PDA

View Full Version : I must admit...

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Besides all the Mavs hate, you guys do have the best NBA forum...ours isn't near this nice and user friendly.

With this year's success, I assume that to change though...

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-23-2006, 01:05 PM
How's that 2006 parade going?

DDS4
06-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Haha...nice to break in Mavs fans early.

bulletedge
06-23-2006, 01:15 PM
The parade was GREAT!!! Cuban wore his Speedo as promised. He had Nohitzki at his feet on a choker chain eating shit out of a dog bowl and Stern hanging in effigy from the gallows at the back of his float.

Howard was on another float practicing free throws, Terry was doing some work on the speed bag, Stackhouse was singing some gansta rap tune and Dampier was just standing there imitating an NBA center (he couldn't even catch any of the panties the groupies were throwing at him).

Mayor Laura Miller was quoted as saying she was glad she had announced the parade early so everyone knew well in advance what day they needed to call in sick.

It was a great day here in Big D!!!

picnroll
06-23-2006, 01:15 PM
They're still looking for a cliff in Dallas to route it over.

mabber
06-23-2006, 01:19 PM

Get used to this. You compliment them or just try to talk hoops and you normally get thrown under the bus on this forum. You just have to fight thru it to be able to talk to the decent posters.

pache100
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
The parade was GREAT!!! Cuban wore his Speedo as promised. He had Nohitzki at his feet on a choker chain eating shit out of a dog bowl and Stern hanging in effigy from the gallows at the back of his float.

Howard was on another float practicing free throws, Terry was doing some work on the speed bag, Stackhouse was singing some gansta rap tune and Dampier was just standing there imitating an NBA center (he couldn't even catch any of the panties the groupies were throwing at him).

Mayor Laura Miller was quoted as saying she was glad she had announced the parade early so everyone knew well in advance what day they needed to call in sick.

Hilarious! You're a good sport! :lol

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2006, 01:22 PM

We have a mavericks fan who is a good sport :wakeup

pache100
Get used to this. You compliment them or just try to talk hoops and you normally get thrown under the bus on this forum. You just have to fight thru it to be able to talk to the decent posters.

That is not true. If you treat the posters here with respect and don't act like you think they are stupid, they will treat you the same. But, don't expect to come in here trash-talking about the Spurs and get patted on the head, that ain't gonna happen. And you are gonna have to put up with a little dissing and smashing of the Mavs for awhile. The wound is still new (and most of it is true, anyway :spless: ).

Mavs<Spurs

Yeah and it was totally sincere : Expect that to change (after our recent success).

kskonn
06-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Besides all the Mavs hate, you guys do have the best NBA forum...ours isn't near this nice and user friendly.

I was checking out your forum and it appears that most the posters don't seem to want it to change. They seem to like the smaller more personal sight.

pache100
06-23-2006, 01:23 PM
They're still looking for a cliff in Dallas to route it over.

:lmao

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 01:25 PM

I have to give you props.

You and Leonard are the two best Mavsfans here.

Our fishing trip wasn't that great. It was too early for us. We normally don't fish until July (kind of like how Lucy says that she never eats December snowflakes because they are not ripe).

Some members of our team weren't there so
We hired a private detective to try to find them: Horry and Tony Parker.

Manu was so discouraged that he didn't catch anything that we finally broke down and got him a psychologist.

All the fish that Pop caught were so small that they had to be thrown back.

It was an interesting fishing trip.

mabber
06-23-2006, 01:31 PM
That is not true. If you treat the posters here with respect and don't act like you think they are stupid, they will treat you the same. But, don't expect to come in here trash-talking about the Spurs and get patted on the head, that ain't gonna happen. And you are gonna have to put up with a little dissing and smashing of the Mavs for awhile. The wound is still new (and most of it is true, anyway :spless: ).

All I've tried to do on this forum is try to talk hoops. I've not talked one bit of trash and I still get dogged by a lot of posters. It's getting better but mostly because I have been responding to posters I know that are cool. The only time I've been rude is when I've been attacked.

Texas_Ranger
06-23-2006, 01:32 PM

Oh, Gee!!
06-23-2006, 01:36 PM
All I've tried to do on this forum is try to talk hoops. I've not talked one bit of trash and I still get dogged by a lot of posters. It's getting better but mostly because I have been responding to posters I know that are cool. The only time I've been rude is when I've been attacked.

don't worry about pache, she's one of the most myopic homers on spurstalk.

pache100
06-23-2006, 01:44 PM
don't worry about pache, she's one of the most myopic homers on spurstalk.

That I am. :flag: I try to keep an open mind, though, which is more than I can say for some. :blah

rayray2k8
06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
It'll get better man.
Not ALL members here are bastards.
Give it some time and sooner or later people will lighten up.
But for now its fun to rub the choke job dallas did in mavrick fans faces. :lol
Sorry :oops

Mixability
06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Wow the Spurs board is better than the Mavs board?

THATS unexpected! :lmao

himat
06-23-2006, 02:51 PM
rayray has a great sig :lol .

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
rayray has a great sig :lol .

But it needs to be smaller. It blows the margins of the page.

rayray2k8
06-23-2006, 02:54 PM
But it needs to be smaller. It blows the margins of the page.
Gottcha.
You should of told me sooner.

Kori Ellis
06-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Mavs fans need to understand that a lot of Spurs fans are still bitter and defensive when a Mavs fan posts anything.

Part of it has to do with the Spurs losing, part of it is about hating Cuban, but most of it has to do with what assholes Mavs fans were on this forum during the series. It was overwhelming.

Anyway, we are all past that now and the Mavs fans that have stuck around are cool. So I'd expect that Spurs fans will start behaving more civil.

Thanks.

Sportcamper
06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I have been banned or censored from every forum but this one....I don’t quite know how to take that.... :lol

mabber
06-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Mavs fans need to understand that a lot of Spurs fans are still bitter and defensive when a Mavs fan posts anything.

Part of it has to do with the Spurs losing, part of it is about hating Cuban, but most of it has to do with what assholes Mavs fans were on this forum during the series. It was overwhelming.

Anyway, we are all past that now and the Mavs fans that have stuck around are cool. So I'd expect that Spurs fans will start behaving more civil.

Thanks.

They're starting to come around. I knew they would which is why I've stuck around.

td4mvp21
06-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Don't ever frickin try to play "victim". We put up with the most jackass of Mavs fans for a month or so rubbing in their victory. They were rude to the admins and everyone else, they bragged and bragged about how they were gonna win and how there was going to be a dynasty (well maybe it was only that one guy that said dynasty). So dont act like that.

mavsfan1000
06-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah that was hard to admit. :lol There is no other team board out there that matches with spurstalk. This forum has it all.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah that was hard to admit. :lol There is no other team board out there that matches with spurstalk. This forum has it all.

First, Kori is the best. She makes this place jumpin.

Second, so many great contributors (can't name them all) but:

chumpdumper, ducks, tdmvp, texasballa1001, Pistons<Spurs, SolidD, the very generous TPark, Mr.Body, 1parker1, angelluv, supergirl, darrin, boblanier, kolko (all that argentina inside info), bruno, brutalis, darrins, leonard (pretty cool for a mavs fan), bulletedge (also pretty cool for mavs fan), jmarkjohn, some other variations on timvp (hard to keep them all straight), walterbenitez, spurswoman, practically all the Pistons fans are cool, ronartest has his good days, ahf (when he isn't throwin us under the bus, esp Pop ), icecoldbrewski, extrastout have to be thrown in there too (sides what's better than watchin the game with a brew)

I can't remember everybody, so if I forgot ya don't take offense. Just a finite amount of memory. We got a lot of cool people.

We've got cool people from a lot of different teams.

Good times!!!

rayray2k8
06-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah I agree, i believe its the people that make this forum great.
Im not gonna say its the BEST forum in the world, but its up there.
Cheers. :fro

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 08:04 PM

I kinda expect that being on a Spurs forum...it would be nice if Texas teams rooted for each other though (unless we're playing each other of course :smokin )...I rooted for the Spurs in '03 after they knocked off the Mavs...great to see them beat the Lakers that year. I also rooted for them last year.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 08:06 PM
rayray, could've done without the choke video :oops

Actually they did choke in game 3 though, but not the others.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 08:10 PM

I still say that dum@ss bit$h jinxed us...she's been nothing but a problem ever since she's been running things. :flipoff

Now I'm whining about our mayor... :oops

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM

Part of it has to do with the Spurs losing, part of it is about hating Cuban,

I can understand the trolls that probably came on here after the series...what I don't understand is this:

Why do you guys hate Cuban so much. He's not the owner of your team, and as long as he's around we'll always have a winning team on the court...he does go overboard and admits to whining, understandably, but he takes up for his team like no owner I have ever seen.

I remember when he jumped on the floor after a fight broke out (can't remmeber who)...man, he would've got stomped too :elephant ..and fined more, probably banned.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Why are the Mavs fans here anyways?

ChumpDumper
06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Why do you guys hate Cuban so much. He's not the owner of your team, and as long as he's around we'll always have a winning team on the court...he does go overboard and admits to whiningAsked and answered.

Very efficient.

To put a finer point on it, he's behavior is no better than the average Mavfan douchetroll that has recently infected these boards, and if he's going to get that much facetime on tv and that much ink in the press and that many bytes of coverage on the internets, he will be commented upon.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Asked and answered.

Very efficient.

To put a finer point on it, he's behavior is no better than the average Mavfan douchetroll that has recently infected these boards, and if he's going to get that much facetime on tv and that much ink in the press and that many bytes of coverage on the internets, he will be commented upon.

Exactly!

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Why are the Mavs fans here anyways?

Why are you here? :spless:

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 08:38 PM

Because I'm a Heat fan and Spurs fan that's why I'm here.Why are you here?

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 08:40 PM

Same reason you're here. Talk basketball.

You all get to remind us how you beat us in 7 and they get to remind you of how they beat you in the Finals.

:depressed

SCdac
06-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Why do you guys hate Cuban so much.

LMAO I'm suprised this question is even being asked.

Mavs<Spurs
06-23-2006, 08:46 PM

Well, you all are the world champs. That sounds better than the alternative!

But it still leaves these questions: how did this happen? Are we in a parallel universe.

This whole playoffs was weird.

Lakers> Suns but Suns won anyway
Clips certainly > Suns but Suns won any way

It appeared that Spurs > Mavs but Mavs beat Spurs???
In the second round???

Heat >>> Chicago but it turns out that Chicago was almost as good

Nets >>>> Heat (from regular season) but Heat destroyed Nets in 5

Pistons >>>> Heat (regular season and past) but Heat owned Pistons (wow!)

Dallas < Heat but at first it looked like Dallas >>>> Heat but then Heat took Mavs. Interesting.

And Wade gets a ring and a finals mvp before LeBron.

It's like a strange dream or something. and part of it was a nightmare.

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 08:57 PM

LMAO...we can go on and on... :smokin

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
:stfu :trolls: :elephant :owned :idiot :wrongf :ban:
LMAO...we can go on and on... :smokin

Oh Okay!Are you a female or male?How old are you?I'm just asking.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Well, you all are the world champs. That sounds better than the alternative!

But it still leaves these questions: how did this happen? Are we in a parallel universe.

This whole playoffs was weird.

Lakers> Suns but Suns won anyway
Clips certainly > Suns but Suns won any way

It appeared that Spurs > Mavs but Mavs beat Spurs???
In the second round???

Heat >>> Chicago but it turns out that Chicago was almost as good

Nets >>>> Heat (from regular season) but Heat destroyed Nets in 5

Pistons >>>> Heat (regular season and past) but Heat owned Pistons (wow!)

Dallas < Heat but at first it looked like Dallas >>>> Heat but then Heat took Mavs. Interesting.

And Wade gets a ring and a finals mvp before LeBron.

It's like a strange dream or something. and part of it was a nightmare.

Exactly!

ChumpDumper
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh Okay!Are you a female or male?How old are you?I'm just asking.And the circle is complete once again.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
And the circle is complete once again.

Huh?

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 09:41 PM
:stfu :trolls: :elephant :owned :idiot :wrongf :ban:

Oh Okay!Are you a female or male?How old are you?I'm just asking.

Oh, I'm not allowed because I like the Mavs...we can talk basketball, right? :rolleyes :cry

Why are the Spurs not in your sig? :angel

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Same reason you're here. Talk basketball.

You all get to remind us how you beat us in 7 and they get to remind you of how they beat you in the Finals.

:depressed

Guess he (or she) wins in the end then huh? Likes Heat and Spurs?

rayray2k8
06-23-2006, 10:08 PM
rayray, could've done without the choke video :oops

Actually they did choke in game 3 though, but not the others.

My bad man.
I'll take it down by July.
Im not obsessed with the mavs losing you know.
Can I keep the Cuban choking pic??
I really hate that bastard. :lol

DallasFan
06-23-2006, 10:14 PM
My bad man.
I'll take it down by July.
Im not obsessed with the mavs losing you know.
Can I keep the Cuban choking pic??
I really hate that bastard. :lol

No problem..this is a Spurs forum anyways...I just like to talk basketball with the fans, and I've always rooted for the Spurs when we were out...('03 against Lakers and last year).

I still wish we had Finley too...he was treated very unfair in Big D.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Guess he (or she) wins in the end then huh? Likes Heat and Spurs?

I'm a female.

awmyplace
06-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh, I'm not allowed because I like the Mavs...we can talk basketball, right? :rolleyes :cry

Why are the Spurs not in your sig? :angel

Duh!

I will add the Spurs in my sig.

P.S.Are you a female or male?How old are you?I'm just asking.

Louie Vega
06-24-2006, 12:28 AM

What kind of reception do you expect being a mavs fan? It would help if your organization from top to bottom didn't behave like a bunch of idiots. I bet alot of the mavs staff wonder why they are catching so much shit from the rest of the NBA. In their minds they did nothing wrong.

DallasFan
06-24-2006, 12:33 AM
What kind of reception do you expect being a mavs fan? It would help if your organization from top to bottom didn't behave like a bunch of idiots. I bet alot of the mavs staff wonder why they are catching so much shit from the rest of the NBA. In their minds they did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't say from top to bottom...mainly stays at the top. Mark has his own, wierd way of doing things, but in his mind it's what is right, and that's what he's gonna do...you guys don't see everything he does like we do...just like we don't get to see everything going on with the Spurs (except what's shown on FSN Southwest).

ChumpDumper
06-24-2006, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't say from top to bottom.I would. Owner F-Bombs to coach whining to player nutshots and forearms to the head? That's top to bottom.
you guys don't see everything he does like we do.Again, i disagree. We see more of him than we should see of any owner in any sport.

Louie Vega
06-24-2006, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't say from top to bottom...mainly stays at the top. Mark has his own, wierd way of doing things, but in his mind it's what is right, and that's what he's gonna do...you guys don't see everything he does like we do...just like we don't get to see everything going on with the Spurs (except what's shown on FSN Southwest).

You sound like you have battered woman syndrome. Making excuses for CUban when it is obvious to everyone around the nation that he is an ass. Like I said before. Mavs fans, coaching staff, owner, and fans don't think they did anything wrong. It is obvious that this type of behavior is common in Dallas. But when you are put in the national spotlight and everyone else around the world sees and calls you out on it, you have no idea what they are talking about. Because people in Dallas are used to the disfunction and lack of class. I am sure this wasn't the first time Cuban has made classless statements like the one he made about the city of San Antonio. But since it was the playoffs and the game was in the national spotlight that comment got out. I just hope the mavs learn from this year and try and clean up their act. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

awmyplace
06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
:lmao :flag: