telegram told me back in 2003 that the Dallas Mavericks will never win a title because they are not a consistent team yet. What he was referring to was the fast starts and the lay offs that happen. it used to be the Mavs were good for doing the regular season like that but we were all witness to this collapse in this series and here why: because they lack the veteran leadership necessary to stay the course.

In the realm of horse racing, there are basically four types of horses in a race: a front runner (who gets out there in front and tries to get a big lead), a start dash (one that starts out fast and tries to set the pace), a stretch runner (one that wins races in the stretch because they've got the stamina) and a last spurt (a horse who tries to win the race in the last turn). When Dallas went on their 2-0 lead, nobody in that organization talked about playing for just one game. Nobody pulled back on that thoroughbred and kept it in the middle of the pack. The Mavs are a front running horse MWILL and they have always been since Don Nelson became the coach. The team got out to this fast start but didn't have the energy or stamina left to whether the race. They ran out of steam at the end.

Meanwhile the Heat, as a team, can be considered a stretch runner in this example and here's why. The Heat didn't panic when they were down 0-2 but instead they just stayed the course. There was no panicking in them because as veterans, the team knew that they had three games to get two wins out of. And so they methodically crept up on Dallas by winning game three in close fashion, by winning game four in convincing fashion and then actually winning game five to take a lead. In game six, Pat Riley cracked the whip on his thoroughbred team and they responded because they had energy and stamina.

Now if you're asking what does horse racing have to do with winning a basketball game, the symetry is that it takes 15 wins to become a NBA champion. To get there you have to know when to crack the whip and when to just lay off and let things come to you. The Mavericks, as a team, have yet to understand the concept of steady game play. When they have a double digit lead, they get away from the bread and butter plays that put them in that position to begin with. Against a good team like the Heat, they became exposed to a great extent that it terrified the players. They panicked in four straight games and you see the results of that choice.

MWILL this team also needed leadership from top. When all this chaos was going around and the players were looking for guidance, there wasn't any because the owner and the head coach were acting just like the players. Ask anyone who has commanded military troops or even had been a coach at some level. They will tell you that your men/players look to you as the calming force. If you don't 'look' worried when the shit is hitting the fan, they actually calm down and execute their duties with no problems. If the owner does the same thing of looking calm, then the coach can continue that message and the players respond. Your example are the two coaches. When the Mavs were up 2-0, Pat Riley didn't get flustered and he didn't waver on what he was doing as far as game planning either. He stayed true to form (yes Spurs fans I know) and he stayed the course. Yet when the series was tied and then the Mavs were down by one game, everyone beame unglued. The owner, coach and players all fell off the deep end and that decision was a costly one. Also MWILL the history of this team coughing up a game six was set in stone two series prior. Remember my statement about the Spurs/Mavs in games five and six? Well Dallas let the Spurs come back into that series by not handling business and they coughed up a golden opportunity for ths team.

MWILL if you look at this series the way it truly happened and now through tinted glasses, you will see that the Mavs have a long way to go as far as maturity in the playoffs. It wasn't that the Heat had guys who been to the Finals before; it was about the playoff games that they had racked up as a team of indiviuals players. That comes in handy in a situation like this because the experience of losing is a part of the experience of winning.

As a fan MWILL either you accept what has happened and move on to a new future or you stay bitter and live in the past. Even though this team has lost a series in which they could have either extended or wo the series, the fact remains that this team is very young. They have promise but you have to have the faith in that team. Claiming that the game was fixed, rigged and what not only serves the critics by saying that sportsmanship does not exist in Big D. This team needs to learn from adversity and this is the only lesson available. It's a bitter pill but every team that has ever one a title has gone through it.

G-Mo

P.S.: The score still is San Antonio THREE GOLD THINGIES and Dallas, um well never mind we know the score

SPARKY
06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
:cry

strangeweather
06-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Now if you're asking what does horse racing have to do with winning a basketball game, the symetry is that it takes 15 wins to become a NBA champion.
Great post, but now that the first round is 4 of 7, the magic number is 16.

spurs=bling
06-22-2006, 07:15 PM
:violin

clambake
06-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Everybody says dirk disappeared. Frankly, I've never felt like he deserved mvp considerations. Let's face it, he's no bird. I've seen his shot go cold too many times.

dknights411
06-22-2006, 07:34 PM

(From Aschcan in DFW)

http://www.forumspile.com/BooHoo-Baby.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2006, 08:23 PM

(From Aschcan in DFW)

First off where were you when the Mavs supposedly knocked out the Spurs? Your entire explanation could work exactly how the Mavs beat the Spurs. I admit, the best team did not win because they were knocked out by the Mavs in the semis. But none of us went on writing a report on how we were robbed. We were but we weren't being sore weiners about it; we were tough. I admit that the Stackhouse suspension was kinda rough, but that punch by Jason Terry was serious. You guys got lucky in Game 4 because that foul at the end on Bruce Bowen was totally a ticky-tack foul. So before you come in SpursTalk think about what you are writing. And by the way, there is a MavsTalk. Why the flying fuck would Spurs fans give a shit about someone complaining that they were robbed when that same team robbed us first? Go back to MavsTalk where people will agree with you. They have to. They're Mavs fans.
You are here-------------> SpursTalk
Go over there----------------------------> MavsTalk

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM
STFU!!!!

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Slinkyman
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM

(From Aschcan in DFW)

Why did you post what someone else wrote here? And why did you say you agree with this guy on this site when he'll probably never read it unless he trolls here

Trainwreck2100
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
this thread is a joke just like dirk's heart

Dirk's heart isn't a joke, it's just in his pussy

DDS4
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Great post G Mo. Couldn't have said it better.

As soon as Mavs fans, media, owner, coach and players start concentrating on basketball and not officiating, conspiracy theories, and all that other bullshit, they'll get a title.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-22-2006, 10:29 PM
this mavs fan is completely insane..hahhaha!!

Mavs_man_41
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM

Bet u wont fight him bitch :spin

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Bet u wont fight him bitch :spin

what the fuck you talking about now???? yeah i'm gonna fight someone over a msgboard...grow up cuban! go blog something and bitch a little bit more about conspiracies and whatnot.

if you havent noticed by now we dont give a fuck about your second place run out of the finals.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-23-2006, 02:08 AM
btw mavs_man_41 what are you 11yrs old?

Mavs_man_41
06-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Dirk's heart isn't a joke, it's just in his pussy

Wait, Duncan has a pussy? :spin

Mavs_man_41
06-23-2006, 02:49 AM
btw mavs_man_41 what are you 11yrs old?

i was joking, notice the spinning smiley face :spin . Lighten up dude.

Mavs_man_41
06-23-2006, 02:51 AM
^ Damn dude, you always sound so pissed off in all your posts. I mean, we all know you hate the mavs and cuban, but try not to let them ruin your life.

East Coast Babe
06-23-2006, 03:06 AM
I don't necessarily always like what Cuban does and I might even concede that this year he didn't act as well as he could have. But I watch a lot of things in the NBA and Cuban is one of them and in all honesty, he is more often right than wrong. It has been 26 years for the Mavs with no title. Cuban says there is a conspiracy against the Mavs. It could be he is right, if you consider he is more often right than wrong. You gotta at least wonder. One thing is for sure. They are laughed at mericilessly. That has never changed in 26 years.

I will say that the poster who says the Mavs didn't play consistant ball I will agree with. They seemed to run out of steam in the Finals, or maybe they did not know how to deal the situation. When they figure that out, perhaps the laughing will stop for them. (sorry, I feel sorry for them. I know you all don't).

Obstructed_View
06-23-2006, 03:14 AM
One thing is for sure. They are laughed at mericilessly. That has never changed in 26 years.

Due to people like the starters of this thread. The refs and the league waited until the Mavericks earned their way to the Finals to start deciding who was going to win and who was going to lose. The Spurs fans have to accept that they were beaten by the better team, but the Mavericks don't have to accept their loss with any kind of grace. Classless people get laughed at by the rest of the world, and the Mavericks fans don't even make it difficult to find things to ridicule.

FUCKMARKCUBAN
06-23-2006, 03:22 AM
^ Damn dude, you always sound so pissed off in all your posts. I mean, we all know you hate the mavs and cuban, but try not to let them ruin your life.

i'm always to blown to be pissed off.... really dont assume things. and how do i sound???? you mean "you always type so pissed off in all your posts." :lol

LEONARD
06-23-2006, 07:46 AM
From one Mavs fan to another

DON'T FUCK WITH ME BITCH!

http://www.blogs4biz.info/media/scared%20monkey.jpg

He probably doesn't bitch because he spent so much time telling us not to. :lol

I've never been one to complain about officiating in any sport...especially in a 7 game series. The better team will always win... :fro

pache100
06-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry boys, the best team did not win this thing this year and we can blame this on the NBA.

You are absolutely right. Because, the best two teams in the league were not even in the finals.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.blogs4biz.info/media/scared%20monkey.jpg

I've never been one to complain about officiating in any sport...especially in a 7 game series. The better team will always win... :fro

Two pretty decent Mavposters who aren't more homers about their team than we are about ours:

Leonard and bulletedge.

mabber
06-23-2006, 10:19 AM
First off where were you when the Mavs supposedly knocked out the Spurs? Your entire explanation could work exactly how the Mavs beat the Spurs. I admit, the best team did not win because they were knocked out by the Mavs in the semis. But none of us went on writing a report on how we were robbed. We were but we weren't being sore weiners about it; we were tough. I admit that the Stackhouse suspension was kinda rough, but that punch by Jason Terry was serious. You guys got lucky in Game 4 because that foul at the end on Bruce Bowen was totally a ticky-tack foul. So before you come in SpursTalk think about what you are writing. And by the way, there is a MavsTalk. Why the flying fuck would Spurs fans give a shit about someone complaining that they were robbed when that same team robbed us first? Go back to MavsTalk where people will agree with you. They have to. They're Mavs fans.
You are here-------------> SpursTalk
Go over there----------------------------> MavsTalk

While I agree that the original post by that Mav's fan was ridiculous, your response is equally ridiculous. You can't dog someone for crying and then turn around and cry (but qualify by saying we were tough about our crying :lol :lol :lol ). It would be really nice if some Mav fans would quit crying cuz we heard enough of it from some Spur's fans after they lost. Some of you bring me much humor :spin

Supergirl
06-23-2006, 12:31 PM
The "best team" is the one that can find a way to win despite the officiating. Get over it.

All your arguments could be used against the Mavs, who got to the Finals by some generous calls from the officials in the series against the Spurs. But the Spurs didn't whine and complain like your guys did. They played through it, had a chance to win, and lost it because of one dumb mistake (Manu's foul) or because the ran out of steam (OT), whichever way you want to look at. So, ultimately they weren't the best team this year. Neither were your Mavs. STFU and get over it.

mabber
06-23-2006, 12:41 PM
The "best team" is the one that can find a way to win despite the officiating. Get over it.

All your arguments could be used against the Mavs, who got to the Finals by some generous calls from the officials in the series against the Spurs. But the Spurs didn't whine and complain like your guys did. They played through it, had a chance to win, and lost it because of one dumb mistake (Manu's foul) or because the ran out of steam (OT), whichever way you want to look at. So, ultimately they weren't the best team this year. Neither were your Mavs. STFU and get over it.

Supergirl...I'd suggest going to get a towel or rag so when you finally pull your head out of your ass you'll have something to wipe it off with. :smokin :drunk

bulletedge
06-23-2006, 12:42 PM

Frankly, I'm tired of either Mavs fans OR Spurs fans bitching about the refs. The season is over. True champs find a way to win no matter what. Neither one of our teams won. The trophy is in Miami.

Besides, this IS the NBA and we all know that "real" officiating seldom occurs in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
06-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Besides, this IS the NBA and we all know that "real" officiating seldom occurs in the NBA.
If FIBA is any indication of "real" officiating, I'll take the NBA, thanks.

bulletedge
06-24-2006, 07:10 AM
If FIBA is any indication of "real" officiating, I'll take the NBA, thanks.

I was thinking more along the lines of the NCAA than FIBA.

All refs make mistakes- they're human and basketball is a hard game to officiate. But routinely allowing 2 or 3 steps on drives to the hoop, systematically protecting star players vs. rookies, etc. are practices I would like to see eliminated.